Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)


151 to 200 of 5,727 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Allyph points at Baer's feet. "Mind if I...?" She carefully pulls the dog inside the fishery. Once inside she concludes the dog's still breathing, and has stopped bleeding.

"We should find a room where we can put him. Bring him to a shelter later?" She temporarily leaves Bloo in the corner of the room.

Diplomacy, for kids: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Kids, do you have a home to return to?" Allyph asks the kids as she approaches them. "If you don't, I know of an orphanage. They'll take care of you there."

"Guys, do you mind helping me help the kids after this is all over?" Allyph then asks the others. She also pokes her head around the corner to asks Kwoon the question. "They're all victims, and I think they deserve another chance. If they disappear in the alleys like the other kids... their lives won't get any better..."

Updated Map


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"They are some people I met earlier." Hung Hei Kwoon calls out to the children "Were any of you noble born children being held for ransom? You know, where they wanted your parents to pay money to get you back? If so, speak up and stay close to me."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Denario's able to stop Emily, and brings her back into the fishery. "I knew you'd reconsider," Emily says with a devious grin on her face.

Some of the other kids nod after hearing Allyph's words, apparently deeming the half-elf trustworthy. "I... guess I'll... wait here?" one asks her.

"Yep, you will," Emily answers as she seats herself in the office's chair, after which she turns to Allyph: "Don't you worry. I'll keep an eye on them."

"Come on boys, show some gratitude!" Emily commands the other kids, who quickly reply with "thank you."

When Kwoon asks about noble born kids it's awkwardly quiet. No one replies, but some confused looks are exchanged.

Map's updated.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Was worth a shot! Extra pay day for a good deed done.

Hung Hei Kwoon tells Jovalson to probably make a run for it straight home, as it might be awhile as he wants to look around. Wow, a bunch of thank you, that'll pay the bills.

Hearing the request for help with the kids, Hung Hei Kwoon steps into the other room and asks, "For free? I'm happy to point them in the right direction, but uh, I'm a busy man. Probably should look around for a bit, might find something useful to stop this Gaedren fellow, might be a big reward for his capture."

Hung Hei Kwoon throws the key and money from the cabinet into the total pot for loot. "Anyone up for looking around with me? Might need some help given how rudely we were greeted."

UPDATED MAP


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario grins.

Seems my ambition climbing the ladder's somehow rubbed off a bit.
He takes his deck special deck from a pocket, keeping it at the ready.

"So, shall we finish this game? We've our reasons to and business afterwards. Mr Kwoon here is as eager as i am."

I've put Baer inside as well.
Map


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

When Denario closed the double doors at the front of the fishery, after Baer's also moved inside, Allyph goes to the room with the gnome and half-orc. She closes the door there as well.

Allyph then return to her previous position. "Where do you guys want to look first?"

Updated Map


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

You never know, Kwoon.

"I'd... much rather wait, Kwoon," Jovalson replies. "I think my father will like it if you bring me home personally?"

"I'll watch him," Emily says. "He'll be safe with me."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor steps down the table as the others converse and searches Yargin's corpse as the talk goes further.

When he finds the key, he pockets it, exclaiming to the others.
"Found another key. That will be pretty useful I'd reckon."

Mavor then moves over to the door at the right end of the room, greataxe in hand and checks to see if the door's open or not.

Map


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Hmmm, I think the boy should stay near me. Lost you once, not going to lose you again. Jovalson, before we go looking around, can you tell me if there were more bad people around here? We've beaten a few, how many more are there?"

If he informs me there's quite a bit more bad folks, I'll use my mage armor potion. If he says that's most of them, then I'll save the potion.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Sheesh...go to Sunday brunch and a show (Guardians) and the thread explodes. :)

StephNyan wrote:

loot:

If no one else grabs them, Baer will the three acid and place them in her bandolier for each reach. She will put a tanglefoot bag in her front pouch.

Acid [x3]
Bolts [x10]
Dagger
Disguise kit
Flail
Garnet amulet
Key [x2]
Kukri
Leather armor
Light crossbow
Light shield
Studded leather armor [x2]
Tanglefoot bag [x2]
Thunderstone
Wand of acid splash (28 charges)

* * *

Denario Vasquez wrote:
@Baer:<<Orcish High Tongue>>

Baer's lips curl around her mighty tusks into a brief smile.

Orcish:

"Indeed, but his ripe cantaloupe opened too easily...I want Lamm's to have a more pleasing hollow pop to it."

* * *

Denario Vasquez wrote:
I've put Baer inside as well.

Thank you. As a point of order, always feel free to move Baer as necessary and as reasonably needed.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer ignores the children, considering them inconsequential to her task.

"These young ones should be safer out of our way. I have business here...and if they thought Yargin's death was bad, wait until I rejoice over Lamm's body."

Baer moves to the backside of the pier, looking for Lamm, resisting the urge to call his name and demand he come to face her.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"Okay, I'll stay near you!" Jovalson moves up to Kwoon, looking up at the man he admires so. "You got all of them! There's no one else here. Well, except the creepy old man himself. He's always downstairs, but I've never been there. Kids who went downstairs did never return."

"Oh, mister greataxe, that key's for the same place as Kwoon's key," Jovalson says, pointing his pitchfork toward the door of teh room with the cabinet. "Or maybe also for another place, but I think it's just for that place. Not sure though."

Emily nods her head. "Very well. I'll just stay here."

The map's updated.

@Baer: You're going outside? Please move your character on the map to show where exactly you're heading.

@Kwoon: Please move Jovalson with you as you move. You're going to protect him, meaning you decide where you place him.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

So is the door to the right open? I'd like to take a look inside.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Mavor: Pardon, overlooked that part of your post.

Mavor opens the door next to him and takes a look inside the room.

A5. Barracks
A pair of bunk beds sits against the far wall of this room to either side of a boarded-over window. After a quick search it's revealed there's nothing of interest in this room.

Map's updated.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

No problem, just didn't want to leave an unexplored room behind us.

"Nothing in here, so which way now guys? Better to explore up here first before going downstairs. It's only logical to do so."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Updated Map.

Baer hunts for Lamm, moving into the back room from which the children poured forth.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

A8. Fishery Floor

The floor here is slick with seawater, bits of seaweed, and fish blood—the air is thick with the accompanying scent. Wooden catwalks to the north and south allow access to the western part of the fishery, while the floor here is only five feet above the river below. An open bay to the south allows direct access to the sloppy, muddy water, while to the northwest stands an immense ten-foot-tall wooden vat, its sides caked and waterproofed with tar. Inside is a foul-looking mixture of chum, seawater, and who knows what else. To the east are stacked many barrels and crates, each marked in paint with a fish. Nearly two dozen small hammocks hang from under the catwalks, each with its own ratty blanket and pillow.

The map's updated.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer snuffs around, looking for Lamm.

"Why don't we ask the children where Lamm lives? I bet they know."

Updated Map.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Hung Hei Kwoon and Jovalson will go back outside and down the path he originally started. He'll drink a potion of mage armor, just in case, since he's now protecting the boy.

"I'm going to go look around back, which was my first choice. Jovalson, stay behind me."

NEW AND IMPROVED UPDATED MAP


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor sees baer and Kwoon leave on their own to explore and decides to check the last unopened door he sees from where he is.

New Map

He checks to see if the door's locked or not and opens it if it isn't locked. If it's locked he'll try to give it a strong budge to break it open using the crowbar from his pack.

Strength check with crowbar: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer snuffs around in the large room of the fishery. When she looks down the rectangle hole in the floor she sees some walking planks just south of the hole. The same planks Denario saw earlier when he mentioned there was a lower level.

A12. Underpier

A narrow space exists under the fishery, with about four feet of room between the floor of the building above and the languid, foamy river water below. Wooden pilings support the building, and moss and cobwebs hang thick from ropes and rusted chains between them. A wooden walkway floats on the river surface, winding along the inner wall of pilings that supports the building’s frame above, leading from the sodden barge to the east all the way west to a wooden door that leads into an understructure below the fishery’s landbound half.

------

While Kwoon moves outside with Jovalson, Mavor forces his way past the last set of doors on the ground floor.

A2. Loading Dock

A fifteen-foot-wide loading dock abuts the side of the building here. A few carts sit nearby, partially loaded with large tar-caked barrels marked with a fish-shaped splotch of red paint on the side. Double doors to the immediate south of the loading dock’s ramp provide access to the building’s interior, while a rickety flight of stairs descends nearly to the river’s surface to the east, where a second door provides a secondary entrance.

Map updated!


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Mavor, do you see anything? That one kid said the only thing left is the old Grak-Uh*."

* bastard


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Can Kwoon see the planks below? If so, is there a way he can climb down from whatever planks are holding up the ones above to the underpier below?


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer follows, trying to find Lamm.

You'd think the children would know how to get to Lamm.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Kwoon: You can't see the planks below from your current position.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Jovalson, you said they went downstairs never returned. Where is downstairs?"


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"Follow me!" Jovalson says, and leads Kwoon to the large room at the back of the fishery.

"They'd be lowered into this hole. There'd always be a rowboat down here in which they'd have to wait. I think the rowboat's tied up somewhere outside, can't remember."

Map updated.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Well child, you should be a bit more precise with your words. They weren't taken down stairs, they were taken below through the hole." Hung Hei Kwoon peers through the hole, pondering his options. "Well, this looks a bit more complicated than I anticipated. Perhaps you should run up and stay with that Emily girl. Stay away from any grown-ups, especially those two tied up."

Looking around, he says to the people who were playing cards earlier, "Well, looks like we might have to go for a short swim, the boat is missing from below. Anyone willing to go with me, or shall I, uh, take the plunge myself?"

Map with Jovalson near Emily


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

"Nothing to see here from what I can tell." Mavor calls back to Denario.

When he returns he add on a quieter tone.
"Seems the upper floors are clear, we'd best inspect the lower floor as well, then check that ship that's lying at the end of the pier."

"Where's Baer and Kwoon?" he asks Allyph and Denario.

New Map


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer wanders with Kwoon.

Updated map with others moved up.

Baer stares where the child points, looking for a way down.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"They went to the room at the back," Allyph replies to Mavor, and leads both him and Denario to Kwoon and Baer.

Allyph takes a look down the hole. "What, are there no other options?" she asks Kwoon.

"Lamm's an old man, he must have an easier way to get down there. These are the docks, can't we find a small boat? Also, I don't want my clothes to become wet. Or my hair! Do you have any idea how much time I need for my hair in the morning?"

She takes a step away from the hole and crosses her arm. "No way I'm going down through this hole. No way."

Merged maps


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"Hey Jov!" Emily says when Jovalson joins her in 'her office' again. "You can be the secretary. Go get me some coffee."

"But I don't want to!"

"Tsk... expect to see the consequences on your paycheck..."

Jovalson blinks. "What...?"


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

A certain strong willed & stubborn voice makes Denario smile inside.

"Miss Allyph, you might not have a choice in that matter. If it is the only way to proceed.....
As for being an old man, all the poorer luck for him. He should have folded and left, there's a thing as pushing one's luck."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"There is another way. There is a small boat tied outside, I shall get the boat and bring it to the shore, whereby those who want to go to the lower level can join me. Come to the shore, and I will bring the boat."

With that, Hung Hei Kwoon gets into action and gets in the boat, bringing it to the shoreline for people to enter more easily.

POTENTIAL MAP

Not really sure how many can get into the boat (blue rectangle), but we can probably just ferry some folks to the lower level boardwalk easily enough (marked with a star on lower level). So, if GM is okay with this and people agree, we could just end up at the "star" location and tie the boat to the bottom level there.

Like this Map

Which then becomes...

This final map


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer sniffs the air, looking for a way down that does not involve a boat.

"We should take the boat and burn this place down. We can wait for Lamm on shore...or else enjoy the smell of his burning flesh."

Baer begins to look for flammables: oils and kerosine and the such. No, she will not light it yet.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"And how could we be sure he's even down there, unless we go and make sure he is?"

Allyph shakes her head. "I see no other way down, except for the hole. And I'm not swimming."

She then moves to the shore, and waits for Kwoon to bring the boat there. "Thank you, Kwoon."

Map

And after Kwoon's dropped her off.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Anyone else for the boat ride?


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

If there's enough place for Mavor, then he would hop into the boat as well, otherwise he might take a careful look upon the larger boat at the pier.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

We can ferry people back and forth easy enough.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer, though she thinks fire is a better idea, is happy to wait her turn to be ferried over.

"Fire. This would be better with fire."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Haha...well who knows we might get to that at some point. But be careful with this water, i've seen shark fins."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Based on your posts I conclude you all choose to take the ferry ride Kwoon offers. The map's updated with all of you on the Lower Floor.

After some ferrying everyone's on the boardwalk below the old fishery. Kwoon ties the boat to the boardwalk, carefully keeping an eye on the shark fin that's appeared on the other side of the boardwalk.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Kwoon grabs his light crossbow and makes sure it is ready to fire. While holding the crossbow in a ready position, he slowly opens the door to peek through, trying to use the door as possible cover.

In other words, I'm not flinging the door open. I'm slowly opening the door and using it as cover. Not sure what the heck is on the other side, but better safe than sorry.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

A13. Gaedren’s Playground

The air in this large room is somewhat chilly and stinks of the river, no doubt thanks to a huge opening in the floor that drops away to the river shore five feet below. Several pilings emerge from the waters to support the roof above, with mossy ropes slung between them. In two places, rusty manacles hang from the ropes over the water. Two five-foot-wide walkways cross the hole’s edge to the other side of the chamber, where a collection of old cabinets, lockboxes, and piles of clutter are strewn about. Chipped porcelain plates, a cracked goblet, badly rusted silverware, an old wooden shield with a crossbow bolt embedded in it, the odd dinged helm, and other “treasures” litter the floor of this entire chamber. Three tables, their tops heaped with additional clutter, stand amid this mess, while just west of that a wooden door seems to provide access to a walled-off section.

An old man sits at one of the tables, sorting and cataloging several items. The man stands up and turns toward the door when he hears it open. It's a jaundiced and bent corpse of a man, his eyes yellowed and skin speckled from age. His left leg carries a pronounced limp as he shuffles about. He wears only a gray cotton robe.

"Who are you?" the man asks and squints his eyes to see who's in the door opening. "Wait... you're that bodyguard..."

For anyone who'd recognize him: it's Gaedren Lamm.

The map's updated.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Keeping the door in a way so that Kwoon can stick his head out to talk, but holding onto the door, he says, "You have no where to go old man, but you can come with me. Come out peacefully with your empty hands in the air, or the people behind me will lock the door and burn the building down with you inside. We've already captured the gnome and the orc, killed the rest, and freed all the children. If you know who I am, then you know that I do not lie. This is not a diplomatic negotiation. You either come out with your hands up and you'll be unharmed. If you do not, they are going to lock the door and burn the building down. Choose, and choose fast. I have heard being burned alive is a terrible, painful death. Just thought you should know."

Spoiler:

I really don't care to be diplomatic or negotiate, he can either do it or we can burn it down after getting the kids to safety. However, should you require a diplomacy roll, here it is: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer squirms wanting to move in and get her prey with her own hands...and annoyed at the man holding the door closed.

"If he's in there, let me go in and kill him. It won't take but a lifetime to savor..."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"The game's afoot. The odds aren't in favor of the old man right now, but we'll see."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor stands gripping his greataxe more tightly with every passing second as Kwoon starts to adress Gaedren. He can sense Baer's frustration as well and speaks up as well.

"Kwoon better step aside and let us at him. We've come here to make him pay for what he has done, not turn him over to the guards, they won't do anything about him. Let the lady behind you have the first chance for revenge, she's been the most anxious to get it."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"Hung Hei Kwoon... I've heard you're a man who likes money. You killed Yargin, what about taking his position as my right hand? I can assure you the pay's good."

Lamm takes a hand crossbow and shoots a bolt into the pool in the middle of the room.

Bolt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Nonlethal damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

A lot of splashing and a roar can be heard when the bolt hits something in the water. From your current position it's not possible to see what it hit.

"If you decide not to we can either fight, or you may burn this place. That's up to you. I'll let you know I'll go over to this room here when you set this place on fire." Lamm nods his head at the locked room next to him.

"So what do you choose, Kwoon? Or will your friends decide? I hear you brought some with you."

Initiative:
Allyph: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Baer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Denario: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Kwoon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Mavor: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lamm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Turn progression - round 1:
Denario
Kwoon

? 2 nonlethal
Baer
Allyph
Lamm
Mavor

Denario and Kwoon are up first.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Well that sounded off. An enchanted shark perhaps?"

Denario doublemoves to the corner below.
Map

151 to 200 of 5,727 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.