GM Doug's Troubles in Otari (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Macros | Loot | Maps


751 to 800 of 1,216 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Nandipha comes to defend Biltri against the leopard. "Biltri not be your food!" As much as she hates to strike an animal, it did attack her friend first.

"Carrots, attack!" She flanks the leopards with Carrots.

Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


"Carrots" | Small male dromaesaur companion 4 HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +10 W +8 | Perc +10 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: ---

"Snirp!" The little dinosaur tries to bite the leopard, but the leopard's fur gets in the way!

Carrots’ Jaws (finesse): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

Baux's ray goes wide. Nandipha gives the cat a swat with her tail, thanks to her friend's flank. Carrots eats fur! Biltri manages to do some damage back to the leopard, but it's still up, and still stubbornly holding on!

❧ ❧ ❧

Attacks:
Maul, Flank: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 Hits AC 19
B: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Maul: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 5 = 20
B: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

GM Screen:
Maul, AOO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
B: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Kotgar grins. Here… we… go! He punctuates the last two words by hitting Nandipha twice. That maul looks really dangerous.

❧ ❧ ❧

Dethor’s Turn to Join the Flanking Conga Line

Kotgar

Dethor

Leopard, -15 HP, Grabibng Biltri

Nandipha, -22 HP
Lucius
Biltri, -18 HP, Grabbed
Baux

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

”You rotten bastage. Can’t even find th’ right target.” says Dethor as he moves around to flank. He the proceeds to insert ol’ stabby with a flank.

ol' stabby flanking: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 P (or S) magic, striking + precision: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 + (1) = 15

ol' stabby flanking: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 = 9 P (or S) magic, striking + precision: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 + (4) = 14


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

That will not crit flat-footed. His FF AC is greater than 17.

As Dethor steps through the dwarf's threatened range, he hets a maul to the gut. He then proceeds to do his thing, and do it well as usual. Kotgar has an AOO

Yer next!

Attacks:

Maul, Strike 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Maul, Strike 2 same Map as 1st: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Slashing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bite, Strike 3: 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (6) - 10 = -4
Move

The leopard mauls Biltri again, snaps at him, and then moves to assist her friend against the biggest threat on the field thus far. She can't quite make a flank because of the terrain.

❧ ❧ ❧

A Maulicious Duo

Kotgar, -15 HP, AOO used

Dethor, -17 HP

Leopard, -15 HP

Nandipha, -22 HP
Lucius
Biltri, -24 HP
Baux


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"That's right! Run away!" Biltri yells after the leopard. "Free me up to help deal with your master."

He steps behind Baux and throws the meteor hammer past the cleric and at the brigand twice.

Step, Strike, Strike

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 vs. flat-footed
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 5 = 19 vs. flat-footed
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

"Oh, you came up to me, convenient!" Nandipha whacks the other dwarf!
Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Crit Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Magic +1 Dagger (Agile, Versatile S): 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 - 4 = 13
Piercing / Slashing damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

"Carrots, ATTACK!"

Nandipha points to a spot where Carrots can flank with Dethor.


"Carrots" | Small male dromaesaur companion 4 HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +10 W +8 | Perc +10 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: ---

"Snirp!" Carrots takes another nip on the leopard.

Carrots’ Jaws (finesse): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bleah!

Carrots coughs up fur.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

Biltri cannot connect because Baux is in the way. Soft cover though a creature = +1 circ. to enemy’s AC; if Baux moves later or you have some way to ignore that we can add in potential damage later.

Nandipha smacks the evil dwarf in the solar plexus with her tail! As a standard policy (and following what we’ve done thus far) we double the roll instead of rolling twice. So I think that's 10 B for doubling the initial 5, not 13 from adding 5 + 8. Let me know if I missed anything.

Carrots eats more fur. Yum!?

❧ ❧ ❧

A Maulicious Duo

Kotgar, -25 HP, AOO used

Dethor, -17 HP

Leopard, -15 HP

Nandipha, -22 HP
Lucius
Biltri, -24 HP
Baux

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Cane sword in hand, Lucius tries to think of a plan of attack for the leopard.

Devise a Stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 6

But decides to move in and strike the dwarf instead.

Cane sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux takes a guarded step away from Kotgar then heals Nandipha.

2 action heal: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (1, 9) + 16 = 26

"So, where you git a name like Leadbuster Lads?"


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

Attacks:

Maul, Strike 1 vs Nandipha: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Maul, Strike 2 vs FF Dethor: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 5 = 21
B v Nandipha: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
B v Dethor: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

GM Screen:

Maul, AOO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
B: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Baux heals Nandipha’s wounds. Biltri connects once with the hammer. It would have made sense to delay till Baux moved, so that second attack hit because of flank with no cover.

Lucius stabs only the air with his sword.

❧ ❧ ❧

Kotgar swings at Nandipha, furious she crit him, doing dome damage to the newly-healed ganzi.

He then steps to flank with the cat and swings the maul at Dethor. He is higher level than Dethor so benefits from a flank, as far as I understand Deny Advantage

He almost knocks Dethor out, but the dwarf is still standing… with an angry cat about to attack him in a moment and a warrior with an opportunity attack at the ready. That d12+8 is really swingy.

”Where’d we get the name? You won’t live long enough to find out.”

❧ ❧ ❧

A Maulicious Duo

Kotgar, -34 HP, AOO available

Dethor, -34 HP

Leopard, -15 HP

Nandipha, -5 HP
Lucius
Biltri, -24 HP
Baux

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Seeing that he is now in a bad place, Dethor decides to stab the leopard.

ol' stabby with flank: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 P (or S) magic, striking + precision: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 + (2) = 15

He then Raises his Shield, and Steps to allow Lucius as flank.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

Dethor knocks out the leopard with the butt of ol' stabbity! That's one way to mitigate risk.

❧ ❧ ❧

A Maulicious Leadbuster

Kotgar, -34 HP, AOO available

Dethor, -34 HP
Nandipha, -5 HP
Lucius
Biltri, -24 HP
Baux


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Pardon me," Biltri says as he moves past Lucius. "Got some beating to do." He whips the steel hand into the air and swings it at the enemy dwarf, whirling it back around for a second time but gets tangled on the bridge post.

Stride, Strike, Strike

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 5 = 7 Backswing: +1 more if 1st missed
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

"Keep at 'im!" Baux encourages everyone.

Having said that, he then channels some healing power towards Dethor. He then raises his shield.
2 Action Heal: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (7, 7) + 16 = 30

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

”Thanks, Bauxite!” says Dethor as the healing energies flow over him.

”Ye’ ain’ta gonna win, Kotgar, but I know yer too daft t’ realize it. So keep fightin’, me blade’s still thirsty”


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

Biltri’s awful luck continues; Dethor gets healed almost to full and talks some smack!

❧ ❧ ❧

A Maulicious Leadbuster

Kotgar, -34 HP, AOO available

Dethor, -4 HP
Nandipha, -5 HP
Lucius

Biltri, -24 HP
Baux

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius tries again to come up with a way to strike Kotgar, but without much luck.

Devise a Stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 4

He decides to draw the Devil's Lantern and rain lightening down on the troublesome dwarf instead.

Lightening: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9
DC 19 Reflex


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

Saves:
1d20 ⇒ 1

Kotgar is caught totally unawares by the Lantern. The dwarf blinks in surprise after half his beard sizzled off in an arc of lighting! Crit fail!

❧ ❧ ❧

Granny would be Proud

Kotgar, -52 HP, AOO available

Dethor, -4 HP
Nandipha, -5 HP
Lucius
Biltri, -24 HP
Baux

Dark Archive

Botting Nandipha

Nandipha orders Carrots in, who then misses. She then strikes with her tail once. She is careful to avoid the AOO, so she doesn't get a flank.

Carrots Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Ganzi Tail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

Attacks:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
1d12 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 5 = 20

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
1d12 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

I see where yer bread's buttered!

He strides to Baux and clobbers the healer upside the head. Luckily it's scarier than it looked. His shield saves him from another blow.

Crit but minimum damage… the d12 giveth, and the d12 taketh away.

❧ ❧ ❧

Granny would be Proud

Kotgar, -58 HP, AOO available

Dethor, -4 HP
Nandipha, -5 HP
Lucius
Biltri, -24 HP
Baux, -18 HP


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Ah may be crusty, but ah ain’t bread!

Baux raises his shield and attempts to give back in kind. Unfortunately his ears are still ringing from the blow, making his aim suffer.
Warhammer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Warhammer, MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 5 = 7
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor moves in and flanks with Baux, shaking his head at the amount of dirt the cleric is hitting.
Stride twice, due to the difficult terrain

He then stabs.
ol' stabby: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 P (or S) magic, striking + precision: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 + (5) = 16

He then shakes his head at himself.
"Make Granny proud again, Lucius!!"


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Biltri's eyes flash orange as he roars a curse at the bandit dwarf, "Dranngvit hunt you down and toss your sorry beard out in the cold where Droskar will find you and make you his slave!"

He circles the anchor of his meteor hammer over his head as he moves after the bandit. He growls as he launches the weight toward his foe and flames crackle down the chain.

Demoralize, Stride, Strike

Demoralize: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

FINALLY, the horrible Mauler dwarf falls. My brothers will… kill… you… all.

Out of combat!

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

”Sure they will, poser.” says Dethor as he gives the corpse a kick for good measure. He quickly pats down Kotgar, checking for items of value, laying out what he can find. ”I’d just throw the body in the river, but he’d probably foul it.”


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"The dead still deserve respect, even if they didn't in life," Biltri says with his usual frown, but he does sound a little mournful.


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

"He be disreputable, but probably deserve a burial. I have no desire to fight more undead because we did not give someone a proper resting place." Nandipha immediately looks at the leopard, which in her mind was only guilty of being a loyal friend to a somewhat unworthy dwarf.

Heal Animal: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 8) = 15

"Now friend, I be disappointed if you turn around and bite me for my good deed healing you... Perhaps it best to be off far from human lands?"


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux nods his head in agreement with Biltri.

"We ken load 'im on the wagon fer now. Git 'im a proper burial in town afta we deliver the goods."

He then checks what he can do to help Biltri heal, recognizing that it would take a while for the dwarf's own healing abilities to completely heal himself. He is moderately successful.
Medicine vs DC 15: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

He then sees to his own wounds, but isn't able to do quite as much for those injuries.
Medicine vs DC 15: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Do you want me to do a medicine check on the other two? Although the Lay on Hands would completely heal either of them, it would be less total time if I can roll reasonably well.
I am also fine with hand-waving it.

Vigilant Seal

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Before he stows the Devil's Lantern, Lucius gives the blade a good look.

"Interesting. You know, this sword isn't as long as it first seemed. I believe I can wield it more easily than I thought. Too bad it only sparks once a day."

So, true story. Somehow the Dougs confused the Sparkblade for a long sword, but upon actually reading the description it turned out to be a short sword, which means it's an agile and finesse weapon, so more useful for Lucius after all. How we made that mistake, I don't know...


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

Spoiler:

Dethor's Survival (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Nandipha's Survival (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

The leopard heeds Nandipha's advice, and yowls in thanks as it bounds off!

Kotgar's corpse wears half plate, 6 javelins, and a maul. Inside the coin pouch are seven gold coins.

As you heal up look behind the laurels and see a hidden path that winds through the laurels. Further in is a tent, where the dwarf had been camping there. Nandipha sees the dwarf and leopard have come and gone from further up the path.

You have a choice. You can proceed to the lumber camp or up the path through the old laurels.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Nandipha waves to the leapard as it springs off, and then examines the path she found. "There be a path through the Old Laurels... Think we find the rest of the Lardbutter -- er, Leadbuster -- Lads along this path? If so, we may be obligated to take them out first."

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"Ima gonna guess dat th' back trail will be interestin'. If der are more of dem bad dwarves, we need t' take care of 'em. Give us a bad name."

He cleans off Ol' Stabby, wondering why no one noticed that Devil's Lantern was actually a proper sized blade.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

So they were tryin’ ta make sure this delivery not happen, an now ya want ta go chasing’ afta them? It only a short trip ta get these supplies ta the destination. The trail kin wait an hour or so, especially seeing’ as that Kotgar fella was camping jes ta wait fer us.

8 miles, we have already done enough of the trip to get well out of town. How long would it take to finish it? I’m guessing less time than it took to heal.

Think I would rather finish our job first.


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"There a blanket inside or else we cut up the tent to wrap the body," Biltri suggests.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

You bury Kotgar.

Unable to agree, you scout a bit up the path and notice a small old castle not far ahead. It's crumbling to ruin but still serviceable, and even shows signs of recent habitation. A lowered portcullis bars passage farther into the castle.

The castle isn't far up the path, so the detour might not take long as far as distance. Hard to tell how long exploring an old keep like this would take. About 4 miles to the lumber camp still to go; you get the sense there's really nothing else out there, which is why the dwarf was able to surmise where you were going.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor grumbles at the idea of not going after the bad dwarves. "Dunno why we're botherin' wit' th' corpse. He don' deserve no good treatment. Bastard!" he yells, spitting at the corpse. "Best 'e deserve is to be varmint chow, and I doubt ennie wuld wan' 'im."

"No need to waste a perfectly gud tent, now, Biltri. "E ain't wort' it."


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux says a few words over the body as it is buried. It is basically a prayer that Kotgar’s soul make the trip to the boneyard and from there to his final destination. He does not speculate on where that destination is.

So about an hour ta the lumber camp. Probably end up spending at least half hour dealing with things. Means it would probably nearly three hour delay before we could git back here.

He scratches his chin through his beard. “When clearing them kobolds, think it probably took longer than that ta git it done.

Still rather finish the delivery, but am willing ta go along wit’ the rest of ya if the group wants ta raid the old keep.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

As Bauxite starts to say a few words, Dethor pulls out his clan knife, and it is very apparent that he intends to remove the beard from Kotgar.

He can be stopped, but just dawned on me that is something he'd try to do. Ultimate insult and all of that.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux just continues his service as Dethor prepares to shave Kotgar. He doesn’t object, but he doesn’t help either.


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Biltri rolls his eyes and mutters. "Burning a lot of your own coal over a dwarf who isn't worth anything."

After the burial, he remarks to Bauxite, "Only think worries me is three hours might be a long time for him to not check in with his brothers in the castle. Maybe. Could just be nerves."

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

The deed done, Dethor stands back up, and washes his hands in the dirt.

"Don' 'spect they be missin' 'im soon. Else why he be campin' ere?"


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Suspect we will only know what the right answer was afta it is too late. Betta to make a decision than ta worry the problem ta death.

Since ah don’t know what the right answer is, my thought is finish the task of delivery first so we cin focus whole attention on these lads that are makin’ trouble.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

After you enact both profane and sacred burial rites, you move across the bridge. The castle can wait. You just hope you aren't leaving an enemy at your back.

❧ ❧ ❧

The lumber camp is strangely quiet — no sound of saws or axes.

A pudgy, tired-looking human man dashes out when you enter the camp. He carries a long-handled felling axe over one shoulder, and his eyes dart around the camp. Five workers come out from the cabins to see who's visiting; you notice several wear bandages from cuts and scrapes.

The man, who's clearly in charge, looks relieved. Finally, help's arrived! He turns to the workers. We're saved! I knew ol' Farrol would come through for us! Five fightin' warriors, by gosh he did good! Now we stand a fightin' chance!


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Been harassed by a bunch of dwarves of another sort?" Biltri asks with a frown and grumbly voice.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros KiT: Maps & Handouts | Macros

He looks confused. Dwarves? Huh?


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

"May be best to start at the beginning," Nandipha says. "Who did this to you?"


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

What exactly bin happenin’? Looks bad, anyone still need ta be patched up?

If there are any that still need treatment, Baux will treat the wounded while they talk.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius is also confused.

"sorry, you're saved from what?"

751 to 800 of 1,216 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Troubles in Otari All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.