#VETERAN'S VAULT - GM Nowruz (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Maps / Handouts


1 to 50 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

WHERE ON GOLARION?

Korvosa is the largest city in Varisia, and used to be the capital of Chelish Varisia. It now serves as the seat of one of three city-states that claim independent authority over their individual holdings in the region. Though its citizens and traditions have strong ties to the nation of Cheliax, with many of its people tracing their ancestry directly to servants of the Empire, the city's location at the mouth of the Jeggare River and the presence of a highly-defensible harbor have contributed to the establishment of Korvosa as a primary hub for trade. Various cultures and peoples can be found within the city's walls as goods move in and out of its gates. Magnimar is Korvosa's neighbour and rival and Magnimarians disparagingly refer to Korvosa as "Little Cheliax".

The city of Korvosa is divided into seven official districts: East Shore, Gray, the Heights, Midland, North Point, Old Korvosa, and South Shore. The borders between these districts may be fixed (such as by water or a wall), or might exist only in the minds of the city's inhabitants. Two other areas exist above and below Korvosa that might loosely be called districts, making nine in total. The boundaries of these unofficial districts do not conform to any design by the city's planners: they are the rooftop area known as the Shingles and the large undercity of the Vaults.

~

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS

Having received a summons to an address near Korvosa, you arrive to find a ramshackle tenement. A light rain has begun to fall, and the Venture-Captain Sir Canayven Heidmarch quickly ushers you inside.

Offering each of you a cup of a warm, amber liquid, he wastes no time beginning his briefing.

"Welcome Pathfinders! I read your files but I would appreciate an introduction." he says with a kind smile.

Please introduce and describe your characters.

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 6/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 1/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: - -

"I am Onye Dawon, child of the tribe of creation," the tawny amurrun introduces himself formally. "And warrior of the tribe of Pathfinders." He wears a wooden mask carved and painted to resemble a lion's face. A wooden mask of a tiger, a cheetah, and a leopard each hang from his belt and clatter when he moves. Two impressive glaives loom over his shoulder.

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

The kobold in purple robes loudly slurps from the cup. He wrinkles his nose. "Am there anything spicier?" He then realizes introductions are being made. He nods perfunctorily, "Demm tad-draguni am Demm tad-draguni. Demm tad-draguni am studies powerful arcane magic-ing. Now, am there drink with more bite?"

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 7/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Aurora sits atop her charger, enjoying the rain on her skin, when the Venture Captain beckons her. She steers her mount to a convenient post, hitches the animal, and slowly slithers into the tenement.

"Well now. It's good to see friends in such a run-down place. Really, it doesn't seem worth putting such buildings up at all. I don't understand you surface-dwellers sometimes."

Aurora takes a drink. "Mmmm. Thank you. Anything to eat? I'm famished.

Oh yes. I'm Aurora, priestess of the Divine Princess. I know these two already of course."

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

A large and heavily armored half orc follows the others into tavern and take the offered drink. Despite bearing the iconography of the Lord in Iron, he seems strangely bereft of weapons, carrying only a few javelins and a dagger at his hip.

He pauses at Aurora's comments, "I don't think I'm familiar with your goddess. A merfolk deity?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (4/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 7/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions:

A second amurrun sits cross-legged in one of the room's many chairs. While her general shape and appearance is similar to Onye's, her fur is a pale whitish-gray with dark spots, covered by armor stitched together from animal hides. A simple pack hangs on the back of the chair and a silvery mace as well as a longspear are propped next to the chair. Pale green eyes regards the new arrival with friendly curiosity.

"I am Tsamara," she introduces herself, offering a smile that seems meant to be friendly but also shows quite a few sharp teeth. Her voice is feminine but low and slightly gravelly, carrying an accent that immediately places her as hailing from somewhere far to the east of the Inner Sea. "As several of us have already worked together in the past, I already know Aurora, Onye, and Demm," she explains.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 7/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Aurora looks the half orc up and down and giggles: a beautiful, musical sound.

"Merfolk. Orc. Human. The Divine Princess accepts all who hunger for knowledge. She has other names, of course. Goddess of Magic. The Lady at the Feast. The Pallid Princess. Urgathoa."

The priestess subconsciously toys with the symbol on a fine chain around her neck - resembling a fly perched upon a skull.

"You follow the Lord in Iron. Do you have a name, warrior?"

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

The blue-skinned person, with lights blinking on and around his face, blinks his eyes likewise. He simply says, ”I am Data.”

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

"Gamil." He extends his hand to Aurora.

"Odd to see someone openly wearing that symbol in Korvosa. To my knowledge, the cult of Urgathoa was responsible for the Blood Veil plague that swept through the city a few years back."


The ramshackle tenement softly echoes with the sound of light rain as Venture-Captain Sir Canayven Heidmarch begins his briefing.

"Gamil, I believe that Aurora knows what she is doing but I like that you are concerned for your companion's safety! For this mission you will have to venture into the sewers beneath Korvosa - maybe that will make her holy symbol less important."

Suddenly, a woman joins you.

"Ahh ... Sascha Antif-Arah," he announces, gesturing to the haggard human woman who is past her prime but whose posture expresses confidence and experience, "you are here. She requires access to a particular vault. The Society is going to help her." the VC says to you all.

Sascha eyes each Pathfinder in turn then nods to herself with some satisfaction and steps forward gracefully.

"Some years ago my friends and I had made quite a name for ourselves around Korvosa, and our adventures earned us a considerable amount of gold. We stashed most of it in one of the Vaults after evicting the cult that had already claimed it."

Sascha pauses for a moment, smiles, and shakes her head as if recalling particularly amusing details of the raid.

"Anyway, I retired from the business after that, started up a shop, and lived peacefully until I got into trouble with the Hellknights. I can’t show my face in Korvosa because I don’t fancy spending my retirement in shackles, but I’m willing to cede my share of the loot in that Vault to you. It’s no dragon’s hoard, but it should be more than worth your time. The only thing I want from there is an old locket—nothing magical or worth fencing, but it means a lot to me. Once I have it, I’m getting out of this place and off to somewhere the Order of the Nail has no sway."

She sighs.

"The entrance shouldn’t be too hard to find, assuming you know what to look for," she remarks as she fishes several folded papers from her haversack.

"There’s an old service entrance into the sewers about a quarter mile north of my old shop in Midland; I wrote down directions that should lead you to the vault. There’s a big room inside, and I stashed my share under the flagstones in one of the small chambers nearby."

She extracts a few more items from her bag and holds them out.

"I hope you don’t need these, but you never know. I certainly won’t be using them in my retirement. The arrows are exceptionally effective against abberations and other alien creatures. These two vials are effective at preventing being poisoned. This vial similarly works against diseases, and this one is full of acid. Don't drink that one."

Bag with explanations from her:

Three +1 aberration bane arrows, two antitoxins, a vial of antiplague, and an alkali flask.

Canayven pipes in after she hands the items over to whomever accepts them.

"So, do you have any questions for either of us?"


Some of you may already know something...

K Dungeoneering DC 10+:

Korvosa's Sewers shelter an immense number of rats - dire and mundane. In addition, goblins, wererats, and otyughs all exploit the immense amount of refuse discarded by the city's citizens.


K Dungeoneering DC 15+:

The garbage also provides nutrition for a wide variety of fungi and shade-tolerant plants. Most are not dangerous, but a rare few supplement their diets by capturing live prey.


K Dungeoneering DC 20+:

Several types of oozes are known to prowl the Korvosan sewers, particularly oozes that use cunning camouflage to get close to prey.


~

K Engineering or History DC 10+:

The Vaults employ a hodgepodge of architectural elements both due to staggered phases of construction and the inclusion of natural cave features.


K Engineering or History DC 15+:

Not all of the tunnels leading from the sewers to the sea have grates, and sometimes marine creatures work their way into the tunnels.


K Engineering or History DC 20+:

Early Korvosan engineers incorporated pre-existing construction into the sewer system, including Shoanti burial mounds and unidentifiable, worked passageways.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 7/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Aurora shrugs at mention of the 'blood plague', and shakes Gamil's hand. "I'm no more responsible for that than you are for the war between Geb and Nex. If some ignorant fool wants to say otherwise, I'll deal with them."

"Just in case they're not quite gone, Sacha, who were this cult you tangled with?"

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 6/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 1/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: - -

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"The sewers of Korvosa are flush with rats and rodents of unusual size," Onye comments. "As well as goblins, wererats, and the aberrations known as otyughs--relatively inoffensive unravelers of creation, but unravelers still. The arrows you have gifted us may prove valuable."


She sighs.

"Several months before my retirement, me and my companions uncovered and defeated a cult of Zon-Kuthon in the Vaults below Korvosa, after which we decided to claim the secluded complex as a hiding place for our wealth.
My retirement ended abruptly 5 years ago when I managed to run afoul of the local Order of the Nail Hellknights while in the company of famous Pathfinder Eando Kline. We spent days hiding out in the city before a final confrontation forced me to take a last stand to buy time for Eando to escape. Captured alive, I endured a brief trial followed by a sentence of indefinite imprisonment in Citadel Vraid!"
she says distressed.

"Recently a team of Pathfinders investigating the disappearance of Chelish ambassador Zarta Dralneen freed me, and now I wish to repay my debts to the society. Although I believe that my companions have since recovered their respective shares, I suspect that my cache remains untouched." she says with a hopeful voice.

Wanted by the Hellknights, she cannot retrieve the riches herself. She explains that she surrenders her claim to the Pathfinder Society before making preparations to relocate to Andoran, where the Hellknights are unlikely to find her.

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Demm looks at the others, "There am fungus for eating too, if you am liking to eat that."

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"I'd hardly use the term inoffensive to describe otyughs. Relatively harmless perhaps. The architecture down there is a going to be a mess of natural caverns and staggered construction, which will beat looking at identical brick tunnels the entire time we're down there.

Gamil looks through the provided gear.

I'd recommend one of you downs this antiplague before we even set foot in the sewers."

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (4/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 7/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions:

Kn. History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

"That's right," Tsamara nods at Gamil. "The vaults being partly made up of natural tunnels and caverns probably also explains why there's more than just rats that live down there."

She considers the ramifications of entering an old cult complex, frowning.

"We should probably watch out for traps, too."


The old lady Pathfinder nods.

"Korvosa's sewers have lots of blackboil alligators, so I wouldn't go for a swim unless you really have to. My group ran into some other strange creatures years ago, but our scholar usually identified them for us; I don't remember what they were." she says.

"And please look thoroughly! My comrades were a loyal bunch, and while they've no doubt claimed their own shares over the years, they know well enough to avoid taking any of mine. The vault is pretty out of the way and should still be a secret."

She sighs and continues.

"Once you're in the sewers, you should be just a few minutes away unless you run into trouble on the way."

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

"Gods above, who would intentionally go swimming in a sewer?!"

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Must I teach them everything? With a sigh, "Sad fleshie tunnels am good for moving in city. They am dark and am going everywhere important. All rich and powerful fleshies am need tunnels so their houses no am stink."


Any more information needed?

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

I’m good…Data has no knowledge checks…

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (4/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 7/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions:

"Demm's right, it may be unsanitary but it's a good way to get about without being seen. And, ah, that actually brings up another good point - are there any other peoples or groups that are known to use these passageways that we should be wary of?"

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data’s lights blink heavily at Tsamara’s query. ”Smugglers, perhaps?”

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 6/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 1/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: - -

"We should be wary regardless," Onye says. "We know the sewers to be home to dangerous creatures."

Need to know? Probably. Can think to ask? No.


She shakes her head.

"Nothing more I can tell you to be honest. I have not been down there in ages!" she says.

Any preparations before you leave?

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Nothing until we reach the sewer entrance.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 7/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"One more question. What did you stash away, exactly? Apart from the trinket you want us to return to you. Gold? Jewels? Burning books maybe? They're popular at the moment."

Aurora is prepared.


Sascha nods.

“Well, the trove contains a masterwork breastplate, a set of masterwork butterfly swords, a pearl-studded silver brooch in the shape of a dove, two spelunking kits, two scrolls of mage armor, a scroll of grease, a ring of protection +I , a fine emerald, and a pouch of platinum pieces. The trove also holds a handy haversack that contains a +1 lon9sword, a +1 mithral chain shirt, a ring of sustenance, and several hundred gold and platinum coins. In addition, you’ll find a plain silver locket whose interior bears only the inscription "EverYours-EK”!“ she recounts.

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (4/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 7/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions:

"O-oh," Tsamara blinks, a bit surprised that Sascha would be willing to be so up-front about the personal nature of the locket. Of course the group would've probably noticed that detail when they found it, but still.

"Well! No wonder you're eager to have it back, then. And the rest of that, that's quite a stash! We'll do our very best to get your trinket back to you."
______________

Tsamara could probably stand to do some shopping but I don't think there's anything urgent that she needs to buy.


You are navigating Korvosa!

The Midland district, packed with markets and banks, bustles with commercial activity despite the drizzling rain, and you have no trouble finding shopping opportunities but also the concealed sewer entrance in the secluded alley so long as they follow Sascha's directions.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Now would be the time for someone to take that antiplague. Antitoxins as well. I'm happy to take on of them and walk in front. Any objections?"

Gamil will cast Heightened Awareness on himself.

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (4/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 7/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions:

"Makes sense to me," Tsamara nods. "Either those who fight in close quarters should use the antiplague and antitoxins...or those who would have trouble fighting off such afflictions..."

She glances at Demm tad-draguni.

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data shrugs. ”Perhaps I should lead the way, seeing as how we don’t have that phantom thingy of Djahan’s here to scout…”

Data keeps a sharp eye out for danger as he leads the group to the sewers…

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

…and once they approach the sewers, he tries to conceal himself as he moves…

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 6/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 1/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: - -

"I have my own to drink as well as a vermin repellent to apply," Onye says.

Antiplague and vermin repellent once we arrive at the sewers.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 7/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"Oh, vermin repellent! That's a fine idea. Is it expensive?"

If there's time Aurora makes a last minute stop at an apothecary to purchase vermin repellent. Once at the sewer entrance she ties off her horse, applies the repellent and swallows her antiplague with a prayer to her goddess to preserve her.


Sascha gave you rudimentary directions to the secret entrance, along with a general idea of where to navigate once inside. Bidding you farewell, she sent you on your way.

After making your purchases, you are able to find the secret entrance in a secluded alley with ease.

kn history or local or engineering DC 15:

KORVOSAN SEWERS
When the first Chelish colonists in Korvosa began building
the city's sewer system, they discovered many large stones
leftover from Shoanti burial mounds and integrated them
into the construction, carelessly discarding the Shoanti
remains interred within and finishing the tunnels in
brick. The result is an irregular construction style with
tunnels that turn abruptly to exploit other former burial
mounds.

~

A1

A rusty, slime-encrusted steel ladder descends into the Korvosan sewers, whose tunnels stretch to the north, east, and south like roads in an underground city. Curtains of fungus and mold hang from the ceilings, which rise roughly ten feet above the tunnels’ walkways, which run along either side of the sewage channels.

Occasional dim patches of light filter in from the streets above providing minimal illumination. Despite the sickening smell of decay, the tunnels are free of garbage, waste, and the other byproducts of Korvosan life.

Unless otherwise noted, the ceilings are 8 feet tall and the water flows leisurely through the center of the sewers. DC 10 swim check. There are walkways alongside medium and small creatues can utilize. The 'LADDER UP' is the ladder leading down/up to the sewers.

It is dark down in the sewers - so those without darkvision will need to handle the darkness.

These tunnels are the first of those detailed in Sascha's directions, and her notes direct you to make your way north from the ladder.

Besides a few rats scurrying down one of the walkways, there are no creatures visible when you first descend into the sewers.

~

Data scouts ahead of the party, no more than 30’, bow drawn with Stealth, Perception, and Tracking in his mind.

To the east, Data sees a cave.

A2.

The bricks that once sealed off this natural cave appear to have been removed long ago. Garbage litters the cave's floor, and the knee-deep pile writhes with beetles. Fresher pieces of refuse lie on the top, largely untouched by the resident decomposers.

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (4/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 7/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions:

Kn. Local (DC 15): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"My vision's better than a human's, but I'm afraid I still need a little light to see by," Tsamara whispers once the group descends into the sewers. She conjures a small light onto the tip of her longspear and then takes up position towards the rear of the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data will cautiously search the cave (A2) to see if anything might be hidden among the refuse…

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Demm hardly listens to the fleshies and furries complain about the light. He drinks two vials before entering the sewers, just as a precaution. It is certainly not an admission of potential dangers the tunnels may present.

Anti-plague and vermin repellent as well, though now that I think about it, I believe the vermin repellent is applied, not consumed.

None of those Knowledges

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 6/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 1/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: - -

Onye leaps to the other side of the channel.

Take 10, -2 ACP = 17 vs. DC 10


Data looks around.

A2

Something has used this cave as a place to store her more interesting finds over the past several years, though the collection serves as little more than a short-term larder and a place to stash worthless, quickly-forgotten baubles.

But suddenly you see a satchel and a human leg that lie on the top of the pile.

You look through the pockets and it seems that leg is all that remains of a missing Taldan operative following an unfortunate run-in with something that bit him.

Heal DC 15 :

Seems like rats bit him!!

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data looks over the leg, his circuitry lighting up and blinking on and off rapidly…

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

”Looks like this poor fellow was bitten…by rats…we should be wary…”

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 7/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Aurora blinks. "Bloody big rats, Mister Data."

Aurora consumes her antiplague and applies vermin repellent once in the sewer. For the time being she eschews her magical legs and keeps her tail on.

"The water's not as bad as I expected" she comments as she slips in. "And I'm faster if I take the channels."

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (4/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 7/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions:

"You're braver than I am," Tsamara remarks with a mixture of admiration and disgust as Aurora slips into the nasty sewer water. "Then again, I don't have fins or a tail - maybe I'd feel differently if I did."

She keeps an eye out behind the group as the others investigate the one-legged body, though she's not entirely surprised about the rat revelation. "Well, we *were* warned about rats...and I've heard stories about things growing bigger than usual in the sewers..."

After letting that thought trail off she glances around again.

"Which way next? Maybe the branch down that way?" she asks, pointing in Onye's general direction.


GM:
Perception

Perc(Aurora): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Perc(Onye: scent): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Perc(Tsamara): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Perc (Gamil): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perc (Data): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Data and Onye suddenly hear something large move in your direction from the north!

Data even hears faint words in common.

"Ohhh ... asking for tasty food. Maybe food?? Oh food!"

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

”Sounds like someone…or something…is asking for tasty food…”

Data has his bow ready, awaiting to see just whom or what is making that request…

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 6/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 1/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: - -

Onye advances to the limit of Tsamara's light and readies his polearm. "If the leg in the cave is any sign of what creatures down here consider tasty, we may need to refuse," he says to Data.


Suddenly, you see a three-legged freak appear that is mostly mouth. Three tentacles, two tipped with barbs and one with eyes, extend from its sides and it’s quite large.

”Argghgfggfggfffghhh!?“ it says curiously.

It roars and whips it’s toothed tentacles across the walls and ceiling to display it’s strength.

Sense motive DC 20 :

So long as you do not attack it immediately, it might interpret your inaction as a sign of successful intimidation and could rather slowly approach you peacefully.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 7/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Well. I have no idea. He's very big though, isn't he? Is it a he?"

"Hello, big friend" Aurora calls to the tripod. "I too would like something to eat. Just so you know, I am definitely not edible though."

1 to 50 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VERTERAN'S VAULT - GM Nowruz All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.