Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


From the Raging Heart of a Swirling Sandstorm Comes... the Mummy's Mask Preview

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I have said in other blogs that each Pathfinder Adventure Card Game set takes on the personality of one of Lone Shark's designers. With its sun-parched sense of derring-do among the pyramids, the Mummy's Mask Base Set coalesced around Liz Spain's pith-helmeted madness. For today's preview, Liz has been presented with the challenge of writing this preview in the style of a desert-blown romance novel—a challenged that was embraced. Enjoy!
     —Mike Selinker, Adventure Card Game Lead Designer

Osirion! Land of ten thousand years of love and loss! What mysteries will you unveil under the light of the burning orb? Reveal to your fair traveler that which beats beneath a cover of blistering sand!

The wind howled in protest as the traveler strode out alone into the storm, heeding only the call of her own desires. The dust threatened to steal her breath, but she grasped at the cowl of her cape to protect her face.


The desert can swallow you whole.

Designed to withstand the dangers of exposure in the desert, the dense weave of the sensuously smooth cloth danced across her skin. The wind breathed her name, a name born of wind itself: Simoun.


Masters of elements—air, fire, and steel.

The weight of her old armor gone, she felt more free despite the danger that lay in wait. Here in Osirion, trappings of metal and leather were not what they seemed. Though her precious vestments would do little against steel, they were a comfort beneath the elemental electricity that danced above.


In Mummy's Mask, armors and weapons don't do what you expect anymore.

In this place of cultures more ancient than humanity, Osirion has not lost its teeth with age. Here, Pathfinders are survivors who know the secrets of the elements. To the rhythm of her drumming heartbeat, Simoun prayed the lords of lightning would spare her another night.


In the desert, staying alive is challenging. You'll need resources.

The dry storm raged on, cracking the dark sky with brilliant flashes of lightning, illuminating the rolling dunes. The caravan was not far away. Simoun hoped to find succor from friends there, or at least enemies of enemies, but until then she took cover in the night.


You never know who you'll meet in the desert, or what they serve.

She set her jaw, determined to find her prey first, somehow, amid the blinding dust. Her boots slid swiftly over the shifting dunes, as shapes of dead things emerged and were buried just as quickly by waves of sand.


Barriers do strange things in this set.

Tomorrow, life would move on, driven by the sound of footfalls proceeding ever westward, punctuated by the sighs of discontented camels. But tonight, she was the huntress. She heard his call carried on the wind. Despite the ravages of the poisons and hungers within her veins, she pressed on.


These scourges will plague you till the end of days.

And then, she froze. A bolt of blue electricity revealed him, hovering over her, huge and powerful, his wrappings in tatters. They would dance, blade and bone, her will against his. Steel and song swirled amid sand in the storm. The air was his domain, but so was it hers. She would tear him apart, even if it took her all night.


With the Trigger trait and monsters doling out scourges, it's hot times in the desert.

As the dawn light gilded the calming sky, she threw off her dust-caked cape to approach the caravan. An Aspis Consortium trader was there, awaiting successful adventurers seeking to exchange goods unearthed from the ruins. Busily coaxing the camels to wakefulness, the merchant noticed her wicked smile.

"Interesting night?" Falsin Deek grinned.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." The young Djinn coyly asked, "Trade for dragon teeth?"

His grin widened to reach both ears.


When you return from adventures, you can now trade your goods at the markets.

As they concluded their dealings, the rest of the caravan grumbled to its feet. With the sun at their back, they marched toward the River Sphinx over sands that held ten thousand years of history. A new adventure awaited them all.

Liz Spain
Adventure Card Game Designer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Mummy's Mask Pathfinder Adventure Card Game
1 to 50 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

It begins!!!!!!

Looks like the last character is Simoun.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

And she's a Janni.


Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

So excited for next month! Now I'm ready to read the rulebook!

Looks like the preview curse strikes again. Kafar reads in part, "succeed at a Charisma Diplomacy 4 check to acquire this card." instead of "Charisma or Diplomacy".

Silver Crusade

I have yet to see a character in this game that does not look awesome.


Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

I'm really looking forward to this. Those scourges look like they will throw in some interesting challenges.

Hopefully my group decides to give this a try, the last scenario of Adventure 4 in Wrath has done nothing but aggravate them immensely.

Sovereign Court

I am so, so excited. Elemental damage interactions, Trigger effects, and Yooooooon! This set is going to be awesome.


Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

So excited to reignite my love of this game.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I am really excited to get this. My group is already talking about it. With all the nasty triggers, will there be any added incentives to examine cards or is it just nerfing oracles, spyglasses, etc.?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
jones314 wrote:
I am really excited to get this. My group is already talking about it. With all the nasty triggers, will there be any added incentives to examine cards or is it just nerfing oracles, spyglasses, etc.?

Luckily, it only includes nerfing.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

I don't know - a lot of the trigger cards that I've seen force you to encounter the card when you examine them. This isn't really that bad of a thing.


Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

Ubashki looks very much like a TP'd Lying Cat from Saga.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game Subscriber

Looks Great!

Lone Shark Games

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Malcolm_Reynolds wrote:
Looks like the preview curse strikes again. Kafar reads in part, "succeed at a Charisma Diplomacy 4 check to acquire this card." instead of "Charisma or Diplomacy".

We were sure it would be something.


What fun you can have with the magnifying glass when there are trigger cards in your deck. Kafar can cause you to acquire him again (or banish him and another card). With banes in your deck things can get even weirder....


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Very impressive!
Now I'm curious which kind of card traders allow you to trade for. Any card currently in the box, or are there restrictions?

I wonder that no one commented on the power feat as a reward for the basic adventure! Seems like everyone would check all their power feats before getting their role - interesting!


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Doppelschwert wrote:

I wonder that no one commented on the power feat as a reward for the basic adventure! Seems like everyone would check all their power feats before getting their role - interesting!

Considering that in all 3 sets thus far, there are maybe like 4 heroes I was interested in all 4 pre-role powers for, this is not a big deal for me (not that I'm complaining; it's almost certainly better than a Skill feat).

On the other hand: LOOT in Base scenario! Yee-haw! Come to pappa, you little Scarab Buckler...


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

This is gonna be fun.

I see questions coming on some of the wording though. I'm not an-Elvish-native-speaker so on Dry Quicksand for example, it took me a few seconds to understand the underlying words : When your token is returned "from the location deck" to the location "it came from"...
At first glance returning to where you already are didn't connect in my brains :-)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber
Theryon Stormrune wrote:
jones314 wrote:
With all the nasty triggers, will there be any added incentives to examine cards or is it just nerfing oracles, spyglasses, etc.?
Luckily, it only includes nerfing.

I may not be understanding the initial question, but I would point out that some cards (like the Blessing of Bastet, for example), rather than giving you a straight-forward explore, give you a Shalelu-like ability to examine the top card of the deck, and then (with varying degrees of "optional") encounter it. This will, indeed, trigger triggers.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Yeah, it seems that maybe since your token card gets shuffled into the location deck that in effect, your character is in there. So you can't move until your character or another character explores and finds your token card? Crazy.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
James McKendrew wrote:
Theryon Stormrune wrote:
jones314 wrote:
With all the nasty triggers, will there be any added incentives to examine cards or is it just nerfing oracles, spyglasses, etc.?
Luckily, it only includes nerfing.
I may not be understanding the initial question, but I would point out that some cards (like the Blessing of Bastet, for example), rather than giving you a straight-forward explore, give you a Shalelu-like ability to examine the top card of the deck, and then (with varying degrees of "optional") encounter it. This will, indeed, trigger triggers.

I guess my original question was this: this set now has disincentives for scouting with the triggers (mostly bad, but not all bad, kinda like barriers). So are there counterbalancing benefits to examining? Are there more rewards to scouting to match the new risk?

I notice that Zadim has a very strong scouting ability, recharging any card.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
jones314 wrote:
Yeah, it seems that maybe since your token card gets shuffled into the location deck that in effect, your character is in there. So you can't move until your character or another character explores and finds your token card? Crazy.

I guessed that maybe that's the intent, but I'm still unclear, due to the wording.For example, nothing tells us that encountering your token card "returns it to the location". Also, nothing tells us if we can explore, play card and powers, etc. while we lack a token card (I would *assume* we can, because 'cards don't do what they don't say" - but this is the very same reason I can't just assume we return the Token when we encounter it). Who knows, maybe there's something new in the Rulebook...

As it is, I have a feeling this card lacks a "When your token card is encountered, return it to the location" wording, and even then the distinction between 'location' and 'location deck' will probably trip up people.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber
Frencois wrote:

...it took me a few seconds to understand the underlying words : When your token is returned "from the location deck" to the location "it came from"...

I've never used the words "token card" to refer to token cards before, so it took me a minute to realize what they were saying, as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Just note that Dry Quicksand means that even if you use minis, you need to keep your token cards handy.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm trying to figure out Dry Quicksand too...is the character still at the location? Are they "missing" until they are found again? Do they still get turns? What happens if an effect forcibly moves them?

Maybe this is explained in the new rulebook.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

So that's settled: I'm thoroughly excited about the new Set, and the Trader mechanic in particular.

On quick question for those more versed in the RPG lore: Simoun's card states she's a 'Janni', while the blog also calls her a 'Djinn' - what is a Janni and how (if) does it differ from Djinn?

Lone Shark Games

5 people marked this as a favorite.
ryric wrote:

I'm trying to figure out Dry Quicksand too...is the character still at the location? Are they "missing" until they are found again? Do they still get turns? What happens if an effect forcibly moves them?

Maybe this is explained in the new rulebook.

It is. Once Vic is back from vacation, I'll talk to him about getting the new rulebook up Real Soon Now™. It will have all the explanations.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Briefly thought the flavour text on the Curse of Poisoning began "Lol!"


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber
Longshot11 wrote:
...One quick question for those more versed in the RPG lore: Simoun's card states she's a 'Janni', while the blog also calls her a 'Djinn' - what is a Janni and how (if) does it differ from Djinn?

Hi Longshot,

Actually all of those, long ago, used to be called Genies (big sand giants "à la Aladin" from the 1000 nights). Then I guess some Elves got bored of using French names and reviewed the idea. Just kidding, they just decided to make a whole family of Genies with different looks and feels. So there it goes: there are many kinds of Genies, but the main ones are:

Djinn: 10 feet tall coming from the Plane of Air, magic-users that change into whirlwinds. A noble djinn is called a vizier and can grant wishes.

Efreet : 12 feet tall coming from the Plane of Fire. A noble efreet is called a malik and uses a bit of magic.

Jann : weakest of all genie. Human size and formed out of all 4 elements. A noble jann is called an amir or sheikh and uses a bit of magic.

Marid : 16 feet tall coming from the Plane of Water. A noble marid is called a shahzada and uses a bit of magic.

Shaitan : 11 feet tall coming from the Plane of Earth. A noble shaitan is called a pasha and uses a bit of magic and can grant wishes.


For those thinking/implying that triggers are all bad, notice that the check to acquire Kafar is a lot easier when you trigger him than when you encounter him through normal means, unless you were hoping to acquire him with Wisdom.

I'm curious about whether triggers apply on cards in your deck (because acquiring a card you already have is weird; failing to acquire it is weirder), and whether his "If you fail to acquire..." only applies to the trigger power, or any time you fail to acquire him (I guess the former because it's not a separate paragraph).


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber
Nefrubyr wrote:
I'm curious about whether triggers apply on cards in your deck.

That would be quite a concept... From what I start to envision/decipher of the Sharks, pretty sure at least one of them tried it...

Silver Crusade

The_Napier wrote:
Briefly thought the flavour text on the Curse of Poisoning began "Lol!"

Only in the developers' minds.


If you're prepared enough, you can turn trigger examines into encounters (aka more explores). That's amazing.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

I'm also curious about the mechanics of traders - so look at Hadden up there. He says he offers spells, and costs 2 boons. I'm assuming that means you can somehow exchange two unwanted boons from the group pile at the end of the scenario to get a spell. But we don't know if it's a random spell pulled from the box, or if you get to pick in some way. I presume it's random; picking seems super powerful. If we get a crap spell can we pair it off with another boon and try again? Are boons given to traders banished, possibly triggering a perma-banish for Basic boons after AD3 starts? That would let us acquire boons during the scenario and then still weed them out after.

All stuff I'm sure is in the rulebook, just curious about it now.


The Dry Quicksand rules seem to be moved into the rulebook instead of being partially on the card (in the demo). I see quite a bit of confusion in the future regarding this, because people don't really read the rulebook as it is.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I also have questions, but they can wait, because I love this. Everything looks amazing


ryric wrote:
I'm also curious about the mechanics of traders - so look at Hadden up there. He says he offers spells, and costs 2 boons. I'm assuming that means you can somehow exchange two unwanted boons from the group pile at the end of the scenario to get a spell. But we don't know if it's a random spell pulled from the box, or if you get to pick in some way. I presume it's random; picking seems super powerful.

Read the flavour text for Hadden. It is pretty clear that it is a random draw. Traders with decent organization systems have probably sold all the good stuff before your campaign starts.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Regarding the unclear rules, I'd guess any non-banes that you encounter are acquired automatically (takes care of loot and the token) and triggers can only trigger if the card is inside a location deck.

I'm really curious about the traders. Not only about the mechanics of getting new boons, but also about the offers.
Most likely, all types of boons (maybe except allies and/or blessings) will be covered with the first few merchants for 2 boons each, but that leaves a lot of other traders. I'm positive it will be more ingenous than another round of just each type of boon for 1 boon each, so there will surely be some interesting tweaks.

Then there is also the question whether traders are rewarded in the base adventure (being the first time to have a permanent effect on the AP itself) and whether traders will be missable. I never played SnS, but I guess there were ships that were optional to acquire, yes? I wonder about the ratio of ships you got no matter what you did.

From what we've seen so far though, this set looks rather difficult to me. The shown henchman scale roughly like most henchman in wrath, and there seem to be a lot of opportunities to eat elemental damage when your starting hand doesn't include any protection. Of course, without seeing the basic boons, thats mere conjecture, but I would be surprised if a starting deck has more than 3 cards to reduce damage.

I also wonder about the number of scourges the box has to contain in order to cover a party of 6 people. When most of them work like the daybane, there will be 6 necessary (where I guess 2 copies will be in the add-on deck), but being able to have multiple curses of poison might rack up those curses fast with a bit of bad luck.

Also, with the final character being a rogue, that probably only leaves drelm as being able to use heavy armor, so it's plausible that there won't be much (if any) in this set.

Looking forward!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
jones314 wrote:
I guess my original question was this: this set now has disincentives for scouting with the triggers (mostly bad, but not all bad, kinda like barriers). So are there counterbalancing benefits to examining? Are there more rewards to scouting to match the new risk?

Scouting location decks was already too powerful (gone are the days of multiple Augury and Scrying spells), so there is no need to compensate for the much-needed additional risk. What the designers have done is add more opportunities to examine decks. (Don't forget that in addition to all the spoiled examine cards, Alahazra returns in this set.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber

I had a momentary flash of confusion with my first scan of Dry Quicksand, but I think I lot of that comes from us (and many people, I'd think) abstracting out their character token to a standee. But if the "token" is treated as a mechanical card, in this sense, as your character card or deck or anything in your hand is, then it makes sense implicitly: you can't move your character token to another location if you don't have your character token to move.

Of course, we've all seen what people will and will not understand "implicitly" about Pathfinder rules. So I expect a lot of rules confusion, because while the intent of the card is to stop you from moving around until you get your token back, it doesn't say anything about moving at all on the card. I feel like a lot of people are gonna come around with cards like this and be like "So... Dry Quicksand does nothing? Or...???"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
mlvanbie wrote:
Scouting location decks was already too powerful (gone are the days of multiple Augury and Scrying spells), so there is no need to compensate for the much-needed additional risk.

I respect your opinion, but it is the sort of opinion that brought WotR on our heads, so...yeah. I'll guess we'll have to see how player enjoyment is affected.

In particular, I'll point a finger to the Agash henchmen. In a typical 6-player game, this gives you the unique opportunity to trash 7 player turns, just for playing a hero like Alahazra. I can see how in such game, her player will be relegated to twiddling their thumbs, while the rest of the players trow their powers around; doesn't sound like fun times, and the Veteran trait doesn't inspire confidence that it'll be a single-scenario occurrence. (For the record, in 6-player, where each hero gets only 5 turns, I don't consider all "encounter if examined" cards to be a proper compensation for an entire player turn lost)

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Doppelschwert wrote:

Regarding the unclear rules, I'd guess any non-banes that you encounter are acquired automatically (takes care of loot and the token) and triggers can only trigger if the card is inside a location deck.

I'm really curious about the traders. Not only about the mechanics of getting new boons, but also about the offers.
Most likely, all types of boons (maybe except allies and/or blessings) will be covered with the first few merchants for 2 boons each, but that leaves a lot of other traders. I'm positive it will be more ingenous than another round of just each type of boon for 1 boon each, so there will surely be some interesting tweaks.

Then there is also the question whether traders are rewarded in the base adventure (being the first time to have a permanent effect on the AP itself) and whether traders will be missable. I never played SnS, but I guess there were ships that were optional to acquire, yes? I wonder about the ratio of ships you got no matter what you did.

From what we've seen so far though, this set looks rather difficult to me. The shown henchman scale roughly like most henchman in wrath, and there seem to be a lot of opportunities to eat elemental damage when your starting hand doesn't include any protection. Of course, without seeing the basic boons, thats mere conjecture, but I would be surprised if a starting deck has more than 3 cards to reduce damage.

I also wonder about the number of scourges the box has to contain in order to cover a party of 6 people. When most of them work like the daybane, there will be 6 necessary (where I guess 2 copies will be in the add-on deck), but being able to have multiple curses of poison might rack up those curses fast with a bit of bad luck.

Also, with the final character being a rogue, that probably only leaves drelm as being able to use heavy armor, so it's plausible that there won't be much (if any) in this set.

Looking forward!

I'm going to give some vague hints on some of these things, just because I can and I love making you guys salivate for more information. :-P

Traders are awesome, and the cards they give you are not always truly random.

You gain new traders as you go through the game, with more exciting choices for what they'll sell you.

Difficulty I feel is right where it should be with this set.

Scourges do not necessarily allow for all players to have the same scourge. Trust me, that's a good thing.

Heavy armor is definitely not as prominent in this set as it has been in previous. I think Liz's text above really highlights why that is... you're in the desert, and you're not gonna want to wear full plate in 100+ degree temps. :)


Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber
Longshot11 wrote:

In particular, I'll point a finger to the Agash henchmen. In a typical 6-player game, this gives you the unique opportunity to trash 7 player turns, just for playing a hero like Alahazra.

It doesn't just discard a blessing, it discards a blessing AND replaces it with a sandstorm card. That doesn't cause you to miss a turn (unless you know something about the sandstorm card that I dont), instead it throws an obstacle in your way.

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Doppelschwert is right - the traders, the BOONS! A whole new avenue to wallow in fat stacks of boons the way Scrooge McDuck swam in his big vault of gold! I am going to have to figure out which character I'm going to want to play...it will almost certainly be the one that allows you to better acquire the good stuff.

DISREGARD TRIGGERS; ACQUIRE BOONS!


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Wow, this set looks amazing so far; I'm looking forward to what will likely be the best PACG set yet. Finding some time to play it in the near future might be a little rough, though; my wife and I will be going on our honeymoon to Australia / New Zealand in early November. Maybe someone will have a base set (or at least an updated demo deck) at PAX AUS...

Silver Crusade

I'm very curious about what this villain "Sandstorm" that goes in the blessings deck looks like. Seems like it might be the first time we've seen multiple of a villain.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
Longshot11 wrote:

In particular, I'll point a finger to the Agash henchmen. In a typical 6-player game, this gives you the unique opportunity to trash 7 player turns, just for playing a hero like Alahazra.

It doesn't just discard a blessing, it discards a blessing AND replaces it with a sandstorm card. That doesn't cause you to miss a turn (unless you know something about the sandstorm card that I dont), instead it throws an obstacle in your way.

It's also possible that the Agash henchman is a one-off henchman, and not a henchman that is in up to 7 locations. In this case, you might even get away with only having one Sandstorm villain in the box. If for some reason you Trigger the Agash a second time while the Sandstorm is in the deck, you ignore the impossible thing and just discard the blessing. Who knows, maybe you'd get lucky and discard the Sandstorm.

Wrong on both counts. Should have looked at text of the preview scenario.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Frencois wrote:
So there it goes: there are many kinds of Genies...

Beaucoup merci pour le renseignement, Frencois! :)

Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
It doesn't just discard a blessing, it discards a blessing AND replaces it with a sandstorm card. That doesn't cause you to miss a turn (unless you know something about the sandstorm card that I dont), instead it throws an obstacle in your way.

You're correct. In fact, I don't know anything about the Sandstorm, I just *assumed* it will be "encounter, then advance the blessings deck" deal. Of course, with MM, it seems assumptions are the wrong way to go altogether.

ryric wrote:
I'm also curious about the mechanics of traders - so look at Hadden up there. He says he offers spells, and costs 2 boons. I'm assuming that means you can somehow exchange two unwanted boons from the group pile at the end of the scenario to get a spell.

From the "at end of scenario, EACH player can visit ONE trader, I'd make the assumption all players can trade BEFORE forming the 'group pile' and exchanging cards.

Doppelschwert wrote:

I'm really curious about the traders. Not only about the mechanics of getting new boons, but also about the offers.

Most likely, all types of boons (maybe except allies and/or blessings) will be covered with the first few merchants for 2 boons each, but that leaves a lot of other traders. I'm positive it will be more ingenous than another round of just each type of boon for 1 boon each, so there will surely be some interesting tweaks.

I'm thinking they're more likely to evolve in terms of inventory, rather than price ("Sells: Items AND Spells")to reduce impact of the "one trader per scenario" limitation; if anything, such traded may also have a HIGHER cost.

Also, as Cartmanbeck noted - I can see some evolution on the "Random Draw => Non-Basic, Non-Elite => Player's Choice" scale.
I also wouldn't rule out some mutually exclusive trader rewards (you must side with either Aspis Consortium or their competitors!).

Silver Crusade

First World Bard wrote:
Joshua Birk 898 wrote:
Longshot11 wrote:

In particular, I'll point a finger to the Agash henchmen. In a typical 6-player game, this gives you the unique opportunity to trash 7 player turns, just for playing a hero like Alahazra.

It doesn't just discard a blessing, it discards a blessing AND replaces it with a sandstorm card. That doesn't cause you to miss a turn (unless you know something about the sandstorm card that I dont), instead it throws an obstacle in your way.
It's also possible that the Agash henchman is a one-off henchman, and not a henchman that is in up to 7 locations. In this case, you might even get away with only having one Sandstorm villain in the box. If for some reason you Trigger the Agash a second time while the Sandstorm is in the deck, you ignore the impossible thing and just discard the blessing. Who knows, maybe you'd get lucky and discard the Sandstorm.

The scenario listed says to replace 4 blessings with sandstorm villains. So there have to be at least 4...


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Eliandra Giltessan wrote:
The scenario listed says to replace 4 blessings with sandstorm villains. So there have to be at least 4...

It also crushes your hopes for a "single Aghash" theory :)


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Class Deck Subscriber
Longshot11 wrote:
Frencois wrote:
So there it goes: there are many kinds of Genies...
Beaucoup merci pour le renseignement, Frencois! :)

De rien (you are welcome).

1 to 50 of 177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Adventure Card Game / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: From the Raging Heart of a Swirling Sandstorm Comes... the Mummy's Mask Preview All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!


©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.