[PFS2 / GMGlyn] 1-06 Lost on The Spirit Road / Table one (Inactive)

Game Master GHembree

Table One Map


151 to 200 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

The scholar climbs quickly over the wagon, and then tosses the dagger she already had in hand.

2xmoves and attack
attack, inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Though without any real accuracy.

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

Anjo takes advantage of his greater mobility and closes the distance on the porachas, using his bastard sword to fend off the branches.

Strike two-handed with Inspiration: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10

Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 16* | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 4/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: Shield

Orla shouts in alarm at the death knell of the second horse and rushes the brush.

"Get back, kitty cat!" she yells from the edge of the brush. "Desna, see it fit to strike down this foe!"

Action economy: move 25 feet through underbrush (2 spaces of difficult terrain and one regular square; cast moonbeam.

Spell (Divine) Attack, Inspire: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

As another horse is slaughtered, JR stands and pushes his way the thick underbrush.

Turning pale Xun begins drumming then uses his magic to inflict pain from the dying horse back onto the Porachas. The strange cat screeches in pain as Xun’s magic takes hold.

Crashing through the underbrush Raznik fires two arrows at the demon cat. The first hits piercing deeply into its flesh, the second misses as it flies wide.

Climbing over a wagon, Teja tosses a dagger at the Porachas. The dagger falls short sticking into the dirt.

Moving more easily, Anjo closes with the Porachas and strikes with his bastard sword. Unfortunately, his sword misses as the cat dodges the attack.

Orla yells a threat at the cat before she cast magic causing a moonbeam to strike next to the Porachas missing it.

Lin and Ti manage to hit the Porachas with another crossbow bolt wounding it slightly.

The Porachas turns on Anjo with teeth and claws. First, the jaws snap shut on Anjo wounding him grievously then followed by a claw strike that cuts deeply into his flesh dropping the brave ranger. Dropping Anjo the cat quickly moves to within striking distance of Orla.

The cat shakes its head as it unsuccessfully tries to clear the mental echo of the horse’s dying pain.

Awarding Hero Point to Anjo for heroicly/foolishly charging the Porachos. And one for last week to Raznik for letting the spirit merge with him. Both now have 2pt everyone else has 1pt

GM Rolls:

Porachas will save vs DC17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Lin and Ti assistance vs Porachas: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Porachas w/sick1 vs Anjo
jaws: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 1 = 21 to hit
piercing damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 = 16
2nd
Claw: 1d20 + 13 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 4 - 1 = 21 to hit
slashing damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 = 10

Porachas save vs persistent damage DC15: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Porachas persistent mental damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Raznik/spirit's power:
Raznik absorbed some of the spirit's personality he gains its increased agility and 5ft bonus to speed, but also a fear of the forest at the beginning of each encounter make a DC 5 flat check or be frightened 1 for first round. Both effects are for the rest of the adventure.

Status: Bold may act (Snowfall -2 to perception, village blessing - reroll a single saving throw once per encounter)

Anjo: - +16+10 = 26 dam (** dying 1 **)
Teja: -
Orla: -
Xun: -
Junior: -
Raznik: -

Porachas: 5+5+5+7+2+3 = 27 dam (Persistent mental damage d4, sickend 1)

Xun and Raznik my still act

Horizon Hunters

CN male razortooth goblin ranger 1 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | speed 25

The goblin rushes up to the dead horses and fires again at the cat. Then he drops down behind the horse corpses, attempting to hide from creature.

Attack (IC): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage (IC): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Hunter's Edge (Precision) damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Attack (IC): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 5 = 20
Damage (IC): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Actions
1. Move
2. Hunted Shot
3. Hide

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 16* | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 4/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: Shield

Orla lashes out at the weird cat with six legs as Anjo falls, her star-knife glinting in the residual moonlight.

”I’m coming, Anjo!” she says a bit ridiculously to the unconscious warrior.

Melee Attack, Inspiration: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 211d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 + 1 = 3

She then prays briefly to Desna. ”Goddess of the stars, save your servant the suffering of an attack!”

Action economy: melee attack, then cast sanctuary on self (Will Save DC 17).

Verdant Wheel

NG Male Half Elf | Elemental Water Sorcerer 1 HP 16/16 | AC15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25|Focus 1/1 | Spells 1 3/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

JR scrambles back through the horses, getting closer to the cat creature. He calls on the forest spirits to provide him with fire then tosses it at the cat. "Begone foul forest spirit!"

Produce Flame, IC: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 211d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

Teja looks on in horror as Anjo is dropped by the terrible beast.

Drawing a second dagger, she cautiously moves forward before tossing it at the black cat.

attack,inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
damage?: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Looking down at the rapier in her hand, she wonders
Why am I standing here? Well, at the least I'll hopefully be able to provide a good description of the beast.

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun plays on his drum, feeling excitement and adrenaline buzzing in his veins. The smell of blood, mixed with screams and roar of the beast are intoxicating. His hands hit the drum continues to keep the music playing and his allies inspired.

Then he hears one scream that is different than others. Xun sees how Anjo gets bitten, later slashed and falls unconsciously next to two dead horses.

Xun knows that he needs to help him before his spirit leaves the body behind.

First things first, Xun keeps the rhythm trying to prolong the effect of his inspiration
Performance, DC15, Lingering Composition: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Finally! Xun feels that his magic is working, the trees echos with music. Now he can play the 2nd and 3rd line of music without disturbing the ongoing beat.

Xun beats quickly with his palms to get himself into a trance. He knows that for what he needs to do he needs to cross to the spiritual realm.

He turns into Owl, the whole world turns into grayish and purple colors. Xun see his allies a bit distorted. Raznik seems to have some spiritual being nearby "Interesting!". Porachas looks even more ferocious and blood craving. But it is not his concern now. Xun looks at Anjo, he sees the lying body and the spirit still holding on. But the ghosts feasting on death are swarming over the dead horses and turn their attention towards Anjo.

Xun rushes forward landing in between Anjos body and the death incarnations. The owl stretches its wings stopping the death long enough for the healing to happen. Xun notices the snake, ghost of healing and regeneration, slighters towards Anjo and bites him in the leg causing his spirit to grow in strength.

Xun shakes his head as his cautiousness returns to his body.

Soothe at Anjo: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He spots that Anjo takes a deeper breath and opens his eyes. Xun smiles at that and keeps to play.

A bit of RP, long story short
1st action: Lingering Composition finally success. Cost me 1 focus point and makes Inspire Courage to last 3 rounds.
2nd and 3rd action: casting Soothe at Anjo healing him for 7 HP and giving him +2 status bonus to saves against mental effects for 1 minute

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

Anjo feels his senses returning. Not surprised to find himself faced own in the mud, he can only guess someone healed him when he sees the battle is not over. Reacting quicky, he stands, pulls his bow from his back and uses his hunting technique.

Hunted Shot1 w Inspire-Volly: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 19
Damage + INspire: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Hunted Shot2 w Inspire: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 4
Damage + INspire: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grand Lodge

Raznik rushes up firing over the dead horses at the killer cat then attempts to hide behind corpses. The first arrow hits causing the cat to screech in pain, and the second arrow misses.

Orla lashes out at the weird cat, but her star-knife misses, as she calls on desna to protect her.

Getting closer, JR creates fire with his magic that he throws at the cat, unfortunately he just misses as the fire falls short.

Teja draws a second dagger and tosses it at the cat only to have it hit in the dirt between the cat’s many legs.

Drumming Xun hits a resonating beat just before his magic soothes Anjo’s wounds through a gray and purple owl shaped burst of healing energy.

Regaining consciousness Anjo stands as he draws and fires his bow. Sadly his arrows fly over the cat missing it.

Lin and Ti manage to hit the cat with another crossbow bolt wounding it again.

The Porachas severely wounded turns and flees to a nearby tree and seems to merge into the tree trunk.

The Poracha is no longer visible.

GM Rolls:

Lin and Ti assistance vs Porachas: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Porachas persistent mental damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Porachas save vs persistent damage DC15: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Raznik/spirit's power:
Raznik absorbed some of the spirit's personality he gains its increased agility and 5ft bonus to speed, but also a fear of the forest at the beginning of each encounter make a DC 5 flat check or be frightened 1 for first round. Both effects are for the rest of the adventure.

Status: Bold may act (Snowfall -2 to perception, village blessing - reroll a single saving throw once per encounter)

Anjo: - 12 dam (Wounded 1)
Teja: -
Orla: -
Xun: -
Junior: -
Raznik: -

Porachas: 27+10+7+4 = 48 dam (Persistent mental damage d4, sickend 1)

Everyone my act

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

Anjo grabs his bastard sword and sheaths it before looking for the creatures tracks.

Survival+Hunted Prey bonus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
"This thing is hard to hit."

Verdant Wheel

NG Male Half Elf | Elemental Water Sorcerer 1 HP 16/16 | AC15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25|Focus 1/1 | Spells 1 3/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

JR wades through some more bushes "Where'd it go?" Then sees Anjo is still quite wounded "Let me help you with those scratches before you do anything rash."

2 Action Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Stride, 2 action heal

Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

Teja hurries over to get daggers and retrieves them.

Horizon Hunters

CN male razortooth goblin ranger 1 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | speed 25

Raznik peeks up over the dead horse. "We kill it?" He stands up and moves to Anjo to help him up. He looks around for any signs of the cat.

Seek action in a 15 foot burst.

Envoy's Alliance

NG female halfling (twilight halfling) Cleric of Desna level 1| HP 15/15 | AC 16* | F +4 R +5 W +9 | Perc +7 (+9 for hidden foes and secret doors) | Stealth +2 | speed 25 | focus 1/1 | spells cantrip 4/5; 1st 2/2+4 (heal) | Active Conditions: Shield

"I can help with mopping up some more healing," Orla offers. She prays aloud. "Oh Desna, soothe your servants' wounds!"

Three action burst of healing after gathering everyone close by (including Lin and Ti and even the two dead horses).

Healing Burst: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun walks down from the cart, leaving his drum where he played it. The music still can be heard but is a tad more quite. He moves to where the Poracha fought and touches the ground with his hand and closes his eyes.

Turning to Li and Tin:

"Is it always like this? The cat disappearing into the tree?"

Xun takes out his short sword and holds it ready.

Grand Lodge

Anjo recovers his bastard sword and sheathes it. The creatures tracks lead up to the tree and vanish it looks like the creature became one with the tree.

JR looks around for the strange cat as he heals more of Anjo’s wounds.

Teja moves to retrieves her daggers.

Raznik peeks over the dead horse, he doesn't see the Porachas anywhere.

Orla calls upon Desna to sooth the remaining wounds on everyone. Unfortunately the two horses are beyond her help.

With the drum beat fading in the background, Xun ask Lin and Ti about the about the previous attacks.

Lin watches the tree, ”Once it just vanished, another time it attacked up by popping out of a tree. We should move on quickly, we are not safe.” The pair jump down and start removing the harnesses from the dead horses and moving one of other horses from another wagon to take the pair place.

GM Rolls:

Raznik seek: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6

Porachas Fort save vs sicken DC17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Porachas Fort save vs sicken DC17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Porachas Fort save vs sicken DC17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Porachas persistent mental damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Porachas save vs persistent damage DC15: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Raznik/spirit's power:
Raznik absorbed some of the spirit's personality he gains its increased agility and 5ft bonus to speed, but also a fear of the forest at the beginning of each encounter make a DC 5 flat check or be frightened 1 for first round. Both effects are for the rest of the adventure.

Status: Bold may act (Snowfall -2 to perception, village blessing - reroll a single saving throw once per encounter)

Anjo: - 12-11-4 = 0 dam (Wounded 1 )
Teja: -
Orla: -
Xun: -
Junior: -
Raznik: -

Porachas: 48+4 = 52 dam

Everyone my act

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun begins to help Lin with the horses.

"Keep your eyes open."

I honestly don't know what to do now, so I will help arrange the horses.

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

As Anjo's wounds start to knit from the magical healing, he calls out..

"If it melded into the tree, then maybe we can can kill it by hurting the tree?"

Anjo slings his bow, draws his bastard sword and approaches the tree.

Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

Teja picks up her second dagger and prepares to throw it if the cat returns.

Readied attack

Horizon Hunters

CN male razortooth goblin ranger 1 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | speed 25

Raznik looks at Anjo oddly. "Uh, I no think you can kill tree. Trees are hard." He thinks for a moment. "Maybe burn the tree down!"

The goblin looks out at the forest. "There are lots of trees, Anjo. We need to kill them all?" He wanders carefully into the tree line, looking for any sign of the cat.

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

On Anjo's turn, he hacks the tree with his bastard sword.

"Not all the trees, just the one it melded with."

Grand Lodge

Xun helps with the horses.

Anjo eyes the tree as he approaches it with his bastard sword.

Teja reades her daggers.

Raznik suggest burning the tree down, then suggest burning all the trees down.

Anjo uses his bastard sword to hack the tree.

With the first blow the Porachas is expelled from the tree where it crumples to the ground dead. It appears to have succumbed to its wounds and ongoing damage.

*** Combat Over ***

The group is able to take their time in rearranging the horses and resting long enough for Anjo to recover fully from his brush with death.

Just as the group is about ready to start moving again, Xun attuned to the occult forces notices another forest spirit manifestation like the first a transparent humanoid shape outlined only by the snow, as if clinging to an invisible person. It approaches the party in a non-threatening fashion, hovering just above the ground.

It appears this spirit is trying to share its experience like the first one did with Raznik.

Raznik/spirit's power:
Raznik absorbed some of the spirit's personality he gains its increased agility and 5ft bonus to speed, but also a fear of the forest at the beginning of each encounter make a DC 5 flat check or be frightened 1 for first round. Both effects are for the rest of the adventure.

Status: exploration mode (Snowfall -2 to perception, village blessing - reroll a single saving throw once per encounter)

Anjo: -
Teja: -
Orla: -
Xun: -
Junior: -
Raznik: -

Porachas: 52 dam (* dead *)

Verdant Wheel

NG Male Half Elf | Elemental Water Sorcerer 1 HP 16/16 | AC15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25|Focus 1/1 | Spells 1 3/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

JR heads over to check out the body as it slumps from the tree trunk "Should we take the body with us? It might be good to show the Lodge so they can be better prepared in case more show up." He then goes to try to clean the wound on the tree as best he can.

"If you don't want to experience another spirit Raznik I volunteer." The half elf offers as the spirit closes.

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun exhales when he sees the dead Poracha. He didn't feel it before but he feels tired and appreciates the rest. Even that he does not need it physically, he finds balance by playing a bit on his flute.

Using Refocus to regain 1 Focus Point.

When another ghost is visible Xun simply states:

"We have another presence approaching. And probably like with Raznik we need someone to speak to it."

Says the Half-Orc.

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun exhales when he sees the dead Poracha. He didn't feel it before but he feels tired and appreciates the rest. Even that he does not need it physically, he finds balance by playing a bit on his flute.

Using Refocus to regain 1 Focus Point.

When another ghost is visible Xun simply states:

"We have another presence approaching. And probably like with Raznik we need someone to speak to it."

Says the Half-Orc.

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

"I didn't know if that would work. I suppose I still don't as it might have been expelled upon dying. I'm just glad we didn't have to burn the tree down."

When the group starts moving again, Anjo returns to scouting as there is apparently nothing left to track.

Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

Teja approaches the second spirit. Knowledge is not gained without risk.

Tentatively she holds her hand out to it, trying to make communition.

Horizon Hunters

CN male razortooth goblin ranger 1 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | speed 25

Raznik pokes the dead cat to make sure it won't get back up and kill them. When he looks up, he sees the spirit. "Scary visions! Be ready for weird memories!"

Grand Lodge

JR checks out the dead cat.

Xun exhales when he sees the dead Poracha. He points out the new spirit.

Anjo looks glad not to have to burn the tree. He beings scouting once more.

Raznik pokes at the dead cat and warns Teja about visions

Teja approaches the second spirit and holds out her hand to it. The spirit floats to Teja and joins with her. Teja’s eyes roll back in her head as the spirit shares its memories.

Teja:

You recall moving through the forest knowing and caring for the plants and animals. You have a vision of approaching a sick and wounded tiger trying to calm it so you can tend its wounds. Unfortunately the beast is madden by its wounds and attacks you ripping into your flesh.

The next memory Teja experiences is of following the Kitsune thief after it escape from the earlier caravan attack with a sack of loot. You followed him into a clearing deeper in the woods where the spirit observed the kitsune opening the sack and pulling the items out just gleefully fingering them as he holds them to the light just to see them sparkle or shine. Among the relics was a green scarf and a cold iron Katana.

You feel the Kitsune is an opportunistic scoundrel who took the opening to sneak in and steal a variety of goods while the caravan was under attack. As the scene continues the Kitsune was approached by the forest spirit who warned him that the stolen scarf relic housed a trapped kami and a dangerous witch was seeking it’s magic. This left the Kitsune confused and worried. Teja/spirit feels the Kitsune could be tricked into surrendering the relics through deception or underworld lore. Alternately one could just use thievery to still the goods back.

The vision ends with a mental image of where to find the thief’s tracks and an impression of which way to go.

Merging with the sprite leaves Teja more knowledge about the forest and its Kami +2 bonus to lore checks and checks to recall knowledge. Unfortunately the spirit strongly feels that humanoids are beholden to the beast of the woods and as such it imposes Weakness 2 against natural attacks.

Anyone trained in survival can attempt to track the Kitsune thief. It's still early in the day.

Raznik/spirit's power:
Raznik absorbed some of the spirit's personality he gains its increased agility and 5ft bonus to speed, but also a fear of the forest at the beginning of each encounter make a DC 5 flat check or be frightened 1 for first round. Both effects are for the rest of the adventure.

Status: exploration mode (Snowfall -2 to perception, village blessing - reroll a single saving throw once per encounter)

Anjo: -
Teja: -
Orla: -
Xun: -
Junior: -
Raznik: -

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

As an FYI, JR was the first to attempt to commune with the spirit in case you missed it.

Anjo attempts to track the thief.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

"The spirit... it was a local... caring for the forest and its creatures... but one, wounded.... turned on him. A tiger." she says shaking her head from the vision.

"Then... dead now I guess. I saw the theif. An earlier theft. The kitsune... doesn't appear evil.. just delights in the beauty of the objects. Aside from the treasure I saw... I saw... a green scarf and a kanata - made of cold iron. That might be useful if we face more of those cats. They were in a clearing."

"The scarf... it traps a Kami! A witch seeks it.... the kisune is worried... if we meet it, then we may be able to persuade it to give us the scarf."
Deception or underworld lore could be helpful here.

"I... I know where it went. I think the spirit wants us to get the scarf and probably free the kami."

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun observes again how the spirit uses Teja to pass its information. Speaking with ghosts of different nature is something that his tribe was into. And Xun still is. Seeing how Anjo begins to track Xun knows that there is one way for him to help in that.

"Anjo, wait a moment..."

He reaches into his pouch and takes out some dust that he spreads on his hands and chants for a moment providing spiritual help to Anjo.

Then he does the same thing to Raznik.

"I feel your spirit nearby, but this should not interfere in your bond in any way."

Xun will provide Guidace to Anjo and Raznik

Horizon Hunters

CN male razortooth goblin ranger 1 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | speed 25

Raznik seems scared about venturing deep into the forest, but eventually he takes a deep sigh and agrees. "We find thief. Steal back the scarf, maybe sword too?"

Survival (guidance): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

Anjo looks for signs of the kitsune passing, but can’t see any.

Teja recovering from the spirit merger tells the other what she experienced.

Observing the spirit and Teja Xun takes a moment to give magical guidance to both Anjo and Raznik.

Nervous about venturing into the forest, Raznik starts looking for the trail of the kitsune.

Teja leads the way into the forest after the kitsune. Lin Po and Ti Lan are unwilling to abandon the caravan though they do stop and make camp awaiting the Pathfinders safe return.

Plunging into the forest guided by the spirits, the group makes a good time navigating deeper in the forest for about an hour, then coming into a clearing you spot the thief. A kitsune carrying a sack of valuables taken from the caravan. He looks nervous and ready to run at the first sign of trouble, ” Who are you, why are you following me?”

Teja/spirit’s power:
Merging with the sprite leaves Teja more knowledge about the forest and its Kami +2 bonus to lore checks and checks to recall knowledge. Unfortunately, the spirit strongly feels that humanoids are beholden to the beast of the woods and as such it imposes Weakness 2 against natural attacks.

Raznik/spirit's power:
Raznik absorbed some of the spirit's personality he gains its increased agility and 5ft bonus to speed, but also a fear of the forest at the beginning of each encounter make a DC 5 flat check or be frightened 1 for first round. Both effects are for the rest of the adventure.

Status: exploration mode (Snowfall -2 to perception, village blessing - reroll a single saving throw once per encounter)

Anjo: -
Teja: -
Orla: -
Xun: -
Junior: -
Raznik: -

Still in encounter mode for now.

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun stops shocked to see a Kitsune talking to them. He waves his hands asking the loas to aid him, Junior and Orla.
If Xun have the availability he would call Guidance on himself,Junior and Orla to get +1 on next skill check. If not ignore the +1

The half-orc steps forward and says:

"Well hello there. My name is Xun and I am a storyweaver speaking with ghost from my world. We are on a mission to find a powerful and cunning Kitsune who acquired a green scarf and a katana among other trinkets. We were send to help the Kitsune in calming the vengful witch that wishes to get the scarf and the katana. We were send by the majors forest spirit caring and worrying about you. Will you give us your belongings so that we can help you? The gods smiled upon you!"

I don't know if secret checks allow for usage of Hero Point, but if so. I would reroll any roll below 10. So if a 1d20 gives <10 I reroll with hero point.

Deception, lie is a secret roll:

Deception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Deception, using hero point: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

I have the same modifier as Junior, given the rules in Pathfinder 2e I will accept the aid another from Junior(+7 deception) and Orla(+6 deception) DC is 20. On critical failure you give -1 and a success you give +1. You have 15-20% of reducing my score, 50-55% of having no impact and 35%-30% of adding +1

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

Anjo designates the kitsune as his prey, but makes no threatening move, hoping diplomacy will win the day.

This triggers Monster Hunter Recall Knowledge check

Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

Teja stands, looking astonished that the kitsune in person looks so much like the one of the vision.

Spirit within. Do you have a name? Is this what you wanted?

Verdant Wheel

NG Male Half Elf | Elemental Water Sorcerer 1 HP 16/16 | AC15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25|Focus 1/1 | Spells 1 3/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Junior does what he can to help Raznik track the kitsune down. Lucky for them the snow makes the trail easy to follow.

"No need to be afraid, we're here to help my foxy friend." He smiles.

Aid/Assist Diplomacy, Guidance?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20

Horizon Hunters

CN male razortooth goblin ranger 1 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | speed 25

Raznik looks at the fox-creature, trying to remember what it looked like in his vision. "You take dangerous things. Why? You work with cat-monster?"

Grand Lodge

Xun steps forward speaking calmly with the Kitsune telling the Kitsune his group was sent save him from the vengeful witch all he has to do is hand over the goods.

The Kitsune looks nervously at the woods and the pathfinders, ” The forest spirits send you to protect me Dorobu? How do I know if I give you everything you’ll just leave me to face the witch alone? I will give you just the scarf that’s what the Witch wants.” Dorobu offers Xun the green scarf, keeping the rest of the loot bag in his other hand.

(Making the deception checks for this encounter with Dorobu is ok.)

Anjo studies the Kitsune. He knows that Kitsune, or fox folk, are vulpine shapeshifters known for their love of both trickery and art. Kitsune possess two forms: that of an attractive human of slender build with salient eyes, and their true form of an anthropomorphic fox. Their abilities are as varied as humans.

Teja stands astonished, the spirit within feels calm as the scene plays out.

JR assist Xun in speaking with Dorobu

Looking at the Kitsune, Raznik asks why he worked with cat-monster.

Dorobu smiles proudly, ” Ha, I’m sneaky. The cat was tricked by fey to attack the caravan. I snuck in while none were watching. I now think the fey were doing the Witches bidding and now she hunts me.“ His ears droop as he finished.

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 13

Teja/spirit’s power:
Merging with the sprite leaves Teja more knowledge about the forest and its Kami +2 bonus to lore checks and checks to recall knowledge. Unfortunately, the spirit strongly feels that humanoids are beholden to the beast of the woods and as such it imposes Weakness 2 against natural attacks.

Raznik/spirit's power:
Raznik absorbed some of the spirit's personality he gains its increased agility and 5ft bonus to speed, but also a fear of the forest at the beginning of each encounter make a DC 5 flat check or be frightened 1 for first round. Both effects are for the rest of the adventure.

Status: exploration mode (Snowfall -2 to perception, village blessing - reroll a single saving throw once per encounter)

Anjo: -
Teja: -
Orla: -
Xun: -
Junior: -
Raznik: -

Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

"What more can you tell us about the witch? I'm wondering if the fey are working for her, if we won't be free of the woods ourselves until the witch has been dealt with..." notes Teja.

Then, to the others she adds "And why did those other fey attack the village... there is something else going on here."

Verdant Wheel

NG Male Half Elf | Elemental Water Sorcerer 1 HP 16/16 | AC15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25|Focus 1/1 | Spells 1 3/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

We're here to try to help this guy and he's holding back everything? How selfish can you be?

"We aren't trying to leave you to the witch. We're only trying to fix the situation and save our caravan." JR manages to keep his temper in check for now, hopefully the fox creature cooperates.

Grand Archive

NG Male Half-Orc Bard 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 18 | F +3 R +6 W +5 | Perc +5 (low-light vision) | Stealth +6 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Xun sincerely hoped for a better success but accepts the scarf.

"I second what Junior is saying. If you have doubts in our words, join us when we deal with the witch. But the blade could be a great asset while dealing with the fey."

The bard says.

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

Anjo watches his prey quietly.

Grand Archive

NG female human rogue scholar HP 17/17; hero 3/3; AC 18; F +4; R +9; W +5; P +5; Stealth +9; 25'; Conditions: none

Teja eyes up the katana. "You know, if we were to take out the witch for you, that katana would be very helpful. It's too big for you to use easily..."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Horizon Hunters

CN male razortooth goblin ranger 1 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 | F +7 R +9 W +4 | Perc +6 | Stealth +7 | speed 25

Raznik shrugs. "Witch trying to kill you. I think you not in position to make demands. We killed cat for being bad. We can deal with witch."

Grand Lodge

Teja questions Dorobu about the witch.

The Kitsune rolls his eyes, ”I thought everyone knew about the witch. The infamous woodland hag that has menaced border villages for years. As the story goes she hungrily seeks kami to power her profane magic to remove a cursed inflicted upon her by another hag long ago. Attacked a village, I don’t know maybe she was following the artifacts.”

JR scolded the fox.

Dorobu seems unfazed, ”Hey I look out for number one, nobody else does … herr hasn’t in the past.”

Xun ask for Dorobu to join them against the witch and suggest the blade could be a great help.

Anjo continues to watch the Kitsune like a hunter.

Teja ask for the katana nicely.

Dorobu eyes the sword and then the group, ”Fine! Here. Who am I kidding I don’t fight . A person could get killed that way.” He tosses the low-grade cold iron katana to Teja and it lands at her feet.

Raznik tells Dorobu that they will take care of the witch.

As your group is focused on Dorobu an Sickly-looking young woman limps hurriedly into the clearing, ”Help! These creatures are attacking me and I’m lost!”

Everyone sees a tiny misshappend humanoid winged creature with a mouth full of sharp teeth flying menicling above the limping young woman.

Anjo and Orla:
There is something off about the young woman, you can’t quite put your finger on it. Maybe her movement is not right for a young woman.

Dorobu yeps drops his sack of loot and flees into the forest.

GM rolls:

init hag Deception w/+2 advantage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14
init stealth w/+2 adv: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
init stealth w/+2 adv: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
Average init 12
init Dorobu: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 2 = 14

GM Rolls:

1d20 ⇒ 3

Teja/spirit’s power:
Merging with the sprite leaves Teja more knowledge about the forest and its Kami +2 bonus to lore checks and checks to recall knowledge. Unfortunately, the spirit strongly feels that humanoids are beholden to the beast of the woods and as such it imposes Weakness 2 against natural attacks.

Raznik/spirit's power:
Raznik absorbed some of the spirit's personality he gains its increased agility and 5ft bonus to speed, but also a fear of the forest at the beginning of each encounter make a DC 5 flat check or be frightened 1 for first round. Both effects are for the rest of the adventure.

Status: Roll initiative if you roll greater than a 12 you may act this round. (Snowfall -2 to perception, village blessing - reroll a single saving throw once per encounter)

Anjo: -
Teja: -
Orla: -
Xun: -
Junior: -
Raznik: -

Roll initiative (remember -2 to perception due to snowfall.) Anyone who rolls greater than a 12 may act!

Verdant Wheel

NG Male Half Elf | Elemental Water Sorcerer 1 HP 16/16 | AC15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +2 | Speed 25|Focus 1/1 | Spells 1 3/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Initiative, Snow: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 = 5

Junior watches as things turn in their favor, the fox giving up the sword, then surprisingly dropping the other loot as it flees.. something.

"Say what? Who're you?" He asks.

151 to 200 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2 / GMGlyn] 1-06 Lost on The Spirit Road - Table one All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.