[5e] Courts of the Shadow Fey

Game Master mishima


301 to 350 of 721 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

"Archives?"

Raseri turns to Carnadine, the word rolls uneasily off her tongue. Curiosity and wisdom overcome her growing ire. She wanted dearly to call down thunder and lightning on the fey's heads, but queer things were at work here. Better to not tempt the fateless into twisting her fate.

"Are there tales and legends there," she asks as the light from her eyes and hammer fade. Her tone of voice is much younger than the one she had been using. She looks young, even under her well maintained arms and armor, young enough to only just now be considered an adult.

We just meet, you ain't getting rid of Ras that easily. :P


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

"Perhaps." Carnadine replies as a genuine smile broadens to welcome her to join him.


character sheet

"Hmmmmmm," Kjeta scratches her head. "Let me try one more thing first."

She chants another prayer to Ninkash, with her tankard raised high.

1. Bless (which, in hindsight, I should've cast BEFORE our skill roles
2. Dispel Magic, attempting to dispel whatever is misdirecting us.


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

Once Deimus came out, Hrungnir asked ”So...what happened in there? Saw ye with the oracle and ‘e said something...?”

Sorry for lack of posting, have been sick


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8
Hrungnir wrote:

Once Deimus came out, Hrungnir asked ”So...what happened in there? Saw ye with the oracle and ‘e said something...?”

Sorry for lack of posting, have been sick

Deimus steps out of the Sanctum, then hesitates and asks the Oracle: "I thank you, Oracle, for this gift, but, tzk, I must ask you another favour. We're trying to understand what is going on. We tzhink it has to do with an ancient compact between the fey and the city. We have come here to conszult the temple's archive. Could you grant us access to the temple's memorvy?"

Later, when he comes out.

Deimus looks to Hrungnir: "I have been bleszsed, touched by the Holy... I have witnessed Rava's mystery. I am changedz."


Tracker Sheet

Gate

Kjeta, roll your casting ability check!


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

Lexi watched the Gearforged exit the room and heard him make his proclamation, and knew that she had absolutely NO intention of ever entering that room.


Tracker Sheet

Shrine

The Oracle nods "We archive and disseminate the future here, not the past. But we also archive bones...there is a way..." he picks up one of the many small clay discs from nearby, some of which are currently smoldering. He hands it to you and you note it has a spiral pattern, like a spring, engraved. "...with this technology. Bring a trusted ally of flesh to our graveyards, and find the cairn of the centaur Ogolai, once high priest of the Margreve Forest...let them breathe the fumes of the Requiem clay and speak with the dead." he states simply.

Sorry, hope you're enjoying...this part is dragging out a bit longer than I intended.


character sheet

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Do I add proficiency bonus, or just WIS¿

Blessing: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Tracker Sheet

Gate

No proficiency bonus its just a straight ability check, see for example Improved Abjuration wizards get. You could get bardic inspiration when Deimus is around though, for the future. Also the guidance cantrip could effect it. Probably other stuff buffs ability checks too. Not bless though. Regardless, congrats, you beat the DC.

As Kjeta calls down the powers of Ninkash, a golden fluid fountains forth in the space between the barbican stones. The holy ale coats the invisible twisting fey path with a purifying aura, and you see the ghosts of a score of dwarves, their rage over the spilled brew assaulting the magic until it vanishes from sight. They cheer praise to Ninkash before likewise dissolving back to nothing.

The path, it seems, is clear.

Elvish
"Oh bother. The little gremlins dismantled our shadow knot." the first one says.

"Well then, I suppose we should take the initiative?" the other responds.

"We have the high ground after all."

The 2 fey suddenly duck behind their merlons, out of sight. The group of guard grin wildly, cheering all dwarf-kind...they draw their swords with a look of wrath and hungry vengeance. "I think you have the honor of leading the assault, but I would gladly send my men ahead if you prefer...they are quite eager..."

Decide how/if youd like to storm them and I'll roll init and decide surprise etc. You need to run forward about 30 ft, enter the barbican door and climb the spiral steps to the top, about 100 ft up. There is typically another door at the top of such fortifications, which might be barred or locked. You could of course climb or throw grapples etc. Anything. Everything. Up to you.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

"Hold them for a moment. Beyond taking the walls and making fools of some of us, what have they done? Something more is happening. I came to find out, and that has not changed, though the blessings of Kjeta's goddess have proved lucky for us. Besides, if they have any ill intent, they shall find lightning striking them from the sky as your men come up from below," Raseri tells the captain before turning and walking up the stairs, her maul still held like a walking staff. Once she reaches the top, she turns to the closest guard.

"You do not know the fey tongue, so I shall speak with this one. Who is the one that leads you? I would speak with him." Her voice is firm and even, but the look in her eyes brooks no questions.


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Carnadine with his shield ready accompanies Raseri to ensure that she does not wantonly start violence, or at least that is his intent. However successful that might be.

While walking up the stairs, his measure of respect of the dwarf has increased ten fold with her defeat of the fey magic. First, the brew. Then, this. A very powerful indivual.


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

”So...no books? To a graveyard?” Hrungnir sounded absolutely perplexed. ”I suppose it is to be expected from an Oracle. Ye did well, laddie.” He finished. He was a dwarf of action, who saw the world as problems and solutions. There was no point worrying about what wasn’t as it should be. Instead it was best to only care what could be done.


character sheet

Kjeta bellows with joy at her success, pumping her fist in the air. "PRAISE NINKASH, Mother-F*^&ers!! She's The Ale For What Ails Ya!"

At Raseri's suggestion, Kjeta nods, "I'm fine with giving them the benefit of the doubt."

Turning to the guards and to Carnadine, "Any of you understand whatever language they're speaking?"

If yes, she encourages that person to come along, otherwise she walks beside Ras and Carnadine, ready to treat with the fae, if possible...or subdue them, if needed.


Tracker Sheet

Gate

At Kjeta's request one of the guard turns to another and asks somewhat jokingly "Bastard?"

Stepping forward, the man doffs his leather cap to reveal subtly pointed ears...an elfmarked to be sure. "Yeah, I couldn't hear every word but they're speaking my mother's tongue...Elven..." he trades his longspear for a shortsword from one his mates, throwing the sheathe to the cobbles and twisting it in a circle flourish to warm up "...I'll come with ya."

After Raseri 'encourages' them to speak she does get a response, a funny accent mockingly imitating the common tongue "HelLo, hOw arE You? HEllo, hoW ArE yOu?" as a pair of arrows screech down...one not quite from the merlon you expected.

Inits and DM setup:

Carn: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Kjet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Ras: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Guard: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Seen Target: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Unseen Target: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
The mocking elfs arrow skitters off the cobblestone just next to Raseri's toes.

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Dmg+Snk: 1d8 + 3 + 3d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (2, 6, 6) = 22

The hidden attacker's arrow pierced the elfmarked hard, however one of the nearby quickly covering him with his own shield and they both run forward to the barbican door "*cough* ...g~&$@*nit...I'm fine, lets gut those sacks of s~$~..."

Both of the fey back behind their crenelations again, going god knows where.

Stealth Fey A: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Stealth Fey B: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Round 1:
Fey
Guard
Ras, Carn, Kjet <----UP


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

As the two men moved to leave the building, lexi made her way back out the way she came in as well.


character sheet

Turning to Carnadine, she shrugs, "I admire your intent, but this is what we found last night too. The damned keg-spillers are more interested in fighting than talking. Fortunately, Ninkash speaks both languages."

She steps forward to assess her options.

If it looks like I might be able to hit a sizable group of Fae with it, I'll cast Confusion. Otherwise, I'll cast Tankard-llelagh and click one (if I can find one).
.
Assuming I don't switch to Confusion, remember to add 1d4 from Bless


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8

Deimus nods at Hrungnir: "Yes, not bad, considering... We need to find the graveyard then.

Does Deimus has an inkling of the graveyard the oracle has referred to?


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

"Unfortunate for them." Carnadine replies to the ale-zealot. He puts his shield emblazoned gules, a skull argent between himself and potential arrows and draws his silvered, hand-and-a-half sword. He continues to climb with purpose gently pushing past the brew-disciple on the stairs. Considering the Thordottir rushes toward melee, the knight would be on her heels.

Mid stride, the noble dhampir calls out to the fey, "You have loosed arrows upon a Knight Incorporeal. I demand justice by combat. Surrender and apologize, or face cold iron."
Intimidate with advantage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Tracker Sheet

Gate

Kjeta, they are out of range for confusion. They are at the top of a very high wall (100 ft, like 10 stories). But you can start up the spiral stone stairs if you wish.


character sheet

OK, thanks. In that case I maintain Bless, cast Tankard-llelagh, and hustle up the stairs as quickly as my stubby legs can manage.
.
And speaking of Bless, Carnadine gets a boost to his Intimidate of:
1d4 ⇒ 2


Tracker Sheet

Temple of Rava

The graveyard is just adjacent to main buildings of the temple complex. It is much larger than you thought, and they have seemingly devised many clever ways to pack remains into the space available. Each plot is only about 2 ft square and labeled with a shallow brass inscription. The older ones are not as shiny in the moonlight...it takes a good hour or so to find the one labeled 'Ogolai' (assuming you dont split up, use magic means, or roll >15 investigation, etc).

Who will be smoking the Requiem clay, if any? Deimus cant.

Requiem Clay, Nature or History DC 18, advantage with poisoner's kit proficiency:
Made from death's head mushroom caps and other unsavory components, this is a euphoric magical drug that grants visions of the dead when toked. It comes in two forms, a muddy clay and a white powder. Both are addictive, the clay version less so.


Tracker Sheet

Gate

Running up the stairs, its hard to tell what effect Carnadine's words have, if any. Although the arrows seem to lighten up after he speaks.

After about 5 stories up, you are starting to really...really hate stairs. It also seems to be getting colder as you go.

Make a constitution save to represent the difficulty of the 100 ft climb for you. If trained in athletics, you can add proficiency. If already getting proficiency from class, you can still add it again (like expertise). DC 12 or level 1 exhaustion


character sheet

Con save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Sweat beading on her brow, Kjeta nonetheless pushes on, sipping a bit of ale as she climbs.


Tracker Sheet

Gate

Its a save so you can use bless ;D

The wounded guard, the fey's peacock fletched arrow still deep in his shoulder, presses onward in his duty...

Con Save: 1d20 + 2 + 1d4 ⇒ (20) + 2 + (3) = 25

...he grunts hard with each bloody step, his resolve simply incredible.

This half-elf clearly isn't f+$#ing around guys.


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

Lexi slid up next to the pair and made herself known to them, then asked what they were looking for. Like the shadow she is, she flitted back into the darkness to find the grave.

Investigation: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Search though she might, Lexi has no luck quickly finding the gravestone. Eventually, the gave is discovered and the Requiem Clay is drawn out.

Nature w/advantage: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Con save +Athletics +bless: 1d20 + 5 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 3 + (3) = 17

Half way up, knight's training kicks in. Frequent running in full splint armor pays dividends. The ale-mistress's blessings provide an extra lift keeping him away from a stitch in his side and dry heaves.

Carnadine keeps pounding up the stairs.

If they're still there, when he gets to the top:
when Carnadine moves at least 20 feet and attacks a creature, it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC 13) or become frightened of him until the start of his next turn.


Tracker Sheet

Gate

As you near the top, you hear a slight whimper...then a low growl. A cool breeze wafts down the stair as if it were fresh from an iced peak.

Somewhat dizzy from all the rounding, you are still able to realize someone has dumped a bucket of caltrops along the steps. The first step just a single spiked jack, the density quickly gets ridiculous.
And the bucket is just laying there too, like someone just kicked it over. Which you can avoid completely by moving half speed, or DC 15 dex save to full speed with risk of 1 damage and movement limited to 10 ft until healed.

The elfmarked speaks up "*huff puff* Damnit...of course they spilled the caltrops. We're near the top...just around the next turn I'd wager. Take your time to draw weapons now...this spiral was built to make it hard for climbers to draw from the left." he demonstrates how the fortification can limit movement in that way. "Likely they've closed the portcullis but here's the key...we just need to get there without turning into a pin cushion." he pauses "...ehe. Too late for me I guess."


character sheet

Slapping her forehead, Kjeta says, "Och, where are my manners? One moment."

She carefully removes the arrow (if it's still in there) and then calls forth a golden sudsy glow that covers his wounds. She then offers him (and anyone else who wants another) a drink from her blessed brew. "May you never thirst for ale."

Finally, she calls out one more prayer, and a second Holy Tankard Of Unusual Size clinks up against the one she's carrying. Cast Spiritual Weapon

Satisfied, she walks slowly through the caltrops. taking 1/2 speed option. When she gets in sight, might well still try Confusion.

Cure Wounds (twice): 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 5) + 8 = 18

Spells remaining:
1: 1/4 (bless, cure, cure)
2: 2/3 (spiritual weapon)
3: 1/3 (dispel, pattern)
4: 1/1.
.
Using dose 5/8 to change my Blessed Brew bonus to +1 AC. Offering it to our Elfmarked friend as well...and to Carnadine, if he wants to change his blessing.


Tracker Sheet

Gate

The elfmarked winces as the arrow is drawn out, but the taste of the blessed brew makes it quickly forgotten. His eyes spin around in circles "Damn, thats crisp. Just what do you call this brew? We make it through this you'll be the talk of every tavern from 'ere to Ruby Sea."

I'll wait to hear what Ras/Carn is doing before rounding the last corner

Also, if you'd like you can take the Ready action Kjeta. Basically you cast the confusion spell and hold it in your hand as you round the corner. The spell is then triggered on a condition you pick such as 'enemy spotted'. One tactical consideration is that it uses your reaction. Also, until its cast it uses your concentration and can be broken as usual.


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Carnadine sheathes his sword and takes the key from the elfmarked. He turns to lead the assault. Shield emblazoned gules, a skull argent ready in front and above, in case of murder holes and other protections.

He either trusts his armored boots proof against the caltrops or steps cautiously through the carpet of metal.

If the Heavy Master Armor feature which reduces the bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage that you take from non-magical weapons by 3, applies to the caltrops (eliminating the potential for damage), he moves full speed. If not, he moves half speed.

He'll gladly accept a +1 AC. Is that another swig of brew?


Tracker Sheet

Yes on Heavy Armor Master making caltrops irrelevant. :)

The Ghost Knight crunches the caltrops under the heels of his steel boot like roaches.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

I'm a little lost. Is Ras up at the top or not? I had stated that she didn't speak to them until she'd reached the top, but it seems like she's with the others since you haven't said anything about Ras getting swarmed.


Tracker Sheet

Reaching the top, easier said than done. There is a massive 10 story climb, caltrops, and a mysterious icy growl in your way. Awaiting your rolls for exhaustion (con save 12), caltrops (dex save 15 or half speed), and action at the last turn (you are approaching a portcullis assumed to be locked and guarded by two rogue snipers for all you know). At the moment, I am assuming the 4 of you are at the top approaching the last turn. Carnadine has claimed point. Do you protest?


character sheet

And just in case it's not clear, you can go slightly slower (as Kjeta has done) to not need to make the DC 15 Dex save for the Caltrops.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

No, I did say that she spoke to the elves when she got to the top, but they may have decided to be pricks and but in before she got that far. I was just confused is all. Ras would be trying to get past Carnadine, but not so much that she knocks him off balance or anything.

CON Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Passed
DEX Save: 1d20 ⇒ 11 Failed, 1 point of damage.

Raseri lets out a hiss of pain as she plants a foot right on one of the caltrops. Her annoyance only grew as she realized her speed as slowed. Rather than let it slow her, she stops long enough to tear the caltrop from her foot and cast a healing spell on it.

Healing Word: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The wound now mended, she takes up her maul in both hands and gets ready to smash anything that attacks her companions or the guards that lies around the bend.

Readied action to Booming Blade the first hostile creature Ras can reach. Booming Blade is a cantrip, so she can still cast it even though Healing word is a bonus action.


Tracker Sheet

Barbican Summit

Raseri butts past Carnadine, storming up the stairs...caltrops be damned. As she rounds the last turn, she meets a snarling snout of a familiar fey hound...sitting on its hinds with perfect posture before a locked portcullis and appearing quite perturbed. The hound open its great maw, spewing forth a stream of icy crystalline death down the spiral...

Frost Breath, vs Raseri: 8d10 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 7, 4, 7, 4, 4) = 36 or half with dex 13 save (bless applicable)

The breath and initiative roll happens before you are in range for booming blade...it had readied also.

Inits:

Carn: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Kjet: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Ras: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Guard: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Raseri sees no sign of the fey beyond the light of her maul through the portculis, but then her human vision is not apt to pierce the darkness of moonlight.

Round 1:
Enemy
Carn/Ket/Ras/Guard <---UP

Raseri, you can go ahead and continue forward and roll booming blade, but technically Carnadine's actions will happen first. You were the first around the corner though so need that dex save.

The hound is sitting at the very top of the stairs where it levels off, with the about 15 feet between the last turn and its body mass. Carnadine's frightening feature requiring 20 ft could trigger if he goes up and melees the hound.

To clarify (actually very important vs shadow fey), is Raseri's maul the only light source the PCs have at the moment?

edit: also, the steps are wide enough for 2 to melee the hound at the top.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

Dex: 1d20 + 1d4 ⇒ (11) + (4) = 15

Attack (Booming Blade): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + (8) = 13

Raseri manages to keep the frost from stealing her breath this time by putting her shoulder to the blast of cold and plowing forward. Sparks of lightning dance over her as she recites the words of power to her spell and finishes it by swinging her maul up into the fey hound's jaw.


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Round 1: Good brew AC 20

Carnadine watches the blast of frost pass like a curtain in front of him before he can turn the corner. He keeps moving to engage the fey hound. Wielding a key instead of his longsword, the ghost knight puts his shoulder against his shield and attempts to push the puppy 1) off its feet and 2) away from the portcullis and either 1) over a battlement or 2) down the stairs.

Frightening Charge Wis DC 13

Carnadine gets 3 shove attempts: 2 attacks and a bonus action
Athletics (shove) 1 +bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (3) = 15
Athletics (shove) 2 +bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (2) = 11
Athletics (shove) 3 +bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (4) = 13

Those are some bad rolls there...


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

”Aye. Off to yon graveyard then. Can’t let the...dunno. Corpse wait?” ”Bloody southerners haven’t learned how to bloody just write things down? And they call this civilization?”


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8

Graveyard.

Deimus waxes melancholic as he ambles in front of the tombstone. Taken by what he reads, he often stops, reading the descriptions on them, thinking of the years, wondering what the city was like then, only to realize the others had proceeded much further and start after them.

"So many deathzs... Makes one wonder, no?" he says to the others.

Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"One of you has to take in the fumes from the tablets. Did you know these are made from mushrooms called 'Death's head?' Tzk. Sounds dire... But they are potent hallucinogens when smoked, and the clay treatment makes the smoking not as addictive as other ways of tzaking them. That's good news, yes? Szo, who's up? The two ov you perhaps?"


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

"I will decline."


character sheet

Not able to reach the fae dog directly, Kjeta directs her flying tankard to swing for its noggin.

Meanwhile, she calls forth a hangover blast that she sends over Ras' shoulder.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Guiding Bolt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 2) = 14 If it hits, the next attack against it gets advantage...though I'm guessing this one misses?


Tracker Sheet

Top of the Barbican

The Knight Incorporeal steps around the corner with an aura of death, throwing himself tightly between the hound and the wall...

Save vs Frightened: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

...but the hound is well trained and doesn't scare so easily.

Shove Contest 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

At first the massive hound just sniffs at Carnadine as he tries to push it downstairs, whimpering a little and confused of what to make of it.

Shove Contest 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The dhampir doesn't relent however, and soon his full body elongates and gets leverage on the top step, tipping the massive creature over and back on to the caltrops.

Dog vs Caltrops: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

It whelps a very sad sound as one of the nasty jacks slips right up in between its metacarpal pad and claw. It lifts its leg off the ground, clearly hampered.

Shove Contest 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Stubbornly, the wounded animal resists any further attempts to change its post.


Tracker Sheet

Top of the Barbican

The merry sounds of dwarven drinking songs ring the dog's ears as the magical tankard clobbers it left and right. Kjeta tries to follow it up with a stream of radiant energy which finds a gap in the portcullis and streams into the night sky.

Raseri advances forward, her maul crackling with triboelectric energy as it crushes the wounded hounds shoulder...spreading the energy across its whole body.

"By the gods, look at the size of it! I've milked smaller cows..." the guard doesn't seem that frightened though, and is clearly a veteran...

Short Sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Crit: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

...simply walking up and thrusting it straight in its heart. "Ahaha! Still got it, baby!"

Target: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The hound chomps down on the source of its wounded paw, nearly fitting Carnadine's whole head inside its great maw...

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Dmg: 3d10 + 5 ⇒ (2, 9, 6) + 5 = 22

...the steamy slobber aroma wafting through the Knight's helm as it tries to wrench his head free.

Suddenly arrows stream through the bars of the portculis, threatening Carnadine at the lock...

Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Cover bonus to AC from bars, so miss

They both get deflected by the bars however and skitter down the stairwell. The fey are visible for a split second before you see them scatter again down the walkway and into shadows...

Stealth 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Stealth 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Note on stealth. They are hiding in darkness, so those of you with darkvision treat that as dim light an have disadvantage on your passive scores of -5. I believe that means only Kjeta can see their hiding spots at the moment, however any character can take the search action to actively roll perception.

Round 2:
Enemy
Carn/Ket/Ras/Guard <---UP


Tracker Sheet

Graves of the Converted

So, Lex declined and Deimus doesn't have the physiology for it. Hrungnir up for it?


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

”Well. Guess I’ve done volunteered for this then by process of elimination. Fook. Well. Too late to turn back now, aye?”


Tracker Sheet

Centaur's Grave

Hrungnir smolders the little clay tablet, burning a rich orange glow in the darkness of night. The light dances on the name 'Ogolai' and as the rune master breathes the fumes, he feels his consciousness stretch across the astral plane...guided by some mechanical spider on the strands of time and space, or so it seems to him.

A ghostly green and white glow rises from the grave. A hoof clops onto the cold earth, then another. A human head rises...and rises higher atop an old, but exquisitely toned chest which finally rests atop the body of a horse.

The spirit of an ancient centaur stands before you all.

"...I've returned to Midgard, corpse of Aurgelmir...iron and gold of the dragons. *sigh* I know this place, it is not my forest...why have you summoned me, northerner?" Everyone can hear it speak, but it can only hear Hrungnir.

Requiem Clay Mechanics:

So, here's how the clay works...its a bit different than what the World Book has for it, mostly because I was trying to do it from memory and goofed up.

Anyways, the effect lasts 1 hour. You can ask it questions and it can not lie. However, with each question you must:

-Succeed at DC 14 Con Save vs addiction
-Take 2 nonlethal dmg
-Increase Save DC by 1 for next question

Addition is basically a -2 to most stuff and can be cured with remove disease or heal. You can also just do it through willpower by abstaining for 2 weeks at DC 20 wisdom.


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Is the fey hound's maw considered magical, or does his heavy armor master reduce its damage? Cheers

Round 2: Good brew AC 20. HP 62 -22 +3? = 43 HP

Carnadine shakes off the fey hound, lucky to keep his head on his shoulders. He grits his teeth as adrenaline surges putting his shoulder against his shield again and attempting to knock the pooch prone and then push it over the battlements.

Carnadine gets 3 shove attempts: 2 attacks and a bonus action
Athletics (shove) 1 +bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (4) = 12
Athletics (shove) 2 +bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (4) = 20
Athletics (shove) 3 +bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (1) = 13

1. Prone gives advantage to melee 2. Shove off embattlement

Can Carnadine use his Use Object action to unlock the portcullis?


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

Let's get a little apropos theme music going. Really anything with a nice, chunky sound to it and a lot of energy should work.

"Well Ulf, do you feel it?"

Raseri's question rings out clear, a note of laughter like the tinkling of a clear mountain brook rippling just underneath. Carnadine feels a cold tingle wash over him as his wounds heal. Some of the pain remains, but those aches are almost drowned out by the energy infusing the cleric's words.

Healing Word(Level 3): 3d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 2 = 10 Carnadine's up 10 HP.

She grins as she stares down the fey hound and circles around to put it between her and the portcullis.

"These fey use trickery and mock us. They leave a simple beast to stop us. Why do we not use its corpse to batter down the thin shield of that door?"

Booming Blade Attack vs. Fey Hound: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (17) + 6 + (1) = 24
Damage (Thunder Damage): 2d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + (8) = 15

The shadows dance as Raseri spins the head of the maul in wide, sweeping arcs to build up its momentum before slamming into the flank of the fey beast. A deafening crack of thunder shakes the stones and pushes the hound back from the cleric as she readies another strike.

"Then let us see how how many of them we can make die!"

Really, they should have talked. Ras wouldn't have been half as bloody-minded as she is now. >:)

301 to 350 of 721 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Courts of the Shadow Fey Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.