Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Caleth's Bronze Age: Gods Among Mere Mortals (Inactive)

Game Master Saint Caleth

In the Old World, the Dragon God walks among mortals and the world languishes under his empire. Now, however there are other stirrings of divine power rising across the world, poised to change the course of history...


1 to 50 of 587 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The wheels creak ever onwards. You half open your eyes as you drift in and out of consciousness in a hazy state, only to have the world drift back out of focus as the cart you are imprisoned in and the caravan that it is part of make its rounds of the plains, gathering slaves to bring back to Vel Daeroth, the home of the dragons, from which they rule the known world.

Occasionally the door of the cage is opened by the guards and another poor soul is thrown in. Twice a day the guards bang on the cage and throw paltry food to you and barely enough water to sustain you in the heat of the summer days. They pay little attention to you and the captives in the three other carts of the caravan except to occasionally jeer at you in draconic and torment you when the fancy strikes them. Occaionally a true dragon flies overhead, patrolling the skies, its shadow falling across you as you lie restrained in the cart.

Byarsh Gyvualinn:
Your fate in Vel Daeroth is likely to be being burned alive for the heresy of worshiping a force other than the dragon god and for employing magic beyond the control of the dragons themselves.

Tama Eloni:
Your fate is likely that you will be bought by a dragon in Vel Daeroth and be forced to entertain him with tales of the world, of places that the dragons want to put under their heal

Estil Trivanise:
Once the caravan reaches Vel Daeroth you will be sent to the arena to fight for the amusement of the dragons and their half-dragon servants untill you fall in combat, no matter how long it takes.

Timmon:
When the carvan reaches its destination you will likely be put to work in the mines along with your eidolon until you succumb to the heat and work.

Lylindra:
Once the caravan reaches Vel Daeroth you will be sent to the arena to fight for the amusement of the dragons and their half-dragon servants untill you fall in combat, no matter how long it takes.

The caravan is now traveling along the edge of the eastern desert. You are all in the same cage, which is made of sturdy wooden poles lashed together with think rope. The cage itself is firmly attached to the chassis of the cart, which is pulled by two small mules. The caravan consists of three more carts, two containing other slaves and one likely holding equipment taken from the various slaves in the caravan and trade goods. Anyone who is a spellcaster has their hands tied securely with hemp rope. You have seen four guards accompanying the caravan, three human and one a half-dragon.

Perception DC 15:
during the mid-morning of one day, you can just make out several human figures mounted on what appear to be camels shadowing the caravan on the ridge to the east.


Female Human (Southern Tribes) Ranger (Guide/Scout) 2

The tall, blond, pale skinned girl seems out of place in this warm climate, clearly being of southern stock. Though she seems more annoyed than uncomfortable. Her eyes dart about taking in the surroundings.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

She mutters to herself in Orc "I should have known better than to wander too near northlands. Shameful. And stripped of my blades..."

The girl bursts into laughter.


Human Free Hand Fighter

A man dressed in little more than his skivies sits in the cart. His hair a tangle of braids and beads, as is also his short beard. A smug grin is on his face.
Na thymáste óti ta próso̱pa af̱tá desmó̱tes . Mólis i̱ aréna échei pléon monomáchous na me antimeto̱písei , tha skotó̱sei tous frouroús epómeni̱ . Sti̱ synécheia, oi theatés .

karu:
Remember the faces of these captors. Once the arena has no more gladiators to face me, I'll kill the guards next. Then the spectators.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human Summoner (Master Summoner) 2

This is perhaps one of the filthiest young men you have ever seen. Tangled long brown hair, skin that is so covered in dirt and grime that you can barely see the true colour beneath it, whip scars (some fresh some not) all over his back and legs, eyes that are filled with a sadness and emptiness.
He sits in the corner, hands bound, tears welling up in his eyes and looks around as if searching for someone or something.
Batu, Batu, chýbaš mi. Boli sme tak blízko, naša sloboda. Tí boli naozaj najlepší 4 dni môjho života. Ako som mohol byť tak hlúpy? Vedel som, že som nemal veriť, že blázon s našimi plánmi úteku. Len keby si bol tu so mnou teraz. Viem, že sa zišiel so sebou skoro, tak či onak.

Language:Terran:
Batu, Batu, I miss you. We were so close, freedom was ours. Those were truly the best 4 days of my life. How could I have been so foolish? I knew I should not have trusted that fool with our escape plans. If only you were here with me right now. I know we will be reunited with each other soon, one way or another.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

Byarsh regains his senses slowly, shaking his head fitfully several times to try and get everything to stop spinning. His eyes loll towards every other captive in turn. He settles on Lylindra, saying "Jy daar, Suidelike. Waar is ons? Almal anders praat 'n vreemde taal, en ons is omring deur draak-mense"

Orcish:
"You there, Southlander. Where are we? Everyone else is speaking a strange language, and we are surrounded by dragon-men" (I'm using Afrikaans for Orcish)

The cloth strips binding his hands are the only scraps of cloth touching his body besides a faded black ribbon tied around his forehead, which fails to cover the tiny spurs that protrude from his crown. His feet terminate in broad, somewhat avian talons instead of nails, and his body appears to be half-way between well-tanned and moderately sunburned. Although his eyes do have pinprick pupils, they are mostly a dull orange in color.

Possible Cultural Practice:
I can imagine each slave having a certain color of ribbon or cloth denoting their ultimate destination and purpose, much like a luggage tag. Stripped of their clothing slaves are reminded that the only cloth provided - their only source of dignity - is a reminder that they are condemned to die as slaves. Removing one's ribbon is punishable by brutal beatings. In Byarsh's case, black denotes one who is to die publicly as an example soon after delivery. I'm sure there could be other colors to represent the salt mines, arena fighters, and more.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Female Human (Southern Tribes) Ranger (Guide/Scout) 2

Knowledge Geography 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
to know whereabouts we might be


Lylindra:
You think that you are just on the border of the plains and the desert, traveling north. You do not think that you are close to any places of note.

The caravan has entered a small ravine which looks like the course of a seasonal river out of the desert.

Those who made the perception check:

The figures have mostly disappeared over the ridge, except for one, who is plainly visible on the lip of the ravine.

There is a commotion among the guards as they spot a figure standing on the lip of the ravine. The figure is dressed in layers of ragged robes with a scarf drawn across it's face. One of the guards heads in that direction to investigate. As he approaches the figure, a ridge forms in the soil and darts towards the guard. When it reaches him it sends him flying through the air. He lands with a sickening thud. The ridge in the dirt continues on, striking the cart you are in and sending it falling over on it's side.

The the chief guard now draws his sword and advances towards the man on the ridge, but as they do so, three men on camels come charging over the ridge, yelling battle cries.

The last guard moves to the first cart in the caravan and begins killing the slaves in it, presumably so that they cannot be rescued.

Make a DC 10 reflex save to avoid being knocked prone when the cart tips over.
The men on camels will reach the caravan in three rounds plus however long it takes them to kill the chief guard. The guard will be done killing the other slaves in three turns and will then proceed to your cart. Please roll initiative.

DM rolls:
Camel Riders Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Guards Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Female Human (Southern Tribes) Ranger (Guide/Scout) 2

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Reflex Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

She says loudly to the others in her cage "Indien enige van julle is die spelling slingeraars, laat my weet.

Orcish:
If any of you are spellslingers, let me know.


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Byarsh's hands reach backwards to grasp the cage's bars as the whole wagon tips, and he grunts softly as the movement wrenches his shoulders.

"Ek weet die Vaartuig. Ons het 'n oomblik voor hul lemme ons bereik - al hoe minder monde te voed wanneer ons hierdie plek verlaat!"

Orcish:
"I know the Craft. We have a moment before their blades reach us - all the fewer mouths to feed when we leave this place."

He then starts struggling to escape his bonds.

DM Caleth - In the one other Play-by-Post game in which I participate, the DM rolls our initiative for us. I think it would save us a little time, as you would not need to wait for each of us to post our results before starting combat. Likewise, I am perfectly comfortable with you rolling saving throws for us when we're all hit by an effect.

Let me know if you'd like a link to the PbP mapping program used in the aforementioned other game.


Male Human (from the northern jungles) Bard 1

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Reflex Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Tama falls heavily on his side and spits out (in Camthi) "ouch, better get out of here, this isn't how my story ends..."

On my action I stand up and begin inspiring courage (Perform:Oratory) "this reminds me of the time my friend Enki and I were captured by a tribe of walking lizards..."

I'll indicate my bound hands and mine someone freeing me...

I'd be happy with the dm making initiative rolls and saving throws for me if it speeds things up.


Interesting, I have always had to roll initiative in my experiance playing PbP. It gives everyone a chance to check in at the beginning of combat, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. If people seem to want to do it the other way though we can do that in the future.

I was just going to make the maps and post them as images each round. But I would greatly appreciate anything which saves me some time in that regard.


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

I am still quite new to the PbP format, so I offer my observations merely as suggestions. The mapping program is at RPTools. I have not managed it personally, but it has worked extremely well for the one combat I've had so far. Our DM posted a link to the new map at the start of each initiative round - sometimes more often.


Male Human Summoner (Master Summoner) 2

Relex Save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

DM Caleth:
I am not sure how you want to handle my inate summons ability. The ability is defined as a "spell-like ability" and the following is a definition of that taken from pfsrd.
Spell-Like Abilities (Sp)
Usually, a spell-like ability works just like the spell of that name. A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus. The user activates it mentally. Armor never affects a spell-like ability's use, even if the ability resembles an arcane spell with a somatic component.

This would mean that I should be able to summon critters while still bound. We can however reduce this so that it becomes just like spellcasting (less the required focus) with a somatic and verbal component.
Depending on how you rule on this changes how I react to this situation.

Not sure what languages the others will understand, I speak the following in Camthi, Eresh and Sharrim.
A rescue! We need to work together, I refuse to die like at the hands of this thug before I can taste freedom again.


Female Human (Southern Tribes) Ranger (Guide/Scout) 2

How, if at all, are non-spellcasters bound?


Non-spellcasters are not bound, only locked in the cart.

Timmon:
You can use the SLA with your hands bound as it has no components. You will need to make a concentration check if you try to do it with your hands bound, as if you were in a grapple.


Male Human Summoner (Master Summoner) 2

DM Caleth:
A verbal and somatic component to it works for me.
On my turn I attempt to summon a Celestial Dog to attack the slave killing guard before he murders anyone (else), or at the very least slow the killing down before it gets to me.
Concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Not sure what the "CMB" of a rope will be so I will let you determine the chance of success.


Human Free Hand Fighter

Ah une personne qui parle en fait l'une des nombreuses langues que je connais. Oui permet de travailler ensemble. Bien que je Revel à l'occasion de se battre dans l'arène, ce voyage est de prendre vraiment trop long.

Eresh:

Ah a person who actually speaks one of the many languages I know. Yes lets work together. While I revel at the chance to fight in the arena, this trip is taking too damn long.

french

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Reflex
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Inititive


Initiative Order:
Tribesmen 22
Guards 21
Byarsh 19
Lylindra 18
Estil 16
Timmon 14
Tama 6


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

I await your narration of the guards and tribesmen, but it is only right for me to point out that my initiative was 14. It was my reflex save that was 19. I think the same might have happened with Timmon's rolls.


This should have been up earlier, but I had an internet outage that I had to deal with.

Initiative Order:
Tribesmen 22
Guards 21
Lylindra 18
Estil 16
Byarsh 14
Timmon 8
Tama 6

Round 1:
As the guards struggle to climb the sides of the ravine, the tribesmen continue charging, brandishing spears and yelling their battlecries in Sharrim. The spellcaster, who appears to be their leader begins casting another spell and as he finishes weaving his staff through the air, a small humanoid figure rises out of the ground and begins gliding quickly across the surface of the sand towards your overturned cart.

Spellcraft DC 19:
The spell was Summon Monster II

The half-dragon guard roars and leaps into the air and arrows towards the spellcaster on the ridge. The guard near the northern most cart kills another of you fellow prisoners and advances menacingly on the third. The last guard on his feet finishes climbing the side of the ravine, only to find the mounted nomads bearing down on him.

Map as of Guard's Turn

Sorry the map is a little makeshift this time round. Red borders are enemies, green are allies. Each of you are your profile avatar. The ravine is 10 ft. deep and the slopes are difficult terrain.


The cage you are in has a break DC of 25, ropes some of you are bound with have a break DC of 23.

Lylindra's turn.


Female Human (Southern Tribes) Ranger (Guide/Scout) 2

Would it be possible to attempt to untie a bound spellcaster with Dex, instead of breaking his or her bonds with Str?


Yes but it takes a full round instead of a standard action.


Female Human (Southern Tribes) Ranger (Guide/Scout) 2

Fair enough
Lylindra will attempt to untie Byarsh

"Ek hoop dat jy iets sterk, spel-slinger."

Orcish:
I hope you've something potent, spellslinger.

Dexterity Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Vloek hierdie knope, hulle is te damn goed gedoen!"

Orcish:
Curse these knots, they're done too damn well!


Male Human Summoner (Master Summoner) 2

I may be away from the computer for a little bit tomorrow so spoilered is my turn, for when my turn finally comes up.

Timmon's Action:

Assuming that the 28 concentration check is sufficient (rolled it in my previous spoiler to DM Caleth)
I wave my bound hands a well as I can, "Adhibete monstrum".
Summon a celestial dog into square J-11. Dog as default swift action, smite evil, then charges the guard killing the slaves in the cart to the north.
Celestial Dog Charge Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (if not evil the dmg is only 1d4+1 but I have a feeling...)

Use Knowledge:Planes to identify the summoned creature (looks a lot like Batu). Knowledge:Planes 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Celestial Dog Stats:

Small celestial/fiendish animal
Init +1; Senses darkvision, low-light vision, scent; Perception +8
DEFENSE
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 6 (1d8+2)
Fort +4 , Ref +3, Will +1
SR 5
Celestial - Resist Acid, Cold, and Electricity 5;
Fiendish - Resist Cold and Fire 5
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d4+1) {1d4+2 vs smite target}
Special Attack Smite evil/good
STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11 (15 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Acrobatics +1 (+9 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Smite evil/good 1/day as a swift action (adds Cha bonus (0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+1) against evil/good foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial/fiendish creature rests).

Apparently you can't spoiler inside a spoiler so the dog stats are a separate block.


Human Free Hand Fighter

Estil calls out to the nearest guard.
ORCA magna mater tua!

Karu:

Your mother has a big butt!

Total Defense, 5foot step to p11. Waiting for the enemy to get close so I can steal his weapon or whatever.


Male Human (from the northern jungles) Bard 1

Spellcraft 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

On my action, after Byarch and Timmon's I stand up (move) start my bardic music (inspire courage -standard). This should give allies +1 to attack and damage, and +1 to saves vs charm and fear. It takes the form of an amusing anecdote from my travels, kind of "an oh this isn't that bad, I remember this one time I was in a much worse situation..."

I also gesture for help with my bound hands.


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

Byarsh looks quickly to the sky before turning back to Lylindra.

Empathic Link:
Byarsh projects distress to his familiar, hoping that it's nearby to help with pecking apart bindings.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"Moet nie twyfel nie die magie van die Suider-Lande. Berei jouself voor!"

Orcish:
"Doubt not the magic of the Southern Lands. Prepare yourself!"

Rising from the crouch he fell into, Byarsh stumbles to P11 and calls out a single word to the guard at Q15 (Command; Will DC 16)

"Aanpak!

Camthi:
"Approach!"

Concentration (I understand the DC to be 16, based on the implied CMB of the one who tied these): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

(The magic fails as he is jostled by those around him and feels the bite of his bindings)


Byarsh, Estil is already in P11. Also, the concentration DC is only 14

Initiative unchanged
Current Buffs: Inspire Courage +1

Round 2:
The nomad spellcaster stands his ground in the face of the half-dragon flying towards him and casts another spell.

Spellcraft DC 16:
Inhibit (from 3.5 SC)

The half-dragon stops short in the air as a faint shimmering of energy surrounds him.

The nomad in L34 takes this opportunity to charge at him, and stab upwards with a spear thrust to where the guard is hovering which connects.

The nomad in Z34 charges the other guard who has climbed out of the ravine, but the guard is waiting for him and ducks out of the way of the spear while slicing at the camels legs as the charge goes past.

The guard in U27 swings again at the camel which is preparing to wheel around for another pass, striking again.

The guard in G9 is bitten by the summoned dog and spins to attack it as he swears. Katevet foraeres maklakket!

Draconic:
Get off, you mangy cur!

The dog easily leaps aside from his wild spinning swing.

The guard in Q15 rises slowly from where he had been thrown by the first spell and surveys the situation. He seems significantly injured from his being thrown through the air.

The half-dragon guard does nothing, seemingly struggling against the spell which surrounds him.

The guard in U27 swings again at the camel which is preparing to wheel around for another pass. The camel falters, injured, nearly throwing its rifer from the saddle.

The summoned creature in M16 continues gliding across the ground towards your upturned cart. When it reaches the cart it begins smashing the cart open, beginning to splinter the wood. You think it will take another round or two to make a big enough hole to escape. Break DC of cage reduced to 15

Map Round 2

DM Rolls:

Half-dragon Will Save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Nomad Attack on Half-Dragon:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Spear Damage:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Nomad Attack on Guard:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Readied Attack on Nomad:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage on Camel:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack on Camel:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage on Camel:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Attack on Dog:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Female Human (Southern Tribes) Ranger (Guide/Scout) 2

Lylindra, seeing that the bindings are tied with skill beyond hers, decides upon another course of action.

She says quickly to Byarah "Jammer, spel-slinger, maar jy kan nie weef spel as jy dood"

Orcish:
Sorry, spellslinger, but you can't weave spells if you're dead.

She then shouts to all in Camthi, heavily accented by Orcish "Focus on da cage!"

I missed what we're using for Camthi, insofar as google translate is concerned. Perhaps we could put together a list of all the languages and the counterparts we'll use in the OOC channel

She attempts to break some of the bars weakened by the strange creature.

Strength to break 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

She cannot get a grip at all though, and her efforts make no difference, save to anger her further.


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

I will probably be elsewhere by the time my turn rolls around, so my actions are printed below. I posted in the OOC thread about language continuity.

Assuming Byarsh remains tied and wagon remains unbroken:
He will try to break out of the cage towards the north as a standard action. If he makes it through, he will try to push through the draft animals to J 11.

Strength Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Byarsh plants his shoulder against the bars and tries to push through, but he fails miserably.


Male Human Summoner (Master Summoner) 2

The attack on the dog of 11 actually hits as he had charged the guard. (AC13 - 2 = AC11)


Excellent point, I missed that charge.

DM Rolls:

Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human (from the northern jungles) Bard 1

I'm probably going out for a couple of hours so to allow action to continue I'll post the following.

On initiative 6:

Spellcraft 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

I maintain my bardic performance (in Camith). "yeah my friend Enki and I were in a similar situation and it worked out just fine...well for me, poor Enki never really recovered"

I kick at the cage walls trying to break us free, while indicating my still bound hands to my fellow captives.

Strength Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

My feeble blows barely rattle the thick wooden bars of the impossibly tough cage.


Male Human Summoner (Master Summoner) 2

Just so I am clear, the Bardic Performance is language dependent so anyone that doesn't understand Camith gains no benefit? (specifically related to the dog).


Bardic Performace is not language dependant, just mind-effecting. Works on all allies no matter what languages they can understand.


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

Must have something to do with the rhythm and rhyme of the performance that we can get such a benefit without understanding the words. Ah, the magic of bards


Male Human Summoner (Master Summoner) 2

My actions once Estil and Byarsh act (shouldn't change regardless of their actions)

The celestial dog yowls in pain as the guard lands a nasty blow but then growls fiercely as it retaliates.
Celestial Dog Bite Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, Dmg 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"We moeten proberen en sla zoveel mogelijk, niemand verdient het leven dat ik heb gehad".

Camthi:
We must try and save as many as possible, no-one deserves the life I have had.

"Adhibete monstrum".
Concentration 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Summon Celestial Dog into square J-12
Dm Caleth:
My default action when a Celestial/Fiendish summoned creature appears is to use the Smite Evil/Good as a swift action on the first target that they attack. (some may be evil/good, some may not but they are animal int, so they don't know that).

If Guard #1 still stands Dog #2 moves to G-11 and attacks or if Guard #1 is down, charges to P-15 and attacks Guard #2.
Celestial Dog #2 Bite Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 (24 if charged Guard #2), Dmg 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

DM Caleth:
Celestial Dog #1 Health: 6 hp - 5 dmg = 1 hp
Celestial Dog #2 health: 6 hp


I'm not sure where Estil is, I'll give him a little longer to take his turn then I'll get things moving again.


Human Free Hand Fighter

Estil attemts to kick the cage open and hopefully get a club out of it.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


With a mighty kick, Estil puts his foot straight through the damaged cage.

Estil:
You can use the broken pieces of the cage as a light improvised weapon which deals peircing and slashing damage

Estil broke the cage open on intitiave count 16. Anyone going after that can change their action if they want and then we will proceed with the next round.


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

My only modification is that Byarsh would move to Q 11 in preparation for picking up a wood shard for sawing apart ropes.


Male Human Summoner (Master Summoner) 2

Changes to my above action
"Ja, vrijheid is van mij weer! Neem dat je draak-krom tuig!"

Camthi:
Yes, Freedom is mine once again! Take that you dragon-warped scum!

With the brave words uttered I quickly take refuge in M-12, attempting to put the strange creature between myself and the guard in Q-15. (move action)


Timmon's summoned dog snaps at the guard, but he kicks it away. However the second dog takes advantage of that distraction to run up and leap on him, tearing his throat out.

Round 3:
Initiative Order:
Tribesmen 22
Guards 21
Lylindra 18
Estil 16
Byarsh 14
Timmon 8
Tama 6
Active Buffs: Inspire Courage +1

The Half-Dragon shakes off the spell he had been struggling against and turns to the spellcaster. He opens his mouth and blast of fire rolls forth. The spellcaster attempts to leap out of the way, but the blast of fire is too wide. He draws a longsword, a wicked grin on his already wicked face.

The spellcaster rises and casts another spell, jabbing his staff at his opponent. A grey beam of energy shoots out of the end of the staff.

The nomad in W28 and the guard he is engaged in meele with trade blows. The guard continues to aim for the camel, trying to bring the nomad's mount out from under him. The nomad, scores a hit as he wheels his mount around.

The nomad in O22 rides down the slope of the ravine and tosses a dagger into the cart with you. Presumably to cut your bonds. He shouts in Sharrim Ücretsiz erkek kardeşler olarak bize katılın! (using Turkish for Sharrim)

Sharrim:
Join us as free men brothers!

The summoned creature comprehends that your cage has been broken and glides off towards the southernmost cart to free the slaves trapped there.

The guard in Q15 sees that you have broken out and advances threateningly, drawing his short sword. I eidikí kratoúmenoi drapetévoun !. He shouts. The Half-Dragon's head whips around at this.

Draconic:
The special prisoners are escaping!

Byarsh:
You feel the presence of your familiar, and looking up you can barely make it out, arrowing downwards out of the sky.

DM Rolls:
Ref v. Breath Weapon:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Breath Weapon Damage:2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Ranged Touch:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Ray Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Nomad Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Nomad Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Guard Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

Quick request: Would you please reprint the initiative each round, even if it is unchanged from the previous round? It helps avoid extra scrolling back and forth. Much appreciated.


Female Human (Southern Tribes) Ranger (Guide/Scout) 2

Lylindra will grab the dagger before it even hits the ground (move action to pick up a weapon), curtly nodding her thanks. She will take a 5ft step down to O-11. She readies an action to cut the bonds of the first caster who is within reach and holds up bonds for her to cut, shouting in her accented Camthi "Spel-slingeraars, aan my as jy jou hande vry!"

Camthi:
Spellslingers, to me if you want your hands free!


Male Tiefling (formerly human) Witch (Dimensional Witch) 7

After Estil Acts:
Byarsh picks up a sharp piece of wood, takes a five foot step from Q 11 to P 10, holds up his bonds to be cut by Lylindra (triggering her readied action), and then slashes at the ropes around Tama's hands. He will then hold out the sharp sliver for Tama to grab it, as he looks more capable than Byarsh.

Slashing damage, likely needing to do 2 damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Byarsh points at the guard just outside our wagon. "Om te overleven we bewegen als een. Aanval die wacht!"

Camthi:
"To survive this, we act as one. Get that guard!"


Tama and Byarsh are now untied.


Male Human (from the northern jungles) Bard 1

I maintain my bardic performance.

I grab up my improvised weapon and charge the closest nomad guard.

Attack Roll (improvised,charging,bardic music) 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 2

I slash wildly, hands still numb from their bonds.


Male Human (from the northern jungles) Bard 1
Tama Eloni wrote:

I maintain my bardic performance.

I grab up my improvised weapon and charge the closest nomad guard.

Attack Roll (improvised,charging,bardic music) 1d20+1+2+2-4

I slash wildly, hands still numb from their bonds.

Sorry I meant attack nearest slave caravan guard, not nearest nomad...


Human Free Hand Fighter

will pass on his action for this round. Several thunderstorms have been hitting this area causing some power loss, and I've had a sudden explosion of hours. Tomorrow I should be able to read and post again normally.

1 to 50 of 587 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Caleth's Bronze Age: Gods Among Mere Mortals All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.