Baldwin the Merciful's: We Be Goblins (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

We be Lick toads! We make raid!
Put the longshank s to the blade!♫ ♪♫
Burn them up from feet to head,
Mak e them hurt, then make them dead!♫
Cut the parents into ham,
Smush the babies into jam,
All the rest in pot get stewed,
We be Lick toads - you be food!
♪ ♪ ♪ ♫

A We Be Goblins Adventure Addyv'nture.


301 to 350 of 492 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Goblin Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18/15/14 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | CMB +1 CMD 15

Perc: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Zunk fails to notice anything again.

He sees the dog and his his eyes bulge with rage. He draws his punching dagger, then swiftly and silently charges to plunge his dagger into the back of it.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d3 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (6) = 11


Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

K:Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Just barely.

Intent on a surprise attack, Mogmurch is almost surprised by a patch of fungus that, out of the corner of his eye, he saw move.

Will: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14

In a rare moment of wisdom he decides to give the strange fungus a wide berth before moving forward. Or if that doesn't work he can burn it.

If I can get around it I will but if that isn't possible I will lob an alchemists fire.

Alchemist's fire: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Damage (Fire): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Evil GM

Mog your earlier 3 perception check made it where you didn't notice that you actually scaled the wall and are right next to the mold. So if you move it will have an AOO.

Mog knows:

It has a slam attack and a couple interesting abilities.

Camouflage (Ex)
As a slime mold at rest looks like a normal patch of fungus, a DC 20 Perception check is required to notice it before it attacks for the first time. Anyone with ranks in Survival or Knowledge (nature) can use either of those skills instead of Perception to notice the plant.

Engulf (Ex)
A slime mold can try to wrap a Small or smaller creature in its body as a standard action. The slime mold attempts a grapple that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. If it wins the check, it establishes a hold and deals slam damage each round the hold is maintained. Attacks that hit an engulfing slime mold deal half their damage to the monster and half to the engulfed victim.

Disease (Ex)
Fungal rot: Slam—injury; save Fort DC 11; onset 1 day; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Con damage and 1d3 Str damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based. Fungal rot causes a darkening of the skin and small patches of fungus and mold to sprout at random locations on the victim's body.


M Dog Guard

Just as Scabtongue was about to lunge at Burner, Zunk slides his dagger into the flea infested creatures throat, killing it.


Evil GM

mold slime initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
It goes at the end of the round.


Male Goblin Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18/15/14 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | CMB +1 CMD 15

Zunk stands over his kill victoriously. "Zunk-dog-killer is best."


Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

"Uh. Nice mold?" Headless of the consequences Mog jumps away and tosses the fire anyway.


Evil GM

Mog jumps and the mold strikes out,

AOO, slam: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

plus disease fort save DC 11

Disease (Ex):

Fungal rot: Slam—injury; save Fort DC 11; onset 1 day; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Con damage and 1d3 Str damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based. Fungal rot causes a darkening of the skin and small patches of fungus and mold to sprout at random locations on the victim's body.

it missed.


Evil GM

Mog's alch fire smashes and burns the oozy goo away killing it.


Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

Stupidly he heads back up to make sure the job is done then moves across he roof once again to get into an advantageous position.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 = 18


Male Goblin Cleric 1, Hp: 8/8, Initiative: +2, Perception +2, CMB: +0, CMD: 12

Biter froze when he made eye contact with the barking menace. Unable to do more than blink before the much quicker Zunk had already lunged forward with a lethal strike.

He let go of the ladder and moved past the beast and Zunk, having noticed the door it was guarding.
"Dog is lucky you got to it first. Would have felt far more pain by me."

Moving to A-9, and opening door.


Male Goblin Bard 1; HP 10/10; AC 17 T 13 FF 15; Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2; Init +6; Per +8; CMB -1; CMD 11; Spd 30 ft.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Sparque is still recovering from falling off the plank, and comes to the party very late. He only just manages to see Zunk end the dog, and Mog lob fire. The little goblin climbs down the short ladder to the deck and casually glances at the dead dog, from distance. He juts his chin toward Mog.

"Why you throwing fire?"

Move Action: Move to B6 in support of Burn.


Evil GM

Sparque out of the corner of you eye you notice that the fire hits something that shrivels up and burns away...it looks like some fungus. Perhaps Mog hungry, cook'n fuud.


Evil GM

Updated Decking Maps

Two rickety wooden platforms—crow’s nests—sit on the masts, ten feet above the ship’s deck below. Each is linked by a pair of thick ropes, and additional ropes hang down from the platform on the stern-most mast to the deck.

Everyone can hear one more beastly hounds yapping away on the ship, it seems to be doing from the rear of the ship.

Mog:

You are on a small roof there is chimney there that is wafting out smoke through small somewhat clogged openings. There is ladder going down to the main deck where your fearless goblin horde is located. You also notice large posts extending into the air (masts).

Zunk and Freigaar:

from your position you notice a ladder going down there also a large post (mast) in the rear of the ship. I need you to make a perception check.

Burner and Sparque:

Sparque fearlessly follows Burner, letting your companion put himself in harms way first.

Burner turns the rusty nob on the door when suddenly a massive from your POV hellhound's at least that's what it looks to your bulbous eyes jaws of death snap at you.

Cuddles, bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
*Just barely missing the flat footed goblin!


Evil GM

Initiative:

burn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Mog: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Freigaar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
zunk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
sparque: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

cuddles: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
tickletooth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Initiative Order:
Mog
Cuddles
Freigaar
zunk
Sparque
Burner
Tickletooth


Evil GM

Burner and Sparque:

Burner and Sparque besides the menacing terror in the doorway you do see the following:

This room is a blood-splattered chamber of horror. Dead rodents, snakes, and birds have been variously nailed, tied, and hung around the walls. At the far end of the room, a large cauldron bubbles over an iron stove set against the aft wall, its stovepipe chimney extending up through the ceiling. A bloody burlap sack sits on the floor next to the stove. The center of the room contains a long, rickety table surrounded by chairs that contain several grisly decorations—a whole family of skeletal goblins, their bones bleached white and bound together by reeds and twine.


Male Goblin Bard 1; HP 10/10; AC 17 T 13 FF 15; Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2; Init +6; Per +8; CMB -1; CMD 11; Spd 30 ft.

Sparque reacts somewhat badly to the vision(s) in front of him, almost crumpling under the tyranny of imagined pain, abject fear, unrepentant suffering, mild confusion, unbridled terror and an immediate and powerful urge to vacate various orifices.

"Ehrmagerblin..." he murmurs under his breath, stepping back a bit to stick his spear in with a deep thrust...and put distance between himself and ... things... with predictable results...

Spork!!!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 [+1 size]
Krfffftshpl!!!: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Goblin Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18/15/14 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | CMB +1 CMD 15

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Evil GM

Zunk and Freigaar perception DC 14 and above:

You notice ANOTHER vicious dog chained to teh mast below your deck, it's partially hidden...undoubtedly being sneaky...using the mast as cover.


Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

Not knowing of more danger that is lurking around on the ship, Mogmurch slithers over to the chimney to peer down, rather stupidly, and snuff the wafting odors.

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 To identify the odor.

Is the chimney big enough for a goblin to fit through?


Male Goblin Cleric 1, Hp: 8/8, Initiative: +2, Perception +2, CMB: +0, CMD: 12

Once past the initial shock of seeing the room and being attacked, he shrugged held out his hand to strike back with fire.

burn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
burn: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Human Warpriest (cult leader) of Besmara 7 / HP 52 of 52 / F+6 R+6 W+9 / AC 23.19.15 / Init. +4 / Perc +12

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

As usual, Freigaar doesn't notice anything strange, his attention deficit leading him to walk around the ship deck looking at the top of mast, wondering if that would be too hard to climb. Although he hears the yapping in the back, he figures that Burn and Zunk, being the mighty dog killers that they are, will deal with the canine monster; plus, he can't get to the beast, that hides mischievously in another room. Freigaar just strolls along to the stairs by the end of the deck, chewing on the tip of his greatxe.

Move to O23. If at any point he can see the other dog, he still has enough movement left to get to the dog and attack.


Evil GM

Freigaar there is ladder down the deck below if you are interested.


Human Warpriest (cult leader) of Besmara 7 / HP 52 of 52 / F+6 R+6 W+9 / AC 23.19.15 / Init. +4 / Perc +12

Freigaar climbs down the ladder.


M Dog Guard
Freigaar Stingtooth wrote:
Freigaar climbs down the ladder.

Freigaar you use your standard action to climb down the ladder. You notice the large mast there is a rusty chain wrapped around it, and the source of the woofing is attached to the chain.


Evil GM

Mog you smell roasted flesh and turnips, a hint of rosemary. If the chimney was unclogged a goblin could slither down.

Burner's attack missed Cuddles

Initiative Order:
Mog - his on top of the roof sniffing around
Cuddles - missed biting at burner
Freigaar - climbs down the ladder
zunk
Sparque -missed
Burner - missed his attack
Tickletooth


Male Goblin Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18/15/14 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | CMB +1 CMD 15

I think I need to move twice to get close, correct? If so I'll do that.


Evil GM

yes. Are you heading down the ladder to follow Freigaar?


Male Goblin Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18/15/14 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | CMB +1 CMD 15

Yup.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

What could unclog a chimney? A broom? I chimney sweep? No, those take too much time. A bomb? Yes! A bomb should do it. Mogmurch retrieves one of his special bombs and drops it down the chimney and watches it until it hits the cauldron. He then dives away for the explosion.


M Dog Guard

RD 1: tickletooth

The fierce dog lunges for Friedaar as soon as the goblins toes it the decking.

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14;damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

but's it maw closes without goblin flesh.


Evil GM

RD 2:

Initiative Order:

Mog -
Cuddles -
Freigaar -
zunk
Sparque -
Burner -
Tickletooth

I'll update the map from home, we I get a chance.


Evil GM

Update Map

Upper deck with Mog

Mog you are up, what are you going to push doen the chimney for the boom?
I also need to you roll potential damage dice and a d100 dice please.


Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d100 ⇒ 42

If it clears he will attempt to go down. Otherwise he will make his way to the eastern edge and see what all the hub bub is about.


Evil GM

Mog what did you send down the chimney?


Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

A bomb


Human Warpriest (cult leader) of Besmara 7 / HP 52 of 52 / F+6 R+6 W+9 / AC 23.19.15 / Init. +4 / Perc +12

Freigaar brandishes his axe screaming at the evil dog, outraged by its attempt to kill him. "Dog not bite Freigaar! How dare dog! Freigaar teaches dog not to bite Freigaar... Blagabakcthu'luwagaaakaa!" Drooling all over Scaggy the dog, Freigaar brings down his weapon, empowered by its mighty goblin rage.

Free action - enter rage
Melee Atk (greataxe): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Evil GM

The bomb that Mog shoved down the chimney clanks off the cauldron and rolls into the room before exploding, shaking some of the bones and items within the room.

30%: 1d100 ⇒ 15

the caudron of liquid itself flies off the sand and topples onto the ground, within it, an arm, foot and femur bone slides on the floor.

Cuddles takes 4 HPs of damage, Burner you take 1 HP of bomb damage.

burner make reflex 10 save or take 1 HP of burning stew damage from the toppled cauldron.

cuddles stew damage save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
* cuddles took 1 Hp of boiling stew damage.

Mog there a puff of smoke that exits the top of the chimney but it still looks clogged to you.


M Dog Guard

RD 2: Cuddles

The angry dog tries to take a chunk out of goblin in front of him (burner).

bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18;daamge: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Evil GM

RD 2: update

Initiative Order:

Mog - bomb down chimney
Cuddles - bit and downed burner 12 HP
Freigaar - killed Tickletooth
zunk
Sparque -
Burner -
Tickletooth -- dead


Male Goblin Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 18/15/14 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | CMB +1 CMD 15

Ugh. Zunk will head back up to help with the other dog.

Zunk grumbles at all the unnecessary exercise.


Male Goblin Cleric 1, Hp: 8/8, Initiative: +2, Perception +2, CMB: +0, CMD: 12

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Burn teeth Biter jumps aside from the spillage of the boiling stew, but unfortunately he is instead torn into by the vengeful teeth of the angered beast. The savage bite into his neck has him lose consciousness immediately.

Down at -5. Unconscious.


Male Goblin Bard 1; HP 10/10; AC 17 T 13 FF 15; Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2; Init +6; Per +8; CMB -1; CMD 11; Spd 30 ft.

Sparque shrieks loudly as Burn crumples - partly in fear, partly in an attempt to call his tribe mates.

Unable to make use of magic that might destroy the creature, and not knowing whether any chant he begins will end not by air escaping from a second mouth formed in his neck by a monstrous canine, Sparque reverts to primal instinct, and stabs at the thing again with his trusty longspear instead….

"Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!"

Schwipp!!!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 [+1 size]
Shtang!!!: 1d6 ⇒ 2

With about as much success. Sparque pales visibly.

"Niiiice doggie!!??!!" he whispers in the face of the slavering jaws….


An image of Chief Gutwad settles in Burner's unconsciousness. "You play dead guud, Cuddles bad dog."


Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

"Aw." Mogmurch is a little disappointed that the bomb doesn't clear the chimney or at least destroy it. He, instead, walks over to the edge of the cabin and peers over the side. "What's going...hello doggie," he says, a little amused by Burner's predicament.


Evil GM

RD 3:

Initiative Order:

Mog -
Cuddles -
Freigaar -
zunk
Sparque -
Burner - unconscious -5 HP
Tickletooth -- dead


Male Goblin Alchemist: 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC:17 T:15 FF:13 | CMB +0 | CMD:12 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will:-1 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3

Didn't see that Burner went down.

Mogmurch, seeing the fall of one his own, does not get angry or sad. Instead a weird, happy grin spreads across his face and he slowly backs away from the edge. He hunkers low to watch what happens with the dogs.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17

He takes no other actions other than to hide and watch.


M Dog Guard

RD 2: Cuddles

The dog dashes through the open door bounding over the fallen goblin and bites at Sparque. Sparque you get an AOO on cuddles.

bite chew and gnaw the goblin flesh: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Update map

confirm crit:

bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Whew!!!


Male Goblin Cleric 1, Hp: 8/8, Initiative: +2, Perception +2, CMB: +0, CMD: 12

Scary thing is that these are just the surrounding encounters, the Goblin cannibal hasn't shown her face yet. Although Cuddles seems like an Animal companion.


Male Goblin Bard 1; HP 10/10; AC 17 T 13 FF 15; Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2; Init +6; Per +8; CMB -1; CMD 11; Spd 30 ft.

Sparque tries to leap both backwards and up at the same time, as well as making his spear do an impromptu impersonation of a pole vaulter's pole in an attempt to stick Cuddles in the shoulder, or head, or nether region. Anywhere, in the blink of an onrushing pair of canine eyes.

AoO

Schokt!!!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 [+1 size]
Skoffp!!!: 1d6 ⇒ 1

…and completely misses a fetid hairsbreadth before Cuddles chomps down on Sparque's tasty tasty shoulder. With predictable results.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!"

Wow! Nice rolls. Lucky you rolled minimum damage, AND didn't confirm. Must be the lucky red slippers shining through…

301 to 350 of 492 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's: We Be Goblins! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.