Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


12,851 to 12,900 of 26,346 << first < prev | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | next > last >>

Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

That wand has a more powerful version of the Restoration miracle, so we will probably want to save it. If you have the lesser version, you might want to cast that, or I can cast it.


F Undead Erinyes NPC

Sweet meat let me see ai bit of stubble., not like my hunk -a -man faelyn.


F Undead Erinyes NPC
Andrea1 wrote:
That wand has a more powerful version of the Restoration miracle, so we will probably want to save it. If you have the lesser version, you might want to cast that, or I can cast it.

"Honey suckle...le...ttt me, take your honey spot. The halfling aint getting to the special spot up and in about an inch, her little tongue just don't reach."


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk touches the erinyes's forehead and prays.

Eternal Rose, mend whatever beauty hides inside her...

Lesser Restoration

"And since you've mentioned it, I know plenty about tongue", Truk mentions with a grin at Lucrezia. "Ask her."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Ohohohohohoho! My dear Khazrae, you are forgetting those clever fingers that just slidddeeee into those tight spaces and wriggle all around.


F Undead Erinyes NPC
Andrea1 wrote:

Ohohohohohoho! My dear Khazrae, you are forgetting those clever fingers that just slidddeeee into those tight spaces and wriggle all around.

A true woman of your whore goddess would crave multiple ways for "O" tastic times," she blushes in a mild temperament as the orc touches her head.

"That is why I'm all tongue big guy your woman cries for me." she winks


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Ha! Talk like that would get me all excited if'n ye wasn't a devilish whore. Now, Lucretia, ye feel like a little scout about, or do we all wanna go? I'd advise against staying in here by the way. It might be close to the exit but it's also in the middle of a kill area. There be multiple spots we can get attacked from an we be in the open with no choke points. An evoker would LOVE to catch us here. Or bowman on an upper level. If ye wanna rest somewhere, I'd rather our foes have to fight uphill to get us. Ye want a base. I vote upstairs in a room with few entrances.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Hmmm..I say staying apart isn't the best idea considering we have no idea what is lurking here. Considering that shadows from outside might have gotten in we should at least stay within earshot.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"I agree with 'Drea. We should stick together. There's no telling what's been living in here."

Once Khazrae's a bit more lucid, Truk shoots her a glance.

"Anything you can tell us about these next few areas?"


F Undead Erinyes NPC

You need to show me for me to describe...upstairs was fun though...;lots of bangin' up there she winks at the girls.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Did Truk's inspection of the intact painting reveal anything of interest?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea points towards the west (b3) that looks like a good area to start. How about this unslashed picture? Maybe it is of Bigby and Ilnerik.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I think we should start by going upstairs and working our way down, just to make sure nothing attacks us from behind."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Well let's get to it. Me an Truk can be the hammers, John the anvil.

Grimm sets his hammer and shield and leads of to Andrea's direction.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

John does have a point. If the pathfinders lived upstrairs, we can probably get good information about the other areas. So let us head up there.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"Than we'll make our way upstairs first. With any luck that spell cleared up Khaz's thoughts enough that she can point us towards the stairs up."

"Stick close Beautiful. This place gives me the creeps."

"Orsin, you have one of those fancy compasses. Do you have any authority in here?"


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea looks at the painting of the two hunters, wondering if it is valuable and/or magical.

Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin takes out the Wayfinder, critically studying the device for any anomalies in its typical activity.

Gotta sleep then a long shift tomorrow. I'll log on in the evening. Bot as needed. Sorry to be MIA so much lately. -_-


Evil GM

Everyone looking curiously at the remaining painting find it odd that it is there and undamaged but you really have no idea why. It doesn't show up as magical but it is a fine piece of art. Orsin is able to surmise that it depicts Donatalus Bisby and Ilnerik Sivanshen, triumphant at the
slaying of a triceratops they found in their adventures. This makes sense since there is an empty stand in the hall where a triceratops once stood.

The painting is definitely valuable artwork. It could fetch over 1000 gold to the right buyer.

Which stairway are you going up?


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Whichever is the closest that will take us upstairs. If Khaz has some insight, I'd be glad to hear it.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

It looks like the stair are equidistant from us on both out left and right, correct?
If so, Lucrezia will vote for left and insists on going first to check for traps and weak wood that would more easily break under the weight of our heavier members.
perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38


Evil GM

Both are close they are grand mirror images of each other in the entry way. They are sweeping in nature, with red carpet running down the middle of each.

They are indicated with red on the map.

MAP


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Once Lucrezia's cleared the stairs as safe, Truk will lead the way up the stairs.


F Undead Erinyes NPC

Upstairs is where the guest rooms were and the spa bath. she purrs, the warm water of the spa was pleasant there was water elemental there...he was friendly enough for being bound.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

That's what I thought. Standing by my previously posted action.


Evil GM

The stairs are made of out the finest quality oak that you've seen, it is polished with a reflection even with the years of decay. You find near the top of two loose steps. Making it difficult for the dwarf to step over both.

make DD check

This group sucks...noticing all my traps. I added the walkway lights and the pressure plate traps - you avoided. Now you suck the fun out of my stair trap by noticing it. curse you may you roll Nat 1's on your next will save.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

LOL.

Well for it's worth, if I had my way I'd blunder into all the traps. Lucrezia is too good at her job. =P


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

DD 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

I keep max ranks in this skill for a reason. :P


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

DD 1d20+16

I keep max ranks in this skill for a reason. :P

Plus it helps when the DM keeps mentioning rogue skills.

You see the steps that are designed to give way, they look like they were created after the fact. Probably by Thrune when they laid claim to the building.. You are able to find a small switch that locks the steps in place.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk tests the steps gingerly at first and then puts his full weight on them.

"Good catch Beautiful", the big orc says as he reaches the top of the stairs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm follows along after the ranger, quite impressed with her abilities.
Aye don't get dead. We'd be down a fine scout. Yer arse ain't bad neither. Times I really appreciate being short. Puts me at a better viewing angle! BWAHAHA


Evil GM

The step holds the bruisers weight while Lucrezia leads the way. The steps end on a grand landing over looking the foyer area, the mirror image steps also end on the foyer.

There is beautiful archway exiting the landing. the etching of the archway show scenes of hospitality form several cultures. There is hallway to the that is equidistant to the north and south, and immediately in front of Lucrezia is ornate wooden double door. The door is scratched, scarred and gouged from years of abuse.

UPSTAIRS


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"Well, we're already here", Truk says as he looks up and down the hallway. "Let's see what's behind these doors."

Truk will open the double doors once Lucrezia has checked them out.


Evil GM

Lucrezia to speed things up a bit make three perception and three DD roles under a spoiler for me. I will use them for the next three areas.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

I'm wit ye Truk. Too quiet round here anyway.
The dwarf sets hammer and shield but will allow Lucretia to listen/check the doors first.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea follows the group up the stairs, lightly running her fingers along the railing. This might make an excellent base for us if we can clear out any threats. A good spot for the Children of Westcrown as well.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Good idea. Got to go to the store soon anyway and that will keep from holding ya'll up. :)

Baldwin:

perception for traps 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
perception for traps 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
perception for traps 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

disable device 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
disable device 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
disable device 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

reflex saving throw if needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Oh crap, there's that 1 I was cursed with...


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Balance in all things I guess.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

Shadow pads along at the rear of the group, keeping a watchful eye upon her surroundings and ready to call out a warning should anything try and attack the rear.

Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Evil GM

The scarred double doors are not trapped, or at least Lucrezia believes that, she then steps aside for Truk and Grimm to proceed. The stout dwarf and large half-orc open the doors.

The open double doors reveal a long hallway with three closed doors on either side and an second set of double doors at the end of the hall.

UPSTAIRS


Evil GM

Fluer you don't notice bringing up the rear.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk advances down the hallways to the next set of double doors and waits for Lucrezia to examine them.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia pauses by the first closed door on the left side.

"Shall we at least peek into each of these rooms before going through the next double doors?"


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"If you want Beautiful."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia opens the door beside her and peers inside.


Evil GM

The room was once warmly furnished, this simple guest room has been left in tatters by a century of dust and neglect. The room has another door opposite the one you entered.

Upstairs revised


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"Let's take a look inside all of these", Truk suggests.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"That would be best so that we know there isn't anyone behind us. Hopefully no one would bother to trap simple guest rooms."

Lucrezia will enter the room and then try the door she sees in the room.


Evil GM

Although there are slight variations in style between the individual guest rooms, each one contains a bed, a closet, a set of drawers and an empty, unlocked, wooden trunk. These are guest rooms.

Upstairs Guest area


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

I assume there's nothing of interest inside the trunks?

"Let's backtrack a bit and check these hallways", Truk says pointing to the left and right.

12,851 to 12,900 of 26,346 << first < prev | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.