Ruin’s Price of Immortality

Game Master Ruin Explorer

Player map


301 to 328 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Aeric AC:17(FF:15/T:12)/ if raging CMD:17 if rage HP:8/11 Saves-FO:+3 RE:+2 WI:-1 Skald 2 (fated champion)

Ouch

He 5 foot steps and tries to disarm the dagger.

disarm with bardiche: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
If I wanted to kill you you would be dead, so stop this b!@+#$!+.


Half-Elf Ranger 3 :: HP:26 | AC:18 ; T:14 ; FF:14 ; CMD:20/16 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+7 ; Will:+5 | Init:+3 (+5 total in forests) ; PER:+11 (Low Light Vision)

Seeing the whole situation go sideways, Moon pushes into the room as well. Risking a slash from the disturbed man (possible AoO), she tries to pummel him unconscious.

MOVE: 10’
STAND: Punch

BOOM:

FULL: Unarmed Strike (crit: 20/2x | B) Monk
Mods: none
HIT #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 | DAM: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 non-lethal

Status:
HP: 11 / 11 | AC:16 / T:16 / FF:12 | CMD:20/16
Stunning Fist (1):

Effects:
x = none


Male Half-orc Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsmaster/Green Faith Marshall) 1 | AC:16 (FF:15/T: 11) CMD:15 HP:11/11 Saves-FO:+5 RE:+2 WI:+5 Defenses: Sacred Tattoo Spells per day: 1st: 2/2

As Moon and Aeric try to subdue the man, Kazzar shows him his holy symbol, hoping it helps convince the man they're not with whomever is responsible for the undead abominations roaming the crypt. "Please, stand down. We're not responsible for these vile undead things, and have in fact have been trying to destroy them, and find out what made them, to put a stop to it. My companions are doing their best to defend themselves without hurting you, but it would be best for us all to stop fighting."


Aeric knocks the dagger out the the trembling man’s hand as Moon comes in. The man takes a punch to the gut and crumples to the ground.

Heal DC 10:

The man is unconscious.

Heal DC 12:

The man has cuts similar to those scene on the other bodies, but not as severe.

Grand Lodge

Skills:
Acrobatics +6 (4 w/Armor), Autohypnosis +3, Handle Animals +7, Intimidate +9, Geography +5, Psionics +5, Perception +3
Male Half Orc Wilder 1; Init +4; HP 13/13; AC 16, FF 13, Touch 13; F +4, R +4, W +3; PP 4/5; Perception +3

Sumak doubts his ability to aid in this and waits for them to finish.


For those with less people-y skills, and because I forgot.

Perception 10:

In the room, there are a number of bedrolls, a pair of bullseye lanterns, 4 flask of oil, 5 days' worth of rations, two bottles of white liquid labeled as 'healing'.


Half-Elf Ranger 3 :: HP:26 | AC:18 ; T:14 ; FF:14 ; CMD:20/16 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+7 ; Will:+5 | Init:+3 (+5 total in forests) ; PER:+11 (Low Light Vision)

With a skill for dealing damage not assessing it, Moon can't say much about the fellow aside from the fact he's no longer a threat to anyone. She casts a practiced eye around the room and places the goods she finds on the table near the door.

Check out the PER 10 spoiler above. We got fat lootz!

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Grand Lodge

Skills:
Acrobatics +6 (4 w/Armor), Autohypnosis +3, Handle Animals +7, Intimidate +9, Geography +5, Psionics +5, Perception +3
Male Half Orc Wilder 1; Init +4; HP 13/13; AC 16, FF 13, Touch 13; F +4, R +4, W +3; PP 4/5; Perception +3

"Is everyone still alive?" Sumak calls out from the hallway.


Half-Elf Ranger 3 :: HP:26 | AC:18 ; T:14 ; FF:14 ; CMD:20/16 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+7 ; Will:+5 | Init:+3 (+5 total in forests) ; PER:+11 (Low Light Vision)

"Some are a little worse for wear, but we're alive."

Moon tries to drag the table away from the door to allow the rest of the team to enter without squeezing through.

STR Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Male Aeric AC:17(FF:15/T:12)/ if raging CMD:17 if rage HP:8/11 Saves-FO:+3 RE:+2 WI:-1 Skald 2 (fated champion)

Yikes, the bugger actually hit me. Subtly hilarious. Ill set him straight when he wakes up.

Aeric announces as he gives the room a lookover.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

With the sound of dry bones cracking under foot, Somonti's arms and hands return to their humanoid form.

She scoops up the crossbow from where it fell and removes any bolts to make it safe.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsmaster/Green Faith Marshall) 1 | AC:16 (FF:15/T: 11) CMD:15 HP:11/11 Saves-FO:+5 RE:+2 WI:+5 Defenses: Sacred Tattoo Spells per day: 1st: 2/2

"I can cast a couple of healing spells, if anyone needs it." Kazzar looks worriedly at Somonti's and Aeric's wounds before turning his attention to the man who hurt them.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"As for the man here, Moon's punch knocked him out cold. But he'd been hurt already - see those cuts? They seem similar to the ones we've seen on the bodies near the entrance, if a bit less deep. He was probably fighting off the skeletons as well before barricading himself in this room."

Grand Lodge

Skills:
Acrobatics +6 (4 w/Armor), Autohypnosis +3, Handle Animals +7, Intimidate +9, Geography +5, Psionics +5, Perception +3
Male Half Orc Wilder 1; Init +4; HP 13/13; AC 16, FF 13, Touch 13; F +4, R +4, W +3; PP 4/5; Perception +3

Sumak goes in and looks around for signs of what is actually happening here.

Any diary or other writing maybe.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Other than what was listed above, there are a few empty crates and barrels. By now, everyone had noticed the items above: numerous bedrolls, a pair of bullseye lanterns, 4 flask of oil, 5 days' worth of rations, two bottles of white liquid labeled as 'healing'.

What do you guys want to do next? Here are some options.
There’s an unconscious man in the room.
There’s a hallway leading “right” just before this room.
There’s a hallway leading “right” just after the room with the pits.
There’s a door to the “right” in the entryway.
There’s the exit to the crypt and an entire world beyond.


Half-Elf Ranger 3 :: HP:26 | AC:18 ; T:14 ; FF:14 ; CMD:20/16 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+7 ; Will:+5 | Init:+3 (+5 total in forests) ; PER:+11 (Low Light Vision)

Moon frowns at the unconscious man, ”I’d like to know what happened here, but I doubt he’s going to be much help even if we wake him up. Might be best to leave him here while we check out the rest of the crypt. I think we should take the healing potions… just in case. I’m going to sneak around a bit more… maybe there are more survivors.”

She heads out the door and creeps (poorly) down the hall to one of the doors they passed earlier and listens at a closed door. (updated my position on the map)

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 I hear... a door.


Male Aeric AC:17(FF:15/T:12)/ if raging CMD:17 if rage HP:8/11 Saves-FO:+3 RE:+2 WI:-1 Skald 2 (fated champion)

Acknowledged. Ill follow you at the customary distance of 30 feet

stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Yep, that’s a door.

For anyone entering the room:
The door opens into a small chamber. It’s mostly empty, save for the body of a villager in the middle. Perched atop the corpse is a man-sized brown and yellow beetle, trying to push the corpse into the corner where a pile of trash and filth awaits. Another door sit across the room.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsmaster/Green Faith Marshall) 1 | AC:16 (FF:15/T: 11) CMD:15 HP:11/11 Saves-FO:+5 RE:+2 WI:+5 Defenses: Sacred Tattoo Spells per day: 1st: 2/2

"I don't think we should leave the man lying here unconscious - he seemed more like another innocent surprised by the skeletons than one responsible. Leaving him behind might put him in danger. I say we either heal him and try to calm him down, or I'll carry him along until he recovers."

Kazzar follows closely behind Aeric, carrying the unconscious man, and keeping Greywind close by, ready to send him against any danger lurking ahead.

Grand Lodge

Skills:
Acrobatics +6 (4 w/Armor), Autohypnosis +3, Handle Animals +7, Intimidate +9, Geography +5, Psionics +5, Perception +3
Male Half Orc Wilder 1; Init +4; HP 13/13; AC 16, FF 13, Touch 13; F +4, R +4, W +3; PP 4/5; Perception +3

"I agree. I will aid you in carrying him. Grab his other arm.." Sumak says as he moves to help support the unconscious man.


Male Aeric AC:17(FF:15/T:12)/ if raging CMD:17 if rage HP:8/11 Saves-FO:+3 RE:+2 WI:-1 Skald 2 (fated champion)

What knowledge check is appropriate for the beetle?


Somonti enters the room (presumably) behind Moon and readies her spear to either attack or defend herself


[occ]I’m going to try this for monster knowledge. Roll 1d20. Use this number for each of the knowledge skills you can use. I have certain problems with the whole monster knowledge thing.[/ooc]

Knowledge(Arcana) DC 12:

There are some crazy magical beetles out there. This isn’t one of them.

Knowledge(Nature) DC 12:

This is a bombardier beetle. Not terribly scary, but it can spray a cone of acid. It’s probably where the name comes from.

Knowledge(Religion) DC 12:

It’s not undead, so kill it like normal.

Knowledge(Dungeoneering) DC 12:

Fortunately, there is nothing aberrant about this beetle.

Knowledge(Local) DC 5:

The beetle is definitely not a humanoid!

Knowledge(Planes) DC 12:

The beetle is almost certainly from the material plane.

Knowledge(Psionics) DC 12:

Unsurprisingly, the beetle is not psionic.


Male Aeric AC:17(FF:15/T:12)/ if raging CMD:17 if rage HP:8/11 Saves-FO:+3 RE:+2 WI:-1 Skald 2 (fated champion)

no knowledge trained: 1d20 ⇒ 9

I am reasonably certain we shouldnt try to eat it. Aeric announces.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsmaster/Green Faith Marshall) 1 | AC:16 (FF:15/T: 11) CMD:15 HP:11/11 Saves-FO:+5 RE:+2 WI:+5 Defenses: Sacred Tattoo Spells per day: 1st: 2/2

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Loved your take on the knowledge checks!

"That seems to be a bombardier beetle - not particularly dangerous, but it can spray a cone of acid when attacked, so keep that in mind.

Sumak, it might be a good idea to place the man down so we can help deal with the beetle. And I'll try to shield him from any acid that comes this way."

Kazzar will lower the man carefully on the floor and step between him and the beetle, drawing his greataxe as he does so and telling Greywind to stand by, not wanting to enrage the beetle before the rest of the party is ready


Half-Elf Ranger 3 :: HP:26 | AC:18 ; T:14 ; FF:14 ; CMD:20/16 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+7 ; Will:+5 | Init:+3 (+5 total in forests) ; PER:+11 (Low Light Vision)

I’ve got no K skills at the moment, so…

”Acid? Good to know.” She pulls the three-section-staff from her belt, unfurls it, and takes a few well-practiced swings. When everyone is ready, she moves in and whips the heavy chain-link staves down on the back of the bug.

MOVE: approach buggy
STAND: Smash bug

BOOM:

[ooc]STAND: Sansetsukon (crit: 19-20/2x | B) 2H, Block, Disarm
Mods: none
HIT #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 | DAM: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Status:
HP: 11 / 11 | AC:16 / T:16 / FF:12 | CMD:20/16
Stunning Fist (1):

Effects:
x = none


Male Aeric AC:17(FF:15/T:12)/ if raging CMD:17 if rage HP:8/11 Saves-FO:+3 RE:+2 WI:-1 Skald 2 (fated champion)

On it!

Aeric rushes in after moon, charging if neccessary/possible.
Seeking to end the fight quickly, he Bloodrages
attack Bardiche: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 16 +3 STR +1 BAB +2 bloodrage +2 charge
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Grand Lodge

Skills:
Acrobatics +6 (4 w/Armor), Autohypnosis +3, Handle Animals +7, Intimidate +9, Geography +5, Psionics +5, Perception +3
Male Half Orc Wilder 1; Init +4; HP 13/13; AC 16, FF 13, Touch 13; F +4, R +4, W +3; PP 4/5; Perception +3

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Sumak, being very helpful, says "Its not psionic!"


Male Half-orc Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsmaster/Green Faith Marshall) 1 | AC:16 (FF:15/T: 11) CMD:15 HP:11/11 Saves-FO:+5 RE:+2 WI:+5 Defenses: Sacred Tattoo Spells per day: 1st: 2/2

Making sure to keep himself between the beetle and the wounded man, Kazzar calls for Greywind to join him and runs forward with the others and hacks at the beetle with his greataxe.

Attack(Kazzar): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage(Kazzar): 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Promptly following Kazzar's order, Greywind sprints forward and tries to take a bite at the beetle.

Attack(Greywind): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage(Greywind): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

301 to 328 of 328 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ruin’s Price of Immortality All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.