GDVIII: Redelia's Night in Nightarch

Game Master Redelia

maps


1 to 50 of 244 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Accepted characters, please dot in, and we'll start at the beginning of Gameday! When we get close, I may set up a chance for you to introduce yourselves before we actually start.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Venture-Captain Naiaj watches a map holographically projected onto the spherical wall of the dimly lit chamber. This meeting room is aptly named the 'Starscape Chamber' and hosts various important strategic meetings for the Society. The pale bleachling gnome slightly nods a greeting, hardly looking away from the stellar map.

"Thank you for meeting with me on such short notice," she says, as she finally turns away from the map. "As you should already know, the Starfinder Society lost not only many agents but also a great deal of equipment in the Scoured Stars incident. Since then, we’ve been dealing with a shortage of guns, ammunition, armor, tools, and provisions. Over the past four months, the Society has recovered to the point that we are able to start replacing some of the equipment we lost. While we are explorers, right now, battle-ready firearms are sorely needed."

Naiaj momentarily turns to face the map and makes a request: "Starscape, show me Nightarch." The map on the wall zooms in on one of the outermost planets of the Pact Worlds, showing a gloomy, air-sealed settlement on the small gray planetoid identified as Apostae.

"After calling in a lot of favors and holding lengthy negotiations, we managed to secure a deal with the drow of Apostae to obtain a shipment of weapons. House Zeizerer arranged a deal between the Starfinder Society and House Xicton, a lesser drow house with a solid track record on sales. I personally oversaw the negotiations, and only recently returned to Absalom Station to deposit the down payment owed to House Xicton. My intention was to send you to Nightarch, the drow’s surface settlement on Apostae, to guard this delivery. However," Naiaj pauses briefly, staring blankly at the map on the wall before continuing, "I just received word that the weapon shipment has been stolen. According to my contacts in Nightarch, the thief is a minor noble of House Zeizerer named Villyth, who went rogue and stole the weapons. We do not know her motives or the current whereabouts of the shipment, but I’m sending you to Nightarch to find the weapons and bring them to Absalom Station. As you may have heard, the interhouse politics of the drow are lethal and treacherous, and you will find only trouble if you start searching blindly. For this reason, I’ve arranged for you to meet with Ceobarn Zeizerer, who represents House Zeizerer in this specific matter. You are to discuss how the Society can get its shipment back withoutcausing a diplomatic incident. Your shuttle is ready, so I expect you to get your things and get going as soon as possible. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask."

You may ask any questions you have, and then slot your boons in the discussion thread. There is a picture of Naiaj on the first slide of the maps link.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

A business-mannered lashunta listens patiently to the explanation before observing and asking:

Interesting that the identity of the thief is immediately known. Did Villyth not try to conceal their act?

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

A average height human woman speaks up with a question.

Is their anything we might need to know about being in Nightarch? How might the Drow react to offworlders?

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

A lashunta who is obviously NOT business mannered idles in a chair, half muttering to himself as Naiaj provides her briefing.

[smaller]"What rhymes with 'lightning nanite demon?'" he says before looking up.

"Call me paranoid, but does anyone else think it's weird that House Zeizerer is helping us investigate one of their own? Wouldn't be more like a drow house to cover it all up?" Azara chimes in.

Exo-Guardians

HP 40, SP 38, RP 6; EAC 16, KAC 16; F+4, R+3, W+8; Init +2; Perc +12, SM +12

A petite Ysoki woman in long robes nods along. "It could be a thing, certainly. Drow minds move in circles within circles and a power play is not outside the realm of the possible. But we're locked in regardless. I am Omen-Seeker, by the by. I'll be providing healing should we require it."


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

"House Zeizerer are the most powerful drow household on Apostae, controlling the major surface settlement of Nightarch. They are demon-worshipers and arms dealers like the rest of them, but as far as drow houses go, they are quite reliable because they have a reputation to uphold. Complications like this are bad for the business. Our representative with them, Ceobarn Zeizerer, has always been blunt and up-front with me—how I prefer to handle most of my social interactions."

"Villyth Zeizerer is a minor noble in the hierarchy of House Zeizerer. I understand that she is something of a rebel, and as far as I know, her actions were not sanctioned by her house."

If you have not done so already, please slot your boons in the discussion thread. There is no starship combat. There are no suggested boons for this scenario.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

A rebel. So that explains the obviousness of it. Wanted to thumb her nose at them. Next, we'll have to figure out if she worked alone or was talked into it by somebody who wanted House Zeizerer to suffer those complications. I think we can head out to meet with Ceobarn.

Ready to go when others are.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

Azara nods and actually smiles. "Well, I've always wanted to go to Apostae, anyway. What better source for an epic poem than the machinations and maneuvering of various political houses, right? And drow have always had a certain dark appeal for people. It'll just be a challenge rhyming their proper names. I mean, I don't even know how you pronounce 'Z-Z-T' when you put them together. When do we leave?"

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 3 | SP 15 HP 19 | RP 4 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +3; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

"Find the theif, get the weapons back. Got it. We get to shoot the theif, yes? Sounds like this place has a lot of talking. I'm bad at talking so I think I'll bring a friend."

no idea what I'm going to name this hireling or what they're like


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

An otherwise empty shuttle from Absalom Station takes you on a weeklong journey to Apostae. As the shuttle approaches the dull gray planetoid, several fighters emerge from a hulking capital ship identified as part of the local fleet defense: the Blood Armada. These fighters whizz past like a swarm of angry wasps. The navigation computer lets out a blaring alert as the capital ship scans the shuttle, but soon after, the alert ends and the fighters fly back to the massive carrier. The shuttle descends into low-orbit, and several small settlements with sealed atmospheres come into view. Further out, beneath clouds of dust, several mile-wide blast doors, many large craters, and miles-deep crevices can be seen across the planetoid’s surface. The shuttle soars closer to Apostae’s surface, fast approaching the dark city of Nightarch. The eponymous arch and various tower houses can be seen within the city limits. Nightarch’s vast spaceport is alive with hundreds of blinking red and purple lights, which guide the shuttle into the gloomy capital of the drow.

pausing, in case you want to do anything before I move you into your meeting.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Well, that was an intense... welcome. Do they greet all ships this way?

Sefel observes.

I hope the greeting in port is friendlier.

Nothing I need to do. Ready to move on when others are.

Exo-Guardians

HP 40, SP 38, RP 6; EAC 16, KAC 16; F+4, R+3, W+8; Init +2; Perc +12, SM +12

"Indeed. They take security seriously here. Do you think they have a reason to?" Omen-Seeker muses out loud, rubbing her staff's handle and peering at the viewscreen.

I'm ready! Put me in, coach!

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

When Azara shows up at the shuttle, he is attended by a rather dour (even for a dwarf) looking dwarf. He is dressed in clean, but well used coveralls with a blazer and poorly tied tie. It there is a darker area on the breast of his faded coveralls that it doesn't take much imagination to recognize that it is in the shape of the AbadarCorp logo.

"This is my associate, Dougar Ironhead," Azara introduces the gray skinned, bald dwarf.

Dougar looks at each of you but doesn't so much as nod in greeting.

That changes in the following week of travel. Somehow, Dougar finds a way to corner each of the other passengers. "Are you aware of the abuses that are heaped upon their employees by AbadarCorp and, indeed, by all Corporations throughout the Pact Worlds? In a moment, I will list them for you but first, let me ask, do you approve of employees being abused?"

It is very difficult to avoid a 20 minute semi-monologue that paints the plight of workers throughout the known universe in a dire light and equally paints corporations as the greatest evil in all the multiverse. If the listener is not careful, he will find his personal computer clogged with "literature" - pamphlets, videos and texts on the subject, as well.

And the slightest show of interest only extends the spiel...though on the upside, Dougar will start referring to that person as "Comrade" and "Brother" or "Sister."

Azara hurries to the bridge when their shuttle is buzzed by Drow fighters. "Do we even have guns?" he asks anyone who might know the answer as the warning buzzer sounds.

He relaxes noticeably as it becomes evident that this is standard procedure and they're not going to be blown out of the void.

"Like a swarm of angry wasps."
"The Drow welcomed us."
"Dread rose as we faced our fate."

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none
Azara Thenason wrote:
"Are you aware of the abuses that are heaped upon their employees by AbadarCorp and, indeed, by all Corporations throughout the Pact Worlds? In a moment, I will list them for you but first, let me ask, do you approve of employees being abused?"

This strikes a bit of a chord with Sefel, and he naively engages this line of discussion.

Actually, the only reason I'm taking Starfinder missions is that I was suddenly, unfairly terminated by a previous employer! I've been trying to find a new permanent job for months! I'm beginning to think that this is my new line of work...

He then launches into an explanation of his previous incident and what led him to the Starfinders.

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Maxine takes time to explain to the dwarf that as a student she has had very little dealing with the corporations. She goes on to explain the principles of vectors in space flight and the use of binary data in many computational algorithms.

She remains unperturbed by buzzing of the Drow fighters and only looks up at the mention of security.

"Security is only as good as those it can keep out! I believe we are better."

She lifts a small drone from her belt, "Be-beep", it adds.

"Just a matter of binary logic." She adds to no one in particular.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

You exit the shuttle, and find two drow guards dressed in a livery which you suspect belongs to House Zeizerer. They greet you sternly and invite you to follow them. They take you into a labyrinth of tunnels. The tunnels are full of air, enclosed on all sides.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Sefel greets the guards politely. Thank you, we are here to see Ceobarn Zeizerer. These tunnels are like a maze. How do you remember your way around here?

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Maxine releases dome, the little drone follows the party his camera following the route and her rig creating a map to follow in-case a rapid retreat is necessary.

23 if take 10 or if required

Engineering: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Exo-Guardians

HP 40, SP 38, RP 6; EAC 16, KAC 16; F+4, R+3, W+8; Init +2; Perc +12, SM +12

Omen-Seeker nods to the drow and follows, keeping alert while walking along leaning on her staff as if she is more infirm than she is.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

"Into the heart of the drow."
"The veins like a maze."
"Our greetings like ice and stone."

Azara intones. "I'm so glad i don't have to write stuff down," he says.

He follows the guards at his ease, despite the foreboding nature of both them and their home.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

waiting a little longer so we don't leave Delta-5 out...

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 3 | SP 15 HP 19 | RP 4 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +3; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

recovering from my conference week. In general you don't need to wait longer than 24 hours to bot me; in this case, moving me along with the party.

Delta-5 seems more or less unaware of the guard's almost hostile demeanor, as it is not too different from his own. He follows along nonchalantly.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

You approach a tall building. The guards open the door to a spacious office on the top floor, and without even a hint of emotion, one drow barely mutters, "Wait here." The green-tinged windows in the room offer a majestic view over the gloomy Nightarch. Several statues and holographic devices depicting grinning fiends sit on shelves on the walls and on a darkwood desk at the far end of the room. A curious fixture reminiscent of a demonic spider looks down from the ceiling with many glistening eyes.

culture or mysticism check, anyone? Priest theme DC change will apply, so let me know if that's you.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Sefel looks around the room with curious eyes. He speaks to his teammates via his limited telepathy.

There are some interesting depictions here. I wonder what these fiends can tell us about the house Zeizerer...

mysticism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Maxine studies the items and tries to recall all she knows about the drow. Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Exo-Guardians

HP 40, SP 38, RP 6; EAC 16, KAC 16; F+4, R+3, W+8; Init +2; Perc +12, SM +12

Priest here!

Mysticism: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

"Spiders and demons, oh my!"
"Bad to be the fly."
"But through the web is the task."

"This is all very interesting. And more than a little creepy," Azara comments after recording his notes for his upcoming epic in his portable computer.

He stands directly under the demonic spider, moving around in a small circle to view it from many angles. "Is this thing real or from someone's imagination?"


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

You realize that the symbols represent the demon lord Abraxus.

You are left waiting alone in the office for a few minutes.

Anything you want to say or do while you are waiting?

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Abraxus. Well, to each their own...

Sefel focuses on the curious spider for a few brief moments, just to ensure there's nothing "special" about it, as in some sort of trap or watchful scrying device.

Detect magic on the spider.

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Maxine also checks for surveillance devices.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Exo-Guardians

HP 40, SP 38, RP 6; EAC 16, KAC 16; F+4, R+3, W+8; Init +2; Perc +12, SM +12

Omen-Seeker nods to the idol respectfully. She settles her robes around her and waits without complaint, seeming still and calm.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

"Indeed," Azara agrees with Sefel's assessment.

"It is important not to put our own moral ideas on other cultures. Unless those other cultures are murdering and enslaving people," he continues philosophically.

"The way AbbadarCorp does on a daily basis!" Dougar mutters.

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 3 | SP 15 HP 19 | RP 4 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +3; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

lol

Delta-5 lounges, completely unimpressed by the demon spider, and waits for the drow to return.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

No one notices anything more.

A wall panel at the back of the office slides open, and a middle-aged drow walks in and settles into a red armchair behind the desk. "I am Ceobarn Zeizerer." He gives a nonchalant wave of his hand, and the demonic statue in the ceiling starts shedding a purple glow, illuminating the room. "I take it that your eyes haven’t adjusted to the light levels on Apostae. You are Naiaj’s Starfinders, correct? I heard about the shipment. A most unfortunate setback. Villyth has always been a troublemaker." After a brief silence, he spits, "But it is not our fault. House Zeizerer officially disowned her months ago. Why should I help you?"

This next part uses a few unusual rules, most of which are below for you to read. I have supressed the exact DCs and a few similar details that I don't think you should know at this point.

special rules:
The PCs can attempt up to six skill checks in total to persuade Ceobarn to help them. They can divide the six attempts among themselves as they like: the PCs can attempt one check each, or a particularly skilled PC can attempt all six checks—but the party may not use the same skill more than once. The most relevant skills are listed below. The PCs can use other skills, but the DC for such checks increases; for example, Ceobarn really isn’t interested in backflips and somersaults.

If the PCs fail a check slightly, they can bribe Ceobarn to treat the check as a success.

Bluff, Intimidate, or Profession (counselor or lawyer): Speculate
how news of the incident may affect House Zeizerer’s reputation
as reliable arms traders across the Pact Worlds.

Culture: Posit that the attack made House Xicton look weak,
and if Villyth goes unpunished, House Xicton may seek retribution
against House Zeizerer.

Diplomacy: Explain the benefits of helping the Starfinder
Society out, especially the benefits of establishing a long-term
working relationship.

Mysticism: Maintain that letting a wayward noble do as she
pleases makes the house look weak in the eyes of their patron
demon lord.

Perception: Notice that the search term “Villyth Zeizerer” is
visible on Ceobarn’s computer screen, which indicates he is not as
indifferent about the rogue noble as he says.

Profession (corporate professional, manager, or merchant): Use
business logic and subtle pressure to cajole Ceobarn into helping.

Sense Motive: Notice and point out that Ceobarn is clearly
annoyed that Villyth acted without the house’s permission.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Sefel's best contribution is mysticism +8, and here's a decent roll

mysticism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Her name is your name. Abraxus does not forget this, and so her weakness is your weakness in his eyes. We only want information up front, and ultimately our work will benefit you. This is reasonable.

The lashunta glances suggestively at the symbols around the room to reinforce the connection.

Exo-Guardians

HP 40, SP 38, RP 6; EAC 16, KAC 16; F+4, R+3, W+8; Init +2; Perc +12, SM +12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

"Yet I sense you are annoyed at her pluck and defiance of the House's wishes. Is this a situation where we are not to kill her, but to return her to her House's discretion, or do you wish her to trouble you no more?" Omen-Seeker asks in her calm, level voice.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

"As Sefel said, our work will benefit you. But not just in the short term. Everyone knows the name of the Starfinder Society but not everyone knows what we stand for. We stand for progress, knowledge, justice, peace but many think we stand for destruction and chaos. Why? Because sometimes to make progress, gather knowledge, dispense justice and foster peace you need these. A lot of these," he draws his pistol and holds it up, contemplating it.

"Now, if you allow us to undertake this task, we will know that we can trust you. If you don't, we'll have to assume your whole house was complicit in the theft and won't be able to trust you. If we can't trust you, we can't work with you and we'll have to take our business elsewhere."

1d20 + 12

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

That's weird...my dice expression did not express. Let me try again.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Maxine glances across at Ceobarn's data pad.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

If enough... "It seems Villyth is more than just a annoyance to you! Her name is quite visible in your searches..."


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

You can see Ceobarn's determination wavering. Three successes and one failure. The team can pay 300 credits to bribe Ceobarn to treat that failure as a success. I also need 2 more checks, and they can't be skills you have already used.

Wayfinders

Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4th | INIT + 1, Senses Perception +4 Darkvision 60' | EAC 15 KAC 15 DR 1| Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +4 | [SP] 28/28 [HP]32/32 | Resolve: 6/6 |

Azara sees that his argument is not quite persuasive enough. He pulls out a credit stick and makes a few adjustments before offering it up.

"Perhaps a pre-commission will show you just how profitable a friendly relationship with the Starfinder Society can be," he says, sliding the stick over to the drow.

Azara will add some financial persuasion to his check in the form of 300 credits.

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Maybe Omen Seeker could try a sense motive? Can we give aids if required? Maxine is prepared to donate 60 credits to Azara to help pay the Bribe!

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Delta-5 hasn't made a roll and could contribute an aid there as well.

Exo-Guardians

HP 40, SP 38, RP 6; EAC 16, KAC 16; F+4, R+3, W+8; Init +2; Perc +12, SM +12

O-S DID try a sense motive. She can try a Culture check.

Culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

"This attack, by a Zeiserer scion, makes Xicton look weak and they may need to attack Zeiserer to redeem their honor."

Acquisitives

Male N android ace pilot Technomancer 3 | SP 15 HP 19 | RP 4 | EAC 20; KAC 20 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +3; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, spells, and other magic effects | Init: +5 | Perc +0, SM -2, low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Delta-5 jerks his head and his assistant steps forward.

"This incident could impact House Zeizerer’s reputation as reliable arms traders across the Pact Worlds." She says.

bluff/intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

If we can use aids at all Maxine will attempt to up the assistants roll with nods and affirmations on what she says.

Bluff{aid other}: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

nope, aid another is not allowed. You succeeded at 4 of the attempts, and one was a minor failure and you were able to bribe, so you ended up succeeding on 5/6.

"Very well. It is true that Villyth’s actions are bad for business and she must be stopped. On behalf of House Zeizerer, I grant you twenty-four hours of diplomatic immunity. Use this time to retrieve the weapons using whatever means you deem necessary. Here’s a document that proves you’re acting on my authority. If the situation requires it, kill Villyth. But rest assured, if you abuse the power I bestow you, there will be consequences. The drow never forget. I know Villyth well enough to know that she has guards and other defenses. The more you know, the less likely you are to walk into a trap. So use your twentyfour hours wisely. Remember that before the time is up, you must locate the weapons, plan your heist, travel to the location, get the weapons, and most importantly, get off my planet!"

For succeeding at so many of the checks, Ceobarn grants you use of his all terrain vehicle, the name of some contacts that may help you later, and some of his infosphere rights which also may help you later. I'm going to pause for any questions/responses before I move you on.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Thank you, we of course have no intention of abusing the power.

Sefel begins to scan the list of contacts...

Ready to move on

Wayfinders

Female NG Human, Scholar,Mechanic 4 | SP 28 HP 28| RP 5 | Dome (drone) HP 40 AC17Both | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +5; Ref +7; Will +1 | Init: +9 | Perc +7, Darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft

Maxine nods and is ready to move on.

1 to 50 of 244 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GDVIII: Redelia's Night in Nightarch Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.