Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)


251 to 300 of 5,727 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer is wherever the head/illusion is. Having moved to investigate the head. In general, assume that rational and normal resolutions to time and space.

Baer nods, intending to bury Zellara's head.

"Thank you for leading me to my revenge. I can only hope it feels as good for you as it does for me."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor looks to Denario as he thanks the two women for him being still alive.

Ungrateful git, didn't even ask who buried his axe in side the head of that alligator or why I was swimming as well.

Mavor flicks the droplets of water from his hands and shakes the drops out of his ears.

"So much for that adventure. I'm just happy to see Lamm brought to justice. And yes Baer, I think our blood calls to me as well, it seems to have given me much already."

Mavor looks at Zellara from beside the window and frowns. Well of course it's odd, bound spirits and all, haunting their own harrow decks and their houses.

"So Zellara, tell me this. We're all your harrowings made to give us more incentive to go out and kill Lamm? If so we wouldn't have needed much convincing anyway."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8
Mavor wrote:
why I was swimming as well.

You were out when i came to.

"He's right on that. However you gave us the direction and chance by grouping us together. One needs a full hand to play a game."

Denario notices the outfit of Mavor being drenched and leaving wet stains as he walks, similar to himself.

Orcish:

"You thought i didn't see? You left some nice handywork there. Gratitude where it's due, thank you."


"It does feel good. If I would have a physical body I'd kick Lamm, or what's left of him, some more times."

Zellara disappears and ends up inside the building, next to Lamm's body. She tries to kick it, but her foot passes through the body. "Sadly, I can't..."

"The Harrowings were originally meant to give you the strength and courage to go out and find Lamm, but what they revealed went beyond the scope of defeating this single man. I feel the force of a greater evil in this city, and the cards revealed your destinies intertwine with it. That's why I asked Denario to keep my Harrow deck safe."

Zellara smiles, but there's something sad in her eyes. "I figured you could use the help."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)
Zellara Aritza wrote:
"The Harrowings were originally meant to give you the strength and courage to go out and find Lamm, but what they revealed went beyond the scope of defeating this single man. I feel the force of a greater evil in this city, and the cards revealed your destinies intertwine with it."

Baer sniffs the air at the latest revelation from Zellara, as if to sniff the evil herself.

"What does that mean, human-ghost? That other evil exists here that are greater than Lamm?"


Zellara frowns at Baer. "I'd prefer if you'd refer to me as Zellara... This ghost-thing hasn't really settled with me..."

"But yes, that's correct Baer. What Lamm did to you... The cards told me you'll face much greater evil, soon."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Denario the thought reader ^^

Orcish:
"Don't mention it, some things aren't supposed to be fought alone. Shame of the head though, would have made a nice ornament or something."

When Zellara speaks up again, Mavor mulls the answers over in his head and looks for possible reasons or evils close to him.

"Well there are always more evils in a city this big, take the gambling and drugs scene on those ships. Lamm sent me and others there as well. Do you have any idea or hints as to what this greater evil might be Zellara?"


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Denario tries to read Zellara's expression, but reading a spirit is different from reading a living opponent at the table.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Going to play catch up...

StephNyan wrote:
Kwoon's kick is a bit clumsy and the head ends up just a yard from where it was in the dirt.

Eh? So much for my years of kung-fu training, can't even kick a ball into the ocean 5' away. I must train harder!

Zellara Aritza wrote:
And why exactly did you kick me?" This time Zellara's voice comes from behind Kwoon. When he turns around she stands directly behind him. "I thought you liked civilization so much, and wanted to spread it? It's not very civilized to kick the dead, Kwoon."

"Huh? Trying to bury your rotting head in the ocean. You know, bury things, like in other civilized lands. Fine, I'll let it rot here in the sand, you ungrateful weirdo spirit." Hung Hei Kwoon will go back inside.

Denario Vasquez wrote:
Denario would have reached for Kwoon's hand to prevent him from throwing the cards away.

How exactly? I'm outside through the window near the ocean, you're inside.

Anyway, for my actions afterwards...

Once inside, he puts the deck of cards on the table. "Going to get Jovalson and go. You guys can talk to the spirit." Hung Hei Kwoon then goes back out the window, goes around upstairs and grabs Jovalson. "Come on, we're leaving. This place is freaky weird." He will walk towards the inn where Jovalson's parents are. I will have to inform the authorities of the two captured crooks inside once I collect my reward.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8
Kwoon wrote:
How exactly? I'm outside through the window near the ocean, you're inside.

Overlooked that bit. Let's keep it at intuition for a lack of better reason.

Clearly the monk isn't a people person.

When Kwoon's gone:
"Don't mind that, is there anything you can tell us that might help us Zellara?"


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer watches the strange man leave.

He was focused, that's for sure.

She leans in to listen to Zellara.


"I cannot pinpoint the source of this evil. The cards don't give me those specifics," Zellara explains. "The only reason I was able to specifically select the five of you to defeat Lamm, was because I sensed that you share the same hatred for the man."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

When Kwoon moves inside the room to put the deck of cards on a table, you hear the sound of an explosion somewhere outside. Through the open window you hear the frantic clang of alarm bells sing out in harmony with a multifarious cacophony of screams.

Kwoon goes back outside, and once he comes out from under the fishery he can see smoke on the horizon. In the distance Kwoon can hear the clash of steel on steel, moans, and even the periodic detonation of arcane power. The sounds appear to draw closer.

"Kwoon, what's going on?!" Jovalson shouts panicked when the monk enters the fishery through the front door. "I heard a loud...!"

Jovalson's eyes grow large when he looks outside, and sees the smoke in the distance. Emily and several other kids run up to Kwoon. "What happened?!" some kids asks.

"Where's Denario?" Emily asks Kwoon. "Where's my brother?!"

Kwoon, do you proceed to the inn where Jovalson's parents live?


Zellara's image slowly begins to fade. "I feel my powers are almost spent for today... But to answer your question, Denario, I'm not sure. Though I feel you'll soo..."

She fades before she can finish her sentence.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Allyph calmly listens to Zellara when she suddenly hears the explosion. "The kids!" she exclaims, and runs over to the window.

Once outside she moves from under the fishery, and sees the smoke in the distance. When she hears the noise of what she assumes to be battle draw loser Allyph quickly moves into the fishery.

"Don't panic!" Allyph yells at the kids, almost hyperventilating. "Emily, your brother will come soon! He's downstairs, we patched him up!"


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

"Patched him up?!" Emily's distressed reply sounds. "What happened to him?!"

"Den! Den! Den, where are you?!"


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

"Come along...and grab what you can."

Baer stows the loot.

Baer retreats outside, trying to get back upstairs where she can make sense of the noises and screams from the children.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Hearing the cries of his little sis and the noise, Denario rushed up the stairs.
Just in time to have the little sis make a jump&grab around his neck.

*..Oomff..good to see you again Emily. Lamm had a nasty surprise in stall and i got unlucky, this huge crocodile grabbed me. While i was out cold Mavor, the half-orc with the big axe slew it and Allyph and the half-orc lady used some healing magic on me, i'd say those three deserve a thanks." (wink at her)


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor helps Baer collect the loot and then heads up the stairs as well.
"What's all that ruckus about so suddenly? I didn't hear any rumours of war drawing closer."

Mavor rushes outside, laden a bit with some of the loot and tries to get a better view himself of what's going on.

When he passes Denario he states: "I think Lamm called it an alligator, not a crocodile."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

"Both big reptiles, you slew it, no need to fuss the little details.", he grins at Mavor's comment.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Emily wraps her arms around her brother's neck and cries. "Yes! Thank you! *sob*"

The sounds of screams and battle draw closer. Some of these sounds come from just around the corner.

"Ahh!" one of the other kids yells, and tries to hide in the corner next to the front door.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Relieved Denario showed up to take care of his sister, Allyph focuses on the other kids. "Don't worry! Remember what I said about going to an orphanage? I'll still take you there!"

Allyph looks at the other members of the party, hoping for some support.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer, having nothing better to do, nods to Allyph, and will help wrangle the human-ferals to the orphanage.

"I shall help you keep them in line, human. I have done much today and have no further plans..."

...now what will you do with your life?
Why would I know that? Can I not celebrate Lamm's death first?

Baer will lead the kids to the orphanage.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

This would leave Denario taking Emily to their parents' house.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"Shall we meet at Zellara's house tomorrow?" Allyph asks the others before she leaves with Baer. "I'd like to talk some more about this evil thing going on... It bothers me."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Please don’t read the others’ spoilers, and reply in spoilers. Mavor, you may either open a single spoiler to join one of the others, or do something else entirely. All up to you.

Zellara's words and Allyph's last request still ringing in your head, you split up and get moving to bring the kids you are or feel responsible for to a safe place.

It's currently midnight, but the fire that comes from the direction of the castle colors the sky red. While you're on the move you notice more and more people wake up and leave their houses.

Baer and Allyph:
Baer follows Allyph to the orphanage. The streets they walk through have become rather crowded with people, most of whom have just awoken from their sleeps. They eventually reach the street the orphanage is in, but a mob blocks their path. when Baer and Allyph comes closer they see the mob's formed a circle. In the middle are four men yelling at each other.

"The usurper b~~!# should die!" one of the man yells, and one of the other men joins in. "She only married the king for his riches!"

"The king's dead!" the others reply. "Just deal with it! The queen never did anything wrong!"

Denario:
Emily holds your hand tight while you walk away from the fishery. You see Kwoon and Jovalson several feet in front of you, but eventually they head of into another direction. The streets become more and more crowded as you continue to walk, and Emily seems rather scared.

"Den..." She points at two rough looking dock workers who are yelling at an old man.

"What'd ye say?!" one of the dock workers shouts. "Long live the queen?! Ye out of yer $%*#ing mind?! The king's just dead! That *&#$% doesn't deserve no throne!"

"I seek no trou...!" Before the old man can finish his sentence the second dock worker punches him in the face.

"Ye didn't seek wha...? Wha...? Tell me!"

Kwoon:
You take Jovalson's hand and quickly get moving, pulling him along with you to make sure your reward doesn't get lost while the streets become more crowded. You've barely walked two streets when you see two men beat up another, rich looking, man in an alley.

"Watcha gonna do now, rich boy?!" one yells, and spits on the helpless man's coat. "Why don't ya go %&#$ dat queen of yers, if ya like er so much?!"

"Aah! Stop it!" the man of the ground says. "She did nothing wrong, and neither did I! Leave me, please!"


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

Yes, Kwoon would protect Jovalson and take him to his parents house, as he can't risk Jovalson being injured. Strange spirits, alligators, and now explosions. Kwoon knows it's probably connected, but he has to get the boy to safety first.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

Is a way of hiding Jovalson while this happens? He's such a risk of getting grabbed by these kind of men that without hiding him, it's too risky. Second, I will assume since I've only gone 2 streets that the mage armor is still active. Lastly, it may seem odd that a lawful good man demands payment, but he thinks it is evil to assume assume people should do good deeds for free. Part of his philosophy. He won't do evil deeds for pay. Would he accept a job from an evil person if the job involved good deeds? Hmmmm. If Hung Hei Kwoon realizes that his actions are helping an overall evil activity, he wouldn't take the job.

IF Jovalson can hide somewhere, THEN Hung Hei Kwoon will bow to all the men and calmly announce, "Greetings. I am Hung Hei Kwoon, professional bodyguard and bouncer at the local tavern. I am available for temporary employment if you are in need of assistance. I will accept verbal contracts in this particular instance as you appear to be indisposed for signing a formal contract." If the man offers a verbal contract, Hung Hei Kwoon will sense his motive to see if the man is actually offering a truthful contract.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Typical, I suppose that means I have no idea if the man is lying, so I guess I'll have to assume he's telling the truth. The rich man could be a total dirt bag and I have no way of knowing....hahaha, funny.

IF Kwoon cannot hide Jovalson, they will continue onward and Hung Hei Kwoon shall announce while passing by "You should hire a professional bodyguard."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer & Allyph:

"What is this, Allyph? Why do they argue? Does it matter whether King or Queen rules? Will their lives be any different?" Baer asks the human.

Baer stands protectively in front of the children, almost daring the unruly masses to come closer so that she might club them silly.

Are the children in any danger? Can we avoid the crowds to get the children safely to the orphanage?

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Know (Local) for alternate route, if needed


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

GM

Show:

"Things aren't always as they seem. Claiming "long live someone" directly after a spouse dies is suspicious. With these explosions and who knows what else, i'm getting you to safety first. Folk like them shout and leave, the old man seemed quite fit to me."


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & GM (haha):
"I don't know, Baer. It seems trivial to me, but apparently they care."

Allyph tries to find a way past the crowd.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

I've added some locations to the map of Korvosa, on top of the thread.

Baer & Allyph:
Allyph’s not able to find a way past the crowd, but Baer knows of an alternative route to their destination. Baer leads Allyph and the kids through another street and circles the mob. A few minutes later they end up in front of the orphanage. Initially, there’s no reply when you knock on the door. It takes a while before one of the closed curtains is opened and you see an old human woman appear. The woman’s eyes grow large when she sees you, and she’s quick to disappear again.

The door opens, and the old woman appears in the door opening wearing just a nightgown. ”Allyph! Why do you bring... Never mind, get inside! All of you, quick!”

Once you’re all inside the woman closes the door, and locks it. ”Dear Sarenrae! Where did you get all these kids, Allyph?!”

She looks the kids over, and her eyes rest on Baer. ”Oh, I’m sorry! It’s just... very unusual... and with the riot out front I was worried something else... Ahum, where are my manners? My name’s Illya.” Illya offers Baer a hand.

Denario:
While Denario and Emily leave, Emily continues to stare at the men. The old man receives another punch. Just before Denario and Emily round the corner the old man’s punched again, and drops to his knees.

Denario quickens the pace when he notices more people are getting violent and starting fights. Groups of people attack each other in the open, screaming all kinds of accusation about the queen or things to defend her.

When the siblings arrive at their house Denario quickly unlocks the door. Once inside he’s quick to lock it again.

”Denario! Emily! Where have you been?” their mother asks with a worried voice, and hugs both of them. ”Your father and I were so worried!” It doesn’t take long for mister Vasquez, who was clearly preparing to go outside, to join.

”Kids!” mister Vasquez exclaims. He drops a makeshift spear, consisting of a knife tied to a broom, onto the floor and hugs his kids. ”I was about to go look for you! Where have you been?!”

Kwoon:
Noted!

With more and more people coming out of their houses and the crowd that's forming becoming rowdier, Kwoon cannot find a safe place for Jovalson to hide. They walk away from the two men and their victim. Jovalson looks at Kwoon as they walk off, an expression of confusion in his eyes. In the background your hear the rich man scream, but it doesn't take long before his screams can't be heard over the noise made by others.

As Kwoon and Jovalson move through several move streets they see small groups of people fighting. From the shouts of people Kwoon learns the cause of the chaos is the king's death. The king has been ill for a long time, and his death gives the queen full authority over the city. Not all people seem to like the queen, and a lot of the people who don't like her are confronting those who do.

Kwoon and Jovalson eventually arrive at the inn where Jovalson lives, the Jordy Inn. The door's locked, but as Kwoon also lives in the place he has a key. Kwoon enters the inn with Jovalson, and quickly looks the door again.

Mister Jordy comes running into the inn's main room from upstairs, holding a broom in his hands. When he sees Kwoon and his own son his face brightens. ”It's Jov!” he shouts upstairs. ”Kwoon brought him home!"

Jovalson runs off to his father and hugs him. "Dad! Kwoon and some other people saved me!"


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

GM

Spoiler:

"I'd say for you to take it easy, but that would not be applicable.
Let's say a certain crimelord and goons aren't among the living anymore. Child abduction will not be a regular business anymore. Myself and a few others had been asked to make sure he isn't in the game anymore."
.

To refrain his folks from worrying, Denario leaves out the part of his almost early demise.
"Don't go into the streets, somehow it's turned into an open brawl, groups are at eachother, people pro-queen and people who wish to honor the late king. So i'd say sit this round out."


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer & Allyph:
Baer grabs the woman's hand and shakes it with a smile.

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4 Diplomacy

"Greetings old human, I am Baer. I assume you can raise these unruly, unloved whelps?"

Baer sniffs the air of the orphange.

"Sounds like you raise many whelps here. Did you need assistance?" Baer offers 5 gold to the old woman without waiting for an answer. "That should purchase much gruel."

"There seems to be lots of noise and weirdness outside? The king has passed away? Maybe I should stay here to protect this place tonight." Baer grunts.


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

Mavor would skulk the streets and try to find out where that explosion comes from. Being a mean half-orc with an axe he doubts many would trouble him along the way.

Knowledge (Local) for any info: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Also apologies for not being here for two days, had my girl over for a few days, no long access to my pc ;)


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

"I have done as directed. The city is not safe. I believe it would be wise not to open the tavern tonight. Many fights along the way and ill tempers and alcohol do not mix well."

Hung Hei Kwoon ponders for a minute. "I left some bad men tied up back where I found Jovalson....I was going to inform the authorities, but I believe that will probably not be acted upon given the situation outside. I suggest we bar the doors."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Bear & Allyph:
Baer's attempt at being friendly fails initially, but the old woman sees through the words and smiles at the rude half-orc. "Thank you, Baer. Very generous! Please wait in the living room, and you'll have to excuse me for a moment. I'll show the kids where they can spend the night. We can talk afterward."

Illya leads the kids upstairs after barring the door. Half an hour passes before she enters the living room, looking exhausted. "Twelve more kids... I already have thirteen running around all day long. Luckily I hired someone recently, a gal by the name of Cecile. She's about your age, I think. She's upstairs with the kids now, helping them get changed. We'll have to buy some new clothes and beds..."

"Oh! where are my manners?" Illya laughs and shakes her head. "Pardon me! I was so busy thinking how I'd be taking care of these kids, I forgot your questions!"

Another loud yell sounds just in front of the door, and Illya looks at the window nervously. Some foot steps can be heard, and a voice: "No man! There's nothing to get there, just an old woman and some kids!"

Illya sits frozen in her chair until the noise directly in front of the house disappears. She shifts uncomfortably. "The king died tonight. He's been bedridden for a long time, as you may know. With king Eodred's death it's now queen Ileosa who's on the throne. Not everyone wants her there, because they think the only reason she married the king was for money and the power that accompanies it."

"I'd appreciate it a lot if you could stay here overnight. Not that I'd dare to ask you to leave anyway. Not with what's going on outside. I'm out of beds though. I have several bedrolls in the closet. If you don't mind, would you like to use those? I'm afraid my age forces me to at least make use of the couch, or else I'd offer it to you."

Denario:
"What?!" mister Vasquez exclaims, grabbing hold of Denario's shoulders. "You were abducted?! Who did this?!"

"Dear, please," misses Vasquez takes her husband's arm and pulls him away from Denario. "Let's bar the door and go to the living room. There's enough yelling outside, so let's try to stay calm."

Denario's dad gives in, but not before he's voiced several curses aimed at the dead fool who dared touch his kids. "I hope he burns in hell!"

While mister Vasquez picks up his 'spear' Denario and Emily move to the living room, where they sit themselves on the couch. Their mother prepares some tea for them, and soon joins them. "What about a more detailed description of what happened, Denario, Emily? Your father and I have been very worried."

When all family members are present in the living room it's Emily who starts talking about what happened: "I was going to visit Den at his card game when some guy grabbed me and took me to a stinky place with dead fishes. There were a lot of other kids. I was thinking I'd... I'd never see you again..."

Tears rolls over Emily's cheeks as she continues: "I... I was so scared! And the men were really mean! *sob* This one blond man... He kept looking weird at me... He touched my hair and said I'd be... pretty... one day... *sob* Then we were told to go to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I was so scared! *sob* There was this boy, Jovalson... He'd also just be taken... Then there was noise and we heard a shout. And the other kids took pitchforks and wanted to fight... *sob* But then there was Den... and his friends... and they saved us! *sob*"

"How'd you find her?" mister Vasquez asks. He seems to have calmed down a bit, or perhaps he's just keeping it in. His jaws are clenched.

"Where are your friends?" Denario's mother asks him.

Mavor:
Okay ;)

Mavor skulls the streets, using his appearance to scare people off. As a result it takes him some time to find people who are willing to tell him what happened. He decides to change tactics and joins a small group of people who are running around.

"*&$% the queen!" one of the men in the group yells, and another one adds to that: "The usurper $%*&^ should die!"

Mavor separates from the group when they round the corner, and repeats this strategy a few times. By yelling some stuff to which others reply, and by asking a few questions in between yelling, Mavor's able to learn several things.

One, king Eodred is dead. He'd been bedridden for quite some time, Mavor remembers. Two, queen Ileosa now sits on the throne. Mavor remembers she's not exactly liked by a large group of people, who believe her to have married the king just to gain more money and power. Three, the explosion was apparently caused by a sorcerer who tried to attack the castle. It seems he failed to breach the castle's walls, and was killed by the guards.

When Mavor's curiosity is satisfied he leaves the last group, and continues to walk in a random direction. Two streets later he sees two men drag a woman into an alley. The woman screams for help, but no one comes to her aid. Once they're in the alley one of the men gets touchy, while the other holds her arms so can't properly defend herself.

Kwoon:
"Good suggestion," mister Jordy says and bars the door. While he does this, misses Jordy leads Kwoon and Jovalson to the living room upstairs.

When mister Jordy has joined them, his wife addresses Kwoon: "We'll go over payment later. Please first tell us what happened. Everyone's gone crazy outside, just because king Eodred died."

"He's been bedridden for ages," mister Jordy continues. "So no surprise there. And who cares if queen Ileosa takes over? Anyway, please tell us what happened before we discuss other matters."

It's Jovalson who starts talking, a bit too enthusiastic, about what's been going on: "There were these really mean men who made me scrub the floor all day long! And they let other kids steal stuff. But I didn't do that! Really! But when I tried to sleep this evening Kwoon and his friends came save us! They beat up most of the men, and even killed some!"

"How'd you find him?" misses Jordy asks Kwoon.

"Who are these friends?" her husband asks Kwoon. "We should thank them too. And properly reward them, as we'll do with you."


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & GM:
Allyph sits down on one of the chairs while waiting for Illya. "That was kind of you," she says to Baer. "Illya's an old friend of my family. I often donate to help support her and the kids."

When Illya returns Allyph lets the old woman finish her rant and explanation before she speaks again: "I'm fine with a bedroll. I even have my own, so I'm fine using that. Saves you some laundry, Illya." Allyph smiles at the old woman, and also hands over five gold. "Here, take some more. If you're going to have to buy beds you'll need it."

"I don't get why people start fighting over the king's death. I know Ileosa's not well-liked, but she won't do worse than Eodred. Wasn't it Eodred who spent almost all the government's money on his stupid projects?"

Allyph takes her bedroll from her backpack and unfolds it on the floor. She keeps sitting on the chair though, not yet sleepy with all the noise in the street.


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

@Baer & Allyph:
StephNyan wrote:
""The king died tonight. He's been bedridden for a long time, as you may know...I'd appreciate it a lot if you could stay here overnight."

Baer shuffes and looks for a good place to sleep and keep watch. Eventually she decides to sleep against the front door (assuming it opens inward) and takes out her own bedroll for napping.

"I shall keep the whelps save tonight, do not worry," Baer says. "The order of the regency is clear: the Queen rules. It seems strange that some would cause problems over such a clear cut matter."

Baer's eyes go from the old woman's to Allyph's.

"Did you value this king highly? I see no tears on your cheeks nor have you scarred yourself with a knife to show your sorrow."


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

"Jovalson has it mostly correct, but as I reminded him, he should choose his words a bit more carefully. So, where to begin? I was asking questions and it led me to a place where I received a strange message to meet the owner of an establishment at a particular location, who would have more information on the location of Jovalson. So, I went to said establishment and a few other people, whom Jovalson has referred to as my friends, were there. However, I hardly know these individuals, and I really don't even know their names besides one orc woman who was fond of snorting and asking strange questions."

"Anyway, once I got the information, the others remained behind to do some kind of weird card playing activity, while I went to the location by myself. I was surprised as anyone to see those people who were playing cards come to the same location as me. Some wanted revenge it appeared, but I didn't ask what they were doing there, because upon my arrival I was attacked. I of course defended myself and subdued those I encountered; I am unsure what the others were doing, but I believe they were also engaged in confrontational activities. I found Jovalson there with many other children."

"Given the strange circumstances, after being sure Jovalson was secure, I took it upon myself to investigate the location, as did these others. But they were not there to save Jovalson. In fact, I'm not really sure why they were there, although they seemed to want revenge for something. Finally, we encountered an elderly individual to whom I believe you referred to as Lamm. He offered me a deal in fact to work for him, which I of course declined. I shot Lamm with my crossbow, but one of the other individuals, the orc lady known as Baer, decided to bash his head in. The others dealt with some other issues that I shall not bore you with. The strangest part of all this is, that the person who gave me the address appeared to have been dead for quite some time, and I had been given the information by a spirit. A rather odd spirit if I do say so myself who must have wanted revenge from beyond the grave. Spirits, alligators, bad men, plenty of reasons to get Jovalson to his parents as quickly as possible. I didn't stick around simply because I didn't see a need to stick around with a strange spirit hanging around and other folks I hardly know, to whom Jovalson refers to as my friends, after seeing them bash the skull in of an elderly man who appeared to be unconscious. What kind of individual, orc or no, bashes an elderly man's skull inside out? Not someone I would easily call my friend."

"As for payment, I am a simple man. If you wish to grant payment to the others, I do not really know how to contact them or their current location. Furthermore, they found many things from the old man, which I left behind to secure Jovalson's safety. Now, if you do not have any further questions for me, I would like to return to my room and wash up. It has been a bit of a stressful day, and I suspect tonight will be a very bad night. I better get some sleep now while I can. Perhaps later you can inform me of the politics of the change in leadership. It may help me in calming down anyone who might be trying to stir up additional trouble."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor looks to the men with disdain in his eyes. Not on my watch you don't.

Mavor walks up to the two men in the dark alley.
"Silently the skulking slayer steps out into the side streets, submitting sexual sadists to some serious smacking."

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Mavor isn't the stealthiest, but hopes the two men are too dumbstruck by his words and alliteration that he can get nearer to them and attack them both.


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

GM

Show:

"No, no, it wasn't me who was taken, let's sit down first."
When they were he reconsidered telling but he figured there wouldn't be any harm in doing so.

"That's the interesting part. You know of harrowers right? When Emily was taken a friend told me so and as i was on my way out this harrowcard conveniently appeared with a text that what happened was known.
It was an invitation to, as appeared later, the home of a lady named Zellara. She had done the same with some other people who were wronged i some way."

He took a pause to let things sink in with his folks.
"As for where the others have gone, i heard 2 of them mention taking the children to the orphanage, the other two i don't know."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
The door indeed does.

"Eodred was a... I don't know." Illya shrugs.

"He'd spend most of the government's money on things like his castle, expensive objects, et cetera. The only reason why people endured him is he also spent some money on charity."

"I don't know how Ileosa will rule the city. I hope she doesn't waste as much money as Eodred."

Denario:
"I'd like to see Jov again some time," Emily says while wiping away the tears. "He was funny."

Both of the siblings' parents laugh. "Well that's a good thing," their mother says. "You should go to bed now, dear. Denario, will you also go?"

Knowing his mother all too well, Denario realizes his mother is basically asking him if there's something else he'd wish to tell without his sister's presence.

"You should bring those people here some time," Denario's father says while Emily moves upstairs. "I'd like to thank them. And well done, son. You're a true man, protecting your family."

Kwoon:
"I heard the half-elf woman yell something about Zelala... Zellaila... someone's home, tomorrow," Jovalson says to Kwoon. "It was when we were already walking, so that's all I heard."

"You should find them, and give them our thanks Kwoon," Mister Jordy says and walks over to a closet. He takes a small pouch from the closet, walks back, and hands the pouch over to Kwoon. "In it you'll find 20 platinum. It's for you, and these frie... people. Share it equally with them."

It's not going on the loot list, it's in Kwoon's care.

Mavor:
The men are both dumbstruck and stare at Mavor. Even the woman stares at him, having temporarily stopped yelling. The woman then realizes this could be her change, pulls her arms free, and slaps both men. "You bastards!"

It's difficult for the men to make sense of what just happened. Both of them don't realize Mavor's approach until he's standing directly next to them.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer & GM:
"I've never really cared for politics, or cared about the nobles," Allyph explains to Baer.

"I can relate to people being mad and sad when they lose someone important to them, but I don't feel these emotions at the news of the king's death. He was just... too distant from me. Not a part of my world."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Damn forum ate my post..
GM

show:

"You're fishing, aren't you mother.
The lady harrower who made this possible was killed by that man, so Emily can't personally thank her anymore, in case she asks.
I might stake out her place after work lateron."

At his father's request:
"3 of the 4 i can imagine would come if invited, but the 4th is not much of a people person. I'll see what i can do."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

GM:
Mavor lowers his greataxe and gets out his sap and smacks both of them on the head with it.

Attack Sap, Power Attack, Cleave, non-lethal: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 1 = 111d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 81d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Here's hoping they're unarmnoured and flat-footed

If they're still standing
"Now scram and leave honest women alone. Else I'll use something different than this thing."

If not
Mavor looks at the two unconscious men on the ground, shaking his head. He leaves the pair of them there on the streets and looks to the woman.
"You alright miss?"


Stats:
F HalfOrc Barrister 7 (HP 57/57| AC:21 | T:13 | FF:18 | CMB: +9 | CMD:24 | Fort:+7 | Ref:+6 | Will:+6 | Init:+3| Perc: +16 | Speed: 30 ft.)

Baer & Allyph:
Allyph wrote:
"I've never cared for politics, or cared about nobles..."

Baer grunts in agreement.

"Never done much for me neither. Did any noble come forward to help prove my innocence? Did any step forward to rid the world of Lamm? I think not." Baer says while making her bed for the night.

"The ways of nobles and queens are not for me...I will have little to do with them. Now, we should sleep. We may have other work to do tomorrow."

Baer pulls her bedroll over her head, and begins to doze by the door. Her quarterstaff is nearby. The loots from Lamm lie in her backpack nearby.

* * *
In the morning, she can be found reading her book.


Male Human Monk (Flowing/Qinggong/Vow)/2 (HP 19/19 | AC:16 | T:16 | FF:12 | CMB: 5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+6 | Ref:+7 | Will:+6 | Init:+4 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30)

GM:

Kwoon looks a bit surprised. "Hmm, okay. I'll reimburse myself for expenses, then split it with them when I find them. Let's see, spent sixty, going to split the rest....so, Jovalson, you're rescue netted me 28 gold. Pretty low ball payment if you ask me given that I risked my life. In the future sir, if you wish to hire someone, you should only hire one person, not the entire group that happens to be nearby. There might have been other citizens in the street that the young boy failed to mention, maybe I will track them down as well and give them some of the coin. While I am glad Jovalson is safe, I believe the risks I took were worth a bit more than 28 gold after my expenses. I find it troublesome. I will retire for the night. In the morning, I will tender my resignation in protest of this payment."

Hung Hei Kwoon spent 60g on rescuing Jovalson, so he will pocket 60g to purchase a potion of Mage Armor and silk rope replacement. Then he will split the remaining 140g five ways, for 28g each, once he finds them, somehow. I'm also going to need a new job and place to live apparently.


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

Baer and GM:
"I agree. Night everyone."

Allyph crawls inside her bedroll and closes her eyes. It doesn't take long before she falls asleep.

What will tomorrow bring...? I hope people leave the orphanage be...


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Baer & Allyph:
In the morning:
The occasional group of rowdy people passes through the street. In the distance you can still hear some explosions. Depending on how absorbed Baer is in her book, she may or may not notice the noise.

The girl named Cecile, a 20-year-old with long blond hair wearing a simple white dress, comes down the stairs and nods at Baer. "Morning. I'm Cecile." She offers her hand to Baer.

In the living room is an additional bedroll on the floor. Apparently Cecile went to bed after Baer and Allyph, and has been up for some time. There's no trace of Illya, who was also up before Baer.

"Illya's currently upstairs with the kids. Shall I make you some lunch?" Cecile asks Baer. When Allyph wakes up Cecile will ask her the same.

Denario:
"I can't say I quite understand the story," mister Vasquez says, "but okay. You're both fine, which is all that matters. You've proven you're old and wise enough to handle things on your own."

"You should sleep now, honey," Denario's mother then says. "Perhaps you'll see these people again tomorrow. Or perhaps three of them, as you put it."

Kwoon:
Mister Jordy's expression changes at Kwoon's lack of appreciation. "You ungrateful oaf!" he shouts. "You know we don't have much! Why do you think you're on a minimum wage, because we're rich?!"

"I'm tempted to kick you out of my property right now, and if you say or show any more ungratefulness I will! You're fired! Make sure you've got everything packed tomorrow morning, and I don't want to see your face again in this place!"

The link for contacting at least one of them has been provided.

Mavor:
They're indeed unarmored.

Mavor hits one of the men against his head, and the other one directly after.

"What the...?!" one of them exclaims, then quickly runs off. The other man decides to follow his mate, and runs off as well.

"Thanks you, sir," the woman says. A couple of tears well up in her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. "Would you mind... escorting me to my home? I'm afraid to continue alone..."

251 to 300 of 5,727 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.