GM Sphen Rise of the Runelords: (Clever Subtitle)

Game Master Sphen86

Maps
LOOT SHEET


4,601 to 4,643 of 4,643 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>

Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor

Slight retcon

Tarphrex takes the holy symbol and holds it between his hands and closes his eyes for just a moment before tucking this new treasure in his new backpack with the shiny buckles.

Moving into position to cast his spell, his eyes widen at the changes to Elisani's appearance, but he says nothing. He jumps with a start and casts a spell on himself. (Mage Armor)

We don't need to remain in contact, but within 10' of the caster to remain invisible once the spell is cast.


Male N Human Oracle 6 | HP:68/68 | AC: 19(12 Tch, 17 Fl) 21(14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +7 F:+8,R:+6,W:+8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Touch of madness 8/8 |Spells: 1st 2/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: Protection from Evil, Life link

"I as well will give you what protection I can." Sherman joins the common casting, to protect them all from evil.

protection from evil (+2 deflection to AC, +2 resistance on saves) on everyone. Also life linking everyone


Female NG Human Skald (Urban Skald) 6 | HP:51/51 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: 7, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6;| Init: +2 | Perc: -1, Sense Motive: +13 (via Versatile Performance), Performance: +13 | Speed 30ft |

"I can give one of our main attackers a boost of morale to help attack, but unfortunately my usual forms of bolstering everyone are... the opposite of subtle. So that may need to wait until we're in the heat of battle."

I can hit someone with Heroism before we head off (Perhaps our Paladin friend?) but the banner needs to be visible for Flagbearer to work, and Rage Song is of course. sound.


NG F Half-Elf Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1 / Empiricist Investigator 5 | HP 47/47 | AC 19 (14 tch, 16 ff) | CMB +3, CMD +17 | F +6, R +11, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +15, SM +13 | Immune: magic sleep effects | Resistances: +2 racial vs. enchantment, +6 vs. illusions (+2 insight +4 sacred) | Panache 5/5 | Inspiration 6/6 | Effects: tears to wine, heightened awareness, heroism, elixir of tumbling, anticipate peril, reduce person, shield, bear's endurance, weapon of awe, +Dex mutagen
Ain the watcher wrote:
Ain looks, his expression turns grim as he mutters a prayer and draws his shield, i can give one persons weapon minor holy properties. Its best served on particular weapons that can target vital spots easier

Huh. That went better than Elisani thought it would. Her coworkers are accustomed to the effects of mutagens by now, but those unfamiliar with such alchemy tend to react poorly the first time they see her transformation. "The rapier is my weapon of choice, and it requires great precision to use effectively." She draws her rapier and extends it to Ain hilt first.


Male Azata blooded Aasimar Crossblooded Phoenix Solar Sorcerer 1 / Oracle 5| 39/39| AC: 21/ T: 14 / FF: 17 / Resist: A. C. Ele. : 5, Fire: 10, immune: Dazzled |Fort: +3, Ref: +6 Will: +6 | spells: lvl1 lvl2 lvl3 | CMD: 16| Init: +4 Perception: +14, Dark vision, Low light

Ain taps the Rapier, casting his spell weapon of Awe just before they head in, there's an inspiring tune that plays as it gets swung addition to a trail of colorful light behind its swings.

plus 2 sacred bonus to damage and if you crit the enemy is shaken with no saving throw, though it is mind effecting

Aim true, it will last 5 minutes at most, it will intimidate enemies and give a bit more holy strength to your hits


Farmageddon

Alright, I think everyone is good on buffs. So let me make sure that I have the plan correct.

Everyone: Potion of Levitate and gather around Tarphrex
Tarphrex: Invisibility Sphere
Everyone: Ascend while staying in a group. Presumably moving together each action.

Once at the top: See the situation and (presumably) attack the creature while hidden.

If all that is correct, I'll get us into combat tomorrow. Otherwise post here for any corrections.


Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor

Once at the top, Tarphrex will haste his allies. (I’ve lost track, how many of us are there? I can buff five characters.


Female NG Human Skald (Urban Skald) 6 | HP:51/51 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: 7, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6;| Init: +2 | Perc: -1, Sense Motive: +13 (via Versatile Performance), Performance: +13 | Speed 30ft |

Yep, that plan sounds good to me


Male N Human Oracle 6 | HP:68/68 | AC: 19(12 Tch, 17 Fl) 21(14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +7 F:+8,R:+6,W:+8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Touch of madness 8/8 |Spells: 1st 2/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: Protection from Evil, Life link
Tarphrex the Magnificent wrote:
Once at the top, Tarphrex will haste his allies. (I’ve lost track, how many of us are there? I can buff five characters.

Why only five? Shouldn't that be six, as you're lvl 6? But if anyone needs to be left out, Sherman won't benefit as much as those who would actually be attacking


Farmageddon

As the group vanishes, they ascend the tower, hands guiding their way up the uneven sides of the clock tower. As they near the edge, Tarphrex casts the spell haste.

Stealth Checks
Ain: 1d20 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 20 = 37
Elisani: 1d20 + 12 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 20 = 35
Estella: 1d20 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 20 = 36
Sister Dunmorrow: 1d20 - 5 + 20 ⇒ (13) - 5 + 20 = 28
Sherman: 1d20 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 20 = 36
Tarphrex: 1d20 + 10 + 20 - 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 20 - 10 = 39
Enemy Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

A description of the rooftop again...
The smoky, filthy rooftops of Underbridge sprawl below this dizzying perch. The conical roof supports an onyx statue of an angel. Towering like a god, her weathered features are caked with grime, making her seem almost demonic in countenance. At the far end of the hollow space under the roof, in the angel's shadow, is a nest of cushions, silk sheets, and a line of several small chests.
You can see the creature lounging against a wall on the east side, reading a book. Her spear is proped within arms reach, and her mask is on, but she otherwise seems at ease. The flying fiend from your last visit is nowhere to be seen.

(I'm not going to treat this like a normal surprise round. You can all act and move normally, without the normal surprise round restrictions. Basically, she would have gotten the first turn, and does nothing because she doesn't know you're there....)

INITIATIVE!
Ain Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Elisani Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Estella Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Sister Dunmorrow Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Sherman Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Tarphrex Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Sherman, Elisani, and Estella should go in the first group.
Then Ain, Sister Dunmorrow, and Tarphrex.


Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor
Sherman Blake wrote:
Tarphrex the Magnificent wrote:
Once at the top, Tarphrex will haste his allies. (I’ve lost track, how many of us are there? I can buff five characters.
Why only five? Shouldn't that be six, as you're lvl 6? But if anyone needs to be left out, Sherman won't benefit as much as those who would actually be attacking

Ahem. Six, I can buff all six of us.


NG F Half-Elf Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1 / Empiricist Investigator 5 | HP 47/47 | AC 19 (14 tch, 16 ff) | CMB +3, CMD +17 | F +6, R +11, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +15, SM +13 | Immune: magic sleep effects | Resistances: +2 racial vs. enchantment, +6 vs. illusions (+2 insight +4 sacred) | Panache 5/5 | Inspiration 6/6 | Effects: tears to wine, heightened awareness, heroism, elixir of tumbling, anticipate peril, reduce person, shield, bear's endurance, weapon of awe, +Dex mutagen

Elisani rises up a bit more and leans over to whisper to Estella. "Do you think you can get in there fast enough to grab the spear and throw it off the tower?" At her current size, the detective isn't sure if she'll be able to throw such a large weapon far and fast enough. Estella is both muscular and lightly armored; she should be able to move quickly and throw the spear with ease.

Holding off on my actual action until Estella answers.


Farmageddon
Elisani Dascalu wrote:

Elisani rises up a bit more and leans over to whisper to Estella. "Do you think you can get in there fast enough to grab the spear and throw it off the tower?" At her current size, the detective isn't sure if she'll be able to throw such a large weapon far and fast enough. Estella is both muscular and lightly armored; she should be able to move quickly and throw the spear with ease.

Holding off on my actual action until Estella answers.

Keep in mind that it would be a move action to get to the spear, and you would be out of invisibility at that point, and a move action to pick it up. And then an action to throw it. But even if you don't throw it, just the creature not having it would probably be of benefit.


Female NG Human Skald (Urban Skald) 6 | HP:51/51 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: 7, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6;| Init: +2 | Perc: -1, Sense Motive: +13 (via Versatile Performance), Performance: +13 | Speed 30ft |

Estella's eyes narrow as she considers her options. "I can probably rush in and grab it before she can respond, but tossing it out will be a bit harder. Still, it's a good plan. If you all can back me up right after I grab it, I'll do it."

Wanna give everyone an opportunity to agree or disagree, but if everyone's in agreement, I'll use my turn to move in and grab the spear. GM, to what tile should I move to be able to do this?


Male N Human Oracle 6 | HP:68/68 | AC: 19(12 Tch, 17 Fl) 21(14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +7 F:+8,R:+6,W:+8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Touch of madness 8/8 |Spells: 1st 2/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: Protection from Evil, Life link

"There is some distance to cover... Depends how fast she is." Sherman whispers. He tries to estimate how long it would take to reach the spear, but it's a bit hard while levitating.

"Do you have any means of magic to toss the weapon away?" And hidden in this question is the fact that he doesn't.

So, despite surprise round, we have both move and standard action? If so, Estella could take the spear, but then she'd be right next to the monster.


Female NG Human Skald (Urban Skald) 6 | HP:51/51 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: 7, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6;| Init: +2 | Perc: -1, Sense Motive: +13 (via Versatile Performance), Performance: +13 | Speed 30ft |

Listening to Sherman's question, she thinks over what spells could be of use here. "Best I've got is Mage Hand, and that probably won't lift something of that size... But what I could do is cast Invisibility on myself so I can stay unseen a little longer.

Estella could cast Invisible on herself and move into place, then toss the spear away next turn.


Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor
Estella Vale wrote:

Listening to Sherman's question, she thinks over what spells could be of use here. "Best I've got is Mage Hand, and that probably won't lift something of that size... But what I could do is cast Invisibility on myself so I can stay unseen a little longer.

Estella could cast Invisible on herself and move into place, then toss the spear away next turn.

She is hasted, also. Unsure how that interacts with the surprise round.


Female NG Human Skald (Urban Skald) 6 | HP:51/51 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: 7, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6;| Init: +2 | Perc: -1, Sense Motive: +13 (via Versatile Performance), Performance: +13 | Speed 30ft |

Haste doesn't award additional actions in PF1, right? Would've been perfect for this otherwise. Of course, it'll get its mileage either way once we start stabbin'


NG F Half-Elf Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1 / Empiricist Investigator 5 | HP 47/47 | AC 19 (14 tch, 16 ff) | CMB +3, CMD +17 | F +6, R +11, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +15, SM +13 | Immune: magic sleep effects | Resistances: +2 racial vs. enchantment, +6 vs. illusions (+2 insight +4 sacred) | Panache 5/5 | Inspiration 6/6 | Effects: tears to wine, heightened awareness, heroism, elixir of tumbling, anticipate peril, reduce person, shield, bear's endurance, weapon of awe, +Dex mutagen
Estella Vale wrote:

Listening to Sherman's question, she thinks over what spells could be of use here. "Best I've got is Mage Hand, and that probably won't lift something of that size... But what I could do is cast Invisibility on myself so I can stay unseen a little longer.

Estella could cast Invisible on herself and move into place, then toss the spear away next turn.

Elisani nods. "There is a risk that the enemy might hear you, but we are invisible right now, so she may dismiss the sound as the wind. The decision is yours."


Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor
Estella Vale wrote:
Haste doesn't award additional actions in PF1, right? Would've been perfect for this otherwise. Of course, it'll get its mileage either way once we start stabbin'

Correct, but her speed is doubled up to a +30’ increase and I thought that might save her an action.


Male N Human Oracle 6 | HP:68/68 | AC: 19(12 Tch, 17 Fl) 21(14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +7 F:+8,R:+6,W:+8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Touch of madness 8/8 |Spells: 1st 2/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: Protection from Evil, Life link

Sherman has many bad memories about the snake-woman, but he also remembers the enemy was a spellcaster. So preventing her spells would give them upper hand for a while, and thus he calls for his divine gifts and conjures a field of silence on the rooftop.

Targeting area, not the creature like last time. Drew the are on the map. And I don't think that breaks the invisibility, right?

BTW, did Elisani identify the creature, and perhaps learn something useful?


NG F Half-Elf Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1 / Empiricist Investigator 5 | HP 47/47 | AC 19 (14 tch, 16 ff) | CMB +3, CMD +17 | F +6, R +11, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +15, SM +13 | Immune: magic sleep effects | Resistances: +2 racial vs. enchantment, +6 vs. illusions (+2 insight +4 sacred) | Panache 5/5 | Inspiration 6/6 | Effects: tears to wine, heightened awareness, heroism, elixir of tumbling, anticipate peril, reduce person, shield, bear's endurance, weapon of awe, +Dex mutagen

...I thought I had made a Knowledge check, but apparently not! I fail as an investigator. T_T

Elisani stares at the snake-woman, racking her memory for anything that might tell her what manner of being this is.

Okay, so a half-humanoid half-snake sounds like a Monstrous Humanoid to me, which is a Knowledge (nature) check.

Knowledge (nature) + tears to wine + heightened awareness + Inspiration + FCB: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 2 + (5) + 1 = 25


Farmageddon
Elisani Dascalu wrote:
Knowledge (nature) = 25

You just get it.

This is a:
Lamia Matriarch.
The queens of a race consumed by bitterness and predatory instinct, lamia matriarchs mastermind all manner of foul plots in hopes of breaking the bestial curse that afflicts their race. They move with shocking ease from silken-tongued temptresses to dervishes, striking with all the deadly precision of vipers. Quick to covet, enslave, and overindulge, lamia matriarchs luxuriate in gory feasts, violent trysts, and bloody entertainments, reveling until their playthings are broken or until they tire and move on.

You have one question.


NG F Half-Elf Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1 / Empiricist Investigator 5 | HP 47/47 | AC 19 (14 tch, 16 ff) | CMB +3, CMD +17 | F +6, R +11, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +15, SM +13 | Immune: magic sleep effects | Resistances: +2 racial vs. enchantment, +6 vs. illusions (+2 insight +4 sacred) | Panache 5/5 | Inspiration 6/6 | Effects: tears to wine, heightened awareness, heroism, elixir of tumbling, anticipate peril, reduce person, shield, bear's endurance, weapon of awe, +Dex mutagen

The question: Do lamia matriarchs have the Scent ability?


Farmageddon
Elisani Dascalu wrote:
The question: Do lamia matriarchs have the Scent ability?

Senses? Darkvision, low-light vision, not particularly perceptive.

No other senses to note.


NG F Half-Elf Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1 / Empiricist Investigator 5 | HP 47/47 | AC 19 (14 tch, 16 ff) | CMB +3, CMD +17 | F +6, R +11, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +15, SM +13 | Immune: magic sleep effects | Resistances: +2 racial vs. enchantment, +6 vs. illusions (+2 insight +4 sacred) | Panache 5/5 | Inspiration 6/6 | Effects: tears to wine, heightened awareness, heroism, elixir of tumbling, anticipate peril, reduce person, shield, bear's endurance, weapon of awe, +Dex mutagen

A lamia matriarch! No wonder Zenaida and her friends had such trouble. Elisani whispers her observations to the rest of the group. "She can see in the dark and in low light, but she lacks the scent and vibration senses of a snake. If you wish to approach invisibly, Estella, you need only worry about sight and sound."

Go ahead and read the spoiler, folks, Elisani told you everything there.


Female NG Human Skald (Urban Skald) 6 | HP:51/51 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: 7, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6;| Init: +2 | Perc: -1, Sense Motive: +13 (via Versatile Performance), Performance: +13 | Speed 30ft |

Alright, if nobody objects, I'll go with the invisibility plan.

I like those odds. "I'm moving in." Estella whispers, and she casts an additional Invisibility spell on herself to remain invisible outside the bubble.

Then, slowly, carefully, she starts moving towards the spear.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 20 = 33


Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor

No objection here. Did the silence spell go off?


Farmageddon
Tarphrex the Magnificent wrote:
No objection here. Did the silence spell go off?

It did indeed. It is marked on the map. So the creature will obviously know something is happening, though likely nothing more than that.

@Estella: Don't forget to move yourself on the map.

Still need Elisani's turn, then we move to the next trio.

Sherman, Elisani, and Estella
Ain, Sister Dunmorrow, and Tarphrex


NG F Half-Elf Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1 / Empiricist Investigator 5 | HP 47/47 | AC 19 (14 tch, 16 ff) | CMB +3, CMD +17 | F +6, R +11, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +15, SM +13 | Immune: magic sleep effects | Resistances: +2 racial vs. enchantment, +6 vs. illusions (+2 insight +4 sacred) | Panache 5/5 | Inspiration 6/6 | Effects: tears to wine, heightened awareness, heroism, elixir of tumbling, anticipate peril, reduce person, shield, bear's endurance, weapon of awe, +Dex mutagen

Delaying my action until after Estella grabs the spear.

Elisani waits silently as Estella fades from view, studying the enemy. She'll need a distraction to keep the lamia from playing tug-of-war with the spear, and that's where Elisani comes in. The moment the spear vanishes into Estella's invisible grasp, Elisani leaps down from the wall encircling the tower and charges!

Activate Studied Combat with Quick Study as a swift action, move and attack. See this post for her current stats.

Attack with heroism + reduce person + Studied Combat: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 36

Damage (Small) with weapon of awe + Studied Combat: 1d4 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 14

Possible crit?: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 37

It's a crit!: 1d4 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 13

Weapon of awe activates on crit, lamia is shaken for 1 round with no save.


Farmageddon

The group of you hovers quietly, whisphering out a plan as the lamia matriarch lounges on her cushions and reads. Suddenly, her head jerks up as all the sound around her ceases. She turns her gaze from side to side, looking for the threat. Her hand reaches for her weapon, only to find it gone, her fingers grasping at air. (@Estella: As you pick up the spear, it subtly shifts to fit your grip.) Her surprise is only heightened when Elisani appears from the invisibility field, her rapier already thrusting. The tip gouges into the creature's side, low down near the hip bones. As Elisani pulls the blade back, blood gushes out and the lamia's head rears back in a scream of pain no one can hear.

____________

Sherman, Elisani, and Estella
Ain, Sister Dunmorrow, and Tarphrex
Lamia Matriarch

The first group has started the fight off great.
Now for the second half of the crew. I'm just going to have Sister Dunmorrow go full SMITE on her.


Farmageddon

---Sister Dunmorrow---
Swift Action: Smite Evil on Xanesha
Move action: move forward 20 ft and pulls sword as she goes (would go further but that's her speed). Will likely move for flanking later.
Standard action: Attack
Longsword Swing & Smite Evil & Power Attack & Vital Strike: 1d20 + 13 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 3 - 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 7 + 6 + 1d8 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 7 + 6 + (6) = 31
She cuts into the creature, her righteous anger fueling her swing as she takes a chunk out of its serpentine tail.


Farmageddon

Off to a great start. Over 50 damage across two attacks, she's extremely limited in her spell selection, and no longer has access to her weapon.

Let's see what Ain and Tarphrex can do this round, then she'll get a turn to respond....


Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor

Right now, three of us are still relying on my invisibility sphere, I believe. Is that correct? Tarphrex is waiting for Ain - anything I do offensively will remove the invisibility, so I don’t want to throw that away willy-nilly.


Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor

Changed my mind. Don't forget, everyone, that you have a +1 to hit and +1 to AC from haste

Tarphrex casts a spell. Those still affected by the invisibility sphere see a tiny ethereal clawed hand appear next to him, floating over his shoulder.

Casting spectral hand, so the invisibility sphere remains active for now


Male Azata blooded Aasimar Crossblooded Phoenix Solar Sorcerer 1 / Oracle 5| 39/39| AC: 21/ T: 14 / FF: 17 / Resist: A. C. Ele. : 5, Fire: 10, immune: Dazzled |Fort: +3, Ref: +6 Will: +6 | spells: lvl1 lvl2 lvl3 | CMD: 16| Init: +4 Perception: +14, Dark vision, Low light

Ain will cast Burst of Radiance behind The creature so it only catches her. Behind in the corner is a bright burst of starlight radianting holy energy for a brief moment

Spell resistance check: magical knack +1, crusading magic +2, dweomer essence consumable +5: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

If that goes through she gets a reflex save or shes blinded. If she succeeds shes just dazzled

Blinded or dazzled rounds dc 18: 1d4 ⇒ 1

In addition if shes evil aligned she takes this much damage no save

damage: 5d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 4, 2) = 12


Farmageddon

@Ain: That does not beat her SR.

_____________

---Xanesha---
Her surprise and pain evident, the lamia matriarch slithers up (5 ft step to stand) and lashes out with her bare hands at Sister Dunmorrow...
Touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
...the creature reaches out, raking her fingers across Sister Dunmorrow's armor. But the holy knight shakes her head and resists whatever the affect was. Snake lady Xanesha instead turns her gaze to Elisani.

__________

Sherman, Elisani, and Estella
Ain, Sister Dunmorrow, and Tarphrex
Lamia Matriarch

(Not much of a round for the creature. You've all concoted a wonderful strategy for dealing with her tricks. This'll be my last post until the 17th as vacation starts tomorrow (4 am wake-up) and I'm leaving my lap-top behind so as not to be distracted. That said, Sherman, Elisani, and Estella should feel free to take some actions that I can arbitrate upon my return. See you all soon.)


Female NG Human Skald (Urban Skald) 6 | HP:51/51 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: 7, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6;| Init: +2 | Perc: -1, Sense Motive: +13 (via Versatile Performance), Performance: +13 | Speed 30ft |

Not missing a beat, Estella tosses the spear away from the lamia, and over the edge of the tower. That thing won't be a problem anymore. She then turns back to face the lamia, poised to strike.


Kobold LN SOR 6, Small humanoid (reptilian) | 32/32 hp | AC 18 (T 14, FF 16) | CMB +1 | CMD 14 | F4/R5/W7, +4 vs sleep or paralysis | Init +2 | Perc +5 | Defenses Trap Sense +1, Resist Acid 5 | Breath 1/1 | Trap Rune 7/7 | Spells 1st 7/8, 2nd 5/6, 3rd 2/3 | 3/3 Lesser Piercing | Conditions: Invisibility, Levitation, Mage Armor

A magically-resizing spear… sigh

;-)

It’s the right thing to do.


Male N Human Oracle 6 | HP:68/68 | AC: 19(12 Tch, 17 Fl) 21(14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +7 F:+8,R:+6,W:+8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Darkvision 60ft | Speed 30ft | Touch of madness 8/8 |Spells: 1st 2/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: Protection from Evil, Life link

Remembering very well his magic has little effect on the creature he now knows to be a lamia matriarch, Sherman decides to focus on supporting his allies.

He utters a short prayers to Desna, and blesses all his friends.

Bless: +1 morale bonus to attack and saves against fear


Female NG Human Skald (Urban Skald) 6 | HP:51/51 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: 7, CMD: 20 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6;| Init: +2 | Perc: -1, Sense Motive: +13 (via Versatile Performance), Performance: +13 | Speed 30ft |
Tarphrex the Magnificent wrote:

A magically-resizing spear… sigh

;-)

It’s the right thing to do.

Don't get me wrong, as soon as this is over, Estella will be at the bottom looking for it! ;D But I just really really didn't want to give her a chance to reclaim it


NG F Half-Elf Inspired Blade Swashbuckler 1 / Empiricist Investigator 5 | HP 47/47 | AC 19 (14 tch, 16 ff) | CMB +3, CMD +17 | F +6, R +11, W +8 | Init +5 | Perc +15, SM +13 | Immune: magic sleep effects | Resistances: +2 racial vs. enchantment, +6 vs. illusions (+2 insight +4 sacred) | Panache 5/5 | Inspiration 6/6 | Effects: tears to wine, heightened awareness, heroism, elixir of tumbling, anticipate peril, reduce person, shield, bear's endurance, weapon of awe, +Dex mutagen

Elisani lunges forward once more, rapier aimed at where the lamia’s kidney should be. And again; with Tarphrex’s spell, the lamia seems to be moving in slow motion.

Attack 1 + heroism + reduce person + haste + Studied Combat: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 37

Attack 2 + heroism + reduce person + haste + Studied Combat: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 31

Damage 1 + weapon of awe + Studied Combat: 1d4 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 14

Damage 2 + weapon of awe + Studied Combat: 1d4 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 15

Another crit?: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 19


Farmageddon

The spear appears as it sails through the air, the lamia's face swerving towards it, her expression unreadable behind the mask but still it must be one of frustration.

As Desna's blessing floods the rooftop, filling everyone with resolve, Elisani drives her rapier home, leaving more bloody wounds across skin and scale.

______

The other half of the part is up...
Sherman, Elisani, and Estella
Ain, Sister Dunmorrow, and Tarphrex
Lamia Matriarch

__________

---Sister Dunmorrow---
Gripping her sword tighter, she swings all out....
Power Attack & Smite Evil 1: 1d20 + 13 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 31
Damage 1: 1d8 + 5 + 6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 + 7 = 23
Power Attack & Smite Evil 2: 1d20 + 8 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 3 + 1 - 2 = 26
Damage 2: 1d8 + 5 + 6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 6 + 7 = 20
...and Sister Dunmorrow CUTS into the creature as it screams out in pain. Any residents of Underbridge within a few blocks will be blocking their doors and windows tonight.

4,601 to 4,643 of 4,643 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sphen Rise of the Runelords: (Clever Subtitle) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.