Qstor's PFS #10-04: Reaver's Roar (7-11) (FULL)

Game Master Qstor

maps and slides


51 to 100 of 156 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

AC 31 T 13 FF 30| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +10 R +11 W +9 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-2/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness

Sayna takes the phial graciously. "Thank you, dear boy. My last girlfriend always did say I looked electrifying in my armor." She smiles to herself.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30

Sayna leans in to Ograk. "Alchemists, eh? Personally, I think it's all a bit of fun, these weird tinctures and such."

She'd offer to take it for him but the bonus is redudant with her heightened awareness

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The party wakes it's way towards the temple.

DC 20 Survival:
you see tracks
leading from the village toward the Bastion, as well as a
piece of netting caught on a loose nail. The tracks appear to
have been made by orcs.

The area is eerily quiet. No sound of insects or birds can be heard.
The houses here have begun to rot, and the forest is slowly
reclaiming the paths and road. Moss grows on the sides of leaning
houses, vines snake across, through, and under the cobblestones.
Here and there long abandoned crates and barrels sprawl, cracked
open like eggs. The scene would be almost beautiful were it
not for the remains of villagers and would-be heroes scattered
amongst the ruins.
A mangled corpse hangs from the branches of a nearby tree,
draped over two of the larger boughs. The body is clad in frayed
leather armor, and its rotted innards spill down the length of
the tree trunk. Somewhere ahead, the clang of metal and the
stamping of feet echo through the woods.

You also hear cries and screams of pain in Orcish.

as an aside you learned that the reaver has killed scores of villagers and adventurers over the 11 years it has occupied the Bastion. Dim witted and highly aggressive, it viciously attacks any interlopers in its established territory.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Dr. Zephyrus Vitruvian wrote:
I believe we are STILL waiting for the fruit of my Knowledge (Arcana) roll.

it's a magical beast. DR 10/epic; Immune sleep; Resist acid 15, cold 15, electricity 15, fire 15. Anything else?

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +24 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul

Ograk has a +22 on survival.

Ograk explains his discovery,” Orcs, came this way recently. You can see their tracks, and there, a bit of torn net that caught on a nail.

Upon hearing the screaming,” And that’d be the orcs and the reaver I assume. Maybe we should hurry to see if we can get to the Bastion while its distracted? Or should we try to help the orcs?

Dark Archive

male Elf Alchemist 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23*,T 14,FF 19*|HP: 65*/55|*F +10, R +14, W +6 (+4 vs poison/+7* vs fear/contact disease/+1 vs inhaled disease/poison/stench)|Init +4, Perc +17*|CMB +11* CMD 21|16/17 Bombs, 1/1 Mutagen, 9/9 Healing Touch, 1/1 Tattoo
GM Qstor wrote:
it's a magical beast. DR 10/epic; Immune sleep; Resist acid 15, cold 15, electricity 15, fire 15. Anything else?

I'd already asked: Special attacks?

DM (and DM alone! *ominous thunderclap*):
Do any of the dead adventurers have stats (or would/could they if reanimated)?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Dr. Zephyrus Vitruvian wrote:
GM Qstor wrote:
it's a magical beast. DR 10/epic; Immune sleep; Resist acid 15, cold 15, electricity 15, fire 15. Anything else?

I'd already asked: Special attacks?

** spoiler omitted **

sorry rend and roar

Dr. Zephyrus:
Dr. Frankenstein aka Dr. Henri Moritz has taken them all to Ustalav (Trial of the beast) In all seriousness. No

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34), T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

If we knew about the Roar before travel, are you okay with me snagging a wand of remove fear back at the lodge?

Liberty's Edge

AC 31 T 13 FF 30| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +10 R +11 W +9 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-2/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness

Sayna is very good at dealing with fear thanks to her at will Lion’s Call, so it might not be necessary

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Narayan Singh wrote:
If we knew about the Roar before travel, are you okay with me snagging a wand of remove fear back at the lodge?

Sure

Are you guys moving forward to where the shouts of the orcs are?

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +24 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul

Is it the same direction as our destination (the Bastion)? If so yes, although I assume people may put up buffs. My life bubble is down, having only lasted a few hours

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Ograk wrote:
Is it the same direction as our destination (the Bastion)? If so yes, although I assume people may put up buffs. My life bubble is down, having only lasted a few hours

Yep, the sounds are in the same direction as where you're headed

I added a pic of the reaver from the scenario cover as Slide 2, up above

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34), T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Party's running all over the place suck, and morale and competence stack anyways :-)

Barkskin again and
UMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 Mage Armor
UMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 Heightened Awareness
UMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36 Remove Fear
UMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29 Shield

"The orcss may be our allies thiss day. Esspecially if the Reaver fails to eat them."

Liberty's Edge

AC 31 T 13 FF 30| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +10 R +11 W +9 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-2/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness

Sayna refreshes her Heightened Awareness once we are there

Sayna has her sword and banner out as the party advances. "Keep me near the front, dears. Also, stand next to me if you want to be protected." She will lead the way towards the sounds of battle.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

You press ahead and see the reaver destroy and eviscerate the remaining orcs. Its armored hide appears nigh impenetrable.

fight or make a run for it?

Liberty's Edge

AC 31 T 13 FF 30| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +10 R +11 W +9 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-2/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness

I believe we were leaning more towards holding off fighting for now, so run, I suppose

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +24 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul

Can we run past it into the Bastion?

Silver Crusade

HP: 83/83; Karogo 105/105 | AC: 24*, Touch 15, Flat 19*, CMD 24; Karogo AC: 34*, Touch 13, Flat 30*, CMD 30 | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +14/+10/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +3 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 4/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 1/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/1

"There's no one to save here. Let's reach the Bastion! We were told we could weaken this beast."

Not entirely clear on where 'run' refers to, but let's do that for now. This enemy is not to be taken lightly.

Silver Crusade

Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +4, +2 vs shadow spells, Male Wayang Hooded Champion 2 / Primal Hunter 8 Init +6 | HP 82/82 | AC 23, T16, FF19 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +4 | CMD 27| Perception +7

Adulese nods in agreement to this plan.
Stealth: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (10) + 28 = 38

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

OK the author really didn't intend for you to fight it.

The party tries to dash past the creature. As three orcs leap out from behind the trees with nets.

Chase!

You can aid each other's skill checks OR you can attempt to cast a spell or use an ability appropriate to the described challenge.

The orcs rush past the Party, attempting to slow them by tossing their nets on the party. The Party can avoid the nets or throw them back to slow the orcs down.

avoid the nets - Reflex DC 18 OR Tuck n Roll -Acrobatics DC 28

pt 2

The red reaver leaps and pounds the ground with its huge fists, right at the heels of the party. The Party try to stay on their feet through the resulting shock wave.

Roll with it. - Acrobatics DC 30, Slow it down Str check DC 18

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34), T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Narayan swiftly moves towards the front, darting back and forth to encourage his companions to move faster and trailblaze the way ahead!

Avoid the Nets! (Reflex - Sayna's Sisterhood): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 = 23
Slow It Down! (Strength): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

In Chases there's typically a bonus for faster movement (+2/-2 for every 10' you are faster/slower than the "baseline speed". If that exists for this one, Narayan's speed is 60'.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Narayan Singh wrote:


In Chases there's typically a bonus for faster movement (+2/-2 for every 10' you are faster/slower than the "baseline speed". If that exists for this one, Narayan's speed is 60'.

thats fine

btw you don't have to do BOTH tasks, one or the other is fine. @Narayan if you want you can re-roll.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +24 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul

Ograk helps avoid the nets.
aid reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34), T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Nah I'm happy with my rolls - just wanted to check for the rest of the chase. :-)
Also, I thought there were two different events, each of which had two options to bypasss - so that's why I went for avoiding the nets, then resisting the Reaver with main strength

Liberty's Edge

AC 31 T 13 FF 30| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +10 R +11 W +9 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-2/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness

Yeah, that’s how it reads to me

Reflex Assist (sisterhood style): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19

Strength Check Assist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Silver Crusade

HP: 83/83; Karogo 105/105 | AC: 24*, Touch 15, Flat 19*, CMD 24; Karogo AC: 34*, Touch 13, Flat 30*, CMD 30 | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +14/+10/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +3 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 4/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 1/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/1

Part 1: Reflex Assist & Tiger/Stag focus: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 21
Part 2: Strength Assist & Bull/Stag focus: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 16

Tessaviri begins rapidly shifting through animal focuses as she races away from the Red Reaver.

8/10 focuses remaining. It didn't look necessary, but I would have used them before I saw Narayan's rolls. And I hardly ever use many focuses, so this is neat!

A lot of the modern chases I've seen don't require players to declare assist or not. The highest roll is assisted by everyone else automatically. Does that apply here?

Also, am I OK to have Karogo join in the various checks? Or if you want to keep it to just one of us & avoid inflating the player count, I could just use whichever of the two characters would be better at the challenge in question.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Tessaviri Erisanthe wrote:


A lot of the modern chases I've seen don't require players to declare assist or not. The highest roll is assisted by everyone else automatically. Does that apply here?

yeah it reads -"For each obstacle, each PC can attempt one of the listed saving throws, skill checks, or ability checks, or they can

attempt to cast a spell or use an ability appropriate to the
described challenge. At the end of the turn, use the highest
result. Any other check results with a total of 10 or higher
should be treated as though the PC had used the aid another
action to assist.

Tessaviri Erisanthe wrote:


Also, am I OK to have Karogo join in the various checks?

It's your call. I'm ok with you rolling for Karogo

Dr. Zephyrus is up!

Silver Crusade

Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +4, +2 vs shadow spells, Male Wayang Hooded Champion 2 / Primal Hunter 8 Init +6 | HP 82/82 | AC 23, T16, FF19 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +4 | CMD 27| Perception +7

Avoid the Nets: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Dark Archive

male Elf Alchemist 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23*,T 14,FF 19*|HP: 65*/55|*F +10, R +14, W +6 (+4 vs poison/+7* vs fear/contact disease/+1 vs inhaled disease/poison/stench)|Init +4, Perc +17*|CMB +11* CMD 21|16/17 Bombs, 1/1 Mutagen, 9/9 Healing Touch, 1/1 Tattoo

Avoid the Nets: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Slow It Down: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Self-destructive as his "exercise regimen" may appear, it seems to be paying off in spades just at the moment!

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +24 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul

Ograk feebly attempts to aid in slowing it down.

strength,ACP: 1d20 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 2 - 1 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The party manages to slow it down a bit and avoid the nets of the orcs.

pts 3 and 4

The party is chased into the remains of the old
market square, containing wares and even some currency.

Ooh, Shiny!: The PCs can toss a few of the particularly shiny baubles
behind them to distract the reaver, or cut a few ropes to drop
an awning onto the orcs.

bluff or sense motive DC 25 or Disable device 20

pt 4

You spot the remains of an old fort, standing in your way.

They Won’t Be Needing This Anyway: The PCs spot rough,
abandoned fortifications. The PCs can weave through and
around the debris or prop up the polearms left there.

acrobatics or sleight of hand DC 25/craft traps DC 20

Silver Crusade

HP: 83/83; Karogo 105/105 | AC: 24*, Touch 15, Flat 19*, CMD 24; Karogo AC: 34*, Touch 13, Flat 30*, CMD 30 | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +14/+10/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +3 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 4/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 1/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/1

"They said the Reaver likes shiny things!" Tessaviri shouts as she ducks under a piece of masonry the reaver sent flying through the air. "Let's give him some!"

Sense Motive & Tiger/Stag Focus: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16 - I'm omitting any talk of assist since the checks should end up as assists if I don't roll the highest.
I'm thinking Karogo can't really add in on this one.

Seeing the fortifications, Tessaviri and Karogo increase their speed to find a path the party can take ahead.
Tessaviri Acrobatics & Tiger/Stag Focus: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 13
Karogo Acrobatics, Tiger/Stag Focus & base 50' speed: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 18

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +24 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul

Sense we don't need to specify aiding, I'll just roll, I assume both with be aids.

Ograk quickly scans over which baubles the reaver would like.

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

He also attempts to weave

acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 - 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

AC 31 T 13 FF 30| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +10 R +11 W +9 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-2/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39

Sayna’s training in singing has made her a quick study, and she immediately picks out the choicest baubles even as Tessa begins speaking.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Sayna is however far less quick at acrobatic maneuvers in her armor.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34), T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Narayan does his best to realize Sayna's vision in distracting the Reaver with beauty, but when it comes to the fortifications, he once more takes the lead, weaving his brawny frame between and over chunks of debris while he clears a path just wide enough for his companions.

Shiny Baubles: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 6 = 20 So aid
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 6 = 27

Dark Archive

male Elf Alchemist 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23*,T 14,FF 19*|HP: 65*/55|*F +10, R +14, W +6 (+4 vs poison/+7* vs fear/contact disease/+1 vs inhaled disease/poison/stench)|Init +4, Perc +17*|CMB +11* CMD 21|16/17 Bombs, 1/1 Mutagen, 9/9 Healing Touch, 1/1 Tattoo

Disable Device, heroism: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

Dr. Vitruvian takes a darker approach to discouraging their pursuers, snipping a few ropes that had been supporting a heavy awning...just in time for it to splat down onto the orcs beneath it.

Sleight of Hand, heroism: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38

Once at the fort, he sets to rigging the abundant supply of handy polearms into a series of deadly traps, all with downright disquieting ease.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Adulese is up

Silver Crusade

Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +4, +2 vs shadow spells, Male Wayang Hooded Champion 2 / Primal Hunter 8 Init +6 | HP 82/82 | AC 23, T16, FF19 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +4 | CMD 27| Perception +7

Shiny Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Weave Acrobatics + Derring Do: 1d20 + 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + (2) + 10 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The reaver is still hot on your tails!

The doors of the Bastion of Light are just
ahead, but the party must first navigate the cemetery. The red
reaver grabs an unburied corpse and throws the pieces at the
party.

The PCs can zigzag through the gravestones or attempt
to climb across the tombs to evade the gruesome projectiles,
or knock a leaning statue across the red reaver’s path.

Gravestone Dash:Acrobatics DC 30 Mousoleum Mount:
Climb DC 20

next part

The party race through the door of the Bastion
of Light and move quickly to close and bar the door before the
red reaver can get inside.

The PCs can free the rusted iron bar
from its place on the wall or stack up pews and other debris
to make a hasty barricade.I think a STR check would work too?

Brace It: Knowledge (engineering) DC 20 Nail it Shut: Craft (carpentry or stonemasonry) DC 24

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +24 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul

Ograk muses to himself, I’m not good at running away.

Regardless, he tries to help his allies in their tasks. First he flies over the cemetery and calls out a clear path.
I have no idea if I can aid acrobatics with a perception vis this action , but if so I automatically make the perception.

As he flies into the door, he tries to help with nailing it shut.

intelligence check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Liberty's Edge

AC 31 T 13 FF 30| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +10 R +11 W +9 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-2/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness

Sayna scrambles up and across the tombs much faster one might assume given her armor.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Her long life and experience comes to her benefit as Sayna remembers exactly how to finagle the rusted iron bar off the wall, slamming it down to bar the door.

Knowledge (engineering) w/heightened awareness: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28

Well now! I’ve never had that happen in a pbp before :o

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34), T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

I'm a little worried we're gonna need some of these high rolls later :-p

Narayan hurtles over the mausoleum, then hauls over a pew to help Sayna perfect her barricade!

Climb: 1d20 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 6 = 29
Str Check: 1d20 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 6 = 31

Silver Crusade

Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +4, +2 vs shadow spells, Male Wayang Hooded Champion 2 / Primal Hunter 8 Init +6 | HP 82/82 | AC 23, T16, FF19 | Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +4 | CMD 27| Perception +7

Adulese rages
Climb Mausoleum: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 = 32
Strength Build Barricade: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Dark Archive

male Elf Alchemist 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23*,T 14,FF 19*|HP: 65*/55|*F +10, R +14, W +6 (+4 vs poison/+7* vs fear/contact disease/+1 vs inhaled disease/poison/stench)|Init +4, Perc +17*|CMB +11* CMD 21|16/17 Bombs, 1/1 Mutagen, 9/9 Healing Touch, 1/1 Tattoo
Narayan Singh wrote:
I'm a little worried we're gonna need some of these high rolls later :-p

Now, now, "Gambler's Fallacy" (I mean, except when it works, in which case it's called "the Law of Averages") -_^

Mausoleum Mount: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 0.0

Dr. Vitruvian's punishing regimen continues to vindicate itself as he scrabbles, almost ghoul-like himself, across the chaotic tombscape...

...and once inside the Bastion, he helps strengthen the barricade by adding something of his own: A combination of two syrupy fluids, which he carefully smears down the doorframe, and to which he then applies a single drop of etheric fluid from a tiny dropper, causing the first application of substances to rapidly congeal into a powerful glue!

Better Continued living through chemistry!

Silver Crusade

HP: 83/83; Karogo 105/105 | AC: 24*, Touch 15, Flat 19*, CMD 24; Karogo AC: 34*, Touch 13, Flat 30*, CMD 30 | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +14/+10/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +3 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 4/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 1/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/1

Tessaviri scrambles up the wall of a nearby tomb, borrowing from the creatures of nature to help her ascent, followed closely behind by Karogo.

Tessaviri Climb + Monkey/Stag Focus: 1d20 + 6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 6 + 2 = 30
Karogo Climb + Bear/Bull Focus & base speed 50': 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 2 + 4 = 30

5/10 animal focuses remaining

As the party races inside the Bastion and attempts to bar the door, Tessaviri looks around for something to help reinforce the barrier.

Tessaviri Craft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

OK last part

The party hears the creature bang on the doors. They need to seal it further.

Nothing Gets In or Out: The PCs run around the perimeter
of the room to seal off any other possible entrances the red
reaver could use. The PCs can stack more debris or collapse a
few loose stones to block the doors.

Better Dark than Dead: Craft (stonemasonry) DC 20 Pile High:
Strength DC 20

They realize that it might get in a window.

Board the Windows: The last thing the PCs need to do in
order to seal the Bastion of Light is secure the windows.
The PCs work together to loosen the heavily corroded metal
shutters and latch them.

Shutter Everything: Craft (carpentry) DC 20 Bolt that on here:
Disable Device DC 25

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34), T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 11/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Pfffft - and you doubted my understanding of the whims of the dice gods :-p

Narayan's strength and limited ingenuity fails him as he tries to barricade the last of the entrances...

Strength: 1d20 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 6 = 13
Carpentry: 1d20 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 6 = 9

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +24 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul

Ograk feebly attempts to assist with stacking and boarding up. Pharasma smiles upon him and says not this day as he summons strength and carpentry skills out of thin air

strength: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14
intelligence: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20.

lol at dice

Silver Crusade

HP: 83/83; Karogo 105/105 | AC: 24*, Touch 15, Flat 19*, CMD 24; Karogo AC: 34*, Touch 13, Flat 30*, CMD 30 | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +14/+10/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +3 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 4/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 1/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 5/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/4, 4th 1/1

Tessaviri and Karogo join the effort to help block the door.

Tessaviri Strength check (Bear/Stag Focus): 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 22
Karogo Strength check (Bear/Bull Focus): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16

4/10 Animal Focus remaining

While Karogo adds his weight to the obstacles blocking the door, Tessaviri tries to help seal the windows.

Tessaviri Intelligence check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Liberty's Edge

AC 31 T 13 FF 30| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +10 R +11 W +9 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-2/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness

Strength Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Int Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The dice giveth and taketh :(

I think we are relying on the doctor’s disable device for this last one at this rate!

Dark Archive

male Elf Alchemist 9
Spoiler:
|AC 23*,T 14,FF 19*|HP: 65*/55|*F +10, R +14, W +6 (+4 vs poison/+7* vs fear/contact disease/+1 vs inhaled disease/poison/stench)|Init +4, Perc +17*|CMB +11* CMD 21|16/17 Bombs, 1/1 Mutagen, 9/9 Healing Touch, 1/1 Tattoo

Better Dark Than Dead: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Bolt That On Here!: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

Dr. Vitruvian manages a truly heroic effort, shoring up doors and fixing latches as if the Bastion were just another University cadaver to be stitched up!

51 to 100 of 156 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS #10-04: Reaver's Roar (7-11) (FULL) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.