[5e] Courts of the Shadow Fey

Game Master mishima


701 to 727 of 727 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

"Has anyone found where the Winter's Kiss is? Should we still make our way there? Or start organizing the Resistance?" Carnadine asks.

After a pause, he starts, "Wait, you said the archives was barred? Maybe we've got some peace before they come to search our bodies, but we really need to find a way out."


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

Deimus gets a muttered word of thanks for his troubles. Strangely, the normally outspoken, even boisterous, Torsdottir is subdued and quiet. She imbues the emerald on her neck with light and stays away from any place that something could hide behind if she can help it. Her posture is more like a scared child's than the confident warrior the others have seen. She shivers from a cold the others can't feel and ehr mind spins as she relives the vision she had while unconscious the first time in the fight. She feels alone, even with the others around her as she follows their lead.

Silver eyes pass me by. Do not see me in the shadows. Silver eyes pass me by. Do not see me in the shadows. Silver eyes-


Tracker Sheet

"Ah, Myzi I knows many paths through the Citadel...old paths like the tracks of blood in a man. But less for one of your size! Here you are lucky, this library was designed by a very clever dwarf. This dwarf imagined a time when all the books and all the scrolls and hard work of the Council might be consumed in flame...a true pity to think of that." he couldn't help adding sarcastically. "To the point, there are flues which would carry the heat skyward, instead of letting it expand throughout the main chambers...you could fit in these fire tunnels I think. Less certain is where you might go from there, being on the roof then...hmm. You might be spotted by the Griffon Knights up there...and I do not know their allegiances..."

"This Winter's Kiss, did you find it? I couldn't say before, but my mice glimpsed a house hidden from the eyes of men...you see these fey are not so clever with their wordings, mm? I think you should yet pursue this Ambassador...if nothing else to learn his strengths and plot to eliminate him. Or maybe your so called treaty exists and could be used against them. Still, men in his position enjoy the art of the deal. He might be turned somehow...the fey are so fickle...their shadow cousins likely are as well..." his whiskers rock back and forth as he nods to himself.


Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

”Fookin’ grand. Who designed a palace without wards against teleportation and the like? It’s like this place wants to be conquered. Bah!” Knowing that his best chance of once again seeing his beloved meant moving forward, he continued ”Everyone good to get a move on? Some of ye got mighty banged up. But I’d like to beat the arrogance out of this ambassador ‘fore the night is out.”


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

"Yes, we need to move. But, I think it would be worthwhile to hole up somewhere for bit. Our Thorsdottir needs to get her groove back." Carnadine suggests watching her concerning behavior.

"Myzi, would you know of a sanctuary for us in the city? If they've targeted us already in the archives. Perhaps, our homes have already been targeted, too. We need somewhere else to base our resistance."


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8

"Tzk." reflects Deimus, his spirit washed by the news that the fey had moved in on the town with even greater zeal, taking over the Citadel.

"The Free City is at stake, and all is almost lost it seemsz. Szo yes, we must hurry and find this Ambassador. As for sanctuary, I know a place we might use..." he adds, ready to go.

Though, as he reflects, he truly did not know who could or could not be trusted on the Council, including this one...

Insight on Myzi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

"I'll take the apology on behalf of your council now from you, Lord Councillor." Lexi said.

Turning to the others, Lexi would say "While we're here, we should grab any books we think might contain the information we're looking for. That would give us a little bit for our injured compatriots to rest, and while they sit down, the rest of us can grab books that look appropriate and have the people sitting down skim them. It's not a perfect plan, but it's better than leaving all the information here that we may need later."


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8

"Great idea!" replies Deimus, though he has no idea what those books might be...


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

Yes Lexi, short rest!


Tracker Sheet

At Hrungnir's concern "You might have a moment here...but not long. When these...assassin...things...don't report, they may come looking."

As for Carnadine's seeking of sanctuary, he grins "There are many other powers in Zobeck with many other interests. Some make it their business to stay hidden...the Cartways might suit. Or the Kobold Ghetto...in fact the fey seem to be strangely avoiding them. None of their edicts have yet to target the Ghetto, have they? Hmm. Yes...its a time of change, many powers...change means opportunity. Exciting times."

At Lexi's curt demand his whiskers waggle "The council as you know it is no more, I think its safe to say! But my Lady, if you would accept this one's regret...mmm. Had I known some would so easily bend to this new tide...I would have done things differently. I would have made certain...preparations. It is easy to lose foresight while growing fat on the teat...I should've seen this coming, and warned you...yes, I am sorry."

Deimus sizes up the strange creature and his dizzying remarks. From the gearforged kobold's perspective, Myzi the First is acting now in his most honest. To contrast with before, the kobold spirit could empathize with his outspoken nature, always riding the edge of professionalism...holding back enough to keep some modicum of a label of 'proper'. You see a man-mouse with many connections, with never any real love of Zobeck, but a love of the game...and the game as it is, with the fey taking power, somehow doesn't suit Myzi I's...investments. So you have a strange, but loyal, ally.

Lexi's acquisitions are certainly possible, none of the important documents were damaged by vomit and/or the demon vortex exploding. The parcel plot map especially should make finding it trivial. Or any other straight up larceny you might want to commit here.

You don't have to take Myzi I escape path here. Not trying to railroad, just presenting an option. But, if you want to go further with the fire flues idea, its a climb up a shallowly sloping shaft. From the top floor of the archives, someone could climb some shelves and wriggle into the flue, then body brace up another 40 ft or so to the roof with a rope and grapple let down for the others, if someone has such.


Tracker Sheet

If none dissent, consider a short rest done. Spend those HD.

Closer inspection of the magic fiend ashes by a divine magic user:
Surprisingly, the fiend's remains have an aroma that matches the magic of healing. You get the weird idea that dissolving the ash in water might make a restorative drought of some sort.


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

Lexi works as she listens, grabbing books that seem both relevant and portable. She grabs five table cloths to use as sacks for the group's eventual departure.

"Try and distribute the weight evenly between these 5 tablecloths, keeping in mind that we'll all be carrying them." she states as she brings over the first stack of books she pulls.


Dhampir Knight Incoporeal | HP: 54/62 | HD 0/7 | Thirst 0/2 | Charm 1/1 | Wind 1/1 | Surge 1/1| Inspiration Yes!
Stats:
AC 19 | Str +6 Dex +0(+2) Con +5 Int +0 Wis +0 Cha +2 | Initiative +0 | Passive Perception 13, Darkvision

short rest: 17 + 5d10 + 10 ⇒ 17 + (3, 10, 4, 2, 8) + 10 = 54

Carnadine relaxes with Raseri. After a breather, he performs a kata with his longsword and shield that looks strange outside of Morgau.

GM, did Carnadine identify that tipstaff of the Morgau wine?

The noble dhampir offers Lexi his coil of rope from his backpack.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tracker Sheet

Carnadine, yes...

The gnomish tips were true, and the Watchman records of mark being right where they should be. Yours is of a certain family Hendryk...the member of note, an illegitimate son of a barrister guildmaster. The records note that he reached the rank Sergeant...not by merit, but apparently by his father's influences. From the reports, his last note was as leader of a roving patrol in the Lower Zobeck district. You find a scribbled note in the margin "Sometimes dealing with the Watch is worse than dealing with the problem at hand..." whatever that means.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

Short Rest: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

Raseri spends the time the others use to gather books and scrolls for later reading to try putting the incident behind her. She listens to Myzi with only half an ear. The rest of her attention revisits the dream yet again. She can't forget the silver eyes in her own face glaring back at her. After a little time, she asks, "What am I," in a soft, uncertain voice.


Tracker Sheet

Ras, when you roll HD to recover hp on a short rest, you get your con mod added. So you just regained 8 instead of 6, putting you at 26/26. If/when you get a long rest, the wraith drain will expire getting you back at max hp.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

Oh good, I was worried if I was going to be stuck at 26 for the rest of the game. :)


character sheet

While her more bookish companions gather intel, Kjeta opens the bag and remarks, "This abomination had another black opal engraved with crest, identical to the ones found at the first temple assassination. It seems whoever sent those first ones sent this as well."

As she's examining the opal, Kjeta notes the ashen remains' scent with some surprise. "Am I mad, or is there something in this that smells like milkthistle? I wonder..." On a hunch, she scoops it up into an empty bag.

"As for pursuing the ambassador tonight...I'm not sure how much good I'll be. I had the crappiest dreams last night and I woke up exhausted. Too exhausted to draw down Ninkash's blessing--even after my morning ale! I wonder if we'd better wait in Deimus' safe house and pray for a better night's sleep tonight."

OK to press on today too...but know that this Cleric has zero spells today.


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

"What's milkthistle?" asked Lexi, her head peeking from behind a stack of books.


character sheet

With a look of surprise, Kjeta responds, "Oh, an herb I use in my healing potions. Seems odd that a thing like that would smell similar...but I kind of want to see if I can create something useful out of its remains."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Wounds (0) HP (75) AC (20) Saves (6/-1/6/2/1/0) lvl1 (3/4) lvl2 (0/2)

”Wonder if that means these were made with alchemy.” Hrungnir mused as he went about collecting the books he had found. He had made good progress with his research, and assumed that he had already found the most relevant times in the archives. ”Hmmm. Here, one second.”

He pulled out a copper coin, and put it in the remains of the spectres.

”Runes. The Otalan rune to be Precise. Took me over a decade to learn it, and even longer to master. Now, I believe the fey targeted us because of their bird-spies back at the council. But I can play that game too. I’ve had this coin for awhile, so if I trace the rune on a mirror or the like, I can scry it. Takes awhile to trace the rune and doesn’t last long. But my hope is that whomever made these will come back for the remains. If they do, and they scoop it up, I’ll be able to see who they are and where they are. Many assumptions here, I know. But worth a try.”

Otalan Rune:
Rune Power (7th level): when traced on a relective surface (for example, on a mirror, a polished shield, or even on still water), otalan lets you scry on an object that you’ve possessed for at least one week, or on any member of your immediate family within three generations of you, per the scrying spell. Tracing the rune takes 10 minutes and the efect lasts while you concentrate, for up to 10 minutes.


HP 29/29 | AC 15 | Acr +4 Dec +7 Ins +7 Int +5 Inv +1 Perc +2 Perf +7 Pers +10 Stea +6 | Saves: S -1, D* +6, C +0, I +0, W +1, Ch* +7; Imm Disease Poison (dam and cond) | Init +3 | PPerc 12; PInv 11; PIns 17 | Spd 30' | Insp: Yes! | HD 7/7 | Status: Normal | Spell slots: 4 3 3 1 | BrdIns 4x d8

"So our next step is to climb out? Tzk..." comments Deimus as he looks up, his mental tube humming softly while he wonders how he will manage not to break his neck.


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

"I believe your representative knows another way Lord Gearforged."


Tracker Sheet

Not sure what Lexi meant there, but yes you could try to escape using other means. The first step would be to open the large iron door that is currently barred from the other side.

If you prefer, the climb is as mentioned from the top floor, and is a shallowly sloping square shaft. You can get in and body brace yourself up without much effort, no roll assuming as long as out of combat. A rope secured at the top and let down would be useful for any rolls that might need to be made.


HP: 43 (55) | AC: 17/18 | Saves: Str: +0; Dex: +7; Con: +2; Int: +3; Wis: +2; Cha: +0 | Initiative: +6 | Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 15; Passive Investigation: 10 | Inspiration: [X] | Spells/Day: 1 (3)

I thought the councillor said he knew another way out.


Tracker Sheet

Many for one the size of a mouse (he transformed from a mouse into the humanoid form before you at the end of combat). But just the flues. But you don't have to listen, you could somehow break down the barred door and fight/sneak your way out the front perhaps.


CG Female Human(Variant) Cleric(Tempest Domain) 7 HP: 26/26 | AC: 10 | Saves: STR +3 DEX 0 CON +1 INT 0 WIS* +5 CHA* +3 | Perception: +5, Investigate: 0, Insight: +5 | Channel Divinity: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 0/3, 3rd 0/3, 4th 0/1| Arrows: 20, Inspiration: 1, Status: Dying, again.

Flues are probably our best bet.

"I do not think I can survive another fight like that one," Raseri says as the others discuss how to leave, "If the flues are hidden from their eyes, then let us go that way."

701 to 727 of 727 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Courts of the Shadow Fey Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.