[5e] Courts of the Shadow Fey

Game Master mishima


351 to 400 of 782 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Tracker Sheet

Top of the Barbican to ye

No its not a magic bite, Carn. Heavy Master applies, you are at 53 now with Raseri's healing word.

Shove Contest 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Shove Contest 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Shove Contest 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Carnadine swipes his shield under the tripod the hound has become, sending it crashing down.

Carn, I suppose since Shove is an attack roll you would have advantage on that last contest. Roll again to beat 20 and move it down further. And yes on the Use an Object.

Likewise Ras can reroll her attack. She hit already, but theres of course always the chance of a nat 20. :)


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status:

Hoping for a 20: 1d20 ⇒ 5 Nope. :P


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

Hrungnir grimaced. The process was painful...

DC14: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

”Spirit, it’s nay my first choice. Asked the Oracle and this was our path. Got a question. Elves are calling this ‘ere city theirs. By what right do they lay claim to it?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tracker Sheet

Centaur's Grave

He emphasizes the first word "Fey have every right. You need hear the tale of the fey, the curse, and the kobolds. From near the dawn of time the Margreve Forest and this place you call 'Zobeck' were the same...a realm of fey ancient even when the gods were young...birth of the elves and treants, and all things sylvan. You can still find this realm of fey deep in the boughs north of here, if you know where to look."

"But 14,000 years ago, there was a schism...a horrid demon tempted the Holly King with a deal for great power...power all for the price of a sacrifice. An innocent elf was slaughtered with the King's sword of light on Rosehaven Hill...but it was a trick. They were granted great power, but eternally cursed to the Plane of Shadow...to become servants of Sarastra. A great black oak rose on the spot of sacrifice, and the fey corrupted into the scathsidhe...Shadow Fey. The deal, power for banishment, was the Heartwood Pact."

As its dissertation goes on and on, Hrungnir you feel more and more intoxicated, similar to being drunk but you are more awake and lucid. You might be seeing things out of the corner of your eyes that arent there.

"With the original fey gone, kobolds swept into Zobeck and raised the first castle over the black oak. This would eventually become Castle Shadowcrag. The shadow fey implored their god to allow them reentry, to take back the oak at least and drive off the invading kobolds. She did...they could come back to protect the oak, the symbol of their pact...and though it was no easy war, the shadow fey prevailed. Near this time the shadow fey made a deal with the Stross family, who would enslave kobolds for millenea. It was only 92 years ago Zobeck revolted against house Stross and the free city of Zobeck became what it is..."

Those accustomed to Zobeck have heard of Rosehaven Hill and Castle Shadowcrag, the latter of which you assume has been vacant since the Stross family was pushed out. In general, the story the centaur tells is not that different from the fairy tales everyone has heard, but much more detailed and less romantic.

Also, dumb question to interject here, but what are you doing for light source at the moment?


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

I think everyone in our group has darkvision.

Lexi just listens to the story and does her best to commit it to memory.


Tracker Sheet

I know ;P its important for me though since darkvision causes darkness to act like dim light, which grants disadvantage on perception checks based on sight...a -5 penalty to passive perception.

edit: actually I didn't know. Gearforged don't get darkvision in Midgard, so presumably the bard has something. Deimus, I think thats a mistake on your character sheet with darkvision, unless I'm missing something totally obvious.


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8

My mistake. I probably thought I inherited it from Kobold, or it was from the previous sheet I used as a template... Sorry about that. Switched one of my cantrips to dancing lights.

My post got eaten...

Deimus conjures lights when the graveyard sinks in darkness, but keeps them low, resting on the ground, lighting them eerily from below.

Part of him is greatful that the fumes do not affect him, but he is also regretful. "Tzk." he winces as he watches Hrungnir struggle with the noxious fumes.

He listens intently at the voice, taken by the tale. Enslaved for a treaty! Yet we reigned before the Stross took us! And as payment for the vengeful scathsidhes... he thinks to himself, his memory tubes humming soft harmonics.

To Hrungnir, he says: "I can see the drug is taking its toll. Do you have it in you for more questions? Why did the scathsidhe only now return? Wait, he might not know that... Or perhaps, why would the scathsidhe ever return to Zobeck to try and take it back? Or perhaps we should simply ask how to prevent them from taking the city?"


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Shove 3 with advantage DC 20: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + (1) = 23

The Ghost Knight knocks the fey hound off its feet. This time, he is able to get his own feet under and behind his shield to start rolling the big pooch toward the edge of the battlement.

With the space opened in front of the portcullis, the noble dhampir puts the key in and unlocks the gate. If the key ring has only one key (for the portcullis), he leaves it in the lock leaving his hand free to draw his silvered hand-and-a-half sword.

Fey hound is prone and 5 feet closer to the edge


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

Hrungnir gritted his teeth. ”Aye. Hurts somethin’ fierce. But I’m nay some milk-drinkin’ elven tea drinker. I’ve got one more question left in me.” He steeped himself and then asked:

Con DC16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

”Another question. What are all the ways ye know that we can stop them from taking the city?”

Asking the questions hurt, so he had to make them count. And he didn’t want to waste one for an answer such as ‘stab them in the face.’


Tracker Sheet

Top of the Barbican

The hound is shoved right off the staircase guardrail and into the central well, tumbling 100 ft down...but you never hear it hit.

Passive Investigation 12 and Khors Temple Battler, or roll as action:
It must have used its teleportation ability on the way down...but now where did it go?

Kjeta up. The door is unlocked and closed.


Tracker Sheet

Centaur's Grave

"I am dead. I can not speculate on matters of the present...but I do know from a lifetime of experience in these lands that appealing to the shadow fey is useless without status and power. Find who is in charge and change their mind...tactfully. They are a chaotic bunch but their court does have a structure...a structure that can be exploited and wielded against them."


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

Hrungnir nodded, and then sniffled. He brought his hand to his nose and saw that it was bleeding. Turning to his companions he said ”This is gettin’ difficult. Got any more questions ye think I need to ask? This is...gettin’ mite bit dicey.” He said, in an understatement.


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

"As if the agreement between the shadow fey and the Stross family."


character sheet

"Well done, Carnadine." Kjeta raises her mug in salute to him.

"Now lets get you healed up, and then get through this gate!"

Unless Carnadine stops her, Kjeta places a hand on his chest and causes his wounds to fade in a golden-amber froth.

L2 Cure: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 1) + 4 = 12

Spells remaining:
1: 0/4 (bless, cure, cure, guiding bolt)
2: 1/3 (cure, spiritual weapon)
3: 1/3 (dispel, pattern)
4: 1/1


Tracker Sheet

Top of the Barbican

With the hound's disappearance, things seemingly settle down. The veteran guard has his suspicions though "Ok...so they're just waiting for us to open that portcullis to pelt us full of arrows, right? Any bright ideas?"

You then hear a *bmmmf* and the sound of the wounded hound scratching around nearby. Beyond the portcullis the wall walk stretches into darkness to the north, the crenelations dotting the east and west as it goes.

Round 3:
Enemy
Carn/Ras/Kjet/Guard <--UP


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status:

How sturdy is this portcullis? Could Raseri spend some Channel Divinity to knock it out onto the battlements?


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

Dc 18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

”Spirit. Another question.” He tasted copper in his mouth. ”Is there any agreement between the Fey and the Stross family?”


Tracker Sheet

Looks not well cared for and a bit rusty in places. Probably the likelihood of someone storming up the 10 stories to get here gave the castellan other priorities. Using the power of Thor, it might be possible to energize the iron bars to the point of liquefaction...AC 19 hp 5d10ish. Most people would turn the wooden crank on the wall (no check). Manly men would lift it with their bare ass hands on a DC 20 strength check. But Raseri is not most people, nor a manly man.


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

"Written agreement, and where can we find it."


Tracker Sheet

Centaur's Grave

For Hrungnir, the little orange embers of clay seem to be squiggling and writhing like the pink glistening bodies of worms.

The spirit stomps one hoof for yes "Both thought the smarter of the other...they fed off each other. It was a shadow army under Stross command that ultimately kept the kobolds at heel. Then the fey sought to bring the oak across their planar boundary. They would trick the Stross children to swear fealty to their king, to raise them in the Shadow Realm. In exchange, Stross was granted Zobeck and gifts of shadow magic...but Stross was cunning, and never quite gave the fey exactly what they wanted. This tenuous interplay lasted some 600 years."

"But neither ever bested the other. As you know, it was a 10 year old boy who started the Great Revolt. Calling the Stross 'leeches' he was pulled through the street causing the mob to turn from demanding justice, to full and open rebellion...one that I and other first fey of Margreve chose to fight."

He thinks for a moment, his spirit flickering as it stretches the limits of his soul experience "I do not know what happened to the shadow fey agreement when the Stross' were overthrown...the scathsidhe were not seen in those years. Perhaps someone versed in legal courtly matters would...I am uncertain of the terms."


Tracker Sheet

ninja'd by Lexi. Assuming Hru modifies his question (no need to reroll), the spirit adds:

"Their pact was not public, and we destroyed everything the Stross family owned...but perhaps the shadow fey kept their copy. I would think it kept with someone who would have need to produce such a document on demand, a high level attache or ambassador. They like to shove edicts in the faces of 'peons'..." he stomps twice for malice.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status:

Nope, she ain't. She also ain't like most priestesses either. :D
Oh, and she is a smith. she'd know how these things go together and where to smack it for maximum damage.
Also, burning both uses of Channel Divinity if I may to do this.

Seeing the rot and decay that had set into the iron causes the hot fury of a smith to kindle in Raseri's heart, further adding to the rage at the insults she'd endured from the dark fey. They thought this could keep her wrath at bay? Were they so lost in their foolishness that they could not even tell the rotten iron from the good?

"Volund shows the way and Thor will open it," she tells the guard calmly as she walks up. Thunder rumbles with her steps and lightning crackles all around her. The head of the maul glows painfully bright as she set her feet.

"Skerið þá niður!"

North Tongue:
"Cut them down!"

Casting Shatter at 3rd level for 4d8 of Thunder Damage, Burning 1 use of Channel Divinity to max that for 32 Thunder Damage. If you'll let me, burninging another use to send the gate flying away from Raseri. Average on 5d10 is about 30-ish, so this could work. That said, it's all up to you as the DM.


Tracker Sheet

Top of the Barbican

Not so, the dice have the true power. :)

How strong were they?: 5d10 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 7, 1) = 19 Keep a channel

With a single Thor empowered blast, the portcullis gives a singular vibration reminiscent of a mid-C on a harpsichord before shattering into a billion pieces...normally a feat only reserved for stellar bodies in supernova. As the dust and strangely magnetic iron fillings settle, you note the walkway ahead for the next 10 ft or so has likewise been pulverized and had its cobbles tossed.

Carnadine is at the front with his shield raised...as expected, a pair of arrows soon follows...

Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 well s$~!
Attack 1, adv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Dmg+Snk: 2d8 + 3 + 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + (2, 3, 3, 4, 2, 6) = 25

Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Attack 2, adv: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Dmg+Snk: 1d8 + 3 + 3d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (1, 4, 4) = 17

Taking the dhampir in the chest. Remarkably, his armor seems to catch some of the assault. From opposite sides you spot the fey for a split second behind the cover of their merlons...

They had readied their attacks for when the portcullis opened. Unluckily for them, that means they can't take their bonus action hide. For the moment they are visible with 3/4 cover about 40 ft down the walk. The hound is about 30 ft down the same direction. Raseri's light radius is 20 ft.

Round 3:
Enemy
Carn/Ras/Kjet/Guard <--UP

edit: Ras please correct me if I misunderstood your intentions, were you trying to blast the portcullis through the air to hit something further down?


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status:

Eh, if it hit something that was gravy. I was mainly going for shock and awe by blasting the portcullis out of the doorway. Flavorwise, Raseri would have smashed it with her maul and come striding out behind the twisted metal like a vengeful valkyrie wreathed in lightning. Just a prelude to things to come.


character sheet

Seeing the hound near two of the Shadow get, Kjeta again calls on Ninkash: this time to inebriate the three of them.

Confusion DC 15 on a 10' radius circle to hit all three (and anyone else lurking in that radius).
.
That ends Bless, sadly. I'll use my bonus to attack one. Can I tell who seems un/affected before attacking? If not then I'll just go for the fey on the left.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Tracker Sheet

Barbican Summit

Kjeta, SW can only move 20 ft a round, sadly. Confusion however...

Fey 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Fey 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Hound: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Fey 2 confusion roll: 1d10 ⇒ 5

In response to Kjeta's boozy prayer, the scathsidhe's eyes roll in circles and soon his whole head is sitting there rotating around on his neck stupidly...

Carnadine charges forward, his silvered hand-and-a-half glistening in the moonlight...

Hound Save vs Frightful Charge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

...but the hound is more angry than scared and stares him down. Carnadine drops to a knee, twirling his blade in a wide arc with all the momentum his armor can produce...

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Extra Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

...but the hounds strange 3 legged stance made its movements hard to predict, and it scrambled out of the way. The veteran followed him in battle, running up to the hound in melee...

Short Sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

...clipping it on the side of the face and shouting "This is my wall, mutt!"


Tracker Sheet

Barbican Summit - Enemy Turn

Fey Target, Carn or Vet: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The shadow fey, at least the one not completely stupified draws an arrow, taking aim for the veteran's neck at nearly point blank range...

Long Bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

...but suddenly a giant owl *hoots* totally screwing his aim. He retreats, running off into the darkness another 30 ft or so before disappearing around cover.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Hound Target, Carn or Vet: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The hound goes for a tasty elfmarked treat with extra ear sauce, its long jaws snarling the grumble of the damned...

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Dmg: 3d10 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) + 5 = 14

...nearly tearing out its throat but luckily the guard's chain coif stopped the worst of it. The hound doesn't let go however and tries to bring him down...

Vet vs Prone: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

...but the fiesty old guard stands his ground!

Round 4:
Enemy
Carn/Ras/Kjet/Guard <--UP

Carn and Guard are in melee with the hound, which is 30 ft from the portcullis. A fey stands dumbfounded another 10 ft down. The second fey disappeared another 30 ft down. The walk is 15 ft wide. A large hoot came from somewhere.


Tracker Sheet

Status Update

Carn 25/62
Ras 32/50
Kjet full
Guard 44/58
Fey 1 full (confused)
Fey 2 full
Hound 69/112


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8

Deimus takes in all the words proffered by the centaur with great reverence, trying to commit them to memory, though he winces as the solution seems a lot more complex than simply devise some clever apparatus combining an ancient artefact to trap them, or any one of those tricks Kobold heroes of his childhood tales would use...

Discussing... I can do that, but with their leaders, and how are we to have status... We need to convince the mayor then... he thinks.

Then, noting Hrungnir's bleeding: "Tzk. Enough I say. Let Ologai and Hrungnir have their rest, one eternal... Please thank the elder for him. He's a great guardian of this city."


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Carnadine gets a bonus action shield bash That could happen first. Great description. Sorry for the botting. Don’t have much time on small screen.

Knock prone: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

or second wind if that’s easier


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

DC20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

”Aye...” Hrungnir felt like his head would explode. But he had one more question. ”Spirit. I was visited by a fey.” He proceeded to describe his love in excruciatingly precise detail, and shared the riddle-instructions given to me. ”Will this path I walk lead me to her?” He asked, a tinge of desperation in his voice.


Tracker Sheet

Carn, I originally had that, but then on a second read it seemed you were using the longsword versatile for d10


Tracker Sheet

Belated end of round save for confused elf: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Ok, so he failed again meaning you will just have to decide whether to use suggestion or maintain the confusion.


character sheet

Kjeta keeps on eye on the inebriated elf. "Ignore that one for now. Oh--and the other just ducked over there!" She points to the one who's trying to hide, but decides to continue to focus on the hound.

She moves up beside it and tries to batter it with her own massive tankard, as well as the one that's floating around her. Sadly, the two Holy Tankards just crash into one another, spilling precious ale onto Kjeta's head.

Tankard-llelagh: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Spells remaining:
1: 0/4 (bless, cure, cure, guiding bolt)
2: 1/3 (cure, spiritual weapon)
3: 1/3 (dispel, pattern)
4: 0/1 (confusion)


Tracker Sheet

Kjeta, darkness is dim light for dwarves. Dim light causes disadvantage to perception, which for passive perception is a -5 penalty. So you didn't see the location with your pp 12, sorry. Someone would need to move up closer with a dim light source at least (which is normal light for you).


Tracker Sheet

Barbican Summit

Raseri up, then will bot Carn/Guard to finish up round 4.


Tracker Sheet

Centaur's Grave

The centaur seemed sad at Hrungnir's tale, sadder still at his inabilty to offer any great insight "I can not see what will be...but...parts of that riddle are known to me. Those herbs are not literal herbs, but virtues in the fey understanding. Parsley was comfort, sage was strength, rosemary was love, and thyme was courage. So when she bid you make a mail of them...its possible in that sense. There are few places on Midgard that blur with the Shadow Plane as much as the Margreve...it is their nexus, their origin. I should think the longer you linger amongst them the more likely you might find your love...or perhaps have a chance to walk their shadow road."


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status:

Raseri pulls the hammer from her belt and spins it around by the strap before launching it at the fey hound with a ferocious cry. "Gæti Mjolnis!" rings out over the battlements as as she follows the now crazily sparking hammer with a charge as her maul blazes with the blue-white fire of lightning.

"ODIN EIGIÐ ÞIG ALLA!"

Spiritual Weapon v. Fey Hound: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Heck of a time to roll a 2.

Booming Blade v. Fey Hound: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Ah, much better. >:D
Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (6, 1) + 3 + (8) = 18

The glowing hammer, now an avatar of Thor's Mjolnir, misses the ducking hound, unfortunately for the fey beast, a wildly grinning Raseri smashes it in the side of the skull with an explosive crack of thunder.

"Where are you your pretty words and insults now cowards?! COME! I have enough rage and thunder of all of you sow-born whoresons! Stand and fight or cower in your own piss while I hunt you like the goat rutting curs you are," she bellows, opening her arms wide as she looks about, her wrath not nearly sated by this pitiful hound. Her eyes fall on the hound and she locks her gaze with its eyes and growls before letting out a howl like a wolf.

Ras might be a bit nuts when she's riled. ;)


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

sorry again for the botting. Caen has shield master so always with his shield. Just described a longsword. Think he’s got dueling for +2 damage in one hand. Cheers


Tracker Sheet

Alright, sorry Carn no clue how I interpreted that putting your shield away.

Carnadine continues to display his discipline, executing a sequence of moves that slowly teach the hound to fall into his attacks...

Pronerfy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Pooch Contest: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

...once again the fine fur coat bristles, sending off arcs of chill hoarfrost as the massive body crashes down. Carnadine raises his sword execution style...

Extra Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Extra Attack, advantage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The veteran guard sees the opportunity granted by his battle mate and thrusts the downed animal...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Attack, advantage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

...cutting up at the soft of its belly and pinching its hindleg between the cobbles and his forearm.


Tracker Sheet

Recharge: 1d6 ⇒ 4

The beast lifts once more to its wounded feet, the rusty little caltrop still protruding as a 5th claw. It seems to interpret some kind of insult from the barking cleric, and nips at her stomach...

Dog Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Piercing: 3d10 + 5 ⇒ (4, 10, 9) + 5 = 28

...bringing her dangerously close to death's door. Ras that puts you at 4 hp from what I can tell. You also need a str save 15 to remain standing from the prone attack included with the dog bite

Confusion Effect Roll: 1d10 ⇒ 6

The inebriated fey starts to hum the first few lines from the dwarven favorite [i]"Skipping Threesies with an Orc's Entrails"[/b] while picking a loose stone from the merlon and drinking out of it like a flagon.

From the shadows ahead, another arrow streaks forward with a whistle...

Target: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Long Bow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Long Bow, advantage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Kjeta, I think you drank your own brew for the charm DC bonus no the +1 AC?

Dmg + Sneak: 1d8 + 3 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (2, 5, 1) = 17

...striking her just above the holy symbol.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The fey archer again crisscrosses the walk a few confusing times before disappearing again.

Round 5:
Enemy
Carn/Ras/Kjet/Guard <--UP

Whew, long battle but they would have won for sure had you just left the guards to come up here alone


Tracker Sheet

...belated end of turn confusion save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Pinching the bridge of his nose and rubbing his eyes "C'est frau? Dondarion?" glancing around for his companion. Seeing the state of his prized hound before him causes a wincing and an angry shaking of the fists.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status:

STR Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage (Unlikely): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Cure Wounds (2nd Level): 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 7) + 2 = 15

Raseri isn't quiet quick enough to evade the hounds jaws, and finds herself on her back after the hound tears into her thigh. Though the injuries were bad, she could still breath. She stands up as she commands the glowing hammer to strike at the hound again. While it is distracted, she places a hand on her wounded leg and knits the flesh back together with a prayer for strength to Thor.

"Still not dead yet, pup," she says though a deathshead's grin. "Braver than your masters, though. I will admit that."

Bonus to direct the hammer to swing at the hound. Move to stand. Regular to heal herself, cuz ow!


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

Hrungnir remained silent, a small smile of contentment on his face. His eyes watering he looked up to the sky and took a deep breath. ”Thank ye...I haven’t felt such joy in years. Ye’ve nay idea what this means to me. I wish that I wore one of them word-smith-bards so that I could properly express this. Rest now, with me thanks.”

With the questioning over, Hrungnir turned back to his companions. ”We’ve got some answers now. Where to next?”


character sheet

Kjeta notices the second fey archer coming out of his confusion just as the first one ducks out of sight.

"Hey, good thing you've recovered your senses!" She pulls out a bit of honeycomb, which dissolves into a golden cloud of beer foam and swirls in the air as she continues "Your boss is just outside the bottom of the tower and he needs your help. You'll be in big trouble with him if you don't get down there fast--and you'll probably run faster if you leave your bow here!"

As she talks, her flying Tankard takes a nod at Raseri's hammer before bopping into the hound's shoulder.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

DC 15 Suggestion
.
Spells remaining:
1: 0/4 (bless, cure, cure, guiding bolt)
2: 0/3 (suggestion, cure, spiritual weapon)
3: 1/3 (dispel, pattern)
4: 0/1 (confusion)


Tracker Sheet

Barbican Summit

Wisdom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

The fey's eyes narrow "The ambassador would not soil himself with the likes of these surroundings, gruntling."

Round 5:
Enemy
Carn/Ras/Kjet/Guard <--UP


Tracker Sheet

Centaur's Grave

The image of the centaur wavers and fades back into the earth, the sound of its hooves clopping as it goes. For Hrungnir, the surrounding grasses and headstones seem to resemble the image he was looking at, and for a moment he doubts he was truly seeing a spirit at all.

On the way out, something clips the corner of Deimus' dactylius vestigium oscillator (foot)...a stone with a name he recognizes in the dim light.


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8
GM Infinity wrote:

Centaur's Grave

The image of the centaur wavers and fades back into the earth, the sound of its hooves clopping as it goes. For Hrungnir, the surrounding grasses and headstones seem to resemble the image he was looking at, and for a moment he doubts he was truly seeing a spirit at all.

On the way out, something clips the corner of Deimus' dactylius vestigium oscillator (foot)...a stone with a name he recognizes in the dim light.

Deimus had wandered a few paces away when Hrungnir's conversing with the centaur had taken on a more personal tone. As he hears the centaur galloping away, he turns to see how badly Hrungnir is from the fume, but a name too familiar catches his eye.

"Tzk."

Transfixed, his gaze is locked on one of the newer tombstone, and the rest of the world vanishes for a heartbeat.

On the stone, is a simple inscription:

"Deimus - Too stubborn to die."

"Tzk."


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

Following Deimus gaze, Hrungnir asked ”Ye alright laddie? That yer father buried there?” He assumed that Deimus had been named after his sire. ”Take yer time, nay rush.”


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

"Seems like we should go find whoever the ambassador of these shadow fey, Gods that's a mouthful, is and see the copy of the contract. Then we should go from there. It's late, however, and I promised the daughters of Thor and Beer an update, so I'm going to head over to meet them and let them know what we found out. Before I leave, however, we should make a plan for where to meet tomorrow. Any suggestions?"

351 to 400 of 782 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Courts of the Shadow Fey Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.