GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


51 to 100 of 1,079 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar begins strumming on his mandolin, an upbeat and positive tune, reminiscent of hasty battles and quick feet, a reel, a jig - it is hard to place the origin of the song, but it feels robust to the companions. Quick, let us end these things so we're about our business...

Inspire Courage +2 competence bonus on attack and damage rolls, +2 morale bonus vs charm and fear effects. 1/23 rounds

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan fires a trio of cold iron arrows coated with ghost salt (effective agains incorporeal) at yellow first…if it drops, he’ll fire at red…

I’ll burn a use of Perfect Strike…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Flurry of Blows, Inspire Courage
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS, Inspire Courage

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 21
Magic Longbow (Perfect Strike): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 26
Magic/Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 10

Magic Longbow (Flurry of Blows): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 25
Magic/Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 11

Magic Longbow (Iterative): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 30
Magic/Cold Iron/Ghost Salt Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 16

Perfect Strike: 5/6


Farrar pulls out his mandolin. The sweet harmony of his music echoes throughout the copse of trees.

Then Galadhan comes in and quickly fires several arrows at the shadows. **Boom, boom** In quick succession, the elf archer eliminates the last two shadows!

"Impressive!" Aiyana shouts in glee. But looking at the tomb's doors being wide open, she snaps back to reality. "I hope that doesn't mean the Reborn have been here... We need to go inside in haste to make sure!"

Within 20 feet of the entrance, an unnatural dim light emanates from the tomb. Listening in, the tomb is eerily quiet.

What do you do now? If you do not have low-light vision or darkvision, let me know.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks readies his shadowed blade, steps forward and...the last of the Shadows are destroyed by Galadhan's arrows. He allows his blade to dissipate. "Ah, well. Excellent work, all."


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

If Siiska needs healing, Leon offers to help restore part of her Strength. I'm not sure if her phantom build really cares about Strength or not though. I know they vary.

"Only entering will tell us more," Leon says.

Are there any Barkskin or Heroism buffs we want to put up now? This is probably a good time for the longer-lasting ones.

Once the group looks ready, he moves forward into the tomb stealthily.

Stealth (darkness): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar nods, adjusting his cloak about himself, and readying his shield. He quickly sings a quick melody while consuming a small black bean, and his eys begin to dart everywhere all at once.

He then nods, Do we need light? I'm ready....

Heightened Awareness +2 Perception and all trained knowledge checks duration 80 minutes

Dark Archive

Human BldRgr1/Sorc4/DD3, HP:69/69, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17, (assumes mage armor) F:+7, R:+4, W:+7 (+2 vs. fear;+1 vs death), Init:+6, Perc:+10 (low-light vision)

Buffs:
Mage Armor - dur 7 hours (also on Galadhan)
Heightened Awareness - dur 70 minutes (will burn for a +4 on next initiative roll)
Light - dur 70 minutes

Give me a moment more to prepare before we enter.

...various mystical words and incantations...
casting Mage Armor on Galadhan and myself, cast Heightened Awareness on myself, cast Light on the top of my helmet.

We are ready to proceed now.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

"Not I." Aleks says to Farrar.


@Kal Drak, please make a DC 20 Caster Level check or lose the light spell!

Also, if anyone else wants to do any buffing, now might be the time to do it!

As Kal Drak attempts to shed some light, the unnaturalness of the tomb is seemingly apparent. He struggles to activate the spell, and even if he does, the tomb is still eerily dim.

Even if Kal Drak succeeds at the check to cast light, the light levels in the tomb are no stronger than dim light.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan nods and moves forward stealthily, bow still drawn…

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Current AC: 23
Perfect Strike: 5/6


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Seeing Kal Drak's magical light struggle in the tomb, Farrar sighs, Great even magical light dims in this place.... I wonder about non magical light... he considers fishing out a torch, and then decides against it, given how stealthily the group seems to be moving. His longsword slides out of its sheath, and Farrar works his shoulders loose before entering the tombs in a defensive stance.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Dark Archive

Human BldRgr1/Sorc4/DD3, HP:69/69, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17, (assumes mage armor) F:+7, R:+4, W:+7 (+2 vs. fear;+1 vs death), Init:+6, Perc:+10 (low-light vision)

caster level check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Ha! it actually worked. When it runs out though, we may need to cast the darkvision anyway though.

stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 The mighty dragons are not very sneaky.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks slides away from the others. Best that the group not get caught too close together. He tries to do so as quietly and nonchalantly as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


Kal Drak attempts to lighten the situation, but the light is still relatively dim.

Vision:

Akku/Siiska - darkvision
Aleksander - low-light vision
Farrar - n/a
Galadhan - low-light vision
Kal Drak - low-light vision
Leon - darkvision

Let me know if this looks accurate!

The group slowly sneaks in to the tomb, hoping not to make too much noise as they do so. Aiyana stands near the back, clearly nervous but still hoping that the Cradle of Night is still inside.

As everyone steps in, they see that the black stone walls of the first cylindrical chamber rises overhead to a height of 30ft. A stone double door blocks progress to the north. A 10ft radius circle of runes adorns the floor in the center of the room, but the etchings have been badly damaged by cracks and gouges.

But ... the group walks into an ambush! Two rather large centipede-like creatures seem to have been waiting right by the entrance. Their shadows seem strangely mobile. As the group enters, they attack!

Initiative:

Akku: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Aleksander: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Farrar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Galadhan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Kal Drak: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 4 = 17 (burn heightened awareness)
Leon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Aiyana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

---------

[u]Round 1[/u]

Conditions: dim light

Galadhan

blue creature
red creature

Leon
Akku
-Siiska (-6 strength)
Kal Drak
Farrar
Aleksander
Aiyana

Galadhan is up!

Knowledge (planes) check to ID these creatures!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan will make an acrobatic move 15’ back to avoid an AoO…

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31

…and fire at blue…

Magic Longbow: 1d10 + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 27
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 16


Galadhan quickly tumbles backwards, avoiding any incoming attacks. He's quick and agile so easily falls back. Pulling back his bow, the arrow flies true and lands deep in the blue creature's side.

But despite his distance away, something strange happens! The creature's bristle made of shadowstuff extend between the creature's armor plates and reach out towards the elf. One of these bristles attempts to pierce Galadhan's side!

@Galadhan, please make a DC 18 Reflex save to avoid the shadow bristle. Failure, you take 1d4 ⇒ 2 piercing damage and are exposed to poison. Which means you'll need a Fortitude save vs. Poison.

The blue creature slithers up and bites at Akku, obviously hungry for some flesh! Similarly, the red one bites at Leon. Both creatures bite hard and deep. The creature's bite is acidic, but instead of dissolving organic material with the acid, both Akku and Leon's flesh is converted to shadows that swiftly fades away, leaving raw, jagged wounds behind.

GM Screen:

blue bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14
acid: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 3, 6, 5, 4, 3) = 34

red bite: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
acid: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 5, 5, 4, 3, 5) = 29

Both attacks hit! Akku takes 14 bite damage, then 34 acid damage. Leon takes 7 bite damage, then 29 acid damage. Then both Akku and Leon need to make a Fortitude save vs Poison.

Anyone now attacking the creatures now know to watch out for any incoming shadowy bristles from these creatures

@Everyone, if you attack the creatures, please make a DC 18 Reflex save.

---------

[u]Round 1[/u]

Conditions: dim light

Galadhan (57/57 hp, REFLEX SAVE NEEDED! FORTITUDE SAVE POSSIBLY NEEDED?)

blue creature (-16 hp)
red creature

Leon (38/76 hp)
Akku (12/51 hp)
-Siiska (52/52 hp, -6 strength)
Kal Drak (69/69 hp)
Farrar (57/57 hp)
Aleksander (84/84 hp)
Aiyana (36/36 hp)

Everyone is up!

Knowledge (planes) check to ID these creatures!


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Before
Akku reached for a reserve of inner strength before heading into the darkness... buffing with heroism

=============================

Now
Akku barely has time to react when the creatures spring out of their hiding places!
Akku Fort vs. poison, H: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28
Knowledge The Planes, H: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22

Akku stumbles backwards, horrified to see parts of his arms disappear! he attempts to compensate with some spirit magic of his own, trying to keep his arms solid and keep the shadows from evaporating!

5-ft step and casting false life: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

HP 28/51


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska twirls her umbrella menacingly, saying "Don't you dare take another step towards my brother, WORMS!!"

Full-round action - using Dazzling Display to demoralize all foes within 30 feet who can see the display; Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

However, the threats of this little girl, no matter how fierce, appear to fall short before the advancing monstrosities...

Inside Siiska, a sea of emotions crash into her soul, tossing it about like a ship in a storm...

frustration... increasing... hatred... rising...

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Galadhan narrowly dodges the shadow bristle and then unloads on blue…

I’ll burn another use of Perfect Strike…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Flurry of Blows
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 19
Magic Longbow (Perfect Strike): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 27
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9

Magic Longbow (Flurry of Blows): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 33
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 10

Magic Longbow (Iterative): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 24
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 13

Perfect Strike: 4/6


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Knowledge, planes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Farrar quickly realizes these things are pretty powerful, and unsure of what they are, he begins to sing while keeping an eye on these creatures.

Inspire Courage. +2 2/23


My mistake, Akku and Leon do NOT need to make a Fortitude check vs Poison. The bite attack is not poisonous.

Akku steps back, giving some space between him and these creatures. Despite his young age, Akku does know about these shadowy centipede-like creatures.

These things are called tenebrous worms, natives of the Shadow Plane. Their bite deals more acid in dim light than other lighting conditions (8d6 acid damage in dim light, 6d6 acid damage in normal light, 4d6 in darkness or bright light). And seeing how the bristles sprouted out of the worm's armor plates and attacked Galadhan after the elf shot an arrow, Akku knows that anyone who attacks the creature (regardless of distance away) will be subject to a bristle attack, which can deal damage and some poison damage.

Siiska attempts to scare off the worms, but they barely notice the girl.

Farrar similarly knows that these creatures are tenebrous worms. Besides their acidic/shadowy bite and poisonous bristles, they are immune to acid attacks.

Galadhan pulls back the string on his bow. Channeling his inner zen, he lets three arrows fly. And each arrows hits true. **wham wham wham**. But the worm retaliates! Three shadowy bristles burst forth and strike at Galadhan.

@Galadhan, please make three DC 18 Reflex save. If you fail any, please make a Fortitude save vs Poison.

---------

[u]Round 1-2[/u]

Conditions:
-dim light
-Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack and weapon damage rolls; +2 morale bonus on saves against charm and fear.

Galadhan (57/57 hp, REFLEX SAVE x3)

blue creature (-48 hp)
red creature

Leon (38/76 hp)
Akku (12/51 hp, 16 temporary hp)
-Siiska (52/52 hp, -6 strength)
Kal Drak (69/69 hp)
Farrar (57/57 hp)
Aleksander (84/84 hp)
Aiyana (36/36 hp)

Leon, Kal Drak, Aleksander, and Aiyana are up!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Galadhan is again able to avoid the poisonous bristles, albeit barely…


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"Aargh... daylight!! or complete darkness! argh... tenebrous worms.. thrive in the shadows... ...drag them outside... in the sun..." utters Akku, weakly, struggling against the pain.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Shadowy blade in hand, Aleks races forward, circling the right-hand creature red and attacking it.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 = 23
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon gasped in shock at the viciousness of the creature's bite. He wasn't certain he could take another blow like that. But he couldn't back down now.

Lay on Hands self (greater mercy): 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 5) + (1) = 14 - 7/8 remaining

Attacking blue first
Attack (inspire courage, power attack): 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 - 3 = 28
Damage (inspire courage, power attack, vicious): 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 9 + (6, 6) = 35
Vicious Self Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Attack (inspire courage, power attack, iterative): 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 3 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 - 3 - 5 = 15
Damage (inspire courage, power attack, vicious): 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 9 + (6, 5) = 37
Vicious Self Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Edit: forgot my Reflex saves
Reflex (Attack #1): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Fortitude vs Posion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Reflex (Attack #2): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Fortitude vs Posion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Vicious only damages Leon on a hit, so I'm not sure where that puts his hp at. Guessing 45 after 2 damage from spines.

Dark Archive

Human BldRgr1/Sorc4/DD3, HP:69/69, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17, (assumes mage armor) F:+7, R:+4, W:+7 (+2 vs. fear;+1 vs death), Init:+6, Perc:+10 (low-light vision)

Buffs:
Mage Armor - dur 7 hours (also on Galadhan)
Inspire Courage +2 - from Farrar
Light - dur 70 minutes

Kal takes a step back and intones, göwher ýaly şöhle saç! and shining motes of light settle on both centipedes and Leon.

Both centipedes and Leon will need to make a will save vs DC=17 or be blinded. Taking the chance including Leon since he has a great will save.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Will vs Glitterdust (DC 17): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Made it! While I don't normally want to encourage a party blinding me, Leon does have Blind-Fight. Leon's about as good a target for that as we could ask for.


Leon quickly heals himself before dashing in and slashing at the blue creature. One solid strike! The worm starts 'bleeding' shadow but still stands. Perhaps it's too hungry to die. As Leon strikes, one long bristle pokes him in the side, nearly poisoning the brute. But fortunately, he's able to shake it off!

Leon's Bristle Attack: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Leon's Health: 38/76 + - 3 (bristle) + 14 (lay on hands) - 5 (vicious) = 43/76 hp

Kal Drak conjures up a cloud of golden particles and blasts the worms and Leon. Leon quickly shakes off the effects of the blast as does the injured worm. But fortunately, one of them fails and is effectively blind, most likely for the rest of it's life!

Blue Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Red Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Aleksander dashes into the room and both the worms attack as he moves by. Provokes an AOO from both worms!. But the fetchling is too heavily armored and easily dodges both attacks. Aleks then swings at the uninjured worm, digging deep into it's side! A bristle attempts to poke him, but Aleks simply brushes it aside.

Blue AOO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Red AOO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Aiyana risks the wrath of the worms and dashes in to heal her friend. "Leon! Watch out!"

CLW vs Leon: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Both creature's stomachs rumble as they try to take a bite out of the incoming lunch tomb raiders Pathfinders. The blue one manages to take a huge chunk out of Leon's side (35 damage!) as Leon's flesh turns to shadow. Better hurry and kill it before it finishes Leon off...

Blue vs Leon: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12 + acid damage: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 5, 2, 5, 1, 2) = 23

Red vs Aleks: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
blind: 1d100 ⇒ 58
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11 + acid damage: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 1, 5, 5, 2, 1) = 22

Remember, if you attempt to attack either worm, you must make a DC 18 Reflex save. If you fail, you suffer 1d4 damage then roll a Fortitude vs Poison.

---------

[u]Round 2-3[/u]

Conditions:
-dim light
-Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack and weapon damage rolls; +2 morale bonus on saves against charm and fear.

Galadhan (57/57 hp, mage armor)

blue creature (-83 hp)
red creature (-21 hp, blind)

Leon (19/76 hp)
Akku (12/51 hp, 16 temporary hp)
-Siiska (52/52 hp, -6 strength)
Kal Drak (69/69 hp, mage armor)
Farrar (57/57 hp)
Aleksander (84/84 hp)
Aiyana (36/36 hp)

Leon, Kal Drak, Aleksander, and Aiyana are up!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan fires at blue…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Inspire Courage
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS, Inspire Courage

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 39
Confirmation: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 39
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 3d8 + 3 + 6 + 6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (8, 3, 5) + 3 + 6 + 6 + 3 + 6 = 40

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

…and then narrowly dodges its response. Hoping that’s enough to drop the nasty worm, the Elf then positions himself to get LOS on red…

Perfect Strike: 4/6


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar will continue to inspire the party, his music driving them onward to hopeful victory. He emitting a silent octave directed at the red creature.

Ear piercing scream: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 5) = 14 Fortitude save DC 16 for 1/2 damage or be dazed


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon's vision swam as the shadowy acid boiled his flesh. Trusting in his goddess, he called on the Inheritor for aid once again.

Lay on Hands self (greater mercy): 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3, 2) + (2) = 16 - 6/8 remaining

As her holy light chased away the thick, strandy shadows he took a deep breath against the pain before raising his sword again.

Targeting blue first, then red if blue falls
Attack (inspire courage, power attack): 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 - 3 = 22
Damage (inspire courage, power attack, vicious): 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 9 + (1, 3) = 32
Vicious Self Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Reflex vs spines: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Attack (inspire courage, power attack, iterative): 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 2 - 3 = 15
Damage (inspire courage, power attack, vicious): 1d8 + 10 + 2 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 9 + (1, 6) = 30
Vicious Self Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Reflex vs spines: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Fortitude vs Poison #1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Fortitude vs Poison #2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Dark Archive

Human BldRgr1/Sorc4/DD3, HP:69/69, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17, (assumes mage armor) F:+7, R:+4, W:+7 (+2 vs. fear;+1 vs death), Init:+6, Perc:+10 (low-light vision)

Buffs:
Mage Armor - dur 7 hours (also on Galadhan)
Inspire Courage +2 - from Farrar
Light - dur 70 minutes

Kal thrusts an had forward and chants, Uçýan aagondarhanyň dyrnaklary! inky blue darts shoot from his hand into the shadowy worm.

magic missile force damage: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 4) + 4 = 13

Firing at blue if it is still alive. If not, he will move into the room first so he can fire at red.

Not sure if the bristle counter attacks are only for attacks that have to hit rolls or any targeted attack. So I will make the save, in case needed.
reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku reaches for a cold, dark crystal deep within his mind's eye and wincing against the pain, throws it towards Siiska.

Casting chill touch, transferring to phantom via Deliver Touch Spells 30 ft (Su)


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

"Take that, worm!!" says Siiska, advancing on the nearest monster with her now blue-glowing umbrella!

slam + ghost touch, greater magic fang, IC: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 22
magic dmg + ghost touch, greater magic fang, IC: 1d6 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 19
chill touch, negative energy dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3 +Fort Save DC 14 or take 1 pt. of STR dmg as well

Move and attack; delivering touch spell if attack is successful. Siiska has 'DR 5/magic and slashing' so I don't *think* she needs to bother with the bristles, but let me know if I need to roll these saves anyway.

Chill touches remaining: 7/8


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Now in position, Aleks makes two quick jabs at the worm.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 21
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 = 25

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 33
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 2 = 21
Crit?
Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 2 = 25
Damage, Magical Piercing: 1d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 = 25

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Sorry, had a busy last few days with Christmas and all!

For the bristle ability, it says that each time a creature attacks the worm, the bristles activate. So I'm assuming that means any attack (magic, ranged, or melee). And even if an attack misses, the bristles will still go off!

Leon quickly calls upon Iomedae to heal his wounds. (At 35/76 hp). Then he swings down his sword and cuts the tenebrous worm in half! Shadows leak out of the creature as it shrivels up. He swings again at the red worm, but his swing isn't as powerful and just hits the air instead. The bristles retaliate and find a soft spot in Leon's armor. He suffers some minor damage (1d4 ⇒ 1 piercing damage). But the brute manages to stave off the poisonous effects.

Akku focuses his attention on his sister, granting her some amazing abilities! Siiska manages to move deeper in the room (adjusted her movement to attack red instead). And she reaches out to touch the worm... But these worms are especially fortuitous and easily brushes off the worst of the attack.

GM Screen:

Fortitude: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Siiska still needs to do the save vs the bristles. If she fails, her DR means she takes no damage, but she's still susceptible to the poison. I'll go ahead and bot her Reflex save to move things along.

Siiska Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Siiska fails! She will need to roll a Fortitude save vs Poison.

Siiska nearly dodges the bristle retaliation, but is hit at the last second... can she stave off the poison that the worm is trying to inject into her?

Kal Drak chants in an archaic language while moving into the room (moved Kal Drak deeper into the room). Four missiles fly forth from his hands and blast the worm! He quickly and easily dodges out of the way of the incoming shadowy bristles.

Farrar emits a silent scream which burst the ears of the worm (do worms have ears?). Despite the fortuitous nature of these worms, it barely manages to shake off the effect. Successful save, but barely. So half damage and no daze).

GM Screen:

Fortitude: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Then Aleksander comes in and cleaves the worm in half with a mighty swing! (Nice crit!). It dies in a shadowy cloud!

All is now quiet in this room and the group can examine the strange runes in the center of the room. On closer inspection, the etchings look like they have been badly damaged by cracks and gouges and looks like it happened very recently.

DC 20 Knowledge (arcana or religion):
These runes served as a focus to contain the Cradle of Night's influence within the tomb and to prevent Haramil's spirit from rising as a vengeful undead monster. The damage done to the runes has rendered them useless.

DC 15 Knowledge (engineering) or Survival:
The tampering was very likely intentional and probably happened within the last few days.

Examining the room, there are three exits: one to the north, one to the east, and one to the west. Aiyana paces around the room, examining the runes, unsure what exactly they mean.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Farrar breathes out after the creatures drop to the ground, scanning the party to make sure everyone seems okay. He sheathes his sword and crosses to the cracked runes, inspecting them closely. I'm not entirely sure what these are supposed to do, but something magicky. And this damage was on purpose, and fairly recent as well. As if someone wanted to do this to the runes. Kal, do you want to take a look at them and see what they mean?

A wand appears suddenly in Farrar's free hand, and he offers to use it on those injured by the shadowy worms attack. Tapping Leon several times attempting to heal the man.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

3/50 charges


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

"That was horrible," Leon groans as he realizes that the worms had fallen. "Thank you for the aid provided." He's still shining from the magical glitter spread all over him but doesn't seem to be talking about that.

Farrar's wand-work greatly restores Leon, but still leaves him badly hurt, so he continues with his own wand. "Again, many thanks."

Post-Battle Recovery (Leon):

Wand of CLW charges 49/50: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of CLW charges 48/50: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wand of CLW charges 47/50: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Wand of CLW charges 46/50: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Full hp for Leon now. 46/50 charges left for Leon's wand. Is anyone else hurt much? We could probably use at least one Lesser Restoration on Siiska now I think.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

"These wards are damaged. They look like they were meant to contain Haramil, not just the Cradle. It's possible he has been set loose as well."

Dark Archive

Human BldRgr1/Sorc4/DD3, HP:69/69, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17, (assumes mage armor) F:+7, R:+4, W:+7 (+2 vs. fear;+1 vs death), Init:+6, Perc:+10 (low-light vision)
Leon Volens wrote:
... It's possible he has been set loose as well."

Well that doesn't sound good. This is recent. Perhaps they have not completed bringing him forth. We need to stop them.

Kal looks for any signs of a path more traveled.
knowledge engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Player Health:

Aiyana (36/36 hp)
Akku (12/51 hp, 16 temporary hp)
-Siiska (52/52 hp, -6 strength)
Aleksander (84/84 hp)
Farrar (57/57 hp)
Galadhan (57/57 hp, mage armor)
Kal Drak (69/69 hp, mage armor)
Leon (76/76 hp)

The group discusses the meaning of the runes on the floor. Whatever they were here for, they likely are no longer working properly!

Kal Drak surveys the room. To the north is a door. To the west is a small set of staircases descending. To the east is a corridor filled with rocky debris and soil.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

"I concur, Farrar, Intentional damage, and recent. Whatever containing they were doing," he says, with a nod to Leon, "they aren't doing it anymore."


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Akku, do you need healing? Those injuries look pretty significant if untreated. Farrar asks the young man.

Indicating the staircase, I assume we don’t know where the heck we’re going, so stairs down?


So one vote for the stairs down.

Aiyana looks around nervously before approaching Akku. "Are you.. okay? That really looks like it hurts. Here, I can help. Stay still"

Casts Cure Light Wounds on Akku.

CLW on Akku: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Player Health:

Aiyana (36/36 hp)
Akku (23/51 hp, 16 temporary hp)
-Siiska (52/52 hp, -6 strength)
Aleksander (84/84 hp)
Farrar (57/57 hp)
Galadhan (57/57 hp, mage armor)
Kal Drak (69/69 hp, mage armor)
Leon (76/76 hp)

"Where should we go? Those worms .... shouldn't be in here. We need to be cautious where ever we go."

Dark Archive

Human BldRgr1/Sorc4/DD3, HP:69/69, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17, (assumes mage armor) F:+7, R:+4, W:+7 (+2 vs. fear;+1 vs death), Init:+6, Perc:+10 (low-light vision)
GM Mauve wrote:
... To the east is a corridor filled with rocky debris and soil.

Does this look recent like it has been there a long while?


Kal Drak looks east at the rocky debris. It's hard to tell exactly without getting closer, but its possible that a large boulder or two that have recently fallen from the wall or ceiling.

Dark Archive

Human BldRgr1/Sorc4/DD3, HP:69/69, AC:19, Touch:12, Flat Footed:17, (assumes mage armor) F:+7, R:+4, W:+7 (+2 vs. fear;+1 vs death), Init:+6, Perc:+10 (low-light vision)

Ehm moves over to look at the rubble in the east opening.[/b]
Not sure which is more applicable.
knowledge engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Hmm... Does this look to you folks as relatively recent? If so, then maybe that is where we should go.


Male Fetchling Fighter (Gloomblade) 8

Aleks goes over to check out the rubble.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Knowledge(Engineering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

With bow still in hand, Galadhan will quietly check the northern door…

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Did we manage to vote for all of the directions at once? At least we aren't far from each other yet.

"Let's check this door first. If it hasn't been disturbed recently, we can look elsewhere."

51 to 100 of 1,079 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.