Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


12,751 to 12,800 of 26,346 << first < prev | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | next > last >>

Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea gives Truk the crowbar from the stash (+2 to check)

Off to work


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

I was trying break the lock, not sunder it. Is that not possible?

If it's not breakable:

Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19


Evil GM

Truk rams the gate and breaks the lock, there is a high pitched creaking when one of the two large gates opens 2 feet. The other gate still has the locking pin firmly in the cobbled ground. Fortunately, the surf crashing on land muffles the sound.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia give Truk a congratulatory smack on the ass. "Good hit there Trouble. Now, who wants to go in first?"

Lucrezia peers about carefully as she checks to see if the noise and open gate have alerted any sort of 'watch dogs'.

perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk beams with pride at his success and stands a little taller at Lucrezia's touch.

"Quick, get inside everyone. I want to shut the gate as much as possible behind us. With some luch, passerby's won't know someone's been inside", he warns.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Does anyone have any lamp oil to spill on the hinges? Andrea move inside with the others and keeps her Detect Magic up, gazing on the path to the front door.
Remember we have the key ring from the Wavedoor that can help us get in.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm focuses on the magic auras on the path. 3rd round.


Evil GM

Grimm the third round reveals that the path's aura's are every 10 feet is faint. The auras off the path are scattered haphazardly with no rhyme or reason but they are moderate in strength.

You can make Know-arcana for the items in your line of sight to determine the school.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea will scan along with Grimm. Faelyn, perhaps you can identify the auras as we move close to the building?

Andrea keeps concentrating at least 3 rounds as she moves with Grimm.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm leads them around the magic pockets.
Step where I step. Probably some nasty surprises in those magic spots


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Know arcana 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Grimm leads them to the door.


Evil GM

Grimm you have no idea of the school of magic being used with the aura's.


Evil GM

As Zizmort flies for 3 RDs, he does not see a spell being cast on top of the wall, nor the exterior of the wall.

---


Evil GM
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
Faelyn can fly over or blink to the top and then blink over.

What did you ultimately decide to do?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

So, We have a keyring that might open the front door. Lucrezia, would you be able to have a look at the door to double-check it?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception to look over the door for traps: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Evil GM

Unless you are making a mad dash to the porch your only a few feet inside the gate.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

My mistake.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
Faelyn can fly over or blink to the top and then blink over.
What did you ultimately decide to do?

Me and Zizmore followed the crowd. The Spellcraft rolls were in response to the people who told me to roll.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

In that case just use that roll for Lucrezia looking about as they walk, still keeping an eye out for any mundane traps or normal hazards associated with abandoned property.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

I was under the impression that Grimm was leading the way in and we were following him.

Are we waiting on someone?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

As I see it, Grimm and Andrea are concentrating for auras along the path and pointing them out. Lucrezia is looking around for any possible attacks, Faelyn and Ziz are probably going to try to identify the auras. The others are following behind us as we move up.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Yeah I saw that but if we haven't discovered anything new why are we still standing around?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Let us move up then. Grim is out with family and he asked to be botted as needed.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Arcana: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +12; AC 22; hp 28/28; Fast Healing 2; Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +8 DR 5/good or silver; Immune fire, poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10

Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Evil GM
Truk'tosh wrote:
Yeah I saw that but if we haven't discovered anything new why are we still standing around?

I think everyone is waiting on me to get back online. I mentioned that I would sporadic tonight and that unless there was a mad dash it's a slow process getting up the path. I'm not going to be on the rest of the night.

The order that I have:
Grimm and Andrea leading detecting magic.
Lucrezia looking for traps
Zizmort and Faelyn following detecting magic and aura's
Truk
John and Orsin
Fluer


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Works for me


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk follows along as patiently as he can.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Order looks good to me. :)


Evil GM

The group has progressed steadily up the walkway, presumably avoiding the spaced magical areas. Grimm and Andrea are 30 feet from the porch.

Andrea and Grimm need to make perception check at minus 2, since they are concentrating on their detect magic spell. Lucrezia can make perception check at minus 4 since she is trailing behind looking for traps.

Zizmort and Faelyn realize the magic on the walkway, every ten feet, is evocation. Their spellcraft was high enough to notice a slight change, as a spell begins to emanate, from the small embedded auras in the middle of the walkway.

faelyn:
The magic auras lining the walkway begin to glow softly with a weakened light spell, as the sunlight begins to diminish.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Evil GM

Andrea:
I'm waiting for Grimm and Lucrezia reply before I disclose. You see something but lets see how they roll first.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 4 = 31


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Grimm steadily paces towards the door like a sniffer dog. Meandering to avoid the possible hazards.


Evil GM

Lucrezia, Andrea and Grimm Only:
You all notice that there is no grout in the upcoming section of the walkway right where Grimm and Andrea are about to step. You each realize that it's a pressure plate of some sort and it extends the entire 10 foot width of the path.

Andrea and GrimmOnly:
You also notice there is an aura of magic on either side of the pathway, near the the pressure plate. That it will be difficult if not impossible to step off the pathway at this point. You think you may be able to backtrack and then try to weave off the path the bypass the area but you are not certain.

Faelyn and Zizmort only:
You see that there is a stronger aura of evocation magic lining both sides of the pathway right where Andre and Grimm have stopped walking.

Edit: Andre and Grimm I did a minor edit in the spoiler to you.


Evil GM

Truk, Orisin, John, and Fluer the others in front suddenly stop.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Whoa. Hold up. Pressure plate. Magic either side O the path. We can either backtrack a ways an go right round or try an go over the plate. Faelyn, ye got any spell handy fer getting everyone across?


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk grows alarmed at the stop.

"Can't you break it or something?"

Can it be disabled?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia examines the pressure plate, trying to figure out if it is possible for her to disable it somehow.

"I can look at it for a minute and let you know. Though I wonder if we could all just jump over it?"

Lucrezia gives a doubtful glance over at the stout dwarf when she mentions jumping.

perception for trap 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
disable 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27


Evil GM

Luzrezia switches position with Andrea to get a better look a plate, she sees its a pressure plate for mechanical trap. She is able to disable the plate by sliding a small piece of metal on the two sides to keep it from pressing down - or so she believes.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Wow, leave for a bit and we almost get hammered!

Andrea points out the pressure plate with the others. Faelyn, Grimm, would you be able to try to identify what type of spell is on either side of the walkway? If Lucrezia is unable to disable it, at least we can protect ourselves if possible.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, I think I got it disabled, but we'd best only have one person on this section of the walk at a time just to be sure. Who wants to test it out first?"


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"I trust your work Beautiful. I'll go first."

Truk carefully follows the path pointed out to him and tries the plate.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

From what I can tell, it is just light spells lining the walkway.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm stands aside for the big Half-Orc.


Evil GM

Truk edges up and carefully step on the plate Oh Please hold my weight. It does and he moves forward getting passed the slightly raised plate.

Make a perception check


Evil GM

Faelyn there are magic auras on the side of the pathway these are stronger evocation auras, but you don't know what they are. The magical aura is not in the process of being cast. Nor are they tangible and capable of being examined as an item. These are unlike what you discovered on the walk way, the evocation spell(s) on the walkway are coming from small glowing pebbles embedded in the walk way. Those pebbles are emitting soft light every 10 feet with the setting sun.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Looks safe to me," Orsin chimes.

Lol, this character is useless in dungeons. Give me something to lie to, sing at, or vomit on and I'll be in business. ~_^


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:


Lol, this character is useless in dungeons. Give me something to lie to, sing at, or vomit on and I'll be in business. ~_^

You'll be vomiting soon enough. LoL This is a 4 level complex that will take some time to get through.

12,751 to 12,800 of 26,346 << first < prev | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.