Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)


301 to 350 of 5,727 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & GM:
Allyph wakes up with a yawn and stretches herself. She sits up and looks around. "Morning Baer."

"Morning Cecile, nice to meet you." Allyph shakes Cecile's hand. "If it's not too much of a bother, yes please. Is there anything I can do to help in the kitchen?"

"What are you reading, Baer?" Allyph walks over and takes a look at the page Baer's reading.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

@Baer and Allyph:
StephNyan wrote:
"Shall I make you some lunch?"

Baer accepts Cecile's hand in her own meaty half-orcish one.

"Nice to meet you Cecile. Are you one of the whelps who makes this den their home?" Baer asks friendlily. "I would love lunch. After the carnage of yesterday, food would be welcome."

Baer watches as Cecile works.

"Tell me Cecile...after you have clubbed the skull of your greatest foe and enemy into a bloody pulp, what would you do with your life?"

* * *

Allyph wrote:
"What are you reading, Baer?"

Baer holds up her travel book, showing an unmarked black cover.

"This is one of two last remnants of my time at the Academae...my traveling spellbook. I have a larger one, but I use that one rarely. Someday, I hope to add to this...it was the only thing that Lamm could not take from me."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

"I already said I will leave in the morning, sir. I object giving my pay to others, as that was never stated ahead of time. Thus, the 28 gold wasn't worth my risk and effort. I will leave now. Should your residence and tavern come under attack tonight, you will have to defend it yourself."

Kwoon gathers his things and walks out. Shouldn't be too hard to find employment, as I am sure bodyguards will be in demand after what I saw. Kwoon will go to the police building, figuring they might know the location of the orc named Baer and full of people who will find the police overwhelmed and in need of his services.

As for the link provided, I didn't see a link (url link?). If you are referring to the mention that they return to the card dealer's house, I don't believe my character was there for that discussion. So, I'm going to try this way. Not sure if I missed something else. If it doesn't pan out, I suppose I would probably post a note on that house door, as I need to honor the wishes of delivering the gold.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
"No, I'm not one of the... whelps," Cecile replies to Baer from the kitchen. "I work here. This place is my home though, because taking care of the kids requires me to live here. Part of the job."

Cecile returns with two plates, both filled with toast, and several things to put onto it. "We don't have anything else, sorry."

She leaves again and returns with two cups of milk. "I'm... not sure... I've never been in such a situation...? Though I figure I'd try finding a new purpose, I guess? Is there something else you'd like to achieve?"

"You know," Cecile starts when she hears Baer mention 'the only thing Lamm could not take from me', "you could try climbing up again. Sounds like you lost a lot, but you never know what life gives you."

Kwoon:
"You'd better leave now!" mister Jordy yells. "And leave the key here, you have no right to keep it!"

Once outside Kwoon notices the street have become even more crowded. It doesn't take long before he sees a small group of four men approach him. They look like dock workers and wear no armor. Each of them is armed though. Two with daggers, and two with short swords. There's 20 feet in between them and Kwoon, and one of them shouts at Kwoon: "You! What side are you on?!"

I expected you'd say Kwoon hadn't heard it, which is why I made Jovalson tell you when you'd just arrived at the Jordy Inn. You had a head start of the others, but hadn't left the street yet. They weren't that slow. Kwoon may have missed it, but he's smart enough to make sense of what Jovalson said:

"I heard the half-elf woman yell something about Zelala... Zellaila... someone's home, tomorrow," Jovalson says to Kwoon. "It was when we were already walking, so that's all I heard."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

Hung Hei Kwoon laughs. "Side? I'm on my side. I'm always on my side. I was on my side yesterday, my side today, and I plan on being on my side tomorrow. It would be illogical and unwise to be on another side other than my own side." He pauses for a moment to see if that registers.

"I do hope those weapons I see you holding are for self defense only. As you can see, I am totally unarmed and if you must know, unemployed and without a place to sleep tonight. Lastly, if you are referring to political sides, I am a foreigner and unfamiliar with your politics and policies. I simply work hard to earn a living. Do you know where I might find lodging tonight? The tavern's owner over there," as he points to Jovalson's house "we had a disagreement over payment for services rendered for saving a variety of children this morning from an old man named Lamm, and now I no longer have lodging."

Hmmm, I have an idea.... "Perhaps you'll find answers at his tavern, which is filled with a variety of alcoholic beverages, a great place to discuss the various 'sides'. Since they neither have a bouncer nor a bodyguard at that particular tavern, your discussion would probably be uninterrupted. Good evening gentlemen and I wish you good fortune in your endeavours. And in case you missed it, it's that tavern over there." Hung Hei Kwoon, ever truthful, tells them the complete truth. Yes, well, bodyguard and bouncing services were not needed there, so I'm sure Jovalson's family will be just fine.

(Yes, I totally missed that part after getting all caught up in Kwoon's accounting skills for profit versus risk analysis. Laugh. I'm also heading to a casino pool tomorrow, so I might post later tomorrow. Lastly, I'll update my character for the Lawful Neutral Alignment. It's rather apparent as I play him that it fits his profile far better.)


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor looks a bit surprised as the woman calls him sir. "Sir? I've never been called sir miss, it's just Mavor." He extends his hand as he puts the sap away with his other hand.

"As it seems it's not safe for anyone to travel alone this night, I will help escort you back home. Is it close to here?" Mavor says as he tightens his grip on his greataxe again, letting it rest on his shoulder.

"It's just for show. People tend to avoid you if you carry this around." He says smiling as he notices the woman eyeing the large axe.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

@Baer & Allyph:

Baer has nothing but compliments for the meal...it fits her biggest criteria perfectly: it's free and not made by her.

She muses on Cecile's words and the obviousness of them.

Do something else, but what? Climb again? To where?

Baer eats in silence, pondering the life's input from the waif who works at the orphanage.

* * *
Baer will help tidy up after brunch and say her goodbyes...sort of.

"Allyph...did we say we were going to meet up again? Or did you wish to come with me to sell the loot from Lamm? Maybe some of it should go back here to pay for Lamm's lot?"


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & GM:
"I'd like to go to Zellara's house. I'm hoping the others will also come," Allyph replies to Baer while still eating. She appears to be a rather slow eater.

"We should sell the loot together, and share the money. I think it'd be a great idea to ask the others if they want to donate some of their money. I sure will."

When finally done eating, Allyph packs her possessions and thanks Cecile for the hospitality. "Please thank Illya for me. Tell her I'll visit again soon."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
When Baer and Allyph are about to leave Illya joins them from upstairs. "Thanks for your stay overnight, girls. I'm glad nothing bad happened, but know that your presence made an old woman feel at ease."

Illya lets Baer and Allyph back out in the rowdy street, and worry crosses her face. "Take care," she says, and locks and bars the door again.

The street's a mess. There's a may lying on the ground of one of the alleys, his head smashed in and his pockets emptied. The people who move through the street down notice his, and most of them are still yelling things about the king or queen.

Kwoon:
I consider the action of trying to let the men target the tavern evil. Kwoon may not like mister and misses Jordy for paying him less than he wished for, but pointing thugs at the home of an innocent child is considered evil by me. I don't want evil PCs in this game, so please keep that in mind. I will ignore the part where Kwoon refers the men to the inn.

Kwoon's words are lost on the four men in front of him. Patience isn't their strong suit. One of the men charges at Kwoon, and attempts to stab the monk with a dagger. "Stop blabbering, just give us what you own!"

Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The man misses, but he seems eager to try again. His mates looks like they're about to join in.

Initiative Kwoon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative Men: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

You're up first. It's currently 1am, a new day.

There's no map for this encounter so I'm keeping it simple. There's 1 man in front of you, and 3 are 20 feet behind him.

Mavor:
"Thank you, sire. Uhm, Mavor, I mean."

The woman tells Mavor the location of her house, which is just a block removed from their current position. While walking Mavor notices she's in her early thirties. The woman has half long black hair, and wears a simply blue dress.

"My name's Blythe, by the way," the woman says half a street later. "Excuse me for not properly introducing myself earlier. It was... the moment..."


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & GM:
"You're welcome Illya. No problem! And thanks for the food, I know you don't have a lot to spare..."

Allyph waves at Illya before the old woman quickly closes the door. When she and Baer walk off, Allyph notices the man in the alley. "Was this what Zellara told us about, the great evil?" she wonders out loud.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor looks at the woman as they walk, when she speaks up and apologizes to him he shakes his head.
"No apologies needed Blythe. Circumstances like this numb our senses and courtesies, regardless of who you are."

He looks at her a bit puzzled when they near her home and asks her another question.

"So the word on the streets is the king has died and the queen has taken over. I hope you weren't on the street to voice your opinion as people seemed to want to bash each other's brains in just for a difference in opinion. If you were though, I don't need to know your preference, if you were not, why were you out in the streets during those protests?"


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

Okie dokey. But, uh, how does a 20 not hit me?

"But, I like what I own. And you shall not have it."

Time to trip this poor fellow.

Trip attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

@Baer and Allyph:
Allyph Yssal wrote:
"Was this what Zellara told us about, the great evil?"

Baer looks at the body and grunts.

"Hardly seems like great evil. It might be murder...or the jerk earned it like Lamm. It is hard to say. To me, great evil is wholesale thought into doing bad things...like what Lamm did to me. A single man dead might be a tragedy, or it just might be death. Or murder."

Baer looks around at the chaos around them.

"This is a spat over a king or queen. Hardly worth worrying about."

Baer walks with Allyph to sell the stuff and go to the meeting space.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
@Baer: I'll first have you go to Zellara's house. I'd like to have everyone back together before the loot's sold.

Baer and Allyph are on their way to Zellara's home when a man approaches them. The man wears the guard's uniform, walks funny, and smells bad.

When the man's reaches Baer and Allyph he continues to walk next to Baer. He seems to have some trouble formulating coherent sentences: "Hey... *hiccup* Hey... whadayoudowaa... Uhhhh... Ya... *hiccup* whadaIsayaaaaa... Ugh... Yaknow... *hiccup* Yayado..."

Denario:
Denario's mom suggested he'd go bed. I've seen no reply to it, so does that mean he'll do as she suggests?

Kwoon:
Must've looked wrong... So that's 2 damage for Kwoon after all.

Kwoon's trip attempt succeeds, and the man that attacked him is now on the ground. "Whoa! Guys, some help!"

The other men approach Kwoon and attack him head-on. Though they don't seem to understand the concept of flanking.

Man 2, Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Man 3, Short sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Man 4, Short sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Man 4, Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

One of the three men attacking Kwoon hits the monk with his short sword. Meanwhile the man who's on the ground tries to stand up. Kwoon sees an opening. (AoO!)

Unless Kwoon knocks the man who's trying to stand up down, the man will attack Kwoon again.

Man 1, Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Provided he gets his attack, the man truly misses Kwoon this time.

You're up, after taking your AoO.

Mavor:
"I was at the tavern all evening, just doing my job as a waitress, when all of this started. I stayed there some time, but I decided I'd try to go home," Blythe explains to Mavor.

"I know it sounds foolish, but... my cat's at my home... I was worried..."

When Mavor and Blythe arrive at Blythe's house the woman sighs, happy to see the door and windows are still in place. Blythe quickly takes her key and unlocks the door. She then looks at Mavor. "Are you coming inside? It's still dangerous outside..."

Blythe opens the door and enters her house. She directly bends over to pick up a small kitten from the floor. The animal meows frantically, and Blythe pats its head as she moves inside her house. "Calm Pooky. Everything's alright, shhh."

Blythe holds the door open for Mavor, waiting for him to decide if he wants to enter. While waiting Blythe holds the kitten protectively.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & GM:
Allyph gives Baer a nervous look, and whispers in her ear: "What do we do?"

She decides to quicken her pace, and motions for Baer to do the same.

What a creep!


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

So, 2 from the first hit, 3 from the sword, for 5 total. Plus, I cannot trip a man standing up as part of an AoO. It's tricky, but as the AoO happens prior to the event, he would still be prone, and thus unable to trip. Lastly, we (er, you) should think about how I might handle Immediate actions in the future, as I can take them on your turn. Do I use it on successful attacks after knowing the result? I'm going to be getting more immediate effects that I can use in the future, so something to ponder now I suppose.

Hung Hei Kwoon will kick the man's lower left floating ribs as he tries to get up.

Kick AoO with +4 on prone target: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 4 = 24 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Realizing he didn't hit very hard, he tries to punch the man's ribs in a flurry. "Don't fight me, my stuff is mine."

Punch to ribs 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Punch to ribs 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Really? 1 damage each time? I'm so dead.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

GM

Spoiler:

He might as well, if they haven't used his old room for something else.
Otherwise he'd sleep on a couch.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor ponders the question Blythe is asking him as he looks into the house and the cat.

Is she just being kind and worried, does she think she needs to repay me or something else entirely.

To Mavor this sort of situations are a bit awkward, he hasn't had much experience with relationships in his time, so flirting is a bit beyond him.

He looks at Blythe and then back outside, listening in if he hears any more people fighting or in trouble.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7

If he doesn't hear anything he'll nod and accept the invitation.
"Alright, I accept. It's not like I live in a good neighbourhood myself, going back there now is asking for trouble." He walks in and gently pats the little kitten Pooky on its head, then takes a seat when Blythe offers it.

If Mavor does hear someone in trouble he'll decline politely.
"I must decline miss Blythe, I think I hear someone else in trouble. People turning into rowdy criminals when they usually are not are the most dangerous. The normal criminals you know to avoid."
With that said, Mavor heads outside in the direction of the noise.

Unless Mavor specifically hears someone close by fighting or calling for help, he'll stay at Blythe's residence.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

@Baer & Allyph:
Allyph Yssal wrote:
"What do we do?"

Baer stares at the guard, her mind racing about her new purpose, her new life, her new chance to turn over a new leaf.

She seems frozen...thinking.

Let's see what this guard does while Baer tries to sort out her entire life.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
"Waaaa! Yaneffi? Neffi? *hiccup* Waaa! Neffiya!"/b] the drunk guard nearly yells in Baer's ear, and waves his arms in the air. [b]"Weshould... shoulda... We shoouuld... drinka? *hiccup*"

The drunk guard focuses entirely on Baer, continuously calling her 'Neffi' and waving his arms about."Neffi... howalifebeen? *hiccup* Yatellame...tella... ya teeeeell... *hiccup* me... haha!"

Denario:
Denario's room is still the same as when he last saw it. He goes to bed, and while he's in bed he continues to hear the noise outside. People are still yelling, and in the distance are some more small explosions. After a while Denario falls asleep.

The next morning Denario wakes up rested. There's some noise downstairs, but nothing alarming. Denario recognizes Emily's voice. The girl's chatting hyperactively, and there's an occasional 'hmm' from their father.

Kwoon:
5 damage, correct. An immediate action like Redirection will immediately go into effect when you decide to use it. Redirection doesn't require the attack to hit you. It just has to be aimed at you. I'll refrain from making attack rolls, until you've decided if you want to use this skill. When I've confirmed if you will (not) use an immediate action, the actual attack(s) will be made against Kwoon.

Kwoon kicks the man who's standing up, but the kick doesn't doesn't do anything to prevent the man from doing so. The man attacks Kwoon, but misses.

In a flurry of blows Kwoon hits the man he kicked earlier, punching him in his side. The punch doesn't hurt a lot.

All four men attack Kwoon again. Two of them with a dagger, and two of them with a short sword. None of them seems bright enough to try flank Kwoon.

Do you want to use your immediate action against one of them?

Mavor:
Mavor hears a lot of noise, including screams and a few small magical explosions in the distance. Except fro the occasional angry mob there doesn't seem to be much to react to.

Blythe quickly closes the door after Mavor's entered her house, and smiles when he pats Pooky. "Here, hold him for a moment," she says, and carefully places the kitten in Mavor's arms. Blythe locks her door and bars it, then takes Pooky back.

"Please take a seat." Blythe points at the couch next to the fireplace. Her house is very small and the room Mavor and Blythe are currently in, which is her living room, looks like it takes up most of the house's space. The couch is the only place to sit.

The living room is sparsely decorated, as if Blythe doesn't have a lot of money to spend on furniture. If Mavor were to take a closer look at Blythe's dress he could come to a similar conclusion. There's a single rug on the wooden floor, in front of the couch. A small table stands on the rug. The only other furniture in this room are a small table and a cabinet, both placed against the walls. There are two wooden doors, and Blythe walks to one of them.

"Want something to drink?" Blythe asks Mavor before she opens the door.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & GM:
What's he saying...?

"Baer, do you know this man?" Allyph asks. "He... seems to recognize you...? Your name's actually Neffi?"


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor looks around the small room, glancing at the poor conditions of most of the items, reminding him of his own home and the sober decorations in it.

"Water or something else convenient is fine. I'm not a high class citizen myself, so whatever you're having will do."

Mavor continues to pet Pooky on the head and the kitten seems to enjoy the petting and the extra attention, to Mavor's surprise. His big hands are quite gentle with the little kitten and it curls up into a ball in them.

"Seems he's quite taken with me." He says as hescratches the kitten's head.
"I see you're just another soul scraping together a living in the city. Very sober interior decorating." Mavor says as he motions towards the rug and the rest of the room.
"Nothing wrong with that though."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

Yes, the one with the sword. This is going to be my death, so might as well use it. Based upon my math, they have an 88% chance to hit me at least 1 time since they are all getting 2 attacks. With just 6 more HP, I think this is going to be over soon.

Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

@Baer and Allyph:

"No, I don't know him, but I know the type," Baer says to Allyph as she turns to address the drunk.

"No, I'm not your Neffi...it is unlikely that she has the same beautiful smile that I do," Baer says with a big tusked smile, having been in this man's condition before.

"Neffi is probably waiting for you at home. Why don't we walk there to her? Show us the way."

Baer gently pushes the man to show them the way home.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
The man stares at Baer with his mouth wide open while she smiles, then laughs loudly. "Hahaha! Yateethashiny! *hiccup*"

"Hmm... nonono... *hiccup* Noho... nohoooo... No... *hiccup* home yet..." The man shakes his head violently.

All of a sudden, he gives in. "Yawego... followme!"

The man starts leading the way, but soon trips over his own feet. For a moment it looks like he's not getting up again, but after a few seconds he gets back on his feet. "Folloooow meeee!"

Kwoon:
No, all 4 of them hold 1 weapon with which each of them makes 1 attack. 2 of them hold a dagger, and 2 of them hold a short sword.

Kwoon successfully trips one of the men who holds a sword, but is attacked by the other three.

Man 1, Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Man 2, Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Man 3, Short sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The three men who attack Kwoon are all unable to hit him.

And you're up again.

Mavor:
Blythe leaves Pooky with Mavor and goes to the kitchen. She returns with two glasses of water, finding Pooky curled up against Mavor. A smile shows on Blythe's face when she sees the small and vulnerable kitten likes the muscular half-orc.

"I don't make much as a waitress," Blythe says as she hands Mavor his glass, and sits down next to him and Pooky. "but it's enough to take care of Pooky and myself."

Blythe takes some sips from her glass and looks around her own room. "I've saved up a bit of money. It's for... well... I'd like be something else than waitress. Owning a shop, or perhaps starting with a market stand... I'd really like that."

"But enough about me!" Blythe says spontaneously. "What do you do for a living, Mavor?"


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & Allyph:
After giving Baer a short nod Allyph follows the man with her. "You think Niffa's his wife?" she asks Baer.

Allyph's quiet for some time, but can't keep her curiosity in. "You said... you've been in his position before... I mind mean to be rude by asking, but... was this after you were framed?"


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer & Allyph:
Allyph wrote:
"....you've been in his position before..."

Baer snorts out her snout nose, a harsh laugh.

"No, I mean 'drunk'! He's drunk and I've been there before...have you not?" Baer trails behind the drunkard, trying to keep him headed toward home and prevent him from falling into the muck or into a wall.

"Luckily for me, I just passed out in the tavern...no one disturbed me because, well, for whatever reason, no one likes to wake a sleeping half-orc. Haw!" Baer laughs again. The more astute would not that it was the first real laughter she had emitted since...since forever...

"I had people looking out for me then...and so I'm happy to guide this one home. Besides, he's a guard, he'll probably have a lot of work to do tomorrow."

Baer continues to follow.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor is startled by the question and looks a bit lost for words, something that doesn't happen to him all that often.

"Uhm.. well.. How do I put this..." He speaks up as he scratches his head with a free hand, the other is still busy petting Pooky.

"I'm what you might call a thief amongst thieves. I steal from the robbers and thugs that muscle out money from other people. If I come across them robbing I'll stomp them myself. I live on gratitude and stolen money, as it's basically the only talent I've known."

He looks to Blythe with a worried look and sighs.
"I don't steal from the poor or friendly, you've got nothing to worry about Blythe. I might be a ruffian or thug, but I have a sense of decency and honour. A weird sense perhaps." He concludes with a frowned look on his face.

"I'll leave if you ask it of me." Mavor takes a long sip of his drink and looks ready to stand up.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & Allyph:
"Ah," Allyph replies, slightly flushing red. "Sorry, I didn't mean to... You know..."

"But no, I've never been drunk. My mother and I fled our home town after my sorceress powers awakened. It was my fault we were kicked out of town, though I was just a kid back then. I accidentally zapped a bird with electricity when I pointed it out. The townspeople were scared to death."

Allyph smiles wryly as she continues to follow the drunk guard. "The Academae isn't very... fond... of sorcerers either. I couldn't risk doing something stupid. Not again. I'm still reluctant to show my powers in public, but there have been situations where I had no choice."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
The drunk guard leads Baer and Allyph to one of Korvosa's guard posts, instead of to his house. When you approach you see there's a small fight going on between some guards and a small mob of men. Though the four guards wear armor and have better weapons, the unarmored mob presses them with the force of eight men.

"Look! It's Watch Sergeant Soldado! He's returned to help us!" one of the guards yells, and points in the direction of Baer, Allyph, and the drunk guard.

"Hahaha!" the drunk guard responds, waving his hand at the guard who recognized him. "Watchadooooing? *hiccup*"

Watch Sergeant Soldado then collapses to the ground, and begins to snore.

I don't have a map for this encounter, but the layout is as I 'drew' below.
M = mob member, G = guard, S = Soldado, B = Baer, and A = Allyph.
All _ are empty squares. There are more empty squares east and west, but north is the guard station's wall.

_ M G _
_ M M G
M M G _
_ _ G _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ B A _

Mavor:
Blythe's expression was one of curiosity when she asked Mavor her question, and when Mavor answers Blythe's expression doesn't change. She quietly listens to Mavor, and when he's done talking she smiles at him. "So you beat up bad people, like the ones who harassed me earlier? How's that a bad thing?"

Blythe pulls up her legs, placing them on the couch as she wraps her arms around them. Her eyes move from Mavor's eyes to Pooky. "I can see you're a kind person, and your deed earlier confirms this."

She focuses her eyes on Mavor again. "It's true your lifestyle may be frowned upon by some, but I think you're not much different from the guards. You beat up bad people, and protect the innocent. Except you don't get a salary out of it, which is a shame."


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & Allyph:
Allyph watches the drunk guard, apparently a Watch Sergeant, drop to the ground. "Oh dear," she says, and her eyes nervously move from the Watch Sergeant to to other guards and the mob.

She drags a dagger and looks at Baer, trying to get a grasp on what the other woman's thinking.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

GM:

Sorry..

"Well, considering circumstances that was a good night sleep.
So sis....what's gotten you so riled up?
Yesterday's events?"


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Denario:
"She's been telling us over and over again how you've saved her," Denario's father replies, and the girl nods her head to confirm it.

"Will you go to your friends now, Den?" Emily asks. Both mister and misses Vasquez freeze for a moment, and Denario sees his mother's eyes dart toward the door.

Outside the noise of battle continues. The occasional mob passes through the street with loud yells. Denario's parents stay awkwardly quiet, and even Emily seems aware of this. She looks up at her brother and back to her parents, not sure what to say or do.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

I should stop drinking at night...my ability to read was totally off. My apologies, I was thinking they all got two attacks. Very sorry, but I blame drunken stupor as I was making a lot of pina coladas for me and my wife as summer comes to an end.

Kwoon gets a bit angry, doing a double kick to the prone man he tripped (since he didn't get up).

Kick 1 flurry with prone bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 4 = 20 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Kick 2 flurry with prone bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 4 = 21 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

"We can end this peaceably if you leave me alone. Otherwise you will find yourself injured for no profit. Please leave me alone, I do not have much to steal anyway."

Kwoon will take an AoO if the man decides to get up, which I will roll now to save you time.
Kick AoO: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 4 = 25 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor looks down at the ground for a few seconds, shaking his head. "You make it sound better than I actually am. I have stolen and lived by my own rules for a long time, salary isn't my thing. I'd prefer a trade, but distracting and stealing has been my life and talent up till now."

He sighs as he puts Pooky back on the couch, scratching his ears.

"Part of that life has ended this night." He looks to Blythe with a curious look followed by a frown.

"I'm wondering though why I'm telling you all this. It's not like you'd ask for a lifestory of a thug."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer & Allyph:

Baer is not one to back down from a fight...and while she is not totally sure why the mob is attacking guards, she has a tendency (at least not when serving as judge, jury, and execution in her own revengeful tirade) toward order. If she fights, she knows it is with the guards.

She turns to Allyph.

"I'm going to go make sure the Sergeant's friends don't get too hurt," Baer says. "Watch my back."

Baer, with her staff in two hands, moves up...and speaks to the lower most guard.

"The Sergeant wanted me to help out. I'm on your side."

Baer readies to smack a mob if they come too close.

Readied Action:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 to hit;
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage.

_ M G _
_ M M G
M M G _
_ _ G _
_B _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ A _


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
I seem to have some trouble counting till 8... I added 3 more to the mob so the number's correct.

M M M G
M M M G
M M G _
_ _ G _
_ B _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ A _

Not rolling initiative here: Baer, Allyph and the guards are up first. The mob moves next.

"Your help's appreciated!" the guard who spoke earlier replies to Baer. He looks at the Watch Sergeant for a moment. "I hope he's alright..."

While Baer readies an attack, the guard again focuses on the enemies in front of him. He attacks with a strike of his short sword, and the other guards do the same.

Guard 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Guard 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Confirm Crit, Guard 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Guard 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Guard 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

M M M G
M M X G
M M G _
_ _ G _
_ B _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ A _

Three of the guards focus on the same enemy, and he goes down (x). Another enemy (ooc colored) receives a nasty wound.

Allyph's up, and then it's the mob's turn.

Kwoon:
Can happen!

The man on the ground receives two kicks to his head. He tries to get up, and another kick hits him. "This man's nuts!" he yells, and steps back as the other three men continue to attack Kwoon.

You shouldn't have any more immediate actions left, so I'm rolling.

Man 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Man 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Man 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

One of the men stabs Kwoon in his shoulder with a dagger. The other two miss.

Overview
Man 1 (Dagger) -2HP
Man 2 (Dagger)
Man 3 (Short sword) -9HP & 5 feet out of reach
Man 4 (Short sword)

Kwoon's up again and has 3 HP left.

Mavor:
"Perhaps you're telling me, because it's something that bothers you?" Blythe asks Mavor. "People need to talk about what bothers them. Sometimes it's easier to do this with strangers."

Blythe's quiet for a moment, but decides to ask another question: "Do you ever talk about this sort of thing with family or friends?"


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & Allyph:
Allyph moves forward, taking a position just behind Baer. "I will!" she replies to Baer, letting Baer know she'll have her back.

They've taken one out already... please don't let them come too close...

M M M G
M M X G
M M G _
_ _ G _
_ B _ _
_ _ A _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
One of the men from the mob moves forward, taking the place of his fallen comrade. Another man moves in front of Baer, and immediately receives her attack.

"Why you...!" The man Baer hit directly attacks her with his own sword. Some of the other men continue to attack the guards.

Attack on Baer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The man who attacks Baer misses, and so do two of the other men. One of them manages to hit a guard, but inflicts just a minor wound.

Those in ooc color are wounded:

M M M G
_ M M G
_ M G _
_ M G _
_ B _ _
_ _ A _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

It's then the guards who attack again, and one more enemy goes down.

M M M G
_ M M G
_ X G _
_ M G _
_ B _ _
_ _ A _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _

Baer and Allyph are up.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

GM

Spoiler:

Denario takes a quick think on the matter.
"Well i was going to stake it out after work and the academy said they're expecting something one of these days. I have no count of missing work days, i'll try to avoid as much of this ruckuss as possible. With a little luck people will be too busy to take note of me."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Spoiler:

I know there is no map, but can he make a withdraw action? I don't know if it's going to cause another AoO or not without map. It's rather clear 4 on 1, I'm totally out of my league.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer & Allyph:

9 damage and he didn't fall?! Geez...they have more hp than Baer! No commoners these!

Baer slaps twice, her quarterstaff atwirl, at the Mob in front of her.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 to hit;
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage.

M M M G
_ M M G
_ X G _
_ M G _
_B _ _
_ _ A _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
"I'm an orphan, so no family. No real friends to speak of, just acquaintances. If you're a loner it's often better to get around in the low sides of Korvosa."

Mavor drinks the last bit of water out of his glass in one big gulp.
"Though I find I have much in common with most of the people struggling to scrape a living out there, you included Blythe."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
Nope, they aren't. Their AC isn't too impressive though, and you're not alone.

Baer misses once, but her second attack knocks the man in front of her out.

M M M G
_ M M G
_ X G _
_ X G _
_B _ _
_ _ A _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _

Allyph's up.

Denario:
Denario's mother walks up to him and hugs him. "You take care, okay? The streets are dangerous..."

His father then walks up to him, and hands him the [s]broom with dagger[/i] makeshift spear. "Here, you should have something to protect yourself."

"Take the pitchfork too!" Emily says, and thrusts it in Denario's hands. "You should wield one in each hand! People will run away, because they'll be scared!"

Kwoon:
The current situation is like below, where K = Kwoon, and each M = 1 of the men attacking Kwoon. _ is an empty square.

_ M _
M _ M
M K _

Kwoon can withdraw without provoking an AoO.

The book doesn't provide street maps, but I'll let you know I want maps for future encounters. I'm currently searching for a good map program.

Mavor:
"I'm sorry to hear that." Blythe lowers her feet to the ground and gives Mavor a quick hug, patting his back. "Don't give up. If you really want another life, I'm sure you'll be able to create it."

She lets go of Mavor and take Pooky, then brings the cat to a small basket. "It's sleepy time, you go to bed now," Blythe says to Pooky with a high voice.

Blythe disappears into another room and Mavor sees a small bed before the door closes. a moment later Blythe opens the door again, and brings several blankets to Mavor. "I don't mean to be rude, but I really need to go to bed now. If everything's calmed down tomorrow I'll have to work again. I'll be in my room if you need me. These blankets should keep you warm."

Before Blythe returns to her bedroom she gives Mavor an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I have only one bed. So you'll have to... well... sleep on the couch."


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & Allyph:
I shouldn't use magic near these guards... Or would they believe me if I'd say I'm a wizard? Not sure!

Allyph moves up next to Baer, and throws her dagger at the top left enemy.

Dagger (Thrown): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The dagger hits the wall of the guard station, and Allyph turns pale.

Bad choice! He's going to kill me now!

M M M G
_ M M G
_ X G _
_ X G _
A B _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
One of the men moves closer to the slightly wounded guard and attacks him. three others attack the other guards.

The man Allyph aimed for earlier turns toward her, and charges at her with his short sword high.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Attack, charge on Allyph: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Confirm Crit, charge on Allyph: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

None of the guards is wounded by the mob's attack, but Allyph receives a deep cut in her shoulder.

_ _ M G
_ M M G
_ M G _
M _ G _
A B _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The wounded guard steps forward and slashes at the man who attacked Allyph. The attack hits the man in his arm. (-6 on that one)

The other three guards focus their attacks on one enemy, and take him down.

_ _ M G
_ M X G
_ M G _
M G _ _
A B _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _

Baer and Allyph are up again. The ooc colored M has lost 6 HP.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer & Allyph:

Baer slugs the mob who charged Allyph.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 to hit;
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage.

"Be careful, Allyph! You might accidentally injure one of them."

_ _ M G
_ M M G
_ M G _
M _ G _
A B _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ S _ _
_ _ _ _


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

I do indeed wish to withdraw. This fight is too much for Kwoon. As for a decent map program, I have discovered using Excel whereby the cells are changed into square shapes can be helpful. I think there are some APs that have map folios, and just grabbing one from them might help, although I haven't done this yet it is an idea.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor grins as Blythe mentions sleeping on the couch. "No worries miss Blythe, I've had worse sleeping places. The couch will do just fine." He says as he accepts the blankets from Blythe.

He puts down his weapons on the floor and removes his leather armour before he makes sure there's a blanket between the couch and him. He turns to Blythe with the second blanket in his hands and his armour off.

"Good night to you and thank you for this hospitality."
After that he tucks himself in and goes into a reasonable sleep, actually much better than at his own shack.

Ready for the next day when you are.

301 to 350 of 5,727 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.