Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)


401 to 450 of 5,727 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

The others inform Kwoon of their plan to sell the loot from yesterday evening, and split the gold gained from it. It doesn't take much longer before the party leaves Zellara's house and heads for the stores together. You nearly run into a mob of about twenty angry men, but are able to find another route to the store where you want to sell your loot.

As some members of the party may know, a student at the Acadamae is required to undertake several dangerous steps in order to graduate—one of which is the summoning and bonding of an imp. Many students opt to take imps as familiars, but just as many fail and let those imps get loose. As a result, imps are a constant problem in Korvosa. Nests of them lurk in the eaves of the city’s Shingles in packs, often attempting to ally with or manipulate city gangs.

Fortunately, the indigenous pseudo dragon population, creatures who dwelt in the region before Korvosa was founded and adapted readily to the city’s advent, are quite adept at keeping Korvosa’s imp population under control. Two or three times a year, the imps and pseudo dragons take to flight in the skies above Korvosa and engage in mass battles, and the recent events trigger more of the same.

Unfortunately, it's currently that time of the year. You hear several cackles in the air above you. A flight of four imps swoops down to attack you, seeing you as possible easy targets for gold and mayhem.

Initiative:
Allyph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Baer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Denario: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Kwoon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Mavor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Imps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Turn progression - round 1:
Kwoon
Imps
Mavor
Denario
Baer
Allyph

Kwoon's up! There's a new map below my name.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)
Mavor Asku wrote:
" So it's quite possible my father was an orc, but I can't be certain."

Baer's brow raises as she hears something that she would never consider...not knowing one's heritage across racial lines.

She says nothing, lest her new understanding cause embarrassment to herself or Mavor. She seems delighted when Kwoon walks in, not just for the chance to move on, but also as an escape from the conversation.

"Excellent. We can move on again now that Ennui is here," Baer gathers her things.

"You're late; let's get to selling the remains from Lamm."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Previously...

Mavor Asku wrote:
"Look what the cat dragged back in. Looks like we all had the same idea to return here, one way or another."

Hung Hei Kwoon bows. "I was lucky enough for Jovalson, the kid I was hired to save, overheard you speaking that you would return here the next day. My former employer ordered that I give you part of the reward for saving him." Hung Hei Kwoon pays each of you 28 gold pieces. "I know it isn't a lot, but it was all I could acquire from him. He must not have valued his son that much."

Hung Hei Kwoon doesn't want any of the loot found at the previous location, since we didn't have any formal agreement about loot or his right to any of it. However, Hung Hei Kwoon will agree in the future to assist folks for a fair share.

NOW

Hung Hei Kwoon is rather not surprised by being attacked in the street, it's becoming a common occurrence. As such, he immediately double kicks the flying imp in front of him.

Attack:

Kick Attack 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Kick Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Kwoon's first kick hits the imp in front of him, but the small devil takes no damage from the attack.

"Khahaha!" the devils laugh, and attack the party with nasty and poisonous stings. The only one who's not targeted is Baer.

Attacks:
Sting (Allyph): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Sting (Denario): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Sting (Kwoon): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Sting (Mavor): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Kwoon and Mavor dodge the imps' stings, but Allyph and Denario are hit. The imps' poison spreads in their veins and both of them feel their legs wobble.

Turn progression - round 1:
Kwoon
Imps
Mavor
Denario 8/10 HP & -1 Dex
Baer
Allyph 4/7 HP & -2 Dex

Turn progression - round 2:
Kwoon
Imps
Mavor
Denario 8/10 HP & -1 Dex
Baer
Allyph 4/7 HP & -2 Dex

Everyone's up before the imps are up again.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Why you little.."

Denario goes total defense.
That's some high attack bonus these imps are getting.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Round 1

Baer steps around the imp targeting Mavor, flanking, and hoping to take of them down quickly. She grips her 'staff in two hands.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Round 1
Mavor grins and slams the his greataxe from his shoulder into its little body.

Attack, Power attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 3 = 10

And misses as the axe comes in too slow that the imps could dodge it.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

I forgot imps are tiny. Because tiny creatures have to move into their opponents' square to attack, they each provoke an AoO. I think the only ones who are constantly armed are Kwoon (as he's a monk), and Baer (who I think walks with her staff in her hand).

So I'm slightly adjusting the map, and rolling for Kwoon's AoO against the imp that attacked him.

Kwoon, AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Before the imp was able to attack Kwoon it received a kick against its head. Despite the attack connecting to the imp it fails to do any damage.

BACK TO THE PRESENT

While Denario goes into total defense, Baer moves to flank the tiny imp next to Mavor. She swings her staff at it, but misses.

Mavor also attacks the imp, but despite flanking it with Baer he misses the imp.

Turn progression - round 1:
Kwoon
Imps
Mavor
Denario 8/10 HP & -1 Dex
Baer
Allyph 4/7 HP & -2 Dex

Turn progression - round 2:
Kwoon
Imps
Mavor
Denario 8/10 HP & -1 Dex
Baer
Allyph 4/7 HP & -2 Dex

The map's updated. Allyph and Kwoon are up.

@Baer: Could you please update the map next time you move?


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"These little guys are tough, I'll try to put them on the ground so you can crush them."

Hung Hei Kwoon will take a non-provoking 5' step to the NW, and attempt to trip the imp between Mavor and Baer.

Trip Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

NEW MAP.

I believe if the Imp stands up, Mavor should get the AoO with the prone +4 to hit bonus. At least that's my strategy for right now as I am highly unlikely to damage the imp.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Kwoon: The imps did swoop down on you, but they didn't land after doing so. They're still flying.

You may retcon.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Thanks. That's even more frustrating! However, my character after three successful hits knows he isn't damaging them. So, I believe my character will still take a 5' step where he went but instead he will do an aid another for Mavor, selecting the +2 bonus to his attack as my option. Do I need to roll again? If so, I will do it below.

Aid Mavor to attack: 1d20 ⇒ 16

NEW MAP


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)
StephNyan wrote:
@Baer: Could you please update the map next time you move?

Doy! Of course. I completely forgot we had maps in this game. Silly me. Thx for the reminder.

Round 2

Baer aims again at the imp in Mavor's face and lets loose with her staff.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Actually Mavor is continually armed as well, he constantly keeps his greataxe on his shoulder, his way of avoiding any trouble.

Depending on what the imps do
Round 2
Mavor attacks the imp before him again, now comfortable in knowing that he's got the support of Baer and Kwoon beside him.

Attack, Power Attack, Flank, Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 91d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13 Dooh, I should stop rolling ones


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Allyph takes a 5-foot step south and points her finger at the imp that attacked her.

Elemental Ray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Electricity damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

A ray of electricity hits the airborne imp.

Updated Map


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Round 2

Denario takes a 5ft step north and takes total defense again.
Damn these critters, of all times to have them.

Map


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Mavor: Okay, I'll add the AoO for Mavor as well.

Attack, Power attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 3 = 11

Mavor tried to hit the imp as it first attacked him, but missed.

--- END OF ROUND 1 ---

Allyph moves away from the imp that attacked her and hits it a ray of electricity.

New Fort saves for those poisoned:
Allyph, Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Denario, Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

Denario's cured from the poison on his turn, but Allyph feels the poison's still affecting her. (-2 Dex)

--- ROUND 2 ---

Kwoon moves into position, and prepares to aid Mavor in his attack.

The imp that's hit by Allyph's attack heals a bit again, and moves up close to her again. The imp that attacked Kwoon earlier moves back for him, and Kwoon swings a fist at it.

Kwoon, AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Kwoon's fist hits the imp, but inflicts just a minor bruise. All four imps attack again.

Imp attacks:
Sting (Allyph): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Confirm crit on Allyph: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Sting (Denario): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Confirm crit on Denario: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Sting (Mavor): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Allyph's hit by the imp's sting again. Despite finally resisting it's poison the half-elf's about to drop.

Denario also takes another hit from the imp, but he's poisoned again. The loss of dexterity is now clearly affecting him.

Mavor also takes quite a hit, though he resists the poison.

Turn progression - round 2:
Kwoon
Imp (Blue) -4HP
Imp (Green)
Imp (Pink) -1HP
Imp (Red)
Mavor 8/12HP
Denario 3/10 HP & -3 Dex
Baer
Allyph 1/7 HP & -4 Dex

Kwoon has the option to use the immediate action Redirect. I'd like to keep things as chronological as possible, which is why I'm pausing the game at this point. (Despite I forgot when the imps attacked first, pardon.)

As soon as Kwoon's declared if he wishes, or doesn't wish, to use this ability I'll roll the imp's attacks.

The map's updated.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Rolls eyes with a smirk.
Total defense and the imp rolls a nat 20.....
I wish i had prepared invisibility.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

For some reason, as a GM, my rolls are very often good. It's not always something I'm happy about: one party's currently facing a TPK, because I hit with 90% of my rolls while they hit with... 40%, maybe? :S

They still have a chance though, and I'm always rooting for the party :)


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Yeah...i'm running a siege and not having such a ratio.
BTw, how come those critters have a +8 on their attacks?
On lvl 1 characters that's quite deadly.

Quickly Denario calls up.
"No need to stay here, no shame in doubletime out of here instead of standing being stung to death."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Since I can't trip him, only reposition, I'll pass on my immediate ability for this encounter. Damage resistance, high attack bonus, can't be tripped, poison attack....getting the sense that we need a strategy.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Sting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Kwoon decides to pass on his ability and takes the imp's attack. The imp's sting hits him, and Kwoon takes some normal and dexterity damage.

A multitude of sharp voices ring inside the heads of the party members:
They're our prey! We eat them! You don't hurt us, we don't hurt you!

Attack rolls:
AD vs RI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

BD vs PI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

GD vs BI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

PD vs GI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

RD vs RI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

YD vs PI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Half a dozen small dragons swoop from the sky and join the party in their fight against the imps. The pseudodragons try to attack the imps with stings from their tails. Three of the stings hit, but all fail to do physical damage to the imps. Then, suddenly, one of the imps drops to the ground and starts snoring.

Turn progression - round 2:
Kwoon 9/11 HP & -1 Dex (Poisoned)
Imp (Blue) -4HP
Imp (Green)
Imp (Pink) -1HP & Asleep
Imp (Red)
Pseudodragon (Azure)
Pseudodragon (Blue)
Pseudodragon (Green)
Pseudodragon (Pink)
Pseudodragon (Red)
Pseudodragon (Yellow)
Mavor 8/12HP
Denario 3/10 HP & -3 Dex (Poisoned)
Baer
Allyph 1/7 HP & -4 Dex

Turn progression - round 3:
Kwoon 9/11 HP & -1 Dex (Poisoned)
Imp (Blue) -4HP
Imp (Green)
Imp (Pink) -1HP & Asleep
Imp (Red)
Pseudodragon (Azure)
Pseudodragon (Blue)
Pseudodragon (Green)
Pseudodragon (Pink)
Pseudodragon (Red)
Pseudodragon (Yellow)
Mavor 8/12HP
Denario 3/10 HP & -3 Dex (Poisoned)
Baer
Allyph 1/7 HP & -4 Dex

Those in bold, meaning everyone in the party, may act before the imps are up against. The map's updated.

Denario and Kwoon will have to make a new DC 13 Fort save on their turns, or take 1d2 Dex damage.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

(My fortitude save is +5. I've adjusted my stats above for the -1 Dex penalty and damage).

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Hung Hei Kwoon isn't sure about imps, pseudodragons, or any of this funky monkey stuff, so he will continue to try to Aid Another for Mavor. (Selecting the +2 to attack bonus again.)

Aid Another for Mavor: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Hung Hei Kwoon will then take another 5' step North.

UPDATED MAP


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Round 2

Baer attacks the imp in Mavor's face.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.

"I'm going to wring their necks...if I can catch them!" Baer begins to rage.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Not sure if I'm still flanking with Baer of ir I need to reposition to get the flank again.

Mavor attacks the imp before him again, obviously frustrated by the little critters and his inability to hit them with his axe.

Attack, Power Attack, Flank?: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 81d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19 If I got no flank remove the +2 bonus to attack Dooh again


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Baer might know, but to those who don't, it's "that" time of the year.
Imp, discarded apprentice familiars are on the loose, these little pseudo dragons combat them every time."

Total defense


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"Eek, go away!"

Allyph moves 5 feet away from the imp and pseudodragon, and shoots another ray at the imp.

Elemental Ray: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 4 = 15 Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Updated Map


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

--- Concluding round 2: ---

Rolling for Denario:
DC 13 Fort save, round 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The poison in Denario's veins stops affecting him.

@Mavor: You're still flanking. I just repositioned the pictures a bit, because it was getting crowded in some squares.

Baer, Mavor and Allyph each attack the imps, but all miss. (Kwoon's first aid is used here.) Denario continues to focus on his defense.

--- Round 3: ---

The poison stops affecting Kwoon, who prepares to aid Mavor in his next attack. The attempt to aid again is unsuccessful.

Imp attacks:
BI vs GD, Sting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

GI vs PD, Sting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

RI vs RD, Sting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

RI vs RD, Confirm crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2

"No, you follow us! We kill you now!" an imp yells at the small dragons, and the imps focus their attacks on the newest threats. One pseudodragon receives a small wound. Another dragon is hurt pretty bad, and poisoned.

While the imps move to attack you see the wound on the one that's wounded close a bit further. The imp that's asleep heals completely.

Pseudodragon attacks:
AD vs RI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

BD vs BI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

BD vs BI, confirm crit: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

GD vs BI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

PD vs GI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

RD vs RI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

YD vs GD, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

The poisoned pseudodragon is cured from the poison pretty fast, and the dragons reposition themselves. The dragons then attack the imps 2 versus 1 and even make use of flanking.

Only one imp is actually hit by a dragon's attack, the one that attacked Allyph. The imp isn't wounded physically, but still drops to the ground.

Turn progression - round 3:
~
~
Mavor 8/12HP
Denario 3/10 HP & -3 Dex
Baer
Allyph 1/7 HP & -4 Dex

Turn progression - round 4:
Kwoon 9/11 HP & -1 Dex
Imp (Blue) -2HP & Asleep
Imp (Green)
Imp (Pink) Asleep
Imp (Red)
Pseudodragon (Azure)
Pseudodragon (Blue)
Pseudodragon (Green) -3HP
Pseudodragon (Pink)
Pseudodragon (Red) -6HP & -3 Dex
Pseudodragon (Yellow)
Mavor 8/12HP
Denario 3/10 HP & -3 Dex
Baer
Allyph 1/7 HP & -4 Dex

Everyone's up again before the imps are. The map's updated.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

This is a fuss, drawing a weapon provokes AoO

5ft step and total defense.

Map


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Walking the streets is just crazy."

Hung Hei Kwoon will continue to help the poor orc try to hit the enemy for a change with Aid Another yet again. Hung Hei Kwoon stops moving.(Dude, stop rolling a d4 to hit! Haha)

Aid Another for Mavor +2 to Hit: 1d20 ⇒ 16

No change in map.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Drawing a weapon doesn't provoke an AoO Denario.

Mavor tries one again to hit the imp before him, getting wroked up over that he couldn't hit the damn bugger.

Attack, Power Attack, Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 161d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 = 14

"Kill the ones that are down on the ground! Take advantage!" He shouts to the others.

If this killed the imp, otherwise Mavor stays in this position.

Mavor moves 5 feet away and now helps in flanking with the pseudodragons.

New Map


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM & Mavor:

I believe Mavor should also add the +2 bonus from Aid Another I provided, giving him an 18 to hit total. Just to be sure, or Mavor might update/edit his post later, but as of now it doesn't seem to include it.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)
Mavor Asku wrote:
Drawing a weapon doesn't provoke an AoO Denario.

+1. Draw away...unless the weapon is stored in your backpack or something.

Round 3

Baer continues her assault on the wind...or the imp that Mavor hit, if she can hit something.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19 to hit;
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Allyph circles the fight and ends up next to Denario, where she aims her finger at the imp the was attacking Denario earlier. (Green one)

Elemental Ray: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 4 = 0 Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

She's a bit too hasty with her aim, and shoots her ray at the clouds.

Updated Map


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Denario: Plus imps have a reach of 0, which is why they enter your square to attack. So once you're outside their square you're out of AoO danger anyway :)

--- Concluding round 3: ---

Denario steps away and continues his total defense.

Mavor swings his greataxe at the same imp again, and just barely misses it. So he stays where he is.

Baer manages to hit her target, but her attack doesn't damage the tiny devil.

Allyph changes position, and manages to zap some random flies.

--- Round 4: ---

Kwoon successfully prepares to aid Mavor in his next attack.

Imps:
GI vs YD, Sting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

GI vs YD, Confirm crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 2

RI vs AD, Sting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Dex damage from poison: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The only imp that's injured heals completely from its wounds, but it's still asleep. The two imps that are awake attack the mini dragons again. Both pseudodragons that are attacked are hit and poisoned.

Pseudodragons:
AD, Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Dex damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2
YD, Fort against poison (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

AD vs RI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 13 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

BD vs RI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

BD vs RI, confirm crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

GD vs GI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

PD vs GI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

RD vs RI, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 15 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

YD vs GD, Sting: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 12 Damage: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Fort DC14 to resist poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

One of the poisoned dragons resists the potion, the other shows signs of weakening. The dragons reposition, and attack the imps again. The remaining two imps also drop to the ground, asleep.

Combat's over!

Kwoon & Mavor:
Kwoon's round 3 aid flunked, and that's the one that applied to Mavor's round 3 attack. Kwoon's round 4 aid was successful, and would have applied to Mavor's round 4 attack.

The voices of the pseudodragons sound inside the heads of the party members again:
Thank you for helping us! We'll share with you!

The dragons tear the sleeping imps apart. They leave one and a half dead imps behind, and fly off with what remains of the rest.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario sighs.

"Of all times....
Anybody in need to vent some frustration?"
, as he looks down on the imp.
"once it wakes up it'll continue attacking civilians."


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"I don't think that's necessary, really." Allyph takes some steps away from the torn up remains.

"The dragons tear the sleeping imps apart."

"Shall we, uhh, continue?"


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

"Yes please, I'd like to forget about my failure to hit these annoying critters."

Mavor says, but he still looks at the Imps and their possible belongings if any that lay strewn across the ground.

"Anyone in need of healing?" He asks as he looks to the others, "I'm still alive, but some of you look pretty wounded."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Now that you mention, Allyph and i could use some."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

"In that case, this little thing should go to the lady of our group."
Mavor says as he seemingly nonchanlant, tosses a flask towards Allyph.

If she drinks it
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He then walks along whistling as the group heads out again.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"Thanks Mavor!" Allyph catches the flask and drinks its contents gratefully.

She then continues to walk toward the shop with the others, happy to part with the remains of the imps.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer looks at her staff in amazement, wondering if it was broken and testing it on the ground a few times.

"I barely hurt the thing...if at all! I wonder if I should swing harder. Next time..." Baer sulks, but happy that the battle is over.

After the healing is done, she is ready to move along.

"Let's go. These streets are clearly not safe."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"I've been on these streets for two days, and I've been attacked each time by an angry mob of something. I don't know what in the world that stuff was, but I need to get off these streets. I'm currently unemployed and homeless. So while you do whatever you need to do, I need to find a place to reside then to look for employment. After my last job, I have a REVISED WRITTEN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT ready to go."

Hung Hei Kwoon will search the market area for a decent location to rent/lease.

(or "to let" depending upon your language preference) He's willing to spend 10g per month, thus putting him near the "common" cost for lodging, although he isn't looking for an "inn", he's looking for an actual apartment to live in. He's looking for anything that wasn't inhabited by a creepy ghost. If the group wants to "hire" Hung Hei Kwoon, the employment contract linked above can be used.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Waiting for Denario or Mavor to post. If they don't, let's move along to the selling of the goods.

Baer examines her quaterstaff for signs of wear.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario looks at the items the group's got for selling
Going over weither he needs something or not.

"There's nothing i fancy among these items.
Let's sell what we don't need and get to our next stop, whereever that may be."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Could you adjust the info bar below your names to reflect the new info, if you haven't done so yet? :)

The party arrives in a street filled with several stores. Most of them are closed, have the windows shut, and probably the doors barred. The store you're headed for is a rather large one, and has four private guards near the front door.

"Wow, you guys look bad," one of the guards says to the party. "What happened?"

After telling the guards about the imp attack and some small talk you enter the store. You're greeted by an elderly man who approaches you hastily. "Are you alright? Half of you look like you're about to drop! Sit down, sit down. What happened?"

The man pulls some of the chairs he sells, for the store seems to sell pretty much everything, together and offers the party to sit down. The party once again tells about the imps, and has some more small talk before the man gets to business: "Okay, let me appraise to goods you carry. Hmm... yeah... Yes, for this I can give you at least 400... this one's... 200..."

When the old man sees the queen's brooch his eyes widen. "I... I can't buy this! This brooch, it's the queen's! You are aware it's been registered with the Guard as stolen property, aren't you? No?! The queen has even offered a reward for its return!"

"I can't risk my job purchasing this brooch, but the other things I'll buy for a total of 1,812 gold and 3 silver. I advice you return this brooch to Castle Korvosa to claim the reward of 1,200 gold pieces."

Total sell value (50%): 1,852gp 3sp
Allyph: 463gp 6cp
Baer: 423gp 8cp & 1 Tanglefoot Bag & 3 flasks of Acid
Denario: 463gp 8cp
Mavor: 463gp 8cp

Don't forget to also add the 28gp Kwoon gave everyone earlier (for saving Jovalson), in case it slipped your mind during the fight :)

The man hands everyone their share of gold for the goods, and puts the goods away. "Anything else you'd like to sell? Or perhaps you want to buy something?"

Kwoon asks the man about houses, and the man replies with a shrug: "Half of the houses in Korvosa is unoccupied, except for the fancy neighborhoods. Just pick something. And if you really want to pay for it, I guess you could."

Meaning: I'm not going to keep track of rent, but you can pick a place for your house. If you look at the map you'll see multiple characters do have a house.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

I was all good with the loot distribution, Mavor didn't need anything specific. In any case he could use an armour upgrade by now.

Mavor looks to the old man as he counts out what everything is worth and thanks him for the quick transaction.

"Thank you so much for the fast deal mister...? We knew it was the Queen's, but we would never dream of selling it, we didn't even hear about the bounty yet with all the riots and then the imps and so forth. As to purchasing something new, I did hear some talk about a special armour, a breastplate that still has free movement to jump and climb. I'm now in the market to buy something like that as now I've finally got the money for it."

He's asking for an Agile Breastplate.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)
StephNyan wrote:
Don't forget to also add the 28gp Kwoon gave everyone earlier (for saving Jovalson), in case it slipped your mind during the fight :)

If and when Kwoon offers the money to Baer, she refuses it.

"If you're not going to take the spoils from Lamm, then I'll not take the spoils from your child."

* * *

"Naturally, we knew it belonged to the Queen. Thank you for confirming that," Baer says testily.

Baer window shops a bit, but does not purchase anything just yet. While she would love a nice quarterstaff (rather than just good ol' Thumpy), she knows that she might need to leave the City quickly or something else...instead she saves her money.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario plans on drawing his cards more swiftly.

"I'd like a good wrist sheathe if you have those."
Swift action to have em in the hand.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor looks to Kwoon with a surprised look as he offers the money to him.
"I've done nothing special to earn this, getting rid of Lamm and freeing the children was my pleasure, not my work. You keep on to that."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"Ah yes, you mean the Agile Breastplate, as it's usually referred to?"

The man disappears for a moment, then returns with the breastplate. "This is the normal version. Unless you're looking for a masterwork version, that'll be 400 gold pieces. A masterwork version would cost 550 gold pieces."

"You're welcome, ma'am," the man replies to Baer.

The old man shows Denario two types of wrist sheaths. "We have the normal Wrist Sheath, and the Spring Loaded Wrist Sheath. The first costs 1, and the second costs 5 gold pieces. The Spring Loaded version functions faster, but preparing the sheath for use requires cranking the its gears and springs into place. You want just one of them, or one for each wrist?"

He's obviously trying to sell more, but don't let that bother you ;)

401 to 450 of 5,727 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.