#VETERAN'S VAULT - GM Nowruz (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Maps / Handouts


251 to 270 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Aurora raises her holy symbol, invoking the Divine Princess' wrath.

negative channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 Exclude all the pathfinders. Half damage. DC17 Will or Sickened for 2+ rounds and Shaken for 2

"Devious vermin!"


will : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

The sorcerer is clearly not affected much but shouts at you.

Undercommon :
“You have invaded my home!!! You killed RERIKI AND XARMIGASH!! You shall die!!!“ he shouts.

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Onye twists and bends as he avoids the rolling spheres of fire. He drop the weapons in his hands to either side of him and then reaches over his shoulder. Drawing over his cold iron glaive, he swings it at the tiny jinkin. He then steps forward out of the flames.

Drop Weapon (free), Drop Weapon (free), Draw Weapon (move), Attack, 5-ft Step

Cold Iron Glaive, Bloodrage, Dedicated Adversary: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 29
Confirm: Cold Iron Glaive, Bloodrage, Dedicated Adversary: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 27 Woot!

Cold Iron, Slashing, Bloodrage, Dedicated Adversary: 3d10 + 9 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2, 10) + 9 + 9 + 6 = 42


Onye is now clearly concentrated enough to cut so deeply into the the gremlin’s body that he actually is able to tear the fey’s torso apart … small intestines splash against the altar … and the creature is dead.

Combat over.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"Well" Aurora exclaims at the results of Onye's deadly blow, "that was impressive!"

"Ow! What's wrong with my - what are they again? Feet? Stupid things."

heal, guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16

Ordinarily the caltrop movement penalty can be fixed with a DC15 Heal check. Does it work here? If not it's time to break out some magical healing.

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Onye wipes off the gremlin blood and guts from his glaive and then retrieves his other weapons after the fiery spheres dissipate. "The misfortunate spirit will reform in the First World, unfortunately," the amurrun comments. "This must be the place to search for the hidden vault."

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data nods to Onye and looks around for signs of the vault…

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

"I don't suppose one of you can help pull me out of this pit."

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

"What? Hmm?" Onye purrs as he moves over to the visible portion of the pit. "You need longer finger nails."

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

Tsamara uses her magic to whisk herself across the pit and then joins her allies in the chamber, taking care to walk slowly on account of the caltrops. "If you wait, the magic might dissipate on its own," she calls down to Gamil. "But I've also got some silk rope here if you'd rather try the climb!"

As she pulls said rope from her pack and drops a length of it into the pit she glances around for something to anchor it to.

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

"Hand it to me, I can tie it round the altar," Onye says to TSamara.


GM:
Perception

Perc(Aurora): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Perc(Onye: scent): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perc(Tsamara): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Perc (Gamil): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Perc (Data): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Perc (Demm): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

You are free to explore the rest of the vault after defeating the Female jinkin sorcerer and her pets.

The hole underneath the central table is large enough for a Small creature to squeeze through, and it continues downward for hundreds of feet before opening into a larger cavern.

Exploring this hole is beyond the scope of this scenario.

Sascha stashed her treasure trove beneath several of the flagstones in an unlocked cell, and Demm and Data can find it easily based on her directions.

The trove contains a masterwork breastplate, a set of masterwork butterfly swords, a pearl-studded silver brooch in the shape of a dove, two spelunking kits, two scrolls of mage armor, a scroll of grease, a ring of protection +1, a fine emerald, and a pouch of platinum pieces. Additionally, a handy haversack contains a +1 longsword, a +1 mithral chain shirt, a rin9 of sustenance, and several hundred
gold and platinum coins.

You find a tarnished, plain silver locket whose interior bears only the inscription "Ever Yours-EK."

~

You also find a secret compartment in the remains of a red lacquered scroll case. Within you find several love letters from a Korvosan official to his mistress. While there is no telling if the affair is ongoing, the letters mention a child. If this information were to get out, it could weaken Korvosa's position against the rival city of
Magnimar.

You also find the jinkin's notebook, which is haphazardly filled with information on Thassilon.

Most of the contents are damp, and the ink has run and smeared, but there is perhaps enough to aid the cause of some of the Pathfinder's faction.

Identifying the information requires a Knowledge (history) or Linguistics check. This is important because this secures your 2nd Prestige Point based on secondary success conditions.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"What's all this then?"

Aurora examines the various notes.

"Hmm. Tricky stuff."

The priestess implores her divine benefactor to aid her (and her allies of course).

linguistics, guidance, divine vessel: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 25

Divine Vessel will apply to anyone else wanting to help, as long as you gather close by.

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

Kn. History (Divine Vessel): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13

Tsamara moves to peer over Aurora's shoulder at the jinkin's notebook but try as she might, she can't really seem to make any connections between what's written in it and her own limited knowledge of Thassilonian history.

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Linguistics (DV): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13

GM Reroll: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 28

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

"How can any of you make anything from those smudges?" Onye asks, wrinkling his nose under his mask.


Aurora can really unlock the wisdom hidden in the Vaults of Korvosa. This is a most fortuitous event, as the texts contain treasures from many sources. Among them you find secrets related to ancient Thassilon.

~

When you leave the sewers and again meet with Canayven and Sascha, the former Pathfinder anxiously inquires about her locket.

“Oh this is great!! You recovered the piece!!“ she says and she gives her heartfelt thanks to you and the society and pledges her friendship you.

“I plan to travel to Andoran tomorrow and use some of my old connections there to start up a new, but low-profile weapons shop! Visit me any time in case you’re in the capital!“ she says beaming.

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"Happy to help," Tsamara smiles. "Oh, we also found a journal that the Society might find interesting - but Aurora and Demm can explain the details better since they were the ones able to decipher the writing."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

A look of stunned confusion rolls across the wizard's face at Tsmara's offer. Am bold of furry female to assume Demm tad-drauni would want to share such knowledge! They am want to read, they am should study to be learning how.


"Very good work Demm tad-drauni and Aurora! You can now rest until your next mission has been decided. Thank you for your service!" Canayven Heidmarch says with a smile.

END OF SCENARIO.

251 to 270 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VERTERAN'S VAULT - GM Nowruz All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.