GM Doug's Troubles in Otari (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Macros | Loot | Maps


851 to 900 of 1,216 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Biltri steps over the corpse of their enemy and kneels down next to Nandipha. He places a hand upon her and, with a clang and a plume of forge sparks, heals a portion of her injuries.

Nandipha +12 hp


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

"Called themselves the Leadbuster Lads. They said Kortos was payin' them ta make trouble."

Baux goes over to the fallen priest and nudges them with his foot. "I'm guessin' this was there leader."

"They bin causin' all sorts of trouble on road, bringin' in those hell hounds and attackin' travelers. Only taday found out where they was stayin'. We gunna need ta visit there, see if'n there any more and lookin' fer evidence."

"If'n we find some evidence, might want ta contact a priest of Abadar about this unfair business activity. See if'n they can bring pressure on the Kortos Consortium. Be sure ta mention about how Kortos gave up on here before, and how yer lumber helps build towns."

He then goes over and checks on Nandipha.

Medicine: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
healing: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 8) = 9


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

"This is underhanded, even for those Kortos types. I hope you find proof… without it, this ain't enough to bring 'em down." He looks worriedly at his men, some of whom are injured. "If you wouldn't mind, could you spend some time healing my men? We can scrounge up a few trinkets by way of thanks… you can rest here for the night too. I can make a mean stew, even with the cook gone."

He goes into his office and returns with 4 GP and a bracelet of dashing.

You can all be healed up overnight with LoH cycling and medicine.

The lead dwarf carries a +1 dagger, half plate, a silver religious symbol of Asmodeus, and a scroll of magic weapon. His brother is less well-equipped, carrying only some mundane gear: a hand crossbow, leather armor, and a rapier. All these items are on the sheet.

More interestingly, the Asmodean carries a map. It shows plans of attacks on a local flume with a hobgoblin and hellhounds, hellhound attacks on local farms, and a detailed map of the lumber camp and the workers' movements. It also shows a place labeled "Maunder Castle" by an old bridge — clearly, it's the place you skipped on the way here.

Unfortunately, none of these items connect the Leadbusters with the Consortium.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Spoiler:
Baux's Religion (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Biltri's Religion (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Dethor's Religion (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Lucius Caligari's Religion (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Your group inspects the dead once the living are taken care of.

Baux and Biltri glean some interesting things. The corpses of the Hounds and rats remain as before. They must have been bound to this plane in some sort of ritual. Further, Hagrit's dagger seems perfectly normal now (at least, as far as magical weapons go); whatever empowered it with Hellfire is gone — perhaps that was a component of the ritual too. Finally, having experienced Hagrit's magic first-hand, Biltri concludes the ritual may have also made him a more powerful caster. The two dwarves conclude that Hagrit was a powerful ritualist who made some kind of pact with Hell.

Dethor, of course, knows this is totally wrong. The Dark Prince prefers cats, because they are the evilest of all creatures… so hellhounds make no sense. Any good Asmodean binds Helltabbies, with their stripes of magma. Second, all cats hate rats; it logically follows that bargaining with hell-rats would be illegal in the to Asmodean church.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Don’t be daft! Everyone knows cats are too chaotic fer hell. They come from the bowls of the Abyss!

——

Baux helps with the healing and suggests there be a watch posted over night.

After his morning preparations, he is ready to go see what is in their hideout.

Grand Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

”Bah! ain’t none of ya herd of dem hellcats? They twice as bad as any hell dog...”

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"While I'm no fan of cats, and I wouldn't claim to be an expert on Hell, I'm fairly certain Helltabbies don't exist."


3 people marked this as a favorite.
"Carrots" | Small male dromaesaur companion 4 HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +10 W +8 | Perc +10 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: ---

"Snirp?"

Is anyone talking of Helldinos? Why are there no Helldinos? We'd be awesome!


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

"Thank you both," Nandipha says to Baux and Biltri. "That be first rate healing!"


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

The stew is good. Baux's ministrations help the wounded laborers, several of whom might not have pulled through without access to a talented healer. There is much debate about hell-pets throughout the night.

You set out early the next morning, fully healed and fully prepared.

❧ ❧ ❧

Not far from the trail you found the day before, a ruined castle squats in a low dell. A few crumbling stones indicate that a road and entry once stood here, but they’ve long ago fallen away, swallowed by weeds. A lowered portcullis bars passage farther into the castle. There's an old lean-to nearby that might serve as a stable, though there's nothing inside right now.

You can see a courtyard beyond the portcullis; it contains what might be a ruined well, and a door.

Lucius notices something odd about the reeds along the river.

Map updated; it is NOT to scale in terms of distance to the bridge where you fought the Maulers.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Hopefully we are not in plain sight as the map depicts.

Looking to group, Baux quietly asks "Someone want ta' scout it out? I tend ta' be rather noisy, but some of ya' might be able ta do it without raisin' an alarm."

Looking to Lucius, he asks "Do hell hounds or them rats got good noses? If so, might not do any good tryin' ta be quiet."


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Spoiler:
Baux's Religion (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Biltri's Religion (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Dethor's Religion (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Lucius Caligari's Religion (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Dethor's Nature (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Lucius Caligari's Nature (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Nandipha's Nature (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

1d8 ⇒ 2

Lucius can tell you Hounds have scent for 60 feet. A breeze is gently blowing to the top right of the map.

Nandipha tells you the rats don't have scent.

Yes, I just dropped you on the map. Please feel free to reposition.


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Not exactly quiet," Biltri murmurs. "But will probably need to lift the gate. Less Dethor can climb the wall?"

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Assuming Lucius says something
Dethor Sneaks down to to check out the noises that Lucius heard.

Later, assuming things go well
"I kin take care o' th' gate. Th' wall shoud nae be too much trubble."

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius will accompany Dethor and take a better look at the reeds. +10 Perception


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Dethor sneaks over to the reeds. He finds what seems to be a medium-sized body, wrapped tightly in a shroud, resting the cool shade under the thick cattails.

If you open the shroud:
This is the body of a man. There are some pungent herbs packed in along with the body.

DC 16 Medicine

Spoiler:
The front of this man's skull was crushed by a large, 2-handed weapon. He also exhibits slash marks along his lower back, as if being attacked from behind by a clawed creature.

DC 18 religion

Spoiler:
The herbs are used to preserve bodies.

DC 14 Cooking Lore

Spoiler:
The man's hands exhibit the calluses and marks denoting a professional chef.

Grand Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor looks at Lucius, shrugging.
He then looks in the shroud, just in case.

Medicine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

YUP, that’s typical.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius grimaces upon discovering the dead body, but then gives it a closer inspection.

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Untrained Cooking Lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"I'm not sure how this man died, but his body has been preserved for some reason."

He waves the others over to come take a look.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux moves over to look at the body.

Medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Untrained Cooking Lore: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

"Looks ta me like Kotgar killed 'em. His skull was bashed in, maul coulda done that. See these marks on the back, could be claws from that cat he had."

"Don't recall, did we git a description of that runner they sent from camp? The cook, Farrol?"


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Nandipha raises an eyebrow.

Lore (Cooking): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Maybe that be him? But why did they preserve the body?"


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Sure it's to preserve it and not just hide the stench?" he asks.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

The corpse's body roughly matches the description. Without going into gruesome detail, it's rather hard to confirm on sight alone.

There is nothing to do here, but mark the body to buried when it is safe.

How will you approach the keep?


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Yell if someone starts shooting you with arrows," Biltri helpfully advises Dethor.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

”dont worry none ‘ out dat. You’ll know. ”

Dethor sneaks up to carefully check out the gate, trying to stay hidden. If it appears that there is no way to open from ourside, he looks to see if he could climb over it. If he can, he does.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux gets out a small token and holds it in his off-hand. He has his warhammer in his primary hand.

Feather token ladder held in hand.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

GM screen:
5d20 ⇒ (19, 10, 20, 2, 19) = 70

Dethor:
This gloomy, weedy courtyard is surrounded by crumbling walls. Beyond looms a stone keep 20 feet high. Wooden shutters block the keep’s small windows, above which an old statue of a woman looks down; across from the portcullis is a wooden door set deeply into the wall. The middle of the courtyard contains a fountain stained with mold. The fountain must have once had a statue in it, hinted at by the remains of two stone legs broken off at the shins at the fountain’s center. A rusted iron box is jammed between these shins.

Dethor can tell that the portcullis is operated by means of a pull chain on the other side, 10 feet away from the portcullis. You could pull it open with a thievery check if you had a long enough branch or longspear. There may also be magical spells that manipulate objects from a distance.

I have updated your positions on the map.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor sneaks back. "If I only had a longspear, or maybe a 10' pole. Then I could get tha' gate open. I canno get t'rough, but I kin prob'bly manipulate t'ings to get it open enough.

"Or, if someone had summat o' a spell t' do it, mebbe?"

He starts pondering what he could do with his two grappling arrows.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

You can also read Dethor's spoiler above; I assume he would tell you!

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"I have rope and a grappling hook, if that would help."


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Showing what he has in his hand, Baux offers “Wit’ a ladder, you could jes sneak over the wall and open it from the inside.

Offering him a ladder feather token


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Looks like we have 3 options:

1. Over the wall (ladder up, rope down?) and open from the inside
2. Theivery to pull the chain with a longspear or long branch from outside portcullis
3. Item or spell that would pull the chain from a 10' distance from outside portcullis

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"Don' need nae ladder. I kin git up there just fine by meself."

With that, Dethor goes back up to the wall, and using his climbing kit, he climbs up.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

He looks around after that, to see if anyone saw him fall, wipes himself off, and tries again.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

and again...

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Once on top, he jumps down using cat fall.

Then, he attempts to wind up the portcullis from the inside.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

GM screen:
3d20 ⇒ (2, 14, 15) = 31

DC 15 Athletics check to Climb, but you can make it.

Dethor:
You stand atop the wall and look down, ready to drop. You notice that the filthy water in the fountain is actually an ooze of some sort, hiding in there. You think it's a sewer ooze! They spew filth that does acid damage and sticks to you.

Do you drop down? If so, please place your token where you do so.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux keeps his ladder ready in case of trouble. The ladder was also for us, if we needed to quickly come help you!

Grand Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor looks down, and sees something down there. He wonders if he could reach the crank from the wall or the gate, without getting down so far as to get into it.

Then he has a great idea! He uses his rope and grappling hook to slowly turn the wheel!

Thievery : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

GM screen:
2d20 ⇒ (4, 11) = 15

I like it! A DC 15 makes sense too.

Dethor hooks the wheel and pull. The portcullis slowly slides open. Nothing seems to happen. The keep is quiet.

Dethor is now on top of the keep wall and you are in the bushes. Are you running in? Stealthing? Is Dethor staying on top?

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor looks for something to tie the rope off on, and does so, using a crampon if needed. He then drops back down outside, and moves back to the party.

"Der one of dem sewer oozies in the courtyard. I'da jumped down, but we know dat dey is pretty tough, and Ol' Stabby ain't so good 'gainst dem."


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Spoiler:
Baux's Stealth (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Biltri's Stealth (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Dethor's Stealth (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Lucius's Stealth (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Nandipha's Stealth (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

You move into the courtyard as quietly as possible.

This gloomy, weedy courtyard is surrounded by crumbling walls. Beyond looms a stone keep 20 feet high. Wooden shutters block the keep’s small windows; across from the portcullis is a wooden door set deeply into the wall. The middle of the courtyard contains a fountain stained with mold. The fountain must have once had a statue in it, hinted at by the remains of two stone legs broken off at the shins at the fountain’s center.

A rusted iron box is jammed between these shins. You know it's guarded by a sewer ooze! Surely it is a sewer ooze and not something more horrible; you all know exactly how reliable Dethor is when it comes to knowing things.

Lucius, That's odd:

Dethor mentioned a statue of a woman on the roof. But there isn't one now. How odd.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor looks around for anything he could use to pull off some craziness to get that iron box out without disturbing the ooze.

"Der it is." he whispers pointing to the puddle. "Now dat we all here, we kin keel it quickly. Maybe wit' fire?"

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius shields his eyes and squints as he scans the area.

"Did you say there was a statue of a woman on the roof? I don't see one there now. Let's be on guard."


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux looks to Dethor for confirmation of a missing statue.

Then he gestures towards the iron box and says "Is thar any reason ta think those raiders woulda left anythin' other than a trap sitting in that fountain? I say wait til we've cleared out the rest of this before foolin' round with the ooze."


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Nandipha also looks up at the roof before agreeing with Baux. "That ooze can bide a while we explore. I be worried less for it than those bandits, and fights be noisy. No need for us to waste resources on the ooze we could be using to slay lardbutter boys."


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Agree," Biltri says in his gravely voice. "Not like it's going to come hunt us inside."


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Spoiler:
6d20 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 4, 19, 13) = 53

You move carefully across the courtyard, keeping away from the fountain. The creature inside may attack if you get within 5 feet or so, but it seems docile otherwise.

There is nothing else of interest here in the courtyard. None of you know what kind of creature the statue Dethor saw might be.

So: As far as I understand it you are moving across the courtyard, checking the door for traps, and opening it with the intention of getting inside. You intend to ignore the ooze and the missing statue, and open the door. Please confirm that is what you want to do.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Sounds right to me.

”The statue could have been someone keeping a lookout. I suspect we’ll meet them sooner or later.”


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

"Do we want to check the roof for the lookout? I be not a bad climber either."

To be clear, I was just talking about bypassing the fountain.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux goes over to the corner and looks around for the missing statue.

If he doesn't see it, he uses his ladder which should allow everyone to easily get to the top of the keep.

20' keep, 20' ladder. Let me know if I got that wrong.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Spoiler:
2d20 ⇒ (3, 13) = 16

As Baux nears to top of the roof he could swear he sees something, but once he gets up all he can see is a statue of a woman with bulging eyes. Odd… who would ut a statue in the middle of a roof where no one can see it?

Slide updated.


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Nandipha follows Baux up the ladder. "This be the statue Dethor saw?"

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor just shakes his head at them using the ladder like that, and waits for them to climb back down.

851 to 900 of 1,216 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Troubles in Otari All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.