GM Qstor's PFS 10-17 On Sevenfingers's Sails (Full)

Game Master Qstor

PFS legal PCs only

maps and slides


51 to 100 of 249 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The portal opens and the party jumps through. They see an eerie red light illuminates the small room. There's a set of stairs leading down a pool.

on slide 2

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric (Herald Caller) 11 Resist Energy (Fire), Heroism, Shield of Faith, Mage Armor, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Fallback Strategy, Deadeye Lore, Defending Bone, Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Blood Boiling Pill, Shield (+1 Profane) |HP 91/91|AC 28 T 15 FF 28 Incorporeal AC 19|DR 5/Blud|CMB +8 CMD 16 +1 vs Grapple|F +14 R +8 W +19 +2 vs cold Resist Fire 30|INIT +15|PER +25|SM+13|40'|Immune to poison
Daily Resources:
Pearl of Power 1st 3/3, Four Leaf Clover 3/3, Heroism 0/1, Quick Runner Shirt 1/1, Re-roll 1/1, Channel 7/8, Copy Cat 8/9, Veil 9/9 | Spells 1st 2/7 2nd 5/7 3rd 4/6 4th 3/5 5th 4/4 6th 3/3

Helgar looks around not quite believing that he is here again.

"Alright we are actually here. I will need a moment or two."

Buffing:

1)Heroism (60 minutes) - Battle Pennon
2)Rags to Riches (110 minutes) Shield and Armor
3)Air Walk (110 minutes)
4)Shield of Faith with anointing oil (12 minutes)
5)Activate wand of Heightened Awareness (10 minutes)

Helgar will activate Heightened Awareness during every combat and it is calculated into his initiative.

@GM Qstor - How high is the ceiling in the next room?

Dark Archive

Male CG Elf (Mordant Spire) Wizard (Evoker-Admixture) 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Enchantments | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 0-4/4; 1-5/6+1; 2-5/5+1; 3-4/4+1; 4-3/3+1 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor

Oberon activates the light spell on his wayfinder and uses his wand to cast mage armor on Persephone and himself, before they step through the portal. (35 charges remaining)

On the other side, the elf looks around the small room bathed in eerie red light and peers down the descending stairs toward the pool. Then he casts a cantrip, looking for magical auras.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Oberon della Strega wrote:
On the other side, the elf looks around the small room bathed in eerie red light and peers down the descending stairs toward the pool. Then he casts a cantrip, looking for magical auras.

you detect illusion magic

Dark Archive

Male CG Elf (Mordant Spire) Wizard (Evoker-Admixture) 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Enchantments | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 0-4/4; 1-5/6+1; 2-5/5+1; 3-4/4+1; 4-3/3+1 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor

Knowledge (arcana) to identify a spell effect that is in place DC20 + spell level: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
"Hmmm," Oberon muses at the top of the stairs. "I detect an aura of illusion over there." He points. (What? Where?)

"I think I might be able to identify the effect. It's ___________."

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Harrow frowns at the illusion. "This fake over here? Not real?"

perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Grand Lodge

HP 86/86 | AC 24 TAC 16 FF 21 19 (fortification 25%) | CMD 25 | F +11 R +15 W +9 [immune poison] (evasion,+4 vs. sonic and language effects) | (Sing: 25/26 Ex: 1/3 LM: 1/1 L1: 5/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 2/4 L4: 2/2)|Ini +6 | Senses +11
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+17,Appraise+0,Climb+6,Diplo+17,Disguis+8,Escap+9,H.anim al+11,Arc+9,Dung+9,Eng+9,His+9,Local+9,Nat+9,Nob+9,Pla+9,Rel+9,Ling+6,Sing+ 17,Dance+11,S.Motives+17,SoHand+9,Spell+8,Stealth+9,UMD+17
Female Human Bard 10 | heroism 200 min

As they emerge in a new area only light by the red brightness, Pandora moves a hand and creates a group of dancing lights that she moves forward into the back of the next room, so they can completely observe the pool and the door at its back.

"Mmmm... illusion you say? I fear that might mean there as a discontinuity on the walkway concealed with some kind of illusion" the woman points at the thin stone bridge that connects their room with the door at the other side.

Pandora makes more arcane gestures and casts heroism on herself using her rod for extended duration.

"If I am right we should advance cautiously. If we can locate the placement of the illusion auras we might be able to jump over" the woman advances to the edge of the walkway and hits it with the tip of her bow trying to determine if it is safe.

Concealed disbelief roll for the GM:

Will+HR (disbelief): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Ranger/1 Inquisitor/8 (Tot Lvl 9) | Init +14 | AC 15 tch 12, ff 13 | HP 77 | Fort +13 Ref +9 Will +16

If there's enough room at the top of the stairs, Hubbub moves next to Oberon. Whilst the elf attempts to disbelieve the illusion, Hubbub does a quick scan of the immediate area by casting sift.

Perception for Sift: 1d20 + 17 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 17 - 5 = 16 (+2 more for unusual stonework)


M Efreeti Lord of All He Surveys 10 (HP 79/85; AC 33 / T 11 / FF 31 ; F +11, R +6, W +8; Init +2, Perception +11, Darkvision 60') [dice=Power Attack]1d20+19[/dice] [dice=Slashing dmg]3d6+26[/dice] [dice=Fire dmg]1d6[/dice]

Husarq stands in the glow of the red light, looking about.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"What do you see, mortals?" he asks as he slowly slides Al-Saif from his back sheath. Red flame, nearly black in the ambient glow, ripples across the blade of the massive efreet great scimitar. "What about your eyes, Hakim-Sharif? Do they reveal anything?"

Hakim the janni looks about, his own blade bare.

Janni Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

You have to move up to see the illusion

@Oberon it's coming from the ceiling of the next room

From Pandora's lights, she can see that the next room has a walkway and both sides are covered by water.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Ranger/1 Inquisitor/8 (Tot Lvl 9) | Init +14 | AC 15 tch 12, ff 13 | HP 77 | Fort +13 Ref +9 Will +16
Husarq wrote:
"What do you see, mortals?"

"Not much," Hubbub replies as he steps back to carve a glyph with his blade in order to mark the party's progress.

Dark Archive

Male CG Elf (Mordant Spire) Wizard (Evoker-Admixture) 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Enchantments | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 0-4/4; 1-5/6+1; 2-5/5+1; 3-4/4+1; 4-3/3+1 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor

"Friends, if we get a little closer, I can identify the illusion on the ceiling of the chamber ahead," Oberon says. "So, if one or more of you would please lead the way... "

(Having detected the illusion and rolled the Knowledge check, is there anything else Oberon should do?)

Grand Lodge

HP 86/86 | AC 24 TAC 16 FF 21 19 (fortification 25%) | CMD 25 | F +11 R +15 W +9 [immune poison] (evasion,+4 vs. sonic and language effects) | (Sing: 25/26 Ex: 1/3 LM: 1/1 L1: 5/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 2/4 L4: 2/2)|Ini +6 | Senses +11
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+17,Appraise+0,Climb+6,Diplo+17,Disguis+8,Escap+9,H.anim al+11,Arc+9,Dung+9,Eng+9,His+9,Local+9,Nat+9,Nob+9,Pla+9,Rel+9,Ling+6,Sing+ 17,Dance+11,S.Motives+17,SoHand+9,Spell+8,Stealth+9,UMD+17
Female Human Bard 10 | heroism 200 min

Pandora advances to the edge of the walkway and hits it with the tip of her bow trying to determine if it is real.

Concealed disbelief roll for the GM:

Will+HR (disbelief): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

With a tap of her bow, Pandora sees that the walkway is solid. Looking up she sees that the night sky "appears" on the ceiling.

Pandora:
If you headed down it. I'll need a Reflex save or Acrobatics check cause it's covered in gunk and water

Grand Lodge

HP 86/86 | AC 24 TAC 16 FF 21 19 (fortification 25%) | CMD 25 | F +11 R +15 W +9 [immune poison] (evasion,+4 vs. sonic and language effects) | (Sing: 25/26 Ex: 1/3 LM: 1/1 L1: 5/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 2/4 L4: 2/2)|Ini +6 | Senses +11
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+17,Appraise+0,Climb+6,Diplo+17,Disguis+8,Escap+9,H.anim al+11,Arc+9,Dung+9,Eng+9,His+9,Local+9,Nat+9,Nob+9,Pla+9,Rel+9,Ling+6,Sing+ 17,Dance+11,S.Motives+17,SoHand+9,Spell+8,Stealth+9,UMD+17
Female Human Bard 10 | heroism 200 min

Assuming Oberon magic knowledge does not unveil anything that warn Pandora to avoid crossing the walkway she ventures in "I will take your doubts as gentlemanliness rather than pure cowardice" the woman laughs at the men pilling back behind her and advances, hitting the walkway with her bow before every step forward "Ladies first then!"

Ref+HR: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 2 = 27

I have moved her token to 1/4 of the way, assuming nothing happens she will keep going forward cautiously


M Efreeti Lord of All He Surveys 10 (HP 79/85; AC 33 / T 11 / FF 31 ; F +11, R +6, W +8; Init +2, Perception +11, Darkvision 60') [dice=Power Attack]1d20+19[/dice] [dice=Slashing dmg]3d6+26[/dice] [dice=Fire dmg]1d6[/dice]
Pandora Soulkeeper wrote:
"Ladies first then!"

"No, mortal. I shall go first," intones Husarq, flying forwards. "Hakim-Sharif, follow!"

The janni accompanies Husarq, flying forwards, his feet not touching the walkway.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Harrow looks at Husarq. "Harrow not know what a mortel is, but he can go first too."

The half-orc readies his weapon and proceeds shoulder-to-shoulder with Husarq.

perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18


M Efreeti Lord of All He Surveys 10 (HP 79/85; AC 33 / T 11 / FF 31 ; F +11, R +6, W +8; Init +2, Perception +11, Darkvision 60') [dice=Power Attack]1d20+19[/dice] [dice=Slashing dmg]3d6+26[/dice] [dice=Fire dmg]1d6[/dice]
Harrow Tatterhood wrote:

Harrow looks at Husarq. "Harrow not know what a mortel is, but he can go first too."

The half-orc readies his weapon and proceeds shoulder-to-shoulder with Husarq.

[dice=perception]1d20+16

Husarq is flying.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric (Herald Caller) 11 Resist Energy (Fire), Heroism, Shield of Faith, Mage Armor, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Fallback Strategy, Deadeye Lore, Defending Bone, Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Blood Boiling Pill, Shield (+1 Profane) |HP 91/91|AC 28 T 15 FF 28 Incorporeal AC 19|DR 5/Blud|CMB +8 CMD 16 +1 vs Grapple|F +14 R +8 W +19 +2 vs cold Resist Fire 30|INIT +15|PER +25|SM+13|40'|Immune to poison
Daily Resources:
Pearl of Power 1st 3/3, Four Leaf Clover 3/3, Heroism 0/1, Quick Runner Shirt 1/1, Re-roll 1/1, Channel 7/8, Copy Cat 8/9, Veil 9/9 | Spells 1st 2/7 2nd 5/7 3rd 4/6 4th 3/5 5th 4/4 6th 3/3

Helgar begins to move as if climbing up an invisible staircase (Air Walk). He moves cautiously forward gaining a bit of altitude along the way. He quips back at Pandora with a smile and a wink.

"I can not speak for the others but I like the view better from this vantage point. A lady in the lead has its advantages."

How high up is the ceiling in here for flyers and air walkers?
If possible he moves 20' East with an elevation of 15'.

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Ranger/1 Inquisitor/8 (Tot Lvl 9) | Init +14 | AC 15 tch 12, ff 13 | HP 77 | Fort +13 Ref +9 Will +16
Harrow Tatterhood wrote:
"Harrow not know what a mortel is, but he can go first too."

The equally brilliant Hubbub suggests: "Let's all go first, one after the other! Praise Desna!"

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric (Herald Caller) 11 Resist Energy (Fire), Heroism, Shield of Faith, Mage Armor, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Fallback Strategy, Deadeye Lore, Defending Bone, Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Blood Boiling Pill, Shield (+1 Profane) |HP 91/91|AC 28 T 15 FF 28 Incorporeal AC 19|DR 5/Blud|CMB +8 CMD 16 +1 vs Grapple|F +14 R +8 W +19 +2 vs cold Resist Fire 30|INIT +15|PER +25|SM+13|40'|Immune to poison
Daily Resources:
Pearl of Power 1st 3/3, Four Leaf Clover 3/3, Heroism 0/1, Quick Runner Shirt 1/1, Re-roll 1/1, Channel 7/8, Copy Cat 8/9, Veil 9/9 | Spells 1st 2/7 2nd 5/7 3rd 4/6 4th 3/5 5th 4/4 6th 3/3

Helgar decides to play the straight-man replying to Uncle Hubbub in a deadpan fashion.

"Great idea. Let us do that."

Bluff: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Dark Archive

Male CG Elf (Mordant Spire) Wizard (Evoker-Admixture) 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Enchantments | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 0-4/4; 1-5/6+1; 2-5/5+1; 3-4/4+1; 4-3/3+1 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor

"The ceiling must be almost 60ft high," Oberon informs the team. "The illusion I detected is just at the range of my spell. I'm trying to figure out the type of spell effect."

(Rolled a 32 Knowledge (arcana) vs DC20+spell level.)

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Harrow watches as Husarq flies with envy. "How he flying? That new, and Harrow want to fly too."

Turning his attention back to the room, he continues working his way forward carefully.

I'll continue forward until I reach the other side of the room.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

As soon as Pandora steps out onto the walkway, a creature with wrinkled stone and coral, bits of plant life clinging to its creased body and clawlike hands, jumps out of the water.

It swipes at her.

claw: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

1 bleed

Damage 11 - Pandora

Combat - party is up!

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric (Herald Caller) 11 Resist Energy (Fire), Heroism, Shield of Faith, Mage Armor, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Fallback Strategy, Deadeye Lore, Defending Bone, Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Blood Boiling Pill, Shield (+1 Profane) |HP 91/91|AC 28 T 15 FF 28 Incorporeal AC 19|DR 5/Blud|CMB +8 CMD 16 +1 vs Grapple|F +14 R +8 W +19 +2 vs cold Resist Fire 30|INIT +15|PER +25|SM+13|40'|Immune to poison
Daily Resources:
Pearl of Power 1st 3/3, Four Leaf Clover 3/3, Heroism 0/1, Quick Runner Shirt 1/1, Re-roll 1/1, Channel 7/8, Copy Cat 8/9, Veil 9/9 | Spells 1st 2/7 2nd 5/7 3rd 4/6 4th 3/5 5th 4/4 6th 3/3

Helgar looks at this creature to determine its strengths and weaknesses.

k-Arcana,Heroism,Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 24

Helgar's familiar Tom has a look as well before retreating into his familiar sachel.

k-Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

As Helgar sees Harrow move forward he decides to act now. He climbs further up in the air above the creature and calls upon the energies of Dispater to smite his enemies.

Daze Channel excluding Harrow and Pandora. His familiar has total cover now and the rest of the party is out of range. Will DC 23 or suffer the daze condition for 1 round. This is not mind-affecting. A successful save does not half the damage.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 4) = 13

If K-Arcana of Helgar reveals that this monster is a construct and thus immune to his channel then Helgar will re-do his action.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Harrow also tries to determine what this monstrosity is, but Ragathiel reveals to him no such thing.

Charging onto the platform, he attempts to impale it with his polearm.

"Out of Harrow's way!" he exclaims.

knowledge (arcana, dungeoneering, local, planes, religion): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
+1 cruel keen nodachi (adamantine)(power attack, furious focus, cornugon smash): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 311d10 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
if hits, free intimidate check to demoralize: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (3) + 34 = 37
CRIT?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 231d10 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 If crit, 39 dmg


M Efreeti Lord of All He Surveys 10 (HP 79/85; AC 33 / T 11 / FF 31 ; F +11, R +6, W +8; Init +2, Perception +11, Darkvision 60') [dice=Power Attack]1d20+19[/dice] [dice=Slashing dmg]3d6+26[/dice] [dice=Fire dmg]1d6[/dice]

Husarq, flying above the walkway, reaches forth with his great scimitar, slashing at the thing.

"Ah, a wild creature to act as prey on our little monster hunt!" he cries with joy.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27 Slashing dmg: 3d6 + 26 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) + 26 = 37 Fire dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Hakim-Sharif, what are you doing over there, when there is blood to be shed and prey to be slaughtered?"

His "efreeti great scimitar" is also known as a "greatsword" in Common. But no efreeti would deign to call their sword something so mundane.


Hakim-Sharif (Janni) (HP 76/76; AC 20 / T 16 / FF 17; DR 3/-; F +13, R +11, W +5; Perception +11, low light vision, Darkvision 60')
Husarq wrote:
"Hakim-Sharif, what are you doing over there, when there is blood to be shed and prey to be slaughtered?"

"M'lord, I am struck immobile by your combat prowess," he responds, from where he hovers behind Husarq. "And I believe your compatriots would like this opportunity to prove their mettle and worthiness to be in your amazing company!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Summoner 10 (HP63/63; AC 20 / T 12 / FF 18; DR5 (fire); F +4, R +5, W +7; Init +2, Perception +0, Diplomacy +18, Kn(a, pl) +13, Darkvision 60')

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Mareq stares at the thing that has erupted from the water.

A crustacean of some sort, clearly. he thinks.

"I am not sure what it is, oh My Master."

Silver Crusade

Male Dwarf Ranger/1 Inquisitor/8 (Tot Lvl 9) | Init +14 | AC 15 tch 12, ff 13 | HP 77 | Fort +13 Ref +9 Will +16

Round 1

Given the crowded field ahead, Hubbub will:

- Move action: stow adamantine elven curve blade
- Move action: draw longbow
- Non-action: 5-foot-step forward
- Free action: "That ain't no elf! Desna guide my hand!"

Dark Archive

Male CG Elf (Mordant Spire) Wizard (Evoker-Admixture) 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Enchantments | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 0-4/4; 1-5/6+1; 2-5/5+1; 3-4/4+1; 4-3/3+1 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28
"It's a _____________________. Its resistances include ________________."

(Delay until the results of the Knowledge checks are revealed.)

(Any feedback on that earlier Knowledge check re the illusion?)


CG Female Lyrakien Azata familiar (sage) | HP 29/29 | AC 28 / 17 T / 20 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic constant; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 15) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Init +8 | Conditions: truespeech, freedom of movement, mage armor, shield

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
"And it's most and least resilient in terms of _______________." (Best and worst saves, please.)

(Delay until the results of the Knowledge checks are revealed.)


Hakim-Sharif (Janni) (HP 76/76; AC 20 / T 16 / FF 17; DR 3/-; F +13, R +11, W +5; Perception +11, low light vision, Darkvision 60')

"Lord Husarq," says Hakim-Sharif to the efreeti. "I am needed elsewhere urgently. I do apologize for not being able to witness what will be, surely, another of your amazing victories. I shall return as soon as I am allowed."

With that, the janni winks at Mareq, saying telepathically and ominously, Good luck, ifrit. You shall certainly need it.

And he vanishes. To where, Mareq knows not.

Grand Lodge

HP 86/86 | AC 24 TAC 16 FF 21 19 (fortification 25%) | CMD 25 | F +11 R +15 W +9 [immune poison] (evasion,+4 vs. sonic and language effects) | (Sing: 25/26 Ex: 1/3 LM: 1/1 L1: 5/6 L2: 4/5 L3: 2/4 L4: 2/2)|Ini +6 | Senses +11
Skills:
Acrobatics+11,Bluff+17,Appraise+0,Climb+6,Diplo+17,Disguis+8,Escap+9,H.anim al+11,Arc+9,Dung+9,Eng+9,His+9,Local+9,Nat+9,Nob+9,Pla+9,Rel+9,Ling+6,Sing+ 17,Dance+11,S.Motives+17,SoHand+9,Spell+8,Stealth+9,UMD+17
Female Human Bard 10 | heroism 200 min

Bardic Knowledge to identify the creature+HR: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27
"Ouch!" Pandora looks surprised at the strange creature made of stone and coral "Well... it was too easy otherwise"

Concentration (cast defensively) DC 17: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
With an arcane gesture of power the woman vanishes out of sight. Then profiting of her invisibility she moves forward and out of peril, pretty sure the group will do a slaughter of the creature.

HP 75/86 | AC 24 TAC 16
Invisible until 6th round

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

the party realizes the creature is a coral golem - DR 10/adamantine; Immune construct traits, magic, special attacks causes bleed damage

Harrow's attack misses, while Husarq hits and Pandora goes invisible.

Dark Archive

Male CG Elf (Mordant Spire) Wizard (Evoker-Admixture) 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Enchantments | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 0-4/4; 1-5/6+1; 2-5/5+1; 3-4/4+1; 4-3/3+1 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor

"It's a coral golem, friends. Adamantine weapons will be most effective against the contstruct's tough exterior. The wounds caused by the slams of its jagged fists will continue to bleed." Oberon growls, frustrated. "The coral golem is also immune to magic."

He draws a wand of shield from his handy haversack and activates it. (45 charges remaining)


CG Female Lyrakien Azata familiar (sage) | HP 29/29 | AC 28 / 17 T / 20 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic constant; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 15) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Init +8 | Conditions: truespeech, freedom of movement, mage armor, shield

UMD DC20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Persephone grabs the wand from Oberon and tries to activate it on herself. The lyrakien echoes Oberon's growl of frustration.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric (Herald Caller) 11 Resist Energy (Fire), Heroism, Shield of Faith, Mage Armor, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Fallback Strategy, Deadeye Lore, Defending Bone, Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Blood Boiling Pill, Shield (+1 Profane) |HP 91/91|AC 28 T 15 FF 28 Incorporeal AC 19|DR 5/Blud|CMB +8 CMD 16 +1 vs Grapple|F +14 R +8 W +19 +2 vs cold Resist Fire 30|INIT +15|PER +25|SM+13|40'|Immune to poison
Daily Resources:
Pearl of Power 1st 3/3, Four Leaf Clover 3/3, Heroism 0/1, Quick Runner Shirt 1/1, Re-roll 1/1, Channel 7/8, Copy Cat 8/9, Veil 9/9 | Spells 1st 2/7 2nd 5/7 3rd 4/6 4th 3/5 5th 4/4 6th 3/3

Helgar is going to re-do his actions for the first turn as I stated at the bottom of my last post. His knowledge check confirms that the monster is a construct and thus immune to negative channeling.

Helgar climbs up to 25 feet above the water before summoning a pack of Lemures to distract the construct.

Superior Summoning, Sacred Summoning (standard action), Augmented Summoning: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Helgar speaks to the creatures in a language only understood by himself and the diminutive Azata. The devil next to Harrow attempts to defend him while the other two attack to distract the construct.

Lemure 1 Aid Harrow AC, needs a 10 total: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Attack 1 - Lemure 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Attack 2 - Lemure 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Attack 1 - Lemure 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Attack 2 - Lemure 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The damage is irrelevant as it cannot bypass DR 10 unless on a confirmed critical. Harrow has +2 AC vs the first attack next round. The Lemures do make nice targets to mindless constructs. :)

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

GM Qstor, could you please revisit my last attack? It seems I missed on a 31 (critical threat), but Husarq hit on a 27? If mine hits, I also have an adamantine weapon, and possibly a critical threat.

This creature was in Harrow's way, and that makes him angry. Tightening his grip, he swings twice.

+1 cruel keen nodachi (adamantine, power attack, furious focus, studied target): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 291d10 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25
if hits, free intimidate check to demoralize: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (11) + 34 = 45
+1 cruel keen nodachi (adamantine, power attack, furious focus, studied target): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 291d10 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 2 = 20 CRIT threat
if hits, free intimidate check to demoralize: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (12) + 34 = 46

CRIT?: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 171d10 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Harrow Tatterhood wrote:

GM Qstor, could you please revisit my last attack? It seems I missed on a 31 (critical threat), but Husarq hit on a 27? If mine hits, I also have an adamantine weapon, and possibly a critical threat.

Sorry I missed it, (a 31) hits, I read the damage (17) as the roll. I need new glasses as mine are covered in fog cloud!

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

lemures need swim checks

Three ghostly creatures dressed in sailors clothes, come out of the wall and attack the party. One misses Oberon.

know religion to ID

oberon touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

harrow touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

negative energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Str damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

husarq touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

husarq gets an AoO

negative energy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Str damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The golem heals a bit then, swings at Harrow.

attack harrow: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

harrow: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

party is up


CG Female Lyrakien Azata familiar (sage) | HP 29/29 | AC 28 / 17 T / 20 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic constant; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 15) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Init +8 | Conditions: truespeech, freedom of movement, mage armor, shield

UMD DC20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
On a second try, Persephone manages to activate the wand of shield and stows it. (44 charges remaining)
"I think these ghosts are __________!"

Dark Archive

Male CG Elf (Mordant Spire) Wizard (Evoker-Admixture) 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Enchantments | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 0-4/4; 1-5/6+1; 2-5/5+1; 3-4/4+1; 4-3/3+1 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Oberon hesitates, wracking his brain for details about these ghostly apparitions. "Persephone is right, these creatures are __________!"
(Delay, until results of Knowledge checks are revealed.)


@GM Qstor - If you look more closely at the map you will notice that the Lemures are on the bridge. They do have 5' reach so they should all be able to reach the Golem which occupies adjacent squares.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Magical Mercenaries wrote:

@GM Qstor - If you look more closely at the map you will notice that the Lemures are standing on the bridge. They do have 5' reach so they should all be able to reach the Golem which occupies adjacent squares.

Ok

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Oberon della Strega wrote:

Oberon hesitates, wracking his brain for details about these ghostly apparitions. "Persephone is right, these creatures are __________!"

(Delay, until results of Knowledge checks are revealed.)

They're Duppies they're incorporeal undead, have a special ravenous hounds attack and deal strength drain

Harrow and husarq avoid the STR damage

GM screen:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Harrow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Dark Archive

Male CG Elf (Mordant Spire) Wizard (Evoker-Admixture) 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Enchantments | Init: +3 | Perc: +12, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Elemental Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 0-4/4; 1-5/6+1; 2-5/5+1; 3-4/4+1; 4-3/3+1 | Active conditions: Heightened Awareness, Mage Armor

Pointing at the floating, ghostly humanoids' faces, a blend of human and beast, with canine shapes twining around the their legs, Oberon warns the team. "They're duppies, incorporeal undead creatures with a special ravenous hounds attack, and their attacks can drain your strength."

"Their weaknesses include __________, and their resistances include __________."

Oberon steps away from the duppy closest to him and casts a spell. Five missiles of magical energy darts forth from his fingertips and strike his target.
Varisian Tattoo (evocation), Intense Spells, Force Damage: 5d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 2, 4) + 5 + 4 = 23


CG Female Lyrakien Azata familiar (sage) | HP 29/29 | AC 28 / 17 T / 20 FF | CMD 14 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +10 | DR 5/evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10 | Speed 30ft, fly 80ft (perfect) | Perception +14, Darkvision 60ft., Low-Light Vision; detect evil, detect magic constant; Sense Motive +7 | Starlight Blast (1/1d4 rounds, Ref DC 15) 5ft burst, d4 holy dmg+1 for each step away from CG | Init +8 | Conditions: truespeech, freedom of movement, mage armor, shield

"And their weakest save is _______________," Persephone adds.

Sovereign Court

Male Human Cleric (Herald Caller) 11 Resist Energy (Fire), Heroism, Shield of Faith, Mage Armor, Longstrider, Heightened Awareness, Fallback Strategy, Deadeye Lore, Defending Bone, Delay Poison, Ant Haul, Blood Boiling Pill, Shield (+1 Profane) |HP 91/91|AC 28 T 15 FF 28 Incorporeal AC 19|DR 5/Blud|CMB +8 CMD 16 +1 vs Grapple|F +14 R +8 W +19 +2 vs cold Resist Fire 30|INIT +15|PER +25|SM+13|40'|Immune to poison
Daily Resources:
Pearl of Power 1st 3/3, Four Leaf Clover 3/3, Heroism 0/1, Quick Runner Shirt 1/1, Re-roll 1/1, Channel 7/8, Copy Cat 8/9, Veil 9/9 | Spells 1st 2/7 2nd 5/7 3rd 4/6 4th 3/5 5th 4/4 6th 3/3

Helgar nods at Oberon's attack.

"That is a nice start."

From his virtual perch up in the air Helgar responds with a flash of divine energy of his own (Searing Light). He targets Oberon's target now that it is not engaged.

to hit, ranged touch, heroism: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24
damage vs undead: 10d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 6, 3, 3, 2, 6, 1, 6, 2) = 38

Helgar then creates a copy of himself (1 Mirror Image as a move action) and steps backwards.

Helgar's familiar Tom retreats into his sachel after telling him what he knows about the Duppies.

K-Religion, Helgar, Heroism, Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 28

K-Religion,Tom: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

If people want to know more about the Duppies here are more knowledge rolls.

51 to 100 of 249 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Qstor's PFS 10-17 On Sevenfingers's Sails (Full) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.