Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)


101 to 150 of 5,727 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Pah, 'suit' yourself."

Orcish:

"Baer, you wished to indulge yourself in vengeance? It seems this blonde guy is asking for it."

Denario moves a bit, walking past Baer.
He looks at the blonde guy.

"Blonde fool."
Cast Daze, DC13 will.
Btw, wouldn't it be awesome if Baer'd be able to pull the guy out by the hair/neck?

Map


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Right through the glass you mean? Would be great indeed.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Thought the window was open...how are we to clearly hear him and he us if it isn't properly opened?


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Round 1

Baer moves her face closer to the window, her rage building.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Intimidate

"Listen here, human. You let me in or when I get in you'll fish I let you go."

Baer, in her rage, sputters an inconsequential blubbering threat.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Hung Hei Kwoon, surprised at this unprovoked action says, "Well, I must be in the right spot. You are, however, in the wrong spot." With that, Kwoon will perform a double-kick on the gnome's head. However, the gnome is far too small and his foot goes over the gnome's head.

Attacks:

Head Kick 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Head Kick 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Well, nice to see my typical dice rolls have returned as a player


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Denario: He speaks loud enough for you to hear him through the window.

Denario casts a daze spell, but the window blocks the spell's line of effect. "What the heck are you doing?!" the man shouts.

The man isn't impressed by Baer's either. "I don't even know what the heck you're saying! Learn common!"

Kwoon does something, but no change is made in the situation.

Turn progression - round 1:
H
Denario
Allyph
Kwoon
Baer
Mavor

Allyph and Mavor are up.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Nothing will happen if we just stand here. I'm going to check what Kwoon's doing.

Allyph moves toward the corner and sees light coming out of the fishery. She also sees Kwoon, who is swinging his legs in the air.

What... is he doing...?

When Allyph moves a bit further she sees Kwoon's fighting a gnome in front of him. She starts waving at the others to draw their attention, and makes several signs. One of the signs is a single finger pointing up, the finger then points toward the fight the others can't see. Another sign involves two fingers pointing up, after which Allyph shows the palm of her open hand.

Updated Map


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Strength check to try and get the door open: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Mavor tries to push at the door, but it doesn't seem to budge, he hefts his axe a little higher and looks ready to crash through the door next turn.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Allyph sees what's happening around the corner, but no one sees the vague signs she's making. Mavor's attempt to open the front door fails.

Demoralize: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

The man behind the window goes frantic and focuses his anger on Baer: "You'll leave now, you murderer! Want me to kill someone else in your name?! Or maybe kill you?! I enjoyed pouring acid over his face, and I sure wouldn't mind doing that to you! And no one would care if you're dead!"

The words hit Baer hard, and leave her shaken.

Meanwhile, around the corner, the gnome lashes out at Kwoon with his kukri.

Kukri: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

The gnome continues to fail, anxiously looks inside the building, and takes a step away from Kwoon.

Turn progression - round 2:
H
Denario
Allyph
Kwoon
Baer - (Shaken for 2 round)
Mavor

Y

You're all up again! The map's updated.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Hung Hei Kwoon says, "I advise you to drop your weapon." He calmly steps forward as if he's walking along a garden of roses and presses his attack with additional head kicks, taking into account the shorter nature of his opponent.

Head Kick 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Head Kick 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

MAP


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario walks away, heading towards where Kwoon is, but on the ground instead of the wood.

Doublemove

Map


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Bull Rush, Charge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

When Kwoon steps forward to attack the gnome he hears someone giggle in the room next to him. From the corner of his eyes Kwoon sees a half-orc charge at him. Before he can land his attacks on the gnome, Kwoon is knocked off of the board walk. The sheer force of the bull rush causes Kwoon to hit the wall of the building next to fishery, after which Kwoon falls into the water. The half-orc ends his movement on the board walk in front of the gnome, and continues giggling: "Heeheehee!"

@Kwoon: Your attacks are interrupted, but you get an AoO against the half-orc.

Kwoon, Swim: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 Kwoon, Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
S Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

After falling into the water Kwoon quickly surfaces again. Kwoon sees the the outline a fish-like creature as big as him several feet away from him, under the board walk, and its fin above the surface of the water. He recognize the creature as a shark.

Turn progression - round 2:
H
Denario
Allyph
G -2AC
Shark
Kwoon
Baer - (Shaken for 2 round)
Mavor
Y

A readied action was triggered and the half-orc joined the fray. One more creature, a shark, has joined in the initiative order. The shark's actions will resolve after Allyph's had her turn and Kwoon's made his AoO.

Denario's actions are on hold, and will resolve after the new creature's been. Same for Baer and Mavor: you're on hold.

Current Map


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Allyph points a finger at the half-orc and shoot a ray of electricity at him. "Kwoon! no!"

Elemental Ray: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

The half-orc is zapped by Allyph's ray of electricity, which hits him in the chest.

Turn progression - round 2:
H
Denario
Allyph
G -4HP & -2AC
Shark
Kwoon
Baer - (Shaken for 2 round)
Mavor
Y

The shark's up, but I'll await Kwoon's AoO.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Please see my post in discussion, I doubt I'm in the water.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Retcon:

Before the giggling half-orc manages to complete his bull rush, Kwoon trips him. The half-orc lands with his face on the floor next to Kwoon.

One of Kwoon's kicks connects, resulting in a headache for the gnome.

Allyph doesn't see the half-orc from her current position, and aims her attack at the gnome.

Partial Concealment, Miss <21: 1d100 ⇒ 23

Despite the gnome being in melee combat, and having partial concealment due to Kwoon's position, Allyph ray of electricity hits the gnome in the chest.

Denario walks away, heading towards where Kwoon is, but on the ground instead of the wood.

Turn progression - round 2:
H -9HP
Denario
Allyph
G -4HP & -2AC & Prone
Kwoon
Baer - (Shaken for 2 rounds)
Mavor

Y

Baer and Mavor are up. The map's updated!

Shark? Nope, no one saw it.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Round 2

Baer feels a bit of self-doubt, wondering if this is even the right place...even if she was strong enough to do what she intends.

Baer screams back...trying to regain the upperhand...

1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 = 11 Intimidate

...and again sputters.

"But I like poop! I mean...fish! I like to eat fish!"


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

The 4 damage from the elemental ray has been removed from Giggles (half-orc), because the ray was aimed at Hookshanks (the gnome) instead.

Reflex G, vs. redirection: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Giggles the half-orc giggles while on the floor: "Heehee... I'm feeling a bit... nauseous... Hee... *cough*"

Baer tries intimidating the man behind the window, Yargin, again. Just like before her threats aren't very impressive.

Turn progression - round 2:
Hookshanks -9HP
Denario
Allyph
Giggles (-2AC & Prone & Sickened for 1 round)
Kwoon
Baer (Shaken for 2 rounds)
Mavor
Yargin

Mavor's up!

Denario:
From your new position you see there's another floor below the fishery's main building. You see no door, but there's 1 window 10 feet to the North. The curtains, however, are closed.

You also see more board walks, just above the water's surface. There's no way to get to them except through the water. You see the fin of a shark in the water, about 20 feet away from you.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Sorry, small tournament long night.
Would've been hilarious if Giggles fell into the water and met that Shark.

Mavor hears the noises coming from the other side of the building and decides to investigate himself, moving to the other side and finds Kwoon in combat with a gnome and a low grunting noise of someone nearby. He takes a few steps closer to Kwoon, hoping to do more on this side.

Map

Double move to get here, I assume the window I passed was also blocked with curtains?


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Yup, more curtains.

Demoralize: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

"Even your comrades leave you! It's because they hate you! Ha!" Yargin shouts at Baer from behind the window, adding to Baer's shaken state.

Yargin then abruptly moves away from the window, and a click can be heard as the door unlocks. One of the doors slams open when Bloo, the dog that's been barking, jumps against it.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Bloo moves outside and attempts to bite the shaken Baer, but misses horribly.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Hookshanks the gnome takes a big step backward. He then hits the wall several times while shouting out loud. "You're all coming out here to help, or the dog and I will have your heads!"

A commotion can be heard from inside the building. Despite a wall separating Hookshanks and whoever the words were aimed for, he sure did scare the receiver(s).

Turn progression - round 3:
Hookshanks -9HP
Denario
Allyph

Giggles (-2AC till own turn. Prone. Sickened this round)
Kwoon
Baer (Shaken for 2 rounds)
Mavor
Yargin
Bloo

Denario and Allyph are up.

The map's updated. Yargin can't be seen by anyone in his current position. Dark blue = open door. Ignore it for line of sight, it's just to show which door is open.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"Baer!" Allyph aims her finger at the dog that's attacking Baer, and shoots another ray of electricity.

Elemental Ray: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

In her haste to help her new friend Allyph's aim is off.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Don't fall into the water, shar problem!"

Denario steps back and casts acid splash on the dog.

Ranged touch acid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Map


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Denario and Allyph both try to hit the dog with a spell, but both attacks go wide.

The prone Giggles tries to get up, but by doing so he takes some risk. Kwoon and Mavor both get an AoO, but Giggles has partial cover versus Mavor.

Turn progression - round 3:
Hookshanks -9HP
Denario
Allyph
Giggles (Prone? Sickened this round)
Kwoon
Baer (Shaken for 2 rounds)
Mavor

Yargin
Bloo

Those in bold are up.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

For his AoO:Kwoon will attempt to stomp on the throat of Giggles, making it hurt to giggle. (laugh, I have to look up the modifier for a non-Flurry attack, I didn't list it on my character sheet, ahh, +4. I will also apply the prone bonus in my roll. If you would like me to leave that out in the future so you can just apply it to the AC, let me know.)

AoO on Giggles + Prone Bonus: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 4 = 27 for damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Kwoon takes a 5' step forward and says, "If you drop that weapon, we can resolve this peacefully." He will continue hitting Hookshanks with a double hand chop to the sides of Hookshanks' neck.

Flurry Blow 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Flurry Blow 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 for Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

MAP after 5' step forward


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Round 3

Baer, finally given an outlet for her building rage, begins to twirl her staff quickly, attacking the dog with savage quickery...though she is shaken.

1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 2 = 18 to hit;
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage;

1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 2 = 7 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.

"Go dog. I do not wish to kill you. Send out your master."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

AoO on Giggles with Power Attack, Prone and cover: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 + 4 = 271d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 = 14

Don't know how much cover he gets. I might be out for the night, bot me if it's necessary. I'll continue to attack any visible enemies.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Miss chance Mavor (Miss <21): 1d100 ⇒ 12

Kwoon aims to crush Giggles' throat, but only inflicts a scratch. Mavor swings his greataxe with devastating power, but hits the door frame instead of Giggles. The giggling half-orc stands up. "Heehee! You missed me!"

"I will g..." Hookshanks doesn't have any time to finish his sentence, because Kwoon takes him out with a hand chop.

Baer, fueled by her rage, hits the dog once. It yelps in pain.

Greataxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 10 Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 3 = 21

Mavor steps forward so he can properly aim for Giggles, and swings his greataxe at the giggling half-orc. The giggling intensifies when Mavor's powerful attack hits the door frame again.

In the door opening in the fishery's outer Western wall Yargin appears. He kicks open the other door as well to have a clear view of Baer, and aims a wand at Baer.

UMD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Why is this stupid thing not working?!" Yargin yells, shaking the wand in frustration.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bloo tries to bite Baer again, and fails again.

Turn progression - round 4:
Denario
Allyph

Giggles
Kwoon
Baer (Shaken this round)
Mavor
Yargin
Bloo -5HP

Denario and Allyph are up again. The map's updated.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Another ray of electricity is launched from Allyph's finger, and it's aimed at Bloo again.

Elemental Ray: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Allyph's ray electrocutes Bloo, and the dog's down.

Turn progression - round 4:
Denario
Allyph
Giggles
Kwoon
Baer (Shaken this round)
Mavor
Yargin

Denario's up, and the map's updated.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario moves to the west, and when the blonde guy is in sight...
Acid splash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Map
Should've bought that wrist sheathe, will do so later.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Denario shoots some acid against Yargin, who looks down at his clothes. "You... You ruined my clothes!"

Flail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Giggles swings his flail at Mavor, but misses. "Heehee! I also miss you! Heehee! We're both missing! Heeheehee!"

Greataxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16 Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13

With another swing of Mavor's greataxe the giggling stops. Giggles goes down.

A6. Yargin’s Office:

A wooden desk sits in one corner of this room, its side preventing the western door from opening all the way. It's slightly opened though. The table is heaped with dozens of slate boards covered with chalk scrawls, while to the east a cabinet slouches against the wall. To the south is another door.

Mavor steps over Giggles, and moves into the room. He moves toward the door at the end of the room and moves through it, figuring he'll pay the blond man a visit.

A4. Front Room:
A single desk sits in the middle of this room, a moldy chair pushed up against the far side. A small pile of ratty furs and straw is heaped under the table.

Mavor ends up 10 feet away from Yargin.

Turn progression - round 4:
Denario
Allyph
Kwoon
Baer (Shaken this round)

Mavor
Yargin -1HP

Those in bold are up. Map's updated.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Round 4

Baer does not rejoice when the dog goes down, a casualty of a fight it doesn't truly understand. She 5' steps closer to Yargin, her eyes on the wand he has.

"You're not Lamm. Is he inside? You can tell me now or with you dying breath."

Baer spins her quarterstaff in two hands, her lack of skill made up for by her rage and quick blows.

1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 2 = 7 to hit;
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage;

1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 2 = 6 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.

Updated Map.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Told you to drop the knife. Why do they never listen?" I think I'm out of danger. Let's see what I can find out. Kwoon takes the knife off the gnome and searches his body for clues or valuable items. After doing this, he will try to stabilize the gnome, although his healing skills are pretty bad.

Untrained Heal Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

@Baer: The map below my name was updated with a new room and some movement. I merged your map with mine.

Yargin's eyes grow wide when Baer closes in on him, but he laughs when she misses him twice. "Aiming isn't your strong suit, is it?"

Kwoon takes the kukri. He also finds a disguise kit and a key on Hookshanks. The gnome continues to bleed while Kwoon's treating him, but stabilizes on his own while Kwoon gets back up.

Dagger: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Yargin draws a dagger and tries to stab Baer, but fails. He then takes a step North while looking at the doors in the room. "Stay away from me! Someone help me! Help!"

The Northern door in the room where Yargin and Mavor are opens and a young boy with a pitchfork enters the room. Several more kids can be seen standing in the room he came from, all holding pitchforks.

"W-what do we d-do?" the boy asks Yargin.

"What do you think, you dimwit?! Kill them!"

"K-kill?!"

"Yes! Now stop stuttering and get to it, or we'll have Bloo... Nevermind, just do it!"

A scream can be heard from somewhere else in the building, somewhere more to the East. Kwoon hears the scream on the other end of the wall he's next to. "He's dead!" another boy screams. "He's dead!"

More screams follow when other kids see Giggles lying on the ground. They do not realize the half-orc's stabilized, and think he's really dead.

Turn progression - round 5:
Denario
Allyph
Kwoon
Baer
Mavor

Yargin -1HP
Urchins

The map's updated. You're all up again.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Good grief, they took 1 boy and cloned him X times over

Acid Splash at blondie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Knife? Check. Disguise? Check. Strange Key? Priceless. Hung Hei Kwoon pockets the items and drags the gnome (I can drag 500 lbs. or 222 kg) into the building past the brutish orc (room A6). Upon seeing the child in the room, Hung Hei Kwoon says, "Yep, don't worry, these troublemakers won't be bothering you for a while. Prison is their next stop. So, why don't you tell me what's going on here, and do you know a boy named Jovalson? I'm here to rescue him." (If any of the children are armed or threatening, Hung Hei Kwoon will say, "Best drop the weapon. The gnome didn't listen either and I'm not one to be trifled with.")

UPDATED MAP


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Hmmm...Denario, I'm trying to think why you would or wouldn't get your +1 to damage for PBShot. I think you do with ranged attack spells like acid splash.

Round 5

Baer, regaining her confidence, presses Yargin.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 to hit;
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage;

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 to hit;
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

That would probably be because the dmg is based on weapons instead of magic dmg, as far as i know.
Edit: browser ate my post. Edited +1 to acid splash


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"Drop your wand!" Allyph moves up next to Denario, and shoots a ray of electricity at Yargin. "And leave those kids out of this!"

Elemental Ray: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6 Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

The ray hits the ceiling above Yargin.

Updated Map


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"They're dead!" the boy next to Kwoon cheers. "Freedom!"

The boy runs outside, and a horde follows. (Technically speaking Kwoon gets his AoO.)

Amidst the horde is one very familiar boy: Jovalson. "Kwoon! You came to save me!"

Jovalson is almost knocked over by the other kids. He quickly moves out of their way and past the unconscious gnome and half-orc. "Are... are they dead?" he asks, fear creeping in his voice.

In the other room Mavor climbs onto the desk. From his higher position he flanks Yargin with Baer, and one of Baer's attacks hits Yargin. So does Denario's attack, but Allyph misses.

Greataxe, Power Attack, Flanking, Higher ground: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 27 Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 3 = 11
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 8 Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19

Mavor's greataxe hits Yargin in his back, and Yargin goes down with the blood gushing out of him.

The kids that see it happen watch with a shocked expression on their faces. "He's... dead?"

Combat's over! The map's updated.

After some time Yargin stabilizes, be it at the brink of death.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)
StephNyan wrote:
After some time Yargin stabilizes, be it at the brink of death.

Baer takes his club to the side of Yargin's head, ensuring the death of the Lamm lover.

"Nevermind telling me with your dying breath...I'll find him without you."

Baer casts Detect Magic after grabbing the wand Yargin dropped...looking at it and anything else of magic/value in him or the dog.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Spellcraft


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

"Dead? Nothing dies permanently. We transcend. Still, is his body lifeless? I'm not sure. I hope not, as I have some questions I'd like answered, so I'm going to tie him up with my silk rope. However, I have two questions for you young man before I return you to your parents. First, tell me Jovalson of what you saw and heard while you were here. Second, any idea what this key might unlock?"

Kwoon will spend some time listening to Jovalson and tying up the gnome in case he recovers. I will interrogate this gnome prior to sending him to the police.

Hung Hei Kwoon also has 50' of silk rope. He will tie-up the gnome, and the DC to escape is 20+4(myCMB).


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Thanks for botting me GM, was a rather long night.

Mavor looks on as Baer kills the blonde man. "You'd almost suspect you knew him. I on the other hand have met and worked with some of these goons before, can't say they didn't have it coming to them."

When the children leave in one big mass, Mavor looks at them, grinning. A slightly unsettling image as Mavor is standing on the table still, a bloodied greataxe in hand and a body lying close to him.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

As Yargin gets it Denario smirks.
Game over for you.
"A nice swing there, it sure did the job."

He shouts out, in hopes his little sister is amongst the kids.
"Emily, EMILY! It's me, Denario!"


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

When searching the bodies you find the following items:

Loot:

Acid [x3]
Bolts [x10]
Dagger
Disguise kit
Flail
Garnet amulet
Key [x2]
Kukri
Leather armor
Light crossbow
Light shield
Studded leather armor [x2]
Tanglefoot bag [x2]
Thunderstone
Wand of acid splash (28 charges)

Kwoon ties up the gnome. During the looting he realizes the half-orc's also still alive, and stabilized. (You'll tie them up together?)

Jovalson listens to Kwoon, admiration sparking in his eyes. "I wasn't allowed to go anywhere else yet. They just made me scrub the floor in the big room next to here. I saw Hookshanks use that key to open the cabinet once. Yargin also has a key to the cabinet. Shall I show you where it is, Kwoon?"

In the otehr room Yargin's life is ended by Baer, and the kid who sees it happen turns pale. He doesn't say anything anymore.

"Den!" a girl's voice can be heard screaming from the room the boy came from. The boy's nearly knocked over when Emily comes running out of the room. "Den!"

Emily runs toward Denario, dropping the pitchfork she was holding next to the dead Yargin. She jumps over Yargin's body and hugs her big brother, tears running over her cheeks. "Den!"

Another kid enters the room, but he's less scared when he sees the dead Yargin. "We should go now!"

Meanwhile the kids that were on Kwoon's side of the building all escaped.

Please read my post in the discussion thread on how I'll handle loot in this game. Am I correct to assume Kwoon has claimed the key from Hookshanks, together with the disguise kit and the kukri?

The map's updated!


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

No, all I want is the key and maybe the Thunderstone if no one else wants it. I will tie up both if 50' of rope is long enough.

"Yes, show me the cabinet that this key opens Jovalson. Might be something useful inside. Once I'm sure this area is secured, then you can return to your parents. They will owe me a reward for my service." As I don't do anything for free.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

More than enough.

"Okay, follow me Kwoon!" Jovalson leads Kwoon into the room where the others are, and looks at the others in confusion. "Uhm... hi?"

"Kwoon, are they your friends? Oh wow, Yargin's head is almost...!"

Jovalson remembers what Kwoon asked him to do, and continues toward the room he wants to show Kwoon. The mass of kids makes it hard to pass though. "Guys, could you let me pass? This is Kwoon, he's come to save me! And you!" He worms his way past the other kids, dragging Kwoon with him.

The stink in this room, a mixture of fish and sweat, is enough to make the eyes water. To the east, a large wooden trough holds a hideous mound of half-rancid fish, seaweed, and brine. Filthy seawater and fish blood stain the floor around this trough. A pair of wooden chutes lead from this trough through holes in the northern wall into a larger room to the east. To the west, a desk and chair sit in one corner while a tall cabinet sits in the other.

"Here it is!" Jovalson says, and points at the cabinet.

Use the key on the cabinet:
The cabinet contains six small pouches, four of which contain 50 cp. The remaining two each contain 50 sp.

Map's updated.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario catches his sister whom practically charges into him.
(sibling reunion)
"I'm glad to see you are safe. Will you be all right on your own? Luckily mom and dad's house is down the 3rd street on our right in that direction, i'll come see you tomorrow ok?. Right now me and these others are going to stop the big bad guy from doing this ever again."

He rubs her hair and winks.

@Baer

Orcish:

"Feels good, doesn't it. I'm no moral knight by a long shot, but that guy deserved punishment."

To the others:
"While i was lower ground by the sidewalk i saw a lower floor. A basement level. I'm taking just a wild guess we'll find that bastard there."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"But it's scary outside!" Emily says, "I want to stay with you, Den!"

Emily puts her hands on her hips and scowls at Denario, determined to stay. Several second pass before she sighs, rolls her eyes and goes back to pick up her pitchfork. She then walks off into the dark while muttering something about "responsibility" and "sending me off in the dark."

Updated the map again.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

He knows she's right and grabs her by the hand before she's outside.
"Can you find a safe spot in this room to hide in? We'll head home together when i and the other 4 have dealt with our business here."

He takes an old memoria from his inner pocket.
An old withered normal playing card, King of Diamonds. "The card i won my first game with. Keep it safe for me till i get back here." (winks at her).

101 to 150 of 5,727 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.