Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


12,951 to 13,000 of 26,346 << first < prev | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Are you touching the tub with your inspection Lucrezia?

There is another door opposite the one you entered.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Geez, I bet it's pissed off being stuck here this whole time then."

Not touching the tub or the symbols, but I am touching the walls and furniture.

it that other door locked?


F Undead Erinyes NPC
John Deos wrote:

"This must be the spa Khazrae mentioned, which means there is a water elemental trapped in here."

[dice=Knowledge panes on water elemental]1d20+12

"Ohhhhhh, he listens too. Bet my voice rings in his helm." She giggles, "This is where the water elemental lived when I was here. He was friendly then but by looks of things he hasn't had company in the water for a few years."


Evil GM

Lucrezia, You don't see see atything else.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

In that case...

Not finding anything else in this room, Lucrezia opens up the double doors to see what is in the next room.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"You interested in keeping him company", Truk asks with a laugh.

"If there's nothing else in here, lets keep moving."


M Dwarf Witchhunter16, Init +7, Percep+13, HP140/140 AC31/18/28+4 w/Judge+4SHIELD ,Save F17/R11/W17+4 Spells/Poison, +4 w/Know Def, +4 w/Judge , CMD+31+39vsTrip, 35Bullrush
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Grimm you realize that the runes on the pool’s edge are those of a permanent magical seal.

The runes are a permanent magic seal. Most like that's how they keep the elemental bound. Or they could be a trigger to wake im up. Wouldn't touch them or the pool. Check anywhere else ye like. I'll look fer magic again.

Cast Detect Magic and scan room for 3 rounds


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea stays away from the pool .Right. Very lonely elemental who no doubt has gone batty from the isolation, best let it lie.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

"A pity we are not in a position to offer it the freedom it now probably craves." Shadow says quietly.

"Mz Khazrae? Would you be able to communicate with the creature?" She asks.

'Better the free'd friend behind you than the trapped terror, yes?"

baldwin the merciful wrote:
Fluer you don't notice bringing up the rear.

I was hoping more to notice things coming up to attack the behind the party. Not to notice things in front of the party. (^_~)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"The elemental will ok for another day while we make sure this place is secure. We wouldn't want to be busy dealing with it and having something else sneak up and bite us on our asses."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17
.Shadow. wrote:

"A pity we are not in a position to offer it the freedom it now probably craves." Shadow says quietly.

"Mz Khazrae? Would you be able to communicate with the creature?" She asks.

'Better the free'd friend behind you than the trapped terror, yes?"

baldwin the merciful wrote:
Fluer you don't notice bringing up the rear.
I was hoping more to notice things coming up to attack the behind the party. Not to notice things in front of the party. (^_~)

There are spells that can dismiss creatures from other planes but it is beyond me right now. So we can deal with it once we have checked out the areas, we still don'tknow if the Shadowbeasts can enter this place.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

If needed:
disable in case the doors are locked 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Perception to look into the next room 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


F Undead Erinyes NPC

Turning to the elf,"Hey sweetie...unless you haven't noticed I've my own problems going on."


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

Shadow ignores the lantern's reply and returns to watching out for flanking/rear attacks.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Also, there's a weird mental image. How exactly does/can she turn? Have her ears become 'dextrous', like a Vargoules? :/


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea gives Lucrezia the key ring she got from the Wavedoor.

These will probably help.


Evil GM

The door opens up to a long hallway.

A wooden hanging rope bridge connects the upper story of the north and south lodge towers, overlooking a weed-choked courtyard below

MAP

What are you doing.


M Dwarf Witchhunter16, Init +7, Percep+13, HP140/140 AC31/18/28+4 w/Judge+4SHIELD ,Save F17/R11/W17+4 Spells/Poison, +4 w/Know Def, +4 w/Judge , CMD+31+39vsTrip, 35Bullrush

Not to be a stein is half empty guy but should Shadow take this first? She don't weigh nothin


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

We best check out the bridge for anything House Thrune did before they left.

Andrea gets her light crossbow ready.


Evil GM
.Shadow. wrote:

Shadow ignores the lantern's reply and returns to watching out for flanking/rear attacks.

That was funny...the lantern's reply...

Faelyn has her head on a one of those spinning spice rack thingies."


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Is Shadow going to cross first?


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

*Nods* (^_^) Happy to be of help.

At Grimm's suggestion Shadow nods he assent and checks out the rope of the bridge before looking for a spare length of rope amongst the party.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18(Checking for traps and the general 'safety' of said bridge)

We have a spare length of rope, yes?

"Of course...We could always back track down to ground level and simply walk across the...um..court yard?" Shadow does also suggest an alternative.

Once secured with a second rope, Shadow is ready to cross.

And awaiting the DM's reply on just how safe said bridge seem to be. (^_~)


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Lots of rope. Andrea has enough rope for plenty of positions.


Evil GM

Fluer you don't see any obvious traps on, or about the bridge, but you note it is old and there are signs of decay.

I tend to refer to you as Fluer since there have been Shadows to battle.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

*Nods*

Shadow walks cautiously, gracefully and unafraid out across the rope bridge.

Assuming she makes it to the other side.

She stops and secures her 'anchor rope' to the far side and returns.

"If we add a few more of our own ropes to this bridge it should become safe enough for every one to cross." She glances to the fully armored Knight in their ranks.

Will Shadow's 'Escape Artist" skill be useful in securing ropes? Or some one else' skills, perhaps?


Evil GM

Fluer the wooden rope bridge creaks and when you are nearly two-thirds across M17 you hear the telltale sound of snapping ropes providing you 6 seconds to make a decision and take 1 action.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

"Bugger..."

Shadow grabs her 'safety' line and prepares to swing down, into the building she's just left.

"Drop and roll.....Drop and roll..." She whispers as (Witth a definite 'snap') said rope bridge gives way and she swings back on her 'safety-rope'.

Ref Save:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9(+2 for high Acrobatics Skill)


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I think you just need to run back to us or run to the other side, your choice. The falling part kicks in if you stay.


Evil GM

Fluer you grab the rope preparing for the swing then you realize you have more rope than height. The ground approaches fast.

You can make acroDC 15 skill to avoid the first 10 feet of damage..

3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) = 9.

Reduce the damage by 4 pts if you make the acro skill check.


Evil GM

The sound of twang can be heard by the others. The ropes snap and the sound wooden debris hitting the ground follows.


Evil GM

What are the rest of you going to do when the bridge collapses.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia pulls out her bow and covers the area around shadow with it as she yells: "Start pulling in the rope! Those with range, be on the lookout!"

I really hope nothing comes running over until we get her pulled up...


Evil GM

Fluer Only:
You land hard in in weed choked inner courtyard. Your safely rope is tied to you but it served no assistance since you lacked the arc to swing back safely. You swing forced you into the ground.

Dozens of pillars support a wooden terrace that surrounds a weed-choked inner courtyard. Underneath the terrace, a variety of weapon racks rest against an outer stone wall, protected from the outdoor weather. In the center of the open courtyard sits a raised dais composed of a mysterious blue metal. The strange circular stage is fifty feet across.

Make a perception check.

The other members:

Only two people can view out the doorway with the collapsed bridge. Only one if they taking a position to use a bow. It's only a 5ft doorway. The weeds have choked out Fluer's image but the rope is there. You can see a raised dais composed of a mysterious blue metal.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

John, Truk! Grab the rope and help Shadow up!


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk begins reeling the rope up.


Evil GM

Fluer you suddenly feel a sharp tug on the rope before you manage to stand up, you begin to be dragged.

---
Truk, and anyone else assisting, make strength check.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Heave Ho!

Strength Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Evil GM

Fluer you feel a second massive thug that pulls you three more feet as you try to regain your footing. It feels as if you are being dragged over gravel.

make an Acro roll to stand up.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Perhaps make an acrobatics roll (+16) and a Perception roll (+12) For Fleur since things seem to be moving along. Hopefully this is ok with Fluer


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"What's down there? Do you see her?" Truk bellows as he puts his back into the effort.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Lucrezia peers down, trying to see any sign of Shadow.


Evil GM

DMPC Fluer's rolls:

perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Acro: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Fluer Only:

You hear soft giggling like children's voices.

Fluer you do not manage to regain your feet as you are being tugged my the rope.


Evil GM

Lucrezia tries to peek past Truk's straining frame. You can see the rope is taut. Fluer is trying to get back up on her feet but is being dragged by Truk.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Hold still on the rope for a minute! Shadow's conscious and trying to get to her feet."


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk glances at Lucrezia in confusion but does as he's asked and stops pulling on the length of rope.


Evil GM

DMPC Fluer.

Now that the tension has ceased on the rope she scrambles to her feet. She moves quickly back to get in position to climb up the rope.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

She is bit unsteady on her feet and makes no progress on her climb. She does get her arm wrapped solidly for the others to pull her up.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Feeling the struggling become more controlled, Truk resumes pulling.


Evil GM

Truk and anyone assisting acan make a str check.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Heave!

Strength: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea puts her back into it.
Str: 1d20 ⇒ 4

*Crk*

Ow.


Evil GM

Fluer finally makes it back up to the others. A little battered and bruised.

12,951 to 13,000 of 26,346 << first < prev | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.