One first level spell...


Rules Questions


Hello everyone. I know there is a trait that allows non-casters to cast 1 0 level spell as a spell-like ability 1/day. Is there something that would allow the same thing for one 1st level spell instead?


Major Magic rogue talent.


TheMooCow wrote:
Hello everyone. I know there is a trait that allows non-casters to cast 1 0 level spell as a spell-like ability 1/day. Is there something that would allow the same thing for one 1st level spell instead?

Only specific class ability.


There's the Rogue Advanced Talent called "Major Arcana".


DungeonmasterCal wrote:
There's the Rogue Advanced Talent called "Major Arcana".

Major Magic


My Self wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
There's the Rogue Advanced Talent called "Major Arcana".
Major Magic

Thanks for correcting the name!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Also, Major Magic is simply a rogue talent -- it is not an "advanced" one. You could gain that talent as early as 3rd level via the Extra Rogue Talent feat, assuming that the rogue talent you selected at 2nd level was Minor Magic.


There are the robes of the Hedge wizard that let you cast a specific first level spell. It's an item not a feat or ability, so maybe not that you are looking for.


There's also racial traits (not race traits) that grants higher level spells than 0.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you can do 3rd party you can do something similar with the psionic feats from Dreamscarred press.

Take a psionic race, then add Unlocked Talent Feat. Doesn't matter what class you take b/c this is a racial thing.


David knott 242 wrote:

Also, Major Magic is simply a rogue talent -- it is not an "advanced" one. You could gain that talent as early as 3rd level via the Extra Rogue Talent feat, assuming that the rogue talent you selected at 2nd level was Minor Magic.

Dang, that's what I get for trying to help someone from a faulty memory fogged by pain medication. Thanks for correcting my goof.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You can take Psychic Sensitivity and two follow-on feats to get a first-level spell from the Psychic list. Divine Anthology has a feat that lets you cast one of two first-level domain spells 1/day. (Minor Miracle, I think.) Plenty of racial options, of course.


TheMooCow wrote:
Hello everyone. I know there is a trait that allows non-casters to cast 1 0 level spell as a spell-like ability 1/day. Is there something that would allow the same thing for one 1st level spell instead?

What are you trying to accomplish in general?

If you are attempting to do this for having a SLA to count for a prestige class you should know they reversed that ruling and now SLA only count as a prerequisite if they are specifically called out.

For example, if you had mage hand as a SLA it would qualify for arcane trickster's prereq to be able to cast mage hand.

Having Dimension Door counts as a SLA coutns for Dimensional Agility feat. However, it wouldn't count as being able to cast 4th level spells.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Rules Questions / One first level spell... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.