A Tiny Part Of The Dimension Wars (Interdimensional Spy Follies

Game Master GM Hansj

You: hardened, experienced agents of an ad-hoc group of wizards, priests and occultist, known only as "The Organization". You act to stop plane-destroying effects such as those unleashed by the mysterious and sinister Dark Traders.

Current Location: Journeying from Gamjee Town to the area inhabited by the mysterious Cucurai. Towards end of the third days in, but having made good time, at the Crystal Forest.

Leander's way points:
1) A lookout in hill, showing a wide area, 2 days along
2) The Crystal Forrest, 4 days along
3) Oil Flats, 5 days along
4) A matrix of caves, 8 days along
5) Mornette Flowers, 11 days along
6) Valley of Mists 13 days along
7) The Cucurai's home, 14 days along

Final Goal:
Discover the relation between the Cucurai and a mysterious book describing the Dark Traders' "seeding" of various planes.


101 to 150 of 4,829 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Arlo and Lady Lyra can see that a combination of attacks from the stealthy and shots from Arlos and her would either take out both blue and yellow or seriously damage them.

The group waits for Lyra's order...


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

"On three...1..2..3!"

She had his head in the center of her scope. There was a dull thud as her shot crossed the distance between her and yellow.

On yellow Ranged Tuch Attack = 1d20 + 1d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (5) + 9 + 3 = 20 DMG 1d10 + 1 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 3 + (2, 5) = 14 spending 2 inspiration to add 1d6 to hit

She kept him sighted for a second shot if it was needed.


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6
Lady Lyra Anna Fitzroy wrote:
"On three...1..2..3!"

As Lady Lyra counts down, Arlo breathes deeply and focuses his mind and faith to make Blue the target of his smite evil.

Heavy Crossbow (smite evil): 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 4 = 20
Dmg.: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
All this happens assuming Blue is evil.


F Human | Init +1 | AC 24 T19 FF22 CMD 25 (+2 grapple)| Hp 66/66 | Fort +17 Ref +14, Will +14 | Perception+11 (+2 vs evil outsiders) |

Moira runs into the fray just as the shots start to come in, ducking her head down and yelling. "WHAT WAS THAT? DROP THE CARGO, GET OUT OF HERE!"

bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


Yellow is hit heavily by Lady Lyra's shot and then goes down hit by an unseen foe (you're guessing The Lurker). The light Yellow was holding drops into the ditch.

Blue is hit heavily but still up. Seeing how the battle goes, he runs full speed, blindly, along the path away from city, managing only barely to not to fall, giving a shout, "Fine, this is now Mueller's shipment, getting it to the Green Shadow is on your shoulders, you can defend from highwaymen"

the Workers drop their tools and put their hands in the air, the apparent leader shouting: "Do not harm us, we have mouths to feed and we are not involved in any dispute"

[ Spencer if he is hiding nearby, gets an attack of opportunity as Blue attempts to flee. Otherwise Blue is 90' down the path in the dark. ]


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

With yellow down Anna takes her time and aims at Blue.

If not take down by others. Ranged Tuch Attack 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16 DMG 1d10 + 1 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 3 + (2, 6) = 16 2 more instpration


Blue Cryptic (Distorter) 6 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 FF: 15 Touch: 14 | Fort: +4 Ref: +10 Will: +8 | Perception: +18 (+21 to detect traps) | PP: 27/32 | Altered Defense: 10/10 | Active Type: Humanoid

The patient lurker, following alongside the others in the shadows does indeed do his best to finish off Yellow after he takes a hit. The apparent halfling steps out of the shadows for a moment to point a finger at his target and a black ray shoots out, striking the agent in the shoulder, almost unnoticed in the dark of the night.

Disrupt Pattern, Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage (untyped): 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (6, 4) = 19 (half damage if the target is not humanoid)

Stealth roll to snipe and hide again after the attack: 1d20 + 23 - 20 ⇒ (15) + 23 - 20 = 18

After regaining the saftey of the shadows, the small figure looks around to see if anyone seems to have spotted him or is an obvious new threat.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34


F Human | Init +1 | AC 24 T19 FF22 CMD 25 (+2 grapple)| Hp 66/66 | Fort +17 Ref +14, Will +14 | Perception+11 (+2 vs evil outsiders) |

Are all of the caskets on the donkey cart now?

Moira keeps her head down and frantically runs about, checking to make sure that none of the caskets have opened.


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

Seeing Blue and yellow drop, She keeps track of and threat,

"Arlo do you want to go over there and join Moira, check the caskets are ok to move. See if we can't get the hands to move them for us."


The Lurker notices that Blue crawled a short distance from where he fell and seems to have fallen or jumped into a ditch.

The cases are on the ground in a row, periodically jumping. The cart is halfway across the ditch and the donkey is tied to one of the cases.

The Bravos, still with their hands up, stand up from their work and step forward into view, clearly trying to be non-threatening. A couple of the bravos on the edge of the group look around, maybe trying to find a way to quietly vanish. However, the lead bravo approaches Moira, saying "Mam, I assure we treated these eerie caskets with complete respect and none were opened. We were promised another ten pennies each at the end of this job. If you are in charge now, I assume you are taking leadership of the shipment. We can work for you" Smiles. " We would be happy to delivery it to a destination of your choice" less smile "... or if we are not needed, we would take our cart and donkey and go, with your permission"

In inspecting the caskets, Moira realizes they are actually sealed magically and despite all the talk and the fear of them opening, only a significant spell could undo them.

The night is quiet, soft sounds of a party come from inside the castle next to the wall.

[More happens in five minutes if the party stays put, otherwise out of rounds]


Blue Cryptic (Distorter) 6 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 FF: 15 Touch: 14 | Fort: +4 Ref: +10 Will: +8 | Perception: +18 (+21 to detect traps) | PP: 27/32 | Altered Defense: 10/10 | Active Type: Humanoid

Letting the others handle the casks for now, the Patient Lurker does his best to make sure the immediate threats have been fully neutralized. Keeping hidden, he moves to investigate the ditch that Blue has disappeared into. Once he reaches it, he peers over the edge, searching for a body or evidence of where one might have gotten to.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

Arlo, still aiming his heavy crossbow and any possible combatants, slowly approaches the open to rendezvous with the rest of the team.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


At the main group

The bravos shift nervously back and forth waiting for an answer. One of them picks up Yellows magic lantern.

Those in the main group notice a cat-like figure on the edge of the wall. A dark streak and Shadow, your Contact, drops down next to Arlo, switching from cat to human form in the process. "I came once other business was taken care of. You seem to have things in hand." Then looking at the cases " But what will we do with these? And what are they "

...

100 ft away, in a ditch/empty stream bed.

As the silent lurker reaches the edge of the ditch, he sees a tall, winged figure, with skin similar to the gargoyle you saw earlier, standing over someone (he guesses Blue but he can't see them). The figure is hoarsely whispering: "Who are they? Why did they interrupt the shipment? Answer before I slip your throat" and then Blue's voice: " I do not know, rival traders? An agent of Mueller I think. Why they're doing this, I do not know. Please...". The creature says: "I may need you, follow at a distance... as it turns and takes on the semblance of glowering human male and climbs out of the pit. Blue can then be seen, he climbs up, possibly healed and looks at the lip of the pit.

...

Back at the main party,

The entire party sees a cloaked human figure approaching from the distance, not beautiful but trying to smile and affect a disarming friendliness.


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

From her spot some distance away Lady Anna targets the newcomer.
She zeros in on his head.


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

Arlo follows Lady Lyra's lead and catches a bead on winged freak with the sight from his heavy crossbow.


Blue Cryptic (Distorter) 6 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 FF: 15 Touch: 14 | Fort: +4 Ref: +10 Will: +8 | Perception: +18 (+21 to detect traps) | PP: 27/32 | Altered Defense: 10/10 | Active Type: Humanoid

With the newcomer now approaching the party, the Patient Lurker decides that now is the time for (sneaky) action. Moving so that he is in range of both, but not where they are looking, he concentrates on both Blue and the other, now human appearing, stranger. The Patient Lurker emits a faint purple pattern of glyphs and lights and attempts to remove any awareness of his presence or actions from their minds.

Stealth to reposition: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34

The Patient Lurker will try to move to a position behind both Blue and the newcomer before using Cloud Mind on both of them. Each gets a DC 19 Will save or they become unable to perceive me or my actions (see the power for restrictions) for 6 minutes. Manifesting the power does have a visual display, but otherwise I don't know whether they notice the attempt if it fails.

*** If the Patient Lurker believes he has succeeded ***

The patient lurker calls out to the party from the shadows, "This is the Lurker here. The one approaching you now cannot see or hear me, but he seems to be Blue's superior. Blue is also lurking back here and also unaware of me, by the way. If you can engage them in dialogue without drawing obvious attention to me I'll do my best to disarm them without them noticing. Oh, and if anyone wants to get the hired help out of the area, now would be a good time to do that."


F Human | Init +1 | AC 24 T19 FF22 CMD 25 (+2 grapple)| Hp 66/66 | Fort +17 Ref +14, Will +14 | Perception+11 (+2 vs evil outsiders) |

When Shadow drops in, Moira looks to Lady Lyra and asks, "Do you have space for these at your place?"

When the cloaked figure approaches, Moira walks to the edge of the clearing and calls out, "What's your name, what's your business?"


The Lurker is able to make his statement

Shadow gives a snarling whisper to the bravos: "You will work for us, we're paying double. Get the cart back here and load the coffins. We're heading to East Stone Bridge.". The bravos move to do this.

The figure advances, still smiling, "Hello, I am Arnash Thediel, representative of the Green Shadow. It seems there's been confusion as to who will be the representing agent. These things happen. I will gladly settle any debts that might arise. I have significant currency as long as the shipment goes forward."" but as the Lurker gives his warning at the same moment, the face of the company harden and the apparent-trader's face swirls for a second and he shout: "Stand aside or die mortals" as two black beams shoot from his hands, from about 40 feet away - a ranged touch attack hits Arlo (18 ranged touch)for 18 points of negative energy and misses Lady Anna (wild fumble) as two more of the earlier gargoyle-like creatures seem to burst from his robe and do a flying charge at Moira and Shadow respectively. The one gargoyle hit Moira (barely AC 23) for 8 pts of damage and shadow for some amount of damage.

The bravos move to flee but have not gotten far.

Shadow snarls and moves forward, ready to pounce on the figure next turn.

"Aranash's" illusion of humanity is smeared like bad watercolor now.


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

On Shadow Ranged Tuch Attack = 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 3 = 30 DMG 1d10 + 1 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 3 + (5, 1) = 13 her head shot


Blue Cryptic (Distorter) 6 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 FF: 15 Touch: 14 | Fort: +4 Ref: +10 Will: +8 | Perception: +18 (+21 to detect traps) | PP: 27/32 | Altered Defense: 10/10 | Active Type: Humanoid

After trying to give his warning to the group about the situation, the Patient Lurker sees the figure identifying itself as Arnash immediately grow suspicious and attack. Frowning, the Cyrptic assesses the situation to figure out the most fruitful course of action. Either it could hear me or it quickly read the reactions of the others and decided that subterfuge wouldn't work. Either way, it's mentally agile and a threat. On the other hand, it's engaged with the others and clearly not humanoid, so my best course of action while there's some chance that it can't detect me is to make sure that it's not going to get any help while my companions take it down.

Focusing his attention on Blue who he believes to be unaware of his presence, the Patient Lurker points his figure and fires another black energy ray at the back of the enemy agent before ducking back and trying to find cover once more.

Standard action to attack Blue with Disrupt Pattern, move action to hide via snipe. This attack will on Blue will break my Could Mind on him.

Disrupt Pattern Touch Attack (with no dex bonus to AC due to Cloud Mind): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage (untyped): 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (2, 1) = 12 (half if the target is not humanoid)

Sneak to hide via snipe: 1d20 + 23 - 20 ⇒ (3) + 23 - 20 = 6


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

Acrobatics 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

After shooting she rolls into cover, stowing her Rifle and pulling her revolver. uses Bandolier Endless


As soon as melee breaks out, Blue is once again clambering top-speed away from the fray (note he never actually moved forward out of the ditch with the other figure, despite being ordered to and he looks healed from earlier injuries). He grunts as the black energy beam hits him but continues around a curve in ditch/gully .

DC 13 perception check to hear him trip out of eyesight.

[I will describe the main action, in the clearing by the cart and cases, once the other characters have acted.]


F Human | Init +1 | AC 24 T19 FF22 CMD 25 (+2 grapple)| Hp 66/66 | Fort +17 Ref +14, Will +14 | Perception+11 (+2 vs evil outsiders) |

The gargoyle catches Moira off-guard and manages to slash at her but she reacts quickly, stanching her wound with a gesture qnd grabbing the gargoyle as it carries itself into her and spinning it around. In a few more seconds, she'll have it in a headlock.

Lay on Hands 1/7: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Grapple: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

Arlo knocked hard, as he pulled himself off the ground from the surprise attack. Having his heavy crossbow still nearby, the dwarf loaded an bolt in the crossbow, and ran to close with Blue. 40ft.


Some possible confusion, Shadow is a friendly NPC from "the organization" who recently appeared, the attacks came from a strange figure identifying himself/itself as Arnash (who Shadow is about to attack). Blue is in a gully 200-300 feet away from everyone in the party but the Lurker.
I'd expect Lady Lyra Anna and Arlo would be aiming to attack Arnash. I'll assume this unless there's clarification.


As Arlo approaches, the now-only-vaguely human creature screeches and attacks (for all the violence so-far, things have been very quiet, both and the case-transporter wanting silence. Now we have some noise that may attract company).

The creature attacks with two slashing claws and a bite in the fashion of the gargoyles. One claw embedding itself in the dirt and throwing the bite off but the other claw makes a solid hit, piercing through Arlo's armor for 15 points of damage. At this point Shadow leaps onto the creature's back, and ripping through part of it's wing with one claw [FYI: Shadow does 25 points including one critical hit. With all the damage sustained so far, creature seems only moderately injured].

Moira holds one gargoyle like a sack of flour and that gargoyle flails uselessly. The other gargoyle flies at Lady Lyra Anna as she ducks behind a broken piece of city wall and attacks her with one claw, missing.

Arnash/Creature is AC: 20 [FF 16, touch 14]

Enemies: 2 gargolys, one strange creature "Arnash", and Blue a distance away. Remember, the lurker is in a gully ~ 120 feet away with Blue maybe 50 feet further. Blues' action in gully already described. It is the characters turn to act.


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

yes sorry it would have been Arnash she shot

gargolys vs revolver RTA 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 DMG 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

"Aaah! Motherfu<ker!!" Arlo yells in pain as the gargoyle slashes through his armor. To counterattack, the dwarf tries to swing the butt of the crossbow into the gargoyle skull, but swing wide, letting the crossbow go.
Improvised Weapon (crossbow): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1


F Human | Init +1 | AC 24 T19 FF22 CMD 25 (+2 grapple)| Hp 66/66 | Fort +17 Ref +14, Will +14 | Perception+11 (+2 vs evil outsiders) |

Grapple to Pin: 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 5 = 32
Nonlethal sneak attack damage (strangler): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Moira wrestles the gargoyle into a very uncomfortable headlock. Once she has the creature pinned, the ground beneath her begins to bulge and otherworldly vines burst out, wriggling and eager to help her restrain the creature.


Arlo, remember your lay-on-hands, as a swift action, you can do it at the end of the round.


The Creature Arnash makes a flailing sort of attack. Hitting AC 30 on Arlo for 12 points of damage and biting and clawing Shadow for possibly more.

The gargoyle Moira is holding stops trying to break the grapple and instead attempts to sink it's claws into her but with no greater success.

The other gargoyle dodges Lady Anna's Revolver and flies around her, hissing and trying to claw her, unsuccessfully.

Shadow, on Arnash's, back get in one more substial attack (12 points of damage). The creature's black blood is on the ground and it's in something of a frenzy. The bravos have moved a short distance but now are crouching on the ground in fear.

At the same time, you can notice a couple young kids, apparently from the immigrant camp, perched on the edge of the wall trying to observe the fight (though it's obscure to those without darkvision).

[Summary: Lady Anne, Moira, Arlo and Shadow are fighting: two small/dog-sized gargoyle-oid creatures and larger, human-size creature ("Arnash"?) with some magic power, who might be gargoyle-shaped too (with an illusion "half on"). The larger creature has taken quite a of damage ~50 pt but may still have consider fight in them and is certainly dangerous. The little gargoyles seem only moderately effective (have hit once). The fight is in the "gap in the wall" area, next to the cart and where the cases are laid out. The Lurker is in a gully 100ft away, Spencer is presumably hiding near the main group ]

I will catch up the Lurker when they post


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

night vision perception on the children. 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

She had had time to study the Gargolys now.

Gargolys vs revolver RTA 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 3 = 32 DMG 1d8 + 1 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 3 + (3, 5) = 16 conferming crit RTA1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 if confermed DMG 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 more


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

After the last attack from Arnash, Arlo gritted his teeth, he hated to ask, but seeing how he was about to die, the dwarf had little choice. The paladin hiding deep within Arlo, touch his wounds, and asked The Divine to heal his wounds.
Lay on Hands: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) = 8
The healing wasn't alot, but Arlo didn't expect much anyway. Now, semi-healed, Arlo took a 5-foot step back and equipped his shield and waraxe.
"ALRIGHT MOTHERFU<KERS! NOW YOU'RE DEALING WITH A FULL-ARMED DWARF WITH NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE! WHO WANTS SOME!!!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

She slams her revolver into the Gargolys body and fires, Then spinning about she moves fast to back up Arlo.
Her thin-framed 7 foot from moving with an odd grace. Like a mechanical doll. Dagger in one hand Revolver in the other.
The two look formidable.

Stopping flanking on Arlo, aiding intimidate. Take 10+14 for +2 to his intimate ]


F Human | Init +1 | AC 24 T19 FF22 CMD 25 (+2 grapple)| Hp 66/66 | Fort +17 Ref +14, Will +14 | Perception+11 (+2 vs evil outsiders) |

Grapple-Tie Up: 1d20 + 15 + 5 - 10 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 5 - 10 = 12

Moira attempts to tie the gargoyle up but loses her grasp on it.


Blue Cryptic (Distorter) 6 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 20 FF: 15 Touch: 14 | Fort: +4 Ref: +10 Will: +8 | Perception: +18 (+21 to detect traps) | PP: 27/32 | Altered Defense: 10/10 | Active Type: Humanoid

With Blue obviously not interested in helping Arnash at this point, the Patient Lurker turns his attention back to the other conflict. Without bothering to find shelter this time, he closes the distance the best he can before taking aim at Arnash from behind, giving up the protection Cloud Mind might have offered to instead help deal some damage to whatever it is.

Double move action from last turn to close the distance, single move to get within 30 feet, standard action to attack with Disrupt Pattern this turn.

Disrupt Pattern Touch Attack (with no dex bonus to AC due to Cloud Mind): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage (untyped): 1d6 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (2, 1) = 12 (half if the target is not humanoid)
Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Critical Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 => 23 total (half if the target is not humanoid)


Lady Lyra knocks out the gargoyle flapping around her and it falls to the ground still faintly flapping.

Arnash is shaken by Arlo's intimidating stance and backs away, still landing one lucky claw attack on Shadow, who has 3-4 nasty gashes on his front and back by now. But the creature is sufficiently slowed for Shadow to land two savage claw attacks on it. At which point, the Lurk comes in range and disrupts the wheeling, winged creature's form sufficiently to finally take it down. It comes to rest in the gully. It's illusion gone, it resembles a larger version of the other leathery-skinned gargoyles you've seen (whose skin and behavior you've noted marked them as some sort of construct).

The gargoyle held by Moira breaks free and with a croak, it flies 30' away and into the air (attacks of opportunity possible).

Shadow leaps from the back of the falling Arnash and hisses to the Bravos "Halt, we will still be needing you..." and to everyone "now, double quick, load the wagon. To the bridge and then follow me. Halt the flying creature, dispose of the others and watch for more."


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

Lady Lyra swings her arm up and shoots at the feeling Gargoyle.

AoO on Gargole vs revolver RTA 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 DMG 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Then walks back to the one she knocked out putter her dagger away she pulls a slightly longer blade. The dagger slits its throat.

coup de grâce 20+9=29 DMG 1d6 + 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + (2) + 2 + 2 = 7 +10 for the Con DC / I think that is how it works, if that dose not wokr will do again 1d6 + 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (3) + 2 + 2 = 9

A few chops and the thing is dead. She stands, and cleaners herself.

Nanite Presdigietation, her skin glowing slightly with odd patterns.

Now clean she puts her weapons away. She then moves off into the darkness to once more shadow the party and checks others are not coming.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Once in the shadows she reloads her weapons, being careful to keep the spent cartages.


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

"Lyra, you clip their wings, and I'll finish them when they hit the ground", Arlo growls, keeping his eye out for low-flying gargoyles.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

Sorry forgot there were more still about, forget that heading off killing the knocked out one and going into the darkness bit/putting stuff away. She will reload and stay with Ario. Ario do you want to kill the one she knocked out? be a great chance for your PC to vent.

Standing back to back with Ario. Her revolver in one hand and her long blade in the other. She looks for other gargoyles around them.

She had 'dark vision'. Perception She will re-use that 3 from the now not needed Stealth Roll on her next role, Perception. 13+3=16

At his words, she shows emotion for the 1st time, with a grin she says.

"Just like old times Ario, you all cut to bits and me covering your a$$"

It's said in a joking way.

Sence motive DC12:

You can tell that even with the joking she is concerned about the old grumpy dwarf being hurt.

If Ario moves she moves with him, covering his back all the while.


F Human | Init +1 | AC 24 T19 FF22 CMD 25 (+2 grapple)| Hp 66/66 | Fort +17 Ref +14, Will +14 | Perception+11 (+2 vs evil outsiders) |

AoO Nonlethal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Gargoyle shrugs off the punch and shot and continues up and away from the city, now 90' away.

Shadow pulls out a bow and sends an arrow into it's flank, 5 more points of damage but it's arc continues.

Shadow, dividiing his attention between the bravos and fleeing gargoyle, steps slightly closer to the group and whispers "We have to get the cases mobile and then get them to while they can't be found. I know a place but we'll soon have to think of a longer term plan. Stopping that thing could get us some time."


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

Arlo takes a quick second to humble ask for more healing from The Divine, and lay on hands himself once more.
Lay On Hands: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) = 6
The dwarf nods at Shadow and begins to run toward the gargoyles, waraxe at the ready.


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

She sees the gargoyle be hit and keep going.

What are these things?

Kn Nature? or other skills, 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 if she knows what it is can she work out the best way to stop the thing as in shoot a wing etc.

As she does she puts her weapons away and pulls out her rifle.

"Lend me your shoulder Arlo"

She crunches down and holds still resting her weapon on him, she takes a moment to study. Then shots with a dull thud sound.

Her shots:

She will use her scope, which removes the -1 for added range increment. And I don't this she used studded strike on this one, but if she did she will use 2 Inspiration to do it again.

RTA on the gargoyle 1d20 + 1 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 3 - 1 = 18 DMG 1d10 + 1 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 3 + (2, 4) = 12

If she fails to stop it she will shoot again.

RTA on the gargoyle 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 1 = 10 (+3 if she needs studded strike) but added -1 for range DMG 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (+3+2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 if she uses studded strike again)

RTA on the gargoyle 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 2 = 17 but added -2 for range DMG 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

RTA on the gargoyle 1d20 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 3 = 9 but added -3 for range DMG 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Reload

RTA on the gargoyle 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 5 = 9 but added -5 for range DMG 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

Arlo immediately stops and takes a half-knee, giving the sharpshooter his vantage.
After her shots, the dwarf takes a finger and rings out his ear. "A bit loud", Arlo smiles WAIT! What! Smiles?!!
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Sense Motive 16:
Arlo enjoys the professionalism and fluidity that happens when he and Lady Lyra work as a team.
Sense Motive 21:
Arlo consider Lady Lyra a friend, something the dwarf seemed to have avoided for as long as people have known him. Perhaps the android's humor isn't so rancorous to the dwarf warrior.
Sense Motive 26:
In times of excellent teamwork, Arlo seems to..appreciate how well the android is built, admiring the curves and valleys as he would on any dwarven maiden.


Lyra Anna Fitzroy Investigator AC 23(27)/FF19(23)/T17(21) CMD 33 | F+12 R+16 W+16 | HP 133/133| Per+33 | Init+5 | Insp 15/15

Scene motive 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 not a clue

She smiles back, getting back up.

"You should talk, remember making me listen to dwarf opera, I don't think my music is that loud."

She reloads if not already done and stows her rifle away. Pulling out her revolver reloads it, then looks to see if the others have the caskets on the wagon.


Lady Lyra Anna brings down the last, fleeing gargoyle with her first shot and Arlo is able bring it back for inspection. Looking closely at the creatures, they are like crude taxidermies or leather puppets, grotesque winged humanoids made from some dark leather (likely human skin). Their inner organs seems be preserved offal swimming a black, alchemical liquid. Some kind of magical, specifically necromantic construct, as Spencer said earlier. Unfortunately, Spencer seems to have vanished in the confusion so you can't ask him more. This is definitely a mark of the Dark Traders, however.

Shadow is trying to organize the bravos to get the cases onto the cart again and everyone's efforts are needed. With enough rope, he thinks he can get all six on. Strength check, knowledge engineering or some profession to help. Shadow also quafs a healing potion and hands one to Arlo (Cure Serious, 3D8 +8). The cases will be loaded in 4-8 rounds, depending on how well it's done.


male halfling swashbuckler (inspired blade) 5 / pathfinder chronicler 1 | ac 23, touch 18, flat-footed 16 | fort +5, ref +13, will +4 | hp 48/48

Hey, sorry for the unannounced absence. Some real life stuff came up but GM reached out to help get me back on track.

At this point Spencer clambers out from the undergrowth, his eyes widening as he sees the gargoyles' bodies strewn out across the ground. His hands cradle a small shape that seems to be made of that same dark leather. "Oh! Are you all okay? Sorry I missed the fight. I figured I should scout around, make sure we weren't walking into an ambush.

Sense Motive 17:
This isn't quite the full story. It seems like the slaughtering of that first gargoyle got to Spencer a bit more than he let on, and he may have been looking for an excuse to miss the next bloodbath.

As he gets closer, Spencer holds up the object in his hand, which you can now see is the remains of a taxidermied rat shaped from the same materials as the gargoyles. "I found some more of these constructs, this time in the form of small rodents." He gestures at a sack over his shoulder, containing a small wriggling lump. "Looks like someone from the Traders is using them to spy."

Then Spencer's eyes fall on Arlo's injuries, which despite being somewhat healed are still pretty gruesome. "Yikes, hold on, let me help with that." He quickly stows the rat carcass and draws out a wand, giving Arlo a gentle tap. Wand of infernal healing, granting fast healing 1 for ten rounds. Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Finally, Spencer notices the efforts to load the cart and steps forward to help coordinate. His meager strength would be useless here, but he twists his any-tool into a small lifting fork and guides the bravos through using it to speed up the process. Then he draws out a coil of rope and helps knot the cases securely in place. Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6
Spencer Bevel wrote:
At this point Spencer clambers out from the undergrowth, his eyes widening as he sees the gargoyles' bodies strewn out across the ground. His hands cradle a small shape that seems to be made of that same dark leather. "Oh! Are you all okay? Sorry I missed the fight. I figured I should scout around, make sure we weren't walking into an ambush.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Arlo sour disposition returns with Spencer's explanation. "Gods dammit, Spencer! We could have used you in the fight! Rookie mistakes aside, don't do it again!" The senior agent barked at the junior.
Spencer Bevel wrote:
Then Spencer's eyes fall on Arlo's injuries, which despite being somewhat healed are still pretty gruesome. "Yikes, hold on, let me help with that." He quickly stows the rat carcass and draws out a wand, giving Arlo a gentle tap. Wand of infernal healing, granting fast healing 1 for ten rounds.

Spellcraft (identify spell being used): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Arlo's eyes narrow with understanding. After Spencer applied infernal healing, Arlo grabs his shoulder and holds him fast, bending down to get eye to eye with the halfing.
"You're new", the dwarf began. "So I'm not gonna rip your head off, but understand this. I. WILL. NOT. Allow infernal healing to be cast on me. EVER. I don't care if it's beneficial! I don't wanna owe The Abyss or Hell ANYTHING! Got me?!"


F Human | Init +1 | AC 24 T19 FF22 CMD 25 (+2 grapple)| Hp 66/66 | Fort +17 Ref +14, Will +14 | Perception+11 (+2 vs evil outsiders) |

"I would prefer to avoid it as well," Moira says, raising a hand. "And my apologies for letting that one go, I got overconfident trying to tie it up and it slipped through. But I'm glad you two had it."

Then she moves to help organize the Bravos as well. Kn:Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

101 to 150 of 4,829 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arrival at the city of Ovium (Chapter 1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.