Qstor's PFS #10-04: Reaver's Roar (7-11) (FULL) (Inactive)

Game Master Qstor

maps and slides


151 to 200 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

AC 32 T 17 FF 29| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +13 R +14 W +12 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-1/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness, Sisterhood Style, Inspire Courage +2

Orcish:
”I accept your surrender.”

Sayna sheathes her sword for the moment as a gesture of goodwill. ”He is indeed surrendering.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

He turns to Sayna.

Orcish:
"I leave!"

you can collect the gear of the other orcs if you want?

Silver Crusade

HP: 103/103*; Karogo 121/121* | AC: 23*, Touch 18*, Flat 18*, CMD 27*; Karogo AC: 37*, Touch 14*, Flat 34*, CMD 37* | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +16/+9/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +2 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 3/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 0/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 0/5, 3rd 0/4, 4th 0/1

"If you can, find out what these guys were here for. And if there are more of them about."

Did any of the other orcs survive?

Tessaviri begins searching the room and looting the equipment of the orc belligerents.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Tessaviri Erisanthe wrote:

"If you can, find out what these guys were here for. And if there are more of them about."

Did any of the other orcs survive?

Tessaviri begins searching the room and looting the equipment of the orc belligerents.

yeah 2 of them didn't die

Searching the orcs, the party finds. potions of cure moderate wounds (10);
+1 breastplate, (5) +1 battleaxe, (5) +1 cloak of resistance (5) and some gold.

you guys also remember the reaver is circling the temple, trying to get in

The orc says again.

Orcish:
Me go?"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34)35*, T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 9/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Yeesh - 10 potions?! I'll chug one of those to top off then

After Translation:
"If he leaves alone, he will quickly become prey. Perhapss he can show uss and himsself the fruitss of more cooperation?"

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Ograk posits,” If we searched this room and found no reliquaries that’ll help against the Reaver outside, time to search elsewhere .

I thought the idea is to find stuff tied to the reaver/holy relics that will weaken it. If I understand GM there is nothing in this room but the orcs. Are these two understandings correct?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Ograk wrote:


I thought the idea is to find stuff tied to the reaver/holy relics that will weaken it. If I understand GM there is nothing in this room but the orcs. Are these two understandings correct?

The VC also said "and find a way to rid Roslar’s Coffer of the red reaver"

update -

The orcs have pocketed a number of small relics
of some interest. Among them is a golden holy symbol of
Sarenrae worth 200 gp, seven sets of prayer beads worth 20 gp
each, and a handful of rubies worth 150 gp. The orcs also carry
a small copper statue of a sword and another small alabaster
statue of a lioness

Searching the room the party sees built into the wall along the southern side of the room is a large pictorial shrine to Sarenrae. The shrine is carved in the shape of a large ankh, with a hollow in each extremity
and another in the center. Scattered on the floor beside
the shrine are several small statues and the remnants of a
broken wood tray.

there's seven statutes in all and books to check. This is a library There's five "hollows"

DC 17 Knowledge (religion):
You can can identify one of the
figures of their choice; for every two points by which you exceed this check, you identify one additional figure

If you don't have religion you can use Knowledge (history), Knowledge (planes), Linguistics, or Profession (librarian) check in place of the Knowledge (religion) check

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Yeah, from our briefing what I recalled was that we need to find stuff in here to fight the red reaver, or at least sever its connection with the temples healing magics, or our battle would be pointless.

Ograk recalls what he knows of the religious reliquaries.

Take 10 on Knowledge religion for 28, identifying 6 of the 7 figures?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Ograk does a great job in remembering what the figures are.

The ones he remembers are:

Aeabos: This is the silver soldier. “Sheathed in the scales of
a thousand stars, Aeabos travels the nighttime sky to distant
worlds, sharing the healing light of Sarenrae’s grace.”

Bryla: This is the amber wheel. “She is the burning
wheel. Bryla of Sacred Fire has thrice answered our prayers,
manifesting as a glowing halo to illuminate the way forward
and burn away evil.”

Sarenrae: This is the holy symbol. “She is the Dawnflower,
the heart of light, hope, and redemption.”

Sunlord Thalachos: “The mighty herald of Sarenrae is her
bodyguard and companion. Just as he appears at auspicious
births, so too does Sunlord Thalachos welcome the sun as it
is born anew each day.”

Charlabu: This is the golden dog. “The golden-haired
hound archon Charlabu often masquerades as a mortal dog,
seeking ways to look after those in need without betraying
his disguise. Small acts such as these are the foundation
upon from which redemption arises.”

Mystmorning: This is the copper sword. “Mystmorning is
simultaneously the shining blade and the crowned steed.
Her rose-gold fur reflects the last rays of our goddess before
night, reminding us that the Dawnflower’s light shall return
to conquer darkness once more.”

there's one left. You get the "picture" that the hollows are "top, right left, bottom, center" ie it's a puzzle. Hint: It's a temple of Sarenrae

Dark Archive

male Elf Alchemist 10
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 14, FF 15|HP: 60/60|F +9, R +12, W +3 (+4 vs poison/+2 vs fear/contact disease/+1 vs inhaled disease/poison/stench)|Init +4, Perc +17|CMB +8 CMD 22|18/18 Bombs, 1/1 Mutagen, 10/10 Healing, 1/1 Tattoo

Though by no means a normal part of Lepidstadt's alchemy curriculum, one does not delve as far into the mysteries of life and death as Dr. Vitruvian has without inevitably becoming familiarized with a great many matters normally deemed the province of "religion"...

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42

...and that familiarity serves him well indeed!

Liberty's Edge

AC 32 T 17 FF 29| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +13 R +14 W +12 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-1/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness, Sisterhood Style, Inspire Courage +2

Knowledge (religion) w/heightened awareness: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15

Sayna draws a blank of Sarenrae lore, the iconoclast in her always avoiding anything but the basics of the omnipresent religion of the Dawnflower back when she lived in Osirion a lifetime ago.

”It seems to me that each figure’s description has a descriptor that suggests an order.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The last one is Izorai: This is the alabaster lioness. “Where shadows pool,
evil oft arises. The huntress Izorai sniffs out villainy, yet the
same jaws that kill can gingerly recover the abused and carry
them to safety.”

what order? @sayna is right. There's an order hint in the description

Silver Crusade

HP: 103/103*; Karogo 121/121* | AC: 23*, Touch 18*, Flat 18*, CMD 27*; Karogo AC: 37*, Touch 14*, Flat 34*, CMD 37* | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +16/+9/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +2 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 3/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 0/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 0/5, 3rd 0/4, 4th 0/1

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Mostly dependent on her fellows for knowledge of the Sarenite lore, Tessaviri considers the puzzle carefully.

"Placing Sarenrae at the center or 'heart' of the ankh seems obvious. For the others, I'd guess that Charlabu should go on the bottom, as he is the 'foundation'. Aeabos is depicted as travelling the sky, so placing him on top might be correct."

"There is no explicit mention made of right, left, east or west, but Sunlord Thalachos is associated with the rising sun and Mystmorning with the setting sun. Their order would depend on whether Sarenrae is facing north or south..."

Tessaviri approaches the ankh to check it for traps. If she finds no traps, she'll try placing Aeabos top, Sarenrae center, Charlabu bottom, Sunlord Thalachos right & Mystmorning left. If that doesn't work and nothing bad happens to her, she'll reverse those two.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19 - ugh. Well, she seems confident anyway.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Nothing bad or good happens to Tessaviri as she places the statutees in the following order: Aeabos top, Sarenrae center, Charlabu bottom, Sunlord Thalachos right & Mystmorning left. She then moves them per_ / If that doesn't work and nothing bad happens to her, she'll reverse those two.

Nothing happens when you reserve them. there's no traps here

Hints: your close but you missing "one" One of the ones you mentioned doesn't belong. Sarenrae is obviously the middle

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Ograk guesses,” Maybe we need to keep searching the temple for more idols?

Liberty's Edge

AC 32 T 17 FF 29| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +13 R +14 W +12 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-1/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness, Sisterhood Style, Inspire Courage +2

Sayna shakes her head. "I don't think so. There's already two more idols than there are spots already."

She paces about, scanning the various idols while she muses on the options. "Perhaps Bryla should be at the top? A burning wheel like the sun." With no objections, she will switch out Aeabos for Bryla

Silver Crusade

HP: 103/103*; Karogo 121/121* | AC: 23*, Touch 18*, Flat 18*, CMD 27*; Karogo AC: 37*, Touch 14*, Flat 34*, CMD 37* | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +16/+9/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +2 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 3/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 0/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 0/5, 3rd 0/4, 4th 0/1

And switch the side idols after Sayna's replacement if it doesn't work at first.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Sayna switches out the statutes and a radiance pours
from each extremity of the shrine towards the center hollow
and into the symbol of Sarenrae, which now radiates a soft,
golden light.

it casts "light" now and once per day it automatically affects whomever has it with a breath of life spell (CL 9th) the first time they are reduced to 0 or fewer hit points while inside the Bastion of
Light.

This weakens the reaver too.

Where to next?

Some of the rooms are emtpy and are just full of dirt and debris

the room "up" with the half grey circle. You have to get here by opening one of the doors to the "left" at what's the top of the picture and then one to the right.

if you head there:
This large chamber is dark and reeks of decay, barely alleviated
by a gaping hole in the ceiling above. Stacked along the walls are
the dismembered remains and torn armor of dozens of former
soldiers and Lastwall crusaders. In stark contrast, the western wall
holds an enormous font of clear water. A stone figure of a rose set
into the wall spills water in a trickle into the basin. The low wall
of the font is carved with a brilliant sunburst and is untouched
by the vines and moss that cover the muddy floor of the room.
A steel and gold helmet lays at the bottom of the font, its image
shimmering beneath the subtle ripple of the font’s water.

if you're in that room then DC 25 Perception:
you discover a leather-bound tome written
in Celestial that details a cleansing ritual used by the
clerics of the Bastion of Light during the Shining Crusade.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Where to guys? Are you going to search for the reliquary? After the above room?

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

We search the above room, finding a leather bound tome written in celestial. As the tongues spell reveals it describes a cleansing ritual used during the Shining Crusade, Ograk suggests that they take the time to perform the ritual, given the obvious significance of their earlier actions.

I assume our knowledge religion checks are good enough to simply do the ritual? Take 10 of 28 from Ograk

After that, Ograk suggests they search all of the remaining rooms for anything else that may help against the Reaver.

Reliquary sounds fine

Liberty's Edge

AC 32 T 17 FF 29| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +13 R +14 W +12 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-1/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness, Sisterhood Style, Inspire Courage +2

I'm also good with doing the ritual and then heading on to the reliquary

Silver Crusade

HP: 103/103*; Karogo 121/121* | AC: 23*, Touch 18*, Flat 18*, CMD 27*; Karogo AC: 37*, Touch 14*, Flat 34*, CMD 37* | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +16/+9/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +2 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 3/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 0/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 0/5, 3rd 0/4, 4th 0/1

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 - so close

Tessaviri is up for doing rituals, but I missed which ritual we're talking about. Reliquary next is fine with me too!

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Ograk wrote:
I assume our knowledge religion checks are good enough to simply do the ritual? Take 10 of 28 from Ograk

that's fine

Tessaviri Erisanthe wrote:

Tessaviri is up for doing rituals, but I missed which ritual we're talking about. Reliquary next is fine with me too!

the one I mentioned above here[ooc]

[ooc]The Reliquary is at the bottom "right" of the map through 4 doors. The room has an angular bookcase displayed and a desk and three small benches

After completing another ritual, the party explores the "northern" party of the complex and opens the door to another room.

camera rolls...

The room contains several small benches, some still upright
and intact, arranged around a large reliquary at the far end of
the room. The reliquary is an oak-and-brass stand containing a
two-foot-tall marble statue of a soldier in armor, kneeling over a
shallow bowl. The soldier’s face wears a pained expression, and
they appear to weep over the bowl. The bowl, made from a black,
lacquered wood, contains a clear liquid.

There's a bad wounded "full" orc sitting on one of the benches. His arm is mangled and very bloodied. It looks like he can't really use it. A golden sunburst is displayed on his breastplate. A scimitar is sheathed at his waist.

DC 15 Perception:
You note that the orc wears the broken
remnants of a wooden holy symbol of Sarenrae around his
neck.

What do you do?

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Ograk calls out,” Hello

Liberty's Edge

AC 32 T 17 FF 29| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +13 R +14 W +12 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-1/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness, Sisterhood Style, Inspire Courage +2

Sayna sheathes her sword in a gesture of peace, though she keeps her hand on the pommel just in case. "Greetings, you look in quite a bad way. Can we be of any assistance?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 103/103*; Karogo 121/121* | AC: 23*, Touch 18*, Flat 18*, CMD 27*; Karogo AC: 37*, Touch 14*, Flat 34*, CMD 37* | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +16/+9/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +2 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 3/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 0/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 0/5, 3rd 0/4, 4th 0/1

Ah, it looks like the ritual was in the Perception spoiler, and I didn't get high enough on Tessaviri's check to look at that.

That post also mentions a cool holy symbol. Did anyone take it? Tessaviri will snag it if no one else does, but she probably doesn't need it unless things get very bad.

"He's a Sarenite, or at least bears her symbol," Tessaviri says as she moves forward with Karogo and examines his condition.

Heal: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

He places his hand on his scimiar as the wolf and Tessaviri approach. He eyes the party warily. As she gets closer Tessaviri seems that his leg is bloodied too and it looks like he can't walk on it.

the Heal check shows he has "ability" damage too

He says in Common keeping his hand on the pommel of the scimitar.

"Hello, I mean no harm. I am Uirch and a warrior of the Dawnflower. Our tribe doesn't not follow the Rough Beast."

What are you doing here?:
“I came here with several others
from my tribe. Mahja Firehair sent twelve of us here to cleanse
the temple and capture the red reaver. The Twisted Nail was
here before us, and it seems they too want the reaver for their
own purposes. We had thought we could remove the beast
and let it loose on our enemies in Belkzen, but it is larger and
more aggressive than we anticipated. It cannot be contained
or reasoned with.”

Are there others like you here?:
“There are other orcs here,
yes, but I am the last of my band in this awful place. There
were a dozen of us when we arrived two days ago. We arrived
quietly and set to work laying traps for the reaver. Then one
of our party was tracked back to our camp by Twisted Nail
brutes. The fight drew the reaver, and the last of us fled here.
Grunsh and I were caught on the steps. She sacrificed herself
so that I could escape, but that thing caught me. I thought I
would die here like all my friends, but it would seem Sarenrae
has other plans for me.”

What do you know about the red reaver?:
“The creature is
very good at sniffing out intruders. We had set up camp north
of here, just beyond the edge of its territory. The creature is not
very smart, so it can be tricked, but do not try to reason with it. I
think its time here has made it more aggressive. It is connected
to the healing font, and perhaps some of the other relics here as
well. If you can break those links, you might weaken it.” We laid a trap for the creature in the main hall but it isn’t
set. If you activate the pressure plate and cables though, the
harness should hold the reaver for a time. I hope that helps.”

Uirch marks on the party's map the location of the trap and
pressure plate.

Where can we find some of these relics?:
“I have seen two:
this reliquary here, and the font in the back of the Bastion.
Search the second floor as well; you may find something else
there. Stay away from the windows and be quiet. The relics
and rituals within this temple were meant for followers of
Sarenrae, so I expect the rituals here to be tied to her.”

What about the helmet?:
“I have seen it. It lies within the
font in the back of the Bastion. Tread carefully in that place
however. The reaver has made a den of that chamber and
filled it with all the things it treasures. There is powerful
magic in that place, and I think the helmet is an important
part of it. If you mean to take it with you, remove it carefully.”

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Ograk sequentially askes Uirch each question, contemplating everything the orc says. He then replies, " Sarenrae did have other plans Uirch. Are you in need of healing? I can't offer a regeneration, but any minor wounds are within my capabilities to remedy. We will put this beast to rest, so it troubles people here no more. Are you able to fight more if it breaks in?"

After conversing with him, Ograk carefully searches for the relics he mentioned in the reliquary.

Take 10 on perception/religion for 36/28 respectively. After here we search this area I suggest we search the rest of this floor (which he didn't indicate as having anything), then go to to the second floor, and finally the font, which contains what we seek.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34)35*, T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 9/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Narayan amiably chats with Uirch as well

"Your plan is mosst ssenssible, Ograk."

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Ograk wrote:

Ograk sequentially askes Uirch each question, contemplating everything the orc says. He then replies, " Sarenrae did have other plans Uirch. Are you in need of healing? I can't offer a regeneration, but any minor wounds are within my capabilities to remedy. We will put this beast to rest, so it troubles people here no more. Are you able to fight more if it breaks in?"

"Yes thank you for the spell. That sounds good." He pauses. "Yes I can fight...but I refer to be in reserve" He seems to fig-id.

sense motive DC 12:
He seems to be VERY afraid of the red reaver

anyone cast detect magic in the room?'

You found the helmet and font in the area A6 which is at the "top" of the map now. If you want to go back to the room. You've searched all the rooms of the temple. If you want to revisit any

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

He mentioned relics in this room but we didn’t interact with any?

Ograk suggests,”I guess we should go get that helm from the font if we’ve searched all the rooms.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Ograk wrote:

He mentioned relics in this room but we didn’t interact with any?

There's a bowl in front of him with some liquid in it. The bowl looks like it's in great shape.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Knowledge 28 religion on it's significance? Maybe for annointing or some othe ritual?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Ograk wrote:
Knowledge 28 religion on it's significance? Maybe for annointing or some othe ritual?

Here's no skill check associated with the bowel but it looks like it's scared to the Dawnflower.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Ograk asks “ Uirch, do you know what the bowl is for? The reaver draws power from this site and performing rituals seems like it will be of aid in the battle against it to come.

Silver Crusade

HP: 103/103*; Karogo 121/121* | AC: 23*, Touch 18*, Flat 18*, CMD 27*; Karogo AC: 37*, Touch 14*, Flat 34*, CMD 37* | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +16/+9/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +2 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 3/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 0/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 0/5, 3rd 0/4, 4th 0/1

With the bowl gaining attention, Tessaviri decides to divine its purpose and casts Detect Magic. "What is this thing?"

Which is cute, but she doesn't really have the ability to do anything about this, lacking Arcana and Spellcraft. Can someone else 'assist'? (in reality you just need to take over)

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

There is no skill check, but it was my hope that a worshipper of Saranrae would know what its for, hence hoping that Uirch can help

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

"It's a holy liquid. I haven't touched it."

hand waving the detect magic. The liquid is magical and detects as conjuration school.

He drinks it's and he seems better.

it's a restoration and curative magic

He turns to the party.

"Did you find the helmet? What are your plans for dealing with the reaver?"

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Ograk drinks a bit,” Good stuff! We plan to kill it...Lets go grab that helmet and go get us a reaver!

Silver Crusade

HP: 103/103*; Karogo 121/121* | AC: 23*, Touch 18*, Flat 18*, CMD 27*; Karogo AC: 37*, Touch 14*, Flat 34*, CMD 37* | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +16/+9/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +2 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 3/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 0/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 0/5, 3rd 0/4, 4th 0/1

Tessaviri nods at Ograk's words. "Whatever the Reaver might have been before it came to the Bastion, it only seems to be an engine of destruction now: releasing it would be too dangerous. We intend to slay the beast and claim the helmet for the Silver Crusade, our benefactors in this endeavour. We mean no disrespect. Is that outcome acceptable to you?"

Does Uirch need further healing at this point?

Liberty's Edge

AC 32 T 17 FF 29| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +13 R +14 W +12 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-1/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness, Sisterhood Style, Inspire Courage +2

Sayna leans on her flag. ”If you are not familiar with the Silver Crusade, know that they are a group of Pathfinders dedicated towards using the Society’s resources for good. Their leader, Ollysta Zadrian, is a powerful paladin of Sarenrae herself, so I guarantee she will see that the helm is treated with proper respect.”

Diplomacy (if needed): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Tessaviri Erisanthe wrote:
Tessaviri nods at Ograk's words. "Whatever the Reaver might have been before it came to the Bastion, it only seems to be an engine of destruction now: releasing it would be too dangerous. We intend to slay the beast and claim the helmet for the Silver Crusade, our benefactors in this endeavour. We mean no disrespect. Is that outcome acceptable to you?"

The orc nods. "Yes, that is fine OF course with me!"

Tessaviri Erisanthe wrote:
Does Uirch need further healing at this point?

he seems at full health now

Sayna Elantho wrote:
Sayna leans on her flag. ”If you are not familiar with the Silver Crusade, know that they are a group of Pathfinders dedicated towards using the Society’s resources for good. Their leader, Ollysta Zadrian, is a powerful paladin of Sarenrae herself, so I guarantee she will see that the helm is treated with proper respect.”

"Thank you. I would talk with all of you again, after the beast is slain!"

where to?

if you head to the font and helmet room - this is the description again:

This large chamber is dark and reeks of decay, barely alleviated
by a gaping hole in the ceiling above. Stacked along the walls are
the dismembered remains and torn armor of dozens of former
soldiers and Lastwall crusaders. In stark contrast, the western wall
holds an enormous font of clear water. A stone figure of a rose set
into the wall spills water in a trickle into the basin. The low wall
of the font is carved with a brilliant sunburst and is untouched
by the vines and moss that cover the muddy floor of the room.
A steel and gold helmet lays at the bottom of the font, its image
shimmering beneath the subtle ripple of the font’s water.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Ograk looks it over for traps, then suggests a more martially oriented ally head to the font and grab it.
36 perception

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34)35*, T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 9/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Once Ograk is satisfied, Narayan reshrouds himself in enchantments and goes for the helmet.

UMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27 Shield
UMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38 Magic Weapon

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Ograk finds a book lol just make the DC a leather-bound tome written in

Celestial:
if you spend 10 minutes readying it you find a cleansing ritual used by the clerics of the Bastion of Light during the Shining Crusade.

Tessaviri speaks Celestial

Narayan finds that the helmet is magically bound to the spot. The helmet
has remained there since the Shining Crusade and cannot be
moved by normal means.

Ograk realizes that some sort of ritual has bound
the helmet to the font, and that it might be possible to remove
the helmet by completing the ritual or desecrating the font.

The Exchange

| Male N Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 98/98 Maka 49/49 | AC 21, T 9, FF 21 | CMB +5 CMD 14 | F +12 R +8 W +23 | Init +10 | Perc +26 | Speed 30ft fly 40ft| Channel Pos. Energy 5/5 Monstrous Insight 7/7 | Active Conditions: Overland Flight, Ant Haul, Heightened Awareness

Ograk asks Tessaviri,” What does this say? If it contains the text of the ritual perhaps we can perform it?

Ograk has a 26 take 10 religion, perhaps our good doctor or someone else would be a better choice?

Silver Crusade

HP: 103/103*; Karogo 121/121* | AC: 23*, Touch 18*, Flat 18*, CMD 27*; Karogo AC: 37*, Touch 14*, Flat 34*, CMD 37* | Saves: +11/+15/12; Karogo: +16/+9/+5 | Init: +5; Karogo +2 | Perc: +18, SM +3, Bluff -1, Dip -1 | Animal Focus 3/10, Anointed 1/1, Holy Lance 1/1, Raise Animal Companion 1/1, Soldier of Peace 1/1, Touch of Good 6/6; Karogo Smite Evil 0/1; Paizo Reroll (+4) 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 0/5, 3rd 0/4, 4th 0/1

Other than a language with which to talk at Karogo, I don't think it has ever been relevant before that Tessaviri could speak Celestial. Whoo!

"The book records instructions for performing a cleansing ritual used during the Shining Crusade. I think we could re-enact it with this, but it will take some time to get the details right."

Is there any indication what we could use the cleansing ritual for? We found it in a room with a helm we can't move, but 'cleansing' isn't my first guess on what we would need to do to change that.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 10 | HP 76/76 | AC 22(26)(30)(34)35*, T 21 (29), FF 19(23)(27)(31) | F +12, R +13, W +11 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 9/11 | Ki Pool 12/12 | AoO 1d20+18 2d6+9

Ograk realized that completing the ritual or desecrating the font would be sufficient, so I think that's a reasonable way to carry forward.

"Let uss complete the cleansing then. How can I help?"

Liberty's Edge

AC 32 T 17 FF 29| HP 84/84 (resist fire 5)| F +13 R +14 W +12 (see profile for rest)| Init +2 (+3in Cheliax)| Perc +5 (darkvision 60ft) | Challenge 3/3, Tactician 1/1 Ifrit(sunsoul)
Spells Per Day Remaining:
1-1/3
Spells/Effects Active:
Heightened Awareness, Sisterhood Style, Inspire Courage +2

”I am also at the ready to do whatever is needed.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Tessaviri Erisanthe wrote:

Other than a language with which to talk at Karogo, I don't think it has ever been relevant before that Tessaviri could speak Celestial. Whoo!

Is there any indication what we could use the cleansing ritual for? We found it in a room with a helm we can't move, but 'cleansing' isn't my first guess on what we would need to do to change that.

the book indicates that doing the ritual helps boost the party in the fight against the reaver, also that completing the ritual might release the helmet

151 to 200 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS #10-04: Reaver's Roar (7-11) (FULL) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.