Boston Theoretical PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

Transdimensional superheroes.
Starfinder+ for modern day superpowers.


9,051 to 9,100 of 11,208 << first < prev | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | next > last >>

Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 77/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +11 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Hexapodal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head

Unity stand aside from the metal pad. "It does seem like Henri has the best chance of opening this," they agree.


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

Henri steps toward the pad, but continues 'speaking' to Mother mentally. We are in the airlock, Mother, do I need to place my hand on the pad?


Stamina84/84HP 46/46 KAC 16 EAC 16 [b]Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +4

Legato follows all into it, but his body language indicates he is not terribly fond of the water, his swimming ability suggests he certainly has learned how to swim properly but perhaps more to avoid drowning than for enjoyment.

He is curious about Henri's oddities and seeming wifi connections but its beyond a lot of his knowledge.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
As they swim, Theo sticks near Legato, to encourage him and make sure he doesn't freak out.


I won't spoiler this as it would be too hard to follow. I assume Henri translates.

Mother tells Henri that she has opened the door.

She has not.

Mother tells Henri that the door appears to be one of the 'parts of her body' that she no longer has access to. "Henri, my boy, do you remember when you were so brave that you stepped into my mouth? You must do that for me again?"

Ta-Hashar attempts to slide the airlock open by force. It does not move. He looks both ridiculous and typically Atlantean.

Hamel says to Henri, "She's still not talking to me. But, I can hear you. I'm going to meditate; try to find a way to connect with her."


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

"While you guys work on that, I'll see what I can do here", The Olympian says as his swims closer to the door. Theo checks the door and finds the seam. The godling tries to force open the door.
Strength check (with Physical Avatar (Ex): 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 3 = 20


The door remains shut. Theo may be strong, but the door is big and locked.

"I've got a connection," says Hamel, speaking his Avignonian version of French. "Seems like Mother's brains are a bit scrambled to you, Buddy?"


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 77/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +11 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Hexapodal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head

Unity dig their claws into the door and heave along with Theo.

Strength check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Well that's a pathetic roll


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
"I've got a connection," says Hamel, speaking his Avignonian version of French. "Seems like Mother's brains are a bit scrambled to you, Buddy?"

"Yes, mon ami, she speaks to me through a figment she picked from my memories. She says I must enter the dream realm again to help her. She cannot open the door. Do you know of a fail-safe?"


Stamina84/84HP 46/46 KAC 16 EAC 16 [b]Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +4

You're a bro Theo!

"Mmm. Is it bad to break the door?" He asks, looking to Henri. Then starts to examine the door itself, looking for any cracks, or if its fully sealed. perhaps any manual handles or manual lock releases, or maybe something simply unplugged.

Legato has Diligent Searcher; can take 20 to search a 20x20 area in 5mins. Less in smaller areas. I'd like to use that. but I"ll roll below in case you prefer that roll. Take 20=33
Perception if needed: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

"Might be able to punch a hole through with enough work..Depending on what this is made out of?" Knocking on the air lock, trying to decide what it is. "I could try my truck gun-with a bit o magic. Or maybe one of yas could give it a whirl if ya know a good spot"


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa says, “I can always weave between atoms to take a peek inside without harming the door. But I get the feeling it’s a bad idea to enter without permission.

“If Henri thinks he can dream his way in, we should probably hold off on other means of entry.”


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

"I don't know, Nissa", Theo interjects. "Mother wants us in there to help. But she can't open the door for us. So I think we need break in."


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

“You may be right, Daddy.” Nissa still thinks this is something Henri should weigh in on. She turns to him.

“Henri, perhaps it’s best to ask Mother if she would like help opening the door. Also, is it something that can easily be opened from the inside?”

Diplo to aid Henri, if applicable: 1d20 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 16 + (1) = 35


Legato Oaks wrote:

You're a bro Theo!

"Mmm. Is it bad to break the door?" He asks, looking to Henri. Then starts to examine the door itself, looking for any cracks, or if its fully sealed. perhaps any manual handles or manual lock releases, or maybe something simply unplugged.

Legato has Diligent Searcher; can take 20 to search a 20x20 area in 5mins. Less in smaller areas. I'd like to use that. but I"ll roll below in case you prefer that roll. Take 20=33
[dice=Perception if needed]1d20+13

"Might be able to punch a hole through with enough work..Depending on what this is made out of?" Knocking on the air lock, trying to decide what it is. "I could try my truck gun-with a bit o magic. Or maybe one of yas could give it a whirl if ya know a good spot"

Legato finds a small patch of wall, not far from the portal, that can be pushed in and slid aside. The contents are familiar. It's another vial of that black goop that Henri drank.


Henri Patineur wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
"I've got a connection," says Hamel, speaking his Avignonian version of French. "Seems like Mother's brains are a bit scrambled to you, Buddy?"
"Yes, mon ami, she speaks to me through a figment she picked from my memories. She says I must enter the dream realm again to help her. She cannot open the door. Do you know of a fail-safe?"

"I don't recognize her at all," says Hamel, "This isn't anyone from my memories ... I could ask her to show me where the door is..."


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
Legato finds a small patch of wall, not far from the portal, that can be pushed in and slid aside. The contents are familiar. It's another vial of that black goop that Henri drank.

Theo swallows the air within his bubble. "If no one else steps forward, I'll take it", the godling states grimly.

"But Nissa. If you can get through those doors by going mini, I say go for it."


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 77/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +11 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Hexapodal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head

Unity eye the vial with obvious wariness. "More nanites? That seems... risky, to say the least."

"But it does seem that some of us, at least, will need to confront this 'infection' on its own ground, at least to get us past these doors."

They flex their claws. "Or we begin tearing them down."


Stamina84/84HP 46/46 KAC 16 EAC 16 [b]Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +4

Legato shrugs "I dun quite get why taking more would change nontin? Aint it that the missus in there can't connect to the door? Whyn would having us dose make it easier for thems?" Looking to Henri,
"Or are ya like a infosphere hotspot and she needin more connections to connect?"

jabbing his thumb to the door "Ask mommy dearest what happens if we break in? Mini or Breakin seems a fair safer. Thoughn I betcha my magic gives me a mit o resistance na?"


"Henri," says Hamel, "I don't think this is Mother I'm talking to. I'm gonna ... Tabernacle!"

Henri feels the connection he had to Hamel snap shut.

The door remains shut.

Who wants to try one of the ideas suggested?


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa is willing to go subatomic to take a peek, but she wants Henri’s permission first.
Assuming he permits, did a Communicator join us?


Nissa, the Subatomic Bombshell wrote:

Nissa is willing to go subatomic to take a peek, but she wants Henri’s permission first.

Assuming he permits, did a Communicator join us?

No one requested a Communicator and none of the Communicators could swim to that depth.


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

Sorry I’ve been off-grid. Have we seen Tabernacle anywhere as a code-word or associated with Hamel’s history? Nissa, go for it. But watch for someone not-Mother running the show.


While the group waits in the airlock for the door to open, Ta-Hashar turns to Charles and says, in Atlantean, "So, you're Moreauvian, aren't you? I don't recognize the planet."


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

Henri holds out a hand to Nissa, signaling her to wait a moment. He concentrates, thinking, ”Do you hear me?”


Henri:
Were you concentrating for and talking to Mother or Hamel? Either way, both resond.

"I am sending you my schematics, Henri," says Mother. "You should be able to visualize yourself inside the airlock if you try and move from there."

The more Mother learns Henri's language, the more directly she is able to express herself. Aviary was the same.

"Henri, mon ami, I think I am in la merde. That wasn't Mother. I'm going to try something. Be back soon. Be careful."


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

”Be careful, Hamel.”

He also wants to see if he can communicate with Nissa.

Henri focuses on the schematics, reading them to the party so they know what to expect on the other side. If he can zoom in on details and pick out how to bypass the lock, he will do so.


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 77/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +11 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Hexapodal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:

While the group waits in the airlock for the door to open, Ta-Hashar turns to Charles and says, in Atlantean, "So, you're Moreauvian, aren't you? I don't recognize the planet."

Unity frown once Nissa translates.

"We do not know what "Moreauvian" means," they state.

"The majority of us is from our version of Earth, though we're aware of at least a couple other sources for some of us." They slightly spread their wings.

"The one who made us into me took material from other worlds, we know. Maybe they were... Moreauvian?"


"Dr. Moreau is a god in some parts of the Julian Cluster. He's given birth to trillions. Seeded worlds with his creations. Some of his creations were more creative than others," explains Ta-Hashar before getting distracted by the conversation about the door.

"Do not damage the door," he says, "It would cease to function as an airlock and the complex could be flooded when we exit."

Henri:
The schematics, like the communication with Mother, bootstrap onto what is already in Henri's head to give Henri a three-dimensional map that surrounds him. He can see a 30' corridor on the other side of the door exiting the airlock. The corridor might be familiar to Henri, perhaps one from his childhood, probably a creepy one. The door might look different in Henri's head. No matter what it looks like, the door handle is covered in frost. To open the lock, you'll need to do something about the frost. Beneath the frost, Henri sees a flow of black ooze.


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

Henri points at his temple. Out loud, he asks, ”Nissa, did you hear that? I tried to communicate like I do with Hamel now.”


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa says, “I didn’t, but…” She looks at the vial. Oh, I may regret this, but there are too many innocent lives at stake!

She drinks the nano-goop!


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Theo watches his daughter drink the nano-goop and sighs with worry.


Nissa feels the process she observed within Henri. She feels the nanites multiply and build structures. She is wracked with pain, but it is so brief that she hasn't time to react before the nanites start building structures that integrate within her brain.

As soon as the communicator is built, Nissa senses four signals. They sit like floating orbs in a visual representation that is forming. She knows the red one is Henri. She knows the purple one is Hamel. The green one could be Mother. The black one throbs.


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Nissa no longer hesitates. She is subatomic… (8/9 RP) …and as she weaves about the universe of nuclei and electrons, mere femtometers tall, Nissa is free of the nanites—

—but the signals are back when she reverts to inches tall.

Henri & Co.:
:: Okay, Henri. I’m in. There’s a layer of ice. I assume Mother permits me to take care of it? ::

☀️
The black ooze underneath the frost is alarming. Nissa prepares to strike, but waits.

Plasma Sheath (Su) As a move action, you can cause all of your melee attacks to deal fire damage instead of their normal damage type. (The attacks are still made against the target’s EAC or KAC as normal for the weapon.) This benefit lasts for 1 round or until you leave photon mode.

When you are attuned or fully attuned, your attacks with plasma sheath deal additional fire damage equal to half your level.

The heat around Nissa’s tiny hands intensifies. She curls them into fists.


Nissa, entering into the door, finds the internal locking mechanism and the biocircuitry that must be part of Mother are covered with nano-goop which is covered in ice.

Is Nissa in the door then? On the other side of the door?


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Henri & Co:
☀️
Nissa attacks the ice with fire!

She circles the door handle…

Blazing Orbit: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14
Burn (if end turn in Nissa’s fiery wake): 1d6 ⇒ 2

…creating a firewall around herself, should the goop attack her!

She then gives the door handle a swift kick to break the ice (or at least hopefully melt it some)!
Fiery Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Fire Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

Nissa via mind-radio:
"What are you seeing? Mother showed me frost on the door handle and black ooze beneath. Is that what you see?"
Yes, I know she does, but I'm giving her a chance to tell me in her words to be translated to the others.


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Henri & Co:
Nissa replies, :: I’m trying to melt the ice. There’s some nano-goop underneath, so I’m not sure what will happen when I release the nanites. ::


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

To those on his side of the door, "Nissa's on the other side. Mother shows me the situation with representations rather than pictures. I felt like she was telling me that there was an icy coating over a gathering of black nanite matter. Nissa sees that and is working to melt the ice. She can't tell if the nanite material is animate yet."

Nissa:
"I don't want to worry your dad, but I'm pretty sure that nano-sludge is active. I don't know what it will do or how it will react with our internalized nanites. I can only suggest avoiding finding out when you are alone over there."

GM:
Computers regarding interaction of nanites: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

"I'm going to see if I can assist Nissa." He closes his eyes and tries to commune with Mother again, like when she was asking him to fix the "tooth".

He mutters, "Mother, can you tell me if the door here is one of the teeth we need to fix? If I pull the tooth, would that repair the door or would it break it?"


The ice melts quickly and the black nano-goop beneath it absorbs 25 points of fire damage. Instead of shrinking, it swells. It quickly doubles in size, and then doubles that size again.

Roll for initiative everyone, although only Nissa can see what's going on at the moment.


Henri Patineur wrote:

"I'm going to see if I can assist Nissa." He closes his eyes and tries to commune with Mother again, like when she was asking him to fix the "tooth".

He mutters, "Mother, can you tell me if the door here is one of the teeth we need to fix? If I pull the tooth, would that repair the door or would it break it?"

Henri:
Mother tells Henri in a voice that is calm and precise, "Security systems including exterior doors are part of the infected parts of my physical structure. The nanites have colonized specific areas but are contained to the lower levels."

Mother screams in fright, "They're all over me. My god. Get them off."

Henri and Nissa:
Hamel calls to Henri and Nissa, [b]"The nanites! Try not to let them infect you. They're in me and they're angry. I'm trying to communicate with them now. It hurts to even try."


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

Initative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Theo, Legato, and Charles see the door grow frosty as if all the heat were sucked from it in seconds.


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

"Oh Hades! What's going on?" the godling asks as he swims away from the frosting door.


Henri:
Henri sees, in his mind, the handle to the door. It looks like a different door from a different place, but he knows it to represent the locking mechanism in a highly advanced biomachine. He sees the ice crackle and the black goop begin to crawl and move. He can try to grab the door handle, turn it, and retract his hand before any of the nanites get him, but he'd have to be fast. Make a Dexterity save if you try to open the handle despite the crawling nanites.


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire

Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
☀️

Henri, Hamel, Mother, Nanobots:
:: Mother, I’m dealing with the Nanobot swarm as best I can. The ice is off the door—how do we open it? ::


Stamina84/84HP 46/46 KAC 16 EAC 16 [b]Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +4

join battle!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Legato shirks back with Theo. "Er.. weren't Nissa was a firebug, not'n ice fairy? Should... I use a bit of fire too?


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]

”No! It is drawing in the heat and growing in response! I think now’s the time…”

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Reflex to activate the door and release: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Henri moves to the door, calming his breathing and flexing his hands like he’s about to snatch food from the maw of something very hungry. He snatches at the handle and opens the door in a blur of motion.


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 77/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +10 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Chimera
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


The nanites swarm towards Henri's hand in the mindpalace version of the complex, built and shared between him and Mother. In the real world, Charles, Legato, and Theo can see Henri reach out and quickly turn an invisible doorknob. Then, you can all hear an audible click as the lock on the portal releases. The door can be pushed open with a Strength check now, but you might want to use Aid Another.

ROUND 1
Henri -- Acted, opening the lock on the portal
Nissa
Charles
nanites
Legato
Theo

Nissa, you're up. You're on one side of the portal with a cloud of nanites forming between you and your dad. The portal just made a loud clicking noise.

9,051 to 9,100 of 11,208 << first < prev | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Boston Theoretical PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.