Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)


51 to 100 of 5,727 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer face reddens as Zellara tells her tale, her hands gripping her staff in anger. She nearly leaves right then and there to go to Pier 17, but notes that the half-orc, and maybe the chatty human might be helpful in her quest.

Baer gazes around the room.

"I would have my vengeance upon Lamm."

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Know (local) - location of Pier 17

Baer watches the first reading.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Growing frustrated with card banter, Hung Hei Kwoon tries to refocus the discussion. "You say he has eluded the law enforcement. How has he eluded them? Does he disappear with magic, or use a special escape route, or does he just beat them into submission? Knowing these things before we venture forth for our combined vengeance would be worthwhile, would it not? Maybe you should put that deck of cards to good use and learn the answers."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

"You've never experienced a harrowing right? Most harrowers can see what's been, what is and what's going to be, similar to the stories about Oracles. It's never a straight or clear answer as they can't see specifics themselves. Isn't that right Zellara?" He looks at Kwoon with a raised eyebrow.

"Not every brutish looking half-orc is a fool you know. I enjoy books from time to time. Suffice to say we've already got his hiding place, that's good enough for me to work with as I've been trying to find him myself and failed."

"Zellara if you still have time I'd like a taste of your skill at harrowing as well. You obviously already know more about me than most."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"As i've seen before with harrowings, us whose future is shown to the harrower can only speculate, but they come true in some way or another.
Thank you Zellara."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Answers that are not clear are not answers, just simply another form of pandering to get attention. It is like saying something is always in the last place you look. It's obviously true, since when you find it, you stop looking. I will go look for this Gaeden fellow where you say, but keep your silly card tricks away from me, as I am not impressed with your speculations from card pictures."

Hung Hei Kwoon stands up and walks to the door. "If you all are ready, I suggest we leave and investigate the location suggested."


"You're welcome, Denario. Both you and Mavor are correct. The cards don't tell me everything, but they tell me what matters most."

Zellara shakes the cards of her Harrow deck again, and lays nine cards face-down on the table. "Let's see what the cards reveal about Mavor," she says, and flips the cards over.

Mavor's Reading

Zellara gives Kwoon a quick glance, but returns her attention to the cards on the table. She points out the cards in the first column while explaining them: "The Rakshasa shows me you were once used, but its misaligned position means you came to realize this. The Trumpet reveals you went against, or did not fully cooperate with, the one or those who used you. Not any longer. But you didn't decide to leave, did you? You stayed, and waded into the direst situations without hesitation. The Inquisitor shows me that's where it went wrong. You were dealing with a person who would not change. A person you couldn't fool or sway. You were heading for disaster, and met it."

"The Crows signify vile acts, but it is misaligned," Zellara explains as she moves to point out the card in the middle column. "In the present your skills, though vile by nature, can be used for a just cause. The Tyrant is in a strong position, and shows me there's a strong force that wishes you harm. My guess is that it's the same force that brought you disaster in your past. But don't despair! The Juggler reveals that, if you can keep up your current rhythm, you're heading for your goal."

Zellara's face turns slightly pale while she sees the first card in the last column."Now for the future... The Uprising! It's your card! On its own The Uprising represents you will be caught in the clutches of something more powerful than you. It's an overwhelming strength that often crushes what comes into contact with it. The crown held high signifies a leader of some sort will be overthrown... For this card to appear in the spread... You'll face a force that's much stronger than you."

She pauses for a second, rubbing her temples before she continues with the last column: "The Empty Throne reveals there's an important lesson for you to learn, if only you choose to listen. But... The Idiot is in a strong position. Be careful, Mavor. If you don't choose to listen the loss you dignity may very well precede the loss of your life."

Mavor gains 3 Harrow Points.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario shrugs at Zellara.
"Belief comes with experience Zellara. I'm no harrower, but i don't dismiss the mystery around them."

Subconsiously he had his own playing deck in hand, flawlessly launching the deck's cards into the other in a rapid motion.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Allyph nods her head in agreement to Denario. "It's wise to not dismiss powers you're less experienced with."

"Could you also give me a reading, Zellara? Every bit of information we have could help us."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer, intrigued, seeks her own reading.

"Tell me, human, will I taste vengeance should I aid you in this? Will I split Lamm's head with my 'staff?"

p.s. GM, see Baer's knowledge roll above.


"Of course." Zellara shakes her cards again, and places nine cards on the table. "Let me start with Allyph's, I'll do Baer's next."

"Let us see what they reveal," she says as she flips them over.

Allyph's Reading

Zellara looks at the first column, and points out The Courtesan. "Here is your card, The Courtesan, denoting a woman of power. But in this position, and combined with The Bear, it shows a confrontation with a powerful force that did not got as planed. The Fiend is misaligned and shows you were able to escape calamity."

She continues to the middle column. "The ghosts of the past, she indicates The Empty Throne, "must be avenged and disaster, continuing to The Avalanche, "must be diverted. The Rakshasa is normally a card of domination and slavery, or another force that uses you, but in this position shows you are capable of overthrowing evil forces.

"How will you achieve your goals?" Zellara asks as she considers the remaining cards. "The Inquisitor in the negative position shows that a head-on confirmation will not be successful. Instead, you will need to travel a more difficult path, she indicates The Dessert, to restore order, finishing her reading with The Dance.

Allyph gains 3 Harrow Points.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer:
You know the location of the old fishery at Pier 17. You also know its previous owner died when a devilfish attacked his boat.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor frowns as his future doesn't seem all too colourful, dangerous even. So we might overthrow Gaedren, but I'll need to learn a lesson or face humily and perhaps death? Hmm... Perhaps it's not even Gaedren the cards are seeing in the future.

"My thanks Zellara, you've given me quite something to ponder about. As well as described me perfectly to the others." He says before she begins with Allyph's harrowing.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Hung Hei Kwoon leaves while they play with cards to go to the location. He's not going to sit around.


"Now for Baer's reading." Zelara shakes the cards again, places nine cards on the table, and flips them over.

Baer's Reading

Zellara, like before, starts with the first column: "The Twin... It's a card that makes me wary, as it might indicate a hidden meaning in this spread of cards. I'll have to interpret this spread with more care... The Twin itself indicates indecision. Perhaps this has to do with The Mountain Man, which shows me you faced a force out of your control. Something happened, and you were forced to take walk another way. The needle The Owl holds reveals that your life was picked apart in an instant."

"The Avalanche is misaligned," Zellara says as she continues with the middle column. "You have a chance to avert further calamity, but it may not be without consequence. The Locksmith shows me you now have the tools needed to proceed. Though you should be aware this doesn't mean you know how to use the tools. I see a union between parties in The Marriage. This probably indicates the five of you coming here. This union indicates new power and has the potential to bring forth permanent change."

Zellara then proceeds to the last column: "The Rakshasa, again. And again it is misaligned. Its position in your future shows me you'll obtain information that will enable you to cease a form of enslavement, or another kind of oppression. The Sickness... This card represents plague, pestilence, famine, disease... When I look at The Peacock, which signifies a sudden shift in societal change, I worry that The Sickness indicates a large scale disaster. Perhaps this disaster indicated by The Sickness is the oppression The Rakshasa shows? This would mean you'll be able to make it cease."

Baer gains 4 Harrow Points.

As Zellara gathers her cards she gives a quick nod into the direction of the door. "Your new friend is impatient. Keep in mind the union I spoke of in Baer's reading... and the change Denario could bring, but not on his own... The cards are clear: you will have to work together, or you will fail."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

While the reading is going on, Baer sniffs at the cards as if not sure if the cards are edible or going to attack her. In the end, she sits somewhat patiently throughout the reading.

At the end Baer nods, thankful for the experience.

"I share present you the limb of your choice from Lamm in exchange of his gift. What part would you like to carry around your neck for all time?"


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario smiles.

"I hear fingers or ears in quantity make decent necklaces.
But that's just hear-say about troll warriors."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor looks to Zellara as she mentions an impatient new friend, then looks to the opened door and walks otuside and takes a look around. He pokes his head inside again after seeing no sign of the monk.

"Yes it seems he has gone off already, hopefully he's not foolish enough to try and take out Lamm alone. He's sure to have a few henchmen about the place."

"There is a saying; Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. In your case it's bones or limbs Baer, but I doubt miss Zellara here has the same tastes. I won't deny you any keepsakes though, but let us first take care of him shall we?"


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"I'm plenty in favor of that. I'm set when you are."


Zellara cringes. "I'll.. pass on the limb... I don't like detached body parts..."

When all of you exit her house Zellara waves you off. "Take care!"


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

The map of Korvosa, on top of the thread, shows this distance from Zellara's house to the old fishery. It's just a few blocks. Keep in mind the sun's set and the streets are just dimly lit.

There's a map for the old fishery below my name. You all know how Ditzie works. So decide from which side you want to approach, and just post a map when moving close to the fishery.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"Guys?" Allyph whispers as she follows the others to the old fishery. "It's pretty dark here, but I could summon lights... or wouldn't that be a good idea?"

Allyph points in front of her. "Hey, is that Kwoon over there?"

The silhouette Allyph sees is too far away for Denario to tell if it's Kwoon or isn't, but Baer and Mavor would be able to answer the question.

Let's say we run into each other again, for convenience's sake.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Good thing Mavor (and probably Baer too) has darkvision. Also you have me twice in the Ditzie Map GM, I guess one of those had to be Baer.

"So how do we want to approach this? I'm not one for barging in there, but if I have to I will. Any thoughts?" He asks the assembled group of four (probably) with which he is travelling to the fishery.

"South or West?"


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"South would mean we'd be walking the piers, who knows how much it creacks. We could get shoved off if caught off guard. I'm up for the west side approach, which means from the city streets."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer thanks Zellara as she moves to go to Westpier 17, knowing the route from her previous stompings day's walks.

First I shall club him senseless, then I will kill him.
No, first kill him, then club him mercilessly.
No...a slow death of a 1000 clubbings.

Baer walks with purpose, somewhat comforted by the others, especially the Halfblood.

When she gets to the pier 17, she looks at it for a while, taking in every detail.

Take 20 Perception = 24.

If nothing else occurs to her, she will place herself at the front door, for better to bash it in and slay Lamm. It will all be so easy.

Updated Map.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

A1. Front Door

The reek of brine and the stink of week-dead fish hang thickly in the air here. The old double doors in the side of this weathered building are tightly closed, with a drooping signpost hanging above. The sign it once displayed is long gone, leaving behind only a single short length of rusted chain.

When Baer approaches the door she hears barking from behind the doors. It doesn't take long before several male voices can be heard shouting:

"What's going on?!"

"Like I'd know! Someone's out there, maybe?"


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 1 = 4
Mavor moves up to the other side of the door, not as quietly as he thought he would be and then motions to Baer, putting a finger on his lips. He holds his greataxe up high for when the door next to him opens up.

Readied Attack for when one decides to check out who or what's scuffling around outside.

Mavor tries to listen in if he hears more inside besides the two voices.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Map


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario stands besides Mavor.

Readied action: Daze on the 1st humanoid that steps outside. DC13 will


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Allyph also approaches, but keeps her distance from the door.

Updated Map Denario, is this your intended position?


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

The way you're saying it almost suggests i'm in for something by standing there. But yes, seems i forgot to save the link.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

The curtains of the window next to Baer open, and a sour-faced man with short blond hair looks at Baer. "What do you want? We're closed at night, come back tomorrow!"

The man has the curtains pulled tightly around his face, and it’s not possible to catch a glimpse of the interior of the building.

@Denario: Was just confirming it ;)


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor lowers his axe as to not appear as threatening if the man decides to look further out the window.

Then he speaks up as the man asks them what they're doing here, he speaks rather fast actually.
"Well we've actually come here for some 'fish' if you know what I mean. Down in old Korvosa word has it your 'fish' are the best in town and we would like to make an exchange of sorts. Four or five to one or an exchange concerning monetary values. You know if your boss is interested in such a trade? If you don't know, care to let us in? We don't want to draw attention of the guards or noisy people standing out here."
Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

"Yeah, give us some fish, human."

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1 Bluff to aid

"And be quick."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"Oh... okay..." the man replies, "but you'll have to come back tomorrow. We're closed now. The 'fish' and I are trying to sleep. Got it?"

Perception DC 15:
"He's lying, fool!"

A look of surprise shows on the man's face, but he quickly recovers. "So, uh, go away now."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Doesn't that mean a sense motive?

Sense motive/perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

"This doesn't sound logical to me."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

lol Baer didn't understand the subtlety that Mavor wanted to maintain.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Mavor looks as Baer and shakes his head.
"Forgive my friend here, she thought we were really out to get fish in the middle of the night. I was asked to discuss terms tonight, I know it's late but my boss put pressure on me. I figure you know how that goes right? Cut me some slack and at least let us in to talk so I can report back and not get my ass handed to me on a silver platter."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Perception

"No, want fish. Gimme fish."

Is the man armed?


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Not yet, save for with caution


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Denario: Nope, but I can understand why you'd think so. If you were allowed to read the spoiler it may make more sense why it was Perception.

@Baer: The man's head is all you see. He's got the curtains pulled tightly around his head so you can't see more.

The man's reply to Mavor and Baer isn't very friendly: "No. No fish tonight! Your problem isn't mine. Leave!"


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Allyph takes some distance from the others so she's out of hearing range for those inside. She points a finger at the others, and casts message to talk with them.

"There's someone with him," Allyph informs the others, "I heard him whisper Mavor's lying."

Updated Map


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

So is his head sticking out?

Hmm if they don't want to listen to any reason, perhaps I can crash us a way in. He looks to Baer with a meaningful look.

"We could get our fish a different way then. You up for that?" He shrugs as he says so, but his look says everything. "Shall we use brute force"


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Lying of course. 100% people affiliated with the guy lie.

Aid Mavor: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
"If the man doesn't want to make a profit, let him be."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

"But I want fish!" Baer says insistently.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Intimidate

Baer sputters her words, letting her anger make her incoherent.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
"Let's go, i hear a new player's in town, one that does similar business. Maybe she'd be interested in making a profit off these exotics, if he doesn't, she will."

He gives a meaningful look to Mavor and the others.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Mavor: The window's closed, if that's what you want to know. Let's say this is the window, except there are curtains on the inside and the surrounding walls are made of wood. The man's on the other side of the window, and has the curtains pulled tightly around his head. You only see 2 things on the other side of the window: the man's head, and the curtains surrounding his head.

"You're a weird bunch, you know that?" the man says. He continues to watch you, obviously not trusting you.

He frowns for a moment when Denario mentions a new player, but that's all the reaction you get out of him.

I'm pausing the game for a moment. I want to know what Kwoon's doing before we proceed.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

For Kwoon, or anyone else who plans to go there:

A3. Back Alley:
A slippery boardwalk clings to the side of the fishery, held together by barnacle-thick pilings that have been worn halfway through their thickness at the waterline.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Since your map indicates that I'm only now arriving on scene, I will not examine your spoiler.

Hung Hei Kwoon is surprised to see the folks from the prior meeting at the location. How in the world did they pass me? They are very fast indeed. Probably part of that foul magic, or my new sickness, or both.

Walking up to the people at the dock, he says, "So, we meet again. I didn't see you pass me on the way here. You are all very fast. Have you gone inside?"

GM MAP


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario steps away, as if to put an accent on his previous words.
Bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17
"Who knows, she might even become top dog in this city. If she does, i'll be right there making a profit."

As he's near Kwoon
"No we haven't. When we were close to a window some ugly looking blonde dude popped his head through the window. Mavor bluffed about trading "wares", but our half-elf friend Allyph said someone was whispering. I'm hoping they're taking bait now that i suggested there's a newcomer in the city in the same business."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Trying to get answers with lies? Interesting. While you try that approach, I will investigate." Hung Hei Kwoon will wander around the side of the fishery.

NEW MAP

I will be afk a few hours, so I will roll perception now.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"You think I'm dumb enough to fall for your lie, while I saw through it when you started it?" the man asks Denario, "I stopped trusting you the moment he I first noticed you lied."

"I'd appreciate it if you could just... bugger of or something."

Please don't read:
Allyph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Baer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Denario: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Kwoon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Mavor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Bloo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Giggles: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Hookshanks: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Yargin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Kwoon:
A3. Back Alley

A slippery boardwalk clings to the side of the fishery, held together by barnacle-thick pilings that have been worn halfway through their thickness at the waterline.

While you move onto the boardwalk the door in the fishery's Southern wall opens, and a male gnome sneaks out. You notice each other at the exact same moment, which is when standing directly in front of each other.

The light from within the fishery provides enough light for you to clearly see. The gnome holds a kukri in one of his hands, and before you can even react he swings it at you.

Kukri: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

However, he misses horribly and hits the wall of the fishery instead.

Again, please don't read:
Allyph: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Baer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Denario: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Mavor: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

B: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
G: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Y: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

All of you hear a soft thud from around the corner, where Kwoon went. The only one who didn't seem to notice it is the man behind the window, who continues to glare at you. The dog behind the double doors starts to bark louder.

Turn progression - round 1:
H
Denario
Allyph
Kwoon
Baer
Mavor

Combat started around the corner. Those in bold are all up, and may move in any order.

The map's updated! If you pass the corner you'll see the door close to Kwoon is open. There's light inside the fishery and the stars show how far it reaches. If you got a clear line of sight on the enemy, meaning Kwoon's not blocking your view, please read the following spoiler:

Clear line of sight on enemy:
It's a male gnome, and he holds a kukri in one of his hands.

51 to 100 of 5,727 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.