GM qstor's Emerald Spire 7 & 8

Game Master Qstor

PFS game

maps


251 to 300 of 309 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Riltar Nobettween wrote:
Riltar explore the last room with Muddy, readying for any foe...

GM screen:
Riltar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17quick: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16Lilah: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Muddy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13Koani: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16Yroh: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22Dumm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Muddy searches the door and finds no traps and opens the door.

Inside two humanoids grab their weapons and ready them for attack.

Combat

bold are up

Lilah
Yroh
Riltar
Koani

Bad guys
Muddy
Dumm

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Oracle7 HP59 AC20/TC11/FF19 F+7 R+6 W+8 (+4/disease) CMD17 Spd30ft Init+12 Perc+0 Spell Slots: 1st/8|2nd/7|3rd/4 Chronicles.

"Throw down your weapons or be slain as all others before you have been!" Yroh calls out in warning, preparing to respond if the creatures attack.

Pilfering Hand Disarm on Green: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Yroh of the Snows wrote:

"Throw down your weapons or be slain as all others before you have been!" Yroh calls out in warning, preparing to respond if the creatures attack.

[dice=Pilfering Hand Disarm on Green]1d20+11

Yroh grabs the spear from the creature.

Giant:
"Get stuffed orc!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Oracle7 HP59 AC20/TC11/FF19 F+7 R+6 W+8 (+4/disease) CMD17 Spd30ft Init+12 Perc+0 Spell Slots: 1st/8|2nd/7|3rd/4 Chronicles.

"So you have chosen...death." Catching the weapon, he tosses it over his shoulder.

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

Riltar casts a spell and steps up to the green one.

Casting Arcane Mark; Arcane Accuracy activated as Swift

Spellstrike, Spell Combat, arcane accuracy: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 2 + 4 = 26
magic piercing dmg: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 plus Arcane Mark (invisible version)
electricity dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Regular Attack, +1 Keen Shock Adamantine Rapier, Spell Combat, arcane accuracy: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 2 + 4 = 32
magic piercing dmg: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
electricity dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6

=======================

Confirm Crit on Regular Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 2 + 4 = 27
magic piercing dmg: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Riltar Nobettween wrote:

Riltar casts a spell and steps up to the green one.

Riltar easily kills the one near him.

Lilah and Koani are up

Grand Lodge

f CN ooze & native outsider Shifter 7 | HP 63/63 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +4 |LLV, DV60' |DR 6/slashing | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Lilah flows smoothly into the room, approaches the giant and tries to strike with his spear tail.

Natural Weapon I with Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Lilah Al-Fasi wrote:

Lilah flows smoothly into the room, approaches the giant and tries to strike with his spear tail.

[dice= Natural Weapon I with Power Attack]1d20 +9; 1d6 + 9

Lilah hits but the creature is still alive!

Koani is up

The Concordance

Elf Druid 8 (dinosaur druid)| HP 51/51 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F+7 R+8 W+12(+2 ench) | Perc +13 | Init +9

Koani shoots her bow at the enemy.

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Then she sends Blarg in to attack.


HP 66/66 | AC 22, T 14, FF 18 | F: +10, R: +10, W: +3 (+4 more v. ench) | Perc +6 | Init +3

Blarg moves and gets the bad one.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

With the attacks the creature falls! A set of stairs leads downwards.

Searching the creatures you find a worn note.

"Ambrus Valsin has tasked me with finding a lost wayfinder down these stairs will I be able to complete my mission."

There's a map of the level you've been on and it's dated a week before you arrived. You remember Valsin saying he sent another Pathfinder on ahead of your to the Spire. But had no communication from her.

To be continued....

That's it for this level! Thanks for playing!

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

continuing on Slide 2

Across this small chamber from the ascending staircase, another staircase winds down into darkness. Off to one side is a calm pool of murky water with a pedestal in its center. Atop the pedestal, a golden serpent idol grasps an emerald in its fangs.

what do you guys do?

The Concordance

Elf Druid 8 (dinosaur druid)| HP 51/51 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F+7 R+8 W+12(+2 ench) | Perc +13 | Init +9

Koani looks carefully at the statue from a safe distance, seeing if she notices anything.

Grand Lodge

f CN ooze & native outsider Shifter 7 | HP 63/63 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +4 |LLV, DV60' |DR 6/slashing | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Lilah carefully looks around the place.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

However, from the outside it is noticeable that her gaze is quite scattered and focuses on little.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 4/ranger 3 | AC: 20/15/[20] (18/13/[18]) | HP 78/78 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +2 (+2 FT) | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise, +2 FT) | Rage: 14/14
Attack:
2 claws +14 (1d8+13/x2), bite +9 (1d4+11/x2)

Dumm approaches the pedestal, sniffing the air, eyes darting around, wary of a trap.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Oracle7 HP59 AC20/TC11/FF19 F+7 R+6 W+8 (+4/disease) CMD17 Spd30ft Init+12 Perc+0 Spell Slots: 1st/8|2nd/7|3rd/4 Chronicles.

Yroh offers a prayer to the snows, sweeping the idol with detect magic.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Dumm wrote:

Dumm approaches the pedestal, sniffing the air, eyes darting around, wary of a trap.

[Dice=Perception]1d20+12

Lilah and Drumm don't notice anything.

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

Detect magic and all that.

Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Riltar notices an area of magic around the snake idol. It's abjuration and enchantment.

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Oracle7 HP59 AC20/TC11/FF19 F+7 R+6 W+8 (+4/disease) CMD17 Spd30ft Init+12 Perc+0 Spell Slots: 1st/8|2nd/7|3rd/4 Chronicles.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 7 | HP 53/53 | AC 21 (22 buckler), t15, ff18 | F +6, R +9, W +4 | Perc +11 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +16 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +9 CMD 23 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy's bulbous eyes go wide with excitement when he spots the emerald on the statue.
"An emerald! I knew there'd be an emerald here in Emerald Spire! Me want emerald!"
The little grippli strides up to the edge of the fountain, climbs up, then leaps over the murky water onto the pedestal.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
"Ooooh! Me check for traps first."
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

I've been both lazy and busy and haven't updated my profile. I will today!

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Muddy doesn't find anything. While Riltar realizes that the area is alarm and mass suggestion

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

"Stay away from this thing. It will trigger an alarm and a mind-control spell upon the entire party!"

Riltar backs away from the golden serpent.

"After we're all far from this thing, should I move it around with mage hand? I don't see any exit from this room..."

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Riltar Nobettween wrote:

"Stay away from this thing. It will trigger an alarm and a mind-control spell upon the entire party!"

Riltar backs away from the golden serpent.

"After we're all far from this thing, should I move it around with mage hand? I don't see any exit from this room..."

if you're near it, it sets the trap off. Will Saves please

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

Not near it: gone to the other side of room and lifting it with Mage Hand

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 4/ranger 3 | AC: 20/15/[20] (18/13/[18]) | HP 78/78 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +2 (+2 FT) | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise, +2 FT) | Rage: 14/14
Attack:
2 claws +14 (1d8+13/x2), bite +9 (1d4+11/x2)

I did say I was approaching it.

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Riltar Nobettween wrote:
Not near it: gone to the other side of room and lifting it with Mage Hand

it won't lift

Rilter:
if you could roll please. I miss read it's anyone near the idol or IN the room

I'll give everyone 24 hours then bot people so we can make the 7/1 deadline

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Oracle7 HP59 AC20/TC11/FF19 F+7 R+6 W+8 (+4/disease) CMD17 Spd30ft Init+12 Perc+0 Spell Slots: 1st/8|2nd/7|3rd/4 Chronicles.

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"FELL MAGIC! BEGONE!" Yroh speaks a dispelling chant at the trap in response

Dispel Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Well that was well timed.

Grand Lodge

f CN ooze & native outsider Shifter 7 | HP 63/63 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +4 |LLV, DV60' |DR 6/slashing | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Yroh, NICE!

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Dumm and Lilah vanish just as Yroh dispels the magic on the idol. The idol at first glance seems valuable.

dumm lilah:
you're fine. You're in room H2 on the map in the bottom right

spellcraft DC 20:
lilah and dumm were teleported

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 7 | HP 53/53 | AC 21 (22 buckler), t15, ff18 | F +6, R +9, W +4 | Perc +11 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +16 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +9 CMD 23 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
"Derp!"

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

"We just lost Dumm and Lilah to a teleport trap. They could be anywhere between here and Qadira, but something tells me the engineers of this place were probably more near-sighted..."

With the trap diffused by Yroh, Riltar inspects the statue and pedestal for some kind of switch of mechanism.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Grand Lodge

f CN ooze & native outsider Shifter 7 | HP 63/63 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +4 |LLV, DV60' |DR 6/slashing | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

What was that? Where are we? Well, we'll have to get out of here. Lilah nods to the others to keep up and starts moving through the maze.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Lilah Al-Fasi wrote:
What was that? Where are we? Well, we'll have to get out of here. Lilah nods to the others to keep up and starts moving through the maze.

make a Survival check please

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Riltar Nobettween wrote:

[dice=Spellcraft]1d20+15

"We just lost Dumm and Lilah to a teleport trap. They could be anywhere between here and Qadira, but something tells me the engineers of this place were probably more near-sighted..."

With the trap diffused by Yroh, Riltar inspects the statue and pedestal for some kind of switch of mechanism.

[dice=Perception]1d20+5

Riltar realizes that the idol is attached by sovereign glue and it loses it properties if detached but its still worth gold.

Riltar:
if your detect magic is up then your realize the trap reset

Muddy is lucky and stays in the room with Riltar and the others.

Grand Lodge

f CN ooze & native outsider Shifter 7 | HP 63/63 | AC 21 T 15 F 16 | F +7 R +9 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +4 |LLV, DV60' |DR 6/slashing | Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Half-elf UC Barbarian 4/ranger 3 | AC: 20/15/[20] (18/13/[18]) | HP 78/78 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +2 (+2 FT) | Perc +12 (+1 vs surprise, +2 FT) | Rage: 14/14
Attack:
2 claws +14 (1d8+13/x2), bite +9 (1d4+11/x2)

Instantly transported to an unknown room, Dumm looks around frantically. Is this still the same tower? It's a minor comfort to see he's not alone, at least, but could still be a death sentence.

Survival: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

The Concordance

Elf Druid 8 (dinosaur druid)| HP 51/51 | AC 20, T 16, FF 15 | F+7 R+8 W+12(+2 ench) | Perc +13 | Init +9

will save Koani: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

will save Blarg: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

"My magic detection spell tells me the trap just reset. In the interest keeping the party together, I'm off to wherever Dumm and Dummer have gone to... see y'all on the other side!" says Riltar, touching the gold serpent and steeling himself for the teleportation effect.

PS: voluntarily failing the save against teleportation!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Oracle7 HP59 AC20/TC11/FF19 F+7 R+6 W+8 (+4/disease) CMD17 Spd30ft Init+12 Perc+0 Spell Slots: 1st/8|2nd/7|3rd/4 Chronicles.

"Foul! Yroh leaps to join Riltar in the hostile transposition.

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 7 | HP 53/53 | AC 21 (22 buckler), t15, ff18 | F +6, R +9, W +4 | Perc +11 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +16 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +9 CMD 23 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

"Wait! How we get back? Can we make magic glue go away? Also, me want to take emerald first!"

Muddy starts tugging on the emerald in an attempt to pry it loose.

Interesting. Muddy failed the save but he's still in entry room. @GM: can muddy use thieves' tools to remove the emerald?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

yeah the dispel suppresses the effect for 1d4 rounds had to check :)

muddy when the effect comes back you can voluntarily fail

Muddy pries the gem loose. It sparkles in his hands.

Koani and Blarg are safe! For now...

evil GM laugh

Koani, blarg and Muddy need to save again please :)

In the other room, Lilah and Dummn realize their to the southeast of the 1st room and see two of their party members pop into the room unharmed.

Dark Archive

CN Male Halfling Magus (Kensai) 8 | Speed 30 ft. | AC 30, T 21, FF 20 | hp 59/59 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +12 | Init +10 | Percep +5 | CMD 22 | Spells 1st 8/8 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/2 Arcane Pool 8/8 | Reroll @ +4 0/1 | Conditions: antitoxin mirror image x#, shield; enduring blade (keen/shock)

Upon seeing the snake patterns etched into the floor, Riltar quaffs an antitoxin and hurries down the hall, saying "Let's go guys!"

Grand Lodge

CG Male Grippli Slayer 7 | HP 53/53 | AC 21 (22 buckler), t15, ff18 | F +6, R +9, W +4 | Perc +11 | Darkvision 60' | Stealth +16 | Init +6 | speed 30', climb 20' | CMB +9 CMD 23 | cold-iron arrows x12 | Active Conditions: ---

Muddy smiles as he looks at the shiny emerald.
"Ha! Me got it!" he exclaims before stuffing it into his pocket.

After seeing the others pop out of existence, Muddy closes his eyes tightly and tenses his entire body, waiting to be whisked away like the others.

Willingly fail saving throw.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Oracle7 HP59 AC20/TC11/FF19 F+7 R+6 W+8 (+4/disease) CMD17 Spd30ft Init+12 Perc+0 Spell Slots: 1st/8|2nd/7|3rd/4 Chronicles.

Yroh marches after Riltar. "Ha! Onward!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

everyone in the new room make a Perception check please

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Oracle7 HP59 AC20/TC11/FF19 F+7 R+6 W+8 (+4/disease) CMD17 Spd30ft Init+12 Perc+0 Spell Slots: 1st/8|2nd/7|3rd/4 Chronicles.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Yroh of the Snows wrote:

GM screen:
m: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24i: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14r: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
251 to 300 of 309 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM qstor's Emerald Spire 7 & 8 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.