Boston Theoretical PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

Transdimensional superheroes.
Starfinder+ for modern day superpowers.


11,151 to 11,166 of 11,166 << first < prev | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | next > last >>

Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
Henri Patineur wrote:

"Hello, again, Mr. Rabbit. Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Rabbit. Ah, I'm a bit out of my element, so I will defer to my hosts - what do you suggest?"

”Tea,” says Mr. Rabbit. ”I can’t remember where it is from, but I got it down the row from an elf.”

”It’s amazing, Henri,” says Mrs. Rabbit. ”So, you’re the one who kept my husband up late last night.”

”How did you manage to find my little ‘Hutch’?” asks Mr. Rabbit. ”Do you have a neural adapter? I’m running an old Imperial Truthtaker on the lowest setting, turning an instrument of torture into a useful tool. I can take apart and put together things far too large and numerous to fit in my little shop.”

”Tea sounds wonderful, thank you. No neural adapter, no; I was exposed to a nanite swarm. I am still trying to figure it out, so I was meditating and trying to interrogate the swarm to find out what it can do when your ‘hutch’ caught my attention. I wonder - can you explain to me what this place was where we met?”


Nissa, the Subatomic Bombshell wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:

"You know," says L.C. "This world has magic. I mean, a lot of it."

It isn't clear why she's saying this. She seems optimistic.

Nissa stops thinking about how she’d need to be bigger to fit into fairy armor.

Instead, she considers her size compared to L.C. when she was still human(-ish). She was more than double my height. And now, a fairy is double my height…

Is there magic that can change her to a fairy? Or the size of one? Of course there is! She looks at L.C., eyes wide with a hope she had never considered. The two men I met in Utopia, shrunken to six inches tall—clothes and all. Does she mean…?

“Do you mean…?” She looks to where the fairies just fought. Is this why…? Am I supposed to talk to the fairies now? “…what I think you mean?”

"I mean," she says shyly, "If you wanted to be flesh and blood again, even for a short time, we could probably find a potion for that. ... I'm not saying you have to. Just, we could talk to a Wizard..."


Unity, Chimeric Superhero wrote:

"We have a tendancy to do that," Unity say as they fly towards the King of Coins. They do remember him well, given the rather memorably narrowly-avoided disaster of the Atlantean Prince's coin.

"Everyone changes, but we do tend to change more obviously and outwardly than most," they say as they come in for a landing on the tower.

"You look fairly similar to how we remember you, however," they continue. "How have the past three years treated you?"

"I'm bored," says the King of Coins. "Managing the monetary supply for a small kingdom isn't nearly as much fun as stealing half the gold in the same kingdom. Sometimes I wish I was just a minor royal without position or responsibility. How goes it with you?"


Henri Patineur wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
Henri Patineur wrote:

"Hello, again, Mr. Rabbit. Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Rabbit. Ah, I'm a bit out of my element, so I will defer to my hosts - what do you suggest?"

”Tea,” says Mr. Rabbit. ”I can’t remember where it is from, but I got it down the row from an elf.”

”It’s amazing, Henri,” says Mrs. Rabbit. ”So, you’re the one who kept my husband up late last night.”

”How did you manage to find my little ‘Hutch’?” asks Mr. Rabbit. ”Do you have a neural adapter? I’m running an old Imperial Truthtaker on the lowest setting, turning an instrument of torture into a useful tool. I can take apart and put together things far too large and numerous to fit in my little shop.”

”Tea sounds wonderful, thank you. No neural adapter, no; I was exposed to a nanite swarm. I am still trying to figure it out, so I was meditating and trying to interrogate the swarm to find out what it can do when your ‘hutch’ caught my attention. I wonder - can you explain to me what this place was where we met?”

"Oh! That makes sense," says Mr. Rabbit. "The place we met was my virtual den. The Imperial Truthtaker pulls thoughts out of your mind and creates a digital simulation of them. I reduced the setting so that it doesn't hurt and made the simulation stable and then imported the specifications for every device, part, or component in the Atlantean library. I didn't bother with security because there's nothing to secure really and I didn't think anyone on Tarokh could link with it. Your nanites create a virtual self for you? They must have projected your 'self' into my virtual workshop."


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
"I mean," she says shyly, "If you wanted to be flesh and blood again, even for a short time, we could probably find a potion for that. ... I'm not saying you have to. Just, we could talk to a Wizard..."

“Oh.”

Nissa does not want to be flesh and blood. But L.C. wants her to. The Dawnflower doesn’t, I don’t think… but I don’t know. And it would only be for a while. And it would please L.C…

“Oh,” she says again. “I… well, umm… that is… I.”

Impossible. And silly.

She shakes off some intrusive thoughts. “I was thinking of a different spell, which was cast by the wizard I rescued on Utopia. Did I tell you? He and the Atlantean were only six inches tall!”

Nissa lights up a little as she says this, but doubts start to creep in her mind.

CHA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

If L.C.’s Sense Mo beats 18:
Nissa isn’t bluffing, but her face might betray her. She is still reeling from the body-shaming from Fake L.C. And now Real L.C. seems to be implying flesh-and-blood is preferable to the form the Dawnflower gave her, which makes her worry that she’s undesirable!


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 77/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +10 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Hexapodal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:


"I'm bored," says the King of Coins. "Managing the monetary supply for a small kingdom isn't nearly as much fun as stealing half the gold in the same kingdom. Sometimes I wish I was just a minor royal without position or responsibility. How goes it with you?"

"A victim of your own success, hm?" Unity comment.

"It's only been a few weeks for us, though they were... eventful," they reply. "Discovering our creator is something like an interplanetary virus... dealing with that world with its skies blotted out by nanites... and of course the original issue with the demon. Not to mention resolving some questions about our own identity. It's... been a lot."

"And we don't like the city."

"Yes, the more we change, the less we like walls around us, it seems. We're getting too much in touch with parts of ourself that don't like being caged, you might say."


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
"Oh! That makes sense," says Mr. Rabbit. "The place we met was my virtual den. The Imperial Truthtaker pulls thoughts out of your mind and creates a digital simulation of them. I reduced the setting so that it doesn't hurt and made the simulation stable and then imported the specifications for every device, part, or component in the Atlantean library. I didn't bother with security because there's nothing to secure really and I didn't think anyone on Tarokh could link with it. Your nanites create a virtual self for you? They must have projected your 'self' into my virtual workshop."

"I'm glad it makes sense to you. I'm familiar with a lot of science, but nanites and... whatever this was... are new territory. They feel more mystical. I would like to understand it in hopes that I can utilize it in the future."

"But that's me being selfish. I am glad to have met the two of you as a result of this experiment. How do you find life in Tarokh? I'm under the impression that those offering goods and services in the Away Market are not from Tarokh, so I presume you are visitors, if long-term."


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
Dani, perhaps sensing some tension, puts her arm around Theo’s waist as they walk by.

Theo and Dani continue to see the sights well into the evening.


Unity, Chimeric Superhero wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:


"I'm bored," says the King of Coins. "Managing the monetary supply for a small kingdom isn't nearly as much fun as stealing half the gold in the same kingdom. Sometimes I wish I was just a minor royal without position or responsibility. How goes it with you?"

"A victim of your own success, hm?" Unity comment.

"It's only been a few weeks for us, though they were... eventful," they reply. "Discovering our creator is something like an interplanetary virus... dealing with that world with its skies blotted out by nanites... and of course the original issue with the demon. Not to mention resolving some questions about our own identity. It's... been a lot."

"And we don't like the city."

"Yes, the more we change, the less we like walls around us, it seems. We're getting too much in touch with parts of ourself that don't like being caged, you might say."

”You should get out of the city then,” smiles the King of Coins, forgetting that a letter of permission is required. When reminded of that fact, he laughs and says, ”Oh, that’s just a formality. I could write one for you now if you’d like.”


Nissa, the Subatomic Bombshell wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
"I mean," she says shyly, "If you wanted to be flesh and blood again, even for a short time, we could probably find a potion for that. ... I'm not saying you have to. Just, we could talk to a Wizard..."

“Oh.”

Nissa does not want to be flesh and blood. But L.C. wants her to. The Dawnflower doesn’t, I don’t think… but I don’t know. And it would only be for a while. And it would please L.C…

“Oh,” she says again. “I… well, umm… that is… I.”

Impossible. And silly.

She shakes off some intrusive thoughts. “I was thinking of a different spell, which was cast by the wizard I rescued on Utopia. Did I tell you? He and the Atlantean were only six inches tall!”

Nissa lights up a little as she says this, but doubts start to creep in her mind.

[dice=CHA]d20+6
** spoiler omitted **

”Wait, I thought that’s what you wanted,” objects L.C. ”I guess I’m not really clear on what you want from me, Nissa. … I mean, with me.”


Henri Patineur wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
"Oh! That makes sense," says Mr. Rabbit. "The place we met was my virtual den. The Imperial Truthtaker pulls thoughts out of your mind and creates a digital simulation of them. I reduced the setting so that it doesn't hurt and made the simulation stable and then imported the specifications for every device, part, or component in the Atlantean library. I didn't bother with security because there's nothing to secure really and I didn't think anyone on Tarokh could link with it. Your nanites create a virtual self for you? They must have projected your 'self' into my virtual workshop."

"I'm glad it makes sense to you. I'm familiar with a lot of science, but nanites and... whatever this was... are new territory. They feel more mystical. I would like to understand it in hopes that I can utilize it in the future."

"But that's me being selfish. I am glad to have met the two of you as a result of this experiment. How do you find life in Tarokh? I'm under the impression that those offering goods and services in the Away Market are not from Tarokh, so I presume you are visitors, if long-term."

”I’m not sure, exactly, where I’m from,” says Mr. Rabbit thoughtfully, ”But it was not here. My earliest memories are of being pulled out of a pocket dimension at the bottom of a tall black hat and waved before an audience before being shoved back in the hat agains. Repeatedly. One day I chewed my way out of the pocket dimension and found myself in Tarokh. I still have no idea what any of that was about.”

Mrs. Rabbit smiles, ”We met here. My father was Atlantean and my mother from Tarokh. I grew up in the Away Market.”

”And what is your world like, Henri?” asks Mr. Rabbit.


The Olympian wrote:
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
Dani, perhaps sensing some tension, puts her arm around Theo’s waist as they walk by.
Theo and Dani continue to see the sights well into the evening.

Dani is the first woman in a while that Theo hasn’t tried to hit on.

She is of course all over him.

She’s not entirely convinced that this isn’t a story and that her birthday fictionaut trip isn’t still continuing, but, if this is just a story, maybe it’s one with sex in it.

She’s hoping..


Female Halfling Solarian | HP:51/51, SP:49/49, RP:8/9 | AC:20 | F:+6, R:+12, W:+7/+9v.Fear | Perc:+3, Init:+9 | 12v.Fire
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
”Wait, I thought that’s what you wanted,” objects L.C. ”I guess I’m not really clear on what you want from me, Nissa. … I mean, with me.”

Nissa is pretty sure she’s been very clear about not wanting to turn back. Not even for a day or a second. But after three years, L.C. deserves more than an ‘I-don’t-wanna.’

“L.C., for you, I’ll drink the potion.”


Male
Skills:
Acro +18|Ath +18|Diplo +17|Intim +8|Myst +6|Percep +11|SM +6|Stealth +12
Human|SP 22/54 HP 42/42|EAC 14 KAC 16 ACvCM 24|Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +8|Init +2|RP 3/3 Godling (mighty)/7th|Speed 40ft. (40ft.)|Retribution (8/8 a day)|Agile Feet (Su) (4/4x a day)|Smite Rival (1x/day)|Channel Energy 4d6 (4/4x a day)

"So do you have a place to stay, or are you just spend the night in TAROT HQ?" The Olympian asked Dani/Irene as the street lights began to turn on.


Male Chimera... thing Soldier 7 | HP 55/55 SP 77/77 | KAC 23 EAC 21 | F +9 R +3 W +6 (+2 vs. mind-affecting) | Init +5 | Perc: +10 | RP 9/9 | Current form: Hexapodal
Head Text Key:
Bold--right 'dinosaur' head | Plain text--middle fox head | Italic--left jaguar head
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:
”You should get out of the city then,” smiles the King of Coins, forgetting that a letter of permission is required. When reminded of that fact, he laughs and says, ”Oh, that’s just a formality. I could write one for you now if you’d like.”

"We would certainly appreciate that," Unity reply with obvious relief. "Any suggestions on where we should go? Anywhere we should avoid to prevent some kind of diplomatic incident?"

They grin at the King of Coins. "Unless that's the plan with setting us loose?"


Human Zoomer (Battle Medic) 7 [ Stamina 58/63 | Hit Points 49/49 | Resolve 8/9 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F4 R11 W6 (+1 Fort vs disease or poison, evasion, immunity to flat-flooted, fire resist 7) | Init +9 | Perc +10 | Sneak +12 | Acro +18 ]
Tarren the Dungeon Master wrote:

”I’m not sure, exactly, where I’m from,” says Mr. Rabbit thoughtfully, ”But it was not here. My earliest memories are of being pulled out of a pocket dimension at the bottom of a tall black hat and waved before an audience before being shoved back in the hat agains. Repeatedly. One day I chewed my way out of the pocket dimension and found myself in Tarokh. I still have no idea what any of that was about.”

Mrs. Rabbit smiles, ”We met here. My father was Atlantean and my mother from Tarokh. I grew up in the Away Market.”

”And what is your world like, Henri?” asks Mr. Rabbit.

Henri opens his mouth to answer, pauses, and closes it again, thinking. He starts again, more slowly, "That would probably get different answers from different people. There are areas that are developed and comfortable and isolated. There are areas that are ignored by the comfortable people unless they have a plan to take advantage of the inhabitants or the undeveloped lands." He pauses again.

"I grew up in one of the latter where my ancestors have lived for over a thousand years. The land is unforgiving and stingy with its gifts, but my people came to the land and learned how to live on it and appreciate and survive on the scant resources. While we focused on surviving and remembering those who came before, others lived in and fought over much more generous lands where they could raise food and store it for lean years and go to war with their neighbors for more land that provided more than they needed. They looked at our lands, saw no value in them, and left us alone until they found value in other things than food. Things like gold and silver and other metals that they could use to make things. Metals that were found under our unforgiving land. Then they came to us with their wars and took away our right to our land. They let us stay on it because they didn't want it, but they tore up the land to find their prizes and they left us the holes and waters they had spoiled and wondered why we were not happy."

"I grew up in a land where I was lucky to survive because the land is unforgiving and most that have resources hoard them out of fear. I was fortunate to be unusual and one person with resources chose to share them with unusual children. I was able to get an education and then I tried to make sure that I was one of those that shared my gifts. Which eventually brought me to TAROT and TAROT has brought me here."

Henri looks down at his tea, much cooled, in surprise. With a guilty glance, he sips the heretofore ignored beverage, hoping he hasn't bored or offended his hosts. "My apologies, I don't stop and think about home much. It is a source of pride and anger in varying proportions when I let my mind wander those memories."

With a half smile, he adds, "That's far too much about me. Mr. Rabbit, I'm fascinated with the tinkering that you do. Would you be willing to take on an apprentice of sorts while I'm here on Tarokh? I could work in exchange for learning the technology. I understand if you prefer to work alone, of course."

11,151 to 11,166 of 11,166 << first < prev | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Boston Theoretical PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.