GM Sphen Rise of the Runelords: (Clever Subtitle)

Game Master Sphen86

Maps


1 to 50 of 1,133 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Shield Bash Podcast

No posting here yet. Need to get the characters squared away first. So go back to the discussion thread and chat. Now. Go away.
.
.
.
.
.
Why are you still here?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's over.
.
.
.
.
Go away.


Shield Bash Podcast

Sandpoint (The Jewel of the Lost Coast), is a small city or a bigger town depending on who you ask. Certainly it has more cultural centers and a much more diverse selection of shops than most towns of its size. And to add to that, the newly re-built and greatly improved cathedral that will this very day be dedicated to Desna. The previous church was much smaller, and largely made of wood. This one is made of stone, with stain glass windows, hanging chandeliers, and a polished marble altar. It stands complete with shrines to multiple good deities inside, and Father Zantus (though a priest of Desna himself) is willing to offer counsel to the faithful of any deity that seeks his wisdom.

It took nearly 5 years for the church to be rebuilt, and the people are happy to put the few months that included and followed that event behind them. The burning of the chapel, the death of a respected local aristocrat, a series of brutal homicides. All evidence of the "Late Unpleasantness" (as the locals call it) is gone. Anyone visiting the town today (Mizzug) would never know it even happened. For today is the main holy day of Desna. The Swallowtail Festival. At noon, hundreds of swallowtail butterflies will be released over the crowd. Their scintillating wings reflecting the sunlight like flying prisms will also signify the consecration of the new cathedral the town has dedicated so much to.

But until then, FESTIVAL! The whole town has turned out onto in their Sunday best for this day. Food vendors have set up stalls and are giving away breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A beer/ale keg was rolled out onto the edge of the town square, and was tapped for free drinks. And games! Numerous games and contests
take place during the day, including sack races , games of hide-and- seek, weight-lifting challenges, balance beam contests, tug-of-war events, and the like. There will be singing contests, music contests, art contests, dancing contests. Everyone is in such a good mood, that they don't even seem to mind that there will be speeches to interrupt their fun before the butterflies are released.

What is everyone doing?


Female-designation Warforged Cavalier (Disciple of the Pike) 1/Warpriest 1 HP 22/22; DR 2/adamantine; AC 19/T 10/FF 19; Fort +7, Ref +0, Will +3; Init +0; Per +6; SM +5; Spd 20 ft. CMB +4 CMD 14

Aventail is overjoyed, buoyed by the enthusiasm of the biologicals. Too shy to enter any of the contests, the warforged makes do with watching performances, olfactorily sampling the food and drink and generally getting into the feel of “festival”.

Still, her responsibility to the town keeps her seriously armed, and though deprived of actual militia-hood Aventail still keeps watch for ne’erdowells, thieves and other miscreants.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 [Let me know if you would rather do passive Perception or roll for us or...something else...]


Male NG Halfling Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2; +2 vs fear effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Active conditions: Panicked | Ammo: 12 arrows

Loth, with some serious effort, is trying not to overindulge on the free food and drinks. He mostly stands by the sidelines, not exactly interested in playing most games, but he's open to see where the festival takes him. Day's still young, after all!


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

Raz was up early this morning to make his way out, and staked himself out a spot along Church Street to hang his paintings, this would be his chance to see if he can sell his wares. Charcoal drawings of Sandpoint and the Varisian bay.

He sits on the ground in the Shoanti way, quietly hoping his drawings speak for them selves.

He will also be sketching the crowds.

Raz would have only brought the things he felt he needed, that likely means that he is not carrying his shield.


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

Bumbo looks at Loth with confusion and dismay. Awww, c'mon...we need to see some of the art that OUR fine people can offer. Live a little, my friend! So serious...

Hoping that the halfling would follow, he heads into the throng, seeking out the most interesting works of art of any kind. He enjoys the time without his eidolon's insistent whining...this "city life" is good for him.

Seeing a Shoanti man not only showing his wares but making new ones alongside them, he hustles over as quickly as his short legs will carry him. Without thinking it may be an affront, he gets behind the seated dwarf to look over his shoulder. He lets out a whistle.

My, my...you've a skill there sir! To be able to portray everything so clearly and from a new perspective, quite good work!


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

Raz looks over at the gnome, he holds up the rough charcoal stick "The ash is the important part, I mean, thank you.". he sets down the crudely fashioned pen, stands and extends his hand. "It is good to meet you sir, I am Razkiv, of the, of Sandpoint I guess. He looks over to the halfling, "Loth, right? You stay at the Stag, Yes?


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

Bumbo cheerily nods, and looks at the charcoal stick with a bit of wonder. He happily shakes. You too! I'm Bumbo'kla S'agonnagin...but any who call me call me Bumbo. Me too, though I'm a bit new to town. I play flute over at the theater, but don't get out as much as I should, I suppose.

He starts looking at the drawings as Razkiv addresses Loth. Say...these for sale?

Dark Archive

Dwarf Cleric 2 | HP 16/19 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F 6(+2 vs poison) R 1 W 7(+4 vs spells) | CMB +2 CMD 12 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Dark 60) S.Mot +7| Channel 0/4 | Acid Dart 5/6 (1d6+1)| Effects:
Spells:
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Empty | 1 - Bless, Obscuring Mist, Empty, Shield I

Extremely excited to get to experience a human festival first hand, Dol is walking through the crowds from place to place, absorbing the feeling of the event and watching. He is wearing his smithing apron and warhammer, as usual, but has left the armor back at his room.

Hmmm... I never actually said where Dol was staying. Let's say The Rusty Dragon

Everywhere he goes he stops to chat with people for a few moments, asking after their welfare and learning their names and professions. He ends each conversation with a blessing of the Forge Father.

Eventually, he runs into Aventail, and happily heads over to her. "Aventail! Greetings! How does the day find you?"

Pausing beside her, he looks over the crowds. "Exhilarating, isn't it? You can feel the good will of the community washing over you. Everybody has a smile and a good word for their neighbor.

It is honestly not that different from a dwarven festival. Quite a bit less ale and singing, naturally, and the contests seem a bit more tame, but the feel of community, that is the same."


Male NG Halfling Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2; +2 vs fear effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Active conditions: Panicked | Ammo: 12 arrows

Listening to Bumbo, Loth can't help but let out a little smirk. "Maybe you're right. But give me a few more hours to get in the mood." He happily follows the gnome, and though not as strongly as his companion, he appreciates the art on display.

"Ah, yes. Razkiv, isn't it? I must admit, I wouldn't have guessed you're an artist, but this is especially fine work. How much are they?"


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

"Selling was my intention, as to what to charge I sort of leave that to the buyer, the ash was free, the parchemnt cost 2 silver, so at least that much.

"The drawing is new, I am looking for a way to make a living. The medium, the ash speaks to me. Hot sure there is much of a market, but I am hoping it will help me get started when I open a shop" He unconsciously fingers the stylized flame tattoo that runs up his left wrist to a very real burn scar.


Female-designation Warforged Cavalier (Disciple of the Pike) 1/Warpriest 1 HP 22/22; DR 2/adamantine; AC 19/T 10/FF 19; Fort +7, Ref +0, Will +3; Init +0; Per +6; SM +5; Spd 20 ft. CMB +4 CMD 14

More singing and drinking than this?!? the warforged muses, somewhat taken aback.

Aventail grins as best she can, the articulations around her mouth not exactly well suited to smiling. Mostly it involves the lips receding and the teeth jutting, making it appear the warforged were about to eat someone.

"Yes, the mood is infectious Dollstorm! I do feel the community rises and creates something altogether new from what was a different yesterday. " she finishes, Dol from his time with the warforged realising she will likely not suggest they do anything, almost as if awaiting new stimuli before responding.

Dark Archive

Dwarf Cleric 2 | HP 16/19 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F 6(+2 vs poison) R 1 W 7(+4 vs spells) | CMB +2 CMD 12 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Dark 60) S.Mot +7| Channel 0/4 | Acid Dart 5/6 (1d6+1)| Effects:
Spells:
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Empty | 1 - Bless, Obscuring Mist, Empty, Shield I

Dol smiles at the Warforged, feeling exuberant. "Drink it all in, Aventail. These the the events that take individual people, all with their own agendas, and forge them into something much greater.

The process is fascinating to watch, like the blending of an alloy. These people are like iron, strong but brittle at the same time. The events are like carbon, ephemeral, messy, and of little value by themselves.

Bring them together in vast numbers, with a cause, and they press together and mix. The drinking, the song, the artistry, these things are the heat applied to the mixing that blends the base materials into something so much more: Steel, an element that can be forged into the mightiest of weapons and armor... and people apparently."

Dol chuckles as he elbows Aventail, including her in the joke. "This is how Torag worked us at the dawn of creation after the sparks cooled, he taught us brewing, singing, cooking, and gamesmanship. He heated us, mixed us and made us into something more so that when the hammer fell we would not be broken or beaten, but instead forged into a masterpiece that would last for all eternity."

Dol laughs loudly and slaps Aventail on her shoulder. "Ah! I didn't mean to start a sermon and now my throat is dry. Let's go find a pint or two and then join in a game. We need to mix with these others to become part of the whole."

Sweeping his arm out toward the beer garden, Dol waits for Aventail to start before falling in next to her.


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

"The day may be young, but I have worked up a bit of thirst. Would you two like to join me in a pint?" without waiting for the answer the dwarf begins to pack his drawings.


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

Bumbo is torn; seeing the art packed away...but the offer of a pint. In the end, he hoped the art would not feel slighted and pass him over when talents were being given. For it was time...for a pint.

Sure!

Bumbo waits patiently, not wanting to jump in and help for fear his fingers would damage the seemingly delicate drawings. He then follows Razkiv, nudging Loth upon the way. Maybe if he has enough we can convince him to make a portrait of Toot. Though...I'm not sure if he'd sit still long enough...


Female-designation Warforged Cavalier (Disciple of the Pike) 1/Warpriest 1 HP 22/22; DR 2/adamantine; AC 19/T 10/FF 19; Fort +7, Ref +0, Will +3; Init +0; Per +6; SM +5; Spd 20 ft. CMB +4 CMD 14

”Steel.” Aventail murmurs. ”Yes, let us inject ourselves into the mold.” she offers, attempting to prolong the analogy. As she walks she thinks further.

I guess that is why folks “steel” themselves when about to commence a difficult undertaking.

Just a hint of mirthful side-eye and a lip-retracting rictus let Dol know Aventail is attempting some humor.

”Show me a game you think I’d be fair at. We could wager, too.


Male NG Halfling Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2; +2 vs fear effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Active conditions: Panicked | Ammo: 12 arrows

Loth makes a mental note of Razkiv's work and aspirations, something left over from his merchant-apprentice days. Might come in useful later.
"I'd love to buy one of these for my family later."
In response to Bumbo, Loth thinks a little bit and responds,
"Hmm... Perhaps if we can get Toot to pose on top of a dragon he killed, or something? ... Toot, slayer of dragons..."

Dark Archive

Dwarf Cleric 2 | HP 16/19 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F 6(+2 vs poison) R 1 W 7(+4 vs spells) | CMB +2 CMD 12 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Dark 60) S.Mot +7| Channel 0/4 | Acid Dart 5/6 (1d6+1)| Effects:
Spells:
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Empty | 1 - Bless, Obscuring Mist, Empty, Shield I

Dol chuckles at Aventail's quips, and smiles warmly, seeing the response as evidence of a deeper humanity under the hard exterior.

Aventail wrote:
”Show me a game you think I’d be fair at. We could wager, too.

"Ah! That's the spirit! Show the people that you enjoy the same things they do and they will more readily accept you as one of their own.

First, though, a drink and a maybe a song or two. Then we can go and lose a few coins."

As he approaches the beer garden, Dol sees Razkiv approaching from the other direction and calls out. "Razkiv, my friend! It appears we had the same idea to get into the festival mood. Who are your new friends?"


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

"Good to see you friend, This is Loth and Bumpo, new friends, this is Dol who I traveled from Wartil and Aventail who we met in Magnilar. Let's have a few pints.


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

Bumbo lets out a little squeak at the introduction, seemingly excited to be called a new friend. He takes to these dwarves quickly, seeing them as kindred spirits - after all they just seem to want to create art, sing, and drink! He shakes Dol's hand excitedly. Hello, Dol! I'm Bumbo, out of Sanos Forest...if a bit of a meandering route. I play the flute over at the theater, but haven't been here very long. This festival is a great way to get everyone out and together, it seems!

Bumbo searches about for the booth most likely to have a beer dark enough to satisfy his new dwarven friends...couldn't have them drinking any of that light, honeyed stuff.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

Dwarf Cleric 2 | HP 16/19 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F 6(+2 vs poison) R 1 W 7(+4 vs spells) | CMB +2 CMD 12 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Dark 60) S.Mot +7| Channel 0/4 | Acid Dart 5/6 (1d6+1)| Effects:
Spells:
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Empty | 1 - Bless, Obscuring Mist, Empty, Shield I

Dol greets the gnome with a warm smile and clasps his hand firmly. "The spark of creation glows brightly in you, Bumbo."

Turning to the halfling, he smiles again and offers his hand. "That would make you Loth, I take it. Any friend of Razkiv is a friend of mine. Dol Stormmaul, at your service. Come! The first round is on me."

Allowing Razkiv to select whatever passes for a good beer in these human, Dol orders for the group, then turns to Bumbo once again. "So, you are a musician then? I was just telling Aventail here about the power of a good drinking song. Can you teach us what stories of battle and glory these human sing to add flavor to their beer?"


Female-designation Warforged Cavalier (Disciple of the Pike) 1/Warpriest 1 HP 22/22; DR 2/adamantine; AC 19/T 10/FF 19; Fort +7, Ref +0, Will +3; Init +0; Per +6; SM +5; Spd 20 ft. CMB +4 CMD 14

A genteel "At your service" and Aventail bows serenely to Loth and Bumbo, and seems to float down the street surrounded by a gaggle of small beings, happy to be carried with the flow.


Shield Bash Podcast

I must say that I was surprised (in a good way) to check in on this and see 18 new posts. 18! Not to jinx it, but a great start. And I love the interactions. The mental image of Aventail towering over all the shorter comrades, and Toot following along in the crowd of merry-makers. And Dol offering to buy the first round of free beer.

You've all no doubt noticed that RePete hasn't posted yet. Don't concern yourselves with it, I'll be handling that.

Bumbo: You initially steer the group towards a stand giving out fruit juice to kids (bad luck on that roll) before the dwarves keen senses for brewing correct the path.


Male NG Halfling Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2; +2 vs fear effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Active conditions: Panicked | Ammo: 12 arrows

Loth shakes the dwarf's hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Dol. Loth... Dalveran." He says with a slight pause, still on his guard whenever he lets his last name slip. At the invitation for the first round, Loth smirks. "I was thinking of waiting a while longer, but I can harsly turn down an offer like that!"

As they walk, Loth turns to Aventail. He'd seen her around and is genuinely interested in her, but hasn't had the chance to speak to her yet. "I'm sorry... Aventail, was it? You'll have to excuse me, but I've never seen anyone like you before. What brought you to Sandpoint, if you don't mind me asking?"


Female-designation Warforged Cavalier (Disciple of the Pike) 1/Warpriest 1 HP 22/22; DR 2/adamantine; AC 19/T 10/FF 19; Fort +7, Ref +0, Will +3; Init +0; Per +6; SM +5; Spd 20 ft. CMB +4 CMD 14

Aventail smiles her unsettling smile again.

”A boat!” she offers. She stares, unblinking. A moment passes, as you pass stalls and noisy revellers merrymaking.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female-designation Warforged Cavalier (Disciple of the Pike) 1/Warpriest 1 HP 22/22; DR 2/adamantine; AC 19/T 10/FF 19; Fort +7, Ref +0, Will +3; Init +0; Per +6; SM +5; Spd 20 ft. CMB +4 CMD 14

...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female-designation Warforged Cavalier (Disciple of the Pike) 1/Warpriest 1 HP 22/22; DR 2/adamantine; AC 19/T 10/FF 19; Fort +7, Ref +0, Will +3; Init +0; Per +6; SM +5; Spd 20 ft. CMB +4 CMD 14

”Ah, you meant something else I think. Hmm. I would say Dollstorm and Raz Kiv were the impetus - they kindly asked my to accompany them. I was “found” in Magnimar, and have yet to see much of the world since ages ago. And Sandpoint feels...do you know...I have not the proper words to express it. It is as if a concept were lodged in the craw of my consciousness. Sandpoint is...important, but not for the reasons many think. I think.” she finishes, clearly unsure. Another moment passes, before something seems to jog in the “craw”.

”And you, Loth Dalveran - how are you here?


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

Bumbo grins at Dol, and puts up a short and chubby finger to emphasize his point. Ah, but that's easy! See, a human just loves any song in which the human is the hero. Offer them praise and tell of their triumph, and they'll listen all day! He snorts, then grins again. Now, other races...they're easy too - just give them a song about a human losing...and they'll listen all day!

Bumbo chuckles, and breaks into fits of giggles as he slaps his legs with mirth.

See...the human song.

At last we go a-huntin', ta spear the greatest boar.
This beast runs through the thrushes, its tusks gleamin' ta' gore.
Proud Hamish, the human hunter, he limbers a spear from his pack;
And with a great yell, his muscles strong,
He slams it into the beast's back!

And...the song for everyone else.

At last they go a-huntin', the men against the great boar.
The men they are a braggin', not wondering who may be gored
Proud Hamish the human hunter, he takes aim at the creature's back;
His warcry aloud, the boar turns around,
And turns this man into a snack!

Easy as that! He claps his hands together.


Shield Bash Podcast

As you wind through the crowd, Dol is given a rough shoulder from one of the people, a most of you recognize as Daviren Hosk (owner of the Goblin Squash stables and noted racist). He pushes on without a word, but a voice calls him out, "Now Davrien, you wouldn't be so rude as to not apologize to these fine folks you've so rudely bumped into, would you? Not on such a fine day as this. I know, it must be that you simply didn't notice them, lost in your own thoughts. Well, luckily I'm here and you may apologize to them." The man speaking is Sir Jasper Korvaski, an older human man who runs the Sandpoint Mercantile Guild (a position of no small influence to the various businesses in town) and a retired holy knight of Abadar.

K(Local) DC 15 (Bumbo, you auto pass):
Despite his best efforts, his romance with Cyrdak Drokkus (owner/operator of the Sandpoint theatre) has become one of Sandpoint's worst-kept secrets.

After Hosk grumbles what was probably an apology and shambling off into the crowd, Sir Jasper turns to you all. "I'd apologize for Hosk, but he's an a@@@#%&. I am Sir Jasper Korvaski. Please, let me be your friend and answer any questions you might have. I know some of you have been in town for some days, but if there is anything else I can do, let me know."


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

Sorry Aventail! Missed that you had introduced yourself to Bumbo.

Before...

Bumbo looks left and right as if to make sure this wasn't a prank...what with the Warforged bowing to him in the middle of the street. Well, I... He bows back, though not quite so deeply, as his ample middle wouldn't allow for it. I am Bumbo'kla S'agonnagin, though most call me Bumbo. Good to meet you, um...[b] He takes the cue from Loth. [b]Aventail! Say, do you...I mean, can you...um...want a drink?

Presently...

Bumbo grins widely at Sir Jasper. That's okay Sir Jasper; some folks ya' just need to leave their own. Thanks for that! I'm working over at the theater; might I have seen you over there before?


| Shifter Barbarian 2 | Active Conditions: DR 1/-; +4 Str/Con, +1 Will, -2 AC; +2 Str, Bite | HP: 21/26; + 4/4 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft (40 w/o Armor) | Longtooth Shift 0/2; Rage 8/9 |

Having packed up her tent that morning, Mizzug stands on a hill overlooking the countryside. Frowning a moment as she collects her blades, she ponders

'What of the stories? Big beasts and giants roaming the land like cattle...how can I prove myself if I never come across one?'

Her mind wandering, she drops one of the oversized weapons. "DOH!"

Quickly retrieving it, her eyes fall on a small town just a little ways off. Colorful tents and smoke rise from it. "OH! That's looks pretty...wonder whats goin on there...Well, it's not like a day is going to matter much. Weeks without so much as a track...looks like fun...screw it!"

Her frown turned upside down now, the woman begins making her way down the hill towards the colorful hamlet.

A couple hours pass and she finds herself in the bowels of an ongoing festival. 'OH! NEAT! We didn't have anything like this back home...but what are these strange creatures? Humans? Some...gotta try to blend in.'

Recalling the tribal stories of such beasts, she hunches her shoulders forward and begins to waddle through the crowd. 'Perfect! They'll never notice I'm not one of them now!'

A strange smell suddenly assaults her nose. 'Ooooo' Shambling towards the food stand she smiles. "Good sir or madam, I'll take one of your food stuffs!"


Shield Bash Podcast
Bumbo'kla S'agonnagin wrote:

Bumbo grins widely at Sir Jasper. That's okay Sir Jasper; some folks ya' just need to leave their own. Thanks for that! I'm working over at the theater; might I have seen you over there before?

I've been known to frequent the theatre. I've a particular love of music and rather enjoyed some of your renditions of the Sanos Forest music you've played on your flute.


Shield Bash Podcast
Mizzug wrote:


Recalling the tribal stories of such beasts, she hunches her shoulders forward and begins to waddle through the crowd. 'Perfect! They'll never notice I'm not one of them now!'

A strange smell suddenly assaults her nose. 'Ooooo' Shambling towards the food stand she smiles. "Good sir or madam, I'll take one of your food stuffs!"

You receive several odd looks, but no one says much. They appear to caught up in their own good time. When you order your "one food stuffs", you get another quizzical look, but the gnome working the stand just hands you over some meat and cheese stuffed and cooked into a small loaf of bread. The innards give the bread a bit of a peak. Here you go, sweetheart. Made over at the Rusty Dragon Inn. Folks around here call them Sandpoint Witch's Hats. Bit of a mouthful, if you ask me. Best to find a way to shorten it down. But they're right tasty. And filling.


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

Is Toots present?


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

"When the bands of the Quah use to gather the youth would come together and each would anti something, and then they would compete, winner take all. Let is do the same he pulls out 5 silver and places them on the table. Then looks at the others.


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

I didn't plan on having Toot out and milling about the crowded festival...too afraid he'd want to challenge someone to something;)


Male NG Halfling Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2; +2 vs fear effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Active conditions: Panicked | Ammo: 12 arrows

response to Aventail's "Oh, Magnimar! As it so happens, I'm from Magnimar too! My family... helped out with the construction, so we got an invitation for one of us to attend. Not very exciting, I'm afraid."

Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Korvaski. As it currently stands, I only have one question: would you care to join us for a mug?"


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

Bumbo smiles broadly. Ah, that's it then! Indeed, thank you so much for your kind words. I like to sing and play what I know, and my homeland is a place worthy of song, and stories of its mystery. He finishes that with a knowing wink, then nods to Loth. My halfling friend here is nothing short of a genius...a mug among friends and good folk.

Tell me, sir Jasper, do you know much of the lore of the Hinterlands? I've heard tales of great beasts that would make any man shudder in fear.


| Shifter Barbarian 2 | Active Conditions: DR 1/-; +4 Str/Con, +1 Will, -2 AC; +2 Str, Bite | HP: 21/26; + 4/4 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft (40 w/o Armor) | Longtooth Shift 0/2; Rage 8/9 |

"Ah, yes. Of course it is, sir or madam. Many of my thanks for it." With an awkward bow, she shuffles away from the stand.

Setting the food on a nearby table, she looks around to see how the others are eating. 'Use hands? Huh...'

Clumsily holding the 'Witch's Hat' aloft, she bites at it in short choppy motions. "Mmmm good!"

Returning to a hunched stature, she begins to wander aimlessly through town. 'Food stuff was good but...need a drink now. Maybe that rust dragon it spoke of could help.'

A few moments pass and she approaches a small group in the middle of the street. "Excuses me sirs or madam's. I needs liquid food stuffs. Might you directions me?"

In case it's not clear, my goal here is to have wandered up to you guys. :-P

Description:

Mizzug is a tan skinned woman covered in twigs and smudged with dirt. If that didn't give away her adventurous nature, two massively oversized weapons hang from her back with a threadbare backpack.

Her form is covered in interlocking scaled armor.

Dark Archive

Dwarf Cleric 2 | HP 16/19 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F 6(+2 vs poison) R 1 W 7(+4 vs spells) | CMB +2 CMD 12 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Dark 60) S.Mot +7| Channel 0/4 | Acid Dart 5/6 (1d6+1)| Effects:
Spells:
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Empty | 1 - Bless, Obscuring Mist, Empty, Shield I

Feeling the jostling, but attaching no motive to it, Dol looks about to see if he wandered into a gaming field.

As Sir Jasper calls Daviren out, Dol looks a bit confused before deciding there must be some mistake. "Think nothing of it, Sir Jasper. I thought Mr. Hosk was simply being friendly. Why, I barely felt it. Surely, if he had rude intentions he would have made them obvious.

Why, my cousin used to near knock me over by way of greeting when we gathered for family dinners, and she was just a wee little thing."

Dol chuckles softly as he holds out a hand to grasp arms with Sir Jasper. "Blessings of the Forge Father be with you, Sir Jasper. Please join us for a mug and tell us if this song Bumbo was just singing is truly a good drinking song for a human community. We wish to join in your festival properly and hope to hear the whole festival belting out an inspiring tune."

------

As Razkiv suggests a wager, Dol quickly slaps 5 silver down. "Yes, now we are talking. But, what will the competion be? The first game we find?"


Male NG Halfling Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2; +2 vs fear effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Active conditions: Panicked | Ammo: 12 arrows

Loth smirks. "You call these stakes?" He asks, and lays down two gold pieces.


Female-designation Warforged Cavalier (Disciple of the Pike) 1/Warpriest 1 HP 22/22; DR 2/adamantine; AC 19/T 10/FF 19; Fort +7, Ref +0, Will +3; Init +0; Per +6; SM +5; Spd 20 ft. CMB +4 CMD 14

Aventail wonders why the small folk are placing coins on the ground with such vigour when the feral woman approaches the group.

Aventail favors the warrior with her rictus smile and bows.

”I am a madam.” Aventail says, without a trace of irony. ” These are my friends - [indicates each in turn] Dollstorm, Raz-Kiv, Bumbo-Kla and Lothdalveran. I am Aventail. I have no idea what liquid foodstuffs are, but they sound interesting. After we finish playing [here looks down at the ground and indicates the coins] whatever this game is, I’m sure we can search for them together.


Shield Bash Podcast

Sir Jasper smiles congenially, and responds. "Good sir Loth, I would indeed enjoy a drink." Looking to Bumbo, he answers. "I have heard tell of many a strange beast in the area and our environs. But I've never meet anyone who could verify them. Things that go bump in the night are often not as scary when the lights are on.

In response to Dol. "I did not hear Bumbo's song. But most around these parts like a rousing story of victory. If it is set to music, all the better.

After hearing Aventail, he whispers to Razkiv. "You may want to explain to Aventail what the title "madam" means when take as a stand alone. " Louder, he greets Mizzug. "Greetings warrior Mizzug. And welcome to our fine town. Here," he hands you a clay mug full of beer before continuing. "Down from around Hook Mountain, I presume? What brings you this far? If you're looking for Shalaleu, she's not been around recently."


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

Seeing Loth raise the ante Raz thinks for a bit and then reaches into a pouch and pulls out a Sunrod to drop on the pile.

Raz looks to Mizzug with her halting speech and remembers when he first came down from the plateau. he speaks to her in Shoanti.

Shoanti:
"You do not look of the people, but do you speak the language of the people?"

He raises his mug to all, thrilled to be surrounded be comrades.


| Shifter Barbarian 2 | Active Conditions: DR 1/-; +4 Str/Con, +1 Will, -2 AC; +2 Str, Bite | HP: 21/26; + 4/4 | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft (40 w/o Armor) | Longtooth Shift 0/2; Rage 8/9 |

Taking the mug with a halted bow, she recalls her observations of the ones she saw eating. A tad puzzled, she holds the mug aloft and bites at the top. *SNAP*SNAP*

With a sigh, 'I have no idea how they can drink that way!' and downs the ale with a single swig.

"It is pleasings to meet yous all. I is called Mizzug. I has been searching the hills for massive beasts so as I can prove self to tribe. Rumor was lots to be had in this places. Nigh a full phase of the moons and tallests beast I's found be me." she replies with a slight frown.

Glancing towards the coinage, she cocks an eye. "What games you beast...uh...sirs and madam plays?"

Thrusting a dirty thumb towards Razkiv, "That sirs or madam ok? Makes strange noise."


Male NG Halfling Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2; +2 vs fear effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Active conditions: Panicked | Ammo: 12 arrows

Loth's eyes widen a bit at the sunrod; it's been a while since he last saw one. He throws in another 2 gold to balance it out. "I'll call with this and leave it at that." He then turns to Mizzug, not exactly sure what to make of her. However, rule number one, always stay polite! "A pleasure to meet you, Mizzug. If I hear about anything big, I'll be sure to let you know."

Dark Archive

Dwarf Cleric 2 | HP 16/19 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F 6(+2 vs poison) R 1 W 7(+4 vs spells) | CMB +2 CMD 12 | Init +0 Perc +3 (Dark 60) S.Mot +7| Channel 0/4 | Acid Dart 5/6 (1d6+1)| Effects:
Spells:
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Mending, Empty | 1 - Bless, Obscuring Mist, Empty, Shield I

Dol squints skeptically at Loth when he raises the ante, then looks more surprised when Razkiv attempts to meet him.

"You are increasing the stakes for a friendly contest when the rules haven't even been stated yet.

The contest could easily be 'Who is the tallest?'. I must admit, I don't see the point in this. Is this a normal halfling custom?

Regardless, I have the feeling this is no longer a friendly wager, and I will bow out of the wagering, though I'll still gladly compete in whatever game is decided."


Male NG dwarf druid 2 | HP 17/18 | AC 18 T 12 FF 14 SR: 7 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +7 | Init: +2 | Perc: +10, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Fire Bolt: 5/7 1d6+1 | Spells: 1st 0/3 + 0/1
Spells:
Guidance;Light;Purify Food and Drink; Entangle ; Deadeyes' Lore ; Cure Light Wounds
| Active conditions: Deadeyes' Lore.

'I have misstepped.'


Male Gnome Summoner / 2 HP: 6/20 AC: 15/13/13 Perception +2 Initiative +2 Sense motive + 0 Saves F2/R2/W3 TOOT - AC 18 HP 18/18

Bumbo nods cheerily at Sir Jasper's wisdom. He seems about to chime in on the subject when Mizzug appears. He looks up at the exotic woman with wonder. I've been searching for the same thing, Mizzug! He looks around sheepishly, then shrugs. For research, lets say - can't write a good story or tune without first hand experience!


Male NG Halfling Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -2, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +2; +2 vs fear effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, Sense Motive +5 | Speed 30ft | Sneak Attack 1d6 | Active conditions: Panicked | Ammo: 12 arrows

Upon hearing Dol's words, Loth's bravado sizzles out. "Oh I... I didn't mean to cause any discomfort. I saw a wager and may have gotten a bit carried away."

1 to 50 of 1,133 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sphen Rise of the Runelords: (Clever Subtitle) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.