GM Doug's Troubles in Otari (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Macros | Loot | Maps


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,216 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Why don't we avoid our noisy neighbors for now."' Lucius moves to the other doors and listens. +11 perception

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"Lemme take care of th' other traps. I kin fix it so we don't hafta worry none if we gots to run through here fast."

Dethor scratches his beard as he thinks. "Well, I could balance on yer shoulders, Lucius, if'n ye' don' mind, and the I culd clog up dem nozzles. But maybe it'd be easier to disable that big red button, and mebbe fix that pressure plate so it ain't a trigger nae more."

"Me cousin, Thulgrun, would say a job haf done is a job undone. Never culd stand that sayin', but e's got a point."

Dethor works on doing all of that.

disable checks:

[ooc]Just rolling a bunch, just in case.
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

GM screen:
1d20 ⇒ 13

Dethor disables the traps. It looks like the combustible liquid is stored elsewhere, run through pipes, and fed to valves with igniters. An ingenious trap.

Lucius can hear a deep hooting and growling from the room on the other side of the door.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

An Owlbear?


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Is this something that you tell the rest of us? It could be a Wild Empathy solution if the dice are kind.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

GM screen:
Dethor's Nature (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Lucius Caligari's Nature (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Nandipha's Nature (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Lucius tells everyone what he hears. Nandipha thinks it's a good theory!

You open the doors after checking for traps.

Stray feathers litter the ground of this spacious chamber, along with several fist-sized pellets of dung pushed into one corner.

Two creatures shaped like hybrid bears and owls hoot and growl when you enter. Lucius and Nandipha recognize them as owlbears. They like to screech, which frightens their prey. They can also be trained — and since they are not attacking right away, may even be trained to recognize a passphrase to let cult members pass.

Wild empathy may also work.

Regarding the passphrase: I can roll a secret knowledge check but would like you too give me an in-character theory on what sort of knowledge check that might be and why.

They move closer, becoming more agitated. You have a few moments before they attack.

Maps updated.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius scratches his bearded chin, thinking.

"A passphrase. I doubt my knowledge of the law will help us here, but I do know some things about secret societies and the occult. Perhaps some knowledge of Lamashtu would be useful."

He looks to Baux.


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Don't look at me. Studied destroying cults not infiltrating them," Biltri grumbles as the owlbears slowly advance.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:
Lucius Caligari's Religion (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Lucius:
“The three-eyed gaze sees you” is a common aphorism in Lamashtu cults.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius snaps his fingers.

"Of course!"

He says to the owlbears, "The three-eyed gaze sees you."


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:
Biltri's Perception (E): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The Owlbears stop advancing. One of them waddles back to her nest and grooms her face with a feathered paw. The other settles back into his nest, eyes closing. Nap time!

Nandipha sees the owlbears bear scars that have been treated. They recently fought someone or something.

Lucius thinks there's something odd about the wall behind the owlbears.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Nandipha hoots and growls, and then says, "Owlbears, be calm now. We be friends! May we check your wounds?"


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

They will let you check their wounds!

DC 18 medicine:
they have actually been well cared for and are fine!


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:
Baux's Medicine (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Biltri's Medicine (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Dethor's Medicine (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Baux, Dethor, and Biltri can all — with the help of Nandipha — ascertain that the owlbears are well cared for and their wounds are healed.

Where to next? Is there anything else you want to do in this room?


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Well, at least they keep their critters well cared for.

Waiting on Lucius to react to the wall.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Intriguing..."

Lucius moves into the room and takes a better look at the wall behind the owlbears.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:
Baux's Perception (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Biltri's Perception (E): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Dethor's Perception (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Lucius Caligari's Perception (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Nandipha's Perception (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
5d20 ⇒ (19, 10, 4, 16, 12) = 61

Lucius, Baux, and Nandipha find a secret door. Marked on the map.

Dethor doesn't think it's trapped.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

The owlbears settle in. One of them hoots in the Owlbear language:

I wonder where these humanoids are going? Isn't that elf scary? Are they just going to hang out here for like, two days?

The other one hoots back:

He sure is scary. Who cares how long they stay? As long as they don't touch my nest or my snacks, they can hang out here all week for all I care!


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Be ready," Biltri says, carefully stepping between the two owlbears to try to open the hidden door.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux moves up behind Biltri and readies his shield.

Exploration: Defend for opening the door.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

GM screen:
5d20 ⇒ (16, 4, 4, 15, 9) = 48

You enter a small chamber. There is a secret door opposite. Maps updated.

You can hear a gravelly, muffled voice on the other side of the door:

We are everywhere. They simply do not know it yet. And more of them will be dead tomorrow… or soon… until there are none left. This I promise!

Dethor shakes his head — it doesn't seem trapped.

Let me know if you open the door! Do note that if you can hear them, they can certainly hear verbal components.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor indicates with his blades that Nandipha should open the door... he seems ready to rush out and do what is needed.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:
Dethor's Society (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Lucius Caligari's Society (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Nandipha opens the door.

A raised dais occupies the opposite end of this room, on which a rough-hewn altar of stone appears stained with blood and other liquids. A pair of wooden folding screens stand to either side of the altar, each marked with a painted symbol of a three-eyed jackal. The wall behind the altar has the same jackal crudely scrawled on it in red paint. At the edge of the dais, two lit braziers cast fitful light throughout the room. A few tattered mats of varying sizes are arranged on the floor in rows. Doors to either side provide exits.

There is a bugbear leaning on the altar and an ogre — recognized by Lucius and Dethor — holding a crook that’s shaped from crudely sharpened metal. You know that's an ogre hook — it can trip prey that the ogre wants to capture and save for later, or hurt them very badly (deadly dice) otherwise.

Neither look surprised to see you. The giant shrugs and inspects the rust on his hook. The bugbear grins. He has a third eye painted on his forehead and looks out over the temple with an air of smug superiority.

Ahh. We have visitors! You can tell from his voice he was the one talking.

Maps updated; art on slide 2

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius gives the bugbear a toothy smile.

"The three-eyed gaze sees you," Lucius says by way of a greeting. "Is this where we sign up? There was no one at the door taking names or anything. We are here to answer Mwibah's call."

Deception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Perhaps we can get in close and take them off guard?


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

The bugbear grins. But you're the ones who made all that racket coming in. Did you kill those kobolds for fun? It sounds like you let some got away. We cull the weak here, you know. What can you do to prove your worth to the Mother of Monsters?

The ogre rolls his eyes.


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"What? Seriously?" Biltri grumbles. "Who're we culling first?" The chains on his hammer clank as he lets the slack run through his hand.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

TY for reminding me about Giant lore. Should be rewarded here with more info!

About Ogres for Biltri:
Biltri knows that Ogres embody brutish, amoral violence and cruelty; they are often sadists who enjoy remorseless murder, torture, degradation, and mutilation in all of its forms. They prefer to vent their violent urges on smaller humanoids— the smaller and more beautiful, the better—ogres promise a horrifying fate for anyone unlucky enough to fall within their meaty grasp.

Honestly, I don't think there is anything mechanically interesting about this creature that you'd get in a knowledge check. Weak will saves.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

The ogre notices Olli's beautiful scales and grins. His mouth is full of rotten teeth. one of you finally caught his attention. Olli yelps flutters away to the Owlbears' nest, trying to hide. The ogre's dead eyes track the scalliwing closely.

The bugbear shrugs and points at Carrots. Well, can't one of you at least strangle that little dinosaur before we kill you? It'll buy you a few more minutes. I'd love to watch.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Before you can respond to this horrific and casual cruelty, a richly timbral voice comes from behind one of the folding screens.

Rhunk, how many times have I told you not to lean on the altar? And in front of guests, no less. Shame, shame. The bugbear leaps from the altar and stares at the floor. His voice trembles: Yes, master Mibwah.

A jackal pads into view, his head held high. Reddish stripes run across his dark brown fur, slaver drips from his mouth, and his pointed ears seem overlarge. A third eye, which opens lazily every so often as he talks, sits at the center of the jackal’s forehead.

“Welcome to the Scar. I see you for what you really are. Interlopers. You are not the first to harass the children of the Mother of Monsters, nor will you be the last. We came into this world hated, hunted, and feared. But we will rise up under Lamashtu’s banner and crush your pitiful civilizations.”

Art on slide 1.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"Apologies, master Mibwah. T'was not our intent to harass th' children. But, they had a point, aboot provin' oneself.

"Th' only t'ing 'bout life dat's constant is struggle. Th' law of th' jungle is 'survival of th' fittest'. Perhaps Rhunk there t'ought th' word was 'fattest'?"

Deception(E): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

”Rhunk the chunk,” adds Lucius with a laugh.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Rhunk eats well because he is strong. He is many things, but at least he is not spewing lies in my temple. The jackal looks pointedly at Dethor and Lucius.

Good plan but, a 26 did not beat the cult leader's Perception DC.

Children like him know but one truth. They speak it with their knives. The world hears it in their victims' beautiful screams.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux keeps his mouth shut, not wanting to interfere with the gambit Lucius and Dethor have going. I wonder how far they are going to try and push it. I doubt that my presence is helping their little deception.

He does eye the jackal trying to figure out if it is one of Lamashtu's unique creations or something else.
Kn: Religion +11


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Nature, actually. And the gambit has failed, though Mibwah is willing to talk a bit.

Spoiler:
Dethor's Nature (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Lucius Caligari's Nature (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Nandipha's Nature (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Nandipha:
Nandipha knows this is a Kurniugian jackal. They are a chaotic evil beast. They are weak to cold iron.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Gm screen:
dice]1d20+11[/dice]

Baux isn’t sure. Failure

But he would locic it out such a creature so blessed can cast spells.

This area is not consecrated to Lamashtu.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"Well, then, guess there ain't much fer us t' be doin' here, then. Dey been tested proper, like, and you know dat dey are strong, and not lazy. Not relying on them dwarves we took down, or dem kobolds dat were to scared t' fight proper.

"And of course, 'e ain't got 'imself so chunky dat he cannae fight nought but th' kiddos. 'Course dat ain't happened."

Dethor is looking right at 'Rhunk the Chunk' as he says this, his blade and mace ready to go.
Intimidation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

The hobgoblin draws his shortsword and the ogre steps forward. So do you.

“Looks like my friends are growing tired of this talk. Shall we commence? It is what all of us do so well, after all.”

Since Dethor is talking and essentially kicking this off, we'll roll perception for him instead of Avoid Notice. Remember, the ogre has reach.

initiative:
Baux, Scout: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Biltri, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Dethor, Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Lucius Caligari, Investigate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Nandipha, Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Bugbear: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Mibwah: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Ogre: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The jackal watches you carefully. Delay.

Against Mwibah

Nandipha
Lucius
Dethor

Bugbear
Baux
Biltri
Ogre

Mibwah, Delayed


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

Nandipha runs towards the ogre.

"Carrots, attack! And watch out for that Jackal. It be not natural!
Kurniugian jackals be chaotic evil and weak to cold iron."

Ganzi Tail (Brawling, Sweep) + Striking Rune: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
Bludgeoning damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14


"Carrots" | Small male dromaesaur companion 4 HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +10 W +8 | Perc +10 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: ---

Carrots’ Jaws (finesse): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Piercing: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 4) + 3 = 14


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Carrots takes a bit out of Ogre! Nandipha cannot connect even with a flank a 13 misses. The creature snarls back at Carrots!

Dethor, I noticed you aren't at full health on your stat block. You should be at full.

Against Mwibah

Nandipha
Lucius
Dethor

Bugbear
Baux
Biltri
Ogre, -14 HP

Mwibah, Delayed

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

cool. Thanks.

Dethor moves up to take advantage of the flank, though he can get but a single attack off
ol' stabby: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 P (or S) magic, striking + precision: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 + (1) = 14


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

OW! The ogre looks confused, unused to weaker targets.

Mwibah comes out of delay, delighted that the one who has demonstrated such disrespect has approached.

His third eye opens and gazes at Dethor, piercing his being and sapping his will. This is a sight-based hypnotic stare that imparts an untyped -2 to will saves, no save.

Aahtor Bhael. The jackal intones some words and grins at the rogue, who feels his limbs begin to freeze up…

Dethor, please make a DC 21 Will save at a -2 penalty vs Enchantment, mental, and Incapacitation (it's a level 3 spell so incapacitation has no bearing here, however).

Will save results:

Critical Success The target is unaffected.
Success The target is stunned 1.
Failure The target is paralyzed for 1 round.
Critical Failure The target is paralyzed for 4 rounds. At the end of each of its turns, it can attempt a new Will save to reduce the remaining duration by 1 round, or end it entirely on a critical success.

Against Mwibah

Nandipha
Dethor, DC 21 Wil at -2 penalty; -2 on will till Mwibah next turn
Mwibah (jackal)
Lucius
Bugbear
Baux
Biltri
Ogre, -28 HP

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Intriguing... Lucius considers this mysterious three-eyed jackal.

Expeditious Inspection: Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

To start, Lucius will use a free action to try to recall any knowledge about this jackal. His other actions may depend on what I learn.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Lucius already knows they are weak to cold iron; he holds a cold iron blade. Baux told you it can cast spells and it has demonstrated it can debuff you with its third eye.

Lucius's also knows that this wolf might also be able to inflict pain with its stare to increase the damage its stare target takes.

how he would know this from a nature check is unclear; perhaps his occult expertise is helping inform him too.

Vigilant Seal

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"I've never met a cult leader without opposable thumbs before."

Lucius uses what he knows to come up with a plan of attack.

Devise a Stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"We'll line your dead bodies in perfectly symmetrical order!" He also know this Jackal is weak against insults to Lamashtu.

He strides twice and tries to strike Mwibah with the cold iron blade!

"For Granny!"

Devil's Lantern: 14 + 8 = 22
Damage, Cold Iron: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Precise Strike: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor will save: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 2 = 10
Par for the RNG these days... almost cannot remember when I've rolled >11. Sigh.

Dethor stops moving.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Attacks:
Grapple vs DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Longsword vs FF, Strike 2: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 5 = 12

The cult leader and gm did not expect that!

Lucius's blade only whizzes by, cutting a few jackal-hairs. Perhaps he expected to hit from such a strong strategem…

Protect me, Rhunk. says the Mwibah.

The bugbear moves into a flank and grabs Lucius by the collarbone! He calmly states a fact and asks a question: The last people who tried this didn't last long. How long will you? He then tries to shank Lucius with his shortsword but it misses.

Against Mwibah

Nandipha
Dethor, Stunned 1
Mwibah (jackal)
Lucius, Grabbed escape DC 17
Bugbear
Baux
Biltri

Ogre, -28 HP

Grand Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

It was pointed out I had a hero point remaining
HP reroll: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 = 23
I am confused by that number...

Quickly, Dethor grunts, and shakes off the worst of the effect, and starts moving again, the grunt turning in to a stream of consciousness flow of swearing in Dwarven!


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux calls on the power of Desna and once again a magical starknife comes forth.

"Think might be best ta' reduce their numbers first." he says as the magical starknife flies towards the ogre.

Spirtual Weapon vs Ogre: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Force damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

He then moves into the room.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Biltri grits his teeth as his eyes gleam with ember-light and sparks plume from his nose. He charges out of the hidden hall, dragging the steel hammer behind him as the links light one by one. He swings the steel fist over Dethor's head and slams it into the ogre with ancestral hatred.

Rage, Sudden Charge

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 Natural 20
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage, VH: 2d8 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 + 4 + 2 = 14

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,216 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Troubles in Otari All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.