[5e] Courts of the Shadow Fey

Game Master mishima


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,578 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Wounds (0) HP (83) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (1/2) Active ( )

Dex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Con: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Con Inspiration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Hrungnir raised his shield and stood his ground against the attack...a poor option made out of necessity. Grunting in pain he walked forward, his hammer blazing into life as he put everything he had into it.

Booming Blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (7) + (2) + (3) + 5 = 17

Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + (1) + 5 = 12

...it was not enough to get through the scales of the dragon...


HP 14/37 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +8 Ins +7 Int +6 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +8 Pers +11 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +8; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Nope | HD 3/8 | Status: Adv Chr (spell) | Spell slots (DC 16): 4xx 3 3xx 2x | BrdIns 4 d8 | Insp: Nope

Dex save, adv from spell: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Deimus easily avoids the falling rock, sidestepping the worst of it.


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 72/72 | HD 7/8 | Thirst 2/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 20 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Dex save vs. breath vs. DC 18: 1d20 + 2 + 1d4 ⇒ (12) + 2 + (3) = 17
Shield Master: If you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you can use your reaction to take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, interposing your shield between yourself and the source of the effect.
69 HP -45/2 /2 (resistance) = 58 HP
This time, Carnadine is ready with his shield that he interposes against the noxious breath. He couldn't escape all of its effects but much of it.

Dex save vs. rubble vs. DC 10: 1d20 + 2 + 1d4 ⇒ (11) + 2 + (3) = 16
When the structure collapses, the ghost knight luckily dodges some heavy chucks. Voyra, seek cover from the dragon. Come around the other side of the building near an exit. He telepathically commands his warhorse when the building collapse reveals him.

The noble dhampir advances side by side his dwarven companion within the light of his flaming hammer... bringing death with him. He puts his shoulder into his shield against the dragon's foreleg, and attempts to shove him prone.
Shield Master:If you take the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to try to shove a creature within 5 feet of you with your shield.
Shove: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + (4) = 22

Then, the ghost knight slashes and backslashes the dragon.
silvered longsword 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (2) = 181d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
silvered longsword 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (4) = 111d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Frightful Charge: when you move at least 20 feet and attack a creature, it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC 13) or become frightened of you until the start of your next turn.

Voyra trots around the warehouse positioning himself near an exit on the opposite side of Carnadine.

if the dragon becomes prone!:

silvered longsword 1 advantage: 1d20 ⇒ 17 total 25 to hit
silvered longsword 2 advantage: 1d20 ⇒ 2 total 12 to hit

Use Surge!
silvered longsword 3 with advantage: 2d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (13, 12) + 6 + (3) = 341d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 total 22 to hit
silvered longsword 4 with advantage: 2d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (12, 20) + 6 + (3) = 412d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 = 12 critical hit


HP 14/37 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +8 Ins +7 Int +6 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +8 Pers +11 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +8; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Nope | HD 3/8 | Status: Adv Chr (spell) | Spell slots (DC 16): 4xx 3 3xx 2x | BrdIns 4 d8 | Insp: Nope

Is Deimus included in the Bless?


5e Fey5e AL

Kjeta's Bless was Hru, Carn, and Ras.

A massive column of electrical energy jolts through the wyrm's torso, nearly lifting it off the ground. The sulfurous odor is ionized and you can taste metal in your mouth from the blast.

Hrungnir feels the wave of shadow fire spread under his armor, the pain would've killed a normal dwarf...but the Runesman was still able to swing, if off target.

Carnadine strides through the shadow fire with his skull argent raised in defiance, swapping the dragon across the knee. But the dragon seems more hurt from Raseri's energies.

Dragon vs Fright: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Dragon vs Shove: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Round 3:
Deimus, Kjeta <--UP
Red Shadow Dragon
Carnadine (bless), Raseri (bless, warded bond), Hrungnir (bless)

SD: -126, AC 17 (bloodied)

Party HP Snapshot:

Carnadine 58 /72
Deimus 29 /45
Hrungnir 46 /83
Kjeta 58 /81
Lexi 63 /63
Raseri 35 /56


character sheet

Kjeta strides toward the dragon. As she does, she lifts her tankard high and cries out, "Sweet, Malty Mother of Ales, bless my tankard!"

As she prays, the tankard once again grows to Unusual Size and she uses it to smash the dragon's foot.

"Take that!"

Cast Tankard-llelagh & attack with it

Attack w Tankard-llelagh: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage w Divine Strike: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17


HP 14/37 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +8 Ins +7 Int +6 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +8 Pers +11 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +8; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Nope | HD 3/8 | Status: Adv Chr (spell) | Spell slots (DC 16): 4xx 3 3xx 2x | BrdIns 4 d8 | Insp: Nope

Deimus stays to the back. Feeling the fight needs a push, he tunes his pipes and a soft hum travles across the ground and bursts in little motes of light all around the dragon. The motes try to cling to the dragon, surrounding it in a soft nimbus of orange light.

Cast Faerie Fire, Dex DC 16, attackers get advantage.


5e Fey5e AL

The tankard comes down hard on the dragon toes causing a draconic curse of "Ffffük!!" and a few humorous moments of a hobbled 1 legged dragon bouncing in place. At the same moment, Deimus throws up a spelltangle of ancient fey magics...

Dex vs Deimus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

...which strikes the thing right in the balls, slowly illuminating its entirety with an orange glow.

Recharge: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The proud red shade raises its neck once more, letting out a final blast of shadow fire...

Who, alpha: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) = 8 Carn, Hru, Kjeta
Necrotic: 15d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 5, 5, 6, 1, 5, 2, 2, 5, 3, 6, 1, 4, 1) = 52 or dex 18 half

...before taking off into the gloom in an attempt to escape.

Hru gets an OA at advantage because of Faerie Fire. Carn used his reaction already.

Round 3:
Deimus, Kjeta
Red Shadow Dragon
Carnadine (bless), Raseri (bless, warded bond), Hrungnir (bless) <--UP

SD: -143, AC 17 (bloodied)


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 8 HP: 38/56, HD: 5/8 | AC: 16 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +8, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity (Short Rest): 1/2 | Wrath of the Storm (Long Rest): 1/2 | Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 1/2| Arrows: 20, Chapbook: 25, Inspiration: Yes, Status:

Is he still in range of my Call Lightning spell?


5e Fey5e AL

Your turn will resolve after he flies 80 ft away, assuming Hrungnir's OA doesn't kill him. If Hru misses, you can try a ranged attack with something that has 80 ft range (with advantage from Faerie Fire).

So yeah, I should've been clearer there. Before the <--UP people go we should probably wait on Hru's OA...its close to death.


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 72/72 | HD 7/8 | Thirst 2/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 20 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Carnadine uses his Reaction against the breath, instead of taking an opportunity to attack, right

Dex save vs. breath vs. DC 18: 1d20 + 2 + 1d4 ⇒ (12) + 2 + (2) = 16
Shield Master: If you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you can use your reaction to take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, interposing your shield between yourself and the source of the effect.
58 HP -52/2 /2 (resistance) = 43 HP
Again, Carnadine is ready with his shield. The noxious breath mostly flows around the ghost knight, but he again inhales a bit of the turbulent stagnation collecting right behind his shield.

When the dragon takes off again, he starts laughing again and deep belly laugh. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! CHICKENS GROW HUGE IN THE SHADOW REALM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BIG CHICKEN! hahahahahaha!" His laughter echoes throughout the shadow of the Zobeck neighborhood in which they fight.

Besides pulling his Reaction. Wait for Carnadine's turn, because he can only use harsh language when it flies beyond his darkvision.


Wounds (0) HP (83) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (1/2) Active ( )

Dex...: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Made it! Holy shyt!

Hit: 1d20 + 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (7) + (1) + 6 = 14
Damage with fire: 1d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + (3) + 5 = 9

By some miracle Hrungnir managed to avoid the blast which would surely have killed him. It made attacking back nearly impossible though.

Fire Bolt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Fire Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 4

Out of pure spite, though, he pointed his hammer at the fleeing dragon. The flames on it shot out as a fire bolt, flying towards the wyrm.


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 72/72 | HD 7/8 | Thirst 2/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 20 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Hrungnir, do you want to Inspiration that AOO? You may kill the dragon?


Wounds (0) HP (83) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (1/2) Active ( )

Used Inspiration already to avoid dying to its breath


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 72/72 | HD 7/8 | Thirst 2/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 20 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Can Carnadine give Inspiration to Hrungnir? Is that a thing?


character sheet

Does Hrung have advantage, due to faerie fire?

Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Wounds (0) HP (83) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (1/2) Active ( )

Adv?: 1d20 + 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (9) + (2) + 6 = 17


5e Fey5e AL

Yes, inspiration can be traded...players can give other players their inspiration. As Kjeta noted, Faerie Fire is providing it for attack rolls here. But future reference, yes at any time.

Hrungnir narrowly clips the worm on its giant ankle knob, shattering the bony little protrusion already damaged from Kjeta's tankard. It doesn't seem enough to fell the beast however, and it continues its ascent. "This is not the end *hack cough*...your stay here will not go unpunished...*spit wheeze*"

The red shadow dragon flies into the gloom, however it can not hide...Deimus's fey magics prevent it from merging with the shadows.

Its 80 feet away in the sky...26/178 hp, 17 AC, faerie fire still granting advantage on attack rolls.

Round 3:
Deimus, Kjeta
Red Shadow Dragon (faerie fire)
Carnadine (bless), Raseri (bless, warded bond), Hrungnir (bless) <--UP

Hrungnir, was that fire bolt your attack for this round, after the OA?


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 72/72 | HD 7/8 | Thirst 2/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 20 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Hrungnir. I think you get a second 1d10 for fire damage. I’m offering Carnadine’s inspiration to anyone who misses a ranged attack on the dragon this round.


Wounds (0) HP (83) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (1/2) Active ( )

Indeed it is my attack for this round, and cheers on the damage reminder

18Hit, damage: 4 + 1d10 ⇒ 4 + (8) = 12

Action Surge! With advantage another fire bolt: 2d20 - 8 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (8, 12) - 8 + 6 + (2) = 20
Fire Damage: 2d10 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Total Fire Damage done this round: 12 + 9 = 21


5e Fey5e AL

Carn, good point about light...since this is sure to come up again and again as we go through these encounters, just assume unless I say total darkness the area is in dim light for encounters on the Shadow Road (as module intends). Those with darkvision are not completely blind beyond 60 ft, its just the dim light is no longer augmented to bright beyond that radius.

So, you can see the dragon at 80 ft in dim light since it isn't (can't) hide and is itself illuminated with a 10 ft radius dim light from faerie fire. So take a blessed longbow shot w/adv or charge after it on Voyra or something if you want.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 8 HP: 38/56, HD: 5/8 | AC: 16 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +8, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity (Short Rest): 1/2 | Wrath of the Storm (Long Rest): 1/2 | Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 1/2| Arrows: 20, Chapbook: 25, Inspiration: Yes, Status:

Raseri growls as the dragon flees, she thinks about using her bow, but decides that this one needs a more dramatic touch. The roiling storm clouds over their camp disappear. There's a moment as the air thrums and sings with power held back and channeled. Raseri steps forward, the hand holding her holy symbol stretched out to the dragon.

"Feig, það verður enginn strádauði fyrir þig," she mutters as her eyes glow blue-white and the runes on her silver holy symbol blaze with stormlight.

North tongue:

"Coward, there will be no straw death for you."

KRAKATHOOOM!

A bolt of lighting blazes down form the heavens to slam into the dragon and send him falling from the sky.

Damage(Channel divinity) DC 13 DEX for half: 30 = 30 Sorry GM, I double checked and I messed up last time. He should have 2 more HP than he did, not that it matters if he doesn't dodge this one.


5e Fey5e AL

Dex vs Ras: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The routing drake takes the full brunt of Thor in the backside, shearing off its left leg completely...the leg flops to the shadow ruins, partially disintegrated. The rest of the dragon goes limp and starts to plummet in a natural trajectory, eventually impaling itself on one of the large erect purple crystals through the neck. Its corrupted blood slowly covers the dim light of the crystal.

Combat over, nice fight all.

After a few moments, that entire crystal (which is 2 or 3 stories high) shatters and collapses...something big was inside but you aren't sure what. Roll perception with disadvantage

Elsewhere you hear other crystals shattering...this shadow dragon's lair seemed to be littered with them. Even within your camp, you note where the dragon's corrupt shadow fire touched organic material, tiny little growths of the deep violet crystal formed...they are now weakening and becoming brittle before your eyes.


5e Fey5e AL

Lexi

GM: 1d100 ⇒ 24

In the distance, you see the dragon plummet from the sky and impale itself on the crystal...which thereafter shatters. You happen to be standing near a few other of the strange crystal formations, and get a front row seat as one cracks and corrodes.

A giant of some sort, 15 ft tall slowly lumbers out of the wreck. Its eyes glow with a soft yellow light, and a thin mist of shadow stuff seems to stream off its shoulders. Its face and plate are marred with 3 thick gashes...a fatal claw swipe no doubt. Fatal...yeah, that thing is undead.

Climbing to a bit higher ground, you note that now there are quite a number of these undead sentinels awakening and prowling the apocalyptic shadow ruin of Zobeck.

If still heading back to camp, just give me one good stealth roll and you can make it back in short order.


HP: 63 (63) | AC: 18/19 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +8; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +7 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [ ] | Spells/Day: 3 (3)

Several moments later, Lexi emerges from view, looking around the group, and says "I leave you alone for 5 minutes..." with a little chuckle to herself. It's clear, when she comes into view, however, that she had recently been crying.

"Eat your berries I gave you. That should help a little."


Wounds (0) HP (83) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (1/2) Active ( )

Perception disadvantage: 2d20 - 19 + 4 ⇒ (19, 13) - 19 + 4 = 17

Not has. What does he see?

Second Wind and goodberry: 1d10 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17

With the fight over, Hrungnir said ”Stay close. This will help our wounds.” He began inscribing a complex rune on the ground.

When the rune is sketched on the ground, nyköping allows up to six creatures of your choice to each regain hit points equal to 2d8 + your wisdom modiier. You must be able to see the creatures, and they must be within 30 feet of you. Invoking the rune this way takes 10 minute: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 7) + 1 = 14


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 8 HP: 38/56, HD: 5/8 | AC: 16 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +8, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity (Short Rest): 1/2 | Wrath of the Storm (Long Rest): 1/2 | Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 1/2| Arrows: 20, Chapbook: 25, Inspiration: Yes, Status:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 16, what does she see and is it in range of her call lightning spell? Can she maintain concentration on the spell and get into her armor if she has help?

Raseri looks bad, but not as bad as Hrungnir as she looks to Lexi, she sees the signs of her crying, but decides not to pry. She instead does as she's told and pops the berry into her mouth as she turns back to the where the crystal had shattered.

"It was not our fault this time," she jokes. "After all, the beast came looking for us, then I killed it with some help."


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 72/72 | HD 7/8 | Thirst 2/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 20 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Perception with disadvantage and bless: 2d20 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (14, 6) + 3 + (1) = 24 total 10

After the crack of lightning and the explosion of the dragon's impact, Carnadine whoops with delight. "Well done! Well done, indeed. You were all magnificent. And, the Thorsdottir has returned!"
43 HP + Goodberry +Second Wind: 43 + 1 + 1d10 + 8 ⇒ 43 + 1 + (1) + 8 = 53

"Voyra! Oh, Shadow, you've returned. I suggest that we break camp. Any thought of concealment is gone." The ghost knight sheathes his sword and eats a berry. He heads toward what's left of the camp to salvage what he can and load his warhorse that has returned promptly.

He helps the Thorsdottir into her armor one-handed, while wearing his shield. Voyra standing next to him like a statue.

"I suggest we get moving soon. Shadow, do we have good direction?"


HP: 63 (63) | AC: 18/19 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +8; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +7 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [ ] | Spells/Day: 3 (3)

"I didn't get very far, but given the current situation, we should probably just move on." Lexi shrugged.

"I'll stay ahead of the group and steer you around dangers. Just move at the speed of the slowest among you, and stay to the road. If you see or hear things moving around, don't approach them. You don't want to see..."


HP 14/37 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +8 Ins +7 Int +6 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +8 Pers +11 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +8; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Nope | HD 3/8 | Status: Adv Chr (spell) | Spell slots (DC 16): 4xx 3 3xx 2x | BrdIns 4 d8 | Insp: Nope

I don't know that we'll get enough time off for the Hrungnir's rune to take effect...

Deimus is in bad shape. He lets himself down on the ground once he sees the dragon fall to his doom, with a soft whistle of relief. His body makes a hollow sound as he sits.

Once sitting, he quickly gathers his cloak around him and hums, using the vibration to tighten loose nuts and repair cracked plates. But, he realizes, the healing magic does not work as well as it should with metal, wood, and crystals.

Cure Wounds at level 1 (half): 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

He then looks up to see if the others are already on the move or if he has a bit more time.

May cast another CW if I have time.


HP: 63 (63) | AC: 18/19 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +8; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +7 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [ ] | Spells/Day: 3 (3)

"you guys should probably rest for a bit....I know, I know, but heal yourselves up. I'll pull watch."


5e Fey5e AL
Quote:
just give me one good stealth roll and you can make it back in short order.

Lex, roll me a stealth just to see if you were noticed at all on the way back.


HP: 63 (63) | AC: 18/19 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +8; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +7 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [ ] | Spells/Day: 3 (3)

Stealth w/inspiration: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 121d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


5e Fey5e AL

Lexi had made it back uneventfully. The undead giants seemed to wander in a strange patternless patrol. Perhaps it was the Shadow Realm itself that acted as puppeteer to their machinations.

The party found the aftermath of the dragon's initial attacks...not on the camp directly, but rather on the diversion fires...none were left burning. They had done their job well, but perhaps too well...uncorrupted fire was a hard to ignore in the gloom.

As Hrungnir's rune took effect, Lexi did a circular patrol just in case...the death hounds were long gone. However, in some places, the shifted ruins revealed other undead long trapped (and easily dispatched).

Deimus, you have time for another CW if you wish.

All, you can certainly try another short or long rest...but the shadow dragon's lair is still a very hostile environment. You were interrupted after only 2.5 hours of sleep, some less than that. Exhaustion has not set in yet, however.

So, trying a rest or going immediate? Maybe vote


5e Fey5e AL

Also, some rolls should the dragon's treasure hoard ever be found...but surely our heroes are beyond such material concerns.

Spoiler:

4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 1) = 14
5d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 4, 1) = 12
1d100 ⇒ 76
2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
1d100 ⇒ 53
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d100 ⇒ 10


HP: 63 (63) | AC: 18/19 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +8; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +7 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [ ] | Spells/Day: 3 (3)

Who's been spreading false rumors about me?


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 72/72 | HD 7/8 | Thirst 2/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 20 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

53 HP +14 (Hrungnir's rune) = 67 HP

How about we finish a short rest - 50 more minutes starting with Hrungnir's rune (I think that counts as short rest)? Meanwhile, Lexi can find the hoard. Then, we hit the hoard first, then on the road north or south. Carnadine won't vote to find the hoard, but the player will.


HP: 63 (63) | AC: 18/19 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +8; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +7 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [ ] | Spells/Day: 3 (3)

I'm ameniable to that, assuming you guys can quit being set on fire for like five minutes =P


5e Fey5e AL

Forgot the perception rolls on the crystal from earlier...

Ras and Hru, you see within the crumbling crystal emerge a giant humanoid form...from this distance only a shadow with little details. One thing for sure though is its huge, bigger than the dragon.

If searching for the hoard, give me some investigation. If multiple people roll, I will treat it as a group check.


HP: 63 (63) | AC: 18/19 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +8; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +7 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [ ] | Spells/Day: 3 (3)

Investigation: 1d20 ⇒ 10


HP 14/37 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +8 Ins +7 Int +6 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +8 Pers +11 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +8; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Nope | HD 3/8 | Status: Adv Chr (spell) | Spell slots (DC 16): 4xx 3 3xx 2x | BrdIns 4 d8 | Insp: Nope

Investigation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

DM, do we have time to heal from Hrungnir's rune?


5e Fey5e AL

Yes, since Lexi made it back without garnering significant attention, you seem to have a few moments here. Hrungnir's rune took effect.


character sheet

Kjeta looks badly burnt by the dragon's necrotic fire, even after Hrugnir's ritual.

"Oy. I need beer...and that night's sleep that dragon just robbed from us.

"Lexi, you see anywhere safer to hide out than this? If not, I wonder if we should go ahead and see if we can perhaps sleep through the night here?"

Kjeta votes to rest soon, I think, to avoid exhaustion. Also, I think I'll ask for some clarification on my HP & on spending HD to heal after a short rest, in discussion.


HP: 63 (63) | AC: 18/19 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +8; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +7 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [ ] | Spells/Day: 3 (3)

"Not any place that this many people plus a horse could hide."


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 8 HP: 38/56, HD: 5/8 | AC: 16 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +8, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity (Short Rest): 1/2 | Wrath of the Storm (Long Rest): 1/2 | Spells: 1st 2/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 1/2| Arrows: 20, Chapbook: 25, Inspiration: Yes, Status:

"Loki's balls, we are in trouble," she mutters under her breath as she realizes what she's looking at. She lets the rumbling storm she has been holding go and quickly dons her armor.

"Big giant, nastier than a normal giant. I do not want to fight it if we do not have to. There is no gain in spilling the red water of our veins here," she says hurriedly as she finishes slipping the mail on over the padding and goes for her belt. "That is why we have that book now. There will be no rest for us until we reach the fey court."


Wounds (0) HP (83) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (1/2) Active ( )

Investigation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Back in full armor, Hrungnir was designed to not getting any rest anytime soon. ”To the lair then. The local beasties will likely avoid it, as the wyrm would have protected it. We may yet hole up in their better than here. Plus we can loot the place.”


character sheet

Kjeta looked at Hrungnir, trying to determine if he was being swayed by dragon sickness...but has to admit his argument is sound.

"OK, after a short rest I'll be ready to go." She nurses a beer and then shuts her eyes for a spell. When she gets back up, some of the color that had been seared out of her by the necrotic dragon seems to have returned.

Short Rest: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Short Rest: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Short Rest: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Short Rest: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Short Rest: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Short Rest: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Short Rest: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

6 (HP at end of battle, I think) +14 rune +1 berry +54 short rest = 75/81...but will spend fewer HD if my HP at end of battle turned out to be higher than I'd calculated.


Wounds (0) HP (83) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (1/2) Active ( )

Short Rest: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Short Rest: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Short Rest: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Short Rest: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Short Rest: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Should top me off


5e Fey5e AL

Alrighty, heres current hps as of right now in the posts.

Carnadine 67 /72
Deimus 45 /45
Hrungnir 83 /83
Kjeta 75 /81
Lexi 63 /63
Raseri 49 /56


5e Fey5e AL

Lexi

As the others recover their senses from the corrupt dragon assault, you patrol the area for further threats...and they do come. A roving wave of zombies, some humanoid some animal, seems to be drawn towards the camp. Its greatest threat is a large fey bear with half its face sloughed off in undeath...as it sniffs the air in your direction little chucks of its nostril flesh get vacuumed up into its vapid skull.

However, staying mostly hidden, you manage to get the swarms attention with thrown rocks and other clever deceptions, eventually steering it away from camp to the south. Once satisfied its sufficiently far, you hustle back to the others...

All

The short rest passes uneventfully...but the echoes of the undead giants boom in the distance ominously.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,578 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Courts of the Shadow Fey Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.