Desperate Hunger Cultist

ograx's page

Organized Play Member. 322 posts. 1 review. No lists. No wishlists. 1 Organized Play character.


RSS

1 to 50 of 322 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

I don't know how much money Paizo got for the first Owlcat games but I feel like they should've done whatever they could to keep Owlcat making Pathfinder games for the brand exposure. Owlcat doing a 2E game would've been fantastic to show off the new system and get their brand out there. I will buy the Rogue Trader nevertheless because I love CRPGs. Please Paizo push for more Pathfinder videogames.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

They won’t be able to stop losing employees just like the rest of the USA right now. The grass is greener on the other side across all industries. I know it sucks for us as gamers to see these people leave Paizo but they are leaving for what I would imagine is a very valid and supportable reason. Money.


You guys are missing out on something awesome I haven't seen anyone mention.

Redone maps with Forgotten Adventures assets.

I have been a Patreon of theirs since the beginning and I can say any map done with their assets will be a real treat.

Just wanted to make sure they got mentioned as if you build maps or use dungeondraft they are an excellent choice to use!

This is great news, I'm glad Paizo realized they had a big group of people on Foundry that wanted official content and made the happen.


I have a summoner player with an Eidolon that has failed a few saving throws for a disease and is about to die.

Do effects from diseases or death or being unconscious effect the summoner if it is afflicting the Eidolon?

If it doesn't effect the summoner what happens to the eidolon when it dies from a disease? Does it just disappear like regular damage then reappear when summoned?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I understand the writers not wanting to write about dark subjects and I'm ok with that. I just change out anything in any AP I want to make darker or grittier or just different and that's that.

When Paizo starting being more aware and woke I was taken aback by it at first then I came to the conclusion that if it appeals to more people and makes more people feel included that is nothing but a good thing.


I remember our high school receiving free computer games from companies for the computer club and I know its not feasible for Paizo or any other TTRPG company to send out free rulebooks but sending out the CRB and Bestiary and maybe an adventure path as a PDF to any registered high school seems like a great idea to me.

Lets be real on the piracy front too, if someone wants to get something it's not hard.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is this available through my LGS or anyplace in Canada?


Congratulations to the new hires. I wish you all the best in your new positions and look forward to seeing what new directions and products the future brings.

Looks like some well versed and varied careers !


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm going to echo some of the sentiments here as a physical product purchaser that I would love to use this at my table but having to buy everything again is a hard no for me.

The products looks like it will be top notch and I'm excited to see what demiplane does but the added cost is just too much to make it feasible to use.

I would love Paizo to include a QR code system or something for those of us who purchase physical product to be included in this new digitalization they are shooting for with the Paizo connect.

I am long time GM who buys every Starfinder/Pathfinder product but I also use a table tv and other digital things at my table which means I need to sometimes purchase an AP twice so I can use the maps at my table and have easier access to the AP while playing the game.

Please Paizo integrate physical with digital somehow!

I am in Canada so subscribing from you isn't really an option due to the exorbitant shipping cost and I love to support my LGS.

If you truly want to join the digital age I think you are taking the right steps and this product looks amazing but we need some love for the purchases of the actual physical product as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
ograx wrote:

Well hopefully their union works out.

In my experience in unions however the results are very mixed and very biased to show favoritism to senior members with more years with a company.

Wages go up and people deemed not as necessary get laid off to pay for wage increases.

More positions are created and I imagine with Paizo hiring a fulltime HR person one or more people might get laid off to make room in budget.

I truly hope I'm wrong but after 25+ years in a heavily unionized industry I know full well the pitfalls and benefits of unionizing.

I've been kept on in jobs because of years served when they didn't need me as an additional supervisor because of a union. I would've rather them kept some of the young guys who needed the job more than me because I have very in-demand job skills and getting a new job isn't hard and usually ends up with pay increase or at the very least ends up being the same.

what benefits? You're only discussing pitfalls.

That's fair of you to mention, the benefits I had being in a union were wage increases that were usually yearly and pretty good job security. I'm in Canada so health benefits work differently here but I actually have better health benefits now being in a non-union job. My wages are higher as well but I'm an outlier in that I have a supervisory position in a large construction company.

My experience with unions is in a totally different country and industry.

From what I've read on USA unions though the picture isn't great.

Please don't take any of this as me being negative on Paizo employees fighting for themselves I just think people might be counting on a union being some miraculous cure when it's very possible it ends up being far from it.

I've heard some of the numbers over the years what Paizo employees make and its horrendous when compared to what the living costs of the state are but only the Paizo owners and executives know if Paizo can actually afford to pay them more.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Well hopefully their union works out.

In my experience in unions however the results are very mixed and very biased to show favoritism to senior members with more years with a company.

Wages go up and people deemed not as necessary get laid off to pay for wage increases.

More positions are created and I imagine with Paizo hiring a fulltime HR person one or more people might get laid off to make room in budget.

I truly hope I'm wrong but after 25+ years in a heavily unionized industry I know full well the pitfalls and benefits of unionizing.

I've been kept on in jobs because of years served when they didn't need me as an additional supervisor because of a union. I would've rather them kept some of the young guys who needed the job more than me because I have very in-demand job skills and getting a new job isn't hard and usually ends up with pay increase or at the very least ends up being the same.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mark Stratton wrote:
ograx wrote:


Sure but you deleted my post earlier today which was neither baiting or offensive, you can't just delete someone because they don't agree with your views.

I'll say it again though.

Hiring a diversity consultant full-time for a company of 75 is ludicrous.

Hiring a HR person for a company of 75 is great.

Hiring either position will probably entail a salary more than most Paizo employees make.

I support a few Paizo employees on Patreon and have bought kickstarters from some that I will probably never use but I like to support the people who make the games I love.

People boycotting and bandwagoning on allegations goes pretty hard against something the USA dearly loves. Innocent until proven guilty.

Stopping subscriptions and purchasing of product might hurt the company or even kill it but the only people who will really lose the most with those actions are the people you say you are trying to support.

Why is hiring a diversity person for 80 or so people ludicrous?

And innocent until proven guilty is a legal issue - it’s not a customer based one - our society allows people to choose what to buy and from whom, or to not buy.

An average HR person makes 60K a year in washington.

I would imagine any kind of fulltime consultant would be about the same or more.

I would imagine based on what I have seen that most Paizo employees would be thrilled if they had a 60K a year salaried position.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Raychael wrote:
Removed the obviously baiting comments and replies. Reminder to look over the community guidelines before you post something just to get a rise out of someone else.

Sure but you deleted my post earlier today which was neither baiting or offensive, you can't just delete someone because they don't agree with your views.

I'll say it again though.

Hiring a diversity consultant full-time for a company of 75 is ludicrous.

Hiring a HR person for a company of 75 is great.

Hiring either position will probably entail a salary more than most Paizo employees make.

I support a few Paizo employees on Patreon and have bought kickstarters from some that I will probably never use but I like to support the people who make the games I love.

People boycotting and bandwagoning on allegations goes pretty hard against something the USA dearly loves. Innocent until proven guilty.

Stopping subscriptions and purchasing of product might hurt the company or even kill it but the only people who will really lose the most with those actions are the people you say you are trying to support.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

In order for a union to work and a company to be able to successfully unionize and raise wages the company would need to be profitable and not just barely scraping by.

I don't know if Paizo can afford the wages people are wanting.

I think profit margins are shrinking and Paizo is mostly just paying the wages with very little top end profit as of now.

Could I be wrong? Yes.


Foundry is the way to go for PF2E and it's the only VTT I will use personally.

I buy all my products as actual books but I was buying PDFs to use with foundry even though I owned the actual books and had no need for the PDFs other than to import into Foundry which did require a legitimate copy.

The lockdown is over so I don't use Foundry anymore but I wouldn't consider any other VTT and if I had to play online again I would gladly buy more PDFs from Paizo to use them in Foundry.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

This is huge for Paizo and pathfinder. Reviews are coming in great and the player count is fantastic. Very good exposure to the brand.


The last thing I care about is whether the bases are clear or black. Great looking minis. Good job getting these on the market Paizo!


I watched a stream with a developer where it was mentioned that classes have a mathematical formula that is calculated for every class to keep them somewhat balanced.

I imagine Legendary is a huge + number to that formula.


Foundry is King.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I still am not getting these sent to my email and I did make sure I have the right privacy settings to receive these emails. Any ideas why

Would love to receive these stories.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Would love for them to do a DM set.

Edit: Nevermind too expensive for my blood.


Yeah my LGS in Canada was willing to do for me for cost and it was still around 400$ at cost so I can only imagine what MSRP is. It's nice though definitely a collectors item. I know the WOTC dragon head on the plaque was fairly expensive as well. I'm still on fence whether I am going to purchase.


I've always wanted fancy dice but as the DM and needing to roll 16d6 on occasion I've opted for plain black translucent dice which I know are weighted and balanced properly.

That said I do still buy the odd fancy set which sits on a shelf for years.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Awesome hazard. I hope Archives of Nethys is adding in these things that you guys are posting.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Good for Paizo. I don’t play this system or have any interest in it but love to see the setting get the love.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'd love to see some Paizo children's books.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I’m looking more forward to the possibility of these classes being part of items book than anything.


Miniatures look good, tempting. WoTC used to have boosters with 8 minis and I was ok buying those but when they scaled down to 4 minis for a 18$ pack I just can’t justify it anymore. ( Canadian price)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I love these little kind of addition you guys do. Adds so much to the world and game.


Glad to hear it’s doing fine.


Returning to bi-monthly?

Is Starfinder not doing well sales wise?


I agree the map files should be more easily imported into VTT. I'm sure Paizo is listening and it looks like the later society PDFs do have map files that are able to be imported easily.


I’ve been wanting some more expansions to the downtime system which I hope is coming in future books. Downtime quests where you need to make skill checks to succeed at things or other creative things would be great.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tanessa Fleer has some very low stats for a level 9 NPC and shares AC and saves with the mooks she is in encounter with, is this a typo for her stats?


Great to see new Pathfinder fiction. Now if we can get a PF2 videogame that would be fantastic!


I don't get why you would use the lower skill check either so I houseruled that you can't use the same check twice in a row for NPCs for trick checks to make it make some sense.

I feel as if the circus rules could've used some more love if it was meant to be such a big theme.


I’m all for new products in the PF world.


Invisibility so I could steal billions of dollars.


As someone who buys the physical product from my LGS but uses a TableTV to display the maps can I somehow get access to these upgraded map files?


7 people marked this as a favorite.

I feel like as long as a GM is trying to do his best and putting effort forth the onus really falls on the players to make known what they don't like or what they feel would be better for them.

Good GMs will listen and bad ones won't.

Being a GM is a very time consuming task and I spend about 5-8 hours weekly prepping maps and pawns and reading to make sure I am ready to GM.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Way too much to sift through and give a response.


I've noticed alot of the blurry text in almost all of the books from PF2. I can send pics in Paizo if needed.


Wisdom of the 12 ancients.


Sounds like you need to ditch Roll20 and get Foundry. Join the Foundry discord and find a game there.


The high res images should be made available where possible for older AP's.

I buy the products physically from my LGS and I wish there was a way for Paizo to make the maps available to download for me as I use a TableTV.


I think this game hitting consoles is really a chance for Paizo to market their product. RPG's have always been one of the bigger markets for videogames and I hope Paizo is really getting behind this and marketing it as best as they can.

Pathfinder becoming a mainstream name like D&D should be the goal with this especially with the game being such a great game.


I am on the fence whether I like the Circus mechanic and the AP focus on it. I think its simple and interesting enough to engage players but lacks any real crunch to it other than small changes here and there. We are halfway done the second book or so and I've only read the first 3 books so that is all I can speak too. The encounters I have been impressed with and their is a good variety even with all the Xulgath influence.

We've done 3 circus shows so far and we are just about to go into chapter 2.

I do however like as a GM the switch to something off the wall like a circus troupe.


20 people marked this as a favorite.

I spent 500$+ on this product and I’d rather wait a year extra than get something rushed or lacklustre. Thanks for the update. Knowing James Jacobs is fathering this project gives me complete confidence in it being worth the wait. Best of luck James!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I like the non-human approach and am all for having different types of adventures than the usual.

1 to 50 of 322 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>