Strength and Fear: An Ustalavic Kingmaker Campaign

Game Master vayelan

Kingdom Building Rules
Rulership Tracker
Map: Canterwall and Neighbors

Map: The Town of Ravengro
Map: Harrowstone Grounds

Current Encounter: Harrowstone Prison


101 to 150 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The pair of covered bridges are of similar construction: each about 100 feet long and 20 feet wide, meant to allow carts and wagons to pass easily as they traverse the heart of this farming village.

Sheriff Caeller pauses giving directions to his deputies. A look of indignation gives way to understanding as he recognizes Kain's skill at arms and knowledge of the battlefield. In fact, the cavalier's appeal also draws the attention of other locals bracing for an improvised defense, and they seem ready to defer to Kain rather than the sheriff.

"Jorfa's grabbing her hammer and scaled coat. She and Hearthmount will both serve as good anchors for either line," the sheriff offers. "The rest of the militia may not look like much, but fear can put a strange strength into a man's arm."

Is the party splitting a defense between the two bridges? I want to know if I need to prepare two parallel encounter maps.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

(Is the green shape the horde of orcs? I'm a little confused where we were in relation to them.)

(Initially, Faun was heading in the same direction as Kain, but she'll journey to the bridge that has the most orcs heading towards it).

Whatever the case may be,

Faun heads towards wherever the largest concentration of orcs is. (On her turn:) While still a good distance away, she casts Entangle out in the fields near the bridge, once there is a large concentration of orcs. (DC 14)

She instructs Ornmeil'lon to plant in the middle of the bridge, while she hangs back so she can more effectively wield her longbow.

Ongoing spell effects wrote:


Aspect of the Falcon
Rounds 3/40
+3 Perception (+12 total)
+1 to Ranged attacks
Crit range and multiplier is 19-20/x3


Elven Bolt Ace | HP: 20| AC: 17 FF 14 T 13 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +1 (+2 vs enchant) | Perception: +8| Init: +3

I'd rather not split, but if the orcs do, so will we have to

Shontar and Chao join Faun and the monk plants itself next to the tree. Shontar will try to climb on one of the bridge's balustrades if it is wide enough.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Faun and co. are at the northern bridge, I'd wager.


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP:28/28 | AC: 15/ FF 12/ T 13 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Perception: +4| Init: +3

Sibe will be with Valeska


The covered bridges are old relics of Ravengro's heyday. Stone pilings, set into the slow moving creek, support the stout planks of the wide pathways. The timbers are plain and their paint is peeling. Cobwebs haunt the arching rafters that support the pitched roofs of the bridges.

Kain leads Valeska and Sibe to the nearby southern bridge. As they step onto its boards, they find a squad of five orcs already pushing down from the far side. Three of them appear to be a warriors of a common stripe, while a fourth in their midst is clearly a sergeant, as denoted by his more intimidating armor and heavy blade. Some sort of shaman sits behind this initial battle line.

Hustling through the town square and hurrying to the northern bridge, Faun, Shontar, Chao, and Ornmeil'lon discover a band of four orcs has already marched partway across the span. Three common warriors are bolstered by a particularly brutish thug.

Faun's spell calls the weeds and shrubbery to life, and they Entangle the swarm of additional orcs approaching the far end of the northern bridge. This stems the flow of enemy raiders as her compatriots strive to hold off the first sortie. Likewise, slings and arrows from the militia harass the orcs forming on the far bank of the creek, keeping them busy.

I've posted a link to my very crude encounter map depicting the current match ups on the two bridges.
Please roll initiative and post your first action as combat begins.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

Before heading to the bridge, kain shouts to the sheriff.

send a couple of your quicker men for torches and flame. Be ready to set alight one of the bridges should the need arise, or set one alight and focus entirely on defending one once it is engufled. The decision to do it, and when and if to to do it is yours. This is your town afterall, gods speed, and stay alive. he then kicks Valere onward the rest of the way to the bridge. His thoughts stray to memories of thr past momentarily.

who am I to give orders or advice after all my mistakes... no.. if you second guess yourself all the time, you will get no where but an early grave for you and others. he shakes his head, and continues on.

---southern bridge---

On the bridge kain glances around quickly. He takes note of the one who seems to be the leader of this band of orcs.

try and keep the fighting away from the milita. I'd rather get as few of them involved in a melee with orcs as possible. Please, back me up as best you can, I am going for their leaders. If I can bring them down, perhaps the others will break, I've seen it before. Hopefully, we can win the bridge with one swift blow. he then spurs valere forward, setting thorn, his fathers's spear, and aiming for the sergeant.

Charge! Towards a brighter tomorrow!

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

lance attack, charge, powerattack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 2 = 24
damage: 3d8 + 39 ⇒ (3, 8, 7) + 39 = 57

if the attack hits, mounted blade feat procs. I think I can aim for the shaman, assuming my slow butt doesnt act last...which may be likely If so, any of the other orcs are just as good but the main target is the sargent if possible. AC currently 23. Valeres is likely only 18, as kain likely removed the barding for the night already even though its light. Wasn't expecting a fight.

attack: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 2 - 5 = 25
damage: 3d8 + 39 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 39 = 47


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Faun sidesteps to the right, takes aim with her longbow and, bolstered by her falcon-esque eyes, looses an arrow at the orc furthest to the right

Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Ornmeil’lon takes a baby step forward and indiscriminately attacks whatever is in front of him, slamming into the nearest orc.
Init Ornmeil’lon: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Initiative, Valeska: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Initiative, Sasha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Valeska, sees the potential to have plenty of flanking partners... and overwatch in the form of an archer.

As she charges forward, she draws a starknife.


Enemy Initiative:

Orc Warriors: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Orc Sergeant: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Orc Mystic: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Orc Thug: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Just to clarify, the two bridges are more than 1000 feet apart at opposite ends of the town. They appear next to each other on the encounter map out of convenience. I've also added a token for Sasha on the map, since I initially forgot the eidolon. I used an image of Toothless, as per Valeska's earlier description of the companion :)


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Perfect!

Valeska and Sasha will charge the same Orc.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Attack rolls would help, yeah?

Valeska, attack orc, mw starknife, charge +2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
Valeska, damage, mw starknife, sneak if flat-fires: 1d4 + 4 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12

Sasha, attack orc, bite, charge +2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Sasha, damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


DM Screen:

Shontar Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Chao Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Chao, Charge vs Orc: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Shontar H. Crossbow vs Orc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1

Orc Falchion vs Chao: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Faun's arrow and a swing of Ornmeil’lon's arms each lay low one of the orc grunts.

Towards the back of the south bridge, the orc shaman invokes a spell and disappears from view. On the other bridge, the thuggish orc pulls a flask from his belt, downs its contents, and similarly disappears.

Chao races forward, briefly running along the side rail of the north bridge to squeeze by the young treant, and delivers a strong leaping kick to the sternum of one of the orc grunts. Although it does not fell him, it leaves him gasping for breath.

Sasha dashes forward, and although her claws do not find their mark, her mistress delivers a deadly strike to their foe.

Atop Valere, Kain gallops forth across the bridge's length, his steed's hoofbeats echoing menacingly along the roof. His lance utterly skewers the orc officer before him, and although he can no longer see the shaman, he easily redirects his follow through to slay another one of the orc grunts.

Shontar lines up a shot he's practiced with Chao, shooting over the monk as he ducks down, but his aim is just barely off and whizzes past the wounded orc.

Sibe can still post her first round action.
The party can also post its second round actions.


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP:28/28 | AC: 15/ FF 12/ T 13 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Perception: +4| Init: +3

Round 1
Int: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sibe moves up to the middle of the bank of the river. Seeing this one person surrounded by two Orks, she aims at the nearer one (Orange) and shoots a Ray of Enfeeblement at him.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 ... I don't think that will hit..

Round 2
Having her first attack miss horribly. She decides to hit this time, and charges up Magic Missile One to hit the Orange and another to hit the Red.

Red: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Orange: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

As the shaman turns invisible during his charge, kain curses in his head, but soon feels the satisfying impact of orc on lance, the splatter of blood and a small smile appears on his lips.

stop, it should not bring joy to yourself to bring death to others. Even orcs.
the thought hangs hollow in his head for a long second before his thoughts are torn back to the battle by the bellow of the orc near him.

Valere, find the mage! kain orders his horse to sniff out the shaman as best it can and urges valere towards the last place he had seen the shaman.

horseception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 trying to use the scent ability.

While he lets valere try to oust the invisible orc, kain turns his attention to the remaining orc, he stows his shield and thrusts his spear toward the orc raider in a practiced turn which adjusts valere's direction and adds extra force to his blow.

attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

ac 21.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Oh no you don’t! Faun silently says as the brutish orc vanishes from sight. Rather than draw another arrow, she moves her arm in fluid wavy motions, muttering the words of the ancients in a language few people know.
(Casting create water. My goal is to create 8 gallons of water and have it flow away from me, but across the bridge. If the bridge design wouldn’t allow for that, she would “drop” it all a few feet behind Ornmeil’lon. Ultimately, she wants to either reveal the hidden or make it easier to spot where he steps

If Ornmeil’lon is able to spot where the hidden orc is, he’ll make a full attack action.

Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Sasha moves around the Orc, flanking him... Valeska steps into it, taking advantage of the Orc's distraction.

Acrobatics through threatened square: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Sasha attack red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Sasha damage red: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Valeska attack red, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Valeska damage red, sneak: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (1) = 6


DM Screen:

Ornmeil’lon Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
1st Attack Concealment, Miss on 1: 1d2 ⇒ 2
2nd Attack Concealment, Miss on 1: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Kain Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Chao Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Flurry vs Orc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Flurry vs Thug: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Concealment, Miss on 1: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Faun's magical ploy works, and Ornmeil’lon is able to distinguish the ripple of footprints among the puddles on the wooden planks. The young treant manages to swing his mighty limbs into the unseen foe and deliver telling blows.

Just as Valere is able to sniff out the orc shaman, the foe reveals himself as he calls down a spell upon Kain. The cavalier hears guttural chanting in his mind, impelling him to turn against his allies - but he easily shrugs off the compulsion.

Chao brings down the orc raider in front of him with an open palm strike, then turns to deliver a blind back kick to the unseen foe at his back. Like Ornmeil’lon, the monk also finds his target. Finally, Sibe's magic bolts fly true and spell the end of the invisible orc thug, who comes back into view as he lies dying upon the bridge planks.

Sasha and Valeska's attacks fail to breach the last raider's defenses, but Kain's spear thrust easily slays the foe. On the northern bridge, Shontar begins reloading his crossbow, preparing for the next wave of foes.

Beyond the bridges, the western half of the village remains the violent playground of the remaining two-thirds or so of the orc raiding party. Rather than giving in to reckless abandon and charging the bridges, with a quick glance Kain recognizes that they are holding their positions so as to pillage and hold off any counter-offensive coming off the bridges.

The only enemy left on the bridges is the now-visible orc shaman.
At the start of the third round, you need to decide how to handle not just the shaman, but the remaining orcs.
I will edit or create a new encounter map depending on your strategy.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

As the magical presence intrudes, Kain's face turns to a scowl.

You will not so easily subdue me cur!

Kain urges Valere forward to strike the shaman, signaling valere to strike out as well. Valere stands up and lashes out with his hooves before bringing his head down in a powerful headbutt. Kain uses the momentum and distraction of Valere's rear-up to add strength to his thrust.

lance: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

horseheadbutt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

hoof1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
hoof2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

he turns to the others.

Should we venture forward and try to drive them from the town, or wait? I say we should go forward, but I know the way I learned to fight works better in larger areas. We would have to leave the militia to defend the bridge alone in that case however.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

They seem to be awaiting or arrival, would be rude to tarry any longer!

If there are leaders among them, let us strike at their heart!

Is the bridge clear?


With lance and steed, Kain slays the orc shaman before he can flee or unleash any more spells.
This leaves both bridges clear and under your control.

The western half of Ravengro, fallen into the hands of the orc raiders, hosts four prominent buildings that stand out among the fields and cottages. Three of them appear to be the small manors of more well-to-do residents, while the fourth is clearly the village's lone temple. Although its roof already dances with flame, the largest concentration of orcs congregates around the temple, clearly seeking the best plunder.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Let us hope the others see or move and flank the heathen... With that, Valeska sets off at a pall mall run, with Sasha catching up and pulling slightly ahead.

Sasha, I was thinking is masculine..? Like the Russian, short for Alexander. No complaints, just for future reference, the Eidelon actually seems somewhat gender neutral, otherworldly, etc...


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

then forward, let us drive this rabble from the town! I fight better with more room anyway. He glances back to the militia and shouts a command.

Take and hold the entrance to this bridge! Anyone that has ranged weapons take up a second line and pelt any orcs you can! Let no orc through, for the sake of your lives, and your families! He raises his spear at the end Victory to the Valiant!

He then urges Valere onward, quickly catching up to valeska and sasha.

To the church first, there may be people barricaded inside!


Elven Bolt Ace | HP: 20| AC: 17 FF 14 T 13 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +1 (+2 vs enchant) | Perception: +8| Init: +3

"Aehm, yeah, Kain, you may lead. We did good there already I think. Yes, my bolts didn't actualy hit anything, but the wind and the light...nobody in the world could have given a serious shot under these conditions."
Then he tried to keep up with the group.


Perhaps intimidated by how quickly you dispatched their squads on the bridge, the orcs withdraw from the banks of the creek. As you pursue, the air grows thick with smoke and the sounds of crackling wood and war drums. The temple of Pharasma is crowned with flames, consuming the tiled roof. A similar fate befalls the nearby farmhouses and fields.

The jagged remains of an intricate stained glass window sits within the temple's eastern face. Through the shards of colored glass, the light of the fires casts a ghostly panoply of colors across the battlefield.

Here, a handful of orc champions command a company of a dozen warriors. Drawing stout bows and broad blades, they turn from their looting to confront the two groups of enemies emerging from the bridges to catch their formation in a pincer.

New Enemy Initiative:

Orc Lieutenant: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Orc Sergeants: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Orc Mystic: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Orc War Drummer: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Orc Warriors: 1d20 ⇒ 5

I've updated the Encounter Map. Please post your next actions.
Time to become heroes!


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Valeska steps closer and touches Valere, casting a warding.

Straight for the heart, good knight. Your steed has been warded against evil and we are with you... Sirrah!

Sasha roars a challenge, but it does not seem to command the attention he'd hoped. He is ready to move when Valeska does.

Protection from Evil, 2 minutes.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

just a fyi, Valere is technically large sized, so kain would be taking up the same space a large entity would, by strict PF rules, idk if that matters here, or to you, or if you wanted to use the older DnD rules of a horse being 1x2. Just wanted to let you know.

Kain curses at the sight of the buildings burning. Even if they won here quickly, the damage would be long in repair, if anything would even be left from the flames.

Please, try and clear a path to their leader, I should be able to get past one stray orc, but even Valere cannot ride through a field of orcs. Take care and provide protection for each other as well, orcs are ill-disciplined and uncoordinated, if we work together, it will make moving among them easier.

Using tactician ability to give everyone (sadly only those within 30ft) the escape route teamwork feat for 5 rounds. Just a note, this should work with companions as well. which funnily enough means it works on Valere RAW, it doesn't change too much, it just means I can ride through and around orcs without provoking AoOs haha.


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP:28/28 | AC: 15/ FF 12/ T 13 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Perception: +4| Init: +3

Not knowing much of what she can do as a melee combat, Sibe stands back and readies a shocking grasp for when the foes come closer. If they fail to do so, she will move up with the fighter.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Initiative, Valeska: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Initiative, Sasha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

kainitiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

So sorry about my delay! I mostly post during break times at work, but work has been so hectic lately. But Faun is back!

GM, were any of the orcs still entangled in the fields? And were the fields in anyone's way between the bridges and the temple (or other structures?)

Faun, enraged at the wanton destruction, runs up to the nearest building and casts create water over the top of it and inside and on the flames. (She can create 8 gallons per round, and the water will disappear in 24hrs)

The treant keeps its distance from the flames as much as possible, heading for the orc directly in front of it. (Double movement, will attack next round).

Ongoing effects wrote:


Aspect of the Falcon
Rounds 6?/40
+3 Perception (+12 total)
+1 to Ranged attacks
Crit range and multiplier is 19-20/x3


Elven Bolt Ace | HP: 20| AC: 17 FF 14 T 13 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +1 (+2 vs enchant) | Perception: +8| Init: +3

Shontar ini: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Chao ini: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


DM Screen:

Ornmeil’lon Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Ornmeil’lon Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Lieutenant Comp Longbow vs Kain: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11
Sergeant Javelin vs Kain: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15

The orc war drummer marches forth, still pounding on the hide drums suspended from straps lashed across his chest. He bellows out harsh words that turn out to be a spell, and a burst of concentrated sound erupts against Ornmeil’lon's bark. Another shaman also steps closer and aims a spell at the young treant, but Ornmeil’lon seems unaffected.

The orc commander shoves one of his sergeants out of the way as he draws his bow and pulls back a shot. However, the arrow sails clear over Kain's head. His sergeant composes himself and moves forward while pulling a javelin from a sheaf. He hurls it towards Kain as well, but it snaps against the cavalier's shield.

Ornmeil’lon takes 5 damage. I will wait to post the orc grunts' actions until Shontar posts his and Chao's actions.


Elven Bolt Ace | HP: 20| AC: 17 FF 14 T 13 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +1 (+2 vs enchant) | Perception: +8| Init: +3

didn't know it was my turn

Chao waits until Shontar can get off a shot at the lone orc north.

Shontar attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10

Then Chao charges and jumps into the orc's legs.
Trip: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21

I dropped chao's ini down to shontar


Shontar - For expediency, I'm just asking everyone to post their actions at the same time, then having them resolve according to the initiative order.

DM Screen:

Orc Shortbow vs Kain: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
Orc Shortbow vs Kain: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18
Orc Shortbow vs Kain: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Chao AoO vs Orc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Orc Falchion vs Chao: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19

Orc Charge vs Treant: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 13

A veritable firing line of orc archers forms up before Kain, trying to fell the knight with a volley of arrows. Few of their opening shots make contact, and those that do merely shatter against his shield.

The orc knocked down by Chao attempts to stand, but the monk delivers a heel kick that cracks the raider's sternum, yet it does not keep him from standing again. The orc swings his heavy blade in a wide arc, and the blade barely misses the monk.

One of the easternmost orcs recklessly charges Ornmeil’lon, but the treant's thick bark manages to absorb the blow.

The party can post its next actions.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Knight! Sasha 'n I will take them, starting left! Sasha, flank!

Sasha sprints and twists to position himself behind the closest Orc to the left, and a step further such that he will also be flanking the next one, should the first fall... Grr...

Sibeesha, put that crossbow to use! Having spoken, Valeska hustles to charge the Orc that Sasha will hopefully flank, but the time she gets there.

Sasha, acrobatics thru threatened square, they have bows out?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Valeska, attack Orc (bottom left) charge flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 25
Valeska, damage Orc (bottom left) sneak stab: 1d4 + 4 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (2) = 7


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

Kain urges valere forward, right towards the lone orc standing between him and his goal. The horse attempts to trample over the orc standing in its path unless it moves out of its way.

overrun: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Kain readies his spear, and issues a challenge to the orc commander.

You will fall to my lance filth! Your terror and destruction of this town will end on the tips of our spears! Forward!

Kain aims for the orcs chest, the rythm of Valeres hoofbeats helps kain to focus on his foe.

attack,challenge,charge,PA,: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30
damage: 3d8 + 39 + 12 ⇒ (6, 1, 7) + 39 + 12 = 65 -2 AC vs other enemies until the challenge is over.


M Cavalier Cavalier 5 HP: 42/62| AC:21(24)| T: 12| FF:20(23)| Fort:+8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +7| Init: +2| Perception: +11

forgot to say, using ride-by-attack, so end up near the mystic. (threaten range)


Tian Flowing Monk 5 | HP: 43| AC: 25 FF 19 T 21 (+1 for each adjacent)| Fort: +7 Ref: +9 Will: +8 | Perception: +11| Init: +4

old orund:
Unbalancing Encounter: Reflex DC15 for the orc or be flat-footed from the AoO

Redirection, immediate action trip when attacked: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28 if tripped, Reflex DC15 (17, if enemy used Power attack) or sickened

Chao hurls around the orc trying to disorient him back and forth.

new round:
Then there's another orc, which he'll put to the ground as well.

trip: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

Chao throws both the orcs towards his allies using ki throw.

If orcs try to stand up or provoke otherwise:

AoO Trip: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
AoO Trip: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Reflex DC 15 or flat-footed from the AoO


Elven Bolt Ace | HP: 20| AC: 17 FF 14 T 13 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +1 (+2 vs enchant) | Perception: +8| Init: +3

Shontar watches Chao do his thing, still not understanding how this works.
He then reloads and shoots at one of the prone orcs.

attack, prone, into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 - 4 = -1

This bolt is so far off, hopefully nobody noticed.


The orc grunt that stands between his leader and the charging knight dives out of the way of the horse's hooves.

With deadly practiced precision, Kain's lance skewers the orc warlord through the chest, the sharp point violently exiting even through the thick armor at his back. As Valere gallops past the line of orc archers, Kain deposits the slain commander at the feet of his officers, letting the body slide off his lance.

The orc commander is very dead. Faun and Sibe can still post their actions, then I'll resolve the rest of the round.


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

Faun continues to dowse the building until it's extinguished. Then she'll move on to the next burning building.

Ornmeil'lon slams into the foolish orc like a plaything!

Slam 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Then steps up, staring down at the other puny orc (orange)

(Attack, 5ft step)

Ongoing effects wrote:


Aspect of the Falcon
Rounds 7/40
+3 Perception (+12 total)
+1 to Ranged attacks
Crit range and multiplier is 19-20/x3
-------
Ornmeil'lon
hp 29/34


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP:28/28 | AC: 15/ FF 12/ T 13 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Perception: +4| Init: +3

Sibe shoots a Ray of Frost at the closest foe attacking Chao.
Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Yeah... That ray of frost went wide and didn't do much.


DM Screen:

Kain Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Mystic, Summoning: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Orc Reflex Save: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Sergeant Spear Charge vs Kain: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Sergeant Spear vs Treant: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Orc Falchion Charge vs Kain: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 22
Orc Falchion vs Kain: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
Crit?: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

Orc Spear vs Treant: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Orc Spear vs Treant: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Orc Falchion vs Sasha: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12
Orc Falchion vs Sasha: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
Orc Falchion vs Valeska: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

Faun's efforts have largely doused the flames consuming the roof of the nearby cottage, while her treant companion smashes the offending raider's arm with a powerful strike.

The slaughter of their commander strikes a terrible blow against the raiders' morale, but their numeric advantage keeps them from fleeing just yet. The sergeants, in particular, actually seem energized by the sight of their leader's mortal blood. Perhaps sensing an opportunity to earn glory and seize command, they throw themselves into battle with devastating effect. They strike terrible wounds upon Ornmeil'lon and Kain, and they exhort their soldiers to do likewise.

With spear and heavy blade, the orcs inflict wounds upon Kain, Valeska, and Ornmeil'lon.

The war drummer's percussion rhythm falters slightly as the enemy horseman draws close, but he concentrates long enough to direct a spell at him - a spell which Kain easily resists. The shaman, though, draws forth a spell and speaks the incantation upon the hide parchment. The fiery outline of two summoned dogs begins to appear around Kain.

Elsewhere on this battlefield, two of the orcs decide to flee. The two beside Chao would also flee, if only they could regain their feet against the monk's disruptive sweeps and throws.

Kain takes 26 damage. Ornmeil'lon takes 25 damage. Sasha takes 20 damage.
If you can finish off a few more of the raiders, their morale will break.
Go ahead and post your next actions.


Female Human Sw/Ro/Su 1/1/3 HP 42/42 AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +1 | R +7 | W +6 | Init +2 | Per +8

Sasha attacks the wounded Orc.

Sasha attack, wounded Orc, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
Sasha damage, wounded Orc, flank: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

12 total, with Valeska's 7 from last round.

If the Orc falls, Sasha will weave his way through the enemy, seeing up another flank for Valeska, whilst allowing her to step away from being surrounded.

Valeska steps towards the middle of the killing ground, lashing out with her Desnan blade.

Valeska attack, right-most Orc, flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
Valeska damage, right-most Orc, flank, sneak stab: 1d4 + 4 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (7) = 15

Sasha acrobatics, thru threatened squares: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Summoned Dogs shouldn't be able to touch Valere as he's warded by Protection from Evil.


Elven Bolt Ace | HP: 20| AC: 17 FF 14 T 13 | Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +1 (+2 vs enchant) | Perception: +8| Init: +3

Seeing as Chao is fully capable of handling the orcs, Shontar reloads and tries to help the tree-thing.

attack, into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3


Tian Flowing Monk 5 | HP: 43| AC: 25 FF 19 T 21 (+1 for each adjacent)| Fort: +7 Ref: +9 Will: +8 | Perception: +11| Init: +4

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 I assume a 11 is still enough

Chao feels the fear in the orcs who seem to try to flee. He let's them go and charges another one.
trip: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 = 20

If orc trys to stand up or provoke otherwise:

AoO Trip: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Reflex DC 15 or flat-footed from the AoO


Female Sylph Wizard 4 | HP:28/28 | AC: 15/ FF 12/ T 13 | Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +4 | Perception: +4| Init: +3

Sibe loads her crossbow and gets ready to attack next round with it.

Suddenly a hawk swoops down and attacks the pink guy on Chao.

Tallons: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1


Elf Druid (Treesinger) 5| hp 44/44 | Init+2 | Perc+10 | AC 16 TAC 13 FF 14 | CMB +5 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 Ref +4 Will +8

The treant, definitely hurt but not down, tried to end things quickly. It slams into the sergeant directly in front of it!

Slam 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Slam 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

---

Having significantly reduced the flames, Faun begins to make her way south and west the next burning house. With one hand still on her longbow, she pauses momentarily to nock and loose an arrow at the orc to her companion's left (red orc beneath 'Orn')

Longbow into melee: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Seeing the arrow make contact, Faun continues to move, stowing her bow.
Suddenly, Faun's hands begin to look very similar to her treant friend's bark, except hers are covered in tiny thorns.
(completed move action, activating Wooden Fist as a free action)

Ongoing effects wrote:


Aspect of the Falcon
Rounds 8/40
+3 Perception (+12 total)
+1 to Ranged attacks
Crit range and multiplier is 19-20/x3

Wooden Fist: As a free action, your hands can become as hard as wood, covered in tiny thorns. Unarmed strikes do not provoke attacks of opportunity, they deal lethal damage, and gain a bonus on damage rolls equal to 1/2 your Druid level. You can use this ability for a number of rounds equal to 3+Wisdom modifier. (attack +5//damage 1d3+2+2)

-------
Ornmeil'lon
hp 4/34

101 to 150 of 528 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strength and Fear: An Ustalavic Kingmaker Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.