Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

130,101 to 130,150 of 238,571 << first < prev | 2598 | 2599 | 2600 | 2601 | 2602 | 2603 | 2604 | 2605 | 2606 | 2607 | 2608 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
O(k. My jokes suck. I will stop now before I get too drained.

No mint for you!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Barzillai Thrune, Mint Nazi wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
O(k. My jokes suck. I will stop now before I get too drained.
No mint for you!!!

I will bare my soul, but you bared your body.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*blushes*

Well, maybe a little.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Just got home and am installing Fallout 4. ~sighs~ It says 43 minutes and 32 seconds remaining.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Definitely Bastion. One of the best storytelling experiences in a game that I've ever had.

Do you know Transistor? I ask only because it's another game by the same people who did Bastion.

(That's all I know about them.)

Both are kinda Zelda-ish, Bastion is kinda more the typical fantasy world (with a dash of post-apocalypse) while Transistor is more modern.

I've only played Bastion so I don't know much more about the latter.


Sharoth wrote:
Just got home and am installing Fallout 4. ~sighs~ It says 43 minutes and 32 seconds remaining.

~shakes my monitor~ Hurry up DAMNIT!!! I NEED MY FALLOUT FIX!!!!! ~foams at the mouth and twitches~


Orthos wrote:
Definitely Bastion. One of the best storytelling experiences in a game that I've ever had.
Tacticslion wrote:

Do you know Transistor? I ask only because it's another game by the same people who did Bastion.

(That's all I know about them.)

Orthos wrote:

Both are kinda Zelda-ish, Bastion is kinda more the typical fantasy world (with a dash of post-apocalypse) while Transistor is more modern.

I've only played Bastion so I don't know much more about the latter.

Thanks! I appreciate the information! :D

Follow-up: do you create a character in Bastion, or is it "here's a character, they level up as you choose", or what's the idea?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*bangs head against shelf*

How can I have an hour and a half left, this is inhumane I say!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday, In Real Time wrote:

*bangs head against shelf*

How can I have an hour and a half left, this is inhumane I say!

Puts Captain Yesterday into a endless temporal loop, repeating the last three hours over and over again~


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can tell you exactly when they'll play Let it Go!

Any time now, right after the boy band version of the TMNT theme song (which is actually worse than it sounds)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It has been nice know you all. Fallout 4 just finished installing. ~dives into the Matrix~


1 person marked this as a favorite.

~remembers that my Mom and her boyfriend have never seen the Matrix, goes and grabs it to take to her house tomorrow~

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Definitely Bastion. One of the best storytelling experiences in a game that I've ever had.
Tacticslion wrote:

Do you know Transistor? I ask only because it's another game by the same people who did Bastion.

(That's all I know about them.)

Orthos wrote:

Both are kinda Zelda-ish, Bastion is kinda more the typical fantasy world (with a dash of post-apocalypse) while Transistor is more modern.

I've only played Bastion so I don't know much more about the latter.

Thanks! I appreciate the information! :D

Follow-up: do you create a character in Bastion, or is it "here's a character, they level up as you choose", or what's the idea?

More the latter. You play The Kid and he's his own character (though he's mostly a silent protagonist as I recall) but you customize his stats and such as he advances.


Thanks! :)


So... does anyone know what happened to nuklearforums.com?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Ambiguity in the English language


I'm talkin' about it!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
So... does anyone know what happened to nuklearforums.com?

Huh? No idea.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Wow. So far Fallout 4 has been really good. IMHO it is already better than Fallout 3. Only time will tell if it equals Fallout New Vegas.

Freehold DM and Captain Yesterday, I think you both will enjoy it if you liked Fallout 3.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

The best car ad you'll ever see.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
The best car ad you'll ever see.

OMG,

LUV IT!

Blast from my past, (There I go showing my age again)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You can't have this alias. It's mine now.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ninja weapon tech support.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Dibs on this one.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Perhaps i've gone too far.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Perhaps i've gone too far.

There is no such thing. You can go Not Far Enough. You can go Just Far Enough. And then you can Redefine Enough.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ragadolf wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
The best car ad you'll ever see.

OMG,

LUV IT!

Blast from my past, (There I go showing my age again)

Or maybe it's a blast from your future...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterdays Winter Madness wrote:

I can tell you exactly when they'll play Let it Go!

Any time now, right after the boy band version of the TMNT theme song (which is actually worse than it sounds)

Worse than it sounds?

Worse than it sounds?!

Is this the Nidal HQ of Toys R Us or what?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You should hear the kiddie calypso sing along of the Spongebob theme song. Luckily I have 7 nerd brothers that love to monologue and listen to bad 80s music so I'm a master at tuning it all out, except REO Speedwagon, Enya, Richard Marx and whatever band did Money for Nothing, those I cannot tolerate (to be fair Money for Nothing only pisses me off because such an awesome guitar riff was wasted on such a s~+&ty song)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
You should hear the kiddie calypso sing along of the Spongebob theme song. Luckily I have 7 nerd brothers that love to monologue and listen to bad 80s music so I'm a master at tuning it all out, except REO Speedwagon, Enya, Richard Marx and whatever band did Money for Nothing, those I cannot tolerate (to be fair Money for Nothing only pisses me off because such an awesome guitar riff was wasted on such a s!&!ty song)

I know what to make your ring tone now, thanks!


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Aliaso ad absurdum.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
...whatever band did Money for Nothing, those I cannot tolerate (to be fair Money for Nothing only pisses me off because such an awesome guitar riff was wasted on such a s+~&ty song)

You're down on Dire Straits plus Sting?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

For some reason, my alarm wasn't on this morning and we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground with more on the way. Of course, I have about 3 hours of driving for work/medical today and desperately need new tires and am now running late. Thank goodness for AAA!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Treppa wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
...whatever band did Money for Nothing, those I cannot tolerate (to be fair Money for Nothing only pisses me off because such an awesome guitar riff was wasted on such a s+~&ty song)
You're down on Dire Straits plus Sting?

The 80s was not a good time for a growing up Captain Yesterday, my taste in music reflects that pain, I'm cool with Genesis, Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins tho, Land of Confusion is a classic. :-)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm sorry the 80s were so awful for you.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I am sorry you could not appreciate the 80s. :-)

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I was born in the 80s and didn't really reach cognitive awareness until 1990ish, which may or may not contribute to why I view 80s stuff with a positively-inclined hazy nostalgia. Afraid I can't sympathize with your suffering, Cap.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I regret nothing!!

Besides the 80s weren't all bad, there was Fishbone, Suicidal Tendencies, Anthrax, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Metallica.

Just didn't like the mainstream-look at-my-collar-it's-so-big-can-we-add-more-synth-to-this-and-maybe-some-cocai ne-stuff that was popular and is so cliche now.

But you know everyone has different taste in music, so you might not agree:-D

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Definitely Bastion. One of the best storytelling experiences in a game that I've ever had.

Do you know Transistor? I ask only because it's another game by the same people who did Bastion.

(That's all I know about them.)

I know a few people who have played it, and they've all really enjoyed it. Not played it myself though.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Evening FaWtL. Hope everyone's doing well today. Just picked up Fallout 4. :) Now just to finish work. :P


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I checked out the guide for that last night at work and holy s~!$ is it thick!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

So... what does it say when you put on slacks and a button-down shirt and the entire family takes one look at you and asks, "Are you going to HQ today?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You should wear clothes more often.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
So... what does it say when you put on slacks and a button-down shirt and the entire family takes one look at you and asks, "Are you going to HQ today?"

The only difference between my work clothes and my day-to-day clothes are that my not-work clothes have jeans and no tie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I wore a tie, once.

I was six.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Envy.

I hate ties but they're required by company policy.

I still have yet to understand how a glorified napkin became an essential part of business clothing etiquette.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:

Envy.

I hate ties but they're required by company policy.

I still have yet to understand how a glorified napkin became an essential part of business clothing etiquette.

As opposed to working for the Evil Empire (IE=Microsoft)

Where ties are Verbotten! :)

Seriously , My AV company had a salesman that landed us the Microsoft AV business for a few years. He made the mistake of showing up at MS HQ with his usual tie on. They walked up and said hi, took out a pair of scissors, and Cut his tie off right there in the lobby. :)

He never wore a tie to MS again. :)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The second time they tried to put a tie on me I was 7.

It took 2 hours to negotiate my coming down from the barn rafters, which was only accomplished when they agreed that if nice clothes are to be worn a sweater will have to suffice.

130,101 to 130,150 of 238,571 << first < prev | 2598 | 2599 | 2600 | 2601 | 2602 | 2603 | 2604 | 2605 | 2606 | 2607 | 2608 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.