#VETERAN'S VAULT - GM Nowruz (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Maps / Handouts


201 to 250 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Demm was hoping for something more...spectacular? Obvious? In either case, he begins to search the area for any arcane auras.

Perception {Detect Magic}: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Before you really enter the next room ... so Gamil you were not in the room yet unfortunately.

GM:
Perception

Perc(Aurora): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Perc(Onye: scent): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perc(Tsamara): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Perc (Gamil): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Perc (Data): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Demm 21

vs.

stealth : 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40

GM:
Initiative

Ini(Aurora): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Ini(Onye): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Init(Tsamara): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16]
Init(Gamil): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
(+4 w/ Heightened Awareness)
Init(Data): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Init(Demm): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

vs.

M: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
D: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Wow, you were not lucky with perception and initiative. They rolled super high but also have high modifiers. :-(

~

Surprise Round

You all do not see that a small figure - similar to the one you saw earlier - silently 5 ft steps from behind the Altar with a scroll in its hand that it casts!

kn nature to identify gremlin.

Suddenly, a crocodile appears right in front of Gamil and Onye ... and it really is able to bite Onye's leg and blood flows! It also tries to grab him but Onye is stronger and can pull away.

Bite, Onye=1 / Gamil=2, smite good +3 damage on good foes: 1d2 ⇒ 11d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11
Grab automatic if bite hits: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

kn nature or planes to identify Crocodile.

~

Round 1

The little creature seizes the initiative and casts another spell directing the spell at Gamil who suddenly thinks that the situation is really funny!

DC 19 Will save vs. hideous laughter with +4 on the save because humor doesn't “translate” well. ;-)

Simultaneously, the little creature moves an arm and shouts something ... two flying creatures fall from the cavern roof!

Undercommon:
"Attack from the back RERIKI AND XARMIGASH!"

Suddenly, the room where the crocodile appeared in plunges into darkness and the darkness moves into the aisle as well!

The creatures both open like a hideous octopus, their thin, hook-lined tentacles connected by a fleshy web and fly into the aisle until they are right next to Demma and Data!

kn arcana to identify if you have darkvision.

See areas of darkness - all with darkvision can of course see. One moving with the creature in orange and one static in the room.

~ ~

Surprise

Little fey gremlin

-

Round 1 - Darkness

Little fey gremlin
Flying creature, orange
Flying creature, red
Crocodile, 4/5 rounds remaining

Tsamara
Onye, -11
Gamil
Data
Aurora
Demm

Bold is up!

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

I'm going to operate under the assumption that I can make multiple knowledge checks. If I can't, just use the first one.

Nature: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22
Planes: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13
Arcana: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30

Gamil casts Divine Favor. "Lord in Iron, guide my hand!"


@Gamil: You have to either cast defensively or step back 5 ft or you risk an AoO.

Gamil immediately realizes that this grey little creature is a jinkin, the crocodile also has a fiendish look and that the flying creatures are darkmantles!

CE Tiny fey (gremlin), Spell-Like Abilities: At will - prestidigitation; 1 /day-dimension door (self plus 5 lbs. only). Languages Undercommon; Senses darkvision 120 ft., low-light vision;

Fiendish crocodile; Resist Cold and Fire 5; darkvision 60 ft

Darkmantle Advanced template, N Small magical beast, Senses blindsight 90 ft., darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Special Attacks constrict, grab (any size); Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—darkness

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

"The little flying squids are duskmantles and are very grabby. The crocodile looks like something from the lower planes, probably resistant to ice and fire. The only impressive thing the gremlins can do is a short range teleport, and at least one of them can't do that again today."

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Onye adapts to the darkness, allowing his other senses to become more attuned to the environment. He then brings his polearm to bear against the crocodile that just took a bite out of his leg.

Martial Flexibility (move): Blind-Fighting, Attack

+1 glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Confirm: +1 glaive-guisarme: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Magic, Slashing: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Additional Critical Damage: Magic, Slashing: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 = 18 Total: 29 damage

Better of:
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 29
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 88
Well, good. Whichever way Nowruz rules on the miss range, that should hit.


Onye immediately kills the crocodile with just one very strong and precise hit and the fiendish creature pops back to hell!

Tsamara, Data, Aurora, Demm are up!
Lower than 50% on the d100 is a miss on concealment.

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"Oh no, this won't do at all," Tsamara remarks as she focuses and her form begins to glow with a bright light. Then, she takes a step over to the nearby wall and flicks her wrist, allowing the wand in her wrist sheath to drop into her hand.

Revelation - Luminous Form (Su):

You can transform your body into churning light, granting you the effects of Blur and causing your body to shed light as a sunrod. At 7th level, creatures that end their turn adjacent to your luminous form become blinded for 1 round (Fortitude negates). At 13th level, creatures that end their turn adjacent to your luminous form are blinded for 1d4 rounds (Fortitude reduces to 1 round). At 18th level, your luminescence is as bright as natural sunlight, and creatures affected by natural sunlight are so affected if they end their turn adjacent to your luminous form. You can maintain your luminous form for up to 1 minute per day per oracle level; this duration need not be continuous, but it must be used in 1-minute increments. You can forgo the blur and blinding aspects of this ability to instead simply shed light as a torch, though this still counts against the ability’s duration for the day.

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"How am you all let this happen? He am right there." Demm conveniently forgets that he also failed to recognize the threat. His chaotic mind is already on to other issues.

Readied Action (Bad guy begins to cast a spell):
He quickly mutters an all too familiar spell. Two darts conjured from the essence of magic itself weave through multiple combatants until they slam into the spell-casting adversary.

Cast Defensively vs DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Toppling Magic Missile vs Gremlin: 2d4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 + 3 = 10
Trip?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Tsamara is suddenly shiny and blurry and Demm prepares to prevent the gremlin from casting!

Data and Aurora are up!

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

I keep overlooking that Aurora only has normal vision - has Tsamara's light countered the darkness at all?


Hi, Super interesting. Normally a sunrod cannot help because: Darkness spell says: “Nonmagical sources of light, such as torches and lanterns, do not increase the light level in an area of darkness.” But Tsamara’s effect is magical and acts like a sunrod! So within 30 ft we have dim light!! Yeah! ;-)
-> Yellow area is representing the sun rod.

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data moves 5’ NW and fires at the red creature…

To hit: Base/Dex, MW, PBS, Deadeye Bowman, Precise Shot
Damage: Strength, PBS

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 22
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"Ugghh! horrid little creatures!" Aurora cries in alarm as she suddenly notices two flapping critters menacing her. She steps back as Data looses an arrow.

If Data doesn't drop red, Aurora attempts to cast defensively, otherwise she just casts normally

concentration if needed, DC19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
concentration, gm reroll: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Well hopefully that roll wasn't needed

Aurora manifests or doesn't a scythe of pure force, that slashes at the nearest subterranean abomination...

spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

I'm having one of those lean periods with the dicebot :(


Data’s arrow pierces the wide flesh of the darkmantle but doesn’t kill it!

Aurora tries to cast defensively but unfortunately loses the spell.

~

The gremlin moves away which leads to Demm losing line of sight and thus he cannot try to disrupt the gremlin’s spell.

The dark creature really casts a spell and suddenly a 20 ft deep pit opens up beneath Data, Gamil and Onye but Aurora also isn’t safe!

create pit: DC 17 reflex for Gamil, Data and Onye or 2d6 falling damage with possibilities to lower to d6 damage with acrobatics dc 15. Please roll damage yourselves if you fall.

~

The darkmantles attack and Demm and Tsamara.

@Demm: Melee slam advanced : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 plus grab : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
crit? slam advanced : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The first darkmantle envelops the little kobold completely and slams him!!

@Tsa: Melee slam advanced : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 plus grab : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The second creature has no luck to grab Tsamara.

~

Hey Gamil, I just realized that you didn’t do your Will save.

will dc 19 with +4 : 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 = 16

Gamil is prone and really laughs out loud!!

A second save is needed this round.

~

Round 2 - Darkness

Little fey gremlin
Flying creature, orange
Flying creature, red, -6
Crocodile, disabled

Tsamara
Onye, -11, reflex dc 17 or fall
Gamil, will save dc 15 or continue laughing, reflex dc 17 or fall
Data, reflex dc 17 or fall
Aurora
Demm, -3, grappled

Bold is up!

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Well that's not good. But at least, if the pit is not directly under Aurora, she doesn't have to save yet but at the end of her turn if she's still adjacent to it (which she won't be, I hope).


Aurora Arulius wrote:
Well that's not good. But at least, if the pit is not directly under Aurora, she doesn't have to save yet but at the end of her turn if she's still adjacent to it (which she won't be, I hope).

Sorry! You are absolutely right. You don’t need an immediate save!

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Data reacts quickly, jumping away from the pit, moving to the top of the stairs, where he fires again at red…

To hit: Base/Dex, MW, PBS, Deadeye Bowman, Precise Shot
Damage: Strength, PBS

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 18
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Reflex vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Onye manages to hop to the edge of the pit as it forms. He then moves carefully through the cluttered floor covered in forgotten tools of torture. "Data, can you take care of those in the back?

Move 10 ft, Move 10 ft

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Gamil rolls out of the way of the widening pit and shakes off the residual laughter. He stands to his feet and begins to pace towards the Gremlin.
"Looks like our little friend there is a caster. Come over here, it's my turn to tell jokes."

Anything else I missed?

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Why am he move? How am he know Demm tad-draguni is being tricksy?

However, the wizard immediately has other problems. Inside, Demm rakes at the (softer?) skin.

Claw: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"Hey! Let him go!"

As she speaks the words Tsamara channels her power, attempting to help Demm slip free of the darkmantle's grasp.

Casting Liberating Command on Demm as an immediate action.

She then takes a step back and conjures a burst of flame from her hands, attempting to cook Orange!

Burning Hands vs. Orange (Fire): 3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) = 9

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"Careful there, Tsamara!" Aurora's eyes go wide as she wobbles between a pit and a firestorm. Fortunately the fire is over in a flash, and Aurora is able to step away from the pit. Less fortunately, it places her between the two darkmantles.

However, with two of the pathfinders now out of sight in the larger chamber, Aurora can unleash the power of her goddess freely.

negative channel: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 half damage; Will DC17 or Sickened for 2 rounds and Shaken for 2+ rounds. Only hitting the two darkmantles.


Data’s arrow pierces the darkmantle's flesh again and Demm can also slash it with his claws.

Then Tsamara's fire envelopes the other darkmantle and it cannot dodge!

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Then Aurora unleashes her negative energy and the darkmantle that was still grabbing Demm goes down!

The other darkmantle is unable to resist the sickening!

will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

~

Gamil and Onye move slowly into the room and suddenly something pierces Gamil's foot and he is clearly hurting.

Gamil <50% steps into knives: 1d100 ⇒ 481d20 ⇒ 20 1 damage, movement halved for 24 h and please make a fortitude save Gamil.

Onye<75% steps into knives: 1d100 ⇒ 491d20 ⇒ 1

Hazard: The scattered knives, spikes, and torture implements make navigating the room very dangerous. Whenever a creature moves more than 10 feet in one round in area B5, there is a 50% chance (75% chance if the creature cannot see) that the creature steps on one of the sharp tools. Treat this like moving through an area scattered with caltrops.

~ ~ ~

The gremlin casts a spell and again a 20 ft deep pit opens up beneath Gamil and Onye! It then retrieves a potion and steps behind the altar.

create pit: DC 17 reflex for Gamil and Onye or 2d6 falling damage with possibilities to lower to d6 damage with acrobatics dc 15. Please roll damage yourselves if you fall.

~

The other darkmantle attacks Aurora but just hits the wall.

Melee slam advanced, sickened : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d4 ⇒ 2 plus grab : 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22

~

Round 2 - Darkness

Little fey gremlin
Flying creature, orange, -11, Sickened for 2 rounds and Shaken for 2+ rounds
Flying creature, red, disabled
Crocodile, disabled

Tsamara
Onye, -11
Gamil, -1, Fort save please, reflex dc 17 or fall, movement halved
Aurora
Demm, -3

Bold is up!

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"You two have any way over that pit?" Aurora asks the other two spellcasters whilst she fends off the darkmantle.

concentration DC15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Stuck in close quarters, she casts a simple orison and calls upon the Divine Princess' blessings.

Cast Guidance on self, and activate Divine Vessel: Demm, Aurora and Tsamara get a +2 bonus on the next attack roll, skill check, or ability check made before the end of their next turn.

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Onye hops to the side of the forming pit yet again. He risks the sharp objects scattered on the ground in order to close upon the gremlin, drawing a cold iron aspergillum from his belt as he moves. "Spirit of mischief, you will return to the First World with expediency," he threatens. The spirit of the lion fills him as he swings the bludgeon.

Move 20 ft, Bloodrage, Attack

Cold Iron Battle Aspergillum, Bloodrage: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
Cold Iron, Bludgeoning, Bloodrage: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

AC 19
+8 rage HP

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data fires at orange…

To hit: Base/Dex, MW, PBS, Deadeye Bowman, Precise Shot
Damage: Strength, PBS

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 17
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9


Aurora is able to support her allies and Data can finally place an arrow right in the darkmantle’s head so it drops down immediately.

Onye moves fast in the room but can jump over the knives.

<50% steps into knives: 1d100 ⇒ 551d20 ⇒ 14

Unfortunately, his cautious approach leaves him off balance so he misses the very, very agile gremlin.

~

Round 2 - Darkness

Little fey gremlin
Flying creature, orange, disabled
Flying creature, red, disabled
Crocodile, disabled

Aurora
Onye, -11
Data

Tsamara
Gamil, -1, Fort save please, reflex dc 17 or fall, movement halved
Demm, -3

Bold is up!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"No...wait, yes! Yes I can! Hold on, Aurora!"

Admittedly assuming Aurora's permission, since she was the one that asked in the first place, Tsamara focuses her power to create tiny tears in the fabric of space and time, enough to allow her to warp the merfolk across the first pit to stand next to Data.
______________

Tsamara uses the Heaven's Leap hex to shift Aurora next to Data on the stairs. This is part of her Bonded Spirit ability, which I referenced here.


Awesome ability. ;-)

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Demm climbs out of the leather bag that is the dead darkmantle.

Assuming that is a full round action


The darkmantle just fell off Demm. You can take your normal actions. ;-)

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Not much to do with the pit there, lol.


Gamil is up!

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Falling Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

"Starting to get mad now."
Gamil will pick himself off of the floor of the pit and begin retrieving his grappling hook from his backpack.


Sorry for that Gamil!! :-/

The little gremlin laughs out loud, steps back and then casts a spell so that a ball of fire suddenly drops on Onye!

@Onye: Reflex save DC 17 or take fire damage : 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) = 5

@All others except of Onye: The gremlin is smaller than the altar so you have to move to a position where you have line of sight and then he still has cover potentially.

~

Round 2 - Darkness

Little fey gremlin
Flying creature, orange, disabled
Flying creature, red, disabled
Crocodile, disabled


Aurora
Onye, -11
Data

Tsamara
Gamil, -11, movement halved
Demm, -3

Bold is up!

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 + Spirit Surger: 1d6 ⇒ 1 = 16 :(

Onye yowls as the gremlin summons a sphere of fire. He steps out of the fire and after the gremlin. He adapts to the situation and tries to clobber the little gremlin with his cold iron aspergillum. "Take your tricks elsewhere!"

5-ft Step, Martial Flexibility (dedicated adversary: jinkin), Attack

Cold Iron Battle Aspergillum, Bloodrage, Dedicated Adversary: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 19
Cold Iron, Bludgeoning, Bloodrage, Dedicated Adversary: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 9


The cold iron hisses when it touches the gremlin's skin and slashes across the black flesh ... the gremlin fey howls in agony as if this was not what it expected to happen!

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Having been miraculously teleported over the pit, Aurora finds herself once more in darkness. She stumbles towards the sound of the battle until she emerges from the dark.

Double move. There's a bat-like thing on the map, is that a hostile?

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data moves forward slowly and fires at the gremlin…

To hit: Base/Dex, MW, PBS, Deadeye Bowman, Precise Shot
Damage: Strength, PBS

Longbow: 1d10 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 15
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

Figuring that Demm might be able to do more good on the other side than she can, Tsamara moves forward and looks at the kobold. "Hold on, I'll get you across too..."

She focuses once more and manages to shift her kobold ally over the pit and next to Data on the stairs.
______________

Move to current map position and Heaven's Leap Demm across the pit~


Aurora Arulius wrote:

Having been miraculously teleported over the pit, Aurora finds herself once more in darkness. She stumbles towards the sound of the battle until she emerges from the dark.

Double move. There's a bat-like thing on the map, is that a hostile?

Hi Aurora, sorry, deleted the bat. ;-) Regarding your movement: unfortunately, you cannot orient yourself based on just sound so easily without a check because one companion is a deep pit and there is sound with every step you make (knives) and it is not really clear in which direction to move in darkness. I just checked the perception skill table and would say that you have to make a DC 15 perception check to really understand what is going on and move in the right direction without a chance to fall in the pit etc.. Additionally, you could will get hurt which I will roll below:

Aurora moves fast in the room and cannot jump over the knives.

<75% steps into knives: 1d100 ⇒ 211d20 ⇒ 19 Please also make a fort save and your movement is halved on top of the perception check as outlined above.

Unfortunately, her not so cautious approach leaves her with wounds that make walking difficult.

~

Hi Data, as outlined in my earlier post the gremlin has total cover from your current position so you cannot see it as it is smaller than the altar that is in front of it. Please change your action.

~

Tsamara's magic can easily transport also Demm to the other side of the pit!

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Perception check sounds fair GM.

Perception to find her way, vessel, guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 24

Aurora was moving at half speed through the darkness - but I see that moving 10 feet or more in a round triggers the caltrop attack.

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 +5 vs disease

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Grappling hook: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (13) - 3 = 10

Gamil's grappling hook sails over the edge of the pit and hooks onto the altar. He begins to pull himself out of the pit.

My assumption is that this is only going to be 5 ft. of movement at a time.

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Unable to leap across the pit, or perhaps just unwilling to try, the kobold merely waits. He cranes his neck in an effort to see any possible spell recipients.


Demm tad-draguni wrote:
Unable to leap across the pit, or perhaps just unwilling to try, the kobold merely waits. He cranes his neck in an effort to see any possible spell recipients.

Demm, Tsamara teleported you to the other side. :-)

~

Data and Demm are up.

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Demm scurries along the wall towards the weird fish lady.

Double Move


Demm moves in the room and cannot jump over the knives.

<50% steps into knives: 1d100 ⇒ 261d20 ⇒ 20 Please also make a fort save and your movement is halved Demm.

Unfortunately, he also is not so cautious and wounds his feet which makes walking difficult.

~

Data is up. Gremlin not visible from current position.

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data reconsiders as he has no LOS, so he double moves at half-speed to avoid the sharp objects on the floor…


Data moves in the room and can jump over the knives.

<50% steps into knives: 1d100 ⇒ 701d20 ⇒ 9

Gamil is on his way up!

All others are in position to attack!

~

The little gremlin laughs out loud, steps back and then casts a spell so that another ball of fire on top of the former one suddenly drops on Onye!

@Onye: 2 x Reflex save DC 17 or take fire damage : 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) = 83d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5) = 11

~

Initiative

Little fey gremlin, -9
Flying creature, orange, disabled
Flying creature, red, disabled
Crocodile, disabled


Aurora, -1, movement halved
Onye, -16, 2 x Reflex save
Data

Tsamara
Gamil, -11, movement halved
Demm, -4, movement halved

Bold is up!

201 to 250 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VERTERAN'S VAULT - GM Nowruz All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.