GM Friendly Sauce's Core 10-16: What the Helms Hide (Inactive)

Game Master friendly sauce

current map

Handout #4

Eylysia

Decemvirate Member

A letter from Kreighton Shaine

A 2nd letter from Kreighton Shaine

A 3rd letter from Kreighton Shaine


301 to 336 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

14/14 HP; AC:13, T:13, FF:10, CMD:12, F:+5, R:+3, W:+5, Init +5, Perception +4 (+6 w/ Familiar +9 shadows/darkness), NG Male Elf Wizard-CORE (Conjurer) 2

Tannivh smiles at the gnome, these gnomes were beginning to grow on him. They had led him to be a part of great magic--possibly time travel or some amazing shift in reality. He steps protectively in front of the gnome.

"Please reconsider you Decemvirates. We can all be discreet and work together."
Tannivh then realizes how pushy people think he is, can decides to help another group spokesman. No matter how hard he tries, he comes off as condescending.
aid other diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


Current Map | Helga Silverbrew

Map is up, Any creature within or on the oppositeside of one of these streams of mist has concealment (20% miss chance).

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halfling Druid 1 | AC: 18/14/15 | HP: 10/10 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs fear) | CMB -2, CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +9

I choose the bard, Sera Calthial.

"Oh dear," Lilac says in a voice that, strangely, does not sound like her own. "Eylysia, watch out!"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
14/14 HP; AC:13, T:13, FF:10, CMD:12, F:+5, R:+3, W:+5, Init +5, Perception +4 (+6 w/ Familiar +9 shadows/darkness), NG Male Elf Wizard-CORE (Conjurer) 2

"I feel the powers of the divine in my body for the first time. And I feel the urge to do up my hair a bit, this straight cut just won't do!!"

CLW or CLM if different tier

Grand Lodge

Male Human Core Fighter 1 | F4 R2 W1 | I4 P1 | hp 4/12 | AC 17 | LE | 124312-7

Jack chooses the half elf barbarian, Idina Grey

He steps in front of Eylysia to protect her.

The Concordance

Female N Illusionist 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2, CMD 10| F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft |

Joyce the illusionist will pick the the gnome illusionist for extra Color Spray

"I have a bad feeling about this" Joyce put up Mage Armor

Dark Archive

Male Human Init +4 AC 18 T14 FF 14 HP 17/17 Fort+2 Ref+6 Will+2 Spd30 Per+7 Rogue 2

Well, you were my first choice anyway, colleague.

Corgrim gets near the elf rogue


Current Map | Helga Silverbrew

INITIATIVE!:

Joyce Rosenthal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Brazia’s Lilac: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Tannivh Purtham: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Jack Hurricane: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Corgrim : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
VELDRID GOLDBOROUGH: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
HELVEN LEROUNG: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
ZAUL BLYSTONE: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

INITIATIVE ROUND 1:

Veldrid
Helvin

Joyce
Tannivh
Eylysia (noncombatant)
Lilac
Lilac's Companion
Jack
Corgrim
Zaul

Veldrid rushes to take cover in the mist while starting a song inspiring courage in her allies while Helvin also advances into the mist taking a defensive posture inside the swirling lane.

INITIATIVE ROUND 1:

Veldrid~ 20% concealment
Helvin~ 20% concealment
Joyce
Tannivh
Eylysia (noncombatant)
Lilac
Lilac's Companion
Jack
Corgrim

Zaul

Everyone, You may Act!

Eylysia begins casting occult spells and using the magic items located around the museum to harry and hamper the Decemvirate members!

this has no mechanical effect.

Scarab Sages

14/14 HP; AC:13, T:13, FF:10, CMD:12, F:+5, R:+3, W:+5, Init +5, Perception +4 (+6 w/ Familiar +9 shadows/darkness), NG Male Elf Wizard-CORE (Conjurer) 2

Tannivh begins to summon an animal friend.

The Concordance

Female N Illusionist 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2, CMD 10| F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft |

Joyce move toward the south? and ready to cast a Color Spray to hit any enemy if they comes within 15ft

Grand Lodge

Male Human Core Fighter 1 | F4 R2 W1 | I4 P1 | hp 4/12 | AC 17 | LE | 124312-7

Jack moves into the next zone to protect Joyce, preparing to hit anything that comes close to her ... although he seems a bit leery at striking a member of the Decemverate.

(single move - prepare a Reaction)

The Concordance

Halfling Druid 1 | AC: 18/14/15 | HP: 10/10 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs fear) | CMB -2, CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +9

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Lilac directs her animal friend toward the Decemvirate attackers, draws her sling, and casts a spell. (Magic stone.)


Female Animal Companion 1 | AC: 17/16/12 | HP: 11/11 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +1 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | Initiative +5 | Perception +1

The cat slips through her now-different-looking humanoid friends to attack!

Bite vs H: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Miss chance (high to hit): 1d100 ⇒ 27
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Trip vs CMD: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Coregrim Draws his bow, advances into the mist and fires his bow at the flat footed Zaul!

Sneak attack vs FF AC; high on concealment hits: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 1d6 + 1d3 ⇒ (4) + (3) + (1) = 81d100 ⇒ 85

The rogue is able to see through the mist well enough to land a hit on the projection of Zaul!


Current Map | Helga Silverbrew

Jack and Joyce set up against any advancing enemy while Lilac casts her spell and her cat rushes forward but is unable to bite down on Helvin. Tannivh is casting a spell and Coregrim moves forward and releases a shaft into Zaul.

INITIATIVE ROUND 1 and 2:

Veldrid
Helvin

Joyce
Tannivh
Eylysia (noncombatant)
Lilac
Lilac's Companion
Jack
Corgrim
Zaul~ -8hp, round 1 turn

Zaul moves forward into the mist, his helmet glowing for a moment before Lilac's cat gets a glazed over look on it's face!

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Lilac, if you have a reroll, now is probably the time; Also I know druid's AC's usually have some bonus to resist domination but idk if those are gonna matter on a nat 6.

Veldrid's helm also glows as Jack feels a bout of confusion wash over him...

Jack will save vs Lesser confusion DC13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

but his mind is stronger than the forces against it! Veldrid then pulls out a scroll and casts the magic imbued in it.

spellcraft dc12:
she cast Heroism on herself

Helven steps towards Jack unwittingly setting off both Joyce and Jack's Readied actions!

Helvin will vs Color Spray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

and is able to avoid the effects of the spell but Jack is swinging his greatsword,

Jack attack vs Helvin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 162d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

cutting into his belly deeply but not killing him yet, Desperate he activates his helmet as well!

Channel negative energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3 30ft radius, will 13 for half.

Will saves:

Joyce Rosenthal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Lilac companion : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
helvin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Jack Hurricane: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Corgrim Taïlas : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Zaul : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Veldrid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

INITIATIVE ROUND 2:

Veldrid~ 20% concealment, -3
Helvin~ 20% concealment, -10
Joyce~ -1
Tannivh
Eylysia (noncombatant)
Lilac
Lilac's Companion ~ -1, dominated
Jack~ -1
Corgrim

Zaul~ -9

Everyone, You may Act!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Core Fighter 1 | F4 R2 W1 | I4 P1 | hp 4/12 | AC 17 | LE | 124312-7

Jack goes for Helvin
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 83 1-20 = miss
greatsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

T Shirt reroll 4 stars
greatsword: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 = 23

The Concordance

Halfling Druid 1 | AC: 18/14/15 | HP: 10/10 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs fear) | CMB -2, CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +9

I'm not aware of any special bonuses my companion gets against domination effects, I just get a bonus to Handle Animal checks against it.

Shirt reroll + 1 GM star: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
Yikes.

Lilac releases one of her magically-empowered pebbles at Helvin.

Magic stone (sling bullet) - shooting into melee vs Helvin: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 11
Miss chance (high to hit): 1d100 ⇒ 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 2 = 2

The Concordance

Female N Illusionist 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2, CMD 10| F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft |

Joyce will command her rat familiar to jump at Helven which requires entering his square and will trigger an AoO. Rat got AC15 and 5 HP and bite him. Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 1 nonlethal dmg: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1

After Helven made an AoO vs the rat, Joyce will move around the cat and cast another Color Spray DC 17 to Veldrid and Zaul

Scarab Sages

14/14 HP; AC:13, T:13, FF:10, CMD:12, F:+5, R:+3, W:+5, Init +5, Perception +4 (+6 w/ Familiar +9 shadows/darkness), NG Male Elf Wizard-CORE (Conjurer) 2

After Joyce sprays her colors, a strong celestial dog appears and flanks with Jack smiting evil on his opponent. If Jack put him down, the dog will charge the next bad guy.
smite bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d100 ⇒ 401d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

”Lets make that one hurt!” +1 damage if evil

Tannivh starts another summon ritual.

Giving Jack a flank buddy!!


Current Map | Helga Silverbrew

Jack Drops Helvin, everyone else can redo their actions for this round since it looks like everyone was going after him.

@Lilac, ok since the cat IS dominated, the command will simply be too flee.

The Concordance

Female N Illusionist 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2, CMD 10| F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft |

If Helven is down, then Joyce don't have to use her familiar to bait out the AoO. Will still Color Spray the other two.

Scarab Sages

14/14 HP; AC:13, T:13, FF:10, CMD:12, F:+5, R:+3, W:+5, Init +5, Perception +4 (+6 w/ Familiar +9 shadows/darkness), NG Male Elf Wizard-CORE (Conjurer) 2

Tannivh's dog charges into the mist and attacks V. Can roll again if needed Charge -2 AC for dog but +2 charge instead of +2 flank

Another dog begins to appear.

summoned dog stats:

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 6 [8] (1d8+2) [d+]
Fort +4 [+6], Ref +3, Will +1
SR 5
Celestial – Resist acid, cold, and electricity 5;
Fiendish – Resist cold and fire 5

OFFENSE

Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +2 [+4] (1d4+1) [1d4+3]
Special Attack smite evil/good

STATISTICS

Str 13 [171], Dex 13, Con 15 [191], Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +0 [+2]; CMD 11 [13] (15 [17] vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Acrobatics +1 (+9 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Smite evil/good 1/day as a swift action (adds Cha bonus (0) to attack rolls and damage bonus equal to HD (+1) against evil/good foes; smite persists until target is dead or the celestial/fiendish creature rests).

The Concordance

Halfling Druid 1 | AC: 18/14/15 | HP: 10/10 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs fear) | CMB -2, CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +9

I will keep the same action because I missed anyway.


Current Map | Helga Silverbrew

Helvin's body evaporates into the mist...

Joyce Rosenthal wrote:
If Helven is down, then Joyce don't have to use her familiar to bait out the AoO. Will still Color Spray the other two.

Z will save vs Color Spray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

V will save vs Color Spray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
unconscious stunned and blinded;stunned and blinded: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 41d4 ⇒ 2

Veldrid is knocked out by the blast of color but Zaul manages to fight off the effects of the spell as Tannivhs dog charges into Veldrid ripping into her unconscious body.

INITIATIVE ROUND 2:

Veldrid ~-10hp, unconscious, stunned, blinded, 20% concealment
Helvin
Joyce~ -1
Tannivh
Eylysia (noncombatant)
Lilac
Lilac's Companion~ -1, dominated
Jack~ -1
Corgrim
Zaul~ -9hp, 20% concealment

Corgrim, you are up! I'm going to wait to give Coregrim time to post as he is away till tomorrow.

Dark Archive

Male Human Init +4 AC 18 T14 FF 14 HP 17/17 Fort+2 Ref+6 Will+2 Spd30 Per+7 Rogue 2

Shoot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

21%+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 100
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Corgrim shoots an arrow at Zaul, hoping to bring him down


Current Map | Helga Silverbrew

The Arrow hits Zaul in the shoulder, forcing his expression to go from confidence to fear as he rushes towards the edge of the mists and dissapears into its swirling depths!!

COMBAT OVER

Seconds after Zaul fled the swriling mist takes over your vision and the last thing you see is Eylysia smiling at all of you, observing, “That went differently this time; I like this ending better,” before fading from view. As she does, you all gain a flash of insight into the past’s true events: they see an injured Zaul fleeing the battle, abandoning the others as he disappears into the strange mist swirling around the library. Only one of Eylysia’s companions remains visible. Her remaining companion, the gnome wizard Fimbrik the Illusionist, sends a crackle of spell energy at Veldrid that drops the masked dwarf to the ground where she disintegrates into motes of color that the unstable magic quickly devours. A badly wounded Helven points his blade at Eylysia and stalks towards the defiant gnome woman. “Your secrets cannot remain hidden forever!” Eylysia cries, before tapping a foot on the ground and vanishing. The broken strands of magical mist explode in a whirlwind of rainbow light as Eylysia’s vision concludes and the battered old spell finally ends and you find yourselves once again in the present.

Shaine jumps to his feet and exclaims,"Well??? What happened?"

Scarab Sages

14/14 HP; AC:13, T:13, FF:10, CMD:12, F:+5, R:+3, W:+5, Init +5, Perception +4 (+6 w/ Familiar +9 shadows/darkness), NG Male Elf Wizard-CORE (Conjurer) 2

Tannivh's last thoughts as they appear is some regrets about not getting to go on a large shopping spree.

Then, in the present, he regrets not getting to cast a diving healing spell.

The Concordance

Female N Illusionist 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2, CMD 10| F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft |

"Apparently some Decemvirate members did some shady things and Eylysia found out about it. So Decemvirates tried to kill off Eylysia's team here."

Scarab Sages

14/14 HP; AC:13, T:13, FF:10, CMD:12, F:+5, R:+3, W:+5, Init +5, Perception +4 (+6 w/ Familiar +9 shadows/darkness), NG Male Elf Wizard-CORE (Conjurer) 2

"yes, that about sums it up!!"

The Concordance

Halfling Druid 1 | AC: 18/14/15 | HP: 10/10 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs fear) | CMB -2, CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +9

"We did not see the final outcome," Lilac chimes in, "But it appeared Eylysia escaped. With Fimbrik's help at the least."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Core Fighter 1 | F4 R2 W1 | I4 P1 | hp 4/12 | AC 17 | LE | 124312-7

Eee-yup Jack replies as he goes looking for Lilac's cat, handing out some food for it, hoping to calm it down.

Dark Archive

Male Human Init +4 AC 18 T14 FF 14 HP 17/17 Fort+2 Ref+6 Will+2 Spd30 Per+7 Rogue 2

Aren't we supposed to be the "good guys", or at least trustable folks?

The Concordance

Female N Illusionist 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMB -2, CMD 10| F +4, R +2, W +2 | Init +8 | Perc +2 | Speed 30ft |

"Well if you got that fancy magical helm, no one will know you've done it. No one except Eylysia, anyway."


Current Map | Helga Silverbrew

Kreighton Shaine expression is one of sympathetic understanding when he says,"I assure you, the current members of the Decemvirate have no interest in dragging up old feuds, they simply wish to know what happened."

the two masked Decemvirate members turn towards each other as though sharing a silent conversation (though the masks themselves would undoubtedly prevent such a thing from taking place magically). In the strangely neutral voices produced through the magic of the masks, one member of the Decemvirate says,"“These secrets have remained hidden for too long—from the Decemvirate and the Society both. In doing so, the organization defamed an upstanding agent. What we have learned here grants us an opportunity to correct past crimes. Well done, Pathfinders.” As the two masked figures turn and exit the library, Kreighton Shaine thanks the PCs for their excellent work and tells them the Society will soon have more tasks for them.

END SCENARIO

The Concordance

Halfling Druid 1 | AC: 18/14/15 | HP: 10/10 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +6 (+2 vs fear) | CMB -2, CMD 11 | Init +3 | Perception +9

"I am pleased you think so! I will make sure to remain easy to find when help is needed again."

Dark Archive

Male Human Init +4 AC 18 T14 FF 14 HP 17/17 Fort+2 Ref+6 Will+2 Spd30 Per+7 Rogue 2

Corgrim grunts, then nods

I understand. At least you tried to right the wrongs done by your former colleague. But will this be public knowledge? Will Elysia's deeds and reputation be finally restored?

301 to 336 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Friendly Sauce's Core 10-16: What the Helms Hide Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.