Alledisil's Starfinder Quest - Into the Unknown

Game Master Alledisil

Defeat the pirate vessel Lawblight!
Day Tripper Stat Block
Current Map


1 to 50 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Reserved for GM


The reception area is a small courtyard near the base of the tower, with clean glass windows lining two sides, while the other two are open to the hallways beyond. There are a couple well-manicured trees providing a modicum of shade to four metal benches and two tables. It's obvious this is a rather informal meeting area, as Starfinders regularly pass through on their business, making this a good spot to people-watch.

Wayfinders

"Oh good, I appear to have beaten him here. Laeshin said to himself after scanning the reception area. "I do wonder why he wanted to meet in person though..." he continued pondering aloud. While he waited for the Venture Captain to arrive, he wandered around the courtyard, examining whatever caught his eye, but largely ignoring the people who came and went.

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

Kulth sat at one of the desk's stoically tinkering with his rig to iron out a couple of glitches that had been grating on him.

The bulky Vesk was shorter than the typical males (and larger females) of his race, but non-the-less provided an imposing presence in the meeting area. From the functional dock worker's garb, to the equipment he carried it was clear here was tech-focussed individual, an uncommon professional pathway for such a warmongering race.

Lifting his attention momentarily from tech-work, Kulth eyes the male human meandering through the meeting area, noting his high fashion and the sword and pistol at his hips.

Huh. Dandy loiters with intent. Maybe here for same reason I am...

Maybe not.

Before returning to his work with a roll of his broad shoulders.

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP: 0/7 HP:12/12 RP: 5/5| KAC:14 EAC: 13 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8, Blindsense 30ft.

Hokhuckx wanders into the reception area, looking around at the people making their way through. Hmm, yes. He thinks. This is the place. Hokhuckx wanders over to one of the tables, thinking at first to sit with the Vesk but deciding otherwise when he seems engrossed in his work. Don't see many Vesks using computers... how interesting!

The Shirren takes a seat, looking at the people passing by. It appeared the Venture Captain had yet to arrive. No matter. Watching is good fun anyways.

Grand Lodge

A tall and confident lashunta man (image) strides into the area, nods approvingly, and gestures toward several functional chairs, inviting the assembled group to join him around the Vesk's table. "Thank you for arriving so quickly. As I mentioned in my comm message, we have an urgent opportunity to recover some critical information. We would normally handle this sort of thing ourselves, but preparations are underway for the largest expedition in Starfinder history, and we simply do not have the manpower to spare. Some mutual friends of ours informed us of your exploits, and we believe you could be just the people for the job. The Starfinder Society pays well, and we would be in your debt if you took this mission. You can fill in your remaining compatriots as they arrive.

Several months ago, a crew of Starfinders took a ship called the Unbounded Wayfarer into the Vast to explore a series of uncharted planets. They never returned. Earlier today, a vesk pawnbroker in the Downlow neighborhood contacted us, offering to sell us several Starfinder insignias. These insignias belonged to the lost crew of the Unbounded Wayfarer, and that immediately caught the Society's attention. The pawnbroker -named Julzakama- doesn't realize the true value of the insignias. We negotiated a purchase price in exchange for the insignias and information about the seller. We hope this seller can lead us to the Unbounded Wayfarer and its crew.

We've remotely transferred the requested credits to Julzakama. Now, we need you to collect the insignias and all the information you can from the vesk regarding whoever sold him the insignias, and then track down that seller. Learn where to find the Unbounded Wayfarer and its crew. I'm worried that the seller might not be on the station for long, so act quickly. If you have any questions, please make them fast."

Arvin looks at you expectantly, tapping his fingers on the table.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Six months earlier...

Sefel was livid as he carried the box of personal belongings out of the office. The decision by the partners to part ways with him was bad enough, but escorted out by security?!? It was insult to injury.

They wouldn't have even HAD this idea if I hadn't brought it to them! Those idiots are just going to ruin it...

No matter. He was too good to put up with this nonsense anyway. He can get any number of jobs as an R&D team lead at a devices or software firm. After a short time off, seeing sights he'd meant to get around to and hitting a few beaches a month has passed. He sets out in earnest to apply for jobs, utilizing collaborative contacts he's built up over time. He contacts engineers and scientists from other companies he'd done joint projects with
and talent that his prior superiors refused to properly pay so that they left for greener pastures. Sometimes the tech world feels really small that way, at least in the scope of a specific city. Many of them had been really excited to work with Sefel, and even attempted to get him to jump to their team.

So he was surprised to find that his calls weren't being answered now. Not one out of twenty-something feelers with previously solid contacts. This went on for a couple of weeks when, by sheer coincidence he runs into one of these contacts, a lashunta man named Lunist, on the street. When Lunist catches his eye, he gets a sudden, nervous look on his face. "Look, I can't hire you. I'd love to, but... I just can't."

He's been... blacklisted? Are they worried about him violating his non-compete? He didn't think he was important enough to get locked out so completely. That's usually reserved for high-level execs with information that moves stock prices.

With resign, he begins to make money crafting computers and small devices for the consumer market. It's stable but it's nothing like his former life. And he was addicted to the rush of that life. It's starting to feel like a dead when he sees a flyer for the Starfinder Society...

-----------------------

Present day...

Sefel arrives at the specified reception area just as a venture-captain is seemingly beginning a briefing about the potential job. He surveys the group to take in who he might soon be working with. They're a very different lot than he's used to.

Venture Captain Arvin wrote:
Some mutual friends of ours informed us of your exploits, and we believe you could be just the people for the job.

How would they know ANYTHING about a random tech worker like me...

After the VC finishes, Sefel jumps in with the first question that comes to his mind.

"Once we get this information and track down the seller, I take it we'll be venturing into the Vast to determine the fate of the missing crew? Will we be provided a ship to make this journey?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Aazanar waits in the reception area for a time, enjoying the day and the passage of people through the courtyard. When the Venture-Captain arrived, Aazanar jumps up smartly and offers his hand.

"Captain Arvin? Aazanar Kroi. I got your message."

He waits for the Captain to explain the mission. Once he is done, Aazanar nods.

"I'd be happy to accept this mission," Aazanar says.

"I understand that many Starfinders have an Insignia implant. Are these insignia of that type? And were they removed from a living body or had they yet to be installed?"

"And can you tell us anything about this Julzakama? Have you had dealings with him before?"

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

As the Venture Captain arrives, and others gather around them, Kulth stashes his rig, then focusses on the new task at hand.

The stocky vesk's eyes flit to the others around him;

The dandy human. A shirren and two lashunta. Good mix of components.

The mention that Julzakama is a vesk, and a pawnbroker to boot piques Kulth's interest and he emits a rumbling sigh;

"To get information from Julzakama. Society have preference on strong-arm or silver tongue?"

Grand Lodge

The Venture-Captain patiently provides any information he can, though his twitching antennae belie his unease.

Sefel said wrote:
"Once we get this information and track down the seller, I take it we'll be venturing into the Vast to determine the fate of the missing crew? Will we be provided a ship to make this journey?"

"We can deal with the logistics of transport once we know where you'll be going. The Society's resources are tight right now, but suffice it to say we'll have what you need."

Aazanar said wrote:

"I understand that many Starfinders have an Insignia implant. Are these insignia of that type? And were they removed from a living body or had they yet to be installed?"

"And can you tell us anything about this Julzakama? Have you had dealings with him before?"

"We pray the crew is still alive, but their death is, unfortunately, more likely at this point. In any case, the technomagical Society implants are designed to decay a few hours after death. You needn't worry about desecrating the dead. The insignias in question are physical medals. The crew of the Unbounded Wayfarer received the insignias long ago for exemplary service to the Society. Although this isn't common knowledge outside the Starfinder Society, these insignias are no mere trinkets: they can be used to encrypt or decrypt information that the Starfinders want to keep hidden."

As for Julzakama, he runs a pawnshop called Julzakama's Loans and is an... unusually arrogant vesk. I don't know him, but I get the impression that I wouldn't like him much if I did."

Venture-Captain Arvin goes on to provide directions to Julzakama's shop in the Downlow, no more than an hour's travel by free station transports.

Kulth said wrote:
"To get information from Julzakama. Society have preference on strong-arm or silver tongue?"

"We have already paid him, so we expect him to cooperate. We would also appreciate if our informants remain in good standing with the Society. We never know when we may have need of Julzakama again."

Anyone can go ahead and attempt a culture check to recall information about Julzakama.

Wayfinders

Laeshin was quick to join the Venture Captain at the Vesk's table, taking one of the chairs gestured too. Laeshin smiled and nodded to the pair of Lashunta that joined them. The vesk he gave a sideways glance and a somewhat nervous smile.
Laeshin listened quietly to the Captain's speach, as well as to the questions asked by the others. Finally he interjected "I believe that covers the salient details. Do you care about what happens to the seller? I suspect they will be less than cooperative... Either way I'm sure the lot of us can handle it." Laeshin says confidently. Although he speaks clearly enough, his accent seems especially foreign for a human.

I'll roll Culture
Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grand Lodge

Laeshin wrote:
"I believe that covers the salient details. Do you care about what happens to the seller? I suspect they will be less than cooperative... Either way I'm sure the lot of us can handle it."

Arvin's face is steely and emotionless as his voice drops a little quieter, to not draw the curiosity of passers-by. "We strongly encourage you to follow all Absalom Station regulations."

Immediately afterwards, he stands and leans over the table. He looks into Laeshin's eyes and telepathically broadcasts to the group, " All we care about is where they got the insignias. Their eventual fate is up to you."

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

Kulth listened and tried to read between the lines of the conversation.

The human was right, this seller whomever they were would likely not cooperate when Starfinder agents came knocking... especially enquiring after the sigils of their lost comrades.

The bulky vesk nodded slowly and deliberately at their Venture Captain's final words;

"Talavet willing we will unearth this seller and any secrets they hold Kaptan."

Wayfinders

"I understand." Laeshin replied, nodding in agreement with the Venture Captain's words. Then turning slightly to address the others.
"So there are one, two, three... five of us? I look foreward to working with each of you. As time is of the essence, shall we introduce ourselves properly and make our plans on the way to the Pawnshop?" he asked.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Sefel nods and gets up to start walking with the rest of the group. ”Agreed. My name is Sefel. I do tech with a bit of magic, or maybe sometimes the other way around. Earlier this year I had a corporate job that you all would probably find pedestrian. I’m a bit of a nerd for devices, software, gadgets, networks and the like. I decided I needed a change in life and here I am.”

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Aazanar offers his hand to Sefel. "Sefel, hi. Aazanar. Pleasure."

"I used to do theatre before I became a Starfinder. But when I got my 'gift,'" Aazanar points to the small glowing mote floating in the air near his head, "I decided I had to use my abilities for something greater. The Starfinders seemed like just the thing."

"I'm good at fighting, but from my theatre days I can also act up a storm. I can be pretty scary if I need to be."

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP: 0/7 HP:12/12 RP: 5/5| KAC:14 EAC: 13 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8, Blindsense 30ft.

Hokhuckx. echoes through everyone's minds. Ah, that's my name. Yes. It's very nice to meet all of you. I guess I always wanted to be a Starfinder - the oppurtunity to meet so many other people is so interesting! The Shirren's mandibles twitch slightly before he continues. Er, I do a bit of magic. It's nothing much, but if you happen to get hurt, please tell me.


@Laeshin I PM'ed you the result of your Culture check.

Downlow is a poor and densely-populated section of the Spike that extends below Absalom Station's plane. Although some areas of Downlow are clean and trendy, this narrow alley of concrete and metal buildings drips with oil and sparking wires. A wide, red neon electric sign reads "Julzakama's Loans" on a building sandwiched between a Kuthite sensation house and a derelict building covered with graffiti. The shop's solid metal door contains a single, small window too grimy to peer through.

Wayfinders

"Well, I am Laeshin" he said after most of the others had introduced themselves. "I must admit I'm more of a lover than a fighter, but I can defend myself and others when I must, and I have a great many other skills." Laeshin continued as they finally arrived in Downlow.

"Which reminds me, I had the displeasure of meeting Julzakama when I first arrived here, and he's quite the brute, even by vesk stan-ahem... no offense..." Laeshin trailed off uncomfortably for a moment before continuing "Anyway, what I meant to say was that he didn't seem like the type to appreciate flattery, so perhaps bluster would work better."

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

Introductions...

Kulth stoically listens to the others, nodding in greeting at each then adding his own rumbling introduction;

"I am Kulth. A mech-tech by trade. Was stevedore in the Veskarium Navy before... I do not have a great many skills, but what I do, I do well."

Julzakama's Loans

The Vesk mechanic acknowledges Laeshin's insight into his race with a matter-of-fact agreement;

"None taken . Kulth knows our people's traits..."

He mulls his own word's before offering up a further comment;

"In serving Veskarium I lost part of tail... If Julzakama should belittle Kulth for this, do not act."

It is easily noticeable that the last third of Kulth's tail is missing.

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

EDIT - Given my change of character gender to female - Please scratch above post and replace with below :)

Introductions...

Kultha stoically listens to the others, nodding in greeting at each then adding her own rumbling introduction;

"I am Kultha. A mech-tech by trade. Was stevedore in the Veskarium Navy before... I do not have a great many skills, but what I do, I do well."

@ Julzakama's Loans

The Vesk mechanic acknowledges Laeshin's insight into his race with a matter-of-fact agreement;

"None taken . Kultha knows her people's traits..."

The big vesk mulls her own word's before offering up a further comment;

"When serving Veskarium part of tail was... lost. Should Julzakama try to belittle Kultha for this, do not act."

(It is easily noticeable that the last third of Kultha's tail is missing.)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"Looks like this is it. Might as well head in."

Aazanar walks through the door of the shop, and looks around, letting his eyes adjust. When he spots the vesk proprietor, he steps forwards.

"Are you Julzakama? Aazanar. Me and my friends here are from the Starfinder Society. I believe you have something for us?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The interior of Julzakama's Loans is crammed with shelves containing all manner of near-valueless items, from small appliances to VR game consoles and jars of colored powders. The shop as the acrid smell of a reptile house that has not been cleaned in months. A massive vesk in a muscle shirt stands at the rear of the shop, behind a low desk and a series of heavy metal bars anchored into the ceiling.

As the party enters, the vesk looks up from his work ripping apart an old computer bare-handed, with little regard for keeping the components in one piece. His eyes narrow as the Lashunta addresses him.

Aazanar wrote:
"Are you Julzakama? Aazanar. Me and my friends here are from the Starfinder Society. I believe you have something for us?"

As soon as Aazanar mentions the Society, Julzakama gives a wide smile.

He reaches under the counter, and sarcastically quips, "Didn't know the 'Finders were desperate enough to hire someone as weak as you look, Lashling. You and the man-ling there," as he tilts his head towards Laeshin, "should find a different line'o'work with such pretty faces." He pulls out a metal box and tosses it through a gap in the bars, onto the floor. "Don't matter to me, that's you' own business. Enjoy yer toys."

He notices Kultha entering the shop and, sizing her up, he asks,

in Vesk language:
"Battle wound?"

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

Kultha meets the big male's appraisal with her own, then nods to herself slowly;

"Vy mogli by eto skazat'. Skazhi mne Dzhulzakama, kak ty prishel k etim znakam?"

Vesk (Using Russian):

"You could say that. Tell me Julzakama, how is it you came by these insignas of rank?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Ty bol'she ne voin, chem ya, vozit'sya. Kazhetsya, my oba zdes' kak beschestnyye Stihnas."

in Vesk:
You look no more a warrior than I, tinker. Seems we're both out here as dishonorable Stihnas. This is a very rude slur implying your parentage is questionable.

Kultha wrote:
"How is it you came by these insignias of rank?"

Julzakama shrugs and scratches the scaly skin between his bony beard-spikes with a clawed hand and says, in Common,

"Seems I'm now fully paid for those trinkets there. I 'member Arvin said something about wanting information too, and I can do that. But information costs extra."

He folds his rather muscular arms across his chest, looking pretty determined and confident behind the security bars.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP: 0/7 HP:12/12 RP: 5/5| KAC:14 EAC: 13 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8, Blindsense 30ft.

Hokhuckx seems to grin. Please, sir. The Starfinders hardly know of your trustworthiness, much less the depth of your knowledge. Perhaps show us some good faith, and we will recommend your services to some of our brethren.

Activating my Empathy connection power, followed by a diplomacy check

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Unless Julzakama has a +17 in Bluff (which I sure hope not!) that succeeds.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22

The dice seem to smile upon me today!

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Sefel watches as the Vesks go back and forth in their own language. He could intervene with some tricks of his own, but he supposes he doesn't know all of these folks well enough to try something and expect they understand to play along. He waits for the result of the Shirren's attempt.

Wayfinders

Laeshin ignored the pawnbroker's slight, instead retrieving the metal box from the floor before moving aside so as not to interrupt the conversation. Meanwhile he examined the metal box, and its contents.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none
Julzakama wrote:
"Didn't know the 'Finders were desperate enough to hire someone as weak as you look, Lashling."

"Weak? He thinks I look weak?" Aazanar says incredulously.

He looks the Vesk right in the eyes with an unblinking gaze.

"That sounds like a challenge, Vesk. Fine. I accept your challenge."

Aazanar reaches up and grasps the little mote of light floating near his head. It grows into a ball about eight inches across, like a miniature sun, complete with little prominences and sunspots. He reaches with his other hand, pulling forth a luminous chain from the ball, until the ball is seen cleraly as an implement intended to be swung from the chain as a sort of flail.

"All right, Vesk. Pick your weapon and let's get started. Don't worry... if you lose we'll revive you, if only to get you to give us that information we want."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

"Or you can just tell us what we want to know now."

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

Kultha emits a rumbling chuckle at Julzakama's words.

As she mulls her reply, her companions approach the parley in very different ways.

Hokhuckx, the shirren, appeals to the brute broker's sense of communal spirit and wider customer base.

Bravo Hock-huck-ex; a savvy approach. Not sure Julzakama will care about more Stafinder's bring credit to his door, though he may...

However when Aazanar, the lashunta, meets slight with challenge, Kultha shoots him a wary eye;

Ho! The korasha has fire! Is it bluster or does he really mean it?


Julzakama grins widely and picks up his beer, raising it in a toast to Aazanar. (image)

"All right, all right, I relent!
So the Lashling has fire in his heart, as well as his hand! Haha, maybe I was wrong to judge you for your scrawny arms. But there's no need to get rough. I have a business to run. And besides,"

he again raises his drink, but this time toward Hokhuckx,

"the bug-ling's offer of further business was more than enticing enough, I was just thinking it over."

He leans over the counter, his disposition much friendlier now.

"The seller was named Exegara, and she weren't from around here. Wore a flight suit, like she had come off a long trip. Once she had her money, she asked about where to purchase clean skeletons. I don't carry goods like that, so I sent her to the Vat Garden.

She was definitely Eoxian. She looked sorta like a man-ling but didn't breathe or blink or anything... Oh, and she mentioned something about hiring some 'local muscle' just in case."


Inside the metal box, Laeshin finds seven insignias bearing the compass-like logo of the Starfinder Society.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Aazanar dismisses the weapon with a flick of his wrist, and the small spark of light drifts lazily back up to hover near his ears.

"Fair enough... but what is the 'Vat Garden?' I'm not from around here. Some sort of mortuary?"

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

Kultha watches the cowing of the big male with stoic interest.

Bluster an naught much else in Julzakama it would seem..

She moves toward Laeshin, looking over his shoulder at the batch of insignia with a critical eye;

"See any signs of trauma on them?"


At a cursory glance, the insignias do not appear to be damaged, but they are a little dirty.

Someone give me an Engineering check to take a closer look.


Aazanar wrote:
"Fair enough... but what is the 'Vat Garden?' I'm not from around here. Some sort of mortuary?"

"Alls I know is that that's where people leave their dead. I don't have any reason to go that way myself, least not while I'm still breathin'! Haha!"

Julzakama then gives you directions to the general area of the garden, about 15 minutes away.

He doesn't seem to know much more... If one of you have been in Downlow before, you could try to recall information about the Vat Garden. Or you could ask the locals.

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision

Ignoring the talk of a garden of the dead, Kultha reaches over a picks up a couple of the insignias.

The vesk-mech eyes them curiously, trying to discern what she can;

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

Aazanar broadcasts to the rest of the group telepathically.

{Anyone know anything about this Vat Garden? If our mark headed there right after she sold these, then we'd better hurry, or she might be gone before we get there. Anyone got anything else to ask the Vesk before we leave?}

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Sefel looks over Kultha's shoulder to inspect the insignias with him, in case he can spot any important details.

engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Wayfinders

4669-702 | Female Vesk [Exocortex] Mechanic 1 | Init▸ +1 | EAC▸ 12 KAC▸ 13 CMAC▸ 21 | SP▸ 9/9 HP▸ 12/12 RP▸ 3/3 | Saves F▸ +4 R▸ +3 W▸ +0 [+4 vs. Fear effects] | Movement▸ 30ft | Perc▸ +5; Low Light Vision
Sefel Lamunesh wrote:
Sefel looks over Kultha's shoulder to inspect the insignias with him,

(Ahem. ...with her lol...)


The insignias at first appear to be just plain metal medallions, but a closer look reveals that there is a small trapdoor on the backside. It's easy to open with a fingernail, and it reveals a standard data port. You infer the insignias to actually be secret data storage devices, and they appear to be the appropriate size to store the same amount of information as a tier-1 datapad. It is very difficult to detect this functionality if you are unaware of it.

Unless told about this secret, a non-Starfinder must succeed at a DC 20 Perception or Sense Motive check to realize that these are storage devices. Julzakama doesn't really care, he's already been paid.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Can personal comm units hook into such a data port? they obviously couldn't hold all of the info, but be used to browse it?


They can, these are analogous to a good old USB drive. You could hook it up to any computer system to copy and transport sensitive information. And they are highly unlikely to be confiscated if you are searched (unless, that is, the person doing the search passes the Perception or Sense Motive check).

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none
Kultha Cleft-Tail wrote:
Sefel Lamunesh wrote:
Sefel looks over Kultha's shoulder to inspect the insignias with him,
(Ahem. ...with her lol...)

Apologies, had already forgotten about the switch

Sefel pulls out his personal comm unit.

"Hey Kultha can I see one of those?..."

He plugs it into an insignia's data port to get a sense of the contents...

Wayfinders

Male Shirren Mystic 1 | SP: 0/7 HP:12/12 RP: 5/5| KAC:14 EAC: 13 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +6 | Perception +8, Blindsense 30ft.

What does it have on it? Hokhuckx "whispers," peering over Sefel's shoulder.


The storage drive contains a handful of files, none of which are too exciting. A couple mission reports, a few videos and scientific data packets. You don't immediately recognize the names of the planets listed as the source, though. A couple files do mention the Unbounded Wayfarer so you believe them to be legitimate and that no one has tampered with them.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

Names of planets? Computers check to verify no tampering beyond "belief"?

"This looks like it in fact belonged to the crew that we're after! I found data on several specific planets on here..."

Sefel first makes note of the names of the planets contained within. He looks around the files for any log notes that the crew might have kept, giving a timeline of where they last were. He checks the file access times to see if they give hints as to ordering of planets visited and last visited.

After all of this he tries one more insignia to see if it has data about the same planets, and if it has any journaling from a different crew member.


No need for Comp check. Eng checks were good enough to get everything.

Last time any file was edited was months ago. Unfortunately, there's only a couple actual date references, and it doesn't look like they're in any sort of order or anywhere close to assembling a decent timeline; the files were created over the course of the last couple years. It's someone's storage drive that happens to have random work files on it.

Planets: Ekoris III, Microya, Iderion Minor, Raqui XI and Moons

The second insignia you look at has a rather... interesting collection of holo-images and nothing else.

Dataphiles

Male damaya lashunta scholar technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +4; +2 vs spells/magical effects | Init: +6 | Limited Telepathy 30’ | Perc: +4, SM: +0, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spell Cache 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/4; 2nd 1/3 | frostbite-class zero pistol charges: 20/20 | Active conditions: none

"Hmm, I can't really see an order here, so they could have ended up on or near any of these planets. I guess we should go find this Exegara at Vat Garden and get her to tell us where she acquired these."

As he opens the second insignia, he makes an overly perplexed face at what he finds on there...

Alledisil wrote:
The second insignia you look at has a rather... interesting collection of holo-images and nothing else.

"Uh... somebody on the crew really liked cats. Moving on..."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Lashunta Solarian 3 | SP 21/21 : HP 25/25 : RP 4/4 | EAC 11 : KAC 12 EAC 14 : KAC 15 | F +3 : R +1 : W +2 | Perc. +9 : S.M. +3 : Init. +0 : Move 30' | Ember Doshko +7, 1d8+7F : Tactical Spear +7, 1d6+5P (20 ft) : Solar Weapon +7, 1d6+11 | STR +4 DEX +0 CON +0 INT +1 WIS -1 CHA +3 | Acrobatics: +4 Athletics: +10 Bluff: +7 Computers: +5 Culture: +5 Diplomacy: +7+1d6* Disguise +4 Intimidate: +12 Profession: +12 Stealth: +4+1d6* | Battery 20/20 | | CONDITIONS none : BUFFS none

"Yeah, let's go."

1 to 50 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Alledisil's Into the Unknown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.