GM Doug's Troubles in Otari (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Macros | Loot | Maps


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,216 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Perception (E): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Most monsters can see in the dark. Wonder what the torches are for," Biltri mutters his comment as he approaches the nearest torch. "Think dousing them will give us an advantage or alert them?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

He frowns as he hears the sound of scuffling feet. "Yeah. Douse the torch and see what happens."


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

You douse the nearest lights.

Do you jump over the pressure plates and enter the intersection to douse the others?

You may remember the cult is recruiting, so many kinds of creatures may be coming and going here.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:
Baux, Scout: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Biltri, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Dethor, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Lucius Caligari, Investigate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Nandipha, Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
T: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
T: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

I am going to assume Biltri hops over the panels to douse the other torches.

Biltri sees a series of cells to his left — blocked off by a metal portcullis — there are several kobolds in there! They have crossbows. One of them starts running for a strange panel along the wall behind the gate.

It has a big red button on it.

Push the Button!

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

The gate is shut — you need to make a DC 19 thievery check (2-actions) to open or a DC 20 Athletics check to break open. It provides cover.

Lucius
Baux

Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper
Nandipha
Biltri
Kobold 3
Kobold 4
Dethor


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Might want ta talk b’fore ya press that button. Especially If’n yer with that group of kobolds we displaced. Bet there are betta options than workin’ as minions ta Lamashtu worshippers.

Not sure how many actions you would call that. If I have the actions, I would raise shield.

Lucius and others, if you want the fight, go for it. I am fine with fighting them as well. From the looks of my roll, we are probably going to fight this out anyways.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"You want me to get dat gate up? Ain't gonna be no big deal."


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

In dwarven Baux replies “I think it is likely we will need it, yes.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius, unsure what's going on, delays.

"I have talked kobolds into helping us before."

Lucius will follow someone else's lead.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

OK so that 12 is a fail for sure. I guess the dice can decide! Baux raises his shield.

attacks:
1d20+9-2

Baux shouts something at the kobolds from around the corner but fails to make a good argument.

Kobold 1 moves to the control panel and pushes the big button. He cackles and steps back. Some mechanism clicks in the ceiling, and you hear liquid running through pipes above…

Draconic:
Crispy!

Kobold 2 loads her crossbow and shoots at Biltri, but the bolt ricochets off a bar of the portcullis!

The kobold trapper pulls rusty spikes and shattered bits of glass from her bandolier and sets up a nasty-looking trap at the foot of the control panel.

Kobold 2 fires her crossbow at Biltri, but the bolt ricochets off the iron bars.

Push the Button? Push the Button.

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

The gate is shut — you need to make a DC 19 thievery check (2-actions) to open or a DC 20 Athletics check to break open. It provides cover.

Baux, shield raised
Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper
Lucius, Delayed
Nandipha
Biltri

Kobold 3
Kobold 4
Dethor


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Biltri's answer to Dethor's question is to roar as he leaps across the entire intersection, pops the portcullis off of its track and hefts it toward the ceiling. He then repositions his hold on the chain of his meteor hammer and glares at the kobolds.

Leap (powerful leap), Force Open, Interact (change grip)
Reaction: Rage (reactive rage)

Athletics (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Athletics (E), Hero Point: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

The portcullis bends inwards with a crash, leaving the area mostly exposed!

Push the Button? Push the Button.

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Baux, shield raised
Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper
Lucius, Delayed
Nandipha

Biltri
Kobold 3
Kobold 4
Dethor

Dark Archive

Nandipha hops over the pressure plates, moves in and strikes the trapmaster with her tail

Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep) + Striking Rune: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 14


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

attacks:
Shortsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
P: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Xbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d8 ⇒ 4

One of the kobolds drops his crossbow and moves in and stabs Biltri in the neck! Crit[ for……… FOUR damage It makes him very angry!

The other moves back, loads, and shoots at Nandipha. Even through cover it pierces the Ganzi’s flesh for 4 damage.

Draconic:
Boss when does the big fireball happen?

Push the Button? Push the Button.

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Something Happens
--
Baux, shield raised
--
Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper, -14 HP
--
Nandipha, -4 HP
Biltri, -4 HP, raging
--
Kobold 3
Kobold 4
Dethor
Lucius, Delayed


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Biltri's dark eyes blaze and flames run down the length of his chain as the kobold stabs him in the neck. His gaze appears especially full of vengeful hatred for the poor kobold who stabbed him.

That was #4, I assume.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius uses his Occult Pendant to cast Guidance on Dethor, then hops over the trap and moves to the other side of the hall, where he attempts to hide around the corner.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"Guess I ainta gonna need t' open that gate thanks to Biltri. So I best get a stabbin'"

Dethor moves up and leaps over the pressure plate, pulling out Ol' Bonky so that he has weapons in both hands.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Something gurgles and hisses above; the nozzles spray gouts of flame in the intersection and the first 10 feet of each hallway!

Fire, DC 22 Basic reflex: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) = 9

Lucius, Biltri, and Dethor are caught in the trap.

This is a trap with a routine so it will be doing this every round until disabled or turned off.

The kobolds laugh as the flame whooshes down!

Push the Button? Push the Button.

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Trap
--
Baux, shield raised
--
Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper, -14 HP
--
Nandipha, -4 HP
Biltri, -4 HP, raging, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire
--
Kobold 3
Kobold 4
Dethor, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire
Lucius, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Dethor, If’n ya had a ladder would it help ya stop that blasted trap? Is thar room ta git past it?

If Dethor indicates he would use the ladder to deactivate the trap, Baux would get out his feather token, move into position between Dethor and Biltri, and then activate it for Dethor.

Talkng is still allowed upside your turn, right?
I don’t see a way past the trap without tumbling through an opponent’s square.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

yes they are trying to block you and use terrain to their advantage. The trap has 4 nozzles, each of which point down a corridor and each need to be deactivated separately; of course, there is also the switch where you can deactivate it — Dethor or Lucius could each just move once and turn it off before the trap goes again..


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Sounds like since we didn't do it before activation the ladder is not worth it.

Baux delays.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Attacks:
tumble: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
stab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
P: 1d6 ⇒ 3

xbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Kobold 1 tumbles through nandipha and stabs her with his short sword, doing 3 damage.

Kobold 2 shoots at Biltri then dears a sword and flanks with the trapmaster.

The trapmaster makes another trap…

Push the Button? Push the Button.

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Trap
--
Baux,
--
Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper, -14 HP
--
Nandipha, -7 HP
Biltri, -4 HP, raging, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire
Baux, delayed

--
Kobold 3
Kobold 4
Dethor, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire
Lucius, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

As the conflagration subsides around Biltri, the chains in his hand and the steel fist smolder with red hot heat. He whips the flaming meteor hammer over his head and sweeps it toward the kobold in front of him and snaps it back.

Assuming those don't hit...

He snarls in frustration and bull rushes the kobold, trying to shove him back down the hall.

Strike, Strike, Shove (assurance)

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage, Vengeful Hatred: 2d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8, 2) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 20

+1 Meteor Hammer, Backswing: 1d20 + 11 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 5 + 1 = 16
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage, Vengeful Hatred: 2d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 20

Athletics (Assurance): Shove & Follow: 18 = 18


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

save:
reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
p: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Biltri successfully shoves the kobold back onto the trap. The creature days something in draconic that needs no translation. 3 damage after save

His other attacks miss.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Yeah, no... reroll
reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Well that was nice. SIGH. Stupid RNG

Can Dethor see where to disarm it?


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Disarm description


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Biltri takes 9 fire but resists 2 of it. Dethor unfortunately takes 18. The smell of burning dwarf fills the hallway. He curses loudly.

Dethor sees a button along the wall 10 feet in front. He can get there and turn it off with 2 actions, or anyone else can.

Push the Button? Push the Button.

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Trap
--
Baux,
--
Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper, -14 HP
--
Nandipha, -7 HP
Biltri, -11 HP, raging
Baux, delayed
--
Kobold 3
Kobold 4
Dethor, -18 HP
Lucius, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire

Dark Archive

Dethor moves and turns off the trap. You could turn it on later if you wanted.

Nandipha flanks with Biltri.

Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep) + Striking Rune: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 = 13

Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep) + Striking Rune: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 - 5 = 10
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Attacks:
xbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
P: 1d6 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 1 = 25
P: 1d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 9 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 1 - 5 = 7

Kobold 3 shoots at Nandipha and misses.

Kobold 4 steps out of the flank and grazes Bltri with his sword. 1 damage.

What button!?

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper, -14 HP
--
Nandipha, -7 HP
Biltri, -12 HP, raging
--
Kobold 3
Kobold 4
--
Dethor, -18 HP
Lucius, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire
Baux, Delayed

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Ouch!

Lucius moves in to flank kobold 4 with Biltri and devises a plan to attack.

Devise a Stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Devil's Lantern: 10 + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Precise Strike: 1d6 ⇒ 4


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux just hustles his way into a corner where the kobolds can't flank him.

Stride x3
Provokes from every kobold except #3

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor moves around, avoiding the spike trap.

He then attacks with both Ol' Stabby and Ol' Bonky on red, with the flank he creates.

Double Slice, both are agile, actually, so neither has any MAP, and their damage is combined if both hit
ol' stabby: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 P (or S) magic, striking + precision: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 + (6) = 14

If red drops, this will be at #1
Ol' Bonky: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 B, striking + precision): 2d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 + (6) = 16


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

attacks:

K1, SS 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
P: 1d6 ⇒ 5
K2, SS 1 vs FF: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 5 = 14

K2, SS 1 vs Dethor FF (not really): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
1d6 ⇒ 3
K2, SS 2 vs Dethor FF (not really): 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 5 = 17
K2, SS 2 vs Dethor FF (not really): 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 10 = 16

Lucius hits the kobold!

The kobolds choose not to attack Baux.

Dethor cannot flank but hits once for 7 damage.

The kobolds attack Baux and Dethor, but only hit a couple of times. They seem frustrated at how strangely difficult it is to flank Dethor. However, Dethor is strangely frustrated at how hard HE is finding it to flank too… Discussed OOC, but there's no flank right now.

The trapmaster opts to place her last trap before Biltri's feet!

What button!?

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper, -21 HP
--
Nandipha, -7 HP
Biltri, -11 HP, raging

--
Kobold 3
Kobold 4, -7 HP
--
Dethor, -21 HP
Lucius, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire
Baux, -5 HP


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Biltri takes no time to savor the misfortune of the kobold he shoved into the trap. He swings the smoldering steel fist over his head and launches it at the kobold (#4) once more. He yanks the weight back from behind the kobold. "And I'm going to keep beating you like a stubborn rod until you're flat as a plow share!" he shouts in the common language.

Strike, Strike, Demoralize

Presumably not versus Flat-footed due to kobold's deny advantage, but I think it's a wash with cover and wouldn't make a difference even without cover.

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage: 2d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 + 4 = 17

+1 Meteor Hammer, Backswing: 1d20 + 11 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 5 + 1 = 22
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage, VH: 2d8 + 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 + 4 + 1 = 15

Intimidate (demoralize): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 -4 if they don't understand Taldane

Dark Archive

Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep) + Striking Rune: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6

Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep) + Striking Rune: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10

Nandipha strikes the trapmaster once — he looks bloodied — then moves to provide a flank for Dethor.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Biltri strikes the pesky kobold once, but it's enough to drop him! The kobolds understand what he's saying, and seem a little afraid… Put demoralize on trapmaster?

The trapmaster looks bloodied…

Acrobatice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Tumble Through vs DC 17 = Success

The third kobold screams and runs through Biltri's space and into the hallway. He reaches for his shortsword but realizes he's out of actions… his eyes move to the pressure plates and the empty hallway beyond…

What button!?

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Kobold 1
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper, -26 HP, Fright. 1
--
Nandipha, -7 HP
Biltri, -11 HP, raging
--
Kobold 3, xbow in hand
--
Dethor, -21 HP
Lucius, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire
Baux, -5 HP


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux swings his hammer at Kobold #1, hoping to cut down on the number of enemies. He raises his shield as well.

"Hope this ain't nother den of kobolds. On the gud side, unlikely these have dragon leadin' 'em."

+1 Striking Warhammer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 3) + 2 = 12
+1 Striking Warhammer, MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 5 = 23
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 2 = 13

Strike, Strike, Raise Shield


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Baux gives Kobold 1 a solid whack!

What button!?

You can automatically Leap over the panels marked on the map. Keep line of sight in mind as well, several of you cannot see the kobolds.

Kobold 1, -13 HP
Kobold 2
Kobold Trapper, -21 HP
--
Nandipha, -7 HP
Biltri, -11 HP, raging
--
Kobold 3, xbow in hand
--
Dethor, -21 HP
Lucius, DC 22 Basic Reflex vs 9 Fire

Baux, -5 HP

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Basic Reflex Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Lucius thinks he sees achance and moves to strike the trap master!

Devise a Stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 7

I like the damage, so I will use a hero point

Devise a Stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Devil's Lantern: 16 + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Precise Strike: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor grins as Nandi gives him a flank. Ol' Stabby and Ol' Bonky swing out as he tries to take the kobold #2 out. Double-slice

ol' stabby: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 P (or S) magic, striking + precision: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + (5) = 13
Ol' Bonky: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 B, striking + precision): 2d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + (6) = 13

He then swings at the trapmaster, just in case, but does not manage to land a blow.
ol' stabby: 1d20 + 11 - 8 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 8 = 5 P (or S) magic, striking : 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Lucius and Dethor take out the trapmaster and kobold 2.

Kobold 1 screams and starts to run away, but is too boxed in to get very far.

We can call the combat here if you want to just narrate the end of it or let them escape..


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Nandipha thrashes her tail at the kobold on its way out, saying, "Don't come back! If you cannot be peaceable, best be elsewhere!"

Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep) + Striking Rune: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Seeing that the kobolds are on the run, Baux makes sure they leave and then goes over to Dethor.

Looks like it is time ta git out the healin’ kit again.

Medicine: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 = 25 Crit success
Healing on Dethor: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 4, 7) = 23

I suspect Biltri will take care of the others who need healing.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

The kobolds flee; their screams echo in the hallway.

The doors opposite you the ones on the right side of the map boom twice, struck from the other side by something rather large. Perhaps a meaty fist? The bangs are followed by shouted words:

Byng Höt!!

None of you know the language, but it sounds like whoever's on the other side of the doors is an angry neighbor.

❧ ❧ ❧

Status:

Nandipha, -7 HP
Biltri, -11 HP
Dethor, -0 HP
Lucius, -4 HP
Baux, -5 HP

I'm fine if you want to cycle LoH or just narrate medicine checks before moving on. Dethor can also disable the snares.


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Biltri strikes his hand against his chest, causing a flare of sparks and a clang of metal as Angradd's power heals his wounds. "Will prepare to channel more power but might be interrupted," he grumbles as the door bangs.

+12 hp to Biltri
I'm happy to Refocus and Cast on Nandipha next while Baux is fixing Dethor. Can repeat for Baux while he fixes Lucious if we have the time.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

It seems you have the time so long as no one screams and annoys whoever is on the other side even more.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

I think they yelled for us to keep quiet.

Baux continues to provide medical help while Biltri is taking care of others.

Narrating the healing is fine with me.

Once everyone is healed up, he asks “So, which way now?

Looks like there isn’t anything more in the kobold area. I assume someone searched for treasure as the healing happened.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

You check the kobolds' area while you heal up. Inside, you find some forgotten treasure!

A skeleton key, a shining arrow, and a moderate thunderstone.

Indeed — where to next?

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor takes the time to disable the snares

disable rolls:

Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

"Thank's Baux. That feels much better."

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"We need to find this Mwibah."

I'm designating Mwibah, the cult leader, as the lead of my case, since I forgot to do it earlier lol


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

There are two ways to go: forward (top of map) and right (closed doors with the angry neighbors). You can also disable the large trap, though knowing where the activation button is and where the pressure plates also make it safe.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,216 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Troubles in Otari All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.