Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


12,901 to 12,950 of 26,346 << first < prev | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | next > last >>

Evil GM

The After a quick review of each room, you can see they were ransacked of anything of value, including the trunks.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Awake

Let us check out the right side first after backtracking.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk turns right and checks down the hallway.


Evil GM

Backtracking down the rear right hallway you follow an outside hall.

UPSTAIRS


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk keeps going.

"Let's see where this goes."


Evil GM

You eventually backtrack and find similar guestrooms, althoughtthe one at F/G 42/43 is different. The door(s) have been replaced with a heavy iron and there are three sliding bolts locking the door.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Perhaps the rest of us should back up some from Truk and Lucrezia? Being bunched up like this is dangerous incase there are things that cause wide-spread damage.Like fireball slinging wizards

Sliding bolts? and on our side? Perhaps these were made to keep somethign inside, like a prison.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia keeps following the hallway, seeing where it leads too.


Evil GM

Are you examining the room or are going to come back to it after you check out the other side?


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Yeah, we'll mess with the bolts after we check the other side.


Evil GM

After another 30 minutes of exploring and securing the area you get back the strange room. You can see that the inside door is similarly constructed and locked.

Knowledge Dungeoneering or architecture


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Know-Dungeneering: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"What do you make of this?" Truk asks aloud.

"Is it trapped?"


Evil GM

Andrea you can tell that the doors are not original to the building, they came after the fact. Most likely during Thrune's rule.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia looks over the double doors and will open them if it looks safe to do so.

Should I make some new rolls yet?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Knowledge Dungeneering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

These doors do not look original to the building, probably added during Thrune's rule. So be more wary of whatever lies behind them.


Evil GM

John you definitely know this looks like prison cell.


Evil GM

Lucrezia the bolts are not locked themselves but they do slide into place securing the door. One close inspection you can see a small sliding door at the bottom of the door.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

This place has been boarded up fer a long time. Whatever was in there's gotta be dead by now. Let's take a look aye? Weapons ready of course.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia snickers at GRimm. "Last time we thought that, a devil popped out of a room and took a swing at Duncan."

Lucrezia will get down on all fours as she opens the small sliding door and peer into the room.


Evil GM

Finally the site is back up.

You see bones and clothing from your location, Lucrezia.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk prays to his goddess for protection and prepares himself for whatever may be behind the door.

Extended Barkskin

He puts a massive hand on Lucrezia's shapely behind and squeezes.

"Back up Beautiful. I'm going to open it", the big orc says.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I just see bones and cloth from here. Was everyone evacuated or did they leave some of the pathfinders locked in here to die on their own?"

Lucrezia will back up out of the way for Truk to open the door.


Evil GM

Once the bolts are pulled back the door opens quite easily and without a sound. The door itself looks to be make out of iron. There is body dressed in leather armor, a short sword, dagger and back pack sitting across from you. He is dead.

There is second body in the cell with its back to you, could not see him form your angle. He is wearing nice robe, has fine but now tattered clothes on, a small bag on his side and there a wand by his fingers.

The room itself is scarred at both of the doors and walls. There a broken pick ax on one side of the room.

This is your initial view.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk steps into the room to search the bodies.

"Who were they?"

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Evil GM

The room feels strange to you Truk, you turn back to make sure the door is still open, it's not right. This was definitely a death cell from your take. These two sets of bones obviously found a way in, but could not get out, they look undisturbed and clothed.

There are two rings on the wizardly looking skeleton, he has nice bag, a nice light mace, dagger, cloak and you notice at least 10 empty and broken potion and glass vials around the cell.

The other body on inspection appears have been a female who also has two rings, a nice backpack, short sword, dagger.

There are 6 depleted scrolls laying about, along with empty canteens and used trail rations, and there is a set of broken thieve tools by one door.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Enemies o house Thrune, considering the last owners. Not the first time the ruling house has left folk to rot, don't ye doubt.

Grimm steps into the room, weapons ready to look about.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Evil GM

Everyone can make a straight Intelligence check.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Anything indicating who they were?

Truk begins handing off the valuables to those in the hall.

Someone want to fire off a detect magic?


F Undead Erinyes NPC

"How delicious, they put in a death cell trap...this happened after I left." The devil smacks her lips together. "I bet there is teleporation trap on the property, touch a spot of silver, and redirection to this fine room...never to be checked on and plenty of time to think of your errors. Bet there is dimensional anchor spell."

"Truly evil, two potential burglars trigger a trap and poof, never to be seen again."

She ponders a second, "Hey flying rat didn't you say there was silver lining the wall outside?"


"Eek...silver...n.nn.nnnasty ...nasty stuff."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Int check1d20 ⇒ 5

Grimm casts detect magic and examines all the items.
3 rounds each minimum. I count 9 items mentioned. Spellcraft checks to id.1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Hope we have better luck. Might be something useful amongst this. If not it can pay for me next tumble


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Int: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Whoa! No touchy until we check for nasties.

Int: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Andrea looks at the Erynies. We best leave this door open, no doubt we will stumble on the trap sooner or later.

Andrea will then scan the items with Grimm, using the same methods. (Assuming something doesn't jump out at them.)

Spellcraft Bag: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Spellcraft Haversack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Spellcraft Rofue dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Spellcraft Lt.Mace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Spellcraft Short Sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Spellcraft Wizard Ring: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Spellcraft Wizard ring: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Spellcraft Rogue Ring: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Spellcraft Rogue Ring: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Evil GM

Grimm you identify:

Bag of holing Type 1
Haversack
+1 returning dagger
+1 Lt mace
+1 Sh sword

The other items are magical but you haven't been able to identify them.

There is some coin:
rogue: 11, PP,36gp.
Wizard: 57 gp, 29 Sp.

There is a depleted spell component pouches and nice msw dagger with the wizard.

There are 11 total items once you go through the packs.

There is a magical key on the female rogue. make a spellcraft.


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:
[dice=Int]1d20+2

What the devil mentioned about a death cell and transportation trap is a tactic you've heard about in your training. Devious advanced magic. A spellcaster's death sentence when harnessed with a dimensional anchor or lock spell.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Spellcraft on magic key: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Evil GM

Andrea you examine the items that Grimm could not figure out and determine:

+1 Cloak of Resistance
+1 ROP
+2 ROP
Ring of climbing
Ring of swimming

The wand that is in the room is depleted like the scrolls. There is not a traveling spellbook with the wizard. that would suggest they did not expect to be long and that they were local at one time. These are bones so death was some time ago. Obviously there are cobwebs all over the items and skeletons. The coins date back 16-19 years ago.


Fire Resist 10 Human Cleric 6,HP 40/40,Init+5F6R4W9,Per10AC18/11/17

Andrea points out the items. Local thieves. Perhaps part of a guild? Happened quite some time ago from the age of the bones.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

Truk scoops up the items.

"Let's keep moving. This room gives me the creeps."

Truk will take the Ring +2 unless someone else really wants it since he's leading the way in here.


Evil GM

Its a Key of Lock Jamming, it is bronzed shaped and slides in any standard sized keyhole, it melds and fills the lock.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Truk'tosh wrote:

Truk scoops up the items.

"Let's keep moving. This room gives me the creeps."

Truk will take the Ring +2 unless someone else really wants it since he's leading the way in here.

If yer girlfriend is ready to move on. Then let's go. We got the gear firsties so let's get to the fight if there be one to be had. Faelyn, keep an eye on yer flying rat. Still sure e's gonna knife us.


F Undead Erinyes NPC

The an audible snicker at Grimm's last comment.


Evil GM

The party continues on toward the the double door by the guestrooms.

This room contains a crystalline pool encircled by a border of eldritch symbols. There is a the 10-foot-deep pool of blue water in the center of this room.

Spellcraft check if you have it.

MAP


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Grimm pauses to note the runes.


Male Half-Orc Druid 8/Cleric 1 | HP: 116/116 l AC: 26 (30 with buffs, 32 vs the first 3 attacks per round) /T: 12/FF: 24 l Fort: +15*, Ref: +5*, W: +14* l Init: +0 l Per: +15; Low-light vision l Movement: 30 *Hardy: Gain +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities *Familiar:51/51

"What's this room for?" Truk asks aloud.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia takes a quick glance at the pool.

"Well we know there's got be some kind of magic on that water, otherwise it wouldn't be looking this pretty after all these years."

Lucrezia will circle around the room, looking for any hidden doors or compartments.

perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


Evil GM

Grimm you realize that the runes on the pool’s edge are those of a permanent magical seal.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"This must be the spa Khazrae mentioned, which means there is a water elemental trapped in here."
Knowledge panes on water elemental: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

12,901 to 12,950 of 26,346 << first < prev | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.