GM Xavier Kahlvet's Strange Aeons 2e

Game Master KingTreyIII

Maps
Character Profiles
Inventory

Hero Points
Boodiddly: 1 | Jevar: 1 | Kolgradd: 2 | Shohreh: 1


4,001 to 4,050 of 4,144 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻
Kolgradd Thunderiron wrote:

"Upstairs? In the attic?"

Kolgradd looks up at the ceiling to see if there's a hatch or something.

"Where's the roof access?"

Y’all already found an inexplicably-invisible ladder and a hidden hatch in the ceiling to go up a floor..

Kolgradd Thunderiron wrote:

"What will this blue liquid do?"

”Give…me…peace…”


Female Changeling Cleric 11 | HP 111/140 | AC 28 | F: +19, R: +20, W: +24 (Resolute) | Perc: +21, Stealth: +17 | Speed 30ft | Font: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Reactions: Blood Vendetta | Conditions: Vital Beacon (5d10)

Shohreh gives Kolgradd a short, forceful nod when he hesitates. "Do it."


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

Sigh. If you can believe it I went back and reread the room description because I thought I remembered a ladder, but I couldn't find it /facepalm

Kolgradd looks at Jevar and Boodiddly first to make sure they're finished, then pours the liquid into the container.

Afterwards he heads up the ladder. He has to have his hammer hanging low on his back as it's so large, and otherwise the haft would be awkward opening the hatch. He tries to go as stealthily as possible.

I suppose he'll be avoiding notice for opening the trapdoor and until he's up and got the hammer out

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

Kolgradd pours the vial into the vat labeled “Number 61.” As the blue liquid begins to mix in with the rest of the fluids, the face-skin burbles out ”Thank……..you……..”

The face-skin then shudders before stilling, then slowly floats to the bottom of the vat.

As Kolgradd moves up the ladder, he finds that the hatch doesn’t open—not that it’s locked, but that there’s clearly something on top of it. Stealth be damned, I suppose.

Kolgradd Athletics: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25

Kolgradd Athletics: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28

There is just enough resistance that Kolgradd has to actually try to force open the trapdoor, but the resistance is so mild that he easily overcomes it. He manages to open the trapdoor despite the weight put on top of it, moving the weight to the side as he does so.

Up the Invisible Ladder

The smell of chemicals and flesh fill the room. What first appear to be curtains hanging throughout the room turn out to be scores of skins, taken in unimaginable agony judging by the looks on the faces that waft eerily in an unseen breeze. Map Updated

What Kolgradd first notices as he reaches the top of the ladder is that there is a second ladder—this one not invisible—continuing to move upward to yet another hatch in the ceiling. The second thing he notices is Miacknian Mun—or just another of his numerous copies—laying on his side in the fetal position right next to the trapdoor he just came through—was HE what was on top of the trapdoor? Mun seems completely unresponsive to the fact that he was just forcibly knocked onto his side—he just stares at the wall with bloodshot eyes and mumbling to himself.

The rest of the former-amnesiacs come up the ladder because I’m not gonna be a jerk about this and have combat start when people are climbing up the ladder (last time I did that it did not end well) and they begin to notice shadows in the translucent skins.

Initiative:
Boodiddly: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 2 = 35
Jevar: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Kolgradd: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 20 + 2 = 30
Shohreh: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

White Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29
Black Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

In the northwest corner of the room, the former-amnesiacs all notice a hunched over shadow, clearly trying (and failing) to hide The black circle.

Only Kolgradd and Shohreh notice, however, that there is another figure hiding in the southwest corner. The white circle

FYI, the skin-curtains provide concealment, but can easily be taken down with an Interact action.

Business Partners
Round 1
==============
Shohreh
Boodiddly
Kolgradd

White
Black
Jevar
==============


CG M Gnome (sensate) Bard 11 | HP 129 | AC 28 | F +19 R +19 W +21 (Resolve) | Perc +20 (+2 vs Initiative), Imprecise Scent | Speed 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 3/3 5th 3/3 6th 2/2 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

Boodiddly snaps his fingers and a translucent copy of his left hand appears next to him. Carefully he mimes pulling a curtain aside, grimacing as if it were his actual hand touching the skin-curtain and not a projection of it.

Casting unseen servant [AAA], which uses two Interact actions to drop the curtains to the south and west [MM].


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

"Who's there?"

Kolgradd unslings his long hammer, casts a quick protective shield, and tries to figure out exactly what sort of danger they're facing.

◆ Interact to draw hammer
◆ Cast Shield
◆ Recall Knowledge Or maybe a Seek? I'm not sure if we're seeing shadows because the creatures are obscured, or if they're shadows of the incorporeal type


Female Changeling Cleric 11 | HP 111/140 | AC 28 | F: +19, R: +20, W: +24 (Resolute) | Perc: +21, Stealth: +17 | Speed 30ft | Font: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Reactions: Blood Vendetta | Conditions: Vital Beacon (5d10)

"Shadows preserve us..." Shohreh breathes, clearly disturbed by their new surroundings. Still, she keeps her head. "There!" she shouts, pointing a finger to the southwest. "Another!"

She quietly chants a prayer, suddenly surrounding herself in an aura of forboding.

◆ Point Out (white)
◆◆ Cast bane


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻
Kolgradd Thunderiron wrote:
I'm not sure if we're seeing shadows because the creatures are obscured, or if they're shadows of the incorporeal type

They’re shadows because they’re obscured.

Shohreh points out one of the figures and then surrounds herself in an aura.

Boodiddly summons forth an invisible servant to take down the curtains. I guess that’s on me for saying they only take an Interact action XD

Kolgradd pulls out his hammer and protects himself. I’m gonna say that that last action is to Point Out the other shadow, because you technically don’t know that everyone can already see it.

GM Screen:
Drink juggernaut, Sneak.

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36

Just as soon as White is pointed out, that shadow seems to blend in to the rest of the lighting. Successful ◆ Hide to become hidden instead of concealed.

As the former-amnesiacs continue trying to find this person or thing, they reveal themselves. Quick footfalls echo throughout the room, and before he even realizes it, Kolgradd sees a flash of silver coming from the corner of his eye! Spring from the Shadows. White Strides, ending adjacent to a creature they’re hidden from, then Strikes that creature. They remain hidden until after the Strike, so Kolgradd is flat-footed against it. Though he can still attempt an AoO since he knows SOMETHING is coming.

↻ Kolgradd AoO vs White: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39
Damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5, 4) + 8 = 20 Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Cold Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

DC 11 flat: 1d20 ⇒ 9

White vs Kolgradd FF: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27
Damage; Sneak Attack: 2d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 11 + (5, 5) = 30

Kolgradd nevertheless manages to stop the attack with his magical shield, and he sees something interesting: another dero, but this one having three arms! One hand holds a shortsword while another holds this strange hook on a rope.

FYI, White has 10 temporary HP. Y’all don’t know WHY, but she does.

Black Strides out from behind the curtain—he appears to be another dero, this one more elderly—and ◆◆ Casts a Spell that Boodiddly immediately recognizes: hideous laughter!

Kolgradd Will: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38 Critical Success

Business Partners
Round 1 —> 2
==============
Shohreh
Boodiddly
Kolgradd

White (+10)
Black
Jevar
==============


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

Jevar looks down at his feathered friend and whispers...

Please repleshing my wellspring...

◆ Command an Animal/Minion - Oreb: ◆◆ Familiar Focus
◆ Cast a spell (somantic) Force Bolt vs white
Force damage WHITE (heightened 5th): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) + 3 = 12
◆ Cast a spell (verbal) Shield


Female Changeling Cleric 11 | HP 111/140 | AC 28 | F: +19, R: +20, W: +24 (Resolute) | Perc: +21, Stealth: +17 | Speed 30ft | Font: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Reactions: Blood Vendetta | Conditions: Vital Beacon (5d10)

Shohreh throws a beam of pure energy at the monster threatening Kolgradd before tending to her own defense.

Divine Lance vs White: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
Good: 5d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 4, 4) + 6 = 23

◆◆ Cast divine lance
◆ Cast shield, AC 27 Hardness 15
↻ Blood Vendetta


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

Kolgradd's eyes narrow at the spellcaster when they try to make him laugh.

"That one's mine"

Casually ignoring his three-armed attacker, he regrips his hammer for maximum flexibility, then approaches the spellcaster to get his revenge

◆ Enter Disruptive Stance
◆ Stride
◆ Strike

Long Hammer: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (17) + 22 = 39
Bludgeoning: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 2, 4) + 8 = 22Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3


CG M Gnome (sensate) Bard 11 | HP 129 | AC 28 | F +19 R +19 W +21 (Resolve) | Perc +20 (+2 vs Initiative), Imprecise Scent | Speed 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 3/3 5th 3/3 6th 2/2 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

“I didn’t get that one - think you could explain it to me?” Boodiddly quips even as his nose wrinkles in disgust at the idea of his hand even remotely touching the skins. The other hand snaps and taps, creating a familiar rhythm that fights to be heard through the sound-dampening curtains.

Diplomacy to Bon Mot vs White Will: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42
Performance to Linger: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32

Sustain [A] (Stride [M] and Interact to drop curtain south of Jevar [M]), Bon Mot vs White [A], Lingering Composition [F], and cast inspire defense [A].


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

Jevar sends a bolt of force at White.

Shohreh sends a beam of energy at White, but the spell misses as White makes a Nimble Dodge! +2 to AC vs that attack.

Boodiddly quips at White then begins singing.

Kolgradd moves over and attacks the spellcaster! Crit.

Black Fort vs frost; DC 24: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Black Fort vs crit spec; DC 27: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Well I’ll be damned.

Boodiddly wrote:
“I didn’t get that one - think you could explain it to me?”

White snaps her gaze onto Boodiddly and simply says ”You have seen too much. Die!” ◆ quip to remove Bon Mot.

She returns her gaze back onto Jevar and does a quick one-two with the roped-hook and the shortsword in her hands! ◆◆ Twin Feint. Makes two Strikes (MAP applies normally), but Jevar is flat-footed against the second Strike.

White aklys vs Jevar w/shield & inspire defense: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43
Damage (doubled from crit): 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 = 16

Assuming Jevar ↻ Shield Blocks here.

White shortsword vs Jevar FF w/inspire defense; 2nd, agile: 1d20 + 24 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 24 - 4 = 23
Damage; Sneak Attack: 2d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 11 + (5, 6) = 32

Black—with the knowledge that Kolgradd has an Attack of Opportunity but NOT the knowledge he is in Disruptive Stance—attempts to stare deeply into Kolgradd’s eyes Cyntillesh Stare but this only causes Kolgradd to lash out at the mage! Triggers an AoO due to being a concentrate action.

↻ Kolgradd AoO vs Black: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
Damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) + 8 = 19 Cold Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Kolgradd hits Black such that the mage cannot maintain eye contact long enough to do what he wanted. And barely on the brink of life, Black ◆◆ Casts a Spell.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

↻ Jevar:
Rank 3 occult vampiric touch

Black places a hand on Kolgradd’s chest in an attempt to drain the dwarf of his life force!

Negative Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 2, 4, 6) = 20
Kolgradd basic Fort; inspire defense: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23 That’s…actually a failure. Wow. Black gains temp. HP equal to half the damage that dealt.

Fire Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8
DC 15 flat: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Aaaand there goes most of the temp HP.


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

Seeing that his last spell worked, Jevar sends another force bolt at the nearby creature and some fire as well.

◆ Cast a spell (somatic) Force Bolt vs WHITE
Force damage WHITE (heightened 5th): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) + 3 = 9
◆◆ Cast a spell (somatic, verbal) produce flame vs WHITE
Spell attack WHITE, fire damage: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 315d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 2, 1) + 6 = 19
On a critical success, the target takes double damage and 5d4 persistent fire damage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG M Gnome (sensate) Bard 11 | HP 129 | AC 28 | F +19 R +19 W +21 (Resolve) | Perc +20 (+2 vs Initiative), Imprecise Scent | Speed 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 3/3 5th 3/3 6th 2/2 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

“Sorry, what was that?” Boodiddly quips right back, letting his ghostly hand vanish. “‘You’ve been to lunch, bye?’ Is… Is it a joke?” He chuckles politely just in case it was.

Diplomacy, Status to Bon Mot vs White Will: 1d20 + 22 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 4 = 32

Bon Mot vs White [A] (activating Mask of Allure [F]) and casting hideous laughter on White (Will DC 30) [AA].


Female Changeling Cleric 11 | HP 111/140 | AC 28 | F: +19, R: +20, W: +24 (Resolute) | Perc: +21, Stealth: +17 | Speed 30ft | Font: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Reactions: Blood Vendetta | Conditions: Vital Beacon (5d10)

Shohreh repeats her actions, hoping to distract Koglradd's opponent enough to help the dwarf land a finishing blow.

Divine Lance vs Black: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30
Good: 5d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 1, 1) + 6 = 13

◆◆ Cast divine lance
◆ Cast shield, AC 27 Hardness 15
Blood Vendetta


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

Kolgradd rages at having his life energy stolen.

◆ Strike
Long Hammer, Inspire: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
Bludgeoning, Inspire: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3, 8) + 8 = 21 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 1

It sounded like he was near death, so I'll assume that (or Shohreh's lance) takes him down. He'd stay if not

◆ Stride
◆ Strike

"We've seen too much?!"

Growing increasing angry, Kolgradd races over to the three-armed rogue and attacks her too.

Long Hammer, Inspire: 1d20 + 22 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 22 - 5 = 35
Bludgeoning, Inspire: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3, 7) + 8 = 21 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 1


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

I realized that I never posted the initiative card on my previous post. I had it updated, I just didn’t include it in my post. My bad XD

Jevar sends a set of bolts at White followed by a mass of fire. ↻ Nimble Dodge on the produce flame; attack misses.

Shohreh sends a bolt of energy at Black, which knocks the mage to the ground!

Boodiddly quips at White BARELY not a crit success and sends a spell at her. Also means the unseen servant ends.

White Will; Bon Motted, juggernaut mutagen: 1d20 + 16 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 - 2 - 2 = 19 Facepalm Give a guy a clear weakness, expect it to be exploited, I guess XD.

The three-armed dero then begins laughing hysterically, rolling on the floor in a fit.

Switching Kolgradd’s Stride with his first Strike and changing his second Strike to an Advantageous Assault: Kolgradd moves over and moves to slam his hammer over the three-armed dero’s head, but barely misses as the dero rolls around on the floor in laughter. He then follows up with another attack! That hits, and deals +5 damage due to Advantageous Assault.

White continues to laugh on the ground uncontrollably.

Business Partners
Round 3 —> 4
==============
Shohreh
Boodiddly {Lingering Defense: Round 2 of 3}
Kolgradd (-20)

White (-41) {prone; Bon Motted; no reactions & slowed 1}
Jevar (-15)
==============


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

I don't think I've ever used the melee version of produce flame, but there's a first time for everything...

He's down! FINISH HIM! Jevar shouts before stepping over to square himself up with the creature.

◆ Step W

Reciting an incantation that is unintelligible to his teammates, but for which the sounds are very familiar, the mage winds up with his left arm while manifesting a blade of fire, before forcefully swinging it down on the creature.

◆◆ Cast (somatic, verbal) produce flame vs WHITE
Spell attack WHITE, fire damage: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 375d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 4, 3) + 6 = 23
On a critical success, the target takes double damage and 5d4 persistent fire damage.

He stands over it and looks down to see what is left.


Female Changeling Cleric 11 | HP 111/140 | AC 28 | F: +19, R: +20, W: +24 (Resolute) | Perc: +21, Stealth: +17 | Speed 30ft | Font: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Reactions: Blood Vendetta | Conditions: Vital Beacon (5d10)

If it works, it works, Shohreh thinks to herself, throwing yet another blast of divine energy at their sole remaining foe.

Divine Lance vs White: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31
Good: 5d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 2, 2) + 6 = 18

◆◆ Cast divine lance
◆ Cast shield, AC 27 Hardness 15
Blood Vendetta


CG M Gnome (sensate) Bard 11 | HP 129 | AC 28 | F +19 R +19 W +21 (Resolve) | Perc +20 (+2 vs Initiative), Imprecise Scent | Speed 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 3/3 5th 3/3 6th 2/2 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

Boodiddly continues laughing nervously and tries to think about what these two could be - especially since most folks he knew didn’t have three arms.

Sustain [A] and Recall Knowledge x2 [AA].


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

Jevar sends a mass of flame at White.

Shohreh sends spiritual energy at White. Hits only because of prone

GM Screen:
2d20 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Boodiddly:
Bardic Lore: You get the sense that White might have just…been BORN with a third arm. Strange alchemical mutations, apparently.

As for why the deros are here: You think they might have just wandered up. Maybe Mun has them as roommates or something?

Botting Kolgradd: Kolgradd Strikes then does two Advantageous Assaults.

Kolgradd vs White FF: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 Failure
Damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 4, 1) + 8 = 20 Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Cold Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Kolgradd vs White FF; 2nd: 1d20 + 22 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 22 - 5 = 19 Critical Failure
Damage; Advantageous Assault: 3d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3, 8) + 8 + 4 = 28 Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Cold Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Kolgradd vs White FF; 3rd: 1d20 + 22 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 22 - 5 = 33 Success
Damage; Advantageous Assault: 3d8 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 8, 6) + 8 + 4 = 30 Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Cold Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

White ceases laughing long enough to spring back to her feet! ◇ Kip Up; doesn’t trigger a reaction. Then, seeing the damage that can be done by him, does a ◆◆ Twin Feint against Kolgradd!

White aklys vs Kolgradd w/inspire defense: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 3) + 11 = 19

White shortsword vs Kolgradd FF w/inspire defense; 2nd, agile: 1d20 + 24 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 24 - 4 = 26
Damage; Sneak Attack: 2d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 11 + (3, 5) = 28

Business Partners
Round 4 —> 5
==============
Shohreh
Boodiddly
Kolgradd (-20)

White (-119) {Bon Motted; no reactions & slowed 1}
Jevar (-15)
==============


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

What? No! Just die already. He seems incredulous that she got to her feet again.

Jevar tries to smash her with his "flame club" again.

◆◆ Cast (somatic, verbal) produce flame vs WHITE
Spell attack WHITE, fire damage: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 265d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 2, 4) + 6 = 23
On a critical success, the target takes double damage and 5d4 persistent fire damage.
◆ Cast (verbal) shield

This can't go on much longer!


Female Changeling Cleric 11 | HP 111/140 | AC 28 | F: +19, R: +20, W: +24 (Resolute) | Perc: +21, Stealth: +17 | Speed 30ft | Font: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Reactions: Blood Vendetta | Conditions: Vital Beacon (5d10)

"Just...stop...fighting!" Shohreh commands, clearly just as exasperated. She flings her starknife and a spell in quick succession.

Starknife vs White: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Slashing: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Daze vs White, DC 30 basic Will: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 6 = 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG M Gnome (sensate) Bard 11 | HP 129 | AC 28 | F +19 R +19 W +21 (Resolve) | Perc +20 (+2 vs Initiative), Imprecise Scent | Speed 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 3/3 5th 3/3 6th 2/2 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

Boodiddly’s chuckles slowly turn into a sigh. Suddenly turns his face towards the three-armed woman. “You’d better do as she says,” he croaks in a raspy, thin voice, “or she’ll do exactly what she’s wanted to do ever since she laid eyes on your unfortunate skin.” Just as abruptly, he starts whistling innocently.

Intimidate to Demoralize: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

Sustain [A], Demoralize [A], and cast inspire courage [A].


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

Constantly moving while trading blows with the talented swordswoman, Kolgradd repositions to take advantage of Jevar's flaming blade.

◆ Stride

Can Kolgradd take a curtain down with his hammer? I'll assume so, but if not there'd be concealment and he'd attack again

He then sweeps the curtain away, and attacks!
◆ Interact to pull curtain
◆ Strike

Long Hammer, Inspire vs. FF?: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 1 = 29
Bludgeoning, Inspire: 3d8 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 8 + 1 = 17 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

Really bad headspace today. Sorry.

Jevar misses with his spell.

Shohreh misses with her starknife.

White Will; Bon Motted, juggernaut mutagen: 1d20 + 16 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 16 - 2 - 2 = 17 Unfortunately, the stunned doesn’t stack with the slowed, so it’ll essentially just be double damage.

Boodiddly critically succeeds at Demoralizing.

Kolgradd Thunderiron wrote:
Can Kolgradd take a curtain down with his hammer? I'll assume so, but if not there'd be concealment and he'd attack again

Your hammer does piercing damage, I believe, so I’d allow the Interact to be flavored as you stabbing your hammer through the curtain then forcing it down.

Kolgradd takes down a curtain then attacks White. Only a hit because of the frightened from Boodiddly. Also retroactively adding in the inspire courage.

White does a ◆◆ Twin Feint against Kolgradd.

White aklys vs Kolgradd; frightened 2: 1d20 + 24 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 24 - 2 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 4) + 11 = 21

White shortsword vs Kolgradd FF; 2nd, agile, frightened 2: 1d20 + 24 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 24 - 4 - 2 = 34
Damage; Sneak Attack: 2d6 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 11 + (5, 6) = 27

Business Partners
Round 5 —> 6
==============
Shohreh
Boodiddly
Kolgradd (-47)

White (-167) {Bon Motted; no reactions & slowed 1; frightened 1}
Jevar (-15)
==============


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

Jevar looks over at Shohreh and Boodiddly before stepping to the side to make room for them around their foe.

◆ Step W

Would you just die already?!

◆◆ Cast (somatic, verbal) produce flame vs WHITE (inspired)
Spell attack WHITE, fire damage: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 20 + 1 = 415d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 4, 3) + 6 + 1 = 22
On a critical success, the target takes double damage and 5d4 persistent fire damage.

Oh... well. perhaps she will.


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

While Jevar's burning them to a crisp, Kolgradd is hammering them to a pulp.

◆ Cast Shield
◆ Strike
Long Hammer vs. FF?: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (10) + 22 = 32
Bludgeoning: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 7, 6) + 8 = 28 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5

◆ Strike
Long Hammer, MAP vs. FF?: 1d20 + 22 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 22 - 5 = 30
Bludgeoning: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1, 7) + 8 = 19 Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

Alright, handwaving Shohreh’s and Boodiddly’s turns:

Jevar and Kolgradd double-team White until she is reduced to a bloody—and burning—pulp!

All the while, the only thing being heard anymore is the mutterings of “Miacknian Mun” in the corner of the room.

And it is at this point that I want y’all to turn to the Discussion.


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

Gonna give a Hero Point to everyone because I’m really damn bad at giving them out XD

Healing:
Shohreh Medicine; DC 30: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40
Healing: 4d8 + 40 ⇒ (5, 8, 7, 7) + 40 = 67

Jevar and Boodiddly Refocus.

Also, while we’re waiting for some people to do remastering (something I probably should have waited for until AoN caught up), there are a couple of roleplay things that we can do here. Specifically a person that looks like Miacknian Mun is just in the corner in the fetal position.

What do you do?


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

Jevar exhales and gives himself a full minute to catch his breath.

I'm starting the feel like part of a brute squad. Sure spells are great, but I'm nearly reduced to beating things with my books at this point!

He cracks his knuckles and steps back over to near where Mun is still huddled tightly on the ground.

He gently pokes Mun in the side with is staff (of the dreamlands).

Is it really you, finally? Just what is going on around here? Copies of you and countless other creatures have made it known that we are not welcome here and all the while we simply had some questions for you.

He pauses and focuses in for a second on the figure, waiting to see if it stirs and responds or takes on some new grotesque figure to attack.


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

Mun does not look in Jevar’s direction, merely continuing to rock himself on the ground as he digs the fingernails of his right hand into his left shoulder. It is at this point that Jevar notices that Mun is apparently clutching something in his left hand—some scraps of paper, perhaps?


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

Jevar very gingerly squats down, trying to not generally intrude on Mun's person.

He does however, try to lightly pinch an opposite end of one or more of the scraps of paper and tug lightly at them to see if Mun will release any.


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

Kolgradd looks a little wounded at the "brute squad" remark, but only for a second.

"It'll do you good to use your muscles from time to time!"

Remembering how the Mun at the entrance felt strange and not at all like a human, Kolgradd tries to assess this one, under the guise of a reassuring pat.

"There there lad, it's over now"


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻
Kolgradd Thunderiron wrote:
Remembering how the Mun at the entrance felt strange and not at all like a human, Kolgradd tries to assess this one, under the guise of a reassuring pat.

Mun doesn’t seem to react to Kolgradd’s gesture. The dwarf puts a hand on Mun’s shoulder and gives a slight squeeze. Sure enough, it seems that his body is not supported by anything inside. This one is just like the other two “Miacknian Muns” the former-amnesiacs found—lacking in internal organs and just sapient skin.

Jevar Shadowmantle wrote:
He does however, try to lightly pinch an opposite end of one or more of the scraps of paper and tug lightly at them to see if Mun will release any.

Mun clutches the papers with a white-knuckled strength, and does not give way at Jevar’s efforts; if the wizard kept trying to get the papers, he would most likely end up ripping a corner.


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

Jevar taps Mun on the back with his staff.

Come now Mun, answer us or release what you're holding so that we can understand!

His staff prods directly at the man's hand that holds the papers. He's not (yet?) trying to hurt Mun, but more see if his attention can be captured.


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

Kolgradd stands back up and replaces his hands on his hammer. He shakes his head at Jevar.

"That's not Mun. It's another sibling"

He looks warily at the construct holding the papers, but doesn't move to intervene.


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

GM Screen:
4d20 ⇒ (7, 12, 7, 7) = 33

Kolgradd notices that this Mun’s eyes occasionally dart to the ladder right next to him (leading up another floor), and looking at that ladder seems to stress him out more, so he breaks his gaze.


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

"Right then"

Kolgradd announces, stowing his hammer and looking significantly at the ladder.

"Let's make sure the rest of this place is safe"

He then climbs it to see what's above


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

As soon as Kolgradd moves over to the ladder, Mun breaks down. His strange madness intensifies as he grips both of his shoulders with the opposite hands, digging his nails into his skin—though he notably does not bleed. This action causes the papers Mun was clutching to slip from his hand.

As Jevar bends down to look at the papers, it seems to be several scribbles. Among them is a sentence fragment about the otherworldly protector of the library and the Soul within an iron puzzle box.

Another note, this one much more intact, reads Afterward, equip in Okeno—meet with Biting Lash. A ship has been arranged. In the margins, there are a number of crude drawings of angels and the note Swivel heads in the right direction to delve deeper.

Society 20:
Okeno is a city in Qadira whose majority population are the hyena-like kholos. More than anything else, though, it is known for one thing: slavery. Slave trade is the lifeblood of Okeno’s economy.

Shohreh:
You know the name Biting Lash—after all, you were her property for years (perhaps her sigil was even branded into your flesh). You never met the slaver, but you know that she is something of a mob boss among the kholos, and that her employees captured you and your sister when you were young. Last you knew, she was holing herself up in this massive fortress—that’s also where she keeps her “inventory” when she’s not actively selling it.


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

Society (could possibly fail, but not likely): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

Jevar winces at the reference in the note.

[b]Okeno. They do a lot of slave trade there. Most folk their are the kholos. I guess we're eventually headed there, but we should be careful in that place.[/b

He then follows Kolgradd up.


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻

As the former-amnesiacs begin to climb the invisible ladder, they are overcome with mental fatigue, as the world disappears around them. They see a vision: some kind of mold or other fungus in a blank void. The fungus is rapidly growing and then collapsing in on itself before growing anew. This vision repeats and repeats and repeats.

And the former-amnesiacs hear the sounds of clicks and mental static, which (for some reason) the former-amnesiacs know as a language that they somehow understand.

” I̛̳̬̙̟̠̟͕t̘̭͔̙̫ ̦̻̯͚̦͡re͔̝̲a̧̪͇c̣̼̻̥h̭͖̹͝e͈̼s҉ ̲̮͖̗͚͕i͈͈͈̮̜͘ṯ̟͖̜̰s͖̗̜̺̱̱͚ ̪͕̱̼̱̠͉͢ţ̗̠̙̲̞e̷̥̮ͅn͉̲d̮͖͖͇̻r͕̮͓̱͚͡i̟̼͈͚̝͎l͚̙͖s̟͓̥̖̙̮̲ t͔͖̟̬̫h̴͎̟r̨̩ou̼̹̲͟g̫̪̜͘h͙̻̝̜ ̬̮̰̥́t̼̭̩̺͈͕͞ḥ̬̬͔͜e̸ ̖m͚̞i͏̼͇n̶͍͉̞̹̭d̠͔͞s̫ ̮͉͔̻̮̞̻of̲̪͉̀ ͚͇͟t̥̯̻͇̥͍h̼̝̗o͖̻͔̺s̜̳͚e̠͉͚̺̖͝ ̶w̤̳̰͠h͈o̺͔ ͍̫͍͈̗k̨̮̥̠̗n̲̦͝o͚͕͇͉͇͎̼͞w̸͙ ͕̮̳̦͈̰o̪̪̼f̞͈͖̦͍͟ͅ ͙͔͓̹i̮̖͚̭t̬̼.̤ ̤͠I͖̠͍̗̤̟̩t͕̤̼̥͚͡ ͎̖̣̭͟ͅṟe̝a̗̫͠c͏̭̣͍͚͇͓h̼̩̹́ȩ̗͎͎̬̼͚s̤͎̗͟ ̀b̶̝̹̩͈̱̤e̗̫̗̖̭͇y̞̩̩o͚̪̼͍̕n̖̤͚ͅd̡ ̤̯͔̥t̵̯h͓̬̠̮͘ͅè͚̘̜͔̣ ̠̣v̟͡ȩ̘̣͕̰i̵̞̥̰̗l͔͉͖̹̞͍̲͘ ͍ọ͙̗̱̱̦f̞̫ ̱̯̺̫d͓̠͔̕r̻̺̪̪͝e̛̲̦͖͇̜̜ͅa̢̫͈̙ͅm̰̩͍̜̪̬s̩͍̮̤̝͍͎.̠̫̥̝̫ ̼͓̱̰͖̲͙H̼͇͉̮u͙͕̳̖̖͜r̶̪ry̜͇̖.͏̞̞̻ͅ “

KA-KLOOONG

And once more, the ringing of a massive bell snaps the former-amnesiacs back to reality. The vision is gone and it appears as if nothing else has changed.

Up the invisible ladder

Ivy fills the room—endless trailing vines flow in through broken windows and cover the floor here like a living carpet. The sickening scent of decay hides within the scent of fresh vegetation. Map Updated

The former-amnesiacs don’t notice anything out of the ordinary as they all get into the room. That is, until Shoreh comes up the ladder, and decides to look up. There is a creature in the rafters. No, not in; part of the rafters! It’s grown into and around the wooden rafters of this building!

Trigger Warning: Disturbing Imagery (pseudo-sexual body horror):
The creature has goat-like hooves and legs, covered in damp fur and kicking. Then the former-amnesiacs see the shocking plethora of sexual organs, only some of which are clearly identifiable, and those are rapidly and horribly becoming visibly aroused while leaking white fluid. And the spine begin to show, arched and ridged and covered with slits that open wetly to reveal small eyes which roll and spin in their sockets.

As the former-amnesiacs are looking up at the hideous monstrosity in the rafters, a translucent image superimposes itself over the former-amnesiacs’ eyesight on the abomination. They see a chaotic image of hundreds of faces all flickering between one another. The clicking and mental static once more echoes in their ears.

”It̴͉̝̬ ͍̣̱̝se̺n̡̼̪d̬̦s̬̻͇͓͙̣͜ ̥̤̙̦̝͜i͏͚̼͚t̵̪͉̭s̗ ͓t̨̪̭̙en̺̘d̶̻̻̖͇ͅr̫̠̝̭͍̜͡ͅi̺̗̗ls̵̞͚ ͍͖̗̝ͅt̼̱̼ḥr̦͇̣͓̜̝̳o̝ù̼g̢̲̰̞̯h̼͕ t͈̣̞̭̻͚̖̕h͔͚e̱͓͉̙͎̝i̠͔̦̬͉r̵̺̞̬̬̹̦ ̗͜ḿ͓̩͇̤͎in̕d͔̗͈͉͖̜͟s̢̤̩̗ ̭̫̖̀t̼̯̣͎̻o̸ ̲̲̯g̫̱͔at̮̮̝̠h̼̹͎̹͍̠̼͡ę̼͇̲̜̩r̩̦͇͔͓̦̕ͅ ̻̭͍̻i̟͠ṱ̛̬̣̣̜̙s̥̪͓ͅ ̱̤̝̠̲̰ͅs̢̫̹t̫̰̖͈̱̝̲r͔̖̹̯̮̲̖ẹ͈̯͇͢n̰͖g̙̲͉̘t̵̬̠̘̩̱͎h͎͖̤̹͚͚,҉̪̜͎̠͍ ̴̱bu̗͜t̮̠͚̠̫̻͚ ̳̜̥͙̰̫ͅd͖̝̥͖͍e̤s̟p̱͔̦̞̮͈i̵̮̟̤͚̮̤ͅt͇̼e̱͙̣̯̠͎͙ ̡̩̫̟̣y̵̪̝o̺̳̟̩u͔͔̞̺͎͈͜ͅr̝̩̀ ͈̀k̡̥͉̖̠͙ͅn̰̺̲͉̺͞ͅo͚̗̤̤̭͓w͎̻̱͎͉̱ͅl̼̗̠̲̤̭ed̲̻̭̜͚͙̥̀g̣̪̖͔ḛ͓̲ ̸͓͖͈͇y̷̬͈̭ou̺͙̣͕͖͔͝ ̲̲ḁ͡r͈̥̰̼e̡̺̩̯͉̞̳͖ ̸͕͕c̙̦̰̙l̳̼̪͠e̬̱a̴̹̗͈͇n̼̝̤͕̫͉͔͢.̥̘̮͎̰̳̣ ̡̬̹̼Y̛̙o̝̯̫̙͕u͜ ̹ca̟̥͔̭̻n̢ ̡̝̣s̨̯͎̙̱̳to̼͓̬̼p̶͔̗̺̥͔ ̶̻̤̝̮̭i̵͍̰͇̹͖͎͈t̫̹̳̹͔̱͢.͉͠ ̦̰̥̣̹̻D̺̼͍͉͚̞̼o̟̞n̝̺͎̠̙̖’̥̞̼̖͕̪͠t͟ ̸̠͖͙̦̺̺̭l̩̠̰͔̲e̱̙͔̙̰̙͞t̥̞͕̮̱̼ ̥̤i͡t̘̳̤͝ͅ ̵i̘̗͔̤̟ͅn̸̖̜͈f͙̩̙̻e̩̝͉c͚͕̠̖͢t̲̟̼ ͔t̘̠̤͔̼̝͡ͅh̛i͖s̱̺̞̬̺̞͠ ̟͚̰̥w̻͇̱͍̭o̷̮̞̗ͅͅr͏l̨͓͍͖̟̖̪d̵̲͖͖̩̠̼̣ ̰̖̜̱̮̣a̹̳͕̬̟͇̬nd̖̗̳ ̡͕̣̗̠͉͚s̥̰̮̲e͉̻̯͍̟ͅr̸̜̙ͅͅv̘̻̳̫͚̗̙͡e̼̻̭̫̠ ̸̦̬̖͚̻̖i̴͕̼t̫̟̝̬́ ̞̮͈t͇̟̖̻͕͡o̦ ̭̺C͚͍̯a̯̙̜̻̮̺͘r̲̞c̱͓̪̯o͚̬s͇͍̟̙̫̰̩͡ą͈̹͇̱̘.̯͕̮̭̯͓“

KA-KLOOONG

The sound of a massive bell snaps former-amnesiacs back to where they are currently as they notice monster’s many eyes already on them. It begins to shift slightly, causing the wooden foundation to creak, as it unleashes several rubbery tentacles!

Initiative:
Boodiddly: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 2 = 39
Jevar: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Kolgradd: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 2 = 40
Shohreh: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

Abomination: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30

Note: the monster is 15 feet off the ground, meaning that even Kolgradd can NOT reach it in melee with his reach weapon. I am representing its token with two black circles (I don’t have an image for it, and I don’t think y’all would WANT me to use it). The one on the Lower Attic map is meant to show its lateral position relative to y’all (hence its translucence). The opaque black circle in the Upper Attic map is its actual position. Additionally, because it has grown into and around the rafters, the abomination is off-guard and takes a -2 circumstance penalty to Reflex saves.

I will also say that everyone has to spend an action pulling out a weapon because y’all JUST finished climbing a ladder.

The Anomalous Friend
Round 1
==============
Kolgradd
Boodiddly
Shohreh
Jevar

Abomination {off-guard & -2 to Reflex} [15’ above ground]
==============


male human (versatile) wizard (unified magic theory, alchemist, rogue) 11 | HP 74 | AC 29 | F +16 R +20 W +19 | Perc +18 (continual flame; innate Detect Magic) | Stealth +19 | Speed 25 ft | Scroll Adept: ☐lightning bolt, ☐ice storm | drain familiar [1][2][3][4][5][6] | focus☐ | familiar focus☐ | Quick Alchemy☐☐☐ | ↻counterspell ↻feather fall ↻quick recognition ↻recognize spell | dreamstone ☐ | staff of the dreamlands☐☐☐☐☐☐ | Active Conditions: none

That is disgusting... Is Mun or someone else actively having this dream?

He winces in disgust, trying to avoid get the fluids in his eyes as he looks up at the abomination and tries to burn it. Just as quickly as he completes the spell he looks away.

◆◆ Cast (somatic, verbal) ignition
Spell attack, fire damage: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 286d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 1, 3, 4) = 17
On a critical success, the target takes double damage and 5d4 persistent fire damage.
◆ Cast (verbal) shield


CG M Gnome (sensate) Bard 11 | HP 129 | AC 28 | F +19 R +19 W +21 (Resolve) | Perc +20 (+2 vs Initiative), Imprecise Scent | Speed 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 3/3 5th 3/3 6th 2/2 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

"I don't think that's a dream, Jevar!" Boodiddly instinctively quips even as the tones of a familiar melody begin to arrange themselves in his head. "And while I'm usually not worried about the word, why does that mystery voice think we're 'clean'?"

Casting inspire defense [A] and Recall Knowledge twice [AA]. Occultism or Bardic Lore seem like the best bets here, and he'll use his "fake" assurance from Assured Knowledge for a result of 24/22 on at least the first check - if that's a critical failure, he'll switch to rolling for the second check. Questions are:
1. What is that thing, and how do we kill it faster? (resistances/immunities/weaknesses)
2. What does it do that we need to watch out for? (special abilities)


LG Male Medium Dwarf Fighter 11 (He/Him) | HP 164/164 (Resist: Slashing 4)| AC 33 (34 with shield) | F +21 [Battle Hardened] R +18 W[+19 vs. emotion] +20 | Perc +21 (+23 for init) | Speed 25ft | Spells 1st: Sure Strike, Sure Strike 2nd: Mirror Image 3rd: Time Jump Helm: 2/2| Class DC 30

"What the..."

Kolgradd is too dumbfounded to reply to Boodiddly, but he eventually snaps his attention back to his surroundings.

Is there a space in the rafters Kolgradd can see and could stand on? One where he could strike the monstrosity?

If so:
Kolgradd swishes his cloak about him and appears up in a puff of smoke up in the rafters.

◆◆ Interact to activate Cape of the Mountebank
◆ Draw weapon

If not:
"I've got to get up to it!"

He whips a scroll out of a tube on his belt and starts reading from it

◆ Draw Scroll of Fly
◆◆ Cast Fly on himself


Female Changeling Cleric 11 | HP 111/140 | AC 28 | F: +19, R: +20, W: +24 (Resolute) | Perc: +21, Stealth: +17 | Speed 30ft | Font: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Reactions: Blood Vendetta | Conditions: Vital Beacon (5d10)

Before

Shohreh barely stops her hand from reaching to the scar at the base of her neck, and feels a thrill of fear run through her, followed by something darker. She shakes the feeling away.

Upstairs

Shohreh's face twists into one of disgust, not all of which truly belongs to her. The Enemy.

With a wordless cry of condemnation, she raises her hand and blasts the monster with holy starlight.

Holy Light: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36
Fire: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 3, 6) = 22
Plus Spirit, if Unholy: 22 + 5d6 ⇒ 22 + (2, 4, 4, 2, 6) = 40

◆◆ Cast holy light
◆ Cast shield


| Strange Aeons | Hell's Rebels | ◆◇↻
Kolgradd Thunderiron wrote:
Is there a space in the rafters Kolgradd can see and could stand on? One where he could strike the monstrosity?

1) Cape of the mountebank is now called charletan’s cape. 2) I could possibly see an argument if you had better Acrobatics, but for the sake of a lack of a headache, I’m just gonna say you use the scroll.

Kolgradd takes out a scroll and uses it

Boodiddly begins singing.

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 16

Boodiddly:
First one crit-failed, so I’m not even gonna bother coming up with false information since you always get at least two for each other degree of success.

Bardic Lore: This…this is the child of an ancient entity of the forest and fertility: Shub-Niggurath. Its connection to its parent makes any and all plant life avoid it instinctually, for to harm a being of Shub-Niggurath in such a way is against the natural order. Immune to plant, fungus, and wood effects.

You believe that its sucking maws are very dangerous. It requires close range, but those maws could easily suck out a person’s blood rapidly! Sucking Maws requires an adjacent grabbed or restrained creature to attempt a Fort save to avoid being drained and enfeebled. On further failed saves, both conditions’ values increase.

Shohreh sends holy starlight at the beast, but is astonished to find that this abomination is not a supernaturally unholy being!

Jevar sends forth a blast of fire that gets completely deflected by one of the beast’s rubbery tentacles.

The beast utters out in a wholly incomprehensible language—Kolgradd vaguely recognizes some Aklo words, but largely cannot make out the meaning. Cast a Spell

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 20

↻ Jevar:
Rank 4 primal entangling flora You also critically succeeded, so you get a +1 circumstance bonus to saves against the spell.

Suddenly, the various vines grow rapidly and lash out at all within! The entire room is difficult terrain (I’ll rule that that also extends to in the air), plus some other stuff at the start of y’all’s turns.

The beast then reaches down with one of its long tentacles FYI, no, there isn’t a place in this room where it CAN’T reach you and lashes out at 1d4 ⇒ 1 Boodiddly!

Abomination vs Boodiddly w/inspire defense: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26
Damage: 3d8 + 14 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 14 = 22

By some miracle, though, the gnome avoids the attack.

At the start of each of y’all’s individual turns, you need to make a save against the plants.

Basic Reflex; inspire defense (assuming Boodiddly recasts it):
Boodiddly: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 1 = 25 Failure
Jevar; Critical Recognition: 1d20 + 19 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 19 + 1 + 1 = 39 Success
Kolgradd: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 17 + 1 = 35 Success
Shohreh: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 1 = 37 Success --> Critical Success (nat 20)

Boodiddly takes a -10-foot circumstance penalty to Speeds until the start of his next turn.

The Anomalous Friend
Round 1
==============
Kolgradd
Boodiddly {-10 feet to Speeds: Round 0 of 1}
Shohreh
Jevar

Abomination (-22) {off-guard & -2 to Reflex} [15’ above ground]
==============


Female Changeling Cleric 11 | HP 111/140 | AC 28 | F: +19, R: +20, W: +24 (Resolute) | Perc: +21, Stealth: +17 | Speed 30ft | Font: 5/5 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Reactions: Blood Vendetta | Conditions: Vital Beacon (5d10)

Shohreh quickly lays blessings upon Kolgradd before he leaves her reach, both meant to aid his assault against the monster.

◆◆ Cast unfettered movement (formerly freedom of movement) on Kolgradd
◆ Cast guidance on Kolgradd
↻ Cast blood vendetta


CG M Gnome (sensate) Bard 11 | HP 129 | AC 28 | F +19 R +19 W +21 (Resolve) | Perc +20 (+2 vs Initiative), Imprecise Scent | Speed 25 ft | Focus 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 4th 3/3 5th 3/3 6th 2/2 | Staff Charges: 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Oh good call Shohreh - don't let this thing grab you or it'll suck the life out of you!" Knowing that his companions are unlikely to use vegetation offensively, the bard doesn't bother mentioning his other hypothesis about the creature. "I think it's some kind of spawn, maybe of some strange forest fertility entity." He hums to himself and wraps soft sounds around him to discourage another unwanted touch.

Casting inspire defense [A] and sanctuary [AA].

4,001 to 4,050 of 4,144 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xavier Kahlvet's Strange Aeons 2e All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.