#VETERAN'S VAULT - GM Nowruz (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Maps / Handouts


51 to 100 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"A bit of an unorthadox greeting, but when in Korvosa ... "

Gamil shrugs and answers the creature with a roar of his own.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Now that we've gotten the formalities out of the way, mind telling us your name?"

I'd alo like to identify our new friend, but I've got a pretty good idea of what he? might be.

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Onye growls, fairly suspicious that this is an aberration that should be removed from creation.


As you are not attacking and Gamil is imitating its actions successfully, the creature slowly approaches, saying, "Give something good to Togg. I am Togg. Give Togg good food with good taste."

Sense Motive DC 20:

Togg is potentially willing to barter with you for safe passage in exchange for large quantities of fresh meat, fine foods,
or interesting drinks. Convincing Togg to let you pass unmolested requires Diplomacy but its going to be hard and if not successful combat is inevitable!

Onye does not know what this is but Gamil has an idea!

Gamil and everyone making a kn dung. DC 14+:

Otyugh
N Large aberration

1 question for every 5 above DC 14.

Otyughs are particularly vile and horrid creatures that lurk in places most sane creatures avoid. Their lairs are middens, cesspools, offal pits, toxic swamps, and sewers—the greater a lair’s filth, the greater the draw to the refuse-eating otyugh. They glory in the role of scavenger, wandering through vast underground caverns in search of the choicest cuts of garbage and waste. Upon finding such refuse, they gorge upon it, gathering what cannot be consumed in one debauch to bring back to their foul-smelling lairs. Otyughs spend most of their time in these filthy dens, which they keep constantly filled with carrion, dung, and worse sorts of stinking effluvia.

Intelligent creatures dwelling in subterranean areas near an otyugh often form a partnership of convenience with the disgusting beast. These creatures gladly provide their refuse and piles of raw meat to the otyugh, transforming the creature into an effective form of trash disposal. In return, the otyugh leaves its benefactors alone, and does not attack them, possibly even acting as a guardian.

The most horrifying thing to most races about the notorious otyugh is not the nature of its diet or its choice of lairs, but rather that a creature with an otyugh’s tastes can be anything other than a mindless scavenger. In fact, otyughs are surprisingly intelligent, and often quite eager to form alliances with those who offer them a steady supply of delicious diversions in the form of offal and waste. Most otyughs understand the fact that other creatures find them unpleasant and hideous, but few really care.

GM:
Perception

Perc(Aurora): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Perc(Onye: scent): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Perc(Tsamara): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Perc (Gamil): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Perc (Data): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"Er...maybe we should just give him some food?" Tsamara asks with a shrug. She gives the creature a curious, but wary, look. "Togg, what kind of food do you like to eat?"

Please don't say 'people'...

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"Onye, dearest, seeing as you are closest, why don't you fetch that nice meaty leg for Togg? If Togg doesn't eat it then rats or bugs will."


Togg looks at the cat lady and thinks.

“Togg likes new tastes!! Drink someone once was good! Or new food that not here!! Yes!! New!!“ it says.

Togg is a little bit angry now after the mermaid’s suggestion.

“That is Togg’s leg!! I ripped off myself!! Other parts already very tasty!! You not steal leg!!!“ the creature shouts.

Either food or you make a diplomatic approach with a roll. :-)

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Any special attacks?

Now, now, Mr. Togg, there is no need to shout. We certainly have no designs on your leg here.

He motions for the leg's current holder to hand it to him.

As to any new food, I'm unfortunately not in the habit of bringing food with me on day trips inside of city limits. I can't speak for my companions, but I suspect the same for them. I would be quite happy to bring you something later today, after our business here is concluded. The Lodge canteen has quite a wide ranging selection of exotic culinary options. I'm certain we can find you something new and exciting.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data pulls out one of his wandermeal rations, reasoning that it has to taste better than a rotting leg, and offers it to Togg. ”Here you go, Togg,” he says, as he tosses it towards the creature. ”Try this, I find it much tastier than a leg.” Hedging his bets, he keeps a tight grip on his bow…


The large creature takes the food that Data offers but does not really understand what Gamil is trying to say.

Mechanics: The PCs receive a +1 bonus on the diplomacy skill check for every 10 gold pieces worth of food or drink-even potions-that they give to Togg, to a maximum of a +10 bonus. But you have to roll eventually!

After eating the food offered, Togg is not satisfied.

“Sewers have lots of food, but I want better food. Food from above! Tasty drinks!“

Togg points to Aurora and adds, “That one also looks good. It's not small. But no one would notice it's gone!!“ it says.

“You give good food to me, I let you pass. Everyone's happy, and no one's hungry. If the food is really good, maybe you get treasure!!“

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"I am hungry. Very hungry indeed."

Aurora stifles her anger at being thought of as a potential meal. For the moment. She dips under the water for a moment to invoke her Goddess's blessing out of Togg's sight. Cast Guidance, apply Divine Vessel.

Aurora resurfaces a moment later. "If you could see the rest of me you'd realise I'm mostly bone. For something substantial, you should really go to the surface world. I did, after all. So, I will make you a proposal Togg. Let us pass - with treasure, naturally - and I will take you to a special eating place up above once our business here is concluded. They do an all-you-can-eat special. I'm not allowed back, but my friends here will get you carry-out."

diplomacy, guidance, vessel: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 13

Oh dear. Maybe Onye will have to purge the abomination after all :o

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
{Weaknesses, Special Attacks}

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"She's right, you know," Tsamara purrs. "The city above has all manner of food, from all over the realm. Hot, cold, spicy, mild, sweet, sour...anything you could want! Or we could bring you some of everything, if you allow us to pass..."

Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 Meh to that roll!

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

"Aurora would be missed," Onye counters.


Togg just moves its body left and right with disappointment.

GM:

Stealth in lair (Other O): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

vs.

Perception

Perc(Aurora): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Perc(Onye: scent): 1d20 + 7 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 8 = 30
Perc(Tsamara): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Perc (Gamil): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Perc (Data): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

GM:
Initiative

Init(O): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Ini(Aurora): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Ini(Onye): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Init(Tsamara): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22]
Init(Gamil): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
(+4 w/ Heightened Awareness)
Init(Data): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Onye suddenly realizes that something is approaching from the tunnel to the east and it definitely smells like the creature in front of him!

~

SURPRISE ROUND

Onye

ARGURG

~

Initiative

Data
Gamil
Tsamara
Aurora
Data
Onye

ARGURG
TOGG

Bold is up!

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Data is on the tracker twice. Is one of those Demm?

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

"Draw blades!" Onye shouts, alerting his allies to the approaching threat.

Call to Arms/move action
All allies within 30 ft are no longer flat-footed even if surprised.

Combat Reflexes, 5 AOOs

+1 glaives-guisarme: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Magic, slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
+1 glaives-guisarme: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Magic, slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Sorry Demm! Can you fill out the macros in the slides with Demm’s details?

Onye’s shout really wakes you all up!!

The second hidden Otyugh comes out of hiding with a roar and attacks Aurora who is not flatfooted anymore … but it only hits the water with a tentacle!!

1st tentacle : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 plus grab: cmb grapple : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

~

Initiative

Data
Gamil
Tsamara
Aurora
Demm
Onye

ARGURG
TOGG

Bold is up!

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"Two of them? I guess I shouldn't be surprised," Tsamara huffs as she flicks her wrist, allowing a small wand to drop into her hand from a wrist sheath. She waves it over the party and then moves a few steps back down the tunnel, trying to give Demm and Aurora some room to maneuver if they need it.
______________

Tsamara will use her wand of Bless; charges remaining (45).

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

And here I was worried this was going to be a boring trip!"

Gamil will cast Divine Favor and interpose himself between Aurora and the new otyugh, drawing the heavy tome from his belt as he goes.

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Onye steps toward the first otyugh to appear and calls upon his exotic training to prepare to battle these aberrations. He then readies his polearm to strike.

5-foot Step, Martial Flexibility: dedicated adversary (otyugh) (move), Ready Attack (standard)

Readied Attack (reach):

+1 glaive-guisarme, bless, DA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 25
magic, slashing, DA: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"Why, thank you Gamil" says Aurora as she ducks under the water and retreats.

I'm assuming that being underwater will grant Aurora total cover against the second otyugh.

At a safer distance, Aurora resurfaces and invokes the power of her goddess. "I'll show you hunger!" she cries as she brandishes her unholy symbol.

channel negative: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 half damage. DC17 Will save or else be Sickened until the end of Aurora's turn in two rounds' time, and Shaken for 2 rounds. Select out the party members so as to only affect Argurg.


will w/o modifier : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

The monstrous creature is hurt a little but ignores the negative effect of the channel as it’s used to eating all sorts of disgusting stuff!!

The remaining pathfinders prepare!

DEMM AND DATA are up! ;)

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data shrugs, thinking, Probably should’ve offered it the kobold, before firing at the northernmost creature…

To hit: Base/Dex, MW, PBS, Deadeye Bowman, Precise Shot
Damage: Strength, PBS

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 23
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

…then moves back 5’…

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

The kobold posits on the best course of action. "It am goodest strategy to focus killing one firstly." on Demm raises his claw and launches a pair of sorcerous darts at the monster at the end of the hall.

Sorcerer Magic Missile (CL3) vs BROWN: 2d4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 + 3 = 8


Data’s arrow strikes one of the tentacles and Demm’s missiles bludgeons the main body!!

Togg moves forward 5 ft and although it’s 10 ft away from Onye, his reach weapon slashes across the large aberrations round chest and slimy blood drips out!!

“Atgghghhhg!!! You hurt me!!! We not eat you!! You let Togg live!“ she shouts.

Togg then does not attack Onye anymore.

The second male Otyugh roars at Gamil but seems to be as incompetent as it’s wife but much braver as it attacks … but it’s in vain!

Bite : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 plus fort save vs disease

1st tentacle : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 plus grab: cmb grapple : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

2nd tentacle : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 plus grab: cmb grapple : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

~
Buffs: Bless,
~
Initiative

Data
Gamil
Tsamara
Aurora
Demm
Onye

ARGURG, -3
TOGG, -24

Bold is up!

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"You don't want to die? Then you and your friend need to back off," Tsamara hisses as she readies herself to cast a bit of magic at the male otyugh should he not heed the warning. "Watch out Gamil, things might get toasty!"

Readied Spell (Burning Hands):

Fire Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) = 9

DC 15 Reflex for half damage.


______________

Tsamara readies to cast Burning Hands if White Otyugh tries to attack Gamil - but she *will not* risk doing so if Gamil or another ally moves within the projected spell radius.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

"Understood, do what you must!"

Gamil brings his book down on Argurg.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Demm watches as the combat unravels.

Delay for the moment.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

"I believe I heard the word 'treasure' before we were so rudely ambushed" Aurora remarks as she raises her unholy symbol again.

negative channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 samey same: half damage, and Will DC17 to avoid Sicken and Shaken for 2 rounds. Selective Channel excludes party members, only Argurg is effected.


Gamil’s book is clearly surprising the large aberration as he’s usually eating paper and doesn’t get internal bleeding from it!!

will : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The monstrous creature is hurt by Aurora and spits a little bit!!

Tsemara prepares fire and Demm waits.

DATA and Onye are up! ;)

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Seeing Togg is not attacking, Data turns and fires at the other creature…

To hit: Base/Dex, MW, PBS, Deadeye Bowman, Precise Shot
Damage: Strength, PBS

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 25
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

…then moves back 5’…

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Onye growls at Togg. "We shall see."

He moves down the walkway and brings his weapon to bear against Argurg.

Move, Attack

+1 glaive-guisarme, bless, DA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 26 through cover
magic, slashing, DA: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

Attacks of Opportunity (first two):

+1 glaive-guisarme, bless, DA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 12
magic, slashing, DA: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

+1 glaive-guisarme, bless, DA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 29
magic, slashing, DA: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


The aggressive ARGURG sinks to the ground and is bleeding from books, negative energy, arrows and slashing wounds!’

Trogg is clearly shocked and wordlessly runs away in the direction it came from!!

Combat over. What do you do?

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"Well, that works too," Tsamara shrugs as she lowers her hands and allows her gathered power to harmlessly dissipate. "Too bad, I'd have been okay with letting them live if they'd backed down."

She looks around. "Everyone okay?"


You check the lair of ARGURG that surprised you with detect magic but find nothing else of value there.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

"One of them got away, so don't feel to bad about it.

Gamil pokes Argurg's corpse with his boots.

"This one seemed much more aggressive. Probably better that it was dealt with sooner rather than latter.

Gamil will search area A2.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21


Area A2 was already searched earlier by Data.

Gamil does not find anything useful anymore in this area. You have to follow the tunnel to the east.

Heading on through the tunnel, it comes to a 'T' intersection. To the east, you see ongoing sewer.

Data sees that the tunnel terminates in a small shrine centered around a large statue of a rat, around which handfuls of baubles and trinkets lie as if left as offerings.

Nearly every brick bears some type of scratch marks, many having the appearance of writing without actually forming coherent letters. About one foot above the walkway, a large pipe emerges from the southern wall.

A pair of leather clad subjects are currently picking through the offered items.

2d20 ⇒ (13, 12) = 25

They don't seem to have spotted you at this time.

Silver Crusade

AC 17 {T:12/FF:16} HP 25/25 Init+2, Perception +7 | Fort +2, Reflex +3, Will +3 | Darkvision 90' | Tracked Resources: Versatile Evocation 6/6 | Dancing Light 3/3 | Reroll 1/1
Wizard:
Toppling Magic Missile {CL 5}3/3 | {CL 3} 1/1 | Thunderstomp {CL 4} 1/1
Sorcerer:
Magic Missile {CL 3} 2/3

Demm rolls his eyes. "Fleshie thieves am not mission. Better to ignoring them."

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

"I fear they may be in our way," Onye says. "And they are likely to take notice of us soon enough as we search for the right flagstone."

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

Gamil takes the current lull in activities to consume the provided antiplague.


2d20 ⇒ (6, 19) = 25

One of the two humanoids turns towards your group.

A strange expression seems to form on the bald male at the sight of your group. "I...we...uh..."

The duo appear visibly surprised by your sudden appearance and gusto.

Suddenly, the statues eyes begin to glow red. An unusual, obscene sound begins to echo off the sewer walls.

"អ្នករាល់គ្នាជាសត្វសាហាវ! សម្លាប់គ្នាដូច្នេះខ្ញុំអាចរីករាយនឹងព្រលឹងអ្នក!"

Undercommon:

The sounds says "You vile beasts! Kill each other so I may feast upon your souls!"

Glancing towards the rat statue, both subjects eyes go wide as they turn back to you.

"Demons?! Devils?! You've woken the dead!" shrieks the one with the bald head and blue ascot.

"Kill them Pellius!" shrieks the one wearing red socks.

"We must appease the gods. It's the only way to get out of here alive!!!"

GM:
Initiative

Ini(Aurora): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Ini(Onye): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Init(Tsamara): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20]
Init(Gamil): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
(+4 w/ Heightened Awareness)
Init(Data): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Init(Demm): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Init(Both): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Init(Other): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The pair grab their weapons and begin twirling them in front. Though neither advance on the group, their intentions are quite clear.

~

Initiative

Tsamara
Aurora
Data
Onye
Gamil

Thugs

Demm

Bold Up!

Sorry, but due to 'things' in this scenario pretty much forces this fight to occur.

Dark Archive

active effects:
Merfolk Cleric 4 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMD 11 | HP 31/31| F +7 R +3 W +8 | Init +1 | Perc +3 | Channel 6/7 | Divine Vessel 6/6 | Death's Kiss 6/6

Aurora remains in the water. She swims forwards a little, but the two thieves are too far for her to reach with her debilitating Channel. She casts a spell.

Hold Person at bald guy. DC16 Will, duration 4 rounds.

"Really now. Why does everyone we meet down here have a death wish?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 31/31 l AC: 18, T 14, FF 14 l CMD 17 l F +4, R +5, W +6; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (3/4) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 6/7, L2: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Diplomacy +11, Kn. History/Local/Planes/Religion +9, Kn. Nature +8, Linguistics +4, Spellcraft +9
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4 | Active Conditions: Blur (1 min)

"Hmph...this is what happens when you steal from the gods," Tsamara snorts, not impressed by the shenanigans of the would-be thieves. Once again she flexes her wrist and retrieves her wand from its wrist sheath. She gives it a wave and then...

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 17

...nimbly hops across the sewer channel to the other side.
______________

Tsamara uses her wand of Bless; charges remaining (44).


You all feel blessed and see that the bald thug resists Aurora’s spell.

will : 1d20 ⇒ 20

Dark Archive

CN Half-Orc Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 21 FF: 20 T: 11 | F: +6 R: +3 W: +5 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20' | Spells: Divine Favor x2, Heightened Awareness x1, Shield of Faith x1

"This is how you wish to meet your end? Dead in a sewer, following the orders of a gibbering statue? Not how I'd choose to go, but I'm sane"

Gamil strides forward twice.

The Concordance

CG male catfolk 4 | HP: 27/37 | AC: 21 (22) T: 15 FF: 16 (17) | F: +10 R: +8 W: +0 | CMD: 20 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (scent) SM: -1 | Speed: 35 ft (climb 15 ft) | SR 4/6 | BR 6/6 | Flex: 4/4 | Influence: 2/4 | Cat’s Luck: 1/1 | Re-Roll: 1/1 | Effects: bless

Onye follows Gamil and readies his polearm to strike should the thugs press their aggression.

Move, Ready (attack)

Readied Attack:

+1 glaive-guisarme, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
magic, slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Attack of Opportunity (first 3 of 5):

+1 glaive-guisarme, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25
magic, slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
+1 glaive-guisarme, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11
magic, slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
+1 glaive-guisarme, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11
magic, slashing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data fires at the nearest thug…

To hit: Base/Dex, MW, PBS, Deadeye Bowman, Precise Shot
Damage: Strength, PBS

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 24
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Data's arrow hits the shoulder of the man with the club!

The other thug moves forward towards Gamil and Onye is ready to strike but cannot penetrate the man's armor!

The one next to Gamil tries to hit the man with the book but only hits the wall.

Staff, fe +4: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 4 = 151d6 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 = 13

The other one charges towards Aurora and tries to strike her but only splashes water!

Staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

~

Suddenly, a bolt hits the water next to Aurora but you have no idea from where it came!

GM:
stealth
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

vs Perception

Perc(Aurora): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Perc(Onye: scent): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perc(Tsamara): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Perc (Gamil): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Perc (Data): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Perc (Demm): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Crossbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 211d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + (4) = 10

~

Initiative


Demm
Tsamara
Aurora
Data
Onye
Gamil

Thug red, -8
Thug blue

Bold Up!

Grand Lodge

Male Android Ranger / 3rd | HP:30/30 | AC:17 T:14 FF:13 | CMB:5 CMD:19 | F:+5 (+4 paralysis/poison/stun) R:+7 W:+3 (+4 mind effects)| Init:+6 | Per: +10

Data fires again at the same thug…

To hit: Base/Dex, MW, PBS, Deadeye Bowman, Precise Shot
Damage: Strength, PBS

Longbow: 1d10 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 16
Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11


Data's arrow bounces off the thug's armor!

51 to 100 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / VERTERAN'S VAULT - GM Nowruz All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.