A Tiny Part Of The Dimension Wars (Interdimensional Spy Follies

Game Master GM Hansj

In a mid-upper level of The Black Lake, an interdimensional phenomenon at the end of the Starling Path and encompassing a multitude of unmoored demiplanes. Here, you have made contact with burrowing creatures whose homes are being colonized by the Dark Traders.


6,201 to 6,224 of 6,224 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

Gift Elan-Psion [AC 31/35^ TAC21/26^ FF--] CMD 21/+7CMB|F+12/20* R+15/23* W+19/27*|HP85/85|Init+4|Per+30|SM+20|PP/30/240|360, 60' Touchsight+Danger Sense

::"Which here can not fly other than our father? We* can give you flight for a time or We* can do can place you inside Nexqil who can fly you there."::

Gift sends.
We* means gift in her now full linked Hive mind state
Image here

Arlo you have flight for 14 hours.


Your crustacean allies present you with a map that shows much of what you know of the caverns plus a deeper passages connecting all the tunnels and wonder if you need anything else. They have a few hundred individuals ready to fight. They little training in combat (but do have a burrow speed).

You know worms feel vibrations but can also hear sound as it vibrates against stone... Full stealth is going to require some work. Even the crustaceans have trouble avoiding the worms though they have a mineral the worms like to avoid - but it only keeps them out of an area if they don't sense anything in the area.


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

Arlo feels uneasy as he levitates from the ground. He visibly dislikes it, but it's better than alerting the worms to their presence.


Human | Resource Tracker | Shaman 14 | HP 116 / 116 | AC 24; 12tch 24ff | +12fort +9ref +21will |
Spoiler:
Bluff +19 | Dip +22 | Heal + 15 | Kn: Arc +18 | Kn: Hist +17 | Kn: Nat +20 | Kn: Pla +21 | Kn: Rel +21 | Perc +25 | SMotive +28 | Splcraft +21 | UMD +19

"Right now I can only make myself fly, but if there's time I could potentially make many dozens fly for a short period." replied Azzim.

He thought for a moment before pointing out, "Flight might not be enough you know. If the traders are paranoid, which they should be, they'll have left guardians and latent magics. At the very least we'd want mass invisibility and perhaps something to mask sounds..."


M Pseudodragon Unchained Rogue (Counterfeit Mage) 10 Hedgewitch 2 | HP 102/102 | AC: 30 T: 23 Fl: 22 | CMB: +15 CMD: 29 | F +11 R +22 W +14 | Init +7 | Perc: +18, Blindsense 60' | SR 24 | Spell Points: 16/16 | Inspiration 4/4 | Guile 2/4 | Current Effects:

We probably won't be able to cover a large force with all that... Terexaltherin adds. Can we communicate long-distance? Let the rest of them know when we've started our attack, then they can attack aboveground? I wish we had more info, though, I don't like the idea of doing this with so little intel. But yeah, if we can mask sounds that would help a lot. Invisibility would probably only be important once we got close.


Female Statue | HP 95/95 | AC: 32 T: 18 Fl: 28 | CMB: +5 CMD: 23 | F +11 R +13 W +13 | Init +0 | Perc: +0, Magic +26 | Spell Points: 27/37 | Arcane Resevoir 4/6 | Invocations 9/9 | Create +16 DC 28 Small Items 19 (950 gp alchemical = 1 small) Craft +12

At the mention of flight comes up, from Bella's back comes a pair of clockwork wings that foundation ally clash with her appearance, as the wall she summoned vanishes as she drops concentration.

"I am... Not good at flight. But I can do it."

She turns to them, "I don't know how much I can help- I might be able to whip something up, but something against magic... It's hard to make that, and it's hard to replicate stuff against it. I'd need time to figure out how."

She then turns to the allies, and she pauses. She begins to wonder if she could perhaps replicate the design of the gun- Maybe simpler. Like... Putting it in a tube. A tube with an explosion. An exploding tube. Surely someone thought of that.

Through Gifts telepathy, she prods her "Can you tell me if you know of any exploding tubes to launch things exist? I think it would help them a lot, but I don't know how I'd make them."

She stands up, and turns to the crustrations- "When my old Mistress was hunting those who reached out to the mind, she wore armor made out of some dark glass. What I make can be a bit more fragile, and I'll have to make them per person, but I might be able to make them for you. I can't guarantee it'll work, but it can help. I can also create some older styles of weapons, but anything more advanced I'd need something to reference to try to re-create. We have people to train you, and plans to make. With coordination, we will cut the head off this hydra and save our lives."

[OoC]She's planning on creating shadowstuff armor, mimicking Voidglass, for the army to use in battle. Presuming it's as heavy armor, this will grant them all +3 bonus to saves vs mind-effecting[OoC]


I will wait and let the plan for how to attack the Dark Traders coalesce a bit further... In the fort, there are several hundred Juju zombies, a dozen Traders (lich-equivalents) and you think some other stuff. The fort manages the process of transferring weapons and soldiers up to the Sarmidal's plane and the mining materials that are taken to a lower level...


So, as the party plans various methods to go through the worm tunnels, the Sarmidal aid by retrieving some "muffle tarps" from a nearby dimension and using these, you are able move both yourselves and your crustacean allies close to the fort being used by the Traders. The fort itself has it's inner walls removed to serve as a staging area.

The traders are occupied in moving supplies into and out of the black lake with different traders going into and out the lake in that time. By waiting a day or so, you find a moment where there are only one trader, twenty zombies and shadow dragon (adult) are present at the fort...

Your allies are ready with some crude but working guns (cannon) created by Bella...

Rough map of area. The dragon, trader and zombies could be anywhere in area. You entrance is the tunnel marked by dots. Area at the bottom is the Black Lake itself.


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

The dwarf paladin draws The Arlosword, and cautiously enters just inside the cave entrance.
Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38


Gift Elan-Psion [AC 31/35^ TAC21/26^ FF--] CMD 21/+7CMB|F+12/20* R+15/23* W+19/27*|HP85/85|Init+4|Per+30|SM+20|PP/30/240|360, 60' Touchsight+Danger Sense
Bella The Gift wrote:

Through Gifts telepathy, she prods her "Can you tell me if you know of any exploding tubes to launch things exist? I think it would help them a lot, but I don't know how I'd make them."

Gift pulls her Bella to a place out of time.

That stand on a battle field ahead is an old style stone keep, below an army seging it. 4 men in medieval amor are lifing a stone ball into a round bell like object dug into the ground and supported by a wooden frame. place the ball on the lip. Two more men at arms came and drip tip bukets of black powder into the bell like object.

All of the pay no heed to Gift and Bella.

"This is an early mortar, cast in Bronze and supported by rings of steel. The black powder is simple to make."

She holds her hand out and the formula somes into being in the air.

The 4 men drop the stone ball in and back away. One of the loaders comes up to the mortar and lights a rope fuse.

"The trick is not the making its the use. To much powder."

The mortor next to them blows up, and time then rewinds.

"Too little"

The mortor booms but the stone wall dose not go over the keep wall. Time rewinds.

"You have got to get the elevation, the powder and the loading just right."

The Mortor booms and the ball gose over the keep wall. Then men at arms jump about happy but very little change.

"Last of all you have to hit something of use. That just hit a pig sty"

Back to real time.

::"they will need training, but I can send you some plans."::


Female Statue | HP 95/95 | AC: 32 T: 18 Fl: 28 | CMB: +5 CMD: 23 | F +11 R +13 W +13 | Init +0 | Perc: +0, Magic +26 | Spell Points: 27/37 | Arcane Resevoir 4/6 | Invocations 9/9 | Create +16 DC 28 Small Items 19 (950 gp alchemical = 1 small) Craft +12

The mindscape pulls Bella out of her body in a timeless moment- In which, the artifice of herself becomes apparent, the life leaving her body as her whole leaks into the mindscape.

The soldiers create the cannons, as in the mindscape Bella reaches, the marks in her porceline skin clearer, unfolding from the seams of her joints. For a moment, as she runs her hands across it, you can almost swear the unearthly marking at the edges of her skin reach into the items shadow, as she quietly sings as it explodes, sings as it thuds, and sings as it fires. There's a quiet whisper of "I understand." before her soul crashes once more in her body, blinking at the out of body experience ends.

"Oh! Thank you- That'll be perfect!"

Craft (Artillery): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Craft (Armor): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

As they make their way through the caves and arrive to fight, Stella quietly scans the area as well as she can, creating a duplicating set of holy water for any familiars who wish to do battle, and preparing herself for the battle ahead, listening for any magic that might sing in the area ahead

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Spellcraft on magic within 60 feet: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (7) + 26 = 33


Human | Resource Tracker | Shaman 14 | HP 116 / 116 | AC 24; 12tch 24ff | +12fort +9ref +21will |
Spoiler:
Bluff +19 | Dip +22 | Heal + 15 | Kn: Arc +18 | Kn: Hist +17 | Kn: Nat +20 | Kn: Pla +21 | Kn: Rel +21 | Perc +25 | SMotive +28 | Splcraft +21 | UMD +19

Azzim considered what little he new about Shadow dragons.

Kn: Arcarna: Shadow dragon.: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 Ideally special abilities, but it's possible he didn't roll high enough.

Earlier he'd prepared several powerful spells spells, the to make a group fly. Azzim reckoned he could take fourteen people with him. The other spell could make even a small army invisible, assuming they stayed together.

He's prepared Mass fly and Mass invisibility.

I'd thought mass flight was lower level, looks like Azzim can't take many dozens with him. He can cast a couple of lvl 3 fly spells too though.


Mass invisibility allows the crustaceans to transport their group, several hundred to within 80' of the fort along with the weapons Bella has constructed - any closer would trigger the undead's life sense.

Armed with several large cannons and many small arms, they're ready to obliterate everything between the fort and the lake (8 eight zombies and a Dark Trader overseer). But fort itself is powerfully built and might well survive this level of assault (it's frame appears to be admantite reinforced and magically strengthened). Inside the fort at the moment are only the umbral dragon and four zombie clerks along with supplies who's nature you're not sure of. Dealing with the dragon and allies will likely be the job of the PCs alone since the crustaceans would be devastated if it breathed negative energy on them. The party and your allies are poised to act...

(The shadowy dragon is technically called an umbral Dragon - Azzim can't determine if its an unusual subtype but he's aware of that dragon type's basic characteristics as described by common lore books.)

Note you've waited for a time when the Traders have many fewer than normal personnel than usual. You likely face more enemies coming from the lake if you eliminate the group here. Let me know me know how you want to deal with the inside of the fort...


M Pseudodragon Unchained Rogue (Counterfeit Mage) 10 Hedgewitch 2 | HP 102/102 | AC: 30 T: 23 Fl: 22 | CMB: +15 CMD: 29 | F +11 R +22 W +14 | Init +7 | Perc: +18, Blindsense 60' | SR 24 | Spell Points: 16/16 | Inspiration 4/4 | Guile 2/4 | Current Effects:

Terexaltherin doesn't like the waiting, but he knows it's important not to charge out unprepared. Today seems like their best opportunity, however.

Hmmm... if our group invisibly fly over the walls, we could engage the dragon quickly without it having much time to prepare for us. Once we have its attention, the rest of you, he indicates the Sarmidal and the 'crustaceans', Could pour out and destroy the Dark Ones in the open. Though maybe one of us should stick with that group to help with the overseer--they're dangerous. Once we've cleared out the forces here we can move the cannons to the fortress walls overlooking the lake to prepare to fight their reinforcements.


More details: The various party members have either come through the tunnels to an area underneath the fort or come invisibly to 80' outside the fort (see map). The Umbral Dragon is in the top right corner of the fort, sucking on a crustacean arm and breathing black fog in and out. Zombie clerks keeping records at several desks. You would either basically jump up through the floor and attack the dragon and the clerks (and see what else happens). Or you can be with the crustacean's assault on the outside. For the guns Bella has crafted (and the crustacean have improved, being crafty types), roll 30D6 area effect (DC 25 to seek cover) plus whatever damage you do... Let me know what you do, what route you takes, etc.


And other plans are possible also, of course...


Female Statue | HP 95/95 | AC: 32 T: 18 Fl: 28 | CMB: +5 CMD: 23 | F +11 R +13 W +13 | Init +0 | Perc: +0, Magic +26 | Spell Points: 27/37 | Arcane Resevoir 4/6 | Invocations 9/9 | Create +16 DC 28 Small Items 19 (950 gp alchemical = 1 small) Craft +12

Stella gazed out at the army, quietly parsing and thinking about what steps to take- Quietly ruminating on things.

"My recommendation is to kill the dragon first- Once that's done, we can handle more stuff. I can drop a boulder and hopefully stomp on a lot of them, the walls won't be taken down but should hopefully keep the dragon on the ground for us to beat it up. After that, we can build some stuff up to hopefully let the people here stand up and stop an assault while we're going deeper."


M Pseudodragon Unchained Rogue (Counterfeit Mage) 10 Hedgewitch 2 | HP 102/102 | AC: 30 T: 23 Fl: 22 | CMB: +15 CMD: 29 | F +11 R +22 W +14 | Init +7 | Perc: +18, Blindsense 60' | SR 24 | Spell Points: 16/16 | Inspiration 4/4 | Guile 2/4 | Current Effects:

Terex has stated his idea.


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

Arlo nods. ::Just let me at the Dragon! Invisible or no!::


Arlo charges out of the tunnel and attacks the lounging Shadow Dragon as the zombie clerks shout for order... the dragon hisses and misses it's attack of opportunity. Roll to hit, assume anyone who wants to be is attacking the dragon, otherwise you can attack the overseer and the fifteen zombie soldier/longshore workers. Remember to magic resistance for spells against the dragon... Meanwhile, the group outside waiting for further supplies from the Black Lake is unaware ... so far.


Male Dwarf|HP: 123/123|DR 3/-|AC: 25 (12 Tch, 24 Fl)||CMB: +15, CMD: 27|F: +14, R: +10, W: +12|Init: +2|Smite evil +4, +14 to damage, +4 deflection bonus to AC, 4x/day|Retribution (Su) 7x/day Paladin (Tortured Crusader)/10th/Godling (mighty)/3rd|Speed 20ft (20ft)|Lay on Hands 8/8x/day, 5d6

Arlo targets the dragon for his smite evil ability.
The Arloswsord: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
Dmg.: 1d8 + 4 + 4d6 + 56 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1, 5, 1, 4) + 56 = 73

The Arloswsord: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Dmg.: 1d8 + 4 + 4d6 + 56 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (6, 2, 3, 2) + 56 = 81

The Arloswsord: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Dmg.: 1d8 + 4 + 4d6 + 56 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (4, 5, 2, 6) + 56 = 85


Gift Elan-Psion [AC 31/35^ TAC21/26^ FF--] CMD 21/+7CMB|F+12/20* R+15/23* W+19/27*|HP85/85|Init+4|Per+30|SM+20|PP/30/240|360, 60' Touchsight+Danger Sense

Gift look on at the coming battle. Power builds around her as she gets herself ready.

::"I will need a couple of moments to get ready. I will over areal bombardment support, what ever you do, do not come near where I hit. Tell every one keep away."::

Then she is in the air as waves of force arch out from Gift,

IMAGE HERE

building and building, then all hell brakes lose as thundering into locations around the fortification and battle filed. Orbs of force come into being. The very ground shatters as her power mash everything in the area with waves of pour force. After a few rounds the sound is deafening as booms avter boom force coevals out shattering and crush.

FORCE POWER SHE HITS THE BATTLE FILED WITH:

concussive-onslaught

[14r 3d6 5pp+4pp+2pp+2pp = 13pp each instance. Maximize Power [Metapsionic], Extended power, 24 rounds. 4x6x24 Force DMG Area 30r range 920']

10x Instances doing 576 DMG 60' area force DMG Fort for 1/2 over 24 rounds.

She will target key and choke points

That is 5760 points of Force DMG over 10 places on the battle field over 24 rounds.
130 PP used. If the fortification pust up a fight she will makes out the CL to 32 to get puts its defences. She will punch a whole in it V empowered disintegration, Less DMG for that instance by 1/2 force but add 22d6 Disintegration CL 32


M Pseudodragon Unchained Rogue (Counterfeit Mage) 10 Hedgewitch 2 | HP 102/102 | AC: 30 T: 23 Fl: 22 | CMB: +15 CMD: 29 | F +11 R +22 W +14 | Init +7 | Perc: +18, Blindsense 60' | SR 24 | Spell Points: 16/16 | Inspiration 4/4 | Guile 2/4 | Current Effects:

While the others fight, Terexaltherin tries to slip past (staying out of the dragon's lifesense range) in the confusion and get a look at the papers the clerks were working on... especially any that they might be trying to destroy to keep out of their hands.

Stealth: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (10) + 37 = 47


Human | Resource Tracker | Shaman 14 | HP 116 / 116 | AC 24; 12tch 24ff | +12fort +9ref +21will |
Spoiler:
Bluff +19 | Dip +22 | Heal + 15 | Kn: Arc +18 | Kn: Hist +17 | Kn: Nat +20 | Kn: Pla +21 | Kn: Rel +21 | Perc +25 | SMotive +28 | Splcraft +21 | UMD +19

Laurana poked her head out of one of Azzim's pockets and she started to sing which completed a spell Azzim had started earlier. Suddenly you are hit by a wave of adrenaline!

she's casing Familiar Blessing of Fervor.

Azzim wanted to protect everyone from the shadow dragon's breath weapon, but it was negative energy not elemental damage so his memorised protection spells were of no use. So instead he went on the offensive and he cast once again the mighty Jatambe's Ire spell. Suddenly the battlefield is transformed once again as a forest of vines as strong as iron erupt from the ground, snaking out to attack the undead and also the structure damaged by Gift's frighteningly powerful force explosion!

Wall of dice rolls:

Dragon: Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 13 = 39Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 3) + 13 = 25
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 13 = 30Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 6) + 13 = 31
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 13 = 28Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6, 1, 6) + 13 = 27
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 13 = 32Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 4) + 13 = 23
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 13 = 36Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 5) + 13 = 31
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 13 = 41Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 3) + 13 = 27
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 13 = 42Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 1, 2, 3) + 13 = 24
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 13 = 39Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 5) + 13 = 34
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 13 = 43Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 3) + 13 = 25
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 13 = 30Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 1, 5, 5) + 13 = 29
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 13 = 41Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 6) + 13 = 33
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 13 = 43Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 6) + 13 = 33
Grapple?: 1d20 + 14 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 13 = 41Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 6) + 13 = 25

6,201 to 6,224 of 6,224 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arrival at the city of Ovium (Chapter 1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.