Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


12,801 to 12,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | next > last >>

Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

If we find lots of books or stuff you are our man!

Andrea edges back about 10' in case something bad happens.[


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

The big orc stands uncharacteristically still and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

We movin' what's the holdup?
Grimm shifts impatiently from foot to foot.


Evil GM

Truk you growl as you notice another grout-less raised path-stone 15 feet from the porch. Sensing its another trap.


Evil GM

As Grimm crosses the first pressure plate you can feel it shift but hold with your weight. Lucrezia's trick seems to be holding up.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk levels a beefy arm and points.

"Over there. Another trap. Can you take care of it Beautiful?"


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception to spot the trap 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
disable device 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

"I can sure give that one a try too."

After she waits her turn to cross, Lucrezia makes her way up to the new trap to examine it and then attempt to disarm it.


Evil GM

Lucrezia's body slithers between the Grimm and Truk as she begisn to wedge more metal strips to stop the pressure plate. She is satisfied with her work.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Slapping Truk on the ass, Lucrezia smiles: "Alrighty Trouble, try that one out."


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"Here we go again", Truk says as he steps onto the next pressure plate.


Evil GM

The plate shifts and gives a bit under Truk's weight but it holds. The big half-orc manages to get to the stairs leading up to the porch.

What are you doing?


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

How many stairs are we talking? Like a couple or a full flight?

Truk studies the steps and nearby porch before climbing them.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Back

Hold on a second. Faelyn,Grimm let us examine the steps, porch and door.[

Andrea concentrates her Detect Magic over the steps.

Don't forget, we have a keyring fromt he Wavedoor that can help.


Evil GM

Unfortunately, the icons did not appear on the map. But Truk and Gim are in front of 2 steps leading up to the porch.

MAP


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"There could also be some completely non-magical traps attached to the door as well. Like a trap door that opens underneath you as soon as you turn the lock or something equally ridiculous."

When she can make her way up to the door, Lucrezia will examine it before they use the key.

perception for traps 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23


Evil GM

Lucrezia you've noticed the trap so far have been non-magical.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Assuming neither his nor Lucezia's search finds anything dangerous, Truk steps up onto the porch.


Evil GM

Here is a little general information, so I don't have to repeat it.

Unless indicated otherwise, all ceilings within Delvehaven are 25 feet high and the inside of Delvehaven is unlit. During daylight hours, enough sunlight filters in on the upper floors to provide dim illumination. the group knows there is ground level, an upper level, and two basements.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Are there any windows in view? Are they open, shut or boarded up?


Evil GM

All the windows in view are boarded up...several have broken glass but they are boarded too.


Evil GM

A sagging veranda, its columns thick and mildew-spotted with age, adorns Delvehaven’s facade. Two huge oaken doors stand in the center of the veranda, a carving of a road receding into the horizon inscribed within a circle decorating each portal. A wooden placard above the doors hangs precariously from rotting joints, its face bearing an inscription.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Once up on the porch, Truk motions for the others to follow.

"Beautiful, you want to give the door a look before we try those keys Andrea mentioned?"


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Already made a roll for that.

"Sure thing Trouble."


Evil GM

The circular carving on the doors is the Pathfinder Society’s Glyph of the Open Road. The placard above presents Delvehaven’s ancient creed, written in Common:

“To liberate the Past for the knowledge of Today; to live the
maxim that fortune is earned by the bold; to prove there are no boundaries.”

These doors are unlocked, left slightly ajar long ago by the Thrune Pathfinders as they fled the lodge. They creak loudly with age when opened, but otherwise offer no danger to intruders.


Evil GM

You may not know this, if Orsin did not tell you but there are two separate Pathfinders: the original true PF, then the Thrune puppet PF that were installed after they took over the country.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"The way in looks clear to me. If those keys aren't to this door, perhaps they are to some inner sanctum door or treasure room?"


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk pushes open the door and waves for the others to follow.

"It's all clear."

Does either Grim or John want to take the lead from here?


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Could be, let us enter and set up a base camp where we can explore. The sun is setting and we don't know if Shadowbeasts will roam the ground here.


Evil GM

Grimm may, he's one most the time, John less likely since he posts less frequently. To keep the game going forward...Grimm and/or Truk is probably best.

Wide wooden stairs curl around the outer walls of this large vestibule, leading to the floor above. Several cushioned chairs line the east and west walls, all facing a large but empty display platform in the center of the room. A bronze plaque bearing an inscription sits on the north edge of the platform, while several huge paintings, each six feet tall, hang on the walls. Most of the paintings have been defaced and damaged beyond repair, but one seems untouched—a depiction of a pair of hunters overlooking the recently slain body of a horned beast.

INSIDE THE BUILDING


Evil GM

One other thing each hex is suppose to be 10 ft wide but I'm going to revert to the 5 ft per hex rule inside the building, unless stated otherwise. I don't know how tt manipulate maptools to a 10ft hex and let two icons be in the same hex.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Well if we want to keep moving, I guess Truk can lead the way for now.

Truk steps into the room and studies the painting.

"Why was this one untouched?"

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Evil GM
Truk'tosh wrote:

Well if we want to keep moving, I guess Truk can lead the way for now.

Truk steps into the room and studies the painting.

"Why was this one untouched?"

otherwise the pace dies or the DM has to play too much of an important role with the character, which frankly I don't want to do. I, also, understand your concern in that you've played this AP before but I've have made a few changes to the game.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Fair enough.

I forgot my perception check for the post above.


Evil GM

some percpetion, intelligence or if the pathfinder checks in, he can make local or history check.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

I edited my previous post for the perception check.

Intelligence: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

Heh.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well don't touch it. For all we know there is some magical death trap on it that has kept it safe all these years."

Ignoring the painting for now, Lucrezia eyes the doors they just came through.

"Shall we shut the doors and try to block them? I really don't want anything following us in here through them."

Lucreiza will go ahead and shut the doors when everyone is inside.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea sets her bedroll down and will help close the door.We can block the door with a chair or pretty any much length of wood.

Perception if needed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

This looks like a good place to set up a camp. Andrea concentrates and looks at the display platform and plaque with her Detect Magic.


Evil GM

The grand room looks inviting and the front door does close.


Evil GM

here is an updated map.

Map


F Undead Erinyes NPC

"ummmm, excuse me and what the f~&# reason would you want to ignore me... typical men. Never wanting f%@&ing ask for directions! When I was here there was big arse triceratops skeleton was on display here." directing everyone's attention to the empty stand.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

"Shall we shut the doors and try to block them? I really don't want anything following us in here through them."

Lucreiza will go ahead and shut the doors when everyone is inside.

Truk nods.

"Yeah, let's shut the door. Get inside the lot of you!"


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Checking the ground floor first seems to be best. Since we don't know exactly what defenses have been placed inside by the Pathfinders, Lucrezia and Grimm seem to be good choices for scouts.

Andrea looksd at the Erynies. Excuse me. Faelyn, perhaps you can keep her in your arms so she can look around. No doubt she likes the chance to get out of the bag.

As for the skeleton, perhaps it was stolen by one of the Thrune pathfinders who wanted a trophey?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"What-a-tops?" Truk says in confusion.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Khazrae, do you mean that you recall the layout of this place?"


F Undead Erinyes NPC

"hey sweetie, I know I'm a sweet tasty piece of tongue as I can imagine you are hun...but why else would the knucklehead bring me along? Besides we've a contract of the souls that I intend to keep. Now come over for a little smoochie. My tongue can get places your orcy buddy can only dream of."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Uhm, sorry Khazrae, but I'm a male only type of girl."


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

I think she might need another Restoration.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia shrugs.

"If I haven't had any orgasms as for as long as she hasn't, I'd probably be the same way."


F Undead Erinyes NPC
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"Uhm, sorry Khazrae, but I'm a male only type of girl."

I can sense the sweet priest of the whore godess has tried with you....you are strong willed but truly ignorant in the joys of the curious tongue.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"Should I give her a hit of my rod?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I meant this wand you gave me."

12,801 to 12,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.