Illustration by Wayne Reynolds


Prepare to Play with Fire

Friday, September 17, 2010

The open playtest for Ultimate Magic begins Monday.

Wes Schneider
Managing Editor

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Playtest Wayne Reynolds
51 to 100 of 160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Mikaze wrote:

So....

Male hand or female hand?

Any takers?

I guess, Female, Human.


vagrant-poet wrote:
Mikaze wrote:

So....

Male hand or female hand?

Any takers?

I guess, Female, Human.

EDIT: Or, looking at the bracelet, that the new iconic is Seltyiel rejigged!

Sovereign Court

Mikaze wrote:

So....

Male hand or female hand?

Any takers?

There's very little difference between a male hand and a female hand.

At least, that's what I was told by my CO, when we were camped in the bush.
And if it was good enough for me, when I was a lad, then it's good enough for my privates, today!

Dark Archive

its a green hag hand


What are the name and races of all the Iconics so far?

Alahazra human garundi female
Seelah human garundi female
Alain human taldan male
Ezren human taldan male
Amiri human kellid female
Feiya human ? female
Kyra human keleshite female
Sajan human vudrani male
Seoni human varisian female
Valeros human chelaxian male

Balazar gnome male
Lini gnome female
Damiel elf male
Merisiel elf female
Harsk dwarf ranger male
Imrijka half orc female
Lem halfing male
Seltyiel half-elf male

9 females vs 9 males so we're even on genders

If it's human, it's probably not gardundi nor taldan.
If it's human it's probably male (6 females vs 4 males)

If it's demihuman its probably not elf nor gnome, so it could be
- Dwarf female
- Half orc male
- Halfing female
- Half elf female (yumm! :) )

(which also lead me to recognize Seltyel is the only multiclass iconic)

Silver Crusade

Beek Gwenders of Croodle wrote:


If it's demihuman its probably not elf nor gnome, so it could be
- Dwarf female
- Half orc male
- Halfing female
- Half elf female (yumm! :) )

(which also lead me to recognize Seltyel is the only multiclass iconic)

To add to that and the above lists, here's what we don't have so far.

Race/gender combos:

Female dwarf
Female half-elf
Female halfling
Male half-orc

Ethnicities:

Arcadian
Mwangi
Shoanti
Tien
Ulfen (? I think Feiya is this, isn't she?)

Shadow Lodge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 8

Mikaze wrote:
Beek Gwenders of Croodle wrote:


If it's demihuman its probably not elf nor gnome, so it could be
- Dwarf female
- Half orc male
- Halfing female
- Half elf female (yumm! :) )

(which also lead me to recognize Seltyel is the only multiclass iconic)

To add to that and the above lists, here's what we don't have so far.

Race/gender combos:

Female dwarf
Female half-elf
Female halfling
Male half-orc

Ethnicities:

Arcadian
Mwangi
Shoanti
Tien
Ulfen (? I think Feiya is this, isn't she?)

Feiya is Tien, I believe, but from Irrisen.

Dark Archive

Clearly, the new iconic is a sentient crawling claw. Being a single hand, it lacks gender.

Ultimate Magic will be unveiling the crawling claw as a base PC race. It's got abilities making it suitable only as a magus, or as a paladin of Asmodeus. Also, they get all the guns for free. And they are held in high esteem by the Ouat Caste dwarves because they killed all the dinosaurs.

This information is direct from my alternate universe copy of the Guide to the Inner Sea, so if you live in Dimension 37B-0009726S, I have unveiled some massive spoilers. Please contact your Paizo Watch Officer and have me thrown in space-jail.

And Mark's prolly right. This'd make sense as a afternoon release, similar to the RPG Superstar stuff. But I could swear the APG playtests went live as a Blog post, so I'm gonna play the odds and go with midnight.

We shall see who wins, eh, Mr. Moreland? And Fish of Prodigious Gaming Talents? :D

Oh, and Ben: Feiya is on fire. We just can't tell because Irrisen's so damn cold.

Did I mention I have a fever and cannot think as properly as my limited faculties normally allow? :P


N'wah wrote:

Clearly, the new iconic is a sentient crawling claw. Being a single hand, it lacks gender.

Ultimate Magic will be unveiling the crawling claw as a base PC race. It's got abilities making it suitable only as a magus, or as a paladin of Asmodeus. Also, they get all the guns for free. And they are held in high esteem by the Ouat Caste dwarves because they killed all the dinosaurs.

This information is direct from my alternate universe copy of the Guide to the Inner Sea, so if you live in Dimension 37B-0009726S, I have unveiled some massive spoilers. Please contact your Paizo Watch Officer and have me thrown in space-jail.

And Mark's prolly right. This'd make sense as a afternoon release, similar to the RPG Superstar stuff. But I could swear the APG playtests went live as a Blog post, so I'm gonna play the odds and go with midnight.

We shall see who wins, eh, Mr. Moreland? And Fish of Prodigious Gaming Talents? :D

Oh, and Ben: Feiya is on fire. We just can't tell because Irrisen's so damn cold.

Did I mention I have a fever and cannot think as properly as my limited faculties normally allow? :P

*Points a flintlock at N'wah.* Okay Yellow Dingo, your madness ends here, tell me what you have done with ashton and I'll return you to your natural habitate of the off topic section, in a near unharmed state, but should i find out that you've hurt that lovable little artist, i shall be forced to dream up deviant and unusual punishment for you.

Grand Lodge

Ah cool. Public play test again.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
N'wah wrote:

Clearly, the new iconic is a sentient crawling claw. Being a single hand, it lacks gender.

Ultimate Magic will be unveiling the crawling claw as a base PC race. It's got abilities making it suitable only as a magus, or as a paladin of Asmodeus. Also, they get all the guns for free. And they are held in high esteem by the Ouat Caste dwarves because they killed all the dinosaurs.

This information is direct from my alternate universe copy of the Guide to the Inner Sea, so if you live in Dimension 37B-0009726S, I have unveiled some massive spoilers. Please contact your Paizo Watch Officer and have me thrown in space-jail.

And Mark's prolly right. This'd make sense as a afternoon release, similar to the RPG Superstar stuff. But I could swear the APG playtests went live as a Blog post, so I'm gonna play the odds and go with midnight.

We shall see who wins, eh, Mr. Moreland? And Fish of Prodigious Gaming Talents? :D

Oh, and Ben: Feiya is on fire. We just can't tell because Irrisen's so damn cold.

Did I mention I have a fever and cannot think as properly as my limited faculties normally allow? :P

I find it slightly scary that N'wah-with-a-fever makes more sense than most of the posts I make while perfectly healthy/sober.

Dark Archive

Kajehase wrote:
I find it slightly scary that N'wah-with-a-fever makes more sense than most of the posts I make while perfectly healthy/sober.

As a man who, if able, would never go anywhere or do anything sober, I have a long and storied experience acting "normal" when my brain doesn't really function all that well. Plus, I'm practically insane anyway. I like to think it's like those Mythos cultists who can appear perfectly rational almost all the time even though they're completely nuts. And like Mythos cultists, I'm pro-tentacle, so we've got a lot in common.

And Zombieneighbours, how DARE you compare me to Yellow Dingo! First off, he's an Aussie. Plus, I can guarantee you he's from Dimension 37B-0009724S, not Dimension 37B-0009726S. Those guys are just wacky. :P

I assure you, aside from the flu, and being extra-crazy, I'm doing just fine. Especially now that I'm on Prednisone, an oral steroid, which will make me feel like a magical superhero until the dose goes down and I become a 'roid-raging sociopath. I'll be back to normal in a few days.

Whatever "normal" is. :P


Captain Snort wrote:
Mikaze wrote:

So....

Male hand or female hand?

Any takers?

There's very little difference between a male hand and a female hand.

At least, that's what I was told by my CO, when we were camped in the bush.
And if it was good enough for me, when I was a lad, then it's good enough for my privates, today!

That's one of the cleverest things I've ever seen posted on these boards.

Dark Archive

so are ye guys saying the next iconic is a demi-lich?


1-on-1 spell duels...

very interesting


Mortimer Duke wrote:

1-on-1 spell duels...

very interesting

Last time I saw spell duels was in the Player's Option: Spells & Magic. Hopefully that means ultimate combat will bring back 1 on 1 blade/weapon dueling. Duel rules would be a much more satisfying way to run an Evil Mirror PC party encounter :D

It's a... (bad parody of a bad flash animation)

Spoiler:

Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish,
Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish.
Magus, Magus.
Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish,
Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish.
Magus, Magus!
Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish,
Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish, Gish!
Ah elf, ah elf, ah it's an OD&D elf!

I do hope there will be options for getting magic into not so magical classes, like Fighter. Something that class could do with its character level based feats instead of getting more combat feats.


magic of farun also had Mage duels in it if I recall.

Dark Archive

HA! I *love* playing with fire... hellfire, that is! ;)


seekerofshadowlight wrote:
magic of farun also had Mage duels in it if I recall.

it did indeed

Scarab Sages

Yeah, I peed in anticipation a lil bit.

Liberty's Edge

Are we there yet?


And so it begins!

Grand Lodge

Nevynxxx wrote:


Paizo's usual line is "Build anticipation towards product release" which implies, the stuff people *most* want, will playtest last....

I think that you are assuming much here. Ever think that playtest actually MEANS playtest too? I do agree thought that playtesting a product does build anticipation but it is not the ONLY thing it does as you seem to imply (or what I think you are implying).

Liberty's Edge

It seems to be Monday. *refreshes front page* Where's the playtest? *refreshes front page* No, I don't have a problem. Why do you ask? *refreshes front page repeatedly* I CAN STOP ANY TIME! *F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5*

=3

Jeremy Puckett


F5

Dark Archive

they lied!!! ok maybe i just need to wait a little longer...


I am sad :( ......I have been up 7 hours and 24 mins waiting on this!!!!!


your prob looking at 3-8PM EST normally playtests are about 5ish EST


F5

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

With all the fire quotes, surprised no one's mentioned...

"Fuego! Fuego Maximo! Burn you bastards, burn"

Lines I've always wanted to use if I ever threw an empowered fire evocation ;-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

You know they do this just to laugh at us and watch us squirm...the drop a teaser like that and then laugh over our posts of waiting on it...F5


So then, what the real question is, what is the local time for all you guys refreshing at the minute?

For me it's only 2:30 pm, so I've got daylight hours to spare. If some of you lot are late into the night I'm very impressed!

BTW: can we have a GMT release time please? Vic?

EDIT: Wwhich page should we be F5-ing on? This thread (doubt it)? The Pathfinder RPG home page (more likely)? The product discussion page (maybe)? Or somewhere else?

So, can we have an (as yet a 404) link to refresh on Vic? And then I'll write a script to refresh it and e-mail when it is made available.

Ta!

Dark Archive

Matthew Morris wrote:

With all the fire quotes, surprised no one's mentioned...

"Fuego! Fuego Maximo! Burn you bastards, burn"

Lines I've always wanted to use if I ever threw an empowered fire evocation ;-)

+1!


Dazylar,if it is 2:30 PM then you are 8 hour in front of Paizo. Being as such ya have a long wait. They nominally put playtest stuff out around 2 PM, so 12-5 is the normal rang for them.

Your looking at 8 pm- 1 am you time


seekerofshadowlight wrote:

Dazylar,if it is 2:30 PM then you are 8 hour in front of Paizo. Being as such ya have a long wait. They nominally put playtest stuff out around 2 PM, so 12-5 is the normal rang for them.

Your looking at 8 pm- 1 am you time

Cheers Seeker! I can wait. The evening is a good time to release it imo. I guess the guys aren't in the office yet so my other questions will have to wait...


Remember Paizo HQ is on the west coast US so they work on Pacific Standard Time, or GMT -8 (-7, PDT daylight savings). Any times given for Paizo operations should be assumed to be based in that time zone. I don't know of a single site that has time zone based rolling releases.


F5

Sovereign Court

I am secretly hoping that the magus is a re-classing of Selytiel with some cool new art.


I'm on the Pacific coast. Went to bed at midnight (hoping for a midnight release), woke up at 7 (hoping to see it then), and now I have physics in 2 hours and I just...can't...pull...myself...away!

...F5...

Maybe it will be back after I shave...


T minus 12 minutes to 8 am on the west coast.


I'm hoping for something remarkable from the book and the new iconic art. I do not beleive Wayne has ever touched pen to paper without me gasping for joy. Heck, even if it is just a hand, I bet it will be the finest hand ever to star in an RPG supplement.

Yes, the restraining order is firmly in place. Wayne has nothing to fear.

My group is almost fighting over the role of Magus in our Kingmaker game. I'm thinking of taking a radical action... a new 5 episode series of all magus(es?) all the time. 4 magi, no waiting!


...F5...

Contributor

Oh come now folks, this is nothing new to our playtests. The playtest doesn't start until the PDF goes out, and the PDF doesn't go out until the new message boards go live, and the new message boards don't go live until Gary and Ross get here to turn them on around [whenever-they-get-out-of-bed], eastern time.

So lets take the Tinker Bell approach to this, lets everyone clap real hard and see if we can wake up the webteam to start the playtest.

I do believe in playtests. I do believe in playtests.


There's a playtest starting?


F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
I do believe in playtests. I do believe in playtests.

I do believe in playtests.

I do believe in playtests.

I do believe in playtests.

Shadow Lodge

*clap, clap*

Contributor

Mikalki wrote:
*clap, clap*
Cocaine Monkey wrote:
I do believe in playtests.

HARDER! BETTER! MORE BELIEVING!

Shadow Lodge

Matrixryu wrote:
So, I can't help but wonder how the templates will work. I assume that the summoner will be giving up something to add the template (which contains some abilities) to his pet.

Dunno why I'm assuming this, but when I read "eidolon templates" I imagined that they'd expand the base forms beyond the measly three given in the APG.

Shadow Lodge

F. Wesley Schneider wrote:
Mikalki wrote:
*clap, clap*
Cocaine Monkey wrote:
I do believe in playtests.
HARDER! BETTER! MORE BELIEVING!

*CLAP! CLAP! CLAPPE-de-CLAPP!*


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
F. Wesley Schneider wrote:

Oh come now folks, this is nothing new to our playtests. The playtest doesn't start until the PDF goes out, and the PDF doesn't go out until the new message boards go live, and the new message boards don't go live until Gary and Ross get here to turn them on around [whenever-they-get-out-of-bed], eastern time.

So lets take the Tinker Bell approach to this, lets everyone clap real hard and see if we can wake up the webteam to start the playtest.

I do believe in playtests. I do believe in playtests.

But Gary is not coming in! The playtest will never start, ahhhh!! ;)

51 to 100 of 160 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Paizo Blog: Prepare to Play with Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.