Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master StephNyan

Map of Korvosa
Map of the Dead Warrens (Secret Lair)


5,701 to 5,727 of 5,727 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>

(HP 83/83 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:19 | DR5/magic | Fire resistance 10 | Electricity/Cold/Acid resistance 5 | CMB:5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+7 | Will:+15 | Init:+8 | Perc:+25 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 9/9 min | Beastshape 9/9 min

Tural stares in disbelief, taking in the story.
"She has been possessed by a dragon? Well not possessed but... This changes a lot..."
He turns to Weiss.
"I will prepare the spell, see about this whole situation. It seems we need the help more than I thought... I can be ready in an hour."
With that he takes off, leaving the others to discuss what to do. He heads outside towards the tree Weiss was in earlier and sits down. It being dark outside he blends in perfectly as he closes his eyes and begins to drift, letting his mind dwell with the spirits.

Switching spells and resetting spells for the day, takes about an hour!

If everyone is still present once he comes back he will use the spell.


M CG Halfling Cleric of Cayden Cailean/10 (HP 83/83) | AC:29 | T:16 | FF: 26 | CMB: +7 | CMD:22 | Fort: +12 | Ref: +9 | Will:+16 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 40 ft.

"I can see why the Lord of Drink sent me to you. You definitely need my help."


Status Mavor:
HP: 80/80 NL: 0; AC: 19, T: 12, FF: 18; CMB: +13; CMD: 24; Fort: 9, Ref: 10, Will: 5; Init: +1; Perception: +13; Speed: 20 feet
Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue (Skulking Slayer/Scout) 9

"So. What do we do now? Obviously we're staying here for the night. We will need to buy provisions to last us our search for the Shoanti tribes. After that we set off? Maybe inquiries about where they roam at this point would be handy."

Mavor thinks to himself for a bit and tries to recollect if Blythe was also going to Harse.

GM, was Blythe in Harse with Trinia and Allyph?


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Denario recalls a bunch of information about dragons. More specifically, he recalls a lot about blue dragons.

@Denario: I'm going to give you two links, which both contain general information about (blue) dragons. Suffice to say not all dragons are the same, but this is some general information you recall about the species.
1. Dragons
2. Blue dragons

Mavor thinks back to the day he said goodbye to Blythe, who left Korvosa together with her cat and Theandra, owner of the Three Rings tavern. Theandra only said she knew people outside of Korvosa, and that they'd stay with them.

@Mavor: If you want, those people could very well happen to live in Harse.


"I suggest what Tural's got planned is the last thing we do today before we go to sleep," Vencarlo comments. "My acquaintances at the Black Bird ranch, where Trinia's staying, could help us with provisions if we pay them a visit tomorrow."

@Tural: Do your thing! :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
(HP 83/83 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:19 | DR5/magic | Fire resistance 10 | Electricity/Cold/Acid resistance 5 | CMB:5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+7 | Will:+15 | Init:+8 | Perc:+25 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 9/9 min | Beastshape 9/9 min

Ancestral memory < 81 is success: 1d100 ⇒ 75

Tural returns to the party, completely rested for the night. He sits down cross legged in the midst of everyone and concentrates on the spell. Ghostly forms swirl around and through him as the spell takes effect.
"Fathers and mothers before me. I have a question."
He looks at Weiss and Corven in turn, asking his question to the spirits aloud.
"These two wish to join our quest, to join our group and our cause. Have you any advice on the matter, have you encountered such a situation before?"

@GM have my grandparents been in such an odd group before? :P


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Tural feels a gentle tug at the sides of his head, swaying it from left to right. His mouth opens of its own volition and a a whispered "No..." escapes his mouth. "Not before..."

His head's slowly pulled back, his eyes now staring at the ceiling. "We think... their hearts are good..."

Tural's head bobs forward, his gaze now toward the floor. "Their presence is no coincidence... It was planned..."

With a shock, Tural's pulled upright. "It is good... Go together..."

There are no more whispers, and Tural feels the spirits' presence fade.


(HP 83/83 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:19 | DR5/magic | Fire resistance 10 | Electricity/Cold/Acid resistance 5 | CMB:5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+7 | Will:+15 | Init:+8 | Perc:+25 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 9/9 min | Beastshape 9/9 min

Tural blinks as the presence fades, feeling oddly empty inside.
"Well... I think we have our answer."
He holds out his hand to Corven and Weiss in turn, his rough wooden skin scraping their hands as he shakes them.
"Now what, we need some supplies and information in the morning. After that we head off I assume?"


M CG Halfling Cleric of Cayden Cailean/10 (HP 83/83) | AC:29 | T:16 | FF: 26 | CMB: +7 | CMD:22 | Fort: +12 | Ref: +9 | Will:+16 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 40 ft.

Corven shakes Tural's hand and says "I can probably help you with your possession issues if you'd like."


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

You all go to sleep in whatever place you prefer in Harse, Allyph offering beds to anyone who doesn't wish to sleep outside or at the inn. The next morning the entire group, Allyph included, follows Vencarlo to his acquaintances at a nearby ranch.

Some distance north from Harse along the Sarwin River, a moderately-sized horse ranch sits comfortably in the cleft of two low hills topped with small copses of fir trees. This is Blackbird Ranch.

"The ranch is owned by Jasan, a friend of mine. He lives here with his wife and children," Vencarlo tells you during the walk, "and, since a while ago, Trinia."

When you arrive at Blackbird Ranch, a barrel-chested man greets you as if you were long-lost family members. "Well hello! Good to finally meet you, my friends! Name's Jasan!"

Although the meeting is good-natured, and Jasan’s booming voice and ready grin are infectious, it's apparent that Vencarlo and Neolandus
remain nervous.

"It's good to see you," Vencarlo tells the big man, "but let's take this inside, shall we?"

"Yes, yes, of course! Come join us for lunch!" Jasan responds, and leads you inside.

A young, blonde woman descends the stairs into the hallway as you enter the ranch. Her eyes turn bright when she recognizes some of your faces. "It's you!" Trinia jumps down the remaining steps to greet and hug those she's met before. "It's so good to see you again!"


(HP 83/83 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:19 | DR5/magic | Fire resistance 10 | Electricity/Cold/Acid resistance 5 | CMB:5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+7 | Will:+15 | Init:+8 | Perc:+25 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 9/9 min | Beastshape 9/9 min

"It's been a while hasn't it?"
Tural says, greeting Trinia in a warm embrace.
"Jasan, it would be a pleasure! Some lunch will do us good."
He responds in his own booming voice, grinning at the man. As he steps inside he ducks to not bang his head on the door frame and waits for Trinia of Jasan to lead the way.


Crypt of the Everflame | Season 0 run

Jasan leads you straight to the dining room, where you sit down and are treated to a hearty lunch. There's plenty to eat, ranging from crispy bread to sausages, mushrooms, and eggs. After you've all eaten your fill, Jasan invites you all to join him in his basement. "I brew beer there! The finest in the whole region, I daresay! But don't tell anyone, or they'll all come over to have some! Bwahaha!"

You follow Jasan to his basement, Trinia tagging along. There Jasan lets you taste some of his beers, which are indeed very good.

"I didn't want to trouble my family, but I have a feeling this isn't just a friendly visit," Jasan says in a serious and more quiet voice, once you've all had the opportunity to drink some. "Tell me, what's going on?"

Neolandus steps forward and informs Jasan of all that's transpired and that you plan to head into the Cinderlands, where the Shoanti live.

"Awful timing," Jasan mutters. "Word is the Sklar-Quah, largest of the Shoanti tribes, is preparing for war. They say the tribe plans to attack Korvosa and her holdings, to reclaim the Shoanti's ancestral homelands."

"Of all the Shoanti tribes, it has been the Skoan-Quah who have been most open to talk of peace between Korvosa and the tribes," Neolandus responds. " Until recently, a large number of Skoan- Quah ambassadors dwelt near Korvosa, and peace talks between our factions were slowly but surely heading in the right direction. I recall one old shaman in particular as being level-headed and friendly, a man named Thousand Bones. One of the last things I tried before the Arkonas got hold of me was to arrange a meeting with the old shaman, but unfortunately, shortly after an event involving one of the Shoanti braves during the riots in Korvosa, the Shoanti abandoned Korvosa."

Neolandus shakes his head. "Thousand Bones and his people returned to a place east of Kaer Maga in the Cinderlands, known as the Kallow Mounds. I fear their reports on the tumult and chaos in Korvosa very likely fueled the neighboring tribe’s preparations for war, as the Sklar-Quah aren't likely to let a wounded enemy recover."

To refresh your minds: most of you met Thousand Bones in this post. You found the dismembered body of his son, including still twitching dead arm, and delivered it to Cressida in this post.


(HP 83/83 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:19 | DR5/magic | Fire resistance 10 | Electricity/Cold/Acid resistance 5 | CMB:5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+7 | Will:+15 | Init:+8 | Perc:+25 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 9/9 min | Beastshape 9/9 min

"Then we should make haste."
Tural says at the end of the story.
"Let's seek out Thousand Bones, maybe he can help us."


M CG Halfling Cleric of Cayden Cailean/10 (HP 83/83) | AC:29 | T:16 | FF: 26 | CMB: +7 | CMD:22 | Fort: +12 | Ref: +9 | Will:+16 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 40 ft.

"If you don't mind me interjecting, it sounds like we just need to meet with this...Thousand Bones, explain the situation and get his help, then stop another tribe of Shoanti from attacking Korvosa. Cayden's arshe, that's a tall order!" says Corven as he takes a sip from his flask.

"You all are from Korvosa. Any of you know this Thousand Bones?"


UnRogue 10 (Relic Hunter) HP 73/73
Stats:
AC:23 | T:17 | FF:17 | (+3 vs traps/haunts) | CMB: +13 | CMD:24 (+4 DT) | Fort:+8 | Ref:+16 (+3 vs traps) | Will:+6 | +3 vs curses/haunts | Init:+6 | Perc: +24 (+5 vs traps/haunts, +3 vs surprise) | Speed: 30 ft.

Not able to properly follow all of what they're talking about, Weiss has the sense to keep her mouth shut and her mind busily taking notes. Corven has the right of it--there was a war they needed to stop, and conveniently they'd find out about the information they needed while they were there.

She just hopes it won't be off of a bunch of Sklar-Quah corpses. That would be... unpleasant.

She'll just wait to hear what the others might know before chiming in.


(HP 83/83 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:19 | DR5/magic | Fire resistance 10 | Electricity/Cold/Acid resistance 5 | CMB:5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+7 | Will:+15 | Init:+8 | Perc:+25 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 9/9 min | Beastshape 9/9 min

Tural nods, seeming lost in thought for a moment.
"We do know him, not the most pleasant encounter. We brought him back his dismembered grandson. To make a long story short, the boy was beaten and used for god knows what."
He glances out the window and continues.
"We should find Thousand Bones fast, he seemed really reasonable even though his grandson was killed. If anyone might aid this situation it might be him."
The tree man grabs his bag and nods, signalling that he is ready. he turns to Weiss and Corven.
"Before we head off, since the spirits said you were destined, I want to add you to the group. It will take only a moment."
He moves over to Corven and grabs his head in his hands. Tural closes his eyes and concentrates for a moment. Corven suddenly feels Tural's mind press against his, trying to make some sort of connection.
After finishing with Corven he does the same to Weiss.

Before everyone is ready he makes sure everyone's wards are in place and maxed out.

Should you accept Tural, then you are added to his life link circle! Everyone get's a battle ward cast on him. Since we are a higher level the battle ward is now +4 AC


M CG Halfling Cleric of Cayden Cailean/10 (HP 83/83) | AC:29 | T:16 | FF: 26 | CMB: +7 | CMD:22 | Fort: +12 | Ref: +9 | Will:+16 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 40 ft.

Corven nods and accepts Toral's blessing, then again offers her his flask, which Caydenites show as a blessing of their own.


UnRogue 10 (Relic Hunter) HP 73/73
Stats:
AC:23 | T:17 | FF:17 | (+3 vs traps/haunts) | CMB: +13 | CMD:24 (+4 DT) | Fort:+8 | Ref:+16 (+3 vs traps) | Will:+6 | +3 vs curses/haunts | Init:+6 | Perc: +24 (+5 vs traps/haunts, +3 vs surprise) | Speed: 30 ft.

I see that it's a deflection bonus, so... Temp AC: 26/20/20

Feeling sure that whatever Tural was trying wasn't mindreading since they would have done that earlier, she allows it without issue.

"It's good that you know him, though the circumstances are... less so." She takes up her bag as well, standing at her full (albeit lacking) height as the second shortest person in the party.

"I am ready to set out when you are."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Accepting of course.

Weiss wrote:
It's good that you know him, though the circumstances are... less so.

"Indeed. Nobody should have to suffer what he did."


You decide to head out as soon as possible, and Jasan quickly leads you to his food storage so you can stock up on whatever you need.

When you're about to set out, Trinia speaks up. "Mind if I come with you? I know I might be a bit out of my league, but... Maybe I can help you with the Shoanti? Somehow?"

It's up to you if she joins you or doesn't. She may prove useful, or she may prove to be a damsel. Who knows?


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"I'll have to go back to the children," Allyph says, sounding somewhat pained.

"I really wish there was more I could do for you, but... They need me."

She smiles wryly. "Promise me to visit me when you return from the Cinderlands. I'll try to make arrangements so I can at least visit Baer's grave with you..."


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Miss Sabor, would you mind touching this red & white ball?
We will call upon you when we need you.


(HP 83/83 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:19 | DR5/magic | Fire resistance 10 | Electricity/Cold/Acid resistance 5 | CMB:5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+7 | Will:+15 | Init:+8 | Perc:+25 | Speed 20)
spells:
PoP level 1: 2/2 | Battle spirit: 6/6 rounds | Channels 4/4 | Flight 9/9 min | Beastshape 9/9 min

Tural moves with the group to the food store but doesn't take anything. When Trinia asks to join he nods and smiles.
"You are welcome to join us, the more the merrier. And we're gonna need all the help we can get."
He turns to Allyph and nods.
"Of course we will come back. Maybe not on the way back, I do not know what will happen there and we wouldn't want to get you into trouble. But we will come back to show you the grave."


F Half-elf Arcane Trickster/3 Sorceress (Ele: Air)/4 Unchained Rogue/3 (HP 63/63 | AC:22 [+1 vs. Traps*] | T:16 [+1*] | FF:16 | CMB:6 [10 vs. Grapple/Pin] | CMD:21 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+11 [+1*] | Will:+7 [+2 Enchant] | Init:+6 | Perc:+13 [+1*; +1 to avoid surprise by foe] | Speed: 30)
Spells:
Lv1: 8/8 | Lv2: 8/8 | Lv3: 5/5 | Elemental Ray: 8/8 | Impromptu SA: 1/1

"Thank you," Allyph responds to Tural.

Waving you all goodbye, she then leaves.

1 vote for taking Trinia along. Anyone else going to react to Trinia wanting to tag along?


Human Magus 10 Hp 82/82, AC 19/15/15, F+8, R+7, W+9, Spd.30ft. CMB+8, CMD22, Perc.+2, Init+8

Denario nods, agreeing with Tural.

"Treeman is right. We'd benefit from more members in our group.
I'm curious to see what you can do in combat."


M CG Halfling Cleric of Cayden Cailean/10 (HP 83/83) | AC:29 | T:16 | FF: 26 | CMB: +7 | CMD:22 | Fort: +12 | Ref: +9 | Will:+16 | Init:+3 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 40 ft.

Corven doesn't know her at all, so he just assumes that she's another new recruit like Wiess and I.


UnRogue 10 (Relic Hunter) HP 73/73
Stats:
AC:23 | T:17 | FF:17 | (+3 vs traps/haunts) | CMB: +13 | CMD:24 (+4 DT) | Fort:+8 | Ref:+16 (+3 vs traps) | Will:+6 | +3 vs curses/haunts | Init:+6 | Perc: +24 (+5 vs traps/haunts, +3 vs surprise) | Speed: 30 ft.

"Then we have gained another companion still." Weiss comments with a smile. "That's great. There's no telling how many fires will need to be put out, by the end of it."

5,701 to 5,727 of 5,727 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.