GM Doug's Troubles in Otari (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Macros | Loot | Maps


701 to 750 of 1,216 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:

Baux's Medicine (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Biltri's Medicine (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Dethor's Medicine (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Baux's Religion (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Biltri's Religion (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Dethor's Religion (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Lucius Caligari's Religion (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Dethor thinks the half-orc can recover from his traumatic experience. Baux is less sure; no mater what, it will take time to heal the trauma, but the physical drain should recover swiftly on its own. His shadow will return (as a normal shadow) when he recovers from Drain as well.

However, Baux, Biltri, and Lucius ascertain that the half-orc's hair is now permanently white.

Fillruk looks relieved, but he can't really stop trembling. "Th-thank you. I… don't know what they were gonna do wit' me… I don't know where my shadow went… it… slipped away through a crack in the wall…" As you watch, you can see the ghost of a shadow returning to the half-orc, though he doesn't notice it yet. Nor has he seen into a mirror.

"Mushrooms? You can take 'em! I want nothing to do with copper-caps no more!"

He looks pleadingly at those of you who seem knowledgeable (especially Dethor, who always seems to know lots of things). "Will my shadow come back? Will it try to… kill me, when it does?"

Are you opening the sarcophagus, or not? Biltri says Yes Baux says no.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Pointing to his own beard, Baux says "Yer hair will be different color, but yer shadow should come back. Ah would want someone ta check up on ya tomorrow, make sure everythin' else is healin' right."

Gesturing towards the exit, he says "We should git ya out of here. Gotta stay ta the side when goin' past pillars. Some sorta trap in the middle of 'em."

Baux is willing to escort Fillruk out now if he is in a hurry. He wants to make sure the fellow doesn't step into the trapped area while trying to make his way out. If he does this, he would return to the others once the farmer was safely on his way home.

Baux hadn't said if we should raid the sarcophagus or not.
Dethor said no, Biltri said yes.
Baux could be convinced either way, but would lean towards not raiding it.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius is very curious about the sarcophagus.

"We came all this way, and not to peek inside? Not even a little? I couldn't stand it."

He walks over and takes a better look at the sarcophagus, to make sure there's nothing odd.

"How heavy do you think this lid is?"


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Heavier than your skinny elf bones," Biltri says with a snort.


Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

"We better open it just to make sure no more undead can rise from there," Nandipha says with a sigh.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Carrots" | Small male dromaesaur companion 4 HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +10 W +8 | Perc +10 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: ---

"Snirp!"

Carrots eats one of the mushrooms the farmer tossed away.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:
Baux’s Religion (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Biltri’s Religion (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Lucius Caligari’s Arcana (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Nandipha’s Nature (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Baux’s Religion (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Biltri’s Religion (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Lucius Caligari’s Arcana (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Nandipha’s Nature (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Biltri shoves the lid off the sarcophagus. Inside are the liquefied remains of Star-Hand.

Sitting on a pillow is a lustrous rat-shaped statuette made of pyrite. it's about one inch tall.

There is also a supple leather belt with a heart-shaped jewel set into its silver buckle.

❧ ❧ ❧

You move outside into the sunlight. Fillruk stumbles in the light, and weeps for joy. He never thought he'd see the sky again.

You escort him back to his home, where his worried family awaits. It's after dark by now. On the way of course, you stop try to identify these items.

Several of you identify the statuette as a Pyrite rat, an item that gives you a rat friend for an hour!

There is some disagreement about the belt. Baux and Nandipha think the belt is a Belt of Good Health, but Biltri is convinced the gem contains the last drops of Star-Hand's blood, and that the belt will slowly sap your strength until Star-hand is reborn again.

❧ ❧ ❧

Magiloy clucks excitedly when you return with the mushrooms. "Ahhhhh. Yes. Yes! Good! Here… two precious samples of my newest creation! Be careful — don't drop them!"

"Two precious doses of capsaicin tonic for my mushroom hunters. I hope you like a little spice in your life!"

It's two vials of Capsaicin Tonic!

❧ ❧ ❧

With that, you go back to your cabin and take a well-deserved rest!


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

This is a good interlude mid-part. You can sell items, make purchases, and transfer runes. The spreadsheet is updated.

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"Well, now, that's a spicy little nummer fer ya!" comments Dethor in regards to the tonics. "On belch ye ain't a gonna fergit!"

Dethor ponders what he might purchase.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux is smiling as Fullruk is greeted by his family. He does his best to reassure everyone that he will be fine, but does suggest some things that can be done to help him recover. He promises to stop by the next day to check on him.

He is impressed by the tonic that Magiloy rewards the group with. He just nods when Dethor makes the comment about a belch to remember.

---

By the next morning, Baux is feeling a lot better. The beard still shows a bit of fading, but he figures that will go away with time.

He makes a trip out to check on Fillruk, make sure there are no complications.

He also spends some time asking around, trying to get more information about hell hounds or the Leadbuster Lads. He also keeps an ear out for anyone else accosting travelers on the road.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Fullruk and his family are grateful to Baux. Fullruk's partner gives you some fresh-baked apple pies to take home for dessert that night. And a small, savory meat pie for Carrots and a fish pie for Ollie.

Blue Finley pokes their head out through their door (literally). They still look a little sad. "Did you have adventures with my gramma's sword? Are you becoming real heroes?"


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux brings the pies back to the shack to share with everyone.

When Finley pops out, Baux tells him "Saved a farmer that got taken by evil undead! Family was so grateful, they made us some pies!" He waves at the pies laid out.

Scratching his beard a moment, he says "So guess you can't really eat them. Can ya smell 'em? They are mighty tasty!"

Baux then tells of the grand battle against the shadow, mentioning how important it is to have magical weapons for such fights. He also mentions the other battle in the mound and the trap they had found.

He checks that they had already told Finley about the hell hound, and if they hadn't or Finley wants to hear it again he shares it.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Blue Finley grins and wipes their ectoplasmic-dribbling nose.Wow! Those pies DO smell good! Just like… (sniffle) "Granny used to make when she was home from adventurin'…

They perk up. "Did granny's magical sword help? Did it ZAP! any baddies?" they ask.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Baux looks to Lucius, giving him a chance to answer this.

I believe he is the one who has the sparksword.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius, distracted by the apple pies, finally catches on that Blue Finley is asking about the sword.

"Hmm? Oh, yes, the sword came in quite hand when we had to rescue Abanye Niann from some overly zealous stink weeds. You should have seen how big they were. And the smell! Terrible. But Biltri took the sword from my side, and cut the plants down to size."

His gaze returns to the pies.

"Just like I'm wondering who's going to cut these pies!"


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

Performance (U): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

"Yeah. The plant people were made of stinkweed. Couldn't smash them or burn them, which is my entire strategy for dealing with trouble," Biltri says in his mumbling, grumbling monotone. "Took your grandma's sword out of the skinny elf's belt because he's too scared to use it. Chopped up the aggressive weeds into mulch."


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

They look sad at Biltri's performance, but they don't start crying again. "Try to use it next time! I know you can be brave, Lucius!"

Thanks for remembering the performance or skill mechanic to make Blue Finley happy with your amazing stories of adventure!


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Full of pie and stocked up on items, you relax for a few days. Unfortunately, it seems the Leadbuster lads have gone to ground — you still can't get a lead.

Before things can get too boring, your friendly messenger knocks on the door. "Oloria's got another job for ya! She said go to the 'Scary Elf an' Nice Dwarves' house 'cause you're her couriers now. That's you, right?" He sticks out a hand for his tip, then runs off towards the forest. Again he stops and turns. "You comin', or what?


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

You head over to Oloria's.

"My favorite courriers! I appreciate the help since I'm still down a courier. Narala is stilll cooling off on her 'vacation.' Can't say I really blame her, getting turned to stone wasn't really part of the job description."

"I need a little help with a local delivery. A wagonload of supplies (food, ale, and tools, that sort of thing) for delivery to an Inkleholtz lumber camp outside of town. It's just about eight miles, probably not dangerous… but the troubles happening recently got me jumpy. I want experienced people making the trip: you."

"Let's see… I figure… this is worth… hmm. 25 Gold for the job. Deal?"

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Sounds fair enough. I assume a wagon and horse are provided?"


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

I know some of you are concerned about the low amount of treasure so far. It's OK to negotiate with this person if you want.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

"Any idea if'n the lumber camp has had problems with arson? Seems who ever is makin' trouble has a fondness fer hell hounds."


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

"Haven't heard anything like that. I'm sure I'm worried about nothing and this will be a run-of-the-mill delivery."


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Sure Nalara thought her delivery was run of the mill," Biltri mutters. "For that matter, I got turned to stone. Don't see me pouting. Centaurs clearly not as resilient as dwarves. But every errand we've done has us fighting off hellhounds or carnivorous plants or Darklands skunks. The horrible undead was our choice, so... that's besides the point. Hazard pay. Hazard pay is the point."

That was an amusing little rant to write regardless of outcome. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Ah think mah friend is saying it would be nice If’n you could add a bit more on success. Don’t need be cash, jes somethin’ that we would find useful.

Wit’ yer connections ta various merchants, you might have access ta somethin’ at better rate than we do.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

Dethor just nods at what Bauxite says. 'More money is always good.'


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

You make a good point. Plus, you saved my courier when she would otherwise have died. 40 gold!

She p[ays it upfront, which means you can go shoppping. Outside is a well-organized cart and some surly mules.


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Thank ye kindly! We will make sure the supplies git there!


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Spoiler:
5d20 ⇒ (9, 9, 16, 15, 13) = 62
Satisfied with your bargaining skills, you make your way to the Inkleholtz lumber camp.

It's an uneventful journey, aside from the mules who seem rather mercurial, at times taciturn and at other made skittish by Carrots and Ollie. Nandipha thinks they're putting on an act because they don;t like to work.

❧ ❧ ❧

Hours later you come along a bend in the road with tall, ancient laurels to the right. Nandipha thinks they look like overgrown hedges that were once well-manicured; perhaps there was a manor or castle here long ago — whatever the case, Nature has reclaimed what humankind made.

Ahead you see a stout dwarf leaning on the post of a bridge. He sports wavy black hair and a jutting lower jaw that gives him a perpetually pugnacious look; he wears well-kept armor and a maul on his back.

“G'day! I’m Kotgar." As you approach, he eyes your gear "Yer a rather well-armed group to be driving a wagon in this part of the woods. Will you take offense if I ask yer names and yer business?”

Lucius, That's Odd:
There's something odd about the hedges.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Ganzi Dwarf Amateur Hireling | +5 Skills

"Well met, Kotgar!" Nandipha smiles. "I be Nandipha, and these be my traveling companions. We be delivering some lumber supplies. And yes, we be well-armed, but have you heard that there be danger in these parts? Basilisks! Hell Hounds! Ghosts! A dwarf has got to protect herself!"

Nandipha would like to use her +11 Perception to make a Sense Motive check on this dwarf who is eyeing her gear. Especially since we are looking for a gang of dwarves...


"Carrots" | Small male dromaesaur companion 4 HP 42/42 | AC 20 | F +9 R +10 W +8 | Perc +10 | 50 Speed | Active Conditions: ---

"Snirp!" Carrots tells the other dwarf, clearly not impressed by all the dangers listed.

But she has me to protect her!

Grand Archive

LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

”Now whin y’ ever see a dwarf not be well armed, me laddie?” asks Dethor. ”Ennie sensible dwarf be armin’ hisself wit’ all sorts a weapons, just like ye’ seem t’ be. I ain’t a goin’ oot in dese wilds wit’out me blade and me bow! ”

Deception (E): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Dethor doesn’t believe that these could have anything to do with the Leadbuster boys. These are dwarves, and are probably fine, upstanding individuals. As such, they will likely want to recruit Dethor to be a “proper dwarf” so will make as if he is one!

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

Lucius eyes the dwarf suspiciously.

"You seem rather well-armed for someone who is merely standing beside a bridge."

While Nandipha is checking out the dwarf, Lucius will take a better look at the hedges. Perception +10


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

GM Screen:
Baux's Perception (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Biltri's Perception (E): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Dethor's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Lucius Caligari's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Nandipha's Perception (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Nandipha wrote:
"Well met, Kotgar!" Nandipha smiles. "I be Nandipha, and these be my traveling companions. We be delivering some lumber supplies. And yes, we be well-armed, but have you heard that there be danger in these parts? Basilisks! Hell Hounds! Ghosts! A dwarf has got to protect herself!"

"I've heard tell of a forest basilisk 'round here, and even some kobolds too, charging people protection money or somesuch. Tolls. He chuckles and taps the bridge's post. "No, no. Not to worry. No tolls here! An' if I were to charge a toll, certainly wouldn't want to trouble over you lot"

"Hellhounds and ghosts you say? I hope you've put 'em all back in the ground, or in hell, where they belong. Did the Hellhounds cause any trouble? Them's run amok I hear, whereas ghosts stay put."

❧ ❧ ❧

Dethor Ironfist wrote:
”Now whin y’ ever see a dwarf not be well armed, me laddie?” asks Dethor. ”Ennie sensible dwarf be armin’ hisself wit’ all sorts a weapons, just like ye’ seem t’ be. I ain’t a goin’ oot in dese wilds wit’out me blade and me bow! ”

"Well said!" Paragon of dwarven kind right here. I'd buy you an ale… but I don't have any. 'Spose there's none in that wagon? And if it were to have ale in it, maybe yer client wouldn't mind. Say, theoretically, I personally know Jollibin Urphell. He's the foreman of the camp up a ways. If you were theoretically deliverin' goods his way, I know for a fact that he wouldn't begrudge an afternoon sip, eh? He knows how it is. Dwarves need a break from all the hard work now and again. Then again, maybe you don't got that kind of supplies in that wagon, and you got somethin' else. None of my business, I 'spose."

❧ ❧ ❧

Lucius Caligari wrote:
"You seem rather well-armed for someone who is merely standing beside a bridge."

"Yer dwarf friend has it right, scary-lookin' elf. We all gots weapons. You friends with them Hellhounds or somethin'?"

❧ ❧ ❧

Baux:
You think Kotgar is trying to get information from you, but indirectly. You might get information out of HIM if you can make a DC 20 Diplomacy check to Request information or even Intimidation check to Coerce.

Biltri:
You think Kotgar is trying to get information from you, but indirectly. You might get information out of HIM if you can make a DC 20 Diplomacy check to Request information or even Intimidation check to Coerce.

Dethor:
You think Kotgar is trying to get information from you, but indirectly. You think in particular, the mention of Hellhounds has piqued his interest, as well as why such a well-guarded wagon is being driven to the lumber camp.

You might get information out of HIM if you can make a DC 20 Diplomacy check to Request information or even Intimidation check to Coerce.

Lucius:
You don't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it was nothing after all.

Nandipha:
He seems like a good dwarf, if a bit gossipy.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

dethor:
too late to edit my post. deception would work too. You did a good job setting that up.


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Of course I'm well-armed," Biltri grunts and gives the dwarf a side-eye. "And it's good you don't want to trouble us. More than able to stomp down trouble. And that'd be a lot of trouble for a cart full of turnips and rope." He lies about the last bit intentionally terribly.

Deception:

Deception (U): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Where you from, Kotgar? Ah’ve bin in these parts fer a few years, don’t recall meeting ya.

Sorry, don’t think we kin share the contents of the cart. We being paid to git the stuff ta the camp, so that is what we gunna do. If’n ya want some of the stuff, fraid yer gunna have ta travel wit’ us an’ ask the foreman himself afta he accepts the shipment.

Gesturing towards the maul, he adds “Could probably git ya an axe too, If’n yer lookin’ fer some work.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Hero point
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Well, that didn’t help...

Grand Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

[v]"No, don' be lissenin' to dat blowhard, Kotgar. He don' know nuthin'. Maul's a plenny fine weapon, ya know?

"Dat ain't here nor dere. An' I gotta agree wit' ye' on we dwarves takin' a break no and denn. Some,"[/b] he says while looking back at Baux, "jus' don' kenn howda haf enny fun, which ain't nae good.

"Ye and me, we different. We kenn da value of takin' breaks. Whodat Jollibin Urphell? Ain'ta herd o' 'im. He da big boss up dere? Wazza goin' on dat you guardin'?"

Dethor moves in close, patting down his own pockets as if he is looking for a flask or something. "Damn halflin'! I knowed he waren't up t' nae good. Nipped me flask and all, and wus gonna share a nip wit' me new friend an' all!"

Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Deception reroll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

While making a big deal over this, if he can get close enough, he is going to try and see if the guard has anything in his pockets, and nab it himself!

thievery:

Thievery : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Ah meant an axe ta cut wood at the lumber camp.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Kotgar nods sagely, as if he's learning all kinds of interesting things from Baux. He grins at Biltri. "That so? What you stomped down of late? Any of those Hellhounds, for example?"

He smiles at Dethor. "Shame. Jollibin? He's just the foreman. Ain't the boss. I work for his boss… or what will be soon. My brothers and I, we work for the Kortos Consortium to keep an eye on the area. Easy work, good pay. You feel me?"

Dethor:
You palm a pouch. You'll have to open it later, but it feels pleasantly heavy.

Dethor can swing by but can't really stay close to him or do it again… Kotgar's not stupid and he doesn't trust strangers on the road. Much like you.


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Stomped that basilisk you mentioned. And stomped half a dozen undead that somebody woke in Karstin Star-Hand's tomb, including sending the evil soul of Karstin Star-Hand themself back to the Abyss. So why don't you tell us what you're about and why you're so interested in hellhounds?"

Intimidate (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Oh, so sad. But I'm not bothering with a reroll.

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"The minions of hell are nothing to trifle with," Lucius adds with a smile. "Now, if you don't mind, I think we'd best be on our way. Don't want these turnips to do whatever is they do when they've been in the cart too long."


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

GM Screen:
Baux's Perception (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Biltri's Perception (E): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Dethor's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Lucius Caligari's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Nandipha's Perception (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Kotgar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Maul: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
B: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Lucius Caligari wrote:
"Now, if you don't mind, I think we'd best be on our way. Don't want these turnips to do whatever is they do when they've been in the cart too long."

”Sure. Turnips. Wouldn’t want nothin’ to happen to them turnips on your way to camp.”

Biltri Gimhargruest wrote:
"So why don't you tell us what you're about and why you're so interested in hellhounds?"

”Come now. You know why. And you know what’s comin’, right?” He spits in Biltri’s direction as he draws the maul and waves it menacingly.

”Aww. You mad, hound-hunters? Come an’ get some!"

❧ ❧ ❧

Just a Typical Friendly Roadside Traveler, not a Leadbuster Lad. Nope.

You do not have weapons drawn. He used an action to draw his.
Trees/bushes difficult terrain.

Kotgar, readied action

Dethor

Nandipha
Lucius
Biltri
Baux

Grand Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) death warden dwarf rogue [thief] 3 | HP 30/37 | AC 21| Fort +6; Ref +11; Will +8 | Perc: +8(E) (+9 to find traps) (Darkvision) | Speed 20ft| Hero Points 0/3 |Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | Active conditions: Deny Advantage,

"It was dwarves? You rotten excluse for duergar!" yells out Dethor, his deeply hidden sensibilities being racked.

Dethor, realizing he has been hit more than enough lately, draws his blade himself, and readies to attack if the Bad Dwarf moves in to attack him. "By the way, I gots yer purse, ye rotten bastage!"

attack if approached:

ol' stabby: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 P (or S) magic, striking: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8precision, if it matters: 1d6 ⇒ 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

"So the Kortos Consortium payin' ya ta endanger travelers?" Might have to spread the word among the clergy if that is the case.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Attacks:
Pounce from Undetected vs FF: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
P: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Sneak: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Grab
Maul 1: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 = 14
Maul 2: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 4 = 21
Slashing Maul 2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

A leopard pounces from the laurels, biting into Biltri's leg, grabbing on, and then raking his flesh with both claws! Pounce, grab, one-action Maul

Lucius might think: "So, a leopard hiding in the laurels… that is odd, after all." Lucius failed to beat stealth DC when he looked, and those who could in exploration mode failed to notice it with their secret checks.

❧ ❧ ❧

Just a Typical Friendly Roadside Traveler, not a Leadbuster Lad… Nope!

You do not have weapons drawn if you have not acted yet.
Trees/bushes difficult terrain.

Kotgar, readied action

Dethor, readied attack

Leopard

Nandipha
Lucius
Biltri, -18 HP, Grabbed
Baux

Vigilant Seal

NG Hellspawn Tiefling Investigator/Talisman Dabbler | HP 38/38 | AC 19 | Class DC 20 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +11 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Crossbow +6 1d6 Melee: Sword Cane +6 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Ah ha! I knew there was something odd about those hedges!"

Lucius studies the leopard and forms a plan of attack

Devise a Stratagem: 1d20 ⇒ 12

But he's not quite sure, so he draws his cane sword, and tries to recall what he may know about leopards. +8 Nature


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

gm screen:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Lucius can’t remember much about leopards, other than they are probably good at stealth and like to pounce and grab and claw you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Forge Dwarf Cleric of Desna 4 | HP 50/50| AC 20 (22 w/ shield) | F +10 R +7 W +11 | Resist Fire 2 | | Hero Points 2| Divine Font: 2/2 | Wand Heal used: 0| Exploration: Scout Detect Magic | Conditions:

Seeing Lucius once again draw his sword cane, Baux reminds him “That is no way ta git stories fer Blue Finley.

Moving forward, he then casts a spell at Kotgar.
Ray of Enfeeblement: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Stride, Cast Ray of Enfeeblement


NG M Forge Dwarf Barbarian 4 | HP (81) 74/74 | AC <20> 21 (22) | F +11 R +7 W +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Stealth +1 | 20 ft | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Point: 1/3 | Active Conditions: toughness, deny advantage (L4), resist fire 2

"Stop eating me!" Biltri complains as his eyes blaze and fire runs down the chains on his meteor hammer. He barely manages to unloop the chains from his shoulder so that he can smash the steel fist toward the leopard.

Rage, Draw a Weapon, Strike

Flat DC 5: 1d20 ⇒ 6

+1 Meteor Hammer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Magic, B, +4 Fire Rage: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10

701 to 750 of 1,216 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Troubles in Otari All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.